PDA

View Full Version : Melo-for-Griffin proposal mulled

grandsalami
01-04-2014, 01:39 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10233011/carmelo-anthony-blake-griffin-proposal-mulled

Stunner
01-04-2014, 01:41 AM
Twitter has been going crazy for over an hour now

shep33
01-04-2014, 01:45 AM
Chris Broussard...

/thread

Method28
01-04-2014, 02:02 AM
as a clippers fan....HELLLLLLLLLL NO.

Trueblue2
01-04-2014, 02:03 AM
Anyone else think that Chris Broussard is incarcerated bob?

RipCity32
01-04-2014, 02:06 AM
I would not trade Blake. He's really starting to blossom and is still just 24

shep33
01-04-2014, 02:06 AM
Honestly, we need to close threads based on Broussard rumors/sources. I'm not even joking anymore

spreadeagle
01-04-2014, 02:17 AM
Anyone else think that Chris Broussard is incarcerated bob?
hahahaha

LOOTERX9
01-04-2014, 02:18 AM
This sounds like pure fiction from chris B.S. Wake me up when the 2 teams actually talk to each other bout a trade proposal. This is just made up lies at moment

JasonJohnHorn
01-04-2014, 02:26 AM
Any GM that would trade a 24-year-old power forward the sells seats the way Blake does AND posted 20/10 nightly AND can actually pass the ball and shoot over .550 from the floor (with a FT% at almost .700 this year) for a 30-year-old that struggles to shoot .450 is either smoking crack, or is the worst GM in the history of the game.

gatkins11
01-04-2014, 03:14 AM
If Woj reported this you all would be freaking out about it. Lol.

85BearsDefense
01-04-2014, 03:15 AM
This ^^^

85BearsDefense
01-04-2014, 03:15 AM
My this was not to the Woj post the one above it

Method28
01-04-2014, 03:28 AM

maybe so haha but he didnt so HA!

IKnowHoops
01-04-2014, 03:34 AM
Any GM that would trade a 24-year-old power forward the sells seats the way Blake does ANY posted 20/10 nightly AND can actually pass the ball and shoot over .550 from the floor (with a FT% at almost .700 this year) for a 30-year-old that struggles to shoot .450 is either smoking crack, or is the worst GM in the history of the game.

LOL but true.

UPRock
01-04-2014, 03:59 AM
No way in hell

JNA17
01-04-2014, 04:07 AM
Wrong post. -_-

JNA17
01-04-2014, 04:10 AM

Because Woj doesn't post BS.

kylem4711
01-04-2014, 04:18 AM
laughable. clips wont trade blake. makes no sense

mbsalame123
01-04-2014, 04:31 AM
I was reading on cbs sports about this and they talk about how the issue isnt scoring for the clippers, it is defense. On CBS they mention the possibility of blake griffin heading to new york with deandre jordan for melo and tyson chandler(a much better, capable defender down low). chandler played with cp3 in new orleans before and they were a dominant duo, now chandler is way better, although injuries have held him back this season and add melo along with 3 point shooters like reddick and dudley to the team, and you have a major threat that looks better then the griffin and jordan duo.

I think a melo for griffin trade won't do anything but if you throw in deandre jordan for tyson chandler then i like it for the clippers.

What do you think? I know griffin and jordan are way younger and have potential but it is about win now for the clippers in my opinion and they have a coach that wants to win now too.

I say do it if I'm the clippers!

Melo, Chandler and Shumpert along with a draft pick for Griffin, Jordan, Dudley and Mullens or Green

Chill_Will_24
01-04-2014, 04:54 AM
I was reading on cbs sports about this and they talk about how the issue isnt scoring for the clippers, it is defense. On CBS they mention the possibility of blake griffin heading to new york with deandre jordan for melo and tyson chandler(a much better, capable defender down low). chandler played with cp3 in new orleans before and they were a dominant duo, now chandler is way better, although injuries have held him back this season and add melo along with 3 point shooters like reddick and dudley to the team, and you have a major threat that looks better then the griffin and jordan duo.

I think a melo for griffin trade won't do anything but if you throw in deandre jordan for tyson chandler then i like it for the clippers.

What do you think? I know griffin and jordan are way younger and have potential but it is about win now for the clippers in my opinion and they have a coach that wants to win now too.

Melo, Chandler and Shumpert along with a draft pick for Griffin, Jordan, Dudley and Mullens or Green

INB4 "Knicks are trading the better player so why we have to give up Shumpert?"

DitchDat
01-04-2014, 07:06 AM
I don't think that any team has any chance to acquire either CP3 or Blake from the Clips. This is all just based on that ridiculous report about Melo's shortlist of preferred destinations.

xxplayerxx23
01-04-2014, 10:30 AM

You expect a pick lol no chance

xxplayerxx23
01-04-2014, 10:31 AM

He expects a pick and shumpert along with melo and chandler lol not happenings fact is there not trading Blake for anyone. Execpt maybe love, clearly Lebron and durant but probably nobody else

BklynKnicks3
01-04-2014, 10:34 AM
I rather lose melo for nothing then pay Blake max

waveycrockett
01-04-2014, 10:43 AM
It makes sense for both teams. I know Melo would re-up in LA but I dont ever see it getting done without an extension and Sterling giving up on Blake is hard to fathom. He is very attached.

xxplayerxx23
01-04-2014, 10:43 AM
I rather lose melo for nothing then pay Blake max

Idiotic. I'd rather trade melo for picks this year :pray: but griffin is a stud

SanPitte
01-04-2014, 12:05 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

on the trade machine it's impossible for the Clippers to get Anthony AND Chandler, unless the Clips give up Redick and don't ask for Shumpert, which I don't see happening

the best the Clips can do is Griffin and Dudley for Melo only

AddiX
01-04-2014, 12:20 PM
Clippers fans Don't seem to realize, chris Paul is in win now mode, he's not trying to wait for Blake. Clips got a good team, but there not winning nothing with this roster.

Melo and Paul make to much sense, lmao at clips thinking they get shumpert in this deal somehow. WTF are you guys smoking, Are you guys forgetting what Blake looked like last year when cp3 was out?

MagicBucsSox
01-04-2014, 12:25 PM
I think knicks are winning the trade. They care about $$$$ revenue. Blake dunking at MSG is box office. After next season they're gonna have insane cap space.

Melo + CP3 + dj, isn't championship material.

TheIlladelph16
01-04-2014, 12:27 PM

Clippers fans Don't seem to realize, chris Paul is in win now mode, he's not trying to wait for Blake. Clips got a good team, but there not winning nothing with this roster.

Melo and Paul make to much sense, lmao at clips thinking they get shumpert in this deal somehow. WTF are you guys smoking, Are you guys forgetting what Blake looked like last year when cp3 was out?

Lol

John Walls Era
01-04-2014, 12:38 PM
Would be a dumb move by the Clippers.

Would be a smart move by Dolan's Knicks.

Main reasons why it won't happen^

waveycrockett
01-04-2014, 12:39 PM
I think knicks are winning the trade. They care about $$$$ revenue. Blake dunking at MSG is box office. After next season they're gonna have insane cap space.

My question is if with CP3+DJ+Shooters around Blake can't even make it WCF what exactly is it going to take to make Blake a Champion?

MagicBucsSox
01-04-2014, 12:49 PM
My question is if with CP3+DJ+Shooters around Blake can't even make it WCF what exactly is it going to take to make Blake a Champion?
Blake isn't this terrible player ppl have him out to be. He's actually develop offensive skill. I think he's best as the 2nd guy on a team. Nykis gonna have to build around him , but I know for a fact Carmelo is gonna shoot the clippers to the grave

blahblahyoutoo
01-04-2014, 01:00 PM

without a competent PG, it's going to be flop city, not lob city for blake.

BKLYNpigeon
01-04-2014, 01:16 PM
I could see it happening, might be a smart move by both teams.

Knicks might lose Melo for nothing...

CP3 and Melo are great friends and always wanted to start their own Big 3

CP3 is injured not and the Clippers will need some help filling that void for 5 weeks.

thekmp211
01-04-2014, 01:22 PM
makes me wonder if blake is clashing with anyone on the coaching staff/in the front office.

unless melo decides to become a secondary player, and adapts his game as such, i don't really get it for LAC. blake has been excellent this year, and you have to have that scoring punch inside in the west. his offensive game isn't exactly pretty, but it's leagues better than it was when he first came into the league.

is there enough basketball for paul and melo to share? because there's no question who should do a majority of the ball-handling creating. if the clips really want to move griffin i'd go after someone like love or aldridge, not melo. can't see this happening, but then again because of the parties involved, i kind of want it to happen. the twitter windfall alone would be hysterical.

ChiSox219
01-04-2014, 01:28 PM

Blake put up 23/9/6.8 with 2.2spg during that stretch, what are you getting at? That was even with serious struggles for Eric Bledsoe during that stretch.

EL_MACHETE
01-04-2014, 01:33 PM
Blake Griffin is a Great player and I wished Okc would of traded up draft him.

I like Serge Ibaka but if we could trade him for Griffin then I'll do it. Especially since Griffin can come back to play with his hometown team

will this trade happen.?. I doubt it

JLynn943
01-04-2014, 01:40 PM
Makes no sense for the Clippers. Blake is definitely better than Melo. The trade would be a downgrade in talent, make the roster older, and screw up chemistry. Clippers are built to win now as is and a trade for Melo would be a win-now trade that (imo) gives them less of a shot to actually win it all.

SluggeR
01-04-2014, 01:41 PM
These main forums always lack objectivity. Always a bunch of "hey look t me" post. I'm a fan of both (NK & Clips) and Blake's playoff appearances have been next to horrible. He has basically shrunk during the playoffs. One more playoff appearance like this and everybody will be posting how the Clips can't win with Blake anchoring the squad. If Blake stays where he is (development wise) he's a good player, but he's not enough for the Clippers to win a ship; the way the Clippers are presently constructed. Melo & Chandler would give the Clippers a go-to scorer and a top-tier defender that adds leadership+winning mentality. If you watch the end of Clippers games (when their close), CP3 is taking most of the shots and Crawford is second. CP3 is gifted offensively, but the Clips depend waaay too much on him offensively. He's not going to be able to hold-up if he has to guard opposing PG's and be looked apon to make every big basket..

tredigs
01-04-2014, 01:44 PM
It would be a death blow to everything the Clippers have been working towards for the last 3 years. I'll just hope this is Broussard being Broussard.

@Slugger, look at Blake's health in those appearances.

If he can do it in the regular season, he can do it in the playoffs. He just needs to get their healthy.

The synergy lost in a Melo trade at this point would cripple them.

AddiX
01-04-2014, 01:45 PM
Blake put up 23/9/6.8 with 2.2spg during that stretch, what are you getting at? That was even with serious struggles for Eric Bledsoe during that stretch.

I'm getting at, he sucked, and so did the clippers without cp3. Blake isn't the type of player who can stand alone without a pg.

All you have to do is look at how hard cp3 has to work game in and game out to win. He sits and the lead disappears instantly. cp3 needs and wants a real star who ca be a stsr on his own, and Blake is not that.

SluggeR
01-04-2014, 01:47 PM
You give Melo a coach like Doc and a PG that will be able to make the game easier for him, WATCH OUT. Melo doesn't need to dominate the ball to score, Woodson is just a horrible offensive coach. I'm sure playing in NY has shown Melo he aint winning anything, going ISO the majority of the game. When Melo has someone that can get him the ball and just let him focus on putting the ball in the bucket, it's a thing of beauty.

Chronz
01-04-2014, 01:48 PM
laughable report by the leagues biggest source for "source" material. Clips hang up the phone asap on any deal like this.

tredigs
01-04-2014, 01:49 PM
I'm getting at, he sucked, and so did the clippers without cp3. Blake isn't the type of player who can stand alone without a pg.

All you have to do is look at how hard cp3 has to work game in and game out to win. He sits and the lead disappears instantly. cp3 needs and wants a real star who ca be a stsr on his own, and Blake is not that.
Is this you being funny, or do you really just never watch the Clips? I don't think there's a more relaxed superstar in the NBA then a 1st half CP3. In 4th quarters he turns it on when need be, but the game comes very naturally to him and while he maintains his production for the most part, his patience + deflection borders on ridiculous for large chunks of most games.

SluggeR
01-04-2014, 01:49 PM
It would be a death blow to everything the Clippers have been working towards for the last 3 years. I'll just hope this is Broussard being Broussard.

@Slugger, look at Blake's health in those appearances.

If he can do it in the regular season, he can do it in the playoffs. He just needs to get their healthy.

The synergy lost in a Melo trade at this point would cripple them.

Health is not the reason Blake came up small, he was struggling before those tweaks. You gotta come better than that. Doc Rivers & CP3 are the synergy of that team..

Chronz
01-04-2014, 01:51 PM

If thats what you're getting that, then what you got at is pretty laughable. Blake is always Blake, regardless of CP3. Hence that stretch of great games. As for the team, it was a long road trip IIRC, and Melo isn't doing any better on his own right now, thus the importance of understanding its a team game.

Chronz
01-04-2014, 01:52 PM
Health is not the reason Blake came up small, he was struggling before those tweaks. You gotta come better than that. Doc Rivers & CP3 are the synergy of that team..
He entered the post season struggling with back problems. The season before he had a better playoff series against the same Memphis team. It would be like me ignoring whatever made Melo play so ****** in last years series vs the Pacers.

LOOTERX9
01-04-2014, 02:02 PM
I wanna know how good melo is looking with no pg? Yeah he still gets his numbers but his team sucks monkey balls. Blake fits in multiple systems better than melo and is easier to fit players around him. Melo is not a franchise player. Blake aint either but blake is a more compatible player for other stars to play with than melo is. Plus melo is so slow and unathletic

xxplayerxx23
01-04-2014, 02:14 PM
I wanna know how good melo is looking with no pg? Yeah he still gets his numbers but his team sucks monkey balls. Blake fits in multiple systems better than melo and is easier to fit players around him. Melo is not a franchise player. Blake aint either but blake is a more compatible player for other stars to play with than melo is. Plus melo is so slow and unathletic

Oh please foolish as can be. He has had a winning season every year.
Coming off 54 wins never has a team as talented as a lot Of the other stars. I agree Blake is great and I'd be for the deal but seriously you are foolish, can't wait to hear from you in April.

FraziersKnicks
01-04-2014, 02:16 PM
:hope:

xxplayerxx23
01-04-2014, 02:18 PM

Knicks do fine without Blake cash wise.
Paul-reddick-Dudley-melo-dj is nasty it would cause problems

kylem4711
01-04-2014, 02:20 PM

knicks fans dont seem to realize that pretty much everyone is in win now move. also CP3 just signed a new contract.

Cal827
01-04-2014, 02:20 PM
:laugh: How much crack did the Clippers GM get his hands on?

D-Leethal
01-04-2014, 02:22 PM
He entered the post season struggling with back problems. The season before he had a better playoff series against the same Memphis team. It would be like me ignoring whatever made Melo play so ****** in last years series vs the Pacers.

Like a torn labrum that required 6 months of non-contact and rehab to heal?

D-Leethal
01-04-2014, 02:23 PM
This is a good trade for both teams. Melo is a much bigger difference maker at this point than Blake. Melo and CP3 is a championship duo that can go toe to toe with anyone, CP3 and Blake and isn't getting through the West let alone Miami/Indy in the Finals.

Pacerlive
01-04-2014, 02:29 PM
The problem with the clippers is that they would have no low post scoring if they did this trade but I also think the Clippers pnr game with Blake is pretty predictable. I don't think its championship claiber either way but if the Clippers could get a reasonable big man with some free throw shooting then I would do this trade.

MagicBucsSox
01-04-2014, 02:31 PM
Knicks do fine without Blake cash wise.
Paul-reddick-Dudley-melo-dj is nasty it would cause problems

Problems to who? Not brons team, not a healthy KD team, not George's team. Clippers would have no rebounding outside DJ, no post offense in the paint no help on offensive boards. No help shot blocking but a hacking DJ.

shep33
01-04-2014, 02:40 PM
:laugh: How much crack did the Clippers GM get his hands on?

Sources say two keys

But yeah, the only way I see this deal happening is if Blake tears both of his ACL's next game... even then

shep33
01-04-2014, 02:52 PM
I honestly don't see a Melo + CP3 duo being better than CP3 + Blake. Blake is a great P&R player who gets them easy baskets. With Melo, your going to get more jumpers, and the Clips already have Redick, Dudley, Crawford, Barnes, Green, etc.

Blake is also shooting 70% from the line. He's no longer a 4th quarter liability in that department. Then if your playing Melo at the 4... out west, he's going to get worn out by guarding guys like Love, Aldridge, Zbo, Lee, etc.

MagicBucsSox
01-04-2014, 02:56 PM
I honestly don't see a Melo + CP3 duo being better than CP3 + Blake. Blake is a great P&R player who gets them easy baskets. With Melo, your going to get more jumpers, and the Clips already have Redick, Dudley, Crawford, Barnes, Green, etc.

Blake is also shooting 70% from the line. He's no longer a 4th quarter liability in that department. Then if your playing Melo at the 4... out west, he's going to get worn out by guarding guys like Love, Aldridge, Zbo, Lee, etc.

I think your the 2nd best poster lol seriously, I concor 100% this is a knicks steal. And have Blake in NY, when kyrie is a FA and bron

shep33
01-04-2014, 03:09 PM
I think your the 2nd best poster lol seriously, I concor 100% this is a knicks steal. And have Blake in NY, when kyrie is a FA and bron

Haha Thanks bro.

If this deal were actually on the table and both teams were considering it... the Knicks would be idiots not to take it. A 24 year old superstar of is a steal

Chronz
01-04-2014, 03:13 PM
Like a torn labrum that required 6 months of non-contact and rehab to heal?

Exactly, now imagine a player with a lesser injury but one who relies on his athletic ability to a higher degree. Its easy to see why ignoring injuries are foolhardy.

Chronz
01-04-2014, 03:15 PM

It really is that simple, the downgrade defensively and in ball movement is not worth it. Blake plays a position of greater importance, that isn't likely to get moved for the older player on his final year, not when the difference in impact is so minuscule.

LOOTERX9
01-04-2014, 03:25 PM
Well melo is getting older now and he has his team 10 games under 500 in pathetic east. He doing knicks no good so let him go win 54 games with cp3 and clips. Id rather rebuild with blake and young talent like hardaway jr. Thats more enjoyable to watch than melo scoring his 25 while knicks lose every night

NYJ - NYY
01-04-2014, 03:31 PM
Well melo is getting older now and he has his team 10 games under 500 in pathetic east. He doing knicks no good so let him go win 54 games with cp3 and clips. Id rather rebuild with blake and young talent like hardaway jr. Thats more enjoyable to watch than melo scoring his 25 while knicks lose every night

I wanna say the team is a whole 10 games under... A team game?

JeremiahWing
01-04-2014, 03:40 PM
Knicks would make out like bandits if this goes through. I'm not crazy about Blake's overall game, but he will attract free agents. Melo isn't taking us to the promise land. Last year was fun though. Still, time to move on.

Theyhateme459
01-04-2014, 03:52 PM
It's crazy how Journalist can write anything using unnamed "Sources". You can take any rumor, say you have an inside source, then just let the hits rack up from your article...

I really think these guys need to be stopped from writing articles based on these unnamed unreliable unverified sources.

AddiX
01-04-2014, 03:52 PM
Is this you being funny, or do you really just never watch the Clips? I don't think there's a more relaxed superstar in the NBA then a 1st half CP3. In 4th quarters he turns it on when need be, but the game comes very naturally to him and while he maintains his production for the most part, his patience + deflection borders on ridiculous for large chunks of most games.

No one in the NBA plays hard the first half, it's a stat boosting time at best.

barreleffact
01-04-2014, 04:03 PM
The biggest reason this is a dumb deal isn't the talent gap or the production. It's the fact that the Knicks have no leverage. The Clippers untradeables are Paul and Blake. Everyone else would be on the block to target Melo and Tyson. I doubt a deal would get done due to MONEY mainly. Again, The Knicks don't have much room to say no and a package focused around DJ, Dudley, reddick and idk picks would be fair compensation for an unwilling to extend Melo.

KnicksorBust
01-04-2014, 04:11 PM
I actually think that the Clippers would be a little better with Melo but I agree it's a bad deal for the Clippers. If LAC is even considering it then the Knicks should even offer to sweeten it imo by throwing in like a Hardaway Jr. to put it over the top. I'd love to rebuild in 2015 with a prime Blake Griffin and tons of cap space.

Clippersfan86
01-04-2014, 04:25 PM
It's sad how many posters in here spew severly outdated info, including respected posters. Only Tr, Chronz and Shep seem to know WTF they are talking about.

Bunch of delusional Knicks fans who don't understand trade value. Age, contract and upside favor Griffin significantly. Factor in that Blake is the same caliber player, unselfish, hard working and not a team cancer? Value wise Knicks win in a LANDSLIDE. So to suggest straight up is fair or the CLIPPERS throwing in assets is laughable.

Blake had one season as a rookie without CP3 and is labeled as a guy who could never carry a team anywhere in the future lmao? Like a few pointed out earlier... Blake can thrive next to almost anybody. Melo is a team cancer who can detonate locker rooms.

VendettaRed07
01-04-2014, 04:40 PM
Not happening. We are screwed and have no leverage. A bunch of picks is the absolute best we can hope for.

ByShine
01-04-2014, 04:48 PM
Cocaine is hell of a drug

naps
01-04-2014, 04:52 PM
Reading this thread will tell you exactly how stupid this deal is. Knicks fans think it's good for clippers vs the rest think common sense. Actually it's hilarious reading some Knicks posters here.

Stunner
01-04-2014, 04:57 PM
Trade Melo and Shump for Blake , Dudley and Hollins . Then swing JJ for Taj Gibson

CP3
Crawford
Melo
Gibson
Jordan

FOXHOUND
01-04-2014, 05:18 PM
A lot of people have been raving about a hot streak Blake is on, but how come no one pays attention to what Melo has done lately?

Last 14 games Melo is averaging 26.2 PPG, 7.5 REB, 3.2 AST, 0.8 STL, 0.9 BLK, 1.7 TO and is shooting .482/.500/.900 from the field on 19.3 FGA, 4.0 3PTA and 6.2 FTA playing with garbage. Is it because we have become so accustomed to Melo having streaks like this every year? Can you imagine how much better this streak would be if he was playing with Chris Paul instead of Beno Udrih?

This notion that Melo doesn't move the ball is also absurd. He can easily be in a full flowing offense it's just that the Knicks are horrible and he's relied on doing so much from the block nearly every possession. A simple glance at NBA.com's Player Tracking Stats shows,

Carmelo Anthony - 69.5 touches per game, 53.1 half court touches per game. 41.8 passes per game

Player B - 65.3 touches per game, 53.1 half court touches per game. 38.3 passes per game

Player B is none other than Kevin Durant. James Harden passes 41.9 times per game and is also top 5 in possessions where he ISO's. Yet those two are looked as completely unselfish players and Melo is a black hole ball hog. Just poorly misguided views based on bias, marketability and how well a player helps your fantasy basketball team.

Melo is shooting 47.2% on catch and shoot shots at 4.9 FGA per game, with a eFG% of 58.8%. Amongst players taking at least 4.5 catch and shoot FGA per game his FG% ranks 8th in the NBA and his eFG% ranks 15th. Again, this is with garbage and the worst PG play in the NBA. With a player like Chris Paul Melo would be unstoppable as he wouldn't have to rely so heavily on creating something out of nothing vs heavy defensive coverage.

For the Clippers they would get a dominant post player, something that would truly balance out their offense. You think Blake is a good post player, he's got nothing on Melo. Last year the Knicks went on a 14-1 run with a lineup of mainly Felton-Prigioni-Shumpert-Melo-Martin with the only bench player contributing being JR Smith. That kind of insane dominance is what separates a player like Melo from a young guy like Blake who still has ways to go, it's just everyone likes to forget Melo's successes.

As for how it would further help the Clippers title hopes beyond having a better player? Melo has owned Kevin Durant, to the point that Durant said a few years ago that no one guards him better than Melo. Melo and Durant have faced off 12 times in their career, with Melo winning 11 of those 12 games. Melo has averaged 30 PPG on a .504/.400/.848 shooting line vs Durant with 6.9 REB, 3.5 AST, 1.5 STL, 0.8 BLK and 2.5 TO. Durant has averaged 26 PPG on a .422/.383/.891 shooting line with 6.5 REB, 3.3 AST, 1.3 STL, 1.3 BLK and 2.8 TO.

If you think it's an age thing, like Melo picked on a younger Durant and it hasn't fully balanced out yet, then no. Durant hasn't shot 45% in a game vs Melo since 2009. In fact all of the games Durant has shot good vs Melo came when he was younger, 2009 and earlier. Last year when they faced off Durant went 7-17 with 3 REBs for 27 points while Melo dropped 36 and 12 on 15-29 in an upset win for the Knicks during that 14-1 stretch. In this game Westbrook torched the Knicks crappy PGs to the tune 37 points, 8 assists and 11 rebounds on 15-27 but still not enough. The only time Kevin Durant beat Carmelo Anthony in a game was way back in 2008.

So no, I don't think Carmelo Anthony would hurt the Clippers lol, a ridiculous thought.

mbsalame123
01-04-2014, 05:29 PM
Here is what the perfect trade in my opinion would look like on the trade machine:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pv9cy6x

The knicks have been trying to get rid of shumpert for a while now so getting rid of him in this trade would work.

What do you think?

Clippersfan86
01-04-2014, 06:09 PM
A lot of people have been raving about a hot streak Blake is on, but how come no one pays attention to what Melo has done lately?

Last 14 games Melo is averaging 26.2 PPG, 7.5 REB, 3.2 AST, 0.8 STL, 0.9 BLK, 1.7 TO and is shooting .482/.500/.900 from the field on 19.3 FGA, 4.0 3PTA and 6.2 FTA playing with garbage. Is it because we have become so accustomed to Melo having streaks like this every year? Can you imagine how much better this streak would be if he was playing with Chris Paul instead of Beno Udrih?

This notion that Melo doesn't move the ball is also absurd. He can easily be in a full flowing offense it's just that the Knicks are horrible and he's relied on doing so much from the block nearly every possession. A simple glance at NBA.com's Player Tracking Stats shows,

Carmelo Anthony - 69.5 touches per game, 53.1 half court touches per game. 41.8 passes per game

Player B - 65.3 touches per game, 53.1 half court touches per game. 38.3 passes per game

Player B is none other than Kevin Durant. James Harden passes 41.9 times per game and is also top 5 in possessions where he ISO's. Yet those two are looked as completely unselfish players and Melo is a black hole ball hog. Just poorly misguided views based on bias, marketability and how well a player helps your fantasy basketball team.

Melo is shooting 47.2% on catch and shoot shots at 4.9 FGA per game, with a eFG% of 58.8%. Amongst players taking at least 4.5 catch and shoot FGA per game his FG% ranks 8th in the NBA and his eFG% ranks 15th. Again, this is with garbage and the worst PG play in the NBA. With a player like Chris Paul Melo would be unstoppable as he wouldn't have to rely so heavily on creating something out of nothing vs heavy defensive coverage.

For the Clippers they would get a dominant post player, something that would truly balance out their offense. You think Blake is a good post player, he's got nothing on Melo. Last year the Knicks went on a 14-1 run with a lineup of mainly Felton-Prigioni-Shumpert-Melo-Martin with the only bench player contributing being JR Smith. That kind of insane dominance is what separates a player like Melo from a young guy like Blake who still has ways to go, it's just everyone likes to forget Melo's successes.

As for how it would further help the Clippers title hopes beyond having a better player? Melo has owned Kevin Durant, to the point that Durant said a few years ago that no one guards him better than Melo. Melo and Durant have faced off 12 times in their career, with Melo winning 11 of those 12 games. Melo has averaged 30 PPG on a .504/.400/.848 shooting line vs Durant with 6.9 REB, 3.5 AST, 1.5 STL, 0.8 BLK and 2.5 TO. Durant has averaged 26 PPG on a .422/.383/.891 shooting line with 6.5 REB, 3.3 AST, 1.3 STL, 1.3 BLK and 2.8 TO.

If you think it's an age thing, like Melo picked on a younger Durant and it hasn't fully balanced out yet, then no. Durant hasn't shot 45% in a game vs Melo since 2009. In fact all of the games Durant has shot good vs Melo came when he was younger, 2009 and earlier. Last year when they faced off Durant went 7-17 with 3 REBs for 27 points while Melo dropped 36 and 12 on 15-29 in an upset win for the Knicks during that 14-1 stretch. In this game Westbrook torched the Knicks crappy PGs to the tune 37 points, 8 assists and 11 rebounds on 15-27 but still not enough. The only time Kevin Durant beat Carmelo Anthony in a game was way back in 2008.

So no, I don't think Carmelo Anthony would hurt the Clippers lol, a ridiculous thought.

HAHAHA joke right? Name one thing Melo is better at right now. Is 26 ppg on 5 more shots and inferior efficiency better than 22 ppg? So Blake is the more valuable scorer, rebounder, defender and passer this year. Nevermind he's a great teammate and has massive upside. Griffin>Melo now and going forward

playD
01-04-2014, 09:18 PM
please take melo!!!!

playD
01-04-2014, 09:19 PM
and you can have JR too!!!!!

KnicksorBust
01-04-2014, 09:30 PM

HAHAHA joke right? Name one thing Melo is better at right now. Is 26 ppg on 5 more shots and inferior efficiency better than 22 ppg? So Blake is the more valuable scorer, rebounder, defender and passer this year. Nevermind he's a great teammate and has massive upside. Griffin>Melo now and going forward

One thing? That is easy. 3pt shooting

kobe4thewinbang
01-04-2014, 09:48 PM
I don't see why the Clippers even do this. Melo can just sign with them, can't he? Leave NY high and dry? Or does he not want to do that and get NY something back in return? Would suck for Griffin, though, mostly because the Knicks are a mess.

sep11ie
01-04-2014, 10:46 PM
Melo has become so hated on that I now consider him underrated

sep11ie
01-04-2014, 10:50 PM
I don't see why the Clippers even do this. Melo can just sign with them, can't he? Leave NY high and dry? Or does he not want to do that and get NY something back in return? Would suck for Griffin, though, mostly because the Knicks are a mess.

I think it's that pesky salary cap thingy.

kobe4thewinbang
01-05-2014, 12:47 AM
I think it's that pesky salary cap thingy.Oh, does LA not have enough free cap to sign him in the off-season? Otherwise, how would the cap matter?

TrueFan420
01-05-2014, 01:35 AM
Oh, does LA not have enough free cap to sign him in the off-season? Otherwise, how would the cap matter?

No they dont

FOXHOUND
01-05-2014, 01:54 AM

Oh, I don't know... everything that isn't dunking and rebounding.