PDA

View Full Version : Steph Curry

curtcocaine
01-03-2014, 08:53 PM
With chris paul being the number 1 point gaurd in the leauge hands down is Steph number two?

ThaDubs
01-03-2014, 08:55 PM
Yes

Hawkeye15
01-03-2014, 09:03 PM
with Westbrook/Rose being hurt now? Prolly. I still like Parker as well, but Curry might be better.

Guppyfighter
01-03-2014, 09:04 PM
Curry has been more efficient than Parker in more minutes and is putting up better raw numbers. Curry's been better than Parker this year, no question.

Both were equal in production last year.

WES KOAST
01-03-2014, 09:06 PM
I think if curry is consistently healthy and plays at a top level, he might be the best pg (or very close to it).

Supreme LA
01-03-2014, 09:14 PM
CP3 is the best prototypical point guard, however he lacks size and his style of play often leaves him team to only rely on him to make plays and I think that has hurt him a lot in the postseason.

If I had my choice as to who I would take 1st at PG, I would most definitely take Steph Curry. I mean the guy can get so hot that he requires 3 men to guard him?? That's insane. He is so dangerous on any space of the court that he can command 3 defenders to step out to the perimeter, which opens up so much for his teammates.

I'm taking Steph at #1

Hawkeye15
01-03-2014, 09:22 PM
Curry has been more efficient than Parker in more minutes and is putting up better raw numbers. Curry's been better than Parker this year, no question.

Both were equal in production last year.

agreed, but in order to just pass a player that has been doing it since Curry was 16, he needs to keep it up. Which I am sure he will do.

Hawkeye15
01-03-2014, 09:22 PM
CP3 is the best prototypical point guard, however he lacks size and his style of play often leaves him team to only rely on him to make plays and I think that has hurt him a lot in the postseason.

If I had my choice as to who I would take 1st at PG, I would most definitely take Steph Curry. I mean the guy can get so hot that he requires 3 men to guard him?? That's insane. He is so dangerous on any space of the court that he can command 3 defenders to step out to the perimeter, which opens up so much for his teammates.

I'm taking Steph at #1

absolutely not. Not yet. Paul is the best PG since Magic.

UPRock
01-03-2014, 09:23 PM
Yes, no doubt about that, that kid is a KILLER.

SugeKnight
01-03-2014, 09:35 PM
What about 4th best in the NBA after Bron, KD, and CP3? I think so

thephoenixson28
01-03-2014, 09:53 PM
Just a thought. Suns could've had him if the Warriors didn't black ball us, by backing out of the trade.

lol, please
01-03-2014, 11:19 PM
Curry. :drool:

lol, please
01-03-2014, 11:19 PM
Just a thought. Suns could've had him if the Warriors didn't black ball us, by backing out of the trade.

:facepalm:

kjoke
01-04-2014, 12:26 AM
absolutely not. Not yet. Paul is the best PG since Magic.

I think I would rather have Kidd, maybe Payton as well

Bowman53
01-04-2014, 12:46 AM

black ball? lmao

tredigs
01-04-2014, 01:43 AM
There isn't 5 players better than Curry. Him and Love have me in limbo.

Hawkeye15
01-04-2014, 04:06 AM
I think I would rather have Kidd, maybe Payton as well

why?

Hawkeye15
01-04-2014, 04:06 AM
There isn't 5 players better than Curry. Him and Love have me in limbo.

this year?

Durant
LeBron
Paul
Love
Curry

my top 5

goldenstater
01-04-2014, 11:45 AM
why?

Paul is a better scorer but Stockton was a better PG.

goldenstater
01-04-2014, 11:50 AM
Ave 23 Pts 10 Asst and 5 Rpg Per. So far i think he is MVP of the league so far But im a Dubs fan so i might be biased. seems hard to beat though, D Rose mvp year was 25 8 & 4. if Curry were to keep up this pace i think he would be Mvp this year though.

BrandoCommando
01-04-2014, 11:58 AM
Definitely the second best point guard.

He'll probably be considered the best point guard by the end of the season though

BKLYNpigeon
01-04-2014, 01:21 PM
Curry is averaging, 23 points, 10 assists, and 5 rebounds a game!

I dont know whos the best PG in the game, but I guess it all depends on what kind of team you have and what type of PG you need.

thekmp211
01-04-2014, 01:24 PM
yes he is playing out of his mind this season. clear #2.

tredigs
01-04-2014, 01:40 PM
this year?

Durant
LeBron
Paul
Love
Curry

my top 5

Most of the year this is what I have too, with PG and Anthony Davis on their tails. Except Lebron as 1a over KD.

kjoke
01-04-2014, 03:43 PM
why?

They were better

Hawkeye15
01-04-2014, 03:44 PM
Most of the year this is what I have too, with PG and Anthony Davis on their tails. Except Lebron as 1a over KD.

I have made it a point to watch Davis more, and he is so raw offensively still. Potential wise, he has 1st team all NBA talent for sure, he just needs to work on his offense. Most of it right now comes on putbacks, alley-oops, lane drop offs, and free throws. Something like 78% of his baskets are assisted, and they are right at the rim. He isn't as developed as the guys you are putting him with.

Now imagine how good he is going to be when he does develop? Scary..

Hawkeye15
01-04-2014, 03:45 PM
They were better

Kidd and Payton were not better. Nowhere near as efficient. Kidd could pass on Paul's level, not score. Payton the other way around. Paul is a terrific defender.

Paul is better than both were.

kjoke
01-04-2014, 03:50 PM
Kidd and Payton were not better. Nowhere near as efficient. Kidd could pass on Paul's level, not score. Payton the other way around. Paul is a terrific defender.

Paul is better than both were.

Both were better defenders, and both have not completely faltered come playoff time. Paul has been a disappointment in around 2/3 of his playoff trips.

Stockton as well. Point being, Paul may be arguably one of the best since Magic, but I wouldn't go as far to say he's been better than Kidd, Payton, Nash, Stockton among others

xabial
01-04-2014, 03:59 PM
Steph Curry is my model. When I play I try to model my game after him.

blahblahyoutoo
01-04-2014, 04:24 PM
What about 4th best in the NBA after Bron, KD, and CP3? I think so

lol, I like curry (even though I'm not fond of his shot selection at times), but he's not 4th.
love, aldridge, harden, george are ahead of him.

Guppyfighter
01-04-2014, 04:48 PM
Both were better defenders, and both have not completely faltered come playoff time. Paul has been a disappointment in around 2/3 of his playoff trips.

Stockton as well. Point being, Paul may be arguably one of the best since Magic, but I wouldn't go as far to say he's been better than Kidd, Payton, Nash, Stockton among others

Are you joking? Chris Paul is ****ing awesome in the playoffs. This is definitely a case of not watching the game.

Supreme LA
01-04-2014, 04:54 PM
lol, I like curry (even though I'm not fond of his shot selection at times), but he's not 4th.

Wrong.

Supreme LA
01-04-2014, 04:55 PM
Are you joking? Chris Paul is ****ing awesome in the playoffs. This is definitely a case of not watching the game.

He's awesome, he just doesn't win.

naps
01-04-2014, 05:10 PM
Curry is ****ing awesome and is #2 at this point, definitely not better than CP3. CP3 is a god at point guard.

COOLbeans
01-04-2014, 05:23 PM
why?

Durability, leadership and each of their defenses and physical abilities outmatch Paul's. Kidd and Payton are better players.

COOLbeans
01-04-2014, 05:24 PM
Paul is a better scorer but Stockton was a better PG.

I take Magic, Stockton, Payton, Kidd and probably Cousy before Paul.

Hawkeye15
01-04-2014, 06:35 PM

Paul has been awesome in the playoffs. He is also much better offensive player than either Kidd or Payton. Much. Nash was just so awful defensively, its tough for me to put him ahead of Paul. Stockton's longevity and assist/steal numbers are great, but he isn't the overall player Paul is.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=stockjo01&y1=1998&p2=paytoga01&y2=2004&p3=kiddja01&y3=2009&p4=nashst01&y4=2010&p5=paulch01&y5=2014

I took off all other players last few years, because of decline. Stockton is the only one who has a case. Paul has the highest PER, WS/48, offensive rating, and is barely behind Stockton in assist rate and steal rate. 2nd best rebounder behind Kidd as well. Paul's playoff numbers mirror his regular season advantages over these 4 as well. Unfortunately, he doesn't have Kemp, or Malone, or Stoudemire in those first 7 years.

Hawkeye15
01-04-2014, 06:37 PM
Durability, leadership and each of their defenses and physical abilities outmatch Paul's. Kidd and Payton are better players.

Kidd was a liability on offense come playoff time, and Payton was nowhere near the offensive threat Paul is. Neither are as good.

I will say, if Paul had been drafted somewhere that gave him actual help in his early years, he would be looked at completely different. He gets criticized for having lousy teammates, and even the last 2 years, his team went into the playoffs hurt. Unfortunate.

kjoke
01-04-2014, 09:23 PM
Paul has been awesome in the playoffs. He is also much better offensive player than either Kidd or Payton. Much. Nash was just so awful defensively, its tough for me to put him ahead of Paul. Stockton's longevity and assist/steal numbers are great, but he isn't the overall player Paul is.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=stockjo01&y1=1998&p2=paytoga01&y2=2004&p3=kiddja01&y3=2009&p4=nashst01&y4=2010&p5=paulch01&y5=2014

I took off all other players last few years, because of decline. Stockton is the only one who has a case. Paul has the highest PER, WS/48, offensive rating, and is barely behind Stockton in assist rate and steal rate. 2nd best rebounder behind Kidd as well. Paul's playoff numbers mirror his regular season advantages over these 4 as well. Unfortunately, he doesn't have Kemp, or Malone, or Stoudemire in those first 7 years.

Last year Clippers losing in (I think it was) 5 then the playoffs before that he individually under performed, followed by his second playoff appearance, where it was severely overshadowed by his first playoff appearance . It's a team game, but it's not as if Paul has really brought an elevated game come playoff time.

Paul also has a higher PER, better assist and steal rates, better average win share and better DWS then Magic as well; why don't you make the case that Paul>Magic then.

Take everything with a grain of salt, Paul really hasn't proven himself the same way Nash, Stockton, Payton, Kidd have. Placing him above these players is a little too premature.

Meaze_Gibson
01-04-2014, 09:53 PM
Last year Clippers losing in (I think it was) 5 then the playoffs before that he individually under performed, followed by his second playoff appearance, where it was severely overshadowed by his first playoff appearance . It's a team game, but it's not as if Paul has really brought an elevated game come playoff time.

Paul also has a higher PER, better assist and steal rates, better average win share and better DWS then Magic as well; why don't you make the case that Paul>Magic then.

Take everything with a grain of salt, Paul really hasn't proven himself the same way Nash, Stockton, Payton, Kidd have. Placing him above these players is a little too premature.
All of this. Payton was going against elite teams and guards and performing while paul is barely outplaying Conley. Paul still has to be more consistent in the playoffs to me as well

Chrisclover
01-04-2014, 09:57 PM
He is fantastic but is he No.2 ?thats hard to justify .
first off, he is phenomenal. his 3 pt shooting is just insane, which will draw more people to guard him and therefore give his teammates more space. Also, his assist total has improved and he is more healthy than last season.
But the team record does not back him up , his team is losing !can not even make the playoffs if tomorrow was the beginning of 1st round. I know this has a lot to do with the injuries at the beginning of the season .But as the leader of the Warriors, he should undertake the responsibility although we are talking about the individual performance. If he was better, he would help his team out of this mired situation. Just take AI as an example, his team back in 2000 was worse than the current Warriors yet they made their way to the Finalls. Plain and simple, because he was the Answer,a savior.
You look at other players, Parker for instance. His regular season stats are not that dreamy but the Spurs is a perennial winner. And during playoffs he could switch himself into the scoring mode, which was a nightmare for the Heat.
To sum up, Curry is phenomenal but too bad his team is suffering.

Meaze_Gibson
01-04-2014, 09:59 PM
But back to thread..he is 1b this year as far as point guards. I think he is closer to paul than durant is to Bron if that makes sense

ThaDubs
01-04-2014, 10:07 PM

Please tell me what Harden or George do better than him that makes them better all around players than him.

Hawkeye15
01-04-2014, 11:02 PM

the numbers all point to Paul over any of them. So, its a matter of opinion at this point, and as I stated, Paul's lack of roster support compared to the rest of them (outside Kidd, whose best days came in the leastern conference), and that is all you can point to at this point.

goldenstater
01-05-2014, 12:05 AM

overall you just named Stockton being better in three of the most important categories? how many categories constitutes overall? so Paul being a better scorer makes him better "overall". Stockton was probably the 3rd best floor general of all-time at the PG level behind Magic and Isiah Thomas. Paul also has had plenty of good players around him in his career. Peja , David west, Chandler, Ariza, Griffin, Jordan, and COUNTLESS sharpshooters aren't those guys you mentioned but they aren't exactly chopped liver either. also why are people not bringing up Isaiah Thomas in this conversation?

Hawkeye15
01-05-2014, 12:10 AM
overall you just named Stockton being better in three of the most important categories? how many categories constitutes overall? so Paul being a better scorer makes him better "overall". Stockton was probably the 3rd best floor general of all-time at the PG level behind Magic and Isiah Thomas. Paul also has had plenty of good players around him in his career. Peja , David west, Chandler, Ariza, Griffin, Jordan, and COUNTLESS sharpshooters aren't those guys you mentioned but they aren't exactly chopped liver either.

no, I listed steal and assist rates....

Paul dominates all of them in PER, better in offensive rating, WS/48, and easily in the playoffs.

The difference? Shawn Kemp, Detlef Schrempf, Karl Malone, Jeff Hornacek, Kidd playing in the **** conference, Amare Stoudemire, etc.....

Paul's capable teams entered the last 2 postseasons hurt. Btw, how were West and Chandler rated before Paul showed up.........

Supreme LA
01-05-2014, 12:23 AM
Please tell me what Harden or George do better than him that makes them better all around players than him.

I can see an argument being made for Love & George but the other two I'm not so sure about. James Harden definitely doesn't belong in any conversation regarding the best players in the league.

He just a hater man. Steph Curry is a much much better player than Harden.

kjoke
01-05-2014, 01:44 AM
no, I listed steal and assist rates....

Paul dominates all of them in PER, better in offensive rating, WS/48, and easily in the playoffs.

The difference? Shawn Kemp, Detlef Schrempf, Karl Malone, Jeff Hornacek, Kidd playing in the **** conference, Amare Stoudemire, etc.....

Paul's capable teams entered the last 2 postseasons hurt. Btw, how were West and Chandler rated before Paul showed up.........

Chandler and West are roughly the same players now that they were with Paul. Of course age has slowed them down a bit, but West's season last year was he same as when he was in NO.

Peja, West, Chandler along with Paul is an excellent foundation......

Back on topic, Curry needs to lower his TO and he slides above Paul for me

kjoke
01-05-2014, 01:47 AM
overall you just named Stockton being better in three of the most important categories? how many categories constitutes overall? so Paul being a better scorer makes him better "overall". Stockton was probably the 3rd best floor general of all-time at the PG level behind Magic and Isiah Thomas. Paul also has had plenty of good players around him in his career. Peja , David west, Chandler, Ariza, Griffin, Jordan, and COUNTLESS sharpshooters aren't those guys you mentioned but they aren't exactly chopped liver either. also why are people not bringing up Isaiah Thomas in this conversation?

The topic was best PG since Magic, gotta say that Isaiah played alongside magic, nit really after him

TrueFan420
01-05-2014, 03:10 AM
He is fantastic but is he No.2 ?thats hard to justify .
first off, he is phenomenal. his 3 pt shooting is just insane, which will draw more people to guard him and therefore give his teammates more space. Also, his assist total has improved and he is more healthy than last season.
But the team record does not back him up , his team is losing !can not even make the playoffs if tomorrow was the beginning of 1st round. I know this has a lot to do with the injuries at the beginning of the season .But as the leader of the Warriors, he should undertake the responsibility although we are talking about the individual performance. If he was better, he would help his team out of this mired situation. Just take AI as an example, his team back in 2000 was worse than the current Warriors yet they made their way to the Finalls. Plain and simple, because he was the Answer,a savior.
You look at other players, Parker for instance. His regular season stats are not that dreamy but the Spurs is a perennial winner. And during playoffs he could switch himself into the scoring mode, which was a nightmare for the Heat.
To sum up, Curry is phenomenal but too bad his team is suffering.

Um what were at 6 in the standings tied with Houston and one game behind the clippers.

ThaDubs
01-05-2014, 03:30 AM
I can see an argument being made for Love & George but the other two I'm not so sure about. James Harden definitely doesn't belong in any conversation regarding the best players in the league.

He just a hater man. Steph Curry is a much much better player than Harden.

People overrate George. His defense is 1st team d worthy, but Steph has an equal ortg, better PER, rebounds super well for for his position, and is a WAAAY superior passer. And Steph's defense has been anything but slacking this season.

Supreme LA
01-05-2014, 03:52 AM
People overrate George. His defense is 1st team d worthy, but Steph has an equal ortg, better PER, rebounds super well for for his position, and is a WAAAY superior passer. And Steph's defense has been anything but slacking this season.

I understand that, however, I have a lot of respect for George's game. It's also hard to compare players who play different positions.

Either way, my point was that Steph is without a doubt better than Aldridge & Harden.

Sus
01-05-2014, 03:54 AM
Steph Currrryyyyyy thats what i say when he makes 20 million straight threes and then proceed to **** all ove rthe opposing team and laugh because hes so good

ThaDubs
01-05-2014, 04:03 AM
I understand that, however, I have a lot of respect for George's game. It's also hard to compare players who play different positions.

Either way, my point was that Steph is without a doubt better than Aldridge & Harden.

Yeah, I was just saying in general George has been getting massively overrated. Some are saying he's in the same tiers as the LeBron's and KD's.

Eagle Dollarz
01-05-2014, 04:09 AM
Curry is the best guard

Chrisclover
01-05-2014, 04:45 AM
sorry ,i did not check the latest record back then .But i remember clearly a few days ago the Warriors ranked like 10th in the west and the other day ,there was a thread here discussing why nobody blamed them .They were the team which withstood the Spurs ,which steamrolled other teams effortlessly like sweeping the fallen leaves , in the last playoff .Since then people had high expectation for them ,but they sucked due to a couple of reasons.
If the Warriors ranked like 3rd, I would consider Curry the 2nd PG

Um what were at 6 in the standings tied with Houston and one game behind the clippers.

ThaDubs
01-05-2014, 05:09 AM
sorry ,i did not check the latest record back then .But i remember clearly a few days ago the Warriors ranked like 10th in the west and the other day ,there was a thread here discussing why nobody blamed them .They were the team which withstood the Spurs ,which steamrolled other teams effortlessly like sweeping the fallen leaves , in the last playoff .Since then people had high expectation for them ,but they sucked due to a couple of reasons.
If the Warriors ranked like 3rd, I would consider Curry the 2nd PG

So a team's rank now determines the skill level of one of their players. Now I know for sure I'm on PSD. Well here's a stat: The Warriors, with their starting lineup healthy, have the best record in the entire NBA in terms of win %. And we've won 9 of our last 10, and 8 in a row.

Eagle Dollarz
01-05-2014, 05:10 AM
The Warriors have the best record when healthy vs other teams when healthy. 17-3 when Egodolla and their starters all play together.

ThaDubs
01-05-2014, 05:10 AM
I just read the post where you said Steph's team has been struggling. Apparently you live under a rock.

ThaDubs
01-05-2014, 05:12 AM
The Warriors have the best record when healthy vs other teams when healthy. 17-3 when Egodolla and their starters all play together.

Egodolla... that's one way to spell it.

Eagle Dollarz
01-05-2014, 06:16 AM
Not only is Curry better than CP3, but Lee is better than Griffin. Plus, every other player on the Warriors is practically more talented than LAC for each position. That's the harsh truth, I got the balls to say it. They don't have no Eagle dollar. Warriors beat the Clippers and will on the 30th, I will laugh when it happens too.

ThaDubs
01-05-2014, 06:23 AM
Not only is Curry better than CP3, but Lee is better than Griffin. Plus, every other player on the Warriors is practically more talented than LAC for each position. That's the harsh truth, I got the balls to say it. They don't have no Eagle dollar. Warriors beat the Clippers and will on the 30th, I will laugh when it happens too.

No. CP3 is the point god. Steph is #2 but no way is he better than Chris.

Eagle Dollarz
01-05-2014, 06:25 AM
no. Cp3 is the point god. Steph is #2 but no way is he better than chris.

wake up

PraiseJesus
01-05-2014, 06:59 AM
Its amazing how far u all have come.

All the Curry haters from 2 years ago need to eat some crow

Eagle Dollarz
01-05-2014, 09:23 AM
Yes that's very true. So true in fact I'll venture to say this. Before, people could not wrap their heads around Curry being better than Westbrook, Parker, or Rose. Now, people are accepting it for the most part. But they just can't accept that Paul isn't discernibly the best point guard anymore. No way no how, he's Chris Paul. But the thing is Curry is almost where Paul is in passing, and Paul will never be the shooter or scorer that Curry is. I mean Curry is not even a true point guard, yet he still is on Paul's level, yet scores on another level. So when you think about it, he really is better than Paul overall. Put Curry with Lebron and that would be far more dangerous than Paul and Lebron. All I'm saying is that Paul ain't turning an okay team into a championship team, and he wouldn't make stars that could create their own shots much better. Curry on the other hand is more likely to win an NBA Championship for that reason. Paul is better at carrying a medium team like the Clippers and sharing the ball, but he's not gonna make a team already good that much better. Curry will though, he's built for strong teams. Curry can shoot and distribute on an elite level, where as Paul can distribute but is not an elite shooter or threat.

Warriors will beat the Clippers next game just like last game. They are the better team and have the superior star. Ironic isn't it? Who would know one day Curry would be the best pg in the NBA, what a trip.

PraiseJesus
01-05-2014, 09:42 AM
Yes that's very true. So true in fact I'll venture to say this. Before, people could not wrap their heads around Curry being better than Westbrook, Parker, or Rose. Now, people are accepting it for the most part. But they just can't accept that Paul isn't discernibly the best point guard anymore. No way no how, he's Chris Paul. But the thing is Curry is almost where Paul is in passing, and Paul will never be the shooter or scorer that Curry is. I mean Curry is not even a true point guard, yet he still is on Paul's level, yet scores on another level. So when you think about it, he really is better than Paul overall. Put Curry with Lebron and that would be far more dangerous than Paul and Lebron. All I'm saying is that Paul ain't turning an okay team into a championship team, and he wouldn't make stars that could create their own shots much better. Curry on the other hand is more likely to win an NBA Championship for that reason. Paul is better at carrying a medium team like the Clippers and sharing the ball, but he's not gonna make a team already good that much better. Curry will though, he's built for strong teams. Curry can shoot and distribute on an elite level, where as Paul can distribute but is not an elite shooter or threat.

Warriors will beat the Clippers next game just like last game. They are the better team and have the superior star.

CP3 is better than Curry because of his defense and intangibles. The guy is so tough and the best leader in the league. CP3 could very well be one of the best PGs of all time.

In the golden era of PGs CP3 is the best, that says a lot.

But Curry isn't too far behind. His ball handling is a bit sketchy at times which is why Jarret Jack last year and Igoudala this year have to take the ball. That is probably the biggest difference between them.

And yes you are absolutely right - a pure shooter like Curry can fit into any system in the NBA

Steph is a hybrid of Nash and Reggie Miller

Eagle Dollarz
01-05-2014, 09:57 AM
CP3 is better than Curry because of his defense and intangibles. The guy is so tough and the best leader in the league. CP3 could very well be one of the best PGs of all time.

In the golden era of PGs CP3 is the best, that says a lot.

But Curry isn't too far behind. His ball handling is a bit sketchy at times which is why Jarret Jack last year and Igoudala this year have to take the ball. That is probably the biggest difference between them.

And yes you are absolutely right - a pure shooter like Curry can fit into any system in the NBA

Steph is a hybrid of Nash and Reggie Miller

Intangible = Illogical unless it's someone like a Reverend

If Curry only needs to work on ball handling he will and then we can all universally agree Paul has been passed.
Oh and Curry has improved his defense, he's elite in defense this year.

Paul may be a leader but what's Barkey always said? ''If you're leader is 5 foot 7, you're not winning the championship.'' So that's the problem with Paul. Curry is taller, therefore more potential.

MygirlhatesCod
01-05-2014, 10:56 AM
Curry and Paul are not separated by that big of a distance. If anything I would put curry ahead because of all the offensive flopping that Paul does. Cp is a great pg but it's hard to watch a player who acts for foul shots the majority of times that he drives.

thekmp211
01-05-2014, 11:23 AM
Intangible = Illogical unless it's someone like a Reverend

If Curry only needs to work on ball handling he will and then we can all universally agree Paul has been passed.
Oh and Curry has improved his defense, he's elite in defense this year.

Paul may be a leader but what's Barkey always said? ''If you're leader is 5 foot 7, you're not winning the championship.'' So that's the problem with Paul. Curry is taller, therefore more potential.

so you don't believe in intangibles? what exactly was the difference between jason kidd and steph marbury on the NJ nets? starbury put up huge numbers after all.

both guys are having outstanding statistical seasons. given the difference in roles/systems/coaches/teammates it's hard to argue against either i think. you give cp3 the nod based on his body of work, but if curry starts putting together several seasons in a row like this one (and stays healthy) and takes GSW into a couple deep playoff runs there's no doubt he's shown the potential to be #1. this holds true imo even when rose, rondo and westbrook come back until further notice.

Swashcuff
01-05-2014, 11:43 AM
Its amazing how far u all have come.

All the Curry haters from 2 years ago need to eat some crow

No one hated Curry we hated your dumb posts about Curry. You said stupid stuff like Curry was the greatest PG of all time and because he was so good in fantasy he was better than any other PG in the game. Curry always got love, you however didn't.

blahblahyoutoo
01-05-2014, 02:10 PM

for george, defense.
harden is not as good as a pure shooter as steph, but gets to the rim better.

bottom line, both can score as easily and in different ways other than chucking 3s.

moshy2
01-05-2014, 02:35 PM
It's hard to imagine, with the numbers he's putting up, that he's actually been struggling a little this year. He's missing a good amount of shots you would expect him to make, is having a tough time limiting his turnovers, and seems to me to be forcing it on occassions. What he's doing different this year is finding ways to impact the game when he isn't having a good shooting night

Guppyfighter
01-05-2014, 02:37 PM
for george, defense.

bottom line, both can score as easily and in different ways other than chucking 3s.

Chucking threes? Curry doesn't chuck and pray it goes in. It's drivel to try to call Curry a chucker from three.

ThaDubs
01-05-2014, 02:44 PM
for george, defense.

How does getting to the rim make James Harden a better player? Steph shoots a higher FG% than Harden does so if he shoots more 3's that's fine. He's not chucking them if he's shooting over 40% from behind the arc. You haven't forgot what happened in Miami a couple days a go already have you? Steph generates way more points than Harden does and Steph is also a far superior defender to Harden. If you really think Harden is better than Steph you are absolutely delusional.

As for George, George plays some of the best on-ball defense in the league, but Steph has not been slacking this year in any way shape or form. Steph's PER is better than both the guys you mentioned. During our run of winning 9 of our last 10, Steph is averaging 22, 6, 11 and 3 steals. Last 10 for PG? 22, 7, 4, and 2 steals. And James Harden? 24, 6, 4, and 1 steal. Steph's number are superior to both players. If you boil all those stats to a single number, Steph has been a 42, Harden, a 35, and George, a 35.

Please explain to me how Harden's ability to get to the rim makes him automatically a better player. Perhaps the NBA implemented a new rule that layups are worth 6 points? Idk.

PraiseJesus
01-05-2014, 04:55 PM
No one hated Curry we hated your dumb posts about Curry. You said stupid stuff like Curry was the greatest PG of all time and because he was so good in fantasy he was better than any other PG in the game. Curry always got love, you however didn't.

No

I said Curry has the potential to be the best PG of all time...

How is that so outlandish? I mentioned earlier that CP3 might be the best of all time and that Curry isnt far behind.

The truth is that my posts were in no way outlandish AT ALL. Look at where he is!! I was 100% correct.

What was outlandish was the hoards of psd users attacking me personally and my points saying that Curry was only a borderline top 10 PG and his ceiling was just that.

Maybe some of you should be more open minded to opinions? Especially ones from me

Because I am always right it appears

tredigs
01-05-2014, 04:55 PM
Per-36 Curry & Harden's scoring+efficiency and rebounding is about equal (which rebounding wise is ridiculous as Harden is a 6'6" wing with massive hops who doesn't close out on shooters. You'd think he'd pull in closer to 6 rpg). But Harden is nearly as turnover prone as Curry and has half his assists. Couple that with defense that ranges from apathetic to 3 toed sloth and Curry pretty easily takes a Cleveland Steamer on our lazy eyed bearded friend in Houston. WS/48 + Wins Produced aren't close, either. Curry is putting the debate between those two to bed in the early going.