PDA

View Full Version : Let the Turkoglu Bidding Begin!!!

Tony_Starks
01-03-2014, 05:33 PM
So the Magic are waiving Brother Hedo at 5:00 today and so far the Lakers, Hawks, and Wolves are supposedly interested. Any ideas where he might or should go?

I could be wrong but I think until he officially clears waivers the teams that are under the cap get first crack at him? Though most of them are tanking so I can't imagine what they would want with him....

Pacerlive
01-03-2014, 05:38 PM
He sucks so I can't imagine why a team tanking wouldn't want him.

RipCity32
01-03-2014, 05:41 PM
I'm sure Dumars will be all over that lol.

KnicksorBust
01-03-2014, 05:42 PM
You realize he's made almost $90 million in his career. Good for him. And I love the idea of a tanking team signing him to play him and lose more games. :laugh:

Tony_Starks
01-03-2014, 05:47 PM
You realize he's made almost $90 million in his career. Good for him. And I love the idea of a tanking team signing him to play him and lose more games. :laugh:

He you better not laugh if he clears Dolan might get him. Could you imagine him and Bargs playing together? It'd probably start a riot at the Garden!!

bleedprple&gold
01-03-2014, 05:48 PM
So the Magic are waiving Brother Hedo at 5:00 today and so far the Lakers, Hawks, and Wolves are supposedly interested. Any ideas where he might or should go?

I could be wrong but I think until he officially clears waivers the teams that are under the cap get first crack at him? Though most of them are tanking so I can't imagine what they would want with him....

Any team that claims him off of waivers has to pay his full salary so that ain't happening. It's only when players are amnestied that you can put in a bid for part of their salary.

As far who should get him, doesn't really matter because he is washed up and will not be a difference maker.

kingsdelez24
01-03-2014, 05:56 PM
I wouldn't say he's washed up yet. I'd judgevhis value to a team by his 2011 2012 stats

Last year he wasn't healthy even when he played

Jays Claw
01-03-2014, 06:06 PM
Turky sucks. The only thing going for him is that he's an expiring I believe.

kobe4thewinbang
01-03-2014, 06:07 PM
If the Lakers wanted him, why didn't they take him in the D12 trade? Wasn't Orlando supposed to buy him out during the summer? How has he been this year?

Tony_Starks
01-03-2014, 06:17 PM
If the Lakers wanted him, why didn't they take him in the D12 trade? Wasn't Orlando supposed to buy him out during the summer? How has he been this year?

Him and the team agreed he wouldn't play this season and they'd work something out.The tried to buy him out but ended up paying him $6milli now to go away because if they wait until next week he has another $6 milli gauranteed that kicks in.

Supposedly he's been working out on his own all season and is healthy.....allegedly

kobe4thewinbang
01-03-2014, 06:21 PM
Interesting. I traded for him on the video games once. He was best when Dwight was around.

PacersForLife
01-03-2014, 06:52 PM
First team that came to my mind was the Lakers for some reason. Haven't watched him play since his days with Dwight, but I've heard he sucks now.

5ass
01-03-2014, 06:54 PM
Him and the team agreed he wouldn't play this season and they'd work something out.The tried to buy him out but ended up paying him $6milli now to go away because if they wait until next week he has another $6 milli gauranteed that kicks in.

Supposedly he's been working out on his own all season and is healthy.....allegedly
Rob kept him to try to use his expiring as trade bait. Its not that they were negotiating a buyout

Tony_Starks
01-03-2014, 07:08 PM
First team that came to my mind was the Lakers for some reason. Haven't watched him play since his days with Dwight, but I've heard he sucks now.

If I'm Lakers a take a flyer on him. There's no risk and DAntoni loves stretch bigs anyway so what the hell...

beasted86
01-03-2014, 07:12 PM

That's the amnesty, not regular waived players.

KnicksorBust
01-03-2014, 07:13 PM
Despite the fact that he was injured last year and put up decent numbers 2 years ago... I still think he's going to be pretty useless when he comes back. 15 minutes off the bench with spurts where he looks good is basically the best case scenario.

SanPitte
01-03-2014, 07:41 PM
The Spurs should get him and play him 10-15 minutes a game

TrueFan420
01-03-2014, 08:45 PM
Could see him head to Houston to catch up with his boy Dwight cause Dwight made that dude hella money

WES KOAST
01-03-2014, 09:08 PM
He sucks so I can't imagine why a team tanking wouldn't want him.

whoever lands him will give themselves a better chance of tanking

WES KOAST
01-03-2014, 09:10 PM
The Spurs should get him and play him 10-15 minutes a game

where he would thrive bcuz of pops system and reenergize his career like diaw, sort of

SanPitte
01-03-2014, 10:59 PM
where he would thrive bcuz of pops system and reenergize his career like diaw, sort of

It's like you're reading my mind
plus, he knows the team

FriedTofuz
01-03-2014, 11:10 PM
I thought turkoglu had drug charges

kingsdelez24
01-04-2014, 12:54 AM
I thought turkoglu had drug charges

His cold medicine had a banned substance. He dun goof'd

theducksmuggler
01-04-2014, 01:25 AM
Spurs or Rockets is where i see him fitting in best but i dont see either of them dealing with the nonsense

JasonJohnHorn
01-04-2014, 01:41 AM
The guy doesn't suck. In the right system, he can contribute.

I'm not sure Houston has the right system for him, but Turk played well alongside Dwight before.

Also... the T-Wolves might work well for him too. He is long and spread the floor at the 3. With K-Love and K-Mart on the perimeter, they could really spread the floor.... it's just too bad they don't have a PG like Parker to drive to the hoop and kick it out.

I think the Wolves should look into landing Lowry first though.

KnicksorBust
01-04-2014, 08:05 PM
The guy doesn't suck. In the right system, he can contribute.

I'm not sure Houston has the right system for him, but Turk played well alongside Dwight before.

Also... the T-Wolves might work well for him too. He is long and spread the floor at the 3. With K-Love and K-Mart on the perimeter, they could really spread the floor.... it's just too bad they don't have a PG like Parker to drive to the hoop and kick it out.

I think the Wolves should look into landing Lowry first though.

Would you start him over Rubio?

mike_noodles
01-04-2014, 08:31 PM
Nobody should sign him. Dude sucks.

Sly Guy
01-04-2014, 08:36 PM
He you better not laugh if he clears Dolan might get him. Could you imagine him and Bargs playing together? It'd probably start a riot at the Garden!!

lol, they did. It was toronto. There was not enough 'boll' for both of them...

ref:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56GL0ayF9Fs

Sly Guy
01-04-2014, 08:40 PM
His cold medicine had a banned substance. He dun goof'd

that sig is so amazing.....I laugh every time I see it.

flea
01-04-2014, 08:42 PM

He was the 2nd best player on a Finals team. That's more than anyone on the Knicks can say, save for Chandler. He earned his scratch and was a fine player who aged pretty well.

KnicksorBust
01-04-2014, 08:43 PM

He was the 2nd best player on a Finals team. That's more than anyone on the Knicks can say, save for Chandler. He earned his scratch and was a fine player who aged pretty well.

Even in a Hedo Turkoglu thread I get baited. LOL.

kobe4thewinbang
01-04-2014, 09:39 PM
Spurs should sign him. They really lacked a shooter in the crucial games of the finals after Danny Green went cold.

GunFactor187
01-04-2014, 09:46 PM
Lol, I'm definitely calling him Brother Hedo now cuz of the OP.

Chrisclover
01-05-2014, 01:14 AM
Go back to Howard 's place, bro. To fulfill the unfinished championship dream together .

FriedTofuz
01-05-2014, 04:13 AM
turkey and bargs played together in toronto. it was a riot. hedo got booed because he ditched a game at half-time and went clubbing.

DitchDat
01-05-2014, 06:28 AM
IMO he lost his mojo with the whole Portland-Phoenix-Toronto ordeal. He hasn't been relevant since 2009 and I don't expect him to make a difference. If your team is ravaged by injuries, it could make sense, but I doubt anything spectacular will happen.