PDA

View Full Version : VC still has it??

ThuglifeJ
01-03-2014, 03:23 PM
Might not be thread worthy, but Vince can still pull off his dunks with ease. Looks like a pregame vs the Wizards the other night. Pretty impressive for his age.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFgecsy0OW8

Has there ever been another 37 year old able to pull off 360s and Windmills that gracefully?

BDawk4Prez
01-03-2014, 03:58 PM
Love me some VC.

BHF
01-03-2014, 04:01 PM
would be funny if he enters the dunk contest and wins

BDawk4Prez
01-03-2014, 04:02 PM

To be honest, he probably could. :shrug:

rapjuicer06
01-03-2014, 04:12 PM

No, it'd be awesome if he did

ThuglifeJ
01-03-2014, 04:15 PM
I was hoping a few years ago theyd throw in some vets, like Vince, to take on the new school, Griffin, Howard, etc. It would be something new to the contest, which has been a huge downfall since Vince's contest.

the 2000 one was probably the last time anyone ever 'cared' about it. Honestly a few years ago, when Vince was still a name, it would have been cool to see him, Kobe, Iggy, Lebron, Howard or something. Just so it'd be all big names and not..Derozan, Ross, Gerald Green, scrub 2, scrub 3

Mr_Jones
01-03-2014, 04:32 PM
The "All-Star Weekend" Dunk Contest has turned into an event that enables players not good enough for the actual all-star game some time to shine.

DreamShaker
01-03-2014, 04:33 PM
Would LOVE to see him in the dunk contest.

BRICKCITYPIMP12
01-03-2014, 05:33 PM
VINSANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
considering the dunk contest is a popularity contest now i def. can see vc winning that many more times if he was to be in it.

kobe4thewinbang
01-03-2014, 07:04 PM
LeBron vs Vince would be awesome.

yaswaggin
01-03-2014, 08:12 PM

lebron isnt even in vc's league in terms of dunking, maybe now that VC is 37, but i'd still put money on VC

ThuglifeJ
01-03-2014, 08:14 PM

Lebron vs Vince vs Iggy vs Griffin vs Rose vs Wiggins

That'd be the best contest since 2000 easy (that's sad to realize we haven't had a big time contest in 13 years..)

That lineup would be the best of every world. Lebron is lebron. Vince the legend. Iggy the current big time dunk contest dunker. Griffin the athletic bigman. Rose the short dunker. Wiggins the newcomer.

Why can't it happen? In the 90s they'd throw Jordan, Wilkins, for multiple years just for the fans it was fantastic.

Imagine If the 37 year old won it..

PurpleLynch
01-03-2014, 08:47 PM
VC is awesome. Hands down,best showtime dunker of all time imo.

IKnowHoops
01-03-2014, 08:51 PM
lebron isnt even in vc's league in terms of dunking, maybe now that VC is 37, but i'd still put money on VC

lolololoolololololol.......Nooooooooooooooo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z4H9UklTQM

Lebron would annihilate VC today. In VC prime, yeah probably VC but Lebron would have a good shot at winning prime for prime.

asandhu23
01-03-2014, 09:47 PM
lolololoolololololol.......Nooooooooooooooo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z4H9UklTQM

Lebron would annihilate VC today. In VC prime, yeah probably VC but Lebron would have a good shot at winning prime for prime.

Not probably. He would every single time. How quickly people forget... :pity:

IKnowHoops
01-03-2014, 10:19 PM

please, none is forgetting anything, but Lebron is the biggest freak of nature in the history os sports. He dunked from the free throw line in-game. NO doubt he could of taken off behind the free throw line two handed. Vince can't do that.

To beat Vince he would just have to take off from as far out as he could. Noone could match him when it comes to distance away from the hoop. Lebron would give Vince some serious comp.

ThaDubs
01-03-2014, 10:31 PM

We don't know what LeBron is capable of doing. For all you know he could break out a 360 between the legs for the first time in dunk contest history... if he's in it.

IKnowHoops
01-03-2014, 10:33 PM
Which is the better in-game dunk? http://epopic.com/visit/516

JordansBulls
01-03-2014, 10:54 PM
Bulls should have gotten this guy, would have put us over the top.

ghettosean
01-04-2014, 12:53 AM

please, none is forgetting anything, but Lebron is the biggest freak of nature in the history os sports. He dunked from the free throw line in-game. NO doubt he could of taken off behind the free throw line two handed. Vince can't do that.

To beat Vince he would just have to take off from as far out as he could. Noone could match him when it comes to distance away from the hoop. Lebron would give Vince some serious comp.

Lebron would have no chance at taking VC in a dunk contest prime vs prime... Lebron doesn't have the finesse VC had but when Lebron dunks over a 7ft human being or actually --> enters a dunk contest then lets talk about LBJ giving VC competition.

AnthonyTyrael2
01-04-2014, 01:12 AM
Which is the better in-game dunk? http://epopic.com/visit/516

Vince but uncontested dunks are somewhat lame to me.

Shareeb_omac2
01-04-2014, 01:23 AM
Lebron is terribly overrated in terms of "style" dunks. He throws down a bunch of nasty/strong 1 handers with his head at the rim but any dunk he tries to add flair to just doesn't even come close to "dunk contest worthy". If Lebron could do some amazing never before done dunk then there would be a youtube video of him doing it practice.

Shaq used to claim Vince Carter would do 720 dunks. It's just sad Vince played in an era before youtube/instagram.

ThuglifeJ
01-04-2014, 10:01 AM
Bulls should have gotten this guy, would have put us over the top.

I believe it was in the talks when Bulls went with Hamilton.

Sly Guy
01-04-2014, 10:22 AM

yeah, what this guy said. Vince wasn't just a power-dunker like lebron is. Vince wouldn't just come at you, he'd hunt you in games to embarrass you. I remember waiting for the games where he'd be up against a 'zo or a mutumbo, cuz you knew there'd be that one play they were just a little slow on their rotations, and BOOM! Poster.

And not only that, VC had the flair for the dramatic, he'd pull 360's in-game, windmills, reverse alley-oops. Lebron is a guy who elevates and throws down hard, Vince had the acrobatics and the power in such combination we haven't seen before or since.

I wouldn't even put LeBron at the same level of TMac, another guy who was in toronto at the same time as vince. TMac had some flair and a lot of power in his dunks, but never had the finness of vince.

And this is coming from a Toronto fan, who has a genetic predisposition to boo the mother****er.

cvburg
01-04-2014, 10:27 AM
Vc over fred wies at olympics still best dunk I've ever seen in game

IKnowHoops
01-04-2014, 02:55 PM
yeah, what this guy said. Vince wasn't just a power-dunker like lebron is. Vince wouldn't just come at you, he'd hunt you in games to embarrass you. I remember waiting for the games where he'd be up against a 'zo or a mutumbo, cuz you knew there'd be that one play they were just a little slow on their rotations, and BOOM! Poster.

And not only that, VC had the flair for the dramatic, he'd pull 360's in-game, windmills, reverse alley-oops. Lebron is a guy who elevates and throws down hard, Vince had the acrobatics and the power in such combination we haven't seen before or since.

I wouldn't even put LeBron at the same level of TMac, another guy who was in toronto at the same time as vince. TMac had some flair and a lot of power in his dunks, but never had the finness of vince.

And this is coming from a Toronto fan, who has a genetic predisposition to boo the mother****er.

SMH at everything here.

ThuglifeJ
01-04-2014, 03:40 PM

SMH at everything here.

Why?

You don't know hoops.

ThuglifeJ
01-06-2014, 11:02 PM
Sorry to bump, but looks like that guys footage made it to NBA TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrvurdsDS1E

they don't like the idea of VC back in the 2014 dunk contest. Which apparently has surfaced as a petition on the web.
Love the guys idea of bringing all past winners to play including Barry or MJ (positive MJ would reject tho)

A "Legends Dunk Contest'' would be so amazing, so new and so highly anticipated. They should do it..

ghettosean
01-06-2014, 11:51 PM
I hate VC with a passion but I'd love to see him do it one last time. I guarantee Ross would defend his crown against the player he honored.

It would be fun and make me want to watch the dunk contest instead of being dissapointed like every other year.

Sly Guy
01-07-2014, 01:12 AM
IKnowHoops's

SMH at everything here.

show me lebron's mixtape...This one doesn't even include his dunk contest, this is pure in-game footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHG1g8IFbQk

And for the record, I believe LeBron at his best had a higher vertical than VC at his best. But a vertical doesn't make a better dunker. VC had bad intentions anytime he was around the rim.

Chronz
01-07-2014, 01:55 AM
Sorry to bump, but looks like that guys footage made it to NBA TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrvurdsDS1E

they don't like the idea of VC back in the 2014 dunk contest. Which apparently has surfaced as a petition on the web.
Love the guys idea of bringing all past winners to play including Barry or MJ (positive MJ would reject tho)

A "Legends Dunk Contest'' would be so amazing, so new and so highly anticipated. They should do it..

I hate the idea that memories can be tainted or ruined, why would VC entering the dunk contest today ruin anything that happened over a decade ago? Arent we capable of separating the acts?

Chronz
01-07-2014, 01:55 AM
I hate VC with a passion but I'd love to see him do it one last time. I guarantee Ross would defend his crown against the player he honored.

It would be fun and make me want to watch the dunk contest instead of being dissapointed like every other year.

Why would you ever hate a player?

IKnowHoops
01-07-2014, 03:39 AM
Why?

You don't know hoops.

Your foolish.

How did Dwight Howard ever win a dunk contest?

Lebron could take off from farther out then anyone. He could do dunks nobody else could do. He wouldn't beat Vince in the finesse game but he would out wow vince from distance. Lebron could pull off a two handed win mill from behind the free throw line. Vince couldn't. Noone could. I know Vince is the best dunker ever, but Lebron is the best athlete ever and they both would be able to do things the other could not. Get off your knees.

ThuglifeJ
01-07-2014, 03:53 AM
Why?

You don't know hoops.

Your foolish.

How did Dwight Howard ever win a dunk contest?

Lebron could take off from farther out then anyone. He could do dunks nobody else could do. He wouldn't beat Vince in the finesse game but he would out wow vince from distance. Lebron could pull off a two handed win mill from behind the free throw line. Vince couldn't. Noone could. I know Vince is the best dunker ever, but Lebron is the best athlete ever and they both would be able to do things the other could not. Get off your knees.

You have to be trolling. Who gives a **** IF Lebron COULD dunk from further.. smh what is that about anyway? So what. You are literally digging way to hard if that's your argument. And FYI James White DID do a windmill from the free throw line. And? No one really cared after a week or two. Vince had an entire legacy since he was a high schooler of being this supernatural being with his freakish dunking ability. The aura around him in 2000 was crazy.. like ppl didn't understand what they'd witness some nights. Lebron is a freak athlete too, obviously. But that's different, lebron is like this monster athlete. Vince could float through the air and throw down artistic yet powerful stuff with a 7 ft+ wingspan. Can't explain the dude, but once he stuck his whole arm in the rim. Another time he leaped over a 7 footer. Windmills, 360s, posters. I mean his top 100 dunks (90-100) are better than almost any other players top 10.

Don't come in here with this 'lebron can do dunks no one has ever seen' garbage when that's literally what Vince accomplished.

I get you are young. You will learn in time when everyone rips your view apart.

Sly Guy
01-07-2014, 10:39 AM
You have to be trolling. Who gives a **** IF Lebron COULD dunk from further.. smh what is that about anyway? So what. You are literally digging way to hard if that's your argument. And FYI James White DID do a windmill from the free throw line. And? No one really cared after a week or two. Vince had an entire legacy since he was a high schooler of being this supernatural being with his freakish dunking ability. The aura around him in 2000 was crazy.. like ppl didn't understand what they'd witness some nights. Lebron is a freak athlete too, obviously. But that's different, lebron is like this monster athlete. Vince could float through the air and throw down artistic yet powerful stuff with a 7 ft+ wingspan. Can't explain the dude, but once he stuck his whole arm in the rim. Another time he leaped over a 7 footer. Windmills, 360s, posters. I mean his top 100 dunks (90-100) are better than almost any other players top 10.

Don't come in here with this 'lebron can do dunks no one has ever seen' garbage when that's literally what Vince accomplished.

I get you are young. You will learn in time when everyone rips your view apart.

the thing is, it isn't all about dunking by jumping high either. A lot of vince's greatest dunks are where he adjusts in mid air to evade a defender, or he gets to the rim as fast as possible to beat the help defender there and looks like he's still going up after he finishes the dunk. Or the times he seems to be up in the air to catch the ball, then decides how he's gonna finish with a half turn for a reverse or whatever [cuz it actually makes for the easier finish]. The methods in which vince dunks are so varied, so powerful, so flashy.

Again, I'm still waiting on IKnowHoops to present me with a mixtape more impressive than vince's.

ghettosean
01-07-2014, 03:46 PM
Why would you ever hate a player?

Below is a start as to why...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcTHP2K1ZWY

Funny enough this is only SOME of his antics during is period where is wanted to leave and after he left. He did more dude would shake his head at the fans if we cheered him during that time if he scored to help us win a game, pretend to do a dunk then do a lay up.

That's on top of going on national television and saying he never tried his hardest in Toronto, telling teams the play we are running during a game... etc.

I hold a long grudge but he's in the top 10 all time the biggest dip ***** in NBA history (if he isn't number 1).

He gets a the loudest boo's I can give when he comes to the ACC (the wounds haven't healed yet... LOL).

ThuglifeJ
01-14-2014, 04:07 AM
Yup, still got some in game too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96tWMnS7Uxw