PDA

View Full Version : Andre Miller Suspended For Conduct Detrimental To Team

sunsfan88
01-02-2014, 07:33 PM
The Denver Nuggets have suspended point guard Andre Miller for two games due to conduct detrimental to the team.

Miller will miss Denver’s home game against the Memphis Grizzlies on Friday and will not travel with the team for Sunday’s game against the Los Angeles Lakers at Staples Center.

Miller had an incident with Brian Shaw during Wednesday's game.

Isn't Miller seen as a "veteran leader"? Now Shaw has turned him into a bad attitude player?

Man, Nuggets were such a fun team under George Karl and one of the favorite teams to watch but they have just been a train wreck since firing Karl.

Both George Karl and Lionel Hollins are probably laughing their butt off watching Denver and Memphis this season.

sunsfan88
01-02-2014, 08:39 PM
adrian wojnarowski ‏@wojyahoonba 32s
miller cursed at denver coach brian shaw on the bench on wednesday night. He was kept away from the team today. -

ken berger ‏@kbergcbs 31s
andre miller, who confronted coach brian shaw over his benching, has been suspended two games, the nuggets announce.

wow.

shen
01-02-2014, 08:43 PM
Miller is loved more by the Nuggets players and trusted more by them then Shaw. He has lost the team and shown he was not ready to be a HC.

J4KOP99
01-02-2014, 08:52 PM
Idc what happens, when you're the "veteran leader" you must always respect the coach. Even if you don't agree with a certain decision.

Absolutely pathetic from miller.

Denver-boy
01-02-2014, 09:04 PM
what? I like shaw this Sunsfan be TROLLIN... Nobody laughin kid. Im happy under shaw.

as the only nugget fan here so far, :hope: I hope they trade Miller. he's overpaid for a 3rd PG on this team, he's being a baby, he wanted to be traded last season! trade him already nuggets!. ship him to the suns ;)

Denver-boy
01-02-2014, 09:13 PM
Isn't Miller seen as a "veteran leader"? Now Shaw has turned him into a bad attitude player?

Man, Nuggets were such a fun team under George Karl and one of the favorite teams to watch but they have just been a train wreck since firing Karl.

Both George Karl and Lionel Hollins are probably laughing their butt off watching Denver and Memphis this season.

Train wreck? You know miller demanded a trade last season under karl, he's had this bad attitude since he's been behind Ty Lawson.. So i think that alone destroys your insane theory of shaw breaking up the locker room. :facepalm:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/21669814/andre-miller-is-not-a-happy-camper-thinks-he-could-be-traded

^

RipCity32
01-02-2014, 09:19 PM
Probably banged Shaws wife or something.

Denver-boy
01-02-2014, 09:22 PM
Probably banged Shaws wife or something.

lol bynum is crazy

Tony_Starks
01-02-2014, 09:23 PM
Shaw is going to make a great coach eventually. Miller should know better, you never curse out a coach let alone in front of everybody....

Swashcuff
01-02-2014, 09:53 PM
The Nuggets are 11-5 when Andre plays 19+ mins , and 3-12 when playing less. I wonder if his conduct is a direct result with how he feels about his PT?

GiantsSwaGG
01-02-2014, 11:03 PM
Shaw is the problem not Miller

JasonJohnHorn
01-02-2014, 11:22 PM
Well... Denver had a rough start, and then they his a rough patch with this 8-game losing streak. They had a stretch where they were 13-5. A lot of those games were against bad teams.

Karl was is a good coach, but he wasn't taking them as deep as they needed to. The current situation isn't just about losing Karl, it's about losing Iggy as well.

Karl would have this team over .500 I believe, but it's not like they would be contending. Shaw needs a little time to get his handles on the team, but he isn't doing an awful job. I honestly expect Denver to be quite a bit worse.

kdspurman
01-03-2014, 12:03 AM
The Nuggets are 11-5 when Andre plays 19+ mins , and 3-12 when playing less. I wonder if his conduct is a direct result with how he feels about his PT?

Saw those #'s earlier too. Miller probably didn't handle that right, but he may have a legit beef. The guy never misses any games either

Shortys4711
01-03-2014, 12:30 AM
what? I like shaw this Sunsfan be TROLLIN... Nobody laughin kid. Im happy under shaw.

as the only nugget fan here so far, :hope: I hope they trade Miller. he's overpaid for a 3rd PG on this team, he's being a baby, he wanted to be traded last season! trade him already nuggets!. ship him to the suns ;)

No thanks, you can keep him lol. He’s been a good player over the years but to me he’s always seemed to have a bad attitude. Not surprised by this report at all really.

slashsnake
01-03-2014, 02:29 AM
Tough to see. I always liked Millers ugly old man game. One of the best post players with his back to the basket at the guard spot, and he can push the ball amazingly well for such a slow guy (nobody throws a better alley oop or 3/4 court outlet). Of course his jump shot is one of those where you just cringe when they leave him open from three.

If you call out the coach publicly, this is expected. You can't just say "oh he's a team leader" on it. He may have a beef. He's missed 6 games in his career and at least his most recent ones were for suspensions for hard fouls. I don't know if he's ever been a coaches decision DNP before.

PacersForLife
01-03-2014, 02:35 AM
All of the players seemed to love Shaw when he was here. Miller being the vet he is should know better either way.

Swashcuff
01-03-2014, 12:31 PM
Saw those #'s earlier too. Miller probably didn't handle that right, but he may have a legit beef. The guy never misses any games either

TBH I think Miller still believes that he can contribute more in this league but on a team like Denver he'll always find himself in a situation such as this. Guess he just gotta suck it up and wait for FA or ask for a trade. It's not the first time we've heard him being upset about his PT.

AddiX
01-03-2014, 02:08 PM
I called this mess happening to Denver as soon as they pet Karl go for shaw.

There system was perfect for there roster, shaW decided to change that, even when they were winning the system looked bAd.

This is he same situation as when porter took over the suns. Good coach who has high basketball iq, but in the end, the players never wanted a system change in the first place, and once the vets were against him, it was over.

waveycrockett
01-03-2014, 02:12 PM
I called this mess happening to Denver as soon as they pet Karl go for shaw.

There system was perfect for there roster, shaW decided to change that, even when they were winning the system looked bAd.

This is he same situation as when porter took over the suns. Good coach who has high basketball iq, but in the end, the players never wanted a system change in the first place, and once the vets were against him, it was over.
Agreed now everybody should realize what a horrible move firing the COY was. I can't believe there wasn't more outrage and how the hell did Karl not get a job asap. Lawson, Faried are like a fish out of water.

AddiX
01-03-2014, 02:20 PM
Agreed now everybody should realize what a horrible move firing the COY was. I can't believe there wasn't more outrage and how the hell did Karl not get a job asap. Lawson, Faried are like a fish out of water.

Yeah man, even worse, the players loved Karl. They played there heartd out for him.

They had a good thing going, there fans and ownership decided to blame Karl for not being better.

Even worse than letting Karl go for a system change/shaw, is the moves they made in the off season. I cant imagine what they were thinking with those additions, but I don't blame the guys on last years roster for giving up on this mess either.

waveycrockett
01-03-2014, 02:27 PM
Ridiculous how rookie Head Coaches like Shaw, Budenholzen and Kidd were put in charge of veteran teams with high expectations. Of course this would end in a disaster. If I'm rookie HC i want to be put in charge of a young team with zero expectations.