PDA

View Full Version : Can the Oklahoma City Thunder trade for Arron Afflalo?

mbsalame123
01-02-2014, 04:55 PM
The Thunder are exceeding expectations this year and looking really good without Russell Westbrook right now, with Ibaka playing amazing basketball, Reggie Jackson emerging as their sixth man off the bench and Lamb playing amazing and showing off his potential as well. But I still think the Thunder are one player away from actually becoming a legit threat and finally winning a title.

In comes Arron Afflalo who is having the best season in his career playing like an all star (will most likely make the all star team) and leading a magic team that isn't playing well at all.

I think the Thunder would be amazing if they were able to pull off a trade for Arron Afflalo.

A possible trade that can happen in my opinion is:

Kendrick Perkins, Jeremy Lamb and Perry Jones along with a draft pick or 2 (depending on if the thunder add perry jones to the trade) for Arron Afflalo and Glen Davis.

The Thunder would be giving the magic a bad contract back but taking back a bad contract of theirs as well in Davis as well as adding a young player in Lamb who would work well off the bench for the magic and allow Victor Oldadipo to become a full time starter, they would would also get draft picks in return as well.
That is not a high price for the thunder to pay in draft picks because they are in a win now mode so trading away draft picks and a young player for an already proven up and coming star would make the thunder legit.

Imagine a lineup of:

Steven Adams
Serge Ibaka
Kevin Durant
Thabo Sefalosha
Russell Westbrook
bench: Arron Afflalo, Reggie Jackson, Nick Collison, Glen Davis and Derek Fisher

In the playoffs they can go with a smaller lineup of:

Ibaka
Durant
Afflalo
Sefalosha
Westbrook

It would be interesting to see what they do with the center position because Steven Adams is an up and coming center who plays better then Perkins right now but he also is young and inefficient. Maybe the Magic decide to release Perkins and the thunder resign him... or maybe the thunder end up making room for Afflalo at the 2 by getting rid of Sefalosha and possibly putting him in a deal with Perry Jones for some big guy.

What do you think? If your the thunder, do you do the trade to get the third scorer they need, even if it means giving up draft picks, an underrated big that can be effective come playoff time against a dwight howard or tim duncan, and a young player?

Do the magic accept this trade or can they get a better deal like from the Toronto Raptors for Terrence Ross?

RipCity32
01-02-2014, 05:18 PM
I'm sure the Magic wouldn't do it without getting back Jackson. Plus Perk would have to be involved and that's probably going to put any deal to a hault.

TheNumber37
01-02-2014, 05:23 PM
At this point they will need Perkins.
ONLY because he will help defend against Howard and Duncan.

Tony_Starks
01-02-2014, 05:38 PM
They'd have to give up Lamb and I don't see why in the world they would do that. He could be their next James Harden off the bench.

slaker619
01-02-2014, 06:04 PM
I don't see it

EL_MACHETE
01-02-2014, 09:10 PM
At first I wanted Afflalo but the asking price is too high and we wouldn't want to mess up our chemistry..

I would love to package Sefo, Perkins, 1st rounder & a 2nd rounder for Afflalo but I doubt Orlando would do that.

EL_MACHETE
01-02-2014, 09:17 PM
The guys that I highly doubt Okc would trade away for is..

Durant
Westbrook
Ibaka
Jackson
Lamb
Jones
Adams
Roberson

Everyone else is on the market

WES KOAST
01-03-2014, 01:08 AM
no way i give up Jackson or lamb. young with way too much upside. however the thunder gonna have to make a move cuz even with rw, they're not gonna win the west. spurs, blazers, warriors gonna be rite up there

IndyRealist
01-03-2014, 11:42 AM
Lamb is younger, cheaper, and already there. Why would you ship him out, with a draft pick, for an older version of himself?

OKC
01-03-2014, 12:34 PM
yes we can.
no we wont.

LAKobeBryant
01-03-2014, 02:27 PM
you ain't getting out the west without a big front line against LAC, GSW, SAS,

EL_MACHETE
01-03-2014, 03:40 PM
The only guys I could see Okc trading are Perkins, Sefo, Collison, Gomes, Thabeet.. and I don't think that would be much to bring in a low post scorer

Maybe Perkins, Sefo, 1st rounder & a 2nd rounder for Gortat

But I highly doubt Washington would do that

5ass
01-03-2014, 03:52 PM
Afflalo is still underrated around here. 22 points and TS% of 60 while being forced into a primary scorer on a bad team. He's putting up allstar numbers making only 8 mill. The Magic will get a good return for him.

EL_MACHETE
01-03-2014, 03:54 PM
Afflalo is still underrated around here. 22 points and TS% of 60 while being forced into a primary scorer on a bad team. The Magic will get a good return for him.

That's why I highly doubt we'll trade for him. Orlando's asking price is too high for us

5ass
01-03-2014, 04:54 PM
That's why I highly doubt we'll trade for him. Orlando's asking price is too high for us

Well his value is high. Hennigan wants equal value or more. If I had to guess I'd say he's asking for Lamb and a 1st.

5ass
01-03-2014, 04:55 PM
or Afflalo+Big Baby for Lamb, Perkins and 2 1sts.

HYFR
01-03-2014, 05:35 PM
[QUOTE=5ass;27726190]or Afflalo+Big Baby for Lamb, Perkins and 2 1sts.[/QUOTE

I know afflalo is a having a great year but that still seems like to much for him, no?

EL_MACHETE
01-03-2014, 06:51 PM
Yea I honestly think Okc would only offer Lamb for Afflalo straight up or no deal..

I would Love if we traded Sefo, 1st rounder, 2nd rounder for Afflalo :)

thekmp211
01-05-2014, 12:16 PM
Well his value is high. Hennigan wants equal value or more. If I had to guess I'd say he's asking for Lamb and a 1st.

as long as okc can keep jackson, do it. this is a win-now team. i love my boy lamb from uconn but there is no guarantee by any means that he ever has the type of season afflalo is having. and afflalo is another plus defender.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
01-05-2014, 12:28 PM
I'd love to get Jackson ... but I'd settle for Lamb lol

SeoulBeatz
01-05-2014, 12:30 PM
or Afflalo+Big Baby for Lamb, Perkins and 2 1sts.

Waaaay to steep an asking price.

Afflalo is about as great of a role player as you can get. But he's no all-star, even though he's putting up numbers it's because he's on a bad team (like Evan Turner). On any other team, Afflalo is a starting role player.

Asking for a good young prospect in Lamb and 2 firsts is too much.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-05-2014, 02:23 PM
Jackson and a first probably. They want a PG to replace Jameer (Oladipo probably a 2).

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
01-05-2014, 05:17 PM
Jackson and a first probably. They want a PG to replace Jameer (Oladipo probably a 2).

Yes please

LJEATON26
01-05-2014, 09:50 PM
I wouldn't include lamb in a trade at all but I would do a multi team deal for him (afflalo) and a back up pg. While giving up Perkins, Jackson and sefolosha and one of our 1sts.

mbsalame123
01-05-2014, 10:09 PM
could this work for both sides?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lmvoxg2

P&GRealist
01-05-2014, 10:12 PM
Thunder need a legit big man to win the whole thing. Get rid of Perkins someway somehow.

LJEATON26
01-05-2014, 10:37 PM
As an okc fan I'm liking steven adams game a lot. Active on both ends of the floor and is coming along nicely this season.

LJEATON26
01-05-2014, 10:41 PM

Thunder wouldn't do that trade this season. They won't go over the luxury tax at all because of the repeater clause.

BKLYNpigeon
01-05-2014, 10:42 PM
Affallo is a younger version of Iggy. An all around player, not a superstar but a great player and team player

albertajaysfan
01-05-2014, 11:09 PM
Unless the Thunder are able to upgrade their post presence no point in making changes

5ass
01-05-2014, 11:10 PM
I wouldn't include lamb in a trade at all but I would do a multi team deal for him (afflalo) and a back up pg. While giving up Perkins, Jackson and sefolosha and one of our 1sts.

Ud really give up jackson instead of lamb with westy getting injured so much?

5ass
01-05-2014, 11:14 PM
Waaaay to steep an asking price.

Afflalo is about as great of a role player as you can get. But he's no all-star, even though he's putting up numbers it's because he's on a bad team (like Evan Turner). On any other team, Afflalo is a starting role player.

Asking for a good young prospect in Lamb and 2 firsts is too much.

Afflalo is much better than turner. He might be putting up numbers on a bad team, but he does so very efficiently. Its not like he's getting his numbers at the expense of his team. He also is much more well rounded. That all adds value.
Most importantly, and what you failed to mention is that perkins is a bad player with a horrible contract. Big baby is an upgrade for them with a better contract.
Im not saying its not a steep asking price, but waaay too steep is an exageration.

5ass
01-05-2014, 11:20 PM

No way. Sefalosha is no use for us. Jameer is an expiring (patrially guaranteed next season).
Why would we give up basically afflalo and oquinn for jackson and perkins when we could get atleast jackson for afflalo.

LJEATON26
01-06-2014, 12:47 AM
Ud really give up jackson instead of lamb with westy getting injured so much?

Right now lamb has the better cap friendly contract long term for the thunder and jackson becomes a free agent after next season and most likely be another harden situation. I love Jacksons game game but ifwe could trade for afflalo and a serviceable pg that can distribute the ball (maybe an andre miller, kirk hinrich) I think the thunder would be better off in this time without westbrook. Imagine miller/hinrich, afflalo, durant, Ibaka, steven adams as a starting line up until westbrook comes back. Imo they would mesh better since jackson doesn't distribute the ball at all. (Tonight he played 31 minutes and had 2 assists against boston)

poleandreel
01-06-2014, 01:01 AM
I'd rather role with Sef, Lamb, and Jackson. Our guard play is fine and we don't need anymore scoring.

Perkins is awful but did you see what he did to Howard when they played Houston this season? Shut him the **** down for like 4 points and a couple turnovers. We need him just for that.

5ass
01-06-2014, 01:03 AM
Right now lamb has the better cap friendly contract long term for the thunder and jackson becomes a free agent after next season and most likely be another harden situation. I love Jacksons game game but ifwe could trade for afflalo and a serviceable pg that can distribute the ball (maybe an andre miller, kirk hinrich) I think the thunder would be better off in this time without westbrook. Imagine miller/hinrich, afflalo, durant, Ibaka, steven adams as a starting line up until westbrook comes back. Imo they would mesh better since jackson doesn't distribute the ball at all. (Tonight he played 31 minutes and had 2 assists against boston)

Ok, i see. Agreed.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
01-06-2014, 01:14 AM
Afflalo Nelson Davis
For
Jackson lamb Perkins 1st round pick

:-) don't wake me let me enjoy it

rankin44
02-10-2014, 03:30 PM
I don't this this would be a wise trade for several reasons:

To ditch Perkins at this time is not practical. As good a prospect as Adams is, he's only 19 and not ready to man the low post exclusively. I think Perkins will be let go on schedule, next year at the end of his contract and the Thunder will address a second low post player in the upcoming draft.

I think Lamb and Perry Jones are both stars in the making, why trade them before they reach their peak?

Thunder management model is to build by virtue of wise draft choices and great player development, not by engaging in a bidding war.

The Thunder has most everything they need to win a WC in the near future, maybe this year if Westbrook returns to form.

Even if we got Afflalo, he is no guarantee that we win it all, it takes luck too.

Sam Presti is a genius at player evaluation as he's proven time and time again and our player development record is sensational, so why fix something that's working so well?

MiamiBoy77
02-10-2014, 03:50 PM
I don't this this would be a wise trade for several reasons:

To ditch Perkins at this time is not practical. As good a prospect as Adams is, he's only 19 and not ready to man the low post exclusively. I think Perkins will be let go on schedule, next year at the end of his contract and the Thunder will address a second low post player in the upcoming draft.

I think Lamb and Perry Jones are both stars in the making, why trade them before they reach their peak?

Thunder management model is to build by virtue of wise draft choices and great player development, not by engaging in a bidding war.

The Thunder has most everything they need to win a WC in the near future, maybe this year if Westbrook returns to form.

Even if we got Afflalo, he is no guarantee that we win it all, it takes luck too.

Sam Presti is a genius at player evaluation as he's proven time and time again and our player development record is sensational, so why fix something that's working so well?

first post and you bring back a thread from a month ago? wow, nice welcome to the forum.