PDA

View Full Version : NYK Firesale: What Trades would you suggest?

JasonJohnHorn
01-02-2014, 02:19 PM
I did a similar thread for the Nets, but the Knicks are in pretty bad shape this season. They simply will not be contending, and even if they turn it around they may not make the playoffs. Being a lottery team with no cap room doesn't bode well for re-signing Melo, so the Knicks may have to look into trading him or face what Cleveland face in 2010.

So, assuming they have a fire sale, this is what they have to offer.

Melo: 23 mil expiring
Bargnani: 12 mil one year, Early termination (ET) 12 mil next year
Chandler: 14 mil this year, 14 mil next
Amare: 21.5 mil this year, ET 23 mil next year
JR Smith 5.5 mil, then 6 mil, then 6 mil
Shumpert: 1 mil this year, 2 mil next year
Beno Udrih: 1 mil this year
Felton: a little under 4 mil this year and the following two seasons
Hardaway Jr.: 2 mil or < for next three years.

What deals do you think you could get done with these guys?

JasonJohnHorn
01-02-2014, 02:20 PM
Josh Smith + Jennings for Melo + Beno

Get it done.

RipCity32
01-02-2014, 02:42 PM

Get it done.

Melo would never stay in Detroit but I would do this to get away from Smith. Jennings has been pretty good aside from his defense.

dalton749
01-02-2014, 02:46 PM
either way, they are ****ed

KniCks4LiFe
01-02-2014, 02:50 PM
Oh hell no. If Detroit wants him, I better be getting one of the 2 big boys. Yeh that's right. Monroe or Dre.

xxplayerxx23
01-02-2014, 03:05 PM

Get it done.

Lmfao no chance.

Tony_Starks
01-02-2014, 03:06 PM
Sacramento is really active right now and still have assests. I'd try to move either Smith or Chandler there. Or maybe both....

nickdymez
01-02-2014, 03:12 PM
The knicks have terrible contracts. My goodness

lvlheaded
01-02-2014, 03:16 PM
Melo and JR to the Bulls for Deng, Butler, Taj and 2014 first
Chandler to Cleveland for Bynum
Felton, Metta, and 2018 first to Toronto for Lowry

Knicks will clear out all salary but Amare and Bargnani while adding a nice future piece in Butler and a potential lottery pick. Amare and Bargs also become attractive expiring a at the end of the season.

Lowry, Udrih, Prigs
Shumpert, THJ
Deng, Butler
Amare, Taj
Bargs, Tyler

It's not great obviously, but it gives you good rotation players going forward in Shumpert and THJ (who may both blossom without Melo) as well as Butler and Taj, plus oodles of cap space moving forward and a good pick in a stacked draft

Tony_Starks
01-02-2014, 03:23 PM

Knicks will clear out all salary but Amare and Bargnani while adding a nice future piece in Butler and a potential lottery pick. Amare and Bargs also become attractive expiring a at the end of the season.

Lowry, Udrih, Prigs
Shumpert, THJ
Deng, Butler
Amare, Taj
Bargs, Tyler

It's not great obviously, but it gives you good rotation players going forward in Shumpert and THJ (who may both blossom without Melo) as well as Butler and Taj, plus oodles of cap space moving forward and a good pick in a stacked draft

The only one of those deals that would be considered is Chandler for Bynum. The other two deals would involve hilarious laughter followed by dial tone....

LongIslandIcedZ
01-02-2014, 03:24 PM
I dont know how realistic it is, but if the Knicks are going to blow it up, I'd hope their able to get into the lottery this year. I doubt Chandler would be able to get it done, but I'm sure Melo would.

shep33
01-02-2014, 03:26 PM
Tyson is their best chip. Dolan won't trade Melo.

Tyson to OKC for Perkins, Lamb and a filler (i.e. Thabeet)

FriedTofuz
01-02-2014, 03:35 PM
Dolans ego says No firesale

Fnom11
01-02-2014, 03:36 PM

Tyson to OKC for Perkins, Lamb and a filler (i.e. Thabeet)

Why the hell would NY do this? Tyson is legit when healthy. I mean Lamb's definitely been impressive but I'm not sold on him enough to want to trade away one of the few good centers in the league.

BHF
01-02-2014, 03:37 PM

Lowry, Udrih, Prigs
Shumpert, THJ
Deng, Butler
Amare, Taj
Bargs, Tyler

no thank you there is nothing outside of Chandler that Toronto needs from NY

rapjuicer06
01-02-2014, 03:44 PM
I'd trade Melo and get a team back for him. Trade him to the Kings, Cavs, or hell, look at Houston

shep33
01-02-2014, 03:53 PM
Why the hell would NY do this? Tyson is legit when healthy. I mean Lamb's definitely been impressive but I'm not sold on him enough to want to trade away one of the few good centers in the league.

My bad I forgot to mention that OKC should throw in a pick or two.

Tyson is great, but what purpose does he have on the Knicks? Lamb + a pick or two would be the bread and butter of the deal.

Tyson isn't going to net them a star player back, and your pretty limited in dealing him because he's still owed 14 mill this year and 14.6 next year. Plus he's 31 years old

FriedTofuz
01-02-2014, 04:00 PM
NY better trade melo for something, he's as good as gone like chris bosh was on ther aptors.s

rapjuicer06
01-02-2014, 04:01 PM
Melo to Houston for Lin, Parsons, Asik

Chandler + Felton to L.A. for Gasol.

Asik/Gasol/Parsons/Shumpert/Lin

With a 21 mil cap relief at end of the year. Young players to build with, and Linsanity is back!

FriedTofuz
01-02-2014, 04:05 PM
People need to stop overating shumpert. Holy crap.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-02-2014, 04:06 PM

With a 21 mil cap relief at end of the year. Young players to build with, and Linsanity is back!

:laugh:

Stunner
01-02-2014, 04:08 PM
Melo won't re-up with any team he doesn't want to go to and teams won't deal for him because of that .

Kashmir13579
01-02-2014, 04:12 PM

Pretty much this.. It sucks for Knicks fans that 'Melo could easily net a few draft picks.

KniCks4LiFe
01-02-2014, 04:12 PM

Morey ain't making that deal.

rapjuicer06
01-02-2014, 04:14 PM
:laugh:

I really don't understand whats funny....I mean there are talks for Gasol for Bynum....how is the other not better?

rapjuicer06
01-02-2014, 04:18 PM

Idk man, it'd be very, very tempting. I mean Dwight/Melo/Harden is a damn good 3 headed monster, add in Jones and Beverly, you have the best starting line up in basketball, and still have very good depth behind them.

KniCks4LiFe
01-02-2014, 04:24 PM
Idk man, it'd be very, very tempting. I mean Dwight/Melo/Harden is a damn good 3 headed monster, add in Jones and Beverly, you have the best starting line up in basketball, and still have very good depth behind them.

not enough ball movement

FriedTofuz
01-02-2014, 04:26 PM
that melo deal for lin asik and parson would be a good trade, but houston will have to add in at leaste a 1st round pick in 2014 and 2015 for such value. Also, asik will still cry because he'd be playing behind tyson.. UNless the knicks then flip tyson for gasol + filler

Kashmir13579
01-02-2014, 04:26 PM

Neither is Dolan. Lin will never play for the Knicks again.

FriedTofuz
01-02-2014, 04:28 PM
Dolan is ah orrible owner.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-02-2014, 04:33 PM
I really don't understand whats funny....I mean there are talks for Gasol for Bynum....how is the other not better?

By trading Gasol in a package for Bynum and then waiving Bynum, the injury-ravaged Lakers could save more than $20 million in salary and luxury taxes, which could help them maintain financial flexibility heading into the next few summers.

The Lakers have been luxury-tax payers for six straight seasons. While the luxury-tax savings this season -- and the ability to avoid the repeater tax penalty, which kicks in when a team is a taxpayer in four of five years, starting with the 2011-12 season -- would undoubtedly help the Lakers' long-term flexibility, the franchise's history and organizational culture make that a difficult prospect to consider.

Your offer is one of the worst I've seen. We have tons of PGs and Felton for 3 moe years :puke:

And Tyson has 2 years left while gasol expires this year.

What the hell were you thinkin'?:laugh2:

rapjuicer06
01-02-2014, 04:36 PM
By trading Gasol in a package for Bynum and then waiving Bynum, the injury-ravaged Lakers could save more than $20 million in salary and luxury taxes, which could help them maintain financial flexibility heading into the next few summers.

The Lakers have been luxury-tax payers for six straight seasons. While the luxury-tax savings this season -- and the ability to avoid the repeater tax penalty, which kicks in when a team is a taxpayer in four of five years, starting with the 2011-12 season -- would undoubtedly help the Lakers' long-term flexibility, the franchise's history and organizational culture make that a difficult prospect to consider.

Your offer is one of the worst I've seen. We have tons of PGs and Felton for 3 moe years :puke:

And Tyson has 2 years left while gasol expires this year.

What the hell were you thinkin'?:laugh2:

Hmm I guess I was thinking to have Kobe compete for another year or 2. Don't see any other way of that happening

KniCks4LiFe
01-02-2014, 04:37 PM

I know.

Stunner
01-02-2014, 04:38 PM

Come on now let's not act like he didn't want the guy . They did just not for that money not to mention he's better than Felton

mdm692
01-02-2014, 04:38 PM

Then they wonder why the team goes through droughts like how they did in the 00's.

Fnom11
01-02-2014, 04:53 PM
My bad I forgot to mention that OKC should throw in a pick or two.

Tyson is great, but what purpose does he have on the Knicks? Lamb + a pick or two would be the bread and butter of the deal.

Tyson isn't going to net them a star player back, and your pretty limited in dealing him because he's still owed 14 mill this year and 14.6 next year. Plus he's 31 years old

Yeah I suppose that would make sense, still I'd like a little more for Tyson, especially considering they get Perkins in return who is horrible.

Raps_93
01-02-2014, 07:11 PM
Melo: 23 mil expiring
Chandler: 14 mil this year, 14 mil next
Shumpert: 1 mil this year, 2 mil next year
Hardaway Jr.: 2 mil or < for next three years.

Those are the only players worth anything on the knicks. Knicks are in a Chris Bosh situation right now.Once melo leaves (and he will) chandler can probably be flipped for a pick or 2.Try and rebuild with Shumpert and Hardaway.The next 5 years are going to be agony.I feel bad for Knicks fans.

Jetsguy
01-02-2014, 08:51 PM
Lot of people going to have something to say if Melo stays. Never seen more confidence in something in my life.

SINCESTARBURY25
01-02-2014, 08:54 PM
If we can land wiggins or jabari parker i would trade Melo in a heart beat.

ohreally
01-02-2014, 09:02 PM
Lot of people going to have something to say if Melo stays. Never seen more confidence in something in my life.

I guess that's better than having him leave for nothing, but even that's debatable. Best thing that can be done is to trade him for some young'uns, an expiring, and whatever picks can be had.

ohreally
01-02-2014, 09:08 PM
If we can land wiggins or jabari parker i would trade Melo in a heart beat.

But why would Denver make that trade?

NYSpirit1
01-02-2014, 09:09 PM

You're sig is stupid by the way. LeBron & Kobe played what amounted to 3 more seasons than Jordan did by 29 years old.

But anyway, I agree with what he's saying. The best option for the Knicks would be to trade Chandler for young players and picks. Find anyway you can to dump JR Smith & Raymond Felton for nothing (or something if you can get it) and clear everything off the books for 2015.

Keep Melo, Shump, TH Jr. and nothing else.

JasonJohnHorn
01-02-2014, 10:08 PM
Melo won't re-up with any team he doesn't want to go to and teams won't deal for him because of that .
Unless they'd be happy with the cap space.

JasonJohnHorn
01-02-2014, 10:08 PM
Z-Bo + Tayshuan for Melo

uprightciti
01-02-2014, 11:04 PM
if melo is gonna leave they should know by trade deadline but if they dont...and he leaves jebus man!

Knicks fire sale
Keep THJR, Keep Tyson for future bird rights when Amare and Bargnani are off the books
go after K. Love and Kyrie

done

Tony_Starks
01-02-2014, 11:22 PM
Dolan will never trade Melo. He's like the Jerry Jones of the NBA. Despite the situation he will keep Melo for as long as he can for sheer entertainment purposes....

KnicksorBust
01-03-2014, 02:27 PM

Maybe I'm in the minority here but a team that only has about $12 million committed past 2015 can't be in that bad of shape. Worst case scenario we can press the re-start button after next year.

KnickaBocka.44
01-03-2014, 02:33 PM
5 1/2 games out of home court, no one is going anywhere.

AddiX
01-03-2014, 02:34 PM
Dolan will never trade Melo. He's like the Jerry Jones of the NBA. Despite the situation he will keep Melo for as long as he can for sheer entertainment purposes....

So true...

If it was my choice everyone but shump, and hardaway would be available for trade right now. I love melo, but I'm tired of him holding teams hostage, and at thisnpoint, the last thing I want to have to witness, is melo when he begins his downfall.

Omg that is going to be ugly.

Riodagoat
01-03-2014, 05:03 PM
Oh my Lord.... I would be crying If I were a Knicks fan looking at those contracts.

KnicksorBust
01-03-2014, 05:11 PM
Oh my Lord.... I would be crying If I were a Knicks fan looking at those contracts.

:laugh: Again, what do we have one season left of a few overpaid players? This time next year they will be expirings that could be used to bring in a salary dump of a talented player or we could just let them come off the books and enter 2015 FA with a ton of cap space.

KnicksorBust
01-04-2014, 08:13 PM

So true...

If it was my choice everyone but shump, and hardaway would be available for trade right now. I love melo, but I'm tired of him holding teams hostage, and at thisnpoint, the last thing I want to have to witness, is melo when he begins his downfall.

Omg that is going to be ugly.

Honestly I dont see us getting anything but 50 cents on the dollar for any of our other players.

playD
01-04-2014, 08:56 PM
I been hearing Melo for Griffin plus I do this then sign Love, and trade for Rondo & humpries and send the celtics Shump, felton, amare & 2018 draft pick
and take any offers for JR like new Nets for the rims