PDA

View Full Version : Callahan, McD, and Stepan make Olympic roster

J4KOP99
01-01-2014, 06:24 PM
It was announced a little bit ago. Great news for mcd and the cally choice isn't much of a surprise but I am pretty shocked to see Stepan there.

Lets hope all three stay healthy.

Yankee Clipper
01-01-2014, 06:44 PM
:clap: :cheers:

SLY WILLIAMS
01-01-2014, 07:36 PM
I'm a bit surprised by Cally but I will root hard for all 3.

Hopefully the experience helps them as Rangers as well.

bsi
01-01-2014, 09:39 PM
I was more surprised Stepan got the nod, Cally could be back next game as they waived Pyatt.

Yankee Clipper
01-01-2014, 09:43 PM
I was more surprised Stepan got the nod, Cally could be back next game as they waived Pyatt.

Yeah that seems to be the plan.

Redfish
01-02-2014, 11:13 AM

Apparently, Callahan was amongst the 4-5 core leaders identified for the team by coaches months ago. I am surprised Stepan was selected. Congrats to each of them! What an experience it must be to represent your country in the olympics.

nyr2002nyr
01-02-2014, 11:20 AM
Apparently, Callahan was amongst the 4-5 core leaders identified for the team by coaches months ago. I am surprised Stepan was selected. Congrats to each of them! What an experience it must be to represent your country in the olympics.

Yeah i can think of quite a few that should go before Steps. And i honestly wish Cally wouldnt play

SLY WILLIAMS
01-02-2014, 11:54 AM
I figured Step might because they are weaker at center than on the wing.

Choosing Cally over Bobby Ryan was a mild surprise to me.

They said they were picking the players they felt they could win with not the best players.

SLY WILLIAMS
01-02-2014, 11:55 AM

Back in the old days when it was almost all college kids for the USA it was something magical.

IAmARanger18
01-02-2014, 04:05 PM

Surprised by Stepan making it honestly, not Cally. Poile said today that he sees Cally in the top 6, don't agree with it though. Put him on a line with Backes/Brown and Oshie and let them cause havoc on the ice. Tough line to play against.

nyr2002nyr
01-02-2014, 04:27 PM
Surprised by Stepan making it honestly, not Cally. Poile said today that he sees Cally in the top 6, don't agree with it though. Put him on a line with Backes/Brown and Oshie and let them cause havoc on the ice. Tough line to play against.

I just didnt want to see him play for the sake of how much he has been hurt. I know he wasnt 100% to start the season and then trying to get back in the groove and getting hurt again doesnt help

Yankee Clipper
01-02-2014, 07:23 PM

I don't think Stepan will see a lot of playing time.