PDA

View Full Version : Van Gundy on Nets: 'This has looked like a bush league organization'

KniCks4LiFe
01-01-2014, 05:16 PM
"I mean this has looked like a bush league organization much of the year, they don't play with much effort at all, a very uninspired team. But at the same time they had so many people hurt you just don't know. And now they are not they are not going to be healthy all year."

"You can do whatever you want with the coaching situation but it is not going to change the situation with their roster. They just don't have a lot of options -- they don't have draft picks, they are way over the salary cap. They are probably in the worst situation of any team in the NBA right now."
(source) (http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/10223832/stan-van-gundy-calls-brooklyn-nets-bush-league-organization)

Even SVG agrees w/ me. Billy King and Deron Williams are the main issues w/ that team.

That is one of the more talented coaches in the NBA telling the NBA internet/fans that roster is a ticking time bomb.

jmoney85
01-01-2014, 05:20 PM
i'm pretty sure everybody and their 3rd cousin's know this information... svg isn't saying anything that a helen keller couldn't notice

KniCks4LiFe
01-01-2014, 05:25 PM
I'm sorry but I don't think anybody is noticing J85, most talks around here are about Kidd sucking as a coach, b/c it's easier to point that finger at him. Yet what was suppose to be a franchise PG who doesn't perform he gets little to no blame. The Boston 3 that have turned prehistoric, get no blame? the INEPT GM THAT IS BILLY KING gets no majority blame. This is a dude that led one of my favs in A.I. to have to retire w/o a ring and his best wingman in his prime was Larry freaking Hughes! Yet that man continues to be a GM in the NBA?

Not even Isiah Thomas was a worse GM than Billy King. So I take this personal.

GiantsSwaGG
01-01-2014, 06:20 PM
He's right

TheNumber37
01-01-2014, 07:59 PM
The Knicks and Nets to combine.

Kidd should take a coaching Job under Woodson to help with the Knicks lack of leadsership.
KG, Pierce and Williams can all start for the Knicks and that would fix our offense, and the KG/Tyson front court would fix a lot on Defense.

And Mikhail can buy the Knicks from the Dolan.

LAKobeBryant
01-01-2014, 08:02 PM
The Knicks and Nets to combine.

Kidd should take a coaching Job under Woodson to help with the Knicks lack of leadsership.
KG, Pierce and Williams can all start for the Knicks and that would fix our offense, and the KG/Tyson front court would fix a lot on Defense.

And Mikhail can buy the Knicks from the Dolan.

lol? they are rival teams

AddiX
01-01-2014, 08:23 PM
Really is amazing just how bad the nets are. So many people are involved in this mess, I didn't think it would start smoothly. But this is beyond worse than anything I could have imagined.

A lot of people involved have gotten away from the blame they probably deserve. And IMO, Deron Williams was never the type of "star" or pg that could bring this team together, its just not his game.

I watch this team and I see a bunch of players who all think they can let everyone else on the team do the hard work. A lot of standing around and watching on that team.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-01-2014, 08:23 PM
Both NY teams are a total mess

KnicksorBust
01-01-2014, 08:38 PM
So underrated is the fact that Pierce and KG blow ***.

29$JerZ
01-01-2014, 09:00 PM

I predicted that would happen this season. Score 1 for me.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
01-01-2014, 09:03 PM

From the few times I've watched them, it's so sad to see this. Especially Pierce, who looks like he isn't even emotionally invested into the game anymore.

Kashmir13579
01-01-2014, 09:43 PM

And Deron can't stay healthy long enough to get back to form.

Kashmir13579
01-01-2014, 09:44 PM

I couldn't believe how hyped up that trade was.. Nets got obliterated.

blahblahyoutoo
01-01-2014, 10:22 PM

it's not. we all saw evidence of their decline in the playoffs and even the regular season last year.
when everyone, even pro-analysts, said that they were built to challenge the heat, I scoffed.

Riodagoat
01-01-2014, 11:14 PM
Who cares who's fault it is? The point is they suck. Everybody needs to be replaced.
If you replace the players, they would still suck under Kidd.
If you replace Kidd, the players would still be older and more frail than my grandmother's hip prosthesis.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
01-01-2014, 11:14 PM
it's not. we all saw evidence of their decline in the playoffs and even the regular season last year.
when everyone, even pro-analysts, said that they were built to challenge the heat, I scoffed.

FWIW, KG didn't really show signs of decline last year, especially in the playoffs when he was getting around 14 RPG.

TheMightyHumph
01-02-2014, 01:31 AM
Nets are a babushka league team

bucketss
01-02-2014, 01:39 AM

me too, never knew why they had high expectations when their main additions were two players who were about to retire.

TheMightyHumph
01-02-2014, 02:05 AM
me too, never knew why they had high expectations when their main additions were two players who were about to retire.

Well, there WERE expected to be better than Humph & Crash.

mjt20mik
01-02-2014, 03:40 AM
total ****storm.. and I was one of those really hyped to see BK challenge Miami and Indiana.