PDA

View Full Version : BK Fire Sale: Suggested trades?

JasonJohnHorn
01-01-2014, 12:14 PM
BK is awful. THEY WILL BLOW IT UP. They have to.

Here's what they got to offer:

JJ: 21 mil, then, 23 mil, then 25 mil (nobody is taking on that)
D-Will: Average 20 mil per over next four season
PP: 15 mil/Expiring
Garnett: 12 mil then 12 mil
Brook: 14, to 15, to 17 mil over three years
Jason Terry: 5.8 mil, then 5.9 mil
Evans: 1.6 mil then 1.7 mil
AK47: 3 mil then 3 mil
Blatch: 1.3 then 1.4 mil

Nobody will touch JJ's contract, but pairing up Evans or Blatche's contract with a bigger contract could be appealing to some teams. Garnett is still rebounding well, and getting him AND Evans or Blatche for under 15 mil and only two years of commitment? That's pretty good.

PP is an expring... Terry is a reasonable commitment. AK47 is cheap.

D-Will is the best bet here... he would draw the most interest, but Lopez, though injury prone, will could still get attention. A big market team willing to spend would gamble on him.

What are some trade scenarios that could clear cap space and bring young talent and/or draft picks to BK?

This is your audition for Billy King's job, because he might not have his for much longer.

theducksmuggler
01-01-2014, 12:23 PM
D-Will has the most value has proven without the right coach he will be lazy and unmotivated but they should be able to get a decent package for him i dont think anywhere near what they gave up for him.
Paul Pierce and KG i think are easily out of there but i dont see them being traded seperatly to be honest but who knows.
After that a contending team might throw a cheap offer out there for Terry or AK47...bottom line is they will be not getting great value for any of these guys

jmoney85
01-01-2014, 12:38 PM
JJ is untradable at this point unless they find a stupid or desperate team.

all of the other players have decent value

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-01-2014, 01:28 PM
the simple answer is that they cant.

They have no control over their picks till 2019 and how are you gonna trade those awful contracts when you are not giving back picks?

What the hell was on Billy Kings's mind when he did those trades? Was he drugged or poisoned? lol

xxplayerxx23
01-01-2014, 01:30 PM
Id take deron lol that's how desperate I am to see a pg

Wade n Fade
01-01-2014, 01:35 PM
LAC is one of the few teams that was interested in PP and KG last offseason. To see them take on those guys might not happen and they were a serious bunch of suitors last time. If the Nets have an amnesty, JJ is good guy to oust. He does nothing but shoot and is a ball stopper to begin with. Easily the worst contract of the 2010 offseason because of the desperation of the Hawks. They still are a playoff team without him for the last two seasons no matter how atrocious the East is right now.

Wade n Fade
01-01-2014, 01:36 PM
Reggie Evans, Andray Blatche, and AK47 are potential assets someone can trade a 2nd rounder or a young piece (not astronomically talented) for on a playoff contender.

WES KOAST
01-01-2014, 01:41 PM
JJ is untradable at this point unless they find a stupid or desperate team.

all of the other players have decent value

untradeable? the nets traded for him therefore they mustve been stupid or desperate.

lopez, Williams n blatche only ones with value.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-01-2014, 02:06 PM
LAC is one of the few teams that was interested in PP and KG last offseason. To see them take on those guys might not happen and they were a serious bunch of suitors last time. If the Nets have an amnesty, JJ is good guy to oust. He does nothing but shoot and is a ball stopper to begin with. Easily the worst contract of the 2010 offseason because of the desperation of the Hawks. They still are a playoff team without him for the last two seasons no matter how atrocious the East is right now.

nets dont have amnesty anymore

shep33
01-01-2014, 02:21 PM
Even if they trade Deron I don't think they can get out of this mess.

IndyRealist
01-01-2014, 02:36 PM
As I look at it, these players have trade value: Mason Plumlee (good upside rookie), Andre Kirilenko (multi-talented vet defender on a cheap contract), Reggie Evans (only to certain teams), Alan Anderson (as a 3pt shooter), Deron Williams (on reputation), Paul Pierce (expiring). Lopez could also be tradeable if they were willing to take pennies on the dollar (like Milwaukee did with Bogut).

Thing is, I don't think the Nets want to blow it up. I think they're going to mostly ride it out and see what they can do next year. PP might get moved for another high priced player from a team looking to rebuilt, but I suspect the Nets will retool rather than start over.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-01-2014, 02:38 PM
Probably have to start with Deron trade for some assets or any great value you can get. Then send out feelers for expiring Pierce to playoff teams. Ak47 might even fetch something nice to a playoff team. Maybe a very late first and salary filler or young asset? Who knows. But no picks till 2019 to trade is a long time. Nets probably should deal Deron for Asik and Lin.

alexander_37
01-01-2014, 02:54 PM
It was so funny when people tried to defend that JJ contract.

jmoney85
01-01-2014, 03:58 PM
It was so funny when people tried to defend that JJ contract.

defending the "trade" and defending the "contract" are two different things... I'm pretty sure nobody defended the contract

Phenomenonsense
01-01-2014, 09:13 PM
I'll trade and take evans off their hands if they want to throw in Bod for my trouble.

Sly Guy
01-01-2014, 09:38 PM
OMG, those contracts are ugly. I only see AK or Evans being able to be moved.....maybe Lopez, if you are in need of a big and believe he can stay healthy.

You might be able to move pierce, but why? He's expiring, and if you're blowing up a team, you want expirings.

Deron is not worth anywhere near that contract, and that duration.....ouch. JJ, yikes, him too.

ohreally
01-01-2014, 09:46 PM
Given that the talent level really should be better than they have been, and they would be trading from a no-leverage position, the first thing they have to do is fire the coach--who never should have been hired in the first place.

TheMightyHumph
01-01-2014, 09:49 PM
Given that the talent level really should be better than they have been, and they would be trading from a no-leverage position, the first thing they have to do is fire the coach--who never should have been hired in the first place.

The GM and the coach

SanAntonioSpurs23
01-01-2014, 10:15 PM
Send AK47 to San Antonio

SpeeMN
01-01-2014, 10:22 PM
Timberwolves fans are getting frustrated, KG off the bench would sell out the rest of the season. Too bad we traded Derrik Williams for nothing.

KniCks4LiFe
01-01-2014, 10:31 PM
Timberwolves fans are getting frustrated, KG off the bench would sell out the rest of the season. Too bad we traded Derrik Williams for nothing.

do they want him back?

RipCity32
01-01-2014, 10:53 PM
Smith+Jennings+Bynum for DWill and Pierce

jmoney85
01-01-2014, 11:18 PM
Smith+Jennings+Bynum for DWill and Pierce

no thank you

Denver-boy
01-01-2014, 11:28 PM
id take brook lopez! :cheers:

jmoney85
01-01-2014, 11:29 PM
Send AK47 to San Antonio

you have nothing thats an asset to a rebuilding team unless kawhi leonard

Denver-boy
01-01-2014, 11:32 PM

whose made the decesion to hire Jason Kidd?t they shouldnt of let go of PJ....

KniCks4LiFe
01-01-2014, 11:37 PM
The first deal I make, if I'm the Nets GM. Meaning not Billy King.

Deron Williams to HOU for Lin + Asik + Williams or (Monty +1st rd. pick)

KniCks4LiFe
01-01-2014, 11:46 PM
whose made the decesion to hire Jason Kidd?t they shouldnt of let go of PJ....

he's not the problem, this what I've been talking about and what y'all thought PJ was going to do. Deron Williams and the Nets team still choked under a hapless Bulls roster. They rolled over and played dead in Gm.7. PJ's voice was drowned out, and peeps overrate PJ as a coach. Yeh he get you to play a little bit of D, but his offensive schemes and substitution patterns were beyond putrid. This the only coach I know that actually put a line up of Andray Blatche, Gerald Wallace and Reggie Evans on the floor together in THE PLAYOFFS!

jmoney85
01-01-2014, 11:57 PM
The first deal I make, if I'm the Nets GM. Meaning not Billy King.

Deron Williams to HOU for Lin + Asik + Williams or (Monty +1st rd. pick)

no thanks , no thanks

KniCks4LiFe
01-02-2014, 12:06 AM
what's wit the hate on Kidd really? If Kidd were to have a convo. w/ the IBC, it'd prolly go like this.

IBC: What's Joe Johnson's strength? iso, iso post, and screen 3's, how hard is that?

Kidd: when he doesn't hit a 3 he's virtually useless.

IBC: Kidd needs to use the PnR

Kidd: well KG isn't hitting his jumpshots, that's getting us caught in transistion, we can't rebound b/c we can't play KG and Evans together b/c that leaves virtually no spacing.

IBC: Kidd should use Deron off screens

Kidd: well Deron's legs are limited, his "ankle" injury kind of made him into a stand alone jumpshooter vs the majority of the league

IBC: Kidd should use Blatche more in the post

Kidd: well Blatche needs room to get to the rim and playing him w/ Plumlee doesn't create that. But this may be our best big duo

IBC: play Telelovic at PF! and KG at C!

Kidd: well then defensively at the 4 we're at a disadvantage and defensively means the whole possession after the shot, rebounding the ball too.

IBC: he needs to light a fire in this team's ***! he does nothing! he's over his head

Kidd: I've done that and more. I told D-Will take it to the post, he refuses to do that. I told Paul the 2nd unit needs a voice, he's thinking about Boston, KG has my back, but his back doesn't allow him to hit his open jumpshots and rebound like he did last year. I cheated for a timeout and gave my team a shot to win a game, they couldn't get it done. The team cries about not having an identity, even though the roster is severely mismatched nightly and inconsistent. So how can they have an identity. That's not my fault, I do have a GM.

KniCks4LiFe
01-02-2014, 12:06 AM
no thanks , no thanks

you have no other option.

TheMightyHumph
01-02-2014, 12:17 AM
what's wit the hate on Kidd really? If Kidd were to have a convo. w/ the IBC, it'd prolly go like this.

IBC: What's Joe Johnson's strength? iso, iso post, and screen 3's, how hard is that?

Kidd: when he doesn't hit a 3 he's virtually useless.

IBC: Kidd needs to use the PnR

Kidd: well KG isn't hitting his jumpshots, that's getting us caught in transistion, we can't rebound b/c we can't play KG and Evans together b/c that leaves virtually no spacing.

IBC: Kidd should use Deron off screens

Kidd: well Deron's legs are limited, his "ankle" injury kind of made him into a stand alone jumpshooter vs the majority of the league

IBC: Kidd should use Blatche more in the post

Kidd: well Blatche needs room to get to the rim and playing him w/ Plumlee doesn't create that. But this may be our best big duo

IBC: play Telelovic at PF! and KG at C!

Kidd: well then defensively at the 4 we're at a disadvantage and defensively means the whole possession after the shot, rebounding the ball too.

IBC: he needs to light a fire in this team's ***! he does nothing! he's over his head

Kidd: I've done that and more. I told D-Will take it to the post, he refuses to do that. I told Paul the 2nd unit needs a voice, he's thinking about Boston, KG has my back, but his back doesn't allow him to hit his open jumpshots and rebound like he did last year. I cheated for a timeout and gave my team a shot to win a game, they couldn't get it done. The team cries about not having an identity, even though the roster is severely mismatched nightly and inconsistent. So how can they have an identity. That's not my fault, I do have a GM.

IBC: Why does your tream play like it doesn't seem to care.

Kidd: Because they have tuned me out.

jmoney85
01-02-2014, 12:18 AM
you have no other option.

based on what? lol

KniCks4LiFe
01-02-2014, 12:20 AM
IBC: Why does your tream play like it doesn't seem to care.

Kidd: Because they have tuned me out.

Kidd: B/c physically they are limited. It's not the whole team that doesn't care. It's just Deron.

based on what? lol

based on everything.

jmoney85
01-02-2014, 12:21 AM
Kidd: B/c physically they are limited. It's not the whole team that doesn't care. It's just Deron.

based on everything.

based on everything?... that makes sense

KniCks4LiFe
01-02-2014, 12:25 AM
based on everything?... that makes sense

So you rather just keep Deron and continue to make excuses for his sucking in NY? you ain't winning no back pgs. in NY wit him, you don't have a positive attitude in the locker room. He's not a locker room leader. So yeh continuing that makes sense. :rolleyes:

TheMightyHumph
01-02-2014, 12:37 AM

IBC: So Deron doesn't care and you are losing games by huge margins and being embarrassed. Have you thought about sitting Deron and playing a guard that cares, like Tyshawn. At least he plays defense and attacks the hoop.

jmoney85
01-02-2014, 12:38 AM
So you rather just keep Deron and continue to make excuses for his sucking in NY? you ain't winning no back pgs. in NY wit him, you don't have a positive attitude in the locker room. He's not a locker room leader. So yeh continuing that makes sense. :rolleyes:

never said keeping him was the best thing but I'm not giving him away for peanuts and that goes for every player on the team

KniCks4LiFe
01-02-2014, 12:47 AM
IBC: So Deron doesn't care and you are losing games by huge margins and being embarrassed. Have you thought about sitting Deron and playing a guard that cares, like Tyshawn. At least he plays defense and attacks the hoop.

You know what sitting down 15-20 million dollar players does in NY? especially w/ players that have big egos like Deron?

Tyshawn is a 3rd stringer. Plays hard but is overmatched vs starters now that scouting reports are out on him. He has a suspect jumper, isn't as smooth off the PnR, can drive to the rim but w/ defenses sagging off you that's not a good thing.

MyDRoseLikeDeng
01-02-2014, 12:48 AM
Evans, AK, Pierce, maybeeee DWill and Lopez are contracts that you can move but damn Billy King really f'ed this up. Where's DoMeFavors at nowadays? :rolleyes:

KniCks4LiFe
01-02-2014, 12:50 AM
never said keeping him was the best thing but I'm not giving him away for peanuts and that goes for every player on the team

peanuts? do you know that the trade has players younger and playable than what you have. Do you honestly think Lin is worse than Deron Williams this year and for the foreseeable future? Asik actually helps you on defensive possessions if you luck out and get a Terrence Williams or Montijuane[however you spell it] in the deal that's a no brainer.

JerseyPalahniuk
01-02-2014, 12:54 AM
they won't blow it up, but go ahead and keep on making these threads man.

jmoney85
01-02-2014, 01:02 AM
peanuts? do you know that the trade has players younger and playable than what you have. Do you honestly think Lin is worse than Deron Williams this year and for the foreseeable future? Asik actually helps you on defensive possessions if you luck out and get a Terrence Williams or Montijuane[however you spell it] in the deal that's a no brainer.

what you don't understand is that if dwill is traded then we are trading him for future assets not players like jeremy lin or omer asik

TheMightyHumph
01-02-2014, 01:10 AM
You know what sitting down 15-20 million dollar players does in NY? especially w/ players that have big egos like Deron?

Tyshawn is a 3rd stringer. Plays hard but is overmatched vs starters now that scouting reports are out on him. He has a suspect jumper, isn't as smooth off the PnR, can drive to the rim but w/ defenses sagging off you that's not a good thing.

I have witnessed what playing that $15-20 mil has resulted in. The Nets are horrid, and playing Deron is one of the reasons. At this point, you should give minutes who play like they care.

TheMightyHumph
01-02-2014, 01:12 AM
what you don't understand is that if dwill is traded then we are trading him for future assets not players like jeremy lin or omer asik

As the season goes on, Asik & Lin will look like a better and better deal. Before Brook got injured, we might have gotten a draft pick too

KniCks4LiFe
01-02-2014, 01:14 AM

those are future assets. You're not getting 3 to 4 picks for D-Will. I don't even see an interested team past Houston that is in for him. How is a 25 yr. who leads the league in points at the rim not an asset? he also has hit near or equal to 50% on his shots on the floor and plays better defense. Then you have Omir Asik who is an asset, you get Williams or Monty or pick, how is that not assets for the future?

KniCks4LiFe
01-02-2014, 01:17 AM
I have witnessed what playing that $15-20 mil has resulted in. The Nets are horrid, and playing Deron is one of the reasons. At this point, you should give minutes who play like they care.

and you have to understand, he can't sit him. Star players who get angry spread disease. Next thing you know he'll make up crap to the media and draw negative press. Like I said in NY, this does not work. My Knicks are already getting it w/ JR, Deron when he's mad can be just as bad as Stephon was.

TheMightyHumph
01-02-2014, 01:21 AM
and you have to understand, he can't sit him. Star players who get angry spread disease. Next thing you know he'll make up crap to the media and draw negative press. Like I said in NY, this does not work. My Knicks are already getting it w/ JR, Deron when he's mad can be just as bad as Stephon was.

Spread disease? What is left to be infected? And JR is not a player.

You have to remember, the press embarrassed Deron into losing weight during the season last year.

And JR Smith is just a blip. Knicks could release him and no one would notice.

That's how you cure cancer. You cut it out.

KniCks4LiFe
01-02-2014, 01:26 AM
Spread disease? What is left to be infected? And JR is not a player.

You have to remember, the press embarrassed Deron into losing weight during the season last year.

And JR Smith is just a blip. Knicks could release him and no one would notice.

That's how you cure cancer. You cut it out.

And? still same mindset.

Yeah that was a different story. We could see he clearly was. Players are image centered. But when it comes to effort and criticizing one's game, that's when the player will full out deny.

Melo would notice. LOLS

And then you have to replace it, otherwise it spreads. And if you don't have a replaceable figure that attitude lingers.

jmoney85
01-02-2014, 01:29 AM
those are future assets. You're not getting 3 to 4 picks for D-Will. I don't even see an interested team past Houston that is in for him. How is a 25 yr. who leads the league in points at the rim not an asset? he also has hit near or equal to 50% on his shots on the floor and plays better defense. Then you have Omir Asik who is an asset, you get Williams or Monty or pick, how is that not assets for the future?

omer asik is overrated... that has been blatantly clear considering they couldn't even trade him.

asik and lin will make 30 mil combined next season... why would a rebuilding team take back that kind of money

KniCks4LiFe
01-02-2014, 01:32 AM
omer asik is overrated... that has been blatantly clear considering they couldn't even trade him.

asik and lin will make 30 mil combined next season... why would a rebuilding team take back that kind of money

they go off the books next season and you'll prolly resign them for a cheaper price.

TheMightyHumph
01-02-2014, 01:42 AM
And? still same mindset.

Yeah that was a different story. We could see he clearly was. Players are image centered. But when it comes to effort and criticizing one's game, that's when the player will full out deny.

Melo would notice. LOLS

And then you have to replace it, otherwise it spreads. And if you don't have a replaceable figure that attitude lingers.

Melo would notice it drom whatever city has his mind on playing in next season.

And a team rolling over and dying is something that can linger for a long time, especially when your 'superstar' is lead dog.

jmoney85
01-02-2014, 01:42 AM
they go off the books next season and you'll prolly resign them for a cheaper price.

not that easy when you pay tax dollars on those salaries... they could end up costing triple

KniCks4LiFe
01-02-2014, 01:45 AM
Melo would notice it drom whatever city has his mind on playing in next season.

And a team rolling over and dying is something that can linger for a long time, especially when your 'superstar' is lead dog.

Just saying he would. They boys.

I know. Notice this aren't coaching issues, these are general mgr. issues. A coach in the NBA's job is to strategize and but inspire, but when you're "superstar" is a dog what more can you do? when your roster is old, what more can you do? when you are physically limited in masking the defaults on your team, what can you do as a coach?

TheMightyHumph
01-02-2014, 02:01 AM
Just saying he would. They boys.

I know. Notice this aren't coaching issues, these are general mgr. issues. A coach in the NBA's job is to strategize and but inspire, but when you're "superstar" is a dog what more can you do? when your roster is old, what more can you do? when you are physically limited in masking the defaults on your team, what can you do as a coach?

The coach determines who gets to play, and how many minutes they play. Kidd has no problem embarrassing his (now-former) friend Larry Frank. But he's afraid to embarrass Deron when he plays like he doesn't care.

Sorry, that don't fly.

KniCks4LiFe
01-02-2014, 02:15 AM
The coach determines who gets to play, and how many minutes they play. Kidd has no problem embarrassing his (now-former) friend Larry Frank. But he's afraid to embarrass Deron when he plays like he doesn't care.

Sorry, that don't fly.

Lawrence Frank tried to sabotage him. He had to go. Deron Williams is paid 20 M to be a star, he sells seats. There is no other legit PG option other than Livingston.

It flies, trust it does.

TheMightyHumph
01-02-2014, 02:21 AM
Lawrence Frank tried to sabotage him. He had to go. Deron Williams is paid 20 M to be a star, he sells seats. There is no other legit PG option other than Livingston.

It flies, trust it does.

LOL!!!! Sabotage.........LOL!!!!!!! Larry Frank is an NBA coach who REALLY takes the game seriously. If you mean he was trying to sabotage Jason (Byron Scott) Kidd's free time by getting him to review game tape, then sabotage it is.

Oh God, that is really funny.

kjoke
01-02-2014, 02:28 AM
goes to show how important rondo was for helping extend the careers of KG and Pierce. Problem now is that Rondo use to do all the work setting up KG and Pierce, now its Deron's time to do the work so KG and Pierce don't have to do it, and he's been lazy and disinterested or injured.

This team will rise or fall due to Deron because it WAS an actual solid team but the injury to Lopez is killer

KniCks4LiFe
01-02-2014, 02:28 AM
LOL!!!! Sabotage.........LOL!!!!!!! Larry Frank is an NBA coach who REALLY takes the game seriously. If you mean he was trying to sabotage Jason (Byron Scott) Kidd's free time by getting him to review game tape, then sabotage it is.

Oh God, that is really funny.

Lawrence Frank wasn't ish in the NBA w/o Jason Kidd. Lets not even act like homeboy was Red or Byron Scott.

It's funny you think a coach has veto power to not play a $20M and not have anyone to answer to for it. :laugh2:

TheMightyHumph
01-02-2014, 02:31 AM
I am a Nets' fan, and seriously, I'd would really love to see Kidd have the cajones to start the 1st and 3rd qtrs with players who care and/or have been playing hard.

Plumlee (still needs to learn a lot about the NBA game), Mirza, Anderson, Shaun and Taylor.

Remember, it's not who starts, it's who finishes

effen5
01-02-2014, 03:22 AM
I wouldn't want anything on that team except expiring contracts.

TheMightyHumph
01-02-2014, 03:35 AM
I wouldn't want anything on that team except expiring contracts.

Shall we send them directly to your home.

Saddletramp
01-02-2014, 03:37 AM

Terrence Williams got shipped out awhile back. That guy sucks ahole.

They are only going to cost $8.3M each against the cap (which they're worth) but $15M in actual money (which is chump change to that Russian).

KniCks4LiFe
01-02-2014, 03:55 AM
Terrence Williams got shipped out awhile back. That guy sucks ahole.

I meant Jones.

slashsnake
01-02-2014, 04:23 AM
BK is awful. THEY WILL BLOW IT UP. They have to.

Here's what they got to offer:

JJ: 21 mil, then, 23 mil, then 25 mil (nobody is taking on that)
D-Will: Average 20 mil per over next four season
PP: 15 mil/Expiring
Garnett: 12 mil then 12 mil
Brook: 14, to 15, to 17 mil over three years
Jason Terry: 5.8 mil, then 5.9 mil
Evans: 1.6 mil then 1.7 mil
AK47: 3 mil then 3 mil
Blatch: 1.3 then 1.4 mil

Agree on JJ, 2nd worst contract in the league possibly after Amare. Not getting rid of that without dumping a lot of good deals and picks on top of it, which they don't have

Dwill.. Ugghhhh... 20 mil for four years on a game that's been declining 3 straight years, and you are getting him for 3.5 more. Not a contract I'd want in any way either

PP - Only if you are taking on a bad deal of the team you are giving him to.

Garnett - yeah he can board well. But for 12 mil a year, I'd want more than 7 points 7 boards and 36% shooting. Likely to get worse next year not better.

Brook - the most tradeable asset before his injury. You are talking about trading a 7 footer with two major right foot injuries in the past two years. If it happens this year you are paying him 40 mil for 2 years of play and waiving his physical. That's a tough one to swallow.

Jason Terry. Another old guy who is a lot less effective and you get him for two years where decline is most likely. Only if you are desperate for a downtown threat.

Reggie Evans. the ultimate one trick pony. Guy can rebound better than almost anyone. But is he worth giving something up for? nah

AK47. - The pick that might help you add in a bad contract for.

Blatch - Another player with some value

I just don't see a good scenario where I can talk another GM into taking some of those guys. Do you want D will, or the ability to sign a max FA in the off-season. Do you want Garnett or the ability to sign a guy like Gortat, Varejau, Pau gasol, etc..

Lopez maybe.. But you are talking a big investment for a guy that might not be the same.

I guess your best bet on those big contracts is teams that have no shot at getting FA's to come. Otherwise I'd want nothing to do with them, and just take my team to free agency.

TheMightyHumph
01-02-2014, 04:37 AM
Best Nets could do right now is Deron for Asik & Lin, and Lopez for Gasol.

Heediot
01-02-2014, 05:38 AM
OKC should go after AK.

LAC Blatche or Evans

king4day
01-02-2014, 10:44 AM
If BKN was strictly looking to dump salary, maybe something like this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nt8plph

Knicks would get a younger center and a solid (when healthy) PG to play with Melo.
BKN simply gets a years cap relief.

KniCks4LiFe
01-02-2014, 12:10 PM

Knicks would get a younger center and a solid (when healthy) PG to play with Melo.

LOLS com'on bro. You can't be serious w/ that

http://i41.tinypic.com/2vsg5cy.png

I mean I'd take that deal running away. But WTF does that do for Brooklyn :laugh2:

They better off dealing Deron to HOU for Lin and Asik and try to squeeze another young player out. That deal is 100x better than this one.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-02-2014, 12:13 PM

Nets wont trade with Knicks, but not that bad of an idea.

KniCks4LiFe
01-02-2014, 12:16 PM
Nets wont trade with Knicks, but not that bad of an idea.

all they do in that deal is save a year off D-Will and JJ. Explain how that deal is better than what was proposed by Daryl Morrey?

Meanwhile Felton is injury prone. Stat is injury prone. Tyson is the only plus in that deal.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-02-2014, 12:32 PM
all they do in that deal is save a year off D-Will and JJ. Explain how that deal is better than what was proposed by Daryl Morrey?

Meanwhile Felton is injury prone. Stat is injury prone. Tyson is the only plus in that deal.

you mean Asik + Lin for Dwill?

They would get rid of JJ, the worst contract in the league by far.

KniCks4LiFe
01-02-2014, 12:44 PM
you mean Asik + Lin for Dwill?

They would get rid of JJ, the worst contract in the league by far.

But in return you give them 2 out of 3 players that can't stay on the court. This is still a business.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-02-2014, 12:58 PM
But in return you give them 2 out of 3 players that can't stay on the court. This is still a business.

well...yeah its obviously never gonna happen

xxplayerxx23
01-02-2014, 12:59 PM
Lin and asik isn't a good rebuilding package. Nets will never trade with the Knicks but :drool: take Felton+shump+ 2018 for deron :drool:

KniCks4LiFe
01-02-2014, 01:06 PM
Lin and asik isn't a good rebuilding package. Nets will never trade with the Knicks but :drool: take Felton+shump+ 2018 for deron :drool:

Ofcourse it is. He's 24 or 25 w/ starting PG potential. And Asik would be trade bait next season.

As for the Nets dealing w/ the Knicks they'd have to be floored. I'd bet they'd trade Deron in a second for this tho.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lr6anys

GSRaider
01-02-2014, 01:36 PM
Golden State has what, 15mill in trade exceptions… We'll take KG off your hands…

king4day
01-02-2014, 01:48 PM
LOLS com'on bro. You can't be serious w/ that

http://i41.tinypic.com/2vsg5cy.png

I mean I'd take that deal running away. But WTF does that do for Brooklyn :laugh2:

They better off dealing Deron to HOU for Lin and Asik and try to squeeze another young player out. That deal is 100x better than this one.

It's really to save them in the tax. Nothing at all to do with winning. They are stuck with this team for now. They would be terrible of course but it would relieve them of the last year of JJ's contract and given how injury prone Deron has been, it would be a do-over for them.

Chandler could then be spun off by the Nets and get a decent return for him as his remaining contract isn't terrible.

TheMightyHumph
01-02-2014, 01:51 PM

As a Net fan, I like this trade, and the idea of sending KG to Warriors for trade exception

ohreally
01-02-2014, 07:20 PM
Ofcourse it is. He's 24 or 25 w/ starting PG potential. And Asik would be trade bait next season.

As for the Nets dealing w/ the Knicks they'd have to be floored. I'd bet they'd trade Deron in a second for this tho.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lr6anys

I think you'd lose that bet.

ohreally
01-02-2014, 07:43 PM
Pierce and Taylor for Lin and Asik

And I'd take the Garnett for Warriors trade exception.