PDA

View Full Version : MUST WATCH: Timberwolves announcer's reaction to the no-call on Love's final shot

sunsfan88
12-31-2013, 08:58 PM
Enjoy T'wolves play-by-play man Alan Horton's call on the Love no-call:

https://soundcloud.com/bigcatcountry/30-final-call-long?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=wtshare&utm_medium=Twitter&utm_content=https://soundcloud.com/bigcatcountry/30-final-call-long

:laugh:

Of course NBA has already admitted that a foul should have been called on Marion:

The NBA acknowledged the officiating crew should have called a foul on Shawn Marion to put Kevin Love at the free throw line near the end of regulation in the Dallas Mavericks' 100-98 win over the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Marion swiped down and appeared to foul Love, who was attempting a game-tying jumper from the left baseline.

“Through postgame video review, we have determined that Minnesota’s Kevin Love was fouled on the right arm by Dallas’ Shawn Marion while attempting a two-point field goal," Rod Thorn said. "Love should have been awarded two free throws with one second left on the clock.”

spreadeagle
12-31-2013, 09:12 PM
lmao pretty good

kdspurman
12-31-2013, 09:13 PM
"Oh, Ed Malloy!!!"

stawka
12-31-2013, 09:19 PM
Silly question, but considering the referees ****in review everything these days, why can't they review something like this? Was the last shot of the game, play it out until the clock expires -- so either way it'll either be a foul and two FT's or no foul and game over?

Bruno
12-31-2013, 09:22 PM
last night was pretty bad.

Chucky Woods
12-31-2013, 09:26 PM
"ED MALLOY!"
Hahaha terrible call though.

bholly
12-31-2013, 09:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmYmfKqK-DY

shep33
12-31-2013, 09:49 PM
looooool "Ed Malloy!!!!"

Epic

Terrible call though

ThaDubs
12-31-2013, 09:50 PM
That's pretty funny but if I was a Wolves fan I'd probably react the same way.

ThaDubs
12-31-2013, 09:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmYmfKqK-DY

Lmao!!! DOH ED MALLOY

Hawkeye15
12-31-2013, 10:16 PM
Silly question, but considering the referees ****in review everything these days, why can't they review something like this? Was the last shot of the game, play it out until the clock expires -- so either way it'll either be a foul and two FT's or no foul and game over?

don't understand why they don't review these calls.

The apology by the NBA is garbage. Glad they are admitting mistakes, but they need to put something in place to review immediately, and fix the call.

Hawkeye15
12-31-2013, 10:17 PM
That's pretty funny but if I was a Wolves fan I'd probably react the same way.

you have no idea.......

I blew up on my couch. Dog went running into the bedroom and wouldn't come out until I swayed him with a treat.

bholly
12-31-2013, 10:28 PM
If they can review fouls then they're going to be reviewing every play and it'll ruin the game. Maybe each team should get a limited number of review requests, who knows.

Kushed
12-31-2013, 10:30 PM
**** me

Raidaz4Life
12-31-2013, 10:42 PM
Lmao that had me ROFL. Its like sports Tourettes Syndrome.

Hawkeye15
12-31-2013, 10:50 PM
If they can review fouls then they're going to be reviewing every play and it'll ruin the game. Maybe each team should get a limited number of review requests, who knows.

something needs to be done. You don't need to review everything, just review calls that directly can change the outcome of the game with a single possession.

GSRaider
12-31-2013, 11:12 PM
oh *** hahahaha

BRICKCITYPIMP12
01-01-2014, 12:43 AM
lol..talk bout bein INTO the game.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EERR BODY!!!!!!

NYKnickFanatic
01-01-2014, 02:50 AM
Lmao when he screams Ed Malloy, sounds like Steve Carell getting his chest waxed in The 40 Year Old Virgin haha

Vinny642
01-01-2014, 06:32 AM
Random bursts of screams

PacersForLife
01-01-2014, 07:26 AM
The Ed Malloy part is hilarious.

KnicksorBust
01-01-2014, 04:04 PM
don't understand why they don't review these calls.

The apology by the NBA is garbage. Glad they are admitting mistakes, but they need to put something in place to review immediately, and fix the call.

Fouls are subjective. Unless you want literally every touch to be free throws.

NYSpirit1
01-01-2014, 04:05 PM
something needs to be done. You don't need to review everything, just review calls that directly can change the outcome of the game with a single possession.

Oh I completely agree.

NBA coaches should get 2 or 3 challenges a game to fouls where refs can review whether they made the right call or not.

Coaches could use them strategically throughout the game, but obviously not on non-sense like a moving screen.

This isn't the first time this happened this season. Paul George got a gift call from the refs against the Knicks and got 3 FTs with like 7 seconds left in the game. If Woodson could've challenged, the refs would've seen Shumpert didn't hit him.

Same situation here.

NYSpirit1
01-01-2014, 04:10 PM

You should know from Knick games how often Melo gets fouled and it's never called. If coaches got a couple of challenges a game, it would fix everything.

The Knicks lost to the Raptors on Friday. They folded down the stretch. But the biggest play of the game was when Tim Hardaway Jr. got bulldozed on a layup and it was a no-call late in the 3rd, then the Raptors hit a three. That's inexcusable on every level to have a 5 point swing in a big game for a struggling team because of the referees.

jericho
01-01-2014, 04:57 PM
I'm tired of the league admitting the mistakes and not doing anything to fix it. Like somebody else said a play like that should be reviewable and if not hold the refs accountable for it. Fine them or suspend them but do something about it. It ain't fair that they do this and get away with it and if a player, coach or owner argues about it they get fined. Yeah everybody makes mistakes but I'm pretty sure that in any other job if you make a mistake they do something about not just a lil slap in the hand.

lol, please
01-01-2014, 05:30 PM
:laugh: :laugh:

DreamShaker
01-01-2014, 05:32 PM
Didn't they used to have teams replay the last minute of certain games, or am I just imagining this? Kinda off topic...

KniCks4LiFe
01-01-2014, 05:37 PM
Ed Malloy part had me rolling, but that "OH THAT'S A FOUL!" defines us all. :laugh2:

DreamShaker
01-01-2014, 05:52 PM
Didn't they used to have teams replay the last minute of certain games, or am I just imagining this? Kinda off topic...

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=3192421&src=desktop

I was right. But never over anything like this.

Chronz
01-01-2014, 06:15 PM
Worst call of the year. This and Blakes ejection

ThuglifeJ
01-01-2014, 07:10 PM
honestly boo hoo. It was a foul, but players should be trying to avoid contact on a last second shot not going threw it..he could have adjusted his rise to shoot to get it off.

The Paul Pierce rule has not come into play much at all this year like it was supposed to

KnicksorBust
01-01-2014, 07:15 PM
You should know from Knick games how often Melo gets fouled and it's never called. If coaches got a couple of challenges a game, it would fix everything.

The Knicks lost to the Raptors on Friday. They folded down the stretch. But the biggest play of the game was when Tim Hardaway Jr. got bulldozed on a layup and it was a no-call late in the 3rd, then the Raptors hit a three. That's inexcusable on every level to have a 5 point swing in a big game for a struggling team because of the referees.

Yeah I can't believe they didn't break into live television with that catastrophic disaster that was a missed foul call in the 3rd quarter of a ****** game between two bad teams.

Worst call of the year. This and Blakes ejection

Should there be review of fouls?

Chronz
01-01-2014, 07:23 PM
honestly boo hoo. It was a foul, but players should be trying to avoid contact on a last second shot not going threw it..he could have adjusted his rise to shoot to get it off.

The Paul Pierce rule has not come into play much at all this year like it was supposed to

why should players be doing this?

Hawkeye15

That wasn't subjective. A call like that needs to be reviewed at the end of games. I would be saying this if it were Love that fouled Marion and got away with it. Teams shouldn't get shafted on literally the last possible game changing play because of a blown call by the refs.

Chronz
Should there be review of fouls?

Not according to Battier, and I respect Battier

KnicksorBust
01-01-2014, 07:48 PM
That wasn't subjective. A call like that needs to be reviewed at the end of games. I would be saying this if it were Love that fouled Marion and got away with it. Teams shouldn't get shafted on literally the last possible game changing play because of a blown call by the refs.

I completely disagree. Fouls will always vary from game to game and to act like there is one standard that is called in 100% of games is foolhardy. What will happen is that if you make calls like this reviewable then you will have 30 other plays throughout the course of the game that SHOULD have been fouls but weren't. However, since end of game plays will be reviewable this under the microscope phenomena will produce a situation where any ticky tack contact will be free throws. It will make the game wildly inconsistent and will never exist.

Hawkeye15
01-01-2014, 07:52 PM
I completely disagree. Fouls will always vary from game to game and to act like there is one standard that is called in 100% of games is foolhardy. What will happen is that if you make calls like this reviewable then you will have 30 other plays throughout the course of the game that SHOULD have been fouls but weren't. However, since end of game plays will be reviewable this under the microscope phenomena will produce a situation where any ticky tack contact will be free throws. It will make the game wildly inconsistent and will never exist.

I don't mind the idea of giving each coach 2 challenges.

Look, I know that over the course of 82 games, every single team will get the benefit, and be screwed over, by the officials around the same amount of times. Negating all of this. But when you miss that kind of call in a last second shot attempt, it is embarrassing for the league as a whole.

Sly Guy
01-01-2014, 09:31 PM
this thread is nothing without a video link....I'm sorry, but it just is.

IndyRealist
01-02-2014, 04:06 PM

This. It's time for coach challenge flags in the NBA.

IndyRealist
01-02-2014, 04:14 PM

The flip side of that is defenses shouldn't be allowed to mug you just because it's the last play of the game. If fouls are never called on end-of-game plays, then I'm throwing an elbow at someone's temple, and shoving the defender into my screener.

VikesTwinsWolve
01-03-2014, 03:42 PM
Change the name from Kevin Love to Kevin Durant and this thread would be much different. If it were actually thread worthy.