PDA

View Full Version : Terrence Ross for Aaron Afflalo trade being discussed

spreadeagle
12-31-2013, 08:36 PM
If the Atlantic Division-leading Toronto Raptors decide to become buyers at the NBA trade deadline, reports Zach Lowe of Grantland, then they might target "one of the many proven veterans playing on rebuilding teams," including Orlando Magic swingman Arron Afflalo, the league's 11th-leading scorer at 21.9 points per game.

Adding color to this rumor: Lowe reports that Toronto is likely to use second-year swingman Terrence Ross as trade bait in such a scenario, and Orlando "values Ross highly, per several league sources." Further, Toronto general manager Masai Ujiri helmed the Denver Nuggets during Afflalo's days there.

Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports reported on December 23rd that Orlando had rebuffed all trade offers for Afflalo. The UCLA product has a team-friendly contract, a high talent level, and great character, all of which factors reduce the urgency of trading him.

As Steve Kyler of HOOPSWORLD reported on the 23rd, Orlando seems more open to trading either Jameer Nelson or Glen Davis.

Ross, who turns 23 on February 5th, is averaging nine points and 2.8 rebounds per game on 55.3 percent True Shooting in his second season out of Washington. Toronto made him the eighth overall pick of the 2012 NBA Draft.

The NBA's trading deadline is set for February 20th at 3 PM Eastern.

http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/2013/12/31/5261026/nba-trade-rumors-2013-toronto-raptors-arron-afflalo-terrence-ross

SugeKnight
12-31-2013, 08:48 PM
Rape! At least get Lowry.

KG2TB
12-31-2013, 08:53 PM
Tony Snell, Kirk Hinrich and either a future 1st or Bobcats pick for Afflalo. They can have Teague too.

spreadeagle
12-31-2013, 08:57 PM
would have to be other Raptors involved to make contracts add up

chi-townlove1
12-31-2013, 08:58 PM
Tony Snell, Kirk Hinrich and either a future 1st or Bobcats pick for Afflalo. They can have Teague too.

Wouldn't give up bobcats pick for Afflalo

spreadeagle
12-31-2013, 09:01 PM
Rape! At least get Lowry.

Hes been playing great since Rudy Gay trade, his stats will go way up in the coming months with a starting role, he would fit nice in Orlando with a young rebuilding team

KG2TB
12-31-2013, 09:03 PM
Wouldn't give up bobcats pick for Afflalo

I would since it's looking like it will be in the 15-18 range. Then go out and trade Deng for a young player and 1st rounder. Next year you're starting lineup looks like Rose-Afflalo-Butler-Mirotic-Noah with whatever we get for Deng, Taj, MDJ, Augustin, and our own 1st rounder to fill out the bench.

dalton749
12-31-2013, 09:24 PM
as a toronto fan i absolutely hate this idea

Sly Guy
12-31-2013, 09:26 PM
as a toronto fan i absolutely hate this idea

agreed....TRoss is coming into his own. If we're going to play for the playoffs this year, we should stand pat and see what these guys can do and reevaluate at the end of the season.

shep33
12-31-2013, 09:44 PM
Kind of odd for the Raps to make this deal, no?

ThaDubs
12-31-2013, 09:48 PM
wtf?

RipCity32
12-31-2013, 09:49 PM
Damn, If the magic will do that then why not take Charlie V and KCP. We really Afflalo back right now.

dalton749
12-31-2013, 11:01 PM
Damn, If the magic will do that then why not take Charlie V and KCP. We really Afflalo back right now.

because ross is good.

Sadds The Gr8
01-01-2014, 12:13 AM
I think Afflalo right now is better than Ross will ever be. This might be a fluke year for Afflalo though.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-01-2014, 03:49 AM
Stop anti tanking.

RipCity32
01-01-2014, 04:13 AM
Chad Ford suggest this, Monroe+Stuckey for Afflalo+Harris

shep33
01-01-2014, 04:50 AM

Lol. Didn't the Pistons draft Afflalo and trade him for pretty much nothing?

dtmagnet
01-01-2014, 05:05 AM
Afflalo is a nice player, however Ross is starting to show what he can be. Don't think he'll ever match what AA is doing though.

FriedTofuz
01-01-2014, 05:09 AM
it's a better trade for toronto, but for orlando, they get a young player to develop instead of an old vet like afflalo.

mike_noodles
01-01-2014, 10:40 AM
I think Afflalo right now is better than Ross will ever be. This might be a fluke year for Afflalo though.

Best player on a terrible team, no coincidence. Plus he plays the same position as Demar and is older. This trade makes zero sense. If a GM was trying to save his job by making the playoffs I could understand. But this is not a move for a team trying to build something.

BALLER R
01-01-2014, 10:57 AM
So I wonder if they move Demar to the 3.

BALLER R
01-01-2014, 10:57 AM
Best player on a terrible team, no coincidence. Plus he plays the same position as Demar and is older. This trade makes zero sense. If a GM was trying to save his job by making the playoffs I could understand. But this is not a move for a team trying to build something.

Exactly doesn't make sense.

BKLYNpigeon
01-01-2014, 12:27 PM
Affallo has developed in to a really good player. He's doesnt do anything spectacular, but plays solid basketball. He can score in many different ways, rebounds and has solid defense. He reminds me of a younger version of Iggy or Battier. He's not a superstar, but a very solid player and plays winning basketball.

Wade n Fade
01-01-2014, 01:41 PM
If it is straight up, the Raptors win this deal. The only thing the Magic get out of is the money they owe Affalo, and it's not as bad because he actually is doing well. Ross was a pick made by Coangelo and was a stunner over Drummond. I didn't want Drummond at the time because of the bust potential people constantly talked about, but it would've been the correct pick regardless at the time. Ross is a good dunker and is starting to show his shooting ability. It's not an egregiously bad trade, it's just a bit uneven if 1 for 1.

RipCity32
01-01-2014, 01:52 PM
Lol. Didn't the Pistons draft Afflalo and trade him for pretty much nothing?

Dumars really wanted to finish spending the rest of our funds on Wilcox. So he figured why not trade Afflalo for a second rounder lol.

I Rock Shaqs
01-01-2014, 02:05 PM
Stop anti tanking.

Aren't you supposed to be a fan? Not a dreamer.

Sadds The Gr8
01-01-2014, 02:18 PM

he was also that on last year's Orlando team and his efficiency was way worse. Regardless of his team, right now I'd bet that he's a better player than Ross will ever be. And it's not like Afflalo's in his early-mid 30's...he's 28 in the prime of his career. He should have a good 5 years of basketball left.

Only thing that I might agree with is the positional problem.

mike_noodles
01-01-2014, 02:47 PM
he was also that on last year's Orlando team and his efficiency was way worse. Regardless of his team, right now I'd bet that he's a better player than Ross will ever be. And it's not like Afflalo's in his early-mid 30's...he's 28 in the prime of his career. He should have a good 5 years of basketball left.

It doesn't concern you that this is his only above average efficiency season of his career at 28? And he may very well be better than Ross ever reaches, but Ross has all the tools to be the superior player, inflated PPG aside.

Sadds The Gr8
01-01-2014, 02:52 PM
It doesn't concern you that this is his only above average efficiency season of his career at 28? And he may very well be better than Ross ever reaches, but Ross has all the tools to be the superior player, inflated PPG aside.

That's why I said it might be a fluke year for Afflalo. Even so, I think he's a better role player than Ross anyways. Ross does have the tools but that doesn't always work out. If this trade happened straight up, we'd win this deal.

His 20+PPG doesn't even matter to me...If he puts up 14-16 on good %s while spreading the floor and playing good defense, that's all I'd care about.

BHF
01-01-2014, 03:16 PM

Afflalo is better right now there is no question about that, but better than Ross will ever be? you are just pushing it right now lol Ross can develop in to a nice player.

Sadds The Gr8
01-01-2014, 03:48 PM
Afflalo is better right now there is no question about that, but better than Ross will ever be? you are just pushing it right now lol Ross can develop in to a nice player.

Ross will always be that hit or miss player to me. In that Jamal Crawford/JR Smith mold. I'd rather have Afflalo than that

KnicksorBust
01-01-2014, 03:50 PM

Not true at all.

2010 - 58% TS
2011 - 62% TS
2012 - 58% TS
2013 - 53% TS
2014 - 60% TS

If anything the "fluke" year is the year where he was below average.

LanceUpperCut
01-01-2014, 03:50 PM
That's why I said it might be a fluke year for Afflalo. Even so, I think he's a better role player than Ross anyways. Ross does have the tools but that doesn't always work out. If this trade happened straight up, we'd win this deal.

His 20+PPG doesn't even matter to me...If he puts up 14-16 on good %s while spreading the floor and playing good defense, that's all I'd care about.

I don't know how you can predict what Ross's ceiling will be right now, I think it would be pretty dumb to take trade Ross right now unless it was for a another young up and coming at a different position since we already have DD.

mike_noodles
01-01-2014, 03:52 PM
Not true at all.

2010 - 58% TS
2011 - 62% TS
2012 - 58% TS
2013 - 53% TS
2014 - 60% TS

If anything the "fluke" year is the year where he was below average.

I was talking PER.

Sadds The Gr8
01-01-2014, 04:13 PM
I don't know how you can predict what Ross's ceiling will be right now, I think it would be pretty dumb to take trade Ross right now unless it was for a another young up and coming at a different position since we already have DD.

Ross' ceiling being an inconsistent gunner is my opinion...that's why I'd make the trade...

Sadds The Gr8
01-01-2014, 04:14 PM
I was talking PER.

he's not a shot creator, that's why his PER is low

MagicBucsSox
01-01-2014, 04:14 PM
I'm shocked they're not after Nicholson Harris or Harkless. They're giving up on ross fast. Guy never averaged over 22mpg. I remember Paul George was average his first 3 years, now look

zn23
01-01-2014, 04:33 PM
Ujiri might actually turn this franchise around.

John Walls Era
01-01-2014, 05:11 PM
Raptors need to tank. I just can't see this core competing for a 'ship without a help of a potential star ala Wiggins or Parker. Afflalo would make them better THIS year.

*Superman*
01-01-2014, 05:57 PM

There is no way the Magic trade Harris. At least not in that trade. Plus Monroe is a RFA no need to trade for him when you can always try and make an offer, at best.

Bruno
01-01-2014, 06:13 PM
afflalo is having a great season and is still young. he should be a part of their rebuilding efforts.

R. Johnson#3
01-01-2014, 06:27 PM
Pull the trigger Massai!

R. Johnson#3
01-01-2014, 06:36 PM
Raptor fans constantly talk about Ross' ceiling. What if he never reaches his ceiling? What if he just keep jacking up 3's and never develops a solid all around game. Well now there's Arron Afflalo. A career 46% shooter and 39% 3pt shooter who can actually make a meaningful pass.

Raptor fans, Arron Afflalo is probably better than Terrence Ross ever will be right now. Note how I said probably. Yes Ross might be better, but he might be worse. Regardless of that though, they're a very similar type of player except one has his skills polished and one is developing. I'm one of the few Raptor fans that hopes this trade happens and happens quick. Everyone is so obsessed with Ross' ceiling but he may not even hit it! Trading a potential good player for a proven good player isn't always the best. In this situation it is. I really hope this happens.

KnicksorBust
01-01-2014, 07:22 PM
Raptor fans constantly talk about Ross' ceiling. What if he never reaches his ceiling? What if he just keep jacking up 3's and never develops a solid all around game. Well now there's Arron Afflalo. A career 46% shooter and 39% 3pt shooter who can actually make a meaningful pass.

Raptor fans, Arron Afflalo is probably better than Terrence Ross ever will be right now. Note how I said probably. Yes Ross might be better, but he might be worse. Regardless of that though, they're a very similar type of player except one has his skills polished and one is developing. I'm one of the few Raptor fans that hopes this trade happens and happens quick. Everyone is so obsessed with Ross' ceiling but he may not even hit it! Trading a potential good player for a proven good player isn't always the best. In this situation it is. I really hope this happens.

To me there is no question. This is a slam dunk for the Raptors. Afflalo is significantly better than Ross will ever be. It's amazing how this season has changed. The idea that the Raptors could be buyers right now is shocking.

Cal827
01-01-2014, 07:27 PM
To me there is no question. This is a slam dunk for the Raptors. Afflalo is significantly better than Ross will ever be. It's amazing how this season has changed. The idea that the Raptors could be buyers right now is shocking.

Believe me, we are just as surprised as you are lol

Htownballa1622
01-01-2014, 07:36 PM
That's all it takes to get AA?

That'd be a huge win for the Raptors.

GrumpyOldMan
01-01-2014, 07:41 PM
I dont think the trade can be made straight up can it? There has to be more salary heading to Orlando. It all depends on who the Magic are willing to take along with Ross whether I would do the trade or not. If they will take Fields then it's a no brainer as far as I'm concerned.

bucketss
01-01-2014, 07:50 PM
i'd rather keep the homegrown talent.

BALLER R
01-01-2014, 07:52 PM
Never understand how people can say he's better than Ross can ever be. That's just ignorance.

BHF
01-01-2014, 08:20 PM
That's all it takes to get AA?

That'd be a huge win for the Raptors.

What do you mean that's all? Ross is a beast.

RLundi
01-01-2014, 09:04 PM

I wouldn't mind Ross but let's not pretend he's a comparable player to Afflalo thus far.

BHF
01-01-2014, 09:07 PM
I wouldn't mind Ross but let's not pretend he's a comparable player to Afflalo thus far.

Affalo is a better player right now but Ross is much younger and has potential to be a really good player.

KnicksorBust
01-01-2014, 09:07 PM
Believe me, we are just as surprised as you are lol

Made me :laugh:

Never understand how people can say he's better than Ross can ever be. That's just ignorance.

You couldn't be me wrong. You act as if the jump from decent 2nd year player to 21ppg scorer on 58%TS is easy. What Afflalo is doing with his near 20 PER is All-Star caliber and almost all-nba worthy. Ross was picked 8th overall in the draft. Here is some draft history for you:

2013 Kentavious Caldwell-Pope Georgia Detroit
2012 Terrence Ross Washington Toronto
2011 Brandon Knight Kentucky Detroit
2010 Al-Farouq Aminu Wake Forest LA Clippers
2009 Jordan Hill Arizona New York
2008 Joe Alexander West Virgina Milwaukee
2007 Brandan Wright North Carolina Charlotte
2006 Rudy Gay Connecticut Memphis
2005 Channing Frye Arizona Sr. New York
2004 Rafael Araujo BYU Sr. Toronto
2003 TJ Ford Texas So. Milwaukee
2002 Chris Wilcox Maryland So. LA Clippers
2001 DeSagana Diop Oak Hill HSSr. Cleveland

Ignorance would be assuming it will be easy for someone like Ross to match Afflalo's production. Raptors should be all over this.

Htownballa1622
01-01-2014, 09:31 PM

Let's be for real. Ross is just that. POTENTIAL.

koreancabbage
01-01-2014, 09:38 PM

You couldn't be me wrong. You act as if the jump from decent 2nd year player to 21ppg scorer on 58%TS is easy. What Afflalo is doing with his near 20 PER is All-Star caliber and almost all-nba worthy. Ross was picked 8th overall in the draft. Here is some draft history for you:

Ignorance would be assuming it will be easy for someone like Ross to match Afflalo's production. Raptors should be all over this.

being drafted #8 doesn't mean **** LOL

but Afflalo is the better player right now. But we don't need to make the trade. Terrence Ross is the player the Raptors need. When JVal or Demar get doubled team- its the pitch out to Ross that makes him very effective.

BHF
01-01-2014, 09:38 PM
Let's be for real. Ross is just that. POTENTIAL.

Let's be real you have never seen Ross play, Affalo is 28 years old already.

Guppyfighter
01-01-2014, 09:43 PM
Raptors need to tank. I just can't see this core competing for a 'ship without a help of a potential star ala Wiggins or Parker. Afflalo would make them better THIS year.

Teams don't really tank as much as we'd like to think and it is not as needed as people think as well. Most teams aren't the Thunder. Rockets didn't. Pacers didn't. Spurs haven't in 15 years. Heat didn't, etc.

I can't even remember the last time a team has won a championship on tanking. The Thunder are the closet.

Sly Guy
01-01-2014, 10:05 PM
TRoss is really going off since the Gay trade, how he's playing against Indy right now is just another night in his continued growth. I really don't think the raps are looking to move him.

Htownballa1622
01-01-2014, 10:27 PM
Let's be real you have never seen Ross play, Affalo is 28 years old already.

actually I have seen Ross play. I followed him a lot during the draft process. That was the year my rockets had THREE first round picks.

Nice try talking out your @$$.

Afflalo may be 28 but he's a solid two way player. At this point we don't know what Ross will max out at. All potential.

Not to say he won't reach it but how many guys never reach their potential?

That's why it's a win for Raptors to get AA imo.

zn23
01-01-2014, 10:29 PM
If anyone watched the Pacers-Raps game, Ross showed off his big potential. Pretty much shut down Paul George the whole game and had a really nice offensive game as well.

He can be a very good player in a couple years. He's still raw, 2 years away from breaking out. But he has a really big potential.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-01-2014, 10:31 PM

Their games are pretty different though. Afflalo can play SF the way Ross is so there is some merit of the trade helping us out. But yea, I agree this is not the right move for us if we want to rebuild.

spreadeagle
01-01-2014, 10:36 PM
If anyone watched the Pacers-Raps game, Ross showed off his big potential. Pretty much shut down Paul George the whole game and had a really nice offensive game as well.

He can be a very good player in a couple years. He's still raw, 2 years away from breaking out. But he has a really big potential.

Ya he has some big defensive plays to help ice the game

BHF
01-01-2014, 10:38 PM
actually I have seen Ross play. I followed him a lot during the draft process. That was the year my rockets had THREE first round picks.

Nice try talking out your @$$.

Afflalo may be 28 but he's a solid two way player. At this point we don't know what Ross will max out at. All potential.

Not to say he won't reach it but how many guys never reach their potential?

That's why it's a win for Raptors to get AA imo.

Its obvious you have never seen Ross play because if you did you would know that its not just potential and that he is already good. So yeah nice try talking out of your ***. Its a win if the raps are looking to win right now but its a loss in a long term.

Jays Claw
01-01-2014, 10:39 PM
Trading Ross in the midst of the Raps' hot streak can really mess with things - especially considering how close he is with the core of DeRozan/Lowry/Amir/JVal and well he's playing overall.

ramz.n
ross is averaging 14 ppg and shooting close to 47% from 3 as a starter...comparing statics over there careers, ross is slightly better when comparing there sophomore season

John Walls Era

Pretty dumb.

So teams should just trade their 8th pick for a lower pick straight up based on how teams in the past used the 8th pick. Nice logic.

Htownballa1622
01-01-2014, 10:43 PM
Its obvious you have never seen Ross play because if you did you would know that its not just potential and that he is already good. So yeah nice try talking out of your ***. Its a win if the raps are looking to win right now but its a loss in a long term.

K. Someone has a man crush on T.Ross. it's cool.

And once again I've seen Ross play plenty. Thanks.

albertajaysfan
01-01-2014, 10:51 PM

How recently did you see him play? The reason I ask is because he has shown a fair amount of growth just in the last month and a half.

As much as this trade would be a win for the Raps this season it makes no sense long term.

RipCity32
01-01-2014, 10:51 PM
Maybe the Raptors should hold off on this trade. Ross has a chance to be a really good player himself and is much younger on a rookie pay scale.

John Walls Era
01-01-2014, 10:52 PM
TRoss must've heard this. That was by far his most complete 2 way game.

zn23
01-01-2014, 10:53 PM
Maybe the Raptors should hold off on this trade. Ross has a chance to be a really good player himself and is much younger on a rookie pay scale.

That's what I'm starting to think as well. When I see him play like he did tonight against the Pacers, I say maybe they should hold off. Cause he can be better than Afflalo, who is pretty much maxed out at this point. Ross hasn't even reach his potential, he's still developing.

BHF
01-01-2014, 10:56 PM

Saying Ross is already good is having a man crush? Again its obvious you have not seen Ross play.

BHF
01-01-2014, 10:57 PM

agree.

Tmath
01-01-2014, 10:57 PM
I don't believe any trade rumours anymore. In Masai's short time in Toronto, both his trades (Bargs/Gay) came out of no where.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-01-2014, 10:58 PM

What makes the situation complicated is the timing. If the Raptors want to make the playoffs and force a deeper run, then either Ross needs to develop faster (to have a bigger impact) or they have to trade him for someone more developed already. By next year, there will be too much turnover (quite a few FA and coaching not under contract) in the organization and we will have to restart the process.

Htownballa1622
01-01-2014, 11:01 PM
How recently did you see him play? The reason I ask is because he has shown a fair amount of growth just in the last month and a half.

As much as this trade would be a win for the Raps this season it makes no sense long term.
I may have seen 2 or 3 games since the Rudy trade. Obviously not a huge sample size but I've seen him a bunch this year.

I'll take word from it. Maybe I'm overrating afflalo but I just am not sure if this is fair value right now.

North Yorker
01-01-2014, 11:01 PM
What makes the situation complicated is the timing. If the Raptors want to make the playoffs, then either Ross needs to develop faster or they have to trade him for someone more developed already.

That's not really true. With the way the East is they will make the playoffs whether Ross develops quickly or doesn't.

RipCity32
01-01-2014, 11:02 PM
What makes the situation complicated is the timing. If the Raptors want to make the playoffs and force a deeper run, then either Ross needs to develop faster (to have a bigger impact) or they have to trade him for someone more developed already. By next year, there will be too much turnover (quite a few FA and coaching not under contract) in the organization and we will have to restart the process.

I'm sure you guys will have no problem making the playoffs. Just get in and get your young guys some playoff experience. Afflalo won't put you past Indiana or Miami anyways. Ross being so cheap and productive is probably a better fit for you right now then Afflalo.

Htownballa1622
01-01-2014, 11:03 PM
Saying Ross is already good is having a man crush? Again its obvious you have not seen Ross play.

No but saying he's all potential is apparently not seeing him either?

Your logic. Not mine. I never said Ross wasn't good.

But once again. Talk out your ***.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-01-2014, 11:14 PM
That's not really true. With the way the East is they will make the playoffs whether Ross develops quickly or doesn't.

Yea, I added more.

mike_noodles
01-01-2014, 11:14 PM
I think tonight should ice it for most.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-01-2014, 11:15 PM
I'm sure you guys will have no problem making the playoffs. Just get in and get your young guys some playoff experience. Afflalo won't put you past Indiana or Miami anyways. Ross being so cheap and productive is probably a better fit for you right now then Afflalo.

Getting past the 1st round will be easier with Afflalo than Ross. Next year will be similar. I think the East will go back to being more respectable so we'd need more development if they want to make another playoff push and deeper run.

KnicksorBust
01-01-2014, 11:16 PM

Pretty dumb.

So teams should just trade their 8th pick for a lower pick straight up based on how teams in the past used the 8th pick. Nice logic.

Strawman. The point which you and the other poster missed is simple. Picks putside of the top 3-4 rarely pan out to producing a player the caliber of Afflalo. I could have just as easily shown this with pick 7 or pick 9.

albertajaysfan
01-01-2014, 11:17 PM
I may have seen 2 or 3 games since the Rudy trade. Obviously not a huge sample size but I've seen him a bunch this year.

I'll take word from it. Maybe I'm overrating afflalo but I just am not sure if this is fair value right now.

I just don't think it makes sense for the franchise on a grand scale. I am not taking anything away from Afflalo. He is having a remarkable season. But as someone else mentioned he isn't going to get us past Miami or Indiana.

Htownballa1622
01-01-2014, 11:37 PM
I just don't think it makes sense for the franchise on a grand scale. I am not taking anything away from Afflalo. He is having a remarkable season. But as someone else mentioned he isn't going to get us past Miami or Indiana.

I feel u on that. Well maybe taking a gamble on keeping Ross is the best bet.

I ,for one, hopes he reaches his potential. The game is dying for some break out wing players

Sadds The Gr8
01-01-2014, 11:37 PM
Getting past the 1st round will be easier with Afflalo than Ross. Next year will be similar. I think the East will go back to being more respectable so we'd need more development if they want to make another playoff push and deeper run.

That's always been my argument and my worry about not trading lowry/competing for a playoff spot this year. Don't want to be back to same old 9-12 seed craptors next season

Tony_Starks
01-01-2014, 11:39 PM
Orlando would be smoking if they did that. Afflalo should be one of the their building blocks....

Raps18-19 Champ
01-02-2014, 12:49 AM
That's always been my argument and my worry about not trading lowry/competing for a playoff spot this year. Don't want to be back to same old 9-12 seed craptors next season

The FA class next year is pretty solid and can still change the East. So many injuries have occurred as well. Not to mention that this team alone will have so many changes that it is impossible to predict next year and say we should build on that (when important roles of the Raptors right now might not even be there).

LanceUpperCut
01-02-2014, 01:42 AM
The FA class next year is pretty solid and can still change the East. So many injuries have occurred as well. Not to mention that this team alone will have so many changes that it is impossible to predict next year and say we should build on that (when important roles of the Raptors right now might not even be there).

Re-sign Lowry and Grevis is a nice back up but anyone else who's expiring is very replaceable, actually very easy to upgrade.

John Walls Era
01-02-2014, 01:56 AM
Why not trade Lowry while his value is high. Derozan is slowly becoming one of their best pieces so I'm not sure they would want to trade him.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-02-2014, 01:58 AM
Re-sign Lowry and Grevis is a nice back up but anyone else who's expiring is very replaceable, actually very easy to upgrade.

Lowry will demand like $10 mil in the market alone. Will we even have enough cap space to make a big enough upgrade that outweighs development of some young players in the East that have superstar potential, new draft pick and FA signings?

FriedTofuz
01-02-2014, 02:15 AM
trade lowry. suck for a draft pick, and then re-sign lowry ;)