PDA

View Full Version : Is Dumars one of the worst GMs in the league?

RipCity32
12-31-2013, 03:11 PM
I want to call him the worse but its hard to with those clowns running the NY teams. Dumars finally gets his capspace back after he wasted it 5 years ago and what does he do. The same damn thing as before. Our frontcourt was our only strong point so he decides to spend all of our money on a cancerous frontcourt player that will be forced to play out of position. He did the samething a few years ago with our backcourt and basically destroyed Rip by signing him to a big extension and bringing in Ben Gordon on a big contract. The guy is a complete moron and got completely lucky with his championship. To top it off he fires every coach when they can't win with his dysfunctional rosters he gives them. He has no idea how to assemble a team in today's league. He will just sign anyone who he thinks is good regardless of fit. So I ask where would you rank him right now as a GM?

Vinylman
12-31-2013, 03:13 PM
yes

next question

shep33
12-31-2013, 03:21 PM
Yup

RipCity32
12-31-2013, 03:26 PM
He even traded Afflalo for second rounder so he could sign Wilcox lol.

beasted86
12-31-2013, 03:28 PM
Yes, epically bad.

RipCity32
12-31-2013, 04:08 PM
yes

next question

Next Question is, Will you take Josh Smith off our hands?

Ebbs
12-31-2013, 04:11 PM
Josh Smith + Augustine to Rockets
Luol Deng to Pistons
J.Lin, Asik, to Bulls.

True Sports Fan
12-31-2013, 04:11 PM
I'd take him off your hands for free :)

RipCity32
12-31-2013, 04:13 PM
Luol Deng to Pistons
J.Lin, Asik, to Bulls.

Sign me up

Vinylman
12-31-2013, 04:17 PM
Next Question is, Will you take Josh Smith off our hands?

No

Next Question

Heediot
12-31-2013, 04:20 PM
Yeah. He got lucky in assembling that Championship Piston team in the early century. His drafting is solid but his FA signings are the terrible.

Vinylman
12-31-2013, 04:23 PM
Yeah. He got lucky in assembling that Championship Piston team in the early century. His drafting is solid but his FA signings are the terrible.

:speechless: :speechless: :speechless: :speechless:

TheNumber37
12-31-2013, 04:50 PM
... Didn't he win a title with Pistons, making the steal of the year in getting Sheed.

He's been pretty bad of late, but hardly the worst.
If he trades Monroe for a more traditional 3, that Can shoot, all of sudden he is good again.

Asik's better
12-31-2013, 04:56 PM
Luol Deng to Pistons
J.Lin, Asik, to Bulls.
No

DreamShaker
12-31-2013, 05:25 PM
No

Lol.

astonmartin10
12-31-2013, 05:34 PM
I don't like the Jennings addition either. Front court with Monroe and Drummond is beautiful. They should have waited and not sign Smith

GiantsSwaGG
12-31-2013, 05:35 PM
Signing Josh Smith was stupid. Dumars is one of the worst GM's in basketball

DreamShaker
12-31-2013, 05:39 PM
Dumars has had some great moves, and some horrible moves.

He put a championship team together from scratch, so that is why he's still there. None of the core championship players were there when he got there. Then he blew the Darko pick, signed mediocre players to bloated contracts, and keeps firing his coaches. But he DID get Drummond and Monroe. So he seems like lately, he does just enough to keep his job. No telling how long it lasts, though. Pistons have sucked for awhile now.

DreamShaker
12-31-2013, 05:50 PM
I don't like the Jennings addition either. Front court with Monroe and Drummond is beautiful. They should have waited and not sign Smith

Yeah...Dumars has been attracted to splashy moves with no real plan for how they are actually going to play out as of late. The thing that made that championship team so unique was the fact that it was an island of misfit toys that came together to truly make a team. They were a selfless team that played elite defense. They knew who they were, and how they wanted to play. Signing or trading for guys like Iverson, Jennings, Smith, Gordon, and Charlie V was the exact opposite of what made the Pistons great. A bunch of odd fits with no identity.

THE MTL
12-31-2013, 06:01 PM
The GMs running New York teams make Dumars look like a genius.

Ebbs
12-31-2013, 06:32 PM
The GMs running New York teams make Dumars look like a genius.

That's so inxeplicably wrong.

The Nets are in the worst spot of any NBA franchise by a large margin.

Their two best players are injury prone. Their next three players have all regressed immensely. Their in the tax. They don't have a first round pick for five years. And they just bought this brand new damn arena. . .

Don't confuse things.

IversonIsKrazy
12-31-2013, 06:50 PM
I just remember, DET had a lot of $$ for 2010 summer, then he signed Charlie-V & Ben Gordon to overpaid contracts in 2009 lol. And this season, the Monroe/Drummond combo looked like something to be excited abt, but then he signs Josh Smith to mess it up lol

JasonJohnHorn
12-31-2013, 09:37 PM
Josh Smith was a good signing.. having him and Jennings... you can pack those guys up for Rondo! (wishful thinking on my part, I know).

There are few GMS who have built a champion in this league. Dumars is one of them.

I have been unhappy with some moves, but I realize he's had certain restrictions as well. I don't think anybody was expect Smith's FG and 3pt percentage to be career lows. The team's record is more about coaching I think.

I love Cheeks, but Jennings and Smith are getting TOO many shots. Monroe isn't getting to run plays from the post either. They need to do that more. If Drummond and Monroe were taking 16-18 shots a game each, instead of Smith and Jennings, this team would be over >500

I think Smith and Jennings were brought in because they were the best available options and can be used as trade bait.

I miss Jose Calderon... they should call up Dallas and do a swap for Jose.

Seriously... Dumars brought in Monroe and Drummond.... he's done some good drafting and some bad, but he's bee inovative with looking to Europe with Luigi.... it doesn't always work out, but we'll see how things go. He has some trade pieces.

Cheeks has got to reign in the shots Smith and Jennings are missing though... that is CRAZY!

Hawkeye15
12-31-2013, 11:16 PM
not on his body of work, but he has been old news for over a half decade obviously.

Hawkeye15
12-31-2013, 11:18 PM
I just remember, DET had a lot of $$ for 2010 summer, then he signed Charlie-V & Ben Gordon to overpaid contracts in 2009 lol. And this season, the Monroe/Drummond combo looked like something to be excited abt, but then he signs Josh Smith to mess it up lol

Gordon has just come off a boss series for Chicago, but yeah, terrible moves. I don't get why he didn't just address the wing for real instead of signing Smith, and let Monroe/Drummond be his frontcourt of the future.

Hawkeye15
12-31-2013, 11:19 PM
Imagine if they had taken Wade or Bosh in 2003, with that squad?

shep33
12-31-2013, 11:40 PM

Darko... my goodness. What a blunder.

mike_noodles
01-01-2014, 10:50 AM
That's so inxeplicably wrong.

The Nets are in the worst spot of any NBA franchise by a large margin.

Their two best players are injury prone. Their next three players have all regressed immensely. Their in the tax. They don't have a first round pick for five years. And they just bought this brand new damn arena. . .

Don't confuse things.

PSD... the place where facts don't matter. It is impossible for the Nets to not have a pick for 5 straight seasons going forward under the current CBA.

Hawkeye15
01-01-2014, 03:15 PM
Darko... my goodness. What a blunder.

remember though, Darko was a huge potential guy. 7 footer who could dribble, pass, and shoot. Alas, he ended up on the end of Detroit's bench and rotted away until he just felt sorry for himself and wasted his potential. But yeah, Wade or Bosh would have forced their way into playing time, they are much stronger mentally than Darko could ever hope for.

KnicksorBust
01-01-2014, 03:54 PM
remember though, Darko was a huge potential guy. 7 footer who could dribble, pass, and shoot. Alas, he ended up on the end of Detroit's bench and rotted away until he just felt sorry for himself and wasted his potential. But yeah, Wade or Bosh would have forced their way into playing time, they are much stronger mentally than Darko could ever hope for.

Different team you think he becomes an all-star?

kingsdelez24
01-01-2014, 04:38 PM

Everyone on Serbia and even his teammates in the NBA thought he was the Manna from Heaven early.

He had an entire package of skills and still tons of potential. His confidence died when Larry Brown and Flip Saunders used him as a human victory cigar. I remember when he got traded and played really well for orlando in the 2007 playoffs, then they didn't even pick up hos qualifying offer which turned into the final blow on deciding whether he'd be an all-star or bust.

Imagine Vlade Divac but quicker and more athletic. THAT'S how good he was supposed to be

naps
01-02-2014, 05:11 AM
Easily. I can't even fathom how the hell he still manages to hold on to this job. He must be a supreme mind fcuker who can use it when matters with his owner.

Hawkeye15
01-02-2014, 05:21 AM

No, I don't think he was mentally strong enough.

Heediot
01-02-2014, 05:30 AM

Bosh would of been nice, but i don't think they win another Ship with him. If they had dratted Wade, that would of been a mini dynasty at least.

Raps_93
01-02-2014, 07:18 PM

Maybe. Significantly better at least.Detroit ruined his potential and stunted his growth.Ruined his psyche.