PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Getting Votes For the All-Star Game This Season is Wrong

Wade n Fade
12-30-2013, 02:06 AM
I think we have a major issue with the way people vote for the All-Star Game. It's just too much of a popularity contest when people vote for All-Stars. I don't do things as biased as others because I give my picks to those based off merit. Kobrick has been injured for most of the season and played bad because of his turnovers and lack of his normal shooting touch. He's old. If Derek Jeter was voted into the MLB All-Star game hitting .190 and playing anemically, I would be one annoyed Yankee fan because he wouldn't deserve it in that situation. I just ask if people can be a bit more objective in general for voting because Kobrick doesn't deserve it this year.

Cal827
12-30-2013, 02:23 AM
Unfortunately, it is what it is to the casual fan.

It was a few years ago where T-Mcgrady and Allen Iverson were voted into the game as starters, despite Mcgrady missing pretty much all of the season, and Iverson missed half the year due to refusing to play for Memphis' bench, then went back to play average ball with the 76ers.

It's just a shame that their voting usually costs someone having a break-out or a great year from the recognition.

sunsfan88
12-30-2013, 02:27 AM
Kobe, Carmelo, Kyrie shouldn't make it.

They should make it like the NFL Pro Bowl and eliminate conferences and just let the best players in the league get in. Only like a handful of players from the East deserve to make it.

NetsPaint
12-30-2013, 02:27 AM
Kobrick LOL.

Wade n Fade
12-30-2013, 02:35 AM
Kobe, Carmelo, Kyrie shouldn't make it.

They should make it like the NFL Pro Bowl and eliminate conferences and just let the best players in the league get in. Only like a handful of players from the East deserve to make it.

They made a small step towards that, which was eliminating the need to vote for specific positions. If someone wants to, they can vote for 5 PGs. Well, I am a fan of sabremetrics or statistical analysis of some sort, so players with a PER filter would be amazing, like making 20 or higher eligible. Melo would qualify because of his scorer's touch, but his shooting percentage is just atrocious at times. I didn't vote for Melo either. I gave my votes to Paul George and LBJ for SFs.

Mr_Jones
12-30-2013, 02:36 AM
I think we have a major issue with the way people vote for the All-Star Game. It's just too much of a popularity contest when people vote for All-Stars. I don't do things as biased as others because I give my picks to those based off merit. Kobrick has been injured for most of the season and played bad because of his turnovers and lack of his normal shooting touch. He's old. If Derek Jeter was voted into the MLB All-Star game hitting .190 and playing anemically, I would be one annoyed Yankee fan because he wouldn't deserve it in that situation. I just ask if people can be a bit more objective in general for voting because Kobrick doesn't deserve it this year.

Kobrick coming from a poor shooter in Wade.. Ironic.

Nothing wrong with Wade but you shouldn't bait or else you might get it back.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-30-2013, 02:36 AM
u mad bro

shep33
12-30-2013, 02:37 AM
He's injured and shouldn't make it, I agree. Not really in his control or the ASG's control though.

ModernDaySavage
12-30-2013, 02:40 AM
It's about popularity, is this really thread worthy?

Wade n Fade
12-30-2013, 02:40 AM

Poor shooter? Look at Wade's stats recently. 2013: 54%, 2012: 52.1%, 2011: 49.7%, 2010: 50%. Averages 49% for his career.

Kobe: 2013: 42.5%, 2012: 46.3%, 2011:43%, 2010: 45.1%. Averages 45.4% for his career.

Sorry, but the math favors Wade.

Supreme LA
12-30-2013, 02:52 AM
He mad.

stawka
12-30-2013, 02:57 AM
That's what happens with fan voting - unfortunately. It's always been the case

Kobe this year? Rose last year? Jeremy Lin? Yao in his rookie year over Shaq? Iverson? T-Mac?

It's been happening for a long time and it most likely will continue to happen

Chronz
12-30-2013, 03:04 AM
Unfortunately, it is what it is to the casual fan.

It was a few years ago where T-Mcgrady and Allen Iverson were voted into the game as starters, despite Mcgrady missing pretty much all of the season, and Iverson missed half the year due to refusing to play for Memphis' bench, then went back to play average ball with the 76ers.

It's just a shame that their voting usually costs someone having a break-out or a great year from the recognition.

Im pretty sure Tmac never made it under such circumstances. In fact I recall him turning fans off by telling them to stop voting for him.

Matter.
12-30-2013, 03:22 AM

Poor shooter? Look at Wade's stats recently. 2013: 54%, 2012: 52.1%, 2011: 49.7%, 2010: 50%. Averages 49% for his career.

Kobe: 2013: 42.5%, 2012: 46.3%, 2011:43%, 2010: 45.1%. Averages 45.4% for his career.

More math, Wade shoots 29% from beyond the arc while Kobe shoots 33.5% Career wise.

Free Throw shooting for wade is 77%., Kobe shoots 84%...
Shooting numbers could be anything :) and didn't wade play 40-50 games in 2011 and he got voted in?

P&GRealist
12-30-2013, 04:07 AM
You call yourself as someone without a biased viewpoint yet you show your biased hate towards the man by calling him Kobrick. Interesting. Perhaps it's in your best interest to bait elsewhere.

Mcdoh
12-30-2013, 04:11 AM
#kobesystem.. but i agree he shouldn't be an all-star this year..

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-30-2013, 04:15 AM
Best SG in the league.

Wade is washed up, Harden is good at shooting free throws....rest is trash

Mr_Jones
12-30-2013, 04:15 AM

Then Shaq must be a very good shooter.

slashsnake
12-30-2013, 04:16 AM
It's the all-star game. Who really cares. Its who people want to see, a popularity contest. The all NBA teams are more where you'd want to look of who deserves to be called the best players in the league

Lakers + Giants
12-30-2013, 04:18 AM
All it is at this point is a label, for kobe.

You have to be a serious kobe homer to think this "AS" will add to kobe's legacy or a serious kobe hater to think this actually matters.

Like I said, for kobe, it's just gonna be a label, all real basketball fans know he's not an AS, he won't even play in the game let alone start. So honestly there is no reason to *****. At the end of the day, the players that deserve it will play the Guard Spot in the AS game, so this honestly does not matter at all. just my 2 cents.

sunsfan88
12-30-2013, 04:27 AM
All it is at this point is a label, for kobe.

You have to be a serious kobe homer to think this "AS" will add to kobe's legacy or a serious kobe hater to think this actually matters.

Like I said, for kobe, it's just gonna be a label, all real basketball fans know he's not an AS, he won't even play in the game let alone start. So honestly there is no reason to *****. At the end of the day, the players that deserve it will play the Guard Spot in the AS game, so this honestly does not matter at all. just my 2 cents.

You think Kobe will sit it out if he gets voted in?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-30-2013, 04:41 AM

Colby will shoot da ball

Lakers + Giants
12-30-2013, 05:02 AM

Would he if were able to play? Hell no

Will he be able to play? Hell no

I think he's done for the year tbh.

sunsfan88
12-30-2013, 05:13 AM
Would he if were able to play? Hell no

Will he be able to play? Hell no

I think he's done for the year tbh.
Eh Kobe's crazy. His competitive spirit is too much for him to sit out for the year even if that's what his body wants him to do.

You know Kobe's gonna go out there and put in 150% effort even if he's on a wheel chair.

Shlumpledink
12-30-2013, 05:44 AM
There are only 3 or 4 spots that are actually won by merit. The rest is popularity. How the popularity is attained varies too. Being good and being popular are two different concepts.

The league doesn't really care, they want as many people to watch as possible, they aren't really interested in anything else. It has worked out pretty well for them so far.

ThaDubs
12-30-2013, 05:49 AM
kobrick coming from a poor shooter in wade.. Ironic.

Nothing wrong with wade but you shouldn't bait or else you might get it back.

54% fg

ThaDubs
12-30-2013, 05:50 AM
There are only 3 or 4 spots that are actually won by merit. The rest is popularity. How the popularity is attained varies too. Being good and being popular are two different concepts.

The league doesn't really care, they want as many people to watch as possible, they aren't really interested in anything else. It has worked out pretty well for them so far.

Hm. Reminds me of the music industry.

PhillyFaninLA
12-30-2013, 06:46 AM
Welcome to fan voting in any sport....this happens every year in the NBA and MLB allstar games

stawka
12-30-2013, 07:36 AM

If I remember correctly, he was injured a few years back but still played about 10 or so minutes in the ASG. I know it's the fans vote and all that jazz, but he should definitely sit this one out. His ego probably won't let him, but we shall see

Badluck33
12-30-2013, 07:39 AM
Didn't Yao Ming get in one year even tho he got injured at beginning of season??

slashsnake
12-30-2013, 08:08 AM
Well maybe it is just me, but I guess the best comparison I have is that complaining about a player not deserving to make the all-star game based on his on court merit is like complaining that someone shouldn't have won Miss America because you didn't think her answer to a judges question was well researched.

NYKNYGNYY
12-30-2013, 09:09 AM
Dude played only 6 games I get the respect factor but he'll take the spot of a player who deserves it ,not his fault if he makes it but he won't be healthy even if he is the lakers won't want him to play. Not that the game matters but still

goingfor28
12-30-2013, 09:15 AM
I'm sure he will return one week before the game and start. So stupid

OlivaThor
12-30-2013, 09:20 AM
I wouldn´t mind it and i´m not even a big fan of kobe. But its called all star game and he still is one of the biggest names in the NBA so if he could play, he would made the game more entertainment.

BALLER R
12-30-2013, 09:54 AM
I've been saying this since Yao Ming was in the league.

PurpleLynch
12-30-2013, 10:05 AM
Kobe shouldn't be in the ASG,but almost every ****in award,even the MVP is a popularity contest.

Also,OP,Kobrick?Really?
Bait in another forum please.

YoungOne
12-30-2013, 10:36 AM
its only wrong when kobe gets votes?

LongIslandIcedZ
12-30-2013, 10:52 AM
If Lebron were hurt, he'd be getting voted in as well.

Popular players get voted in... This seems like a "bash Kobe" thread.

jaydubb
12-30-2013, 10:53 AM
Op es muy loco... Comes in here makes a thread says he's not biased but calls kobe kobrick then goes on trying to argue why wade is a better shooter.. GTFO here with that..

I will reply to thread tho, this is the all star game and stars are supposed to be in it.. Kobe has been one of the biggest stars for almost the last 2 decades.. When he leaves the game, he will leave behind an amazing legacy that will be talked about for years.. Why not get voted in so more ppl can see him play even if it is a shell of himself.. If it wasn't fan voting and he got
In then it'd be a problem but it is and that's who the fans want to see.. Just because ppl like op are biased against him and can't stand the sight of him in the all star game doesn't mean other voters don't want to see him play..

lakersiznumber1
12-30-2013, 11:04 AM

it's called an all star game the point of it is too see the players you want to see in one game. Its the peoples vote get over it - it is not the all nba first team. If brian scalabrine was on the list he would have made it too.

blahblahyoutoo
12-30-2013, 11:47 AM
Didn't Yao Ming get in one year even tho he got injured at beginning of season??

because china.

nickdymez
12-30-2013, 12:15 PM
Kobrick? This isnt a bait thread is it? Because there are countless players, injured or otherwise that get voted in and dont deserve to. Kobrick? Did any mods see that?

RLundi
12-30-2013, 12:16 PM
Who cares? The ASG really means nothing.

nickdymez
12-30-2013, 12:25 PM
If Lebron were hurt, he'd be getting voted in as well.

Popular players get voted in... This seems like a "bash Kobe" thread.

Exactly what it is. Three pages long with 70% Heat fans...

Slug3
12-30-2013, 12:42 PM
Everyone needs to stop hating Kobe over this and stop bashing him, Wade, harder and etc over this crap. It's you all the fans fault. Now I'm not blaming you all in here, but the general fan usually just votes in the popular players.

BKLYNpigeon
12-30-2013, 12:48 PM
Why Not?? Kobe Should be in, if he is VOTED in.

the ASG is a exhibition game voted by FANS and its a game for the FANS.

if you leave voting to the fans, then its a popularity contest. its not about stats or games won. if Michael Jordan was on the Ballot, EVERYONE would vote for him.

they should only let coaches and players to vote for the Players in the ASG.

beliges
12-30-2013, 01:35 PM
Eh its kobe. He is still the biggest star in basketball globally. Its hard to have an all star game and not have the games biggest star.

Wade n Fade
12-30-2013, 01:48 PM
I would love it if the NBA reduced the size of who people can vote for. Regulating it prevents people from misusing their votes.

Bruno
12-30-2013, 03:43 PM
it should be irrelevant.

the coaches will replace him with a player of their choosing, a player who deserves to play.

what would be more unfair is if he suited up and played. which is possible depending on the time table.

still1ballin
12-30-2013, 03:46 PM
Who cares???

lol, please
12-30-2013, 04:06 PM

I agree, but that's how the all star games are these days in professional sports, they are popularity contests not true assemblies of superior talent.

When people like Kobe this year, or freaking Brandon Belt and Freddie Sanchez get on the ballot for the SF Giants a few seasons back, you know that getting all star recognition has lost all value, minus media attention, which isn't always a good thing anyway.

sunsfan88
12-30-2013, 07:36 PM
If I remember correctly, he was injured a few years back but still played about 10 or so minutes in the ASG. I know it's the fans vote and all that jazz, but he should definitely sit this one out. His ego probably won't let him, but we shall see

This is the same guy who when asked about taking a paycut to help LAL sign more than 1 max player replied "Hell no, I'm gonna try to get as much as I can".

Hawkeye15
12-30-2013, 08:33 PM
why did the OP need to bait?

The ASG is a popularity game. Anyone with a problem with fan voting needs to chill out and worry about other things.