PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Bynum Suspended Indefinitely

black1605
12-28-2013, 12:09 PM
David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt 12m
Whoa: Cavs announce Andrew Bynum suspended from team for conduct detrimental. Excused from all team activities "indefinitely."

I wonder what he did.

EDIT:

Raidaz4Life
12-28-2013, 12:11 PM
Way to get his career back on track.

Eagles710
12-28-2013, 12:14 PM
Probably got caught bowling again

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-28-2013, 12:14 PM
lmao, I thought he was doing well

kdspurman
12-28-2013, 12:17 PM

Crazy

black1605
12-28-2013, 12:17 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 5m
About Bynum suspension, league source tells Yahoo: "He doesn't want to play basketball anymore. He never liked it that much in first place."

Yikes.

Vampirate
12-28-2013, 12:22 PM
You know, i'd love to be in his situation, even if I didn't really like basketball.

There are so many people that don't like their job and would take his in a second even if they hate everything about basketball.

North Yorker
12-28-2013, 12:24 PM
You know, i'd love to be in his situation, even if I didn't really like basketball.

There are so many people that don't like their job and would take his in a second even if they hate everything about basketball.

He's a millionaire. Would you stay at a job you hated if you won the lottery?

king4day
12-28-2013, 12:27 PM
When you're making millions to play a game, NOT an office job, you find ways to fight through the hatred of it. If he stays healthy, he'll make 12 mil per year. Don't get how he can't get past that knowing what's at stake.

king4day
12-28-2013, 12:28 PM

I totally get your point but when you can keep winning the lottery, I think it's not that hard of a decision.
If he was making the vet minimum, I get it. But 12mil? That's too much to pass up.

black1605
12-28-2013, 12:28 PM

If I had an ounce of foresight, yes.

Vampirate
12-28-2013, 12:29 PM

Yes if I knew in the difference in the amount of money I would be losing.

Do you have any idea how much money he's leaving on the table if he retires now?

310Casper
12-28-2013, 12:30 PM
This is why every in-shape 7+ footer in America should attempt to make a quick few easy million dollars faking it in the NBA for a year or two...guaranteed money. lol

Vampirate
12-28-2013, 12:31 PM
When you're making millions to play a game, NOT an office job, you find ways to fight through the hatred of it. If he stays healthy, he'll make 12 mil per year. Don't get how he can't get past that knowing what's at stake.

Actually with this stupidity of his, the money he could make will probably be lowered.

Would you invest 12 million to a player who is disinterested, could quit and may retire at any moment?

IAmARanger18
12-28-2013, 12:31 PM
He got his millions, he clearly doesn't care anymore. Guy can't stay healthy.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-28-2013, 12:35 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 5m
About Bynum suspension, league source tells Yahoo: "He doesn't want to play basketball anymore. He never liked it that much in first place."

funniest **** I have heard in a long time :laugh:

310Casper
12-28-2013, 12:35 PM
Bynum is also the youngest player to play in an NBA game EVER....his 1st game was 6 days after his 18th bday. Drafted at 17... the kid (and I mean "kid") never had a chance to be an 18 year old...a 19 year old...etc... Making tens of millions of dollars at that age without any life experience is a recipe for disaster. I remember hearing stories of him at UCLA frat parties and they were not good. I'm sure this has some correlation with child-actors having such a high rate of failure/drug issues/mental issues later in life.

Good thing the NBA cracked down on this and requires some college now. They should require 4 full years (or 21 years old minimum) to enter the NBA.

Eagles710
12-28-2013, 12:37 PM
What a loser , I have a million things to say... but im going to leave it to that, he is a loser

black1605
12-28-2013, 12:41 PM
SportsCenter reporting that the Cavs will aggressively try to trade him by January 7.

310Casper
12-28-2013, 12:43 PM
As a laker fan, I have to give it to Mitch Cuptchak for pulling this off. Bynum came off an all-star year, where some even debated he could be better than Howard as an overall center. Trade/Steal of the century, Cuptchak must have some magical powers.

Bynum immediately was never to be seen again after that. This will be one of those stories we all tell our kids, "There was once this player named Andrew Bynum who was possibly the best center in basketball, before he could ever get his career on a roll, it was over and he was never heard from again".

Vampirate
12-28-2013, 12:44 PM
"There's a bank in every city"

-Andrew Bynum

310Casper
12-28-2013, 12:49 PM
ESPN 30 for 30: Episode 167 in the year 2021

Former NBA All-Star center who retired at age 26 now works at a Taco Bell in Memphis, Tennessee, struggling to make ends meet. Follow the daily life of Andrew Bynum as we document his struggles with obesity, finances, and the mental struggle with his new way of life. What could have been..

Teeboy1487
12-28-2013, 12:51 PM

Former NBA All-Star center who retired at age 26 now works at a Taco Bell in Memphis, Tennessee, struggling to make ends meet. Follow the daily life of Andrew Bynum as we document his struggles with obesity, finances, and the mental struggle with his new way of life. What could have been.. :laugh:

torocan
12-28-2013, 12:53 PM
Bynum doesn't want to play basketball?

Or just doesn't want to play for the Cavs?

Thinks that make you go Hmmmm.... :eyebrow:

B'sCeltsPatsSox
12-28-2013, 12:57 PM
Anyone see the string of tweets Simmons just made?

Eagles710
12-28-2013, 01:00 PM
would be so nice, if the nba teams blackball this ***** , but ofcourse the heat are probably already making calls as we speak , sadly don't blame them

A_Bynum_sucks
12-28-2013, 01:00 PM
:eyebrow:
Bynum doesn't want to play basketball?

Or just doesn't want to play for the Cavs?

Thinks that make you go Hmmmm.... :eyebrow:

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 2m
3 - From what I hear, Bynum wants to end up with Heat or
Clips. But he'd have to be released + Cavs want to trade him

Does this answer your question ? Bynum is a PURE SCUMBAG. And the Quicker he literally gets run aver by a Bus and is dead the BETTER off the world will be. His type of a Life form only makes the world a worse place to live in. Pure Scum!! :down:

beasted86
12-28-2013, 01:06 PM
Bynum to the HEAT for the minimum?

Game ****ing over.... You people need to get on your knees and pray this doesn't happen. The 2nd Cavs player to take his talents to South Beach? Stay tuned. :cool:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-28-2013, 01:06 PM
Oden and Bynum in Miami :laugh2:

FraziersKnicks
12-28-2013, 01:12 PM
As a laker fan, I have to give it to Mitch Cuptchak for pulling this off. Bynum came off an all-star year, where some even debated he could be better than Howard as an overall center. Trade/Steal of the century, Cuptchak must have some magical powers.

Bynum immediately was never to be seen again after that. This will be one of those stories we all tell our kids, "There was once this player named Andrew Bynum who was possibly the best center in basketball, before he could ever get his career on a roll, it was over and he was never heard from again".

How was that trade the steal of the century? Who did the Lakers get for Bynum again? Howard, Clark and Duhon. Who plays for the Lakers out of those guys now? None.

:confused:

RipCity32
I remember saying before the season started he was just looking to steal a paycheck. He doesn't have enough passion for the game to make a full recovery.

still1ballin
NBA needs to do something about these solid players not wanting to play with their current teams and join championship contenders midseason. It's getting old

still1ballin
12-28-2013, 01:14 PM

How was that trade the steal of the century? Who did the Lakers get for Bynum again? Howard, Clark and Duhon. Who plays for the Lakers out of those guys now? None.

:confused:

While you have a point, if lakers hired PHIL Jackson over dantoni, I think lakers wouldn't have been that bad last year, Kobe would of not gotten hurt and howard would of stayed. If that happened then it would of looked like an amazing trade.

But it didn't. :(

RipCity32
12-28-2013, 01:15 PM

Game ****ing over.... You people need to get on your knees and pray this doesn't happen. The 2nd Cavs player to take his talents to South Beach? Stay tuned. :cool:

Why? He's not even that good.

koreancabbage
12-28-2013, 01:17 PM
Why? He's not even that good.

Lebron will probably make him look like an all-star.

he's good enough to put a big body on either Hibbert or West. or a stopgap before Oden gets back into shape.

FraziersKnicks
12-28-2013, 01:18 PM
So basically the Cavs have to trade him to either the Heat or the Clippers because no one else is gonna put together a package for a guy who doesn't wanna play there. If they haven't traded him before January 7th, the Cavs are gonna waive him to avoid paying him the other $6m of his first year, and he'll sign for the vet min with the Heat or Clips.

If he ends up in Miami and can play 24 MPG...... :ohno:

He would be a good backup center for the Clips but his role would obviously be smaller.

PhillyFaninLA
12-28-2013, 01:19 PM
delete - post 36 answers my question

shep33
12-28-2013, 01:20 PM
If he goes to Miami... good night NBA.

Unless his goal is to destroy that team internally as well lol

RipCity32
12-28-2013, 01:26 PM
If he goes to Miami... good night NBA.

Unless his goal is to destroy that team internally as well lol

He's not even a difference maker anymore. The other night when we played the Cavs he went 0-11 :laugh2:. If anything he might hurt they're chances at a title.

WITZ
12-28-2013, 01:27 PM
Bynum had been playing had been pure **** a good chunk of games he played & a black hole on offense see you hopefully on a different team.

broncosfan4eva
12-28-2013, 01:32 PM
I see a deal coming with Okc Perkins for Bynum

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-28-2013, 01:32 PM
he should come to the Lakers, now he would be allowed to shoot threes here

shep33
12-28-2013, 01:38 PM
He's not even a difference maker anymore. The other night when we played the Cavs he went 0-11 :laugh2:. If anything he might hurt they're chances at a title.
That's true, dude is the ultimate black hole. If his job is to clog the lane though, he could do a solid job.

One thing I'll say is that he'll ruin spacing for Miami if he does play a lot of mins. They won their titles playing small ball, so it'll be interesting to see how that develops

Stunner
12-28-2013, 01:38 PM
Keep telling yourself that

J4KOP99
12-28-2013, 01:42 PM
classic Bynum.

shep33
12-28-2013, 01:45 PM
This guy is pure laughs though lol

Best NBA character ever.

metsrock229
12-28-2013, 01:50 PM

Game ****ing over.... You people need to get on your knees and pray this doesn't happen.

Wouldn't even care, just a bigger testament to how the league is a joke

GiantsSwaGG
12-28-2013, 01:52 PM

Here's a more simply approach... JUST ****ING RETIRE AND STOP WASTING THE NBA TIME!

shep33
12-28-2013, 02:02 PM
Jim Buss wasn't going to let Bynum walk for nothing. He would've given him a max deal. As bad as things are now, they'd be worse with Bynum.

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz2onHUIqT6

Whew

Clippersfan86
12-28-2013, 02:10 PM
Sam Amick just said Clippers wil pursue. If we get a backup big this talented, watch out NBA. Our biggest problem has been when DJ or Blake arr on bench we get destroyed. If Bynum can give us a consistent9/7 or so off the bench... damn.

*Superman*
12-28-2013, 02:16 PM
I hate this guy. Not the first time he's made it clear he really doesnt care about the game, he's just in it for the money. Not sure why an organization would want a player like that on their team, be it Clippers or Heat.

Stunner
12-28-2013, 02:20 PM
If the Clippers want Bynum they will trade Jordan for him . No way the Cavs will lose him for nothing , they'll pay him and decline the option at the end of the season . Either way Bynum is ghost

torocan
12-28-2013, 02:21 PM
I hate this guy. Not the first time he's made it clear he really doesnt care about the game, he's just in it for the money. Not sure why an organization would want a player like that on their team, be it Clippers or Heat.

Most players can be rehabilitated with the right environment. Change of coach, location, roster and organization can do wonders in terms of a player re-finding their potential.

Just look at Michael Beasley, Dwight Howard, etc.

Just because Bynum didn't like Milwaukee or Cleveland doesn't mean there isn't a place that's the right fit for him. So teams will take the chance on the hope that they can find a way to get Bynum's head back into the game.

FraziersKnicks
12-28-2013, 02:22 PM
If the Clippers want Bynum they will trade Jordan for him . No way the Cavs will lose him for nothing , they'll pay him and decline the option at the end of the season . Either way Bynum is ghost

If I was the Cavs I take that deal in a heartbeat, DeAndre is leaps and bounds better than Bynum and fits perfectly with the Clips. They would be moronic to offer that deal.

Mr_Jones
12-28-2013, 02:24 PM
His character is really sad.

shep33
12-28-2013, 02:25 PM

The Cavs can just waive him, no need for the clips to trade anyone

Stunner
12-28-2013, 02:30 PM
The Cavs can just waive him, no need for the clips to trade anyone

The thing is i don't think they will do that , he has an option in his contract . Cavs won't let him go for nothing . Clipps won't see Bynum till next year if the Cavs choose not to release him .

likemystylez
12-28-2013, 02:31 PM
I totally get your point but when you can keep winning the lottery, I think it's not that hard of a decision.
If he was making the vet minimum, I get it. But 12mil? That's too much to pass up.

also take into consideration that he has no education and no expierience in any other field. He doesnt interact well with authority, he has an immature and unhealthy attitude, he's self centered and generally kind o an idiot. Its not like he has a ton of options in life

ThuglifeJ
12-28-2013, 02:32 PM
Huge amounts of respect towards Bynum. One of the classier guys to ever play and clearly one of the most passionate.

...I cant believe I was prayin to have this guy on the Mavs this summer. I knew I hated the way the guy carried himself, but was really hoping they landed him after Dwight was gone. Not that the Mavs are going ham, I'd still rather watch a team I like

Vinylman
12-28-2013, 03:06 PM
how are the Heat or Clipps gonna trade for him? What do they have that they would want to give up and that cleveland would want?

Only way he ends up on either of those teams is if he gets released... if he does then he gets paid the minimum as both are over the cap... then what does he do next season... they won't have anything more than the mini-mle to offer him ...

it makes no sense

Wade n Fade
12-28-2013, 03:15 PM
Bynum is done. He has no knees, showed one or two good games, but nothing else. He has no heart either. The Heat will not inherit another guy for a reclamation project because we have Oden down here. He's bound to be back after the all-star break.

Sandman
12-28-2013, 03:17 PM
Herbie doesnt like tomake toys

sunsfan88
12-28-2013, 03:23 PM
Sam Amick just said Clippers wil pursue. If we get a backup big this talented, watch out NBA. Our biggest problem has been when DJ or Blake arr on bench we get destroyed. If Bynum can give us a consistent9/7 or so off the bench... damn.

Lol this guys a locker room cancer. If the Clippers get him, there will be along of fights between him and Barnes and him and Jordan.

Good chance that LAC won't make playoffs if they add such a cancer like this to mess up team chemistry.

Teeboy1487
12-28-2013, 03:25 PM
The Heat would be best not to touch this guy with a 20 foot pole. He does not move quickly enough laterally to effectively play that trap pick n poll defense. However, he will solve their defensive rebounding and post defending problems. Not worth the headache imo though. He will take plays off if he is not getting the ball and does not get back defensively.

likemystylez
12-28-2013, 03:28 PM
Lol this guys a locker room cancer. If the Clippers get him, there will be along of fights between him and Barnes and him and Jordan.

Good chance that LAC won't make playoffs if they add such a cancer like this to mess up team chemistry.

THIS- If he was gonna help so much- do you think the cavs would give up on him. Heck they need him more than the clippers do. Clippers are an elite team without him.

LMAO and andrew Bynum playing for Doc rivers- ARE YOU SERIOUS CLIPPER FANS??? Bynum will run to the locker room crying if rivers tells him to hustle on a rotation

likemystylez
12-28-2013, 03:29 PM
Bynum is done. He has no knees, showed one or two good games, but nothing else. He has no heart either. The Heat will not inherit another guy for a reclamation project because we have Oden down here. He's bound to be back after the all-star break.

bynums knees have nothing to do with this situation

Odd Dubs Player
12-28-2013, 03:29 PM
Let me guess. When GSW beats them, their fans will say they would have won if they had Bynum.

likemystylez
12-28-2013, 03:30 PM
The Heat would be best not to touch this guy with a 20 foot pole. He does not move quickly enough laterally to effectively play that trap pick n poll defense. However, he will solve their defensive rebounding and post defending problems. Not worth the headache imo though. He will take plays off if he is not getting the ball and does not get back defensively.

He's saying he doesnt want to play basketball.... Im trying to figure out which world people are living in where that isnt a stop sign or a concern?

torocan
12-28-2013, 03:32 PM
THIS- If he was gonna help so much- do you think the cavs would give up on him. Heck they need him more than the clippers do. Clippers are an elite team without him.

LMAO and andrew Bynum playing for Doc rivers- ARE YOU SERIOUS CLIPPER FANS??? Bynum will run to the locker room crying if rivers tells him to hustle on a rotation

Different equation for the Clippers vs the Cavs.

Bynum clearly doesn't want to play for the Cavs. He DOES want to play for the Clippers.

For the Clippers it's a low risk, high reward scenario. Non-guaranteed contract they can waive in the off season, and all they need is back up minutes at a solid level.

And you know Doc Rivers has no problem sitting Bynum if he doesn't like what he sees.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Clippers took the gamble.

DillyDill
12-28-2013, 03:32 PM
C'mon Drew I wanted him to return to All-Star form

cmellofan15
12-28-2013, 03:41 PM
Let me guess. When GSW beats them, their fans will say they would have won if they had Bynum.

The game is over so why are you still baiting about it? Yay, the Warriors won. Chicago beat Miami last year a few times too, didn't make much difference at the end of the season because everyone knows who had the better team.

Clippersfan86
12-28-2013, 03:45 PM
Kyrie Irving has been called a selfish leader and borderline team cancer himself this year. Mike Brown is one of the least respected coaches in the league. Cavs have no proven winners on that team or no nonsense vets. You honestly think a team led by Doc and great locker room leaders like CP3, Barnes, Jackson, Griffin and Jamison is going to have problems? Nevermind that we will be winning, unlike Clevelnd.

likemystylez
12-28-2013, 03:47 PM
Different equation for the Clippers vs the Cavs.

Bynum clearly doesn't want to play for the Cavs. He DOES want to play for the Clippers.

For the Clippers it's a low risk, high reward scenario. Non-guaranteed contract they can waive in the off season, and all they need is back up minutes at a solid level.

And you know Doc Rivers has no problem sitting Bynum if he doesn't like what he sees.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Clippers took the gamble.

Has bynum said he wants to play for the clippers? if he didnt ant to play for the cavs... why did he sign with them?

KniCks4LiFe
12-28-2013, 03:47 PM
I wonder what he did.

EDIT:

he can't be serious. Oh man LOLS :laugh2:

Isiah I apologize.

likemystylez
12-28-2013, 03:48 PM
Kyrie Irving has been called a selfish leader and borderline team cancer himself this year. Mike Brown is one of the least respected coaches in the league. Cavs have no proven winners on that team or no nonsense vets. You honestly think a team led by Doc and great locker room leaders like CP3, Barnes, Jackson, Griffin and Jamison is going to have problems? Nevermind that we will be winning, unlike Clevelnd.

Thats funny- I havent heard the cavs consider waiving kyrie irving though.

Cavs have jarrett jack- hes a solid leader

jerellh528
12-28-2013, 03:50 PM
60% of nba players go bankrupt after the nba.

goingfor28
12-28-2013, 03:53 PM
Get him clipps!

More-Than-Most
12-28-2013, 03:58 PM
Everyone saying the heat shouldnt touch him honestly cant understand basketball. No offense but if you can get this type of player for minimum you do it. He makes them deadly. Bynum is a head case but do you honestly think he would act this way in south beach with a Lebron/Wade/Bosh on his ***? He would quickly enjoy basketball when he is winning everything and chasing titles and partying with these 3 in south beach.... Even if by some chance he becomes a distraction he would likely be getting the minimum. Low risk extremely high reward type move that is unfair for all other NBA contenders

DillyDill
12-28-2013, 04:04 PM
Everyone saying the heat shouldnt touch him honestly cant understand basketball. No offense but if you can get this type of player for minimum you do it. He makes them deadly. Bynum is a head case but do you honestly think he would act this way in south beach with a Lebron/Wade/Bosh on his ***? He would quickly enjoy basketball when he is winning everything and chasing titles and partying with these 3 in south beach.... Even if by some chance he becomes a distraction he would likely be getting the minimum. Low risk extremely high reward type move that is unfair for all other NBA contenders

Yea I agree a motivated Drew on the heat is ultra scary..This might have been his plan for the jump, get his option declined then go where he wants Wow

cmellofan15
12-28-2013, 04:04 PM
How crazy is this. A few years ago we had a big thread comparing who would be the better player out of Oden and Bynum, now they could end up on the same team chasing rings :laugh2:

Odd Dubs Player
12-28-2013, 04:06 PM
How crazy is this. A few years ago we had a big thread comparing who would be the better player out of Oden and Bynum, now they could end up on the same team chasing rings :laugh2:

They're going to Miami?

Wade n Fade
12-28-2013, 04:06 PM

You're way too overly optimistic. Here we have another reclamation project in Bynum. The Heat have Oden and a limited # of roster spots. I am not waiving Roger Mason Jr if I am Riley. He's not worth losing for Bynum.

Lakers + Giants
12-28-2013, 04:16 PM
I know this team isn't mentioned but I would love to see him play along side TD, hi idol. Pop wouldn't tolerate his BS.

Spurs wouldn't want this guy tho, not with that attitude.

torocan
12-28-2013, 04:17 PM
Has bynum said he wants to play for the clippers? if he didnt ant to play for the cavs... why did he sign with them?

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 4h
3 - From what I hear, Bynum wants to end up with Heat or Clips. But he'd have to be released + Cavs want to trade him (see @WindhorstESPN).

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 3h
4 - Also hearing he'd consider Boston - Celts have expirings/assets to get him (if they wanted him). His ideal teams are Miami/Clips though.

https://twitter.com/BillSimmons

The Clippers didn't have cap room or interest at the time. And Bynum already made his $6M this year. If he goes to the Clippers for minimum, he still makes another $500K and he's on a potential contender.

effen5
12-28-2013, 04:20 PM
Yeah this nba era blows. Too many players like Bynum, it's pathetic.

black1605
12-28-2013, 04:27 PM
They're going to Miami?

Oden is on the Heat already.

smith&wesson
12-28-2013, 04:35 PM
ummm maybe this is just some guy starting a stupid rumour ? last time I heard there is alot of anomosity in the cavaliers locker room. maybe he is bumping heads with a team mate.

Wade n Fade
12-28-2013, 04:43 PM
Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 4h
3 - From what I hear, Bynum wants to end up with Heat or Clips. But he'd have to be released + Cavs want to trade him (see @WindhorstESPN).

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 3h
4 - Also hearing he'd consider Boston - Celts have expirings/assets to get him (if they wanted him). His ideal teams are Miami/Clips though.

https://twitter.com/BillSimmons

The Clippers didn't have cap room or interest at the time. And Bynum already made his $6M this year. If he goes to the Clippers for minimum, he still makes another $500K and he's on a potential contender.

Who are the Cavs kidding? They cannot get anything worthy for him since nobody wants to trade like 2 expiring contracts for him. Boston is the lone team that can do it with Humphries, but the Cavs have to give up a 2nd rounder too. The only thing the Heat can offer is Joel Anthony, and the money doesn't match up. So Cavs release a guy on a non-guaranteed contract, walk away unscathed, and Bynum can sign with whomever he wants. The Heat could oust Joel for a 2nd rounder and then take Bynum on the league's vet min, but I honestly don't see that happening.

Bruno
12-28-2013, 04:47 PM
bynum doesn't really like basketball. but if he's gona keep sacrificing his body for money, he probably wants to be in LA or Miami, and rack another title.

torocan
12-28-2013, 04:50 PM
I could see Daryl Morey pulling off a dark horse deal for Bynum. The Rockets have cap space so they can use Asik as the base piece and take on the 125-150% salary difference.

Asik + filler for Bynum + Picks and maybe even Waiters. Waiters has reported locker room conflicts as well, so the Cavs could get rid of 2 head aches and fill their gap at the 5 in one shot. Not to mention Asik will be expiring so he will still have value next year even if they don't want to retain Asik. And the Cavs would still save money given Asik makes only $5M this year. $10M for 1.5 seasons at $8.3M cap hit is still cheaper than Bynum's $18M for 1.5 seasons.

The Rockets only need Bynum for 10-15 minutes per night, more if he plays well. He'd be on a legitimate play off team, with access to McHale and Dream. And if Bynum doesn't work out, they can move him in July as a 100% non-guaranteed contract or simply waive him for the cap space (Asik's $8.3M + filler salaries) to make a play in Free Agency.

Would definitely be a Morey type move...

Wade n Fade
12-28-2013, 05:05 PM
I could see Daryl Morey pulling off a dark horse deal for Bynum. The Rockets have cap space so they can use Asik as the base piece and take on the 125-150% salary difference.

Asik + filler for Bynum + Picks and maybe even Waiters. Waiters has reported locker room conflicts as well, so the Cavs could get rid of 2 head aches and fill their gap at the 5 in one shot. Not to mention Asik will be expiring so he will still have value next year even if they don't want to retain Asik. And the Cavs would still save money given Asik makes only $5M this year. $10M for 1.5 seasons at $8.3M cap hit is still cheaper than Bynum's $18M for 1.5 seasons.

The Rockets only need Bynum for 10-15 minutes per night, more if he plays well. He'd be on a legitimate play off team, with access to McHale and Dream. And if Bynum doesn't work out, they can move him in July as a 100% non-guaranteed contract or simply waive him for the cap space (Asik's $8.3M + filler salaries) to make a play in Free Agency.

Nah, I would try to send Asik in a deal for a healthier big. Cleveland also already has Varajao, so you're paying a guy huge bucks to be off the bench or starting at the 4 along with Varajao at the 5? Asik wants to be the clear big man.

2-ONE-5
12-28-2013, 05:06 PM
Bynum is also the youngest player to play in an NBA game EVER....his 1st game was 6 days after his 18th bday. Drafted at 17... the kid (and I mean "kid") never had a chance to be an 18 year old...a 19 year old...etc... Making tens of millions of dollars at that age without any life experience is a recipe for disaster. I remember hearing stories of him at UCLA frat parties and they were not good. I'm sure this has some correlation with child-actors having such a high rate of failure/drug issues/mental issues later in life.

Good thing the NBA cracked down on this and requires some college now. They should require 4 full years (or 21 years old minimum) to enter the NBA.

majority of the NBA is drafted at 18 and 19 years old though

RipCity32
12-28-2013, 05:07 PM
Lol, Now this guy straight up says he doesn't even like basketball. Then that makes Clippers and Heat fans lineup wanting to give him some more money. This guy is done, There is a reason nobody but the Cavs signed him last year. When do younger 7ft talented centers just not get signed in FA. Heat have been successful with small ball. Why mees that up over this washed up clown.

jerellh528
12-28-2013, 05:12 PM
majority of the NBA is drafted at 18 and 19 years old though

That's why the majority of nba players go bankrupt when they retire from the nba.

Slug3
12-28-2013, 05:21 PM

The thing is that Bynum is a quitter. Who would want to trade for him? Getting him for cheap as a free agent is really then only gamble any team should take.

Wade n Fade
12-28-2013, 05:29 PM
That's why the majority of nba players go bankrupt when they retire from the nba.

Not just that though. Many of them weren't exposed to financial sustainability or financial literacy/education as kids. Keep in mind, you have a diverse range of players in the league, people from inner cities, young foreigners from countries like Lithuania, immature players handed stuff to them in life, etc. When you get a ton of money all at once, even if it's just $2-$4 mill for a first rounder, they buy homes for themselves and/or parents, heckled by friends and "family" for money, buy cars, buy clothes, buy jewelry, etc. Some gamble or buy drugs since they have so much money, they don't know what to do with it. They want to live up to a stereotypical "good life" that all the players "have:" money and chicks. Many of the items they have are superficial. The lack of a financial base of knowledge is astonishing. They have people in inner circles that don't say "that's a bad move to buy that $5 mill home even though you make $1.2 mill a year and you have no chance of playing next year since you just blew out your knees." Financial literacy teaches people not to spend more than they take in, how to invest, how to use institutions, how to save money, what to invest in, etc. I remember reading an article about some NBA rookie that had his parents take his salary and put it in a CD (Certificate of Deposit, meaning that you cannot withdraw money from an account for a specific time period and it generates interest or money you receive in addition to your deposit based on a interest rate offered by a banking institution.) I think that's one of the safer moves a player or someone on behalf a player has done. It doesn't take a Duke education to realize you can protect your money.

Jerrellh528, I do believe it's a societal issue in general because many people live in debt. People crack out their credit cards way too much and pay the minimum payment thinking they can pay it off. It creates a loan trap since banks give people credit as a way to pay it back, so essentially loaning funds for that new iPad that people buy. For instance, my credit limit is hypothetically $1,000. I just have low credit, so I would not go buy a PS4 and Xbox One or an expensive laptop and fill up my limit and pay minimum payments. I would buy small stuff like groceries that I can pay off in a month through my paycheck, which I divvy up to live off a budget. That sense is not instilled within the population, and that's why people will be in more debt.

Asik's better
12-28-2013, 05:36 PM

Only way Morey trades for Bynum is if anderson varejao and a unprotected 1st round pick in next years draft is coming as well. Then Morey would turn around and wave him straight away. Anything less than that would lead to Morey hanging up the phone straight away.

KniCks4LiFe
12-28-2013, 05:45 PM
Only way Morey trades for Bynum is if anderson varejao and a unprotected 1st round pick in next years draft is coming as well. Then Morey would turn around and wave him straight away. Anything less than that would lead to Morey hanging up the phone straight away.

he doesn't want to play basketball anymore. He doesn't like the sport.

EDIT:

@BillSimmons 5h
1 - Expect Bynum to miraculously regain his love for basketball once he gets away from this messy Cavs situation. He has an end game here.

Nvm. That's piece of sh... I hate NBA players like this :pity:

Hawkeye15
12-28-2013, 05:55 PM

Former NBA All-Star center who retired at age 26 now works at a Taco Bell in Memphis, Tennessee, struggling to make ends meet. Follow the daily life of Andrew Bynum as we document his struggles with obesity, finances, and the mental struggle with his new way of life. What could have been..

people laugh, but does anyone have the "over" on age 32 before we hear he is bankrupt if he is really going to give up basketball now?

Hawkeye15
12-28-2013, 05:59 PM
Not just that though. Many of them weren't exposed to financial sustainability or financial literacy/education as kids. Keep in mind, you have a diverse range of players in the league, people from inner cities, young foreigners from countries like Lithuania, immature players handed stuff to them in life, etc. When you get a ton of money all at once, even if it's just $2-$4 mill for a first rounder, they buy homes for themselves and/or parents, heckled by friends and "family" for money, buy cars, buy clothes, buy jewelry, etc. Some gamble or buy drugs since they have so much money, they don't know what to do with it. They want to live up to a stereotypical "good life" that all the players "have:" money and chicks. Many of the items they have are superficial. The lack of a financial base of knowledge is astonishing. They have people in inner circles that don't say "that's a bad move to buy that $5 mill home even though you make $1.2 mill a year and you have no chance of playing next year since you just blew out your knees." Financial literacy teaches people not to spend more than they take in, how to invest, how to use institutions, how to save money, what to invest in, etc. I remember reading an article about some NBA rookie that had his parents take his salary and put it in a CD (Certificate of Deposit, meaning that you cannot withdraw money from an account for a specific time period and it generates interest or money you receive in addition to your deposit based on a interest rate offered by a banking institution.) I think that's one of the safer moves a player or someone on behalf a player has done. It doesn't take a Duke education to realize you can protect your money.

Jerrellh528, I do believe it's a societal issue in general because many people live in debt. People crack out their credit cards way too much and pay the minimum payment thinking they can pay it off. It creates a loan trap since banks give people credit as a way to pay it back, so essentially loaning funds for that new iPad that people buy. For instance, my credit limit is hypothetically $1,000. I just have low credit, so I would not go buy a PS4 and Xbox One or an expensive laptop and fill up my limit and pay minimum payments. I would buy small stuff like groceries that I can pay off in a month through my paycheck, which I divvy up to live off a budget. That sense is not instilled within the population, and that's why people will be in more debt.

I am not disagreeing with your point at all. But do you see a correlation between the way it used to be, where players stayed 4 years, and now? They make 10 times as much money now as they did in the late 80's, early 90's, and you don't hear of those older players being broke at the rate you do these younger guys.

Pulling an 18 year old out of one year of "school", where they just go to a basketball factory, is not going to work. How can a kid who has never seen money be taught in that one year to control his finances? How can he be taught to push away the leaches he thinks are his friends but are really just there to live off of him?

It's a brutal cycle that will not go away until the NBA either pushes for longer college tenures, or gets very aggressive on classroom activities for 1-2 year players on controlling their finances.

Wade n Fade
12-28-2013, 06:15 PM
I am not disagreeing with your point at all. But do you see a correlation between the way it used to be, where players stayed 4 years, and now? They make 10 times as much money now as they did in the late 80's, early 90's, and you don't hear of those older players being broke at the rate you do these younger guys.

Pulling an 18 year old out of one year of "school", where they just go to a basketball factory, is not going to work. How can a kid who has never seen money be taught in that one year to control his finances? How can he be taught to push away the leaches he thinks are his friends but are really just there to live off of him?

It's a brutal cycle that will not go away until the NBA either pushes for longer college tenures, or gets very aggressive on classroom activities for 1-2 year players on controlling their finances.

Well, I took Economics in high school since it was required, and my teacher taught a lot about financial literacy as well since my high school participated in the national financial literacy exam, I scored in the 92nd percentile, but I am just a small sample. I am in favor of teaching kids in a required hs or college class, which could mitigate some of the damage. To deal with the social factors, that's really hard and I agree with you on that. That's something in life people either learn the hard way or have to relate themselves to good people. Like it's easy to tell if "Uncle Joe" likes you know that you're a multi-million dollar player. I have not been those players shoes, so it's easy to sit here and say that and I cannot empathize with them. The 30 for 30 film, "Broke," is very good. I just feel like we need to reform how people are taught in general, but that will take time, effort, consensus, etc. These changes will take decades since people hardly see eye to eye even for simple stuff like cell phones.

JNA17
12-28-2013, 06:23 PM

Ah man, a guy like me would be perfect for the NBA! (If I had the talent)

Being Jewish, having no friends so nobody leeches off me, and I could give less ***** about having jewelry or expensive cars or 5 houses. Making what Bynum currently makes, I would just spend on it on a above average apartment (not a big fan of living in houses) for me and one for my mother, and buy an awesome gaming rig PC/video games and ****. MAYBE invest in stocks since I'm becoming pretty good at that lately...

Yeah, I would be perfect... :(

Hawkeye15
12-28-2013, 06:24 PM
Well, I took Economics in high school since it was required, and my teacher taught a lot about financial literacy as well since my high school participated in the national financial literacy exam, I scored in the 92nd percentile, but I am just a small sample. I am in favor of teaching kids in a required hs or college class, which could mitigate some of the damage. To deal with the social factors, that's really hard and I agree with you on that. That's something in life people either learn the hard way or have to relate themselves to good people. Like it's easy to tell if "Uncle Joe" likes you know that you're a multi-million dollar player. I have not been those players shoes, so it's easy to sit here and say that and I cannot empathize with them. The 30 for 30 film, "Broke," is very good. I just feel like we need to reform how people are taught in general, but that will take time, effort, consensus, etc. These changes will take decades since people hardly see eye to eye even for simple stuff like cell phones.

elite athletes need to be treated like every other student as well, which is not the case

shep33
12-28-2013, 06:25 PM
Looking at his numbers, I actually don't see him being a huge factor on a contender.

Those knees can go at any minute too.

Hawkeye15
12-28-2013, 06:28 PM
Looking at his numbers, I actually don't see him being a huge factor on a contender.

Those knees can go at any minute too.

if you could convince him to be a backup/insurance policy and make $6 million a season, the Rockets would be perfect. But, a team will come calling in hopes he can give them 25 mpg again.

Drummond#1
12-28-2013, 06:28 PM

That's what they do. They take selfish players who have alienated themselves from their previous teams and reward them with rings. If Bynum ends up in Miami, gets healthy, and wins a ring I will stop watching the NBA.

ThaDubs
12-28-2013, 06:29 PM
A guy who doesn't even like basketball can average 17 and 11? Just shows what a little height can do for you.

JNA17
12-28-2013, 06:30 PM
elite athletes need to be treated like every other student as well, which is not the case

That's kinda hard for that to be the case don't you think? You're right it should be that way, but at the same time, if you were in college and have a potentially top 3 NBA draft pick in your classroom every weekday, would YOU treat him the same way like every other person? Would you REALLY?

I would like to think I would, but in the moment...I don't know. I don't think I would be a total suck up, but I'm not sure I would just be completely casual towards that person either. I would probably make a joke like "yo when you go to the NBA, let me be your agent k?".

ThaDubs
12-28-2013, 06:31 PM
That's what they do. They take selfish players who have alienated themselves from their previous teams and reward them with rings. If Bynum ends up in Miami, gets healthy, and wins a ring I will stop watching the NBA.

Not really, they just gather premier talent in attempts to win championships. And it's worked thus far.

goingfor28
12-28-2013, 06:34 PM
I hear he's being released. Zero trade interest. No surprise there.

Hawkeye15
12-28-2013, 06:35 PM
That's kinda hard for that to be the case don't you think? You're right it should be that way, but at the same time, if you were in college and have a potentially top 3 NBA draft pick in your classroom every weekday, would YOU treat him the same way like every other person? Would you REALLY?

I would like to think I would, but in the moment...I don't know. I don't think I would be a total suck up, but I'm not sure I would just be completely casual towards that person either. I would probably make a joke like "yo when you go to the NBA, let me be your agent k?".

totally agree, but in order for the increasing trend of athletes going broke in basketball/football, something along the way needs to be changed and enforced. Hell, maybe the teachers viewpoint should be to invest time into that athlete and make them like school, instead of them looking at it like just another quick hurdle before they can make their millions.

Trust me, I am not going to overanalyze this. These stupid athletes deserve what they get when they lose their money, it would just be nice if maybe they were given some sort of tools to control themselves along the way.

A_Bynum_sucks
12-28-2013, 06:52 PM
Bynum truly needs to DIE!!...and go to that BIG Bowling Alley in the sky!! :hi5:

Cracka2HI!
12-28-2013, 06:53 PM
Not really, they just gather premier talent in attempts to win championships. And it's worked thus far.You had the funniest sig I had seen on PSD in a while.

I hear he's being released. Zero trade interest. No surprise there.Until I saw yours in the next post!

Excellent sig work gents!

About Bynum, I'd love to see him on the Clippers. The Clipps really need a back up big. It would be best if it's someone who can fill in for DJ when team try to hack him. We couldn't find a better option than Bynum. Even in his current form with his piss poor attitude.

JNA17
12-28-2013, 06:55 PM
totally agree, but in order for the increasing trend of athletes going broke in basketball/football, something along the way needs to be changed and enforced. Hell, maybe the teachers viewpoint should be to invest time into that athlete and make them like school, instead of them looking at it like just another quick hurdle before they can make their millions.

Trust me, I am not going to overanalyze this. These stupid athletes deserve what they get when they lose their money, it would just be nice if maybe they were given some sort of tools to control themselves along the way.

My idea is simply to give them some classes in economics and have give them special tutors for important stuff they will need to learn in life during the time they make the money in the NBA AND AFTER. Than again that last part is probably easier said than done but I think having a tutor with them in all of their classes can help them a lot with their school work.

But the funny thing is, take away what we're saying about athletes in general and this could also apply to many schools with all kinds of students pretty much.

For example I'm a computer science major. I had computer science 3 class that was teaching me the more advanced basics of programming C and C++. My professor's "teaching methods" (if you could even call it that) involved showing youtube videos of ANOTHER GUY giving us tutorials and providing many methods for various amount of code.

The videos were great and did help a lot...but it wasn't because of the professor, it was because of a guy from YouTube. So me and my family are spending thousands upon thousands of dollars to be taught something that can viewed on the internet easily for FREE!? How the hell does that professor have a job there and why do they get away with that?

Moral of that story, teachers are getting lazier and lazier and schools are becoming more useless if my short version of my story has any indication of the direction it's going. It seems like schools itself are more just for that stupid piece of cloth and the "experience". :(

Wade n Fade
12-28-2013, 07:10 PM

It's a problem in general. There are too many people that receive "entitlements" that shouldn't. Programs in college fix grades to maintain their student athletes' eligibility. Jameis Winston may have gotten off easier than most suspects in Florida. It's a money first mentality. People even do it on a daily basis with corporate powers around. I can go on and on with the whole corporations are people supreme court case stuff and politics, but I'll keep in brief. It goes back to individuals. Do we value responsibility, hard work, honesty, etc? Or do we value whatever it takes to get to the top, letting people suffer if they do wrongs, value money above all, conforming to superficial personas, etc? Here's what I mean in a sense what people can relate to: If you say that you want universal health care, a person is a communist? Or if they want less government regulations in the economy, they're a fascist? Hasty generalizations mean that people who want to be unique are chastised to conforming to a set societal standard. Athletes are no different than regulate human beings, but we need to bring them down to Earth. They just play sports for a living and get overpaid in general.

THE MTL
12-28-2013, 07:20 PM
Has there ever been a player who has trolled the entire NBA as hard as Bynum. Lmfao. And what sucks is that he's won a championship and gotten 2 big contracts in the process. He completely worked the system.

Now he wants to mooch off of Lebron James or Chris Paul and ride their coatails to another championship

Wade n Fade
12-28-2013, 07:32 PM
Has there ever been a player who has trolled the entire NBA as hard as Bynum. Lmfao. And what sucks is that he's won a championship and gotten 2 big contracts in the process. He completely worked the system.

Now he wants to mooch off of Lebron James or Chris Paul and ride their coatails to another championship

It would be funny if the NBA could do a posting system like the MLB/Nippon League (Japanese League) where Bynum would be posted to the international market and some small club like Guangdong take him in the CBA. Eddy the Dumpster Curry is averaging 20 and 10 in China. If he's an All-Star, Bynum is a HoF in China.

BHF
12-28-2013, 07:35 PM
Sometimes i wish the nba would step in and just ban morons like this from the league make an example. these players are ridicules it should be a privilege playing in the NBA and they are making a joke out of it.

beasted86
12-28-2013, 08:11 PM

Pay him $6M to stay home when they didn't have to?

Reaching IMO. I think they instead take the next week to work a trade.

Wade n Fade
12-28-2013, 08:27 PM

Most of the players aren't selfish. Ray Allen? Shane Battier? Chris Andersen? Those guys bought into the team mantra and played to earn their rings. Miami was never gift wrapped rings. And if you think that, you're just being biased or subjective because one or two Joey Crawford calls here and there. The Spurs choked Game 6 away and Ray Allen capitalized when given his moment. Beasley was selfish by doing weed, I'll give you that one. Rashard Lewis was never a hardhead on and off the court. Juwan Howard was not selfish.

Hawkeye15
12-28-2013, 08:30 PM
It's a problem in general. There are too many people that receive "entitlements" that shouldn't. Programs in college fix grades to maintain their student athletes' eligibility. Jameis Winston may have gotten off easier than most suspects in Florida. It's a money first mentality. People even do it on a daily basis with corporate powers around. I can go on and on with the whole corporations are people supreme court case stuff and politics, but I'll keep in brief. It goes back to individuals. Do we value responsibility, hard work, honesty, etc? Or do we value whatever it takes to get to the top, letting people suffer if they do wrongs, value money above all, conforming to superficial personas, etc? Here's what I mean in a sense what people can relate to: If you say that you want universal health care, a person is a communist? Or if they want less government regulations in the economy, they're a fascist? Hasty generalizations mean that people who want to be unique are chastised to conforming to a set societal standard. Athletes are no different than regulate human beings, but we need to bring them down to Earth. They just play sports for a living and get overpaid in general.

my friend, we have been getting away from individual personal responsibility for a long time now. And it will only get worse with the excuse making getting worse and worse by the generation.

2-ONE-5
12-28-2013, 08:36 PM

has nothing to do with what i was referring to

Wade n Fade
12-28-2013, 08:42 PM
my friend, we have been getting away from individual personal responsibility for a long time now. And it will only get worse with the excuse making getting worse and worse by the generation.

Exactly, I agree with you too. I a 90s person, but I am in my 20s, so I have much more to experience in life, but people tell me that I am above my years in terms of personality and sense of responsibility. People expect life to hand them stuff. My professors often tell me stories about these hardheaded freshmen come in, expect to get A's, and then get C's and then complain expecting to maintain the same average for the same quality of work despite a higher level of work being expected since it's an institution of higher learning (in general.) It's okay to use excuses at times, but if you go ahead and cheat on a paper, you can't say "oh I was peerpressured into it" and expect to fly by. The person who succeeds the most after cheating is the person who takes responsibility and learns from their mistakes.

I want Bynum to learn from his mistakes in Philly, LA, and Cleveland while helping his next team out and managing his money as much as possible. It's sad to see someone become like Antoine Walker, where they get robbed, are in debt, etc. I have some sympathy for them, but I wouldn't throw them under the bus, I would ease them into learning about their past and how to improve the future from it.

beasted86
12-28-2013, 08:57 PM

You clearly aren't an NBA fan if that's what you think of the HEAT players. We don't need you around hating, so I hope it happens. :cheers:

SanPitte
12-28-2013, 09:41 PM
Bynum should go to the Warriors,it's a fun, young winning team that could "revive" his interest in b-ball.
And he could have a decent playing time as a backup for Bogut

Dade County
12-28-2013, 10:02 PM

:laugh2:

The force is strong with the grand master jedi Pat Riley!!!!!!!

Bill Simmons is saying that Bynum wants to join the HEAT or Clippers.

http://fansided.com/2013/12/28/andrew-bynum-wants-go-miami-heat-los-angeles-clippers/

Chrisclover
12-28-2013, 10:58 PM
who will want this douchebag?

SportsCenter reporting that the Cavs will aggressively try to trade him by January 7.

Stunner
12-28-2013, 11:21 PM
Waiters and Bynum having trouble with the team . I think a Deng for Waiters / Bynum and one of their 1st gets some since the Cavs really want Deng and don't want to risk him resigning with Chicago or going elsewhere . Deal would have to be done before the 7th so the bulls can just release Bynum . Not to mention Cavs would get to keep most of their main core pieces to do other deals . So really it's just Waiters and a pick for Deng ; Bynum is just for the cap make up .

Chrisclover
12-28-2013, 11:21 PM
Twin tower !Miami suddenly solve their long -lasting problem of lacking big men. What a steal !But who will be cut if Bynum joins ?
Oden and Bynum in Miami :laugh2:

beasted86
12-28-2013, 11:28 PM
Waiters and Bynum having trouble with the team . I think a Deng for Waiters / Bynum and one of their 1st gets some since the Cavs really want Deng and don't want to risk him resigning with Chicago or going elsewhere . Deal would have to be done before the 7th so the bulls can just release Bynum . Not to mention Cavs would get to keep most of their main core pieces to do other deals . So really it's just Waiters and a pick for Deng ; Bynum is just for the cap make up .
That trade scenario was just a suggestion by Brian Windhorst, not anything actually discussed.

But either way, any scenario that ends in him getting waived gives the HEAT a shot to grab him, so I am okay with it.

shep33
12-28-2013, 11:30 PM
He can be traded rather easily I think.

Kblo mentioned this in the Laker forum, but basically any team that wants to get out of a contract can basically trade for Bynum and then not pay him next year's salary since it's a team option

Stunner
12-28-2013, 11:34 PM
That trade scenario was just a suggestion by Brian Windhorst, not anything actually discussed.

But either way, any scenario that ends in him getting waived gives the HEAT a shot to grab him, so I am okay with it.

I was just speaking for the bulls point of view and the rumors of the Waiters for Deng deal the last month or so . This recent development makes things easier . But it will be down between LA and Mia with Boston being a dark horse .

Stunner
12-28-2013, 11:36 PM
Cavs are in a bad position , teams can pry away another player just to get Bynum off their team aka Waiters or Thompson. Cle really wants something back for Bynum instead of letting him go for nothing.

kobe4thewinbang
12-29-2013, 01:48 AM
The dude is finished. He'll be traded and waived. Hope the guy is on anti-depressants because he's screwed up. If he wants to play for a contender, he shouldn't have signed with Cleveland in the first place. Obviously the guy is a swindler and needs to pay for it.

JasonJohnHorn
12-29-2013, 02:17 AM
I think a lot of people are jumping all over this guy for no good reason.

You gotta walk a mile in his shoes. Look at it this way. If he doesn't have the passion for it, and he is independently wealthy, and the game is RUINING his health (and it is), why stay?

His knees are FAWKED! If he stops playing now, he will still likely be walking with a cane by the time he's 50. He'll have knee problems FOREVER and they will get worse if he plays the game.

Now, he's not saying he "hates" the game. The rumours are that he doesn't like it that much (and those are rumours).

But let me ask you this: If you had just made close to 70 million dollars over the last few years, and somebody says: I'll give you another 14 million if you let me fawk up your knees, what would you say?

If you have a passion for the game, if you LOVE the game, and you only get validation playing the game and you look forward to playing it, then yes, you keep playing until you can't. But if you don't have that fire, and you've made 70 million, and somebody wants to pay you 14 million to fawk up your knees doing something you aren't passionate about, are you going to do it?

I don't thinks so.

Chrisclover
12-29-2013, 05:13 AM
Luckily Mitch was perspicacious enough to trade away him. I could not imagine what might have happened to the lakers if he was a still laker.

kylem4711
12-29-2013, 05:15 AM
Please please come to the clips. Any Bynum is better than Hollins or Mullens.

bleedprple&gold
12-29-2013, 05:30 AM
Cavs are in a bad position , teams can pry away another player just to get Bynum off their team aka Waiters or Thompson. Cle really wants something back for Bynum instead of letting him go for nothing.

They would just waive him. They have no reason to give up a quality player to make him go away.

Chrisclover
12-29-2013, 05:52 AM
It's just a bigger testament to how genuine a fool and laughing stock he is. This remind me of an assortment of his antics, like audaciously shooting a 3, going bowling without the consent of his doctor and thus hurting his fragile knee much more .
In 2012all star vote, I voted for him because he had like 18pts and 11rebs per game. But then he was traded and hurt and given up by 76ers.This season he is given 20mins and averages 8.5and 5, not too bad. But Doesn't 24millions appeal to him ?what, he wants a ring ?Doesn't he has 2 already ?Is he on his way to GOAT so he needs more rings ?:facepalm:

Stunner
12-29-2013, 10:42 AM
They would just waive him. They have no reason to give up a quality player to make him go away.

That's the point lol they just don't want to , they want value back that's why they're desperately trying to trade him before the 7th. If the right deal comes along and they get value back by giving up Bynum and one young player they'll Do it .

waveycrockett
12-29-2013, 10:48 AM
The only way anyone is taking Bynum off their hand is if they pkg him either Waiters or Bennett.

Pierzynski4Prez
12-29-2013, 11:34 AM
I was just speaking for the bulls point of view and the rumors of the Waiters for Deng deal the last month or so . This recent development makes things easier . But it will be down between LA and Mia with Boston being a dark horse .

Would be nice to seen (your cavs-bulls trade), but I don't see the Bulls waiving him, just so they can then watch him go sign in Miami. Would try to flip him out west as much as I can.

Stunner
12-29-2013, 11:35 AM
The only way anyone is taking Bynum off their hand is if they pkg him either Waiters or Bennett.

Exactly I just feel like Waiters will end up a Bull come deadline

Stunner
12-29-2013, 11:38 AM
Would be nice to seen (your cavs-bulls trade), but I don't see the Bulls waiving him, just so they can then watch him go sign in Miami. Would try to flip him out west as much as I can.

I don't think they really care , either he's flipped to the west or not Bynum will pull the same thing on another team until he's released or til the end of the season . It's not a guarantee he'll go to the heat . It's 50/50 between him and the Clippers . If anything I think he would go back to LA.

dodgersuck
12-29-2013, 11:47 AM
I'm still trying to figure out how he went 0-11 the other night.

Meaze_Gibson
12-29-2013, 04:03 PM
As a Heat fan I don't want him touching the team at all. One of the biggest reasons ive supported this team was because of the majority high character players. Caron is high character, Lamar Odom, Wade, Mourning, Bron etc. The sacrificing of money so Haslem could join, just everything about them is family based and value filled. To go out and Bynum who wouldnt sacrifice anything just for the sake of the team would be disheartening. IIf they can blackball AI, Marbury, muhammad abdul rauf etc... They def need to get rid of dude too

bleedprple&gold
12-29-2013, 04:08 PM

That's the point lol they just don't want to , they want value back that's why they're desperately trying to trade him before the 7th. If the right deal comes along and they get value back by giving up Bynum and one young player they'll Do it .

My point is they dont need to get something back. If Bynum's value is so low no one wants him then that means he lowers what they could get back from someone like Waiters. They would be better off trading Waiters by himself and waiving Bynum.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-29-2013, 04:24 PM

what the hell are you talking about?

he has a team option

missionh1llpart
12-29-2013, 04:41 PM
Maybe the Nets will hire him to replace Jason Kidd.

mark1125
12-29-2013, 05:12 PM
I see him being broke by age 40.

I hope no other GM wastes any time on him again. Send a message and let him fade away. Of course Miami or the Clips will reward this jackoff.

Stunner
12-29-2013, 05:16 PM
My point is they dont need to get something back. If Bynum's value is so low no one wants him then that means he lowers what they could get back from someone like Waiters. They would be better off trading Waiters by himself and waiving Bynum.
What you aren't seeing is it wouldn't make sense too move Waiters by himself because most likely you would have to part with a bigger contract on team ; A player that you would actually want to keep . So what would you rather do , trade waiters and a combination of players or Waiters and a player with enough money on his contract that doesn't want to be there . If the Cavs really do want to trade Waiters it's time is now , teams are more willing to take on Bynum knowing they won't be on books for all of his contract if released by Jan 7th . Crazy to think that Cle wouldn't want value back for Bynum in some form . If that's the case why not release him now ? Cavs are trying to use Bynums contract as a cap filler for any trade before the 7th. If not then he's just gone and they lose out and most likely have to deal other assets in another deal if they choose .

Cracka2HI!
12-29-2013, 07:01 PM
I love how fans of the 2 teams he is rumored to be interested in would love to have him on their team and everyone else wants him to be broke and working at a Taco Bell by his 30's.

numba1CHANGsta
12-29-2013, 08:10 PM
I doubt the Cavs trade him to the Heat, I mean how bad would that make them look helping out a former player win another championship? Lol

WITZ
12-29-2013, 08:16 PM
I doubt the Cavs trade him to the Heat, I mean how bad would that make them look helping out a former player win another championship? Lol

Yea no way that happens ,the Heat also have nothing to trade in the 1st place not that Bynum is worth much atm anyway. Cavs already own their 1st round pick next year anyway not much else interesting on that team.

mjm07
12-29-2013, 08:28 PM
As a Heat fan I don't want him touching the team at all. One of the biggest reasons ive supported this team was because of the majority high character players. Caron is high character, Lamar Odom, Wade, Mourning, Bron etc. The sacrificing of money so Haslem could join, just everything about them is family based and value filled. To go out and Bynum who wouldnt sacrifice anything just for the sake of the team would be disheartening. IIf they can blackball AI, Marbury, muhammad abdul rauf etc... They def need to get rid of dude too

There's no risk for the HEAT to sign him. If he acts up then he's released. No risk, only reward.

beasted86
12-29-2013, 08:30 PM
I love how fans of the 2 teams he is rumored to be interested in would love to have him on their team and everyone else wants him to be broke and working at a Taco Bell by his 30's.

To be fair I think most team's fans would want Bynum if all it costs is the vet minimum. If he continues his bad attitude or gets injured, its easy to waive him and cost almost nothing.

NBA_Starter
12-29-2013, 10:12 PM
They knew him being a head case was part of the risk when they signed him.

Riodagoat
12-29-2013, 11:53 PM
I'm a Heat supporter but it's kinda pathetic how some Heat "fans" are going crazy over this guy. This guy is a walking cancer. He literally screwed 2 franchises off their money, one being a team he never suit up a game for. I will never forget that first Sixers press con they did for him showing face as if he was really happy to be there. He's all about money. He doesn't care about playing the game. His work ethic is a reflection of that. Read some articles. Might help enlighten some of you.

It also makes Miami front office look bad for starting on a new project when the team is already committed to Oden. With the recent rumors if him being frustrated, what kind of message do you guys think this will give him?
On top of that, he's a horrible fit for Miami. Plugging a 390 pounder with 2 blown knees wouldn't mix well with a run and gun team. Watching him play games in Cleveland, he is SLOW as ****.

Miami has won 2 straight titles. At least show some class. You guys are so desperate for a big man I feel like if Bill Russell went out of retirement, you would all be over his pants.

Tl;dr- Keep this guy off Miami. Let him spend the next 2 years blowing all his money and make him realize his mistakes.

Dade County
12-30-2013, 12:24 AM
I'm a Heat supporter but it's kinda pathetic how some Heat "fans" are going crazy over this guy. This guy is a walking cancer. He literally screwed 2 franchises off their money, one being a team he never suit up a game for. I will never forget that first Sixers press con they did for him showing face as if he was really happy to be there. He's all about money. He doesn't care about playing the game. His work ethic is a reflection of that. Read some articles. Might help enlighten some of you.

He was traded to the 6'ers... What did you want him to do at the press conference...? Look upset and tell everyone their to go F themselves.

He handle it, like any pro would, smile and wave & say some kind words.

It also makes Miami front office look bad for starting on a new project when the team is already committed to Oden. With the recent rumors if him being frustrated, what kind of message do you guys think this will give him?

Oden will conduct himself as a professional... As of right now the HEAT are not ready to place Oden on the court.

On top of that, he's a horrible fit for Miami. Plugging a 390 pounder with 2 blown knees wouldn't mix well with a run and gun team. Watching him play games in Cleveland, he is SLOW as ****.

You are right about that, but if you know Pat Riley Bynum wont see the court until he losses weight.

Miami has won 2 straight titles. At least show some class. You guys are so desperate for a big man I feel like if Bill Russell went out of retirement, you would all be over his pants.

Don't blame HEAT fans for that... If the HEAT played like they are capable of at all times (even against elite teams with big men (Pacers))

Then HEAT fans really wouldn't care about getting a big man.

Tl;dr- Keep this guy off Miami. Let him spend the next 2 years blowing all his money and make him realize his mistakes.

Why would you want someone to blow all of there money; shouldn't want him to learn from his mistakes before he finds himself broke?

Wade n Fade
12-30-2013, 01:27 AM
Here's one fact that makes me hesitant to trust Bynum. He has won rings before. So his complacency is a lot higher and the margin for error chemistry wise is higher than most people think if he's brought into Miami. Beasley's problem was smoking weed, not insubordination or acting like a thug or acting classless.

beasted86
12-30-2013, 03:06 AM
What don't you guys get about prorated vet minimum? If its anything more than that, I don't want him. If he wants a 2 yr contract, I don't want him.

Otherwise, yes, I want him for a minimum prorated 1yr deal. Put him on the bench, get him in shape, and get him ready for May. He complains or causes any problems between now and then, cut him. If he signs with a championship stand up organization and causes problems with the 2nd team in the same year, its basically career suicide, so I don't think it will be an issue. But even if it is, just cut him. We have enough to win without him or Oden for that matter.

But every fan should be willing to take a guy for a vet minimum pro rated contract regardless of attitude or problems. If you have a coach and organization that is up to the task, that's all that matters. Some teams cannot handle a Bynum personality, but the HEAT is one that can. Nothing to lose.

naps
12-30-2013, 12:35 PM
You have to be insanely stupid not to want him for vet minimum when he fills your biggest need. If Pat Riley, LeBron, and Wade can't control his head, then nobody in the league can.

kdspurman
12-30-2013, 12:46 PM
The Cleveland Cavaliers announced Sunday that they have lifted the suspension of center Andrew Bynum, but he still remains away from the team, excused from all basketball activities for the foreseeable future. Was it a case of Bynum being Bynum, or is there something else going on behind the curtains? According to our tipster, apparently Bynum got together with assistant coach Jamahl Mosley’s wife. When they found out, that was the final straw.

http://www.terezowens.com/andrew-bynum-caught-sleeping-with-coachs-wife/

DODGERS&LAKERS
12-30-2013, 02:18 PM

What goes on in Cleveland where players think it's cool to bang teammates/coaches mothers and wives?

kdspurman
12-30-2013, 02:22 PM
What goes on in Cleveland where players think it's cool to bang teammates/coaches mothers and wives?

Ha... I don't know man. I don't know if it's even true or not but wanted to share it. That is kinda crazy though.

LOOTERX9
12-30-2013, 02:54 PM
Bynum is a dog. No team should want him. Josh smith is another mutt that no team should want. These type of lazy players are hard to root for

IKnowHoops
12-30-2013, 04:16 PM
Bynum is a dog. No team should want him. Josh smith is another mutt that no team should want. These type of lazy players are hard to root for

I wouldn't go as far as saying no team should want them. They are lazy no doubt, but they are lazy because they are talented enough to play in the NBA and start, without trying. So yeah, you wish they would work harder so they could realize there full potential, but at the same time, they are talented players and so you take them and pay them there value. If they had awesome work ethic, then you would pay them more. But as it stands they are both pretty good, big time underachievers, and you pay them as such. I wouldn't pay Bynum more than about 4mill due to his injuries. I'd love Josh on my team for about 6-7 mill. I personally wouldn't pay anymore than that. I'd love to have both on my team at those prices. I'd hate them on my team at there current salaries.

beasted86
12-30-2013, 06:41 PM

Look at the source.

I'm sure it will be minutes before someone posts a new thread with this gossip, and everyone will chime in with their opinions and comments suggesting it to be true. Nobody should waste time with this gossip until another source posts it.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-30-2013, 06:42 PM
holy **** he ****ed coaches wife :laugh:

kdspurman
12-30-2013, 07:42 PM
Look at the source.

I'm sure it will be minutes before someone posts a new thread with this gossip, and everyone will chime in with their opinions and comments suggesting it to be true. Nobody should waste time with this gossip until another source posts it.

Oh yea, I know. That's why I put in an earlier post I don't even know how legit or if it's even legit at all. But I wanted to share nonetheless cause it was related to the topic.

Azzacadabra
12-30-2013, 08:10 PM
You go Bangum.