PDA

View Full Version : Heat, Knicks fans: Would you do this trade?

Riodagoat
12-27-2013, 09:33 PM
Once again, this is all hypothetical given how much both teams hate each other.
Let's say both teams are in a serious state to go in another direction. Knicks already know they are mightily struggling and may need a change to consider Carmelo to stay. Many Heat fans always clamoring that Bosh is soft and needs to be traded for a big man given how often try struggle against big teams. Would any of you do this trade?

Knicks get: Bosh, Anthony(expiring)
Heat get: Chandler, Shumpert, TH jr, maybe a pick?

Knicks get another superstar to pair with Carmelo. They get an expiring in Anthony that may help them free a little but of cap space. Heat finally get a big man they want and some wing players to help in place of Wade.

I know the salaries probably won't match, but you get the idea.

Question is, would you do the trade if you were on either side of the team? Why?

Please no hating. Everything is hypothetical as this will never happen :)

WES KOAST
12-27-2013, 09:51 PM
^^^dude can you please stop!!! :facepalm:^^^

shumpert :laugh:

naps
12-27-2013, 10:06 PM
Hell NO!

beasted86
12-27-2013, 10:07 PM
Heat fan: No.

mudvayne387
12-27-2013, 10:10 PM
I wouldn't even trade Bosh for Chandler straight up...

mjm07
12-27-2013, 10:10 PM
Never.

Dade County
12-27-2013, 10:16 PM
Bosh is not a super star.

No I wouldn't want the HEAT to do this trade, Bosh is to valuable. I think the only two big men I would trade Bosh for are Howard and Love (and this is if Bosh wanted out of Miami, for the K love trade... For Howard, i would trade bosh no matter if he wanted to stay).

IKnowHoops
12-27-2013, 10:48 PM
Heat don't want garbage pieces for one good player. If they were all 100% healthy then it still wouldn't happen, but at there current state of health those guys are just dead weight and garbage.

xxplayerxx23
12-27-2013, 11:40 PM
No way

Chrisclover
12-27-2013, 11:46 PM
Chandler is injury prone, so no.

EL_MACHETE
12-27-2013, 11:49 PM
Don't break up something that isn't broken..

EL_MACHETE
12-27-2013, 11:50 PM
Don't break up something that isn't broken..

Only if you get something better in return :)

LongIslandIcedZ
12-28-2013, 12:08 AM
Dont think I'd do it either

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-28-2013, 12:14 AM
Hell no

TheNumber37
12-28-2013, 12:15 AM
Knicks would not do this.

They'd officially have no True Center/ defensive anchor, in exchange for another jump shooting big who didn't succeed with Bargnani... To send THJR to the HEAT? RO Shumpert? AND a pick?
Wow.

KniCks4LiFe
12-28-2013, 12:17 AM
This motha..

Kashmir13579
12-28-2013, 12:31 AM
lmfao this is the type of trade that both fanbases would puke at. However, if i'm a rational Miami fan, i'd be all over this. Bosh tho lol

Daze9900
12-28-2013, 12:40 AM
It doesn't make sense for either teams. Knicks give up too much you give up a defensive anchor a perimeter defender and 3 point making two-guard and a promising rookie who shoots the ball well and runs the floor. And you want knicks to give up a pick which you didn't specify if its going to be lottery protected or not? Heat lose offense by giving up Bosh opening up Lebron and Wade to double teams on offense. Joel Anthony expiring its not enticing because the good free agent class people wan to be in is 2015. Plus the Knicks would not benefit from doing a deal with the Heat that makes them better as they are the team to beat.

Knicks21
12-28-2013, 12:43 AM
Chandler means more to the Knicks than Bosh means to the Heat. Plus giving away TH jnr, our only decent young prospect unless Shumpert can get his *** in gear.

I don't think either team would pull the trigger.

Knicks21
12-28-2013, 12:45 AM
Bosh is not a super star.

No I wouldn't want the HEAT to do this trade, Bosh is to valuable. I think the only two big men I would trade Bosh for are Howard and Love (and this is if Bosh wanted out of Miami, for the K love trade... For Howard, i would trade bosh no matter if he wanted to stay).
Even if he didn't you can't honestly say with a straight face that Bosh wouldn't be traded for K Love straight up, and it will probably cost you a lot more than Bosh as well so you'd be getting an excellent deal.

JEDean89
12-28-2013, 12:48 AM
^^^ i think some people in MIA just want THJR, i don't blame em.

cmellofan15
12-28-2013, 01:17 AM
No way Chandler is more valuable than Bosh. Bosh opens up so many offensive possibilities and different lineups for the Heat to cause matchup problems against a majority of teams. Chandler is a great defensive player, don't get me wrong, but he isn't utilized and probably can't be utilized very well in the Knicks offense where they are hurting the most.

Dade County
12-28-2013, 01:37 AM
Even if he didn't you can't honestly say with a straight face that Bosh wouldn't be traded for K Love straight up, and it will probably cost you a lot more than Bosh as well so you'd be getting an excellent deal.

I am not trying to say that Bosh is better the Love, all I know is that, Bosh helped the HEAT win two rings, and if it wasn't for Lbj con-job, the HEAT would have 3 peated already, and going for are forth in a row.

But I'm not the Gm.

Knicks21
12-28-2013, 01:38 AM
No way Chandler is more valuable than Bosh. Bosh opens up so many offensive possibilities and different lineups for the Heat to cause matchup problems against a majority of teams. Chandler is a great defensive player, don't get me wrong, but he isn't utilized and probably can't be utilized very well in the Knicks offense where they are hurting the most.

How so? A lot of 4's can come out and guard the stretch player, I don't understand how he causes matchup problems other than being a very good player.

And obviously Chandler is severely limited offensively, but the second chance points he provides as well as being a defensive anchor makes his use to the Knicks extremely valuable. W/o him u'd have Barngani and Stoudemire and Bosh protecting the rim giving up 70 points in the paint every game, hence why he is valuable to the knicks.

slashsnake
12-28-2013, 01:50 AM
How so? A lot of 4's can come out and guard the stretch player, I don't understand how he causes matchup problems other than being a very good player.

And obviously Chandler is severely limited offensively, but the second chance points he provides as well as being a defensive anchor makes his use to the Knicks extremely valuable. W/o him u'd have Barngani and Stoudemire and Bosh protecting the rim giving up 70 points in the paint every game, hence why he is valuable to the knicks.

Well it is the whole pulling a rim protector away from the rim for Wade and Lebron. You saw it last year in the ECF. Lebron gets to the rim twice in a row to beat the Pacers... and Hibbert is on the bench, according to Vogel because of Bosh. Bosh hit 53% last year from 16-23 ft (best in league of any player at any position). His midrange when he is on, forces you to open up the lane, or give him those shots.

koreancabbage
12-28-2013, 02:39 AM
worst trading partners lol unless its role player for role player. It doesn't help the Knicks defense at all.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
12-28-2013, 02:43 AM
Don't like it for both tbh.

Knicks21
12-28-2013, 03:36 AM
Well it is the whole pulling a rim protector away from the rim for Wade and Lebron. You saw it last year in the ECF. Lebron gets to the rim twice in a row to beat the Pacers... and Hibbert is on the bench, according to Vogel because of Bosh. Bosh hit 53% last year from 16-23 ft (best in league of any player at any position). His midrange when he is on, forces you to open up the lane, or give him those shots.

Fair point offensively, I'll change my original statement. Chandler is more valuable to the Knicks than Bosh would be on the Knicks and vice versa with the Heat. So both teams would decline the trade imo.

John Walls Era
12-28-2013, 05:00 AM
Chandler was very valuable tonight when Jonas outmatched him....

BTW the Heats would be dumb to save the Knicks with this trade. Tyson is very valuable, but Heat would be helping the Knicks more than the Knicks would be helping the Heat.

meloman1592
12-28-2013, 06:02 AM
If I'm the Knicks......HEELLLLLLLL NOOOOOOO
If I'm the heat....I don't jump at this, maybe don't even do it. But I'd think about it

John Walls Era
12-28-2013, 06:04 AM
Even in a hypothetical situation, the Knicks don't have much leverage.