PDA

View Full Version : Al Horford, Complete right pectoral tear

torocan
12-27-2013, 07:32 PM
Chris Vivlamore ‏@ajchawks 16m
According to a team source, Al Horford suffered a complete tear of his right pectoral muscle. #ATLHawks

https://twitter.com/ajchawks

Horford suffers complete tear of right pectoral muscle

The Hawks received the worst possible news on the injury to Al Horford when test results revealed a complete tear of his right pectoral muscle Friday, according to a team source. Horford was examined Friday afternoon after suffering the injury in Thursday’s game against the Cavaliers.

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/hawks-await-word-on-horford-carroll/ncWrH/

Wow, tough luck for the Hawks.

effen5
12-27-2013, 07:35 PM
Holy **** that is a painful injury

tredigs
12-27-2013, 07:39 PM
Makes ten teams now with a top player out injured.

Anybody know the length of the recovery? Weeks, months? The year?

FraziersKnicks
12-27-2013, 07:43 PM

He missed 4 months when he tore his other pectoral muscle 2 seasons ago.

True Sports Fan
12-27-2013, 07:44 PM

My guess would be 4-6 months.

Ezio
12-27-2013, 07:54 PM
There goes the Hawks season?

*Silver&Black*
12-27-2013, 08:00 PM

Depending on if we go get another big, we are still good enough to make the playoffs. Wonder which direction Ferry goes. Either trade our players and "rebuild" (but why tank when we can just switch picks with the Nets this season and next anyways), or try to stay competitive.

Ezio
12-27-2013, 08:04 PM
Depending on if we go get another big, we are still good enough to make the playoffs. Wonder which direction Ferry goes. Either trade our players and "rebuild" (but why tank when we can just switch picks with the Nets this season and next anyways), or try to stay competitive.

Asik is there for the taking but he'll throw a fuss when Horford comes back.

shep33
12-27-2013, 08:10 PM

Chill... they play in the east. A couple more wins and they'll have the 3 seed clinched

*Silver&Black*
12-27-2013, 08:11 PM
Hope Jeff Teague continues to improve. This is pretty much his team now.

tredigs
12-27-2013, 08:13 PM
Hope Jeff Teague continues to improve. This is pretty much his team now.

I was hoping Teague would improve this year (fantasy), but instead he regressed. Assist:TO ratio is down, shooting's way down. Just been super inconsistent lately.

4-6 months though? Brutal. Still good enough for HCA in the East, but as usual they're not going to make playoff noise.

*Silver&Black*
12-27-2013, 08:20 PM
The most interesting thing though is, if the Hawks decide to call it a season and go for a lottery pick, they have the right to switch with the Nets. Now what if they don't switch, both go to the lottery, Nets pick goes to Boston, and Boston gets the 1st pick. What bad luck that will be. I say Hawks stay the course to the playoffs, try to get a replacement big, and hope the Nets don't make the playoffs so you can switch picks, which will also give the Celtics ATL's pick, hurting Boston's chances of a lottery pick from Brooklyn.

IndyRealist
12-27-2013, 08:39 PM
The most interesting thing though is, if the Hawks decide to call it a season and go for a lottery pick, they have the right to switch with the Nets. Now what if they don't switch, both go to the lottery, Nets pick goes to Boston, and Boston gets the 1st pick. What bad luck that will be. I say Hawks stay the course to the playoffs, try to get a replacement big, and hope the Nets don't make the playoffs so you can switch picks, which will also give the Celtics ATL's pick, hurting Boston's chances of a lottery pick from Brooklyn.

Is there a deadline when the Hawks have to declare if they're switching picks? I have no idea if they can just wait until after the lottery.

*Silver&Black*
12-27-2013, 09:12 PM
Is there a deadline when the Hawks have to declare if they're switching picks? I have no idea if they can just wait until after the lottery.

I would like to know as well. Not sure of the answer. Would be nice to wait to see which pick is better obviously, then you wouldn't have to worry about making a bad decision.

THE MTL
12-27-2013, 09:26 PM
Ouch, I just came back from the gym and my chest is throbbing. I cant imagine the pain tearing such a huge muscle

b@llhog24
12-27-2013, 09:34 PM
Ouch.

bholly
12-27-2013, 09:37 PM

I would like to know as well. Not sure of the answer. Would be nice to wait to see which pick is better obviously, then you wouldn't have to worry about making a bad decision.

I don't know for sure what the formal arrangements are, but they absolutely get until after the lottery to decide.

*Silver&Black*
12-28-2013, 02:57 AM
I don't know for sure what the formal arrangements are, but they absolutely get until after the lottery to decide.

Oh cool, so when the lottery is shown on ESPN, and say the Nets get the #1 pick and Ferry/Hawks get like #12, Ferry can walk over and take the Nets pick, which in turn the #12 Hawks pick goes to Boston? Makes sense that they would allow a switch after the lottery.

kylem4711
12-28-2013, 03:29 AM
Dang man, this is awful.

Chrisclover
12-28-2013, 06:06 AM
Oh, he is done for this season. Hope he could come back early

Swashcuff
12-28-2013, 08:30 AM
Like I said in the Kobe, Rose and Westy threads this suckkkkssssssss!!! Another all star will be missing considerable time possibly gone for the rest of the season.

PurpleLynch
12-28-2013, 09:14 AM
Sad for Horford,he was playing some serious bball.

PS:Lebron was definitely hit by gamma rays. Can't believe his almost injuries free career.