PDA

View Full Version : Westbrook out

Ryan328
12-27-2013, 04:46 PM
http://nfc.nbcsports.com/headlines/nba/221385/russell-westbrook-out-until-all-star-break

Lakers + Giants
12-27-2013, 04:47 PM
Yup, just got the alert on my phone. He's on my fantasy team too :pity:

bholly
12-27-2013, 04:48 PM
Uggh, this suuuucks.

Pakman
12-27-2013, 04:49 PM
He'll be back when it counts. Thats all that matters

Ryan328
12-27-2013, 04:50 PM
True, OKC will just slide in the seedings is all.

shep33
12-27-2013, 04:59 PM
This is kind of worrisome now though. What is this? His 3rd surgery in a year

SPURSFAN1
12-27-2013, 05:00 PM
The gift that keeps on giving.

kdspurman
12-27-2013, 05:01 PM
Yup, just got the alert on my phone. He's on my fantasy team too :pity:

Reggie Jackson available?

RipCity32
12-27-2013, 05:03 PM
Becoming pretty injury proned

torocan
12-27-2013, 05:04 PM
Tough situation for RW and the Thunder. Fortunately he'll be back, but it will hurt them in the standings.

Houston@OKC might have some drama. Patrick Beverley might want to keep a low profile...

mjt20mik
12-27-2013, 05:06 PM

I picked him up 2 days ago.. happiest guy in the world now

Supreme LA
12-27-2013, 05:13 PM
Becoming pretty injury proned

I don't know if that's how I would describe it. I think it has more to do with playing style as opposed to any frailty of his body. I mean, people aren't meant to go full throttle the way Westbrook and Rose do pushing their bodies to the limit every game. Seriously, these are still smaller guys flying and banging around on the court with big men in he paint.

This is also the reason why Lebron is so special. The guy has the durability due to his freakish size and strength. Let Westbrook & Rose be 6'8"/270 and I bet you they wouldn't be injuring themselves.

EL_MACHETE
12-27-2013, 05:21 PM
Awww :(

Get well soon Russell

sunsfan88
12-27-2013, 05:32 PM
Why get another surgery? He looked fine the last game.

RipCity32
12-27-2013, 05:33 PM
In statement, Presti says recent MRI showed "area of concern that had not previously existed, nor was detectable in the previous procedures"
3:37 PM - 27 Dec 2013

Bruno
12-27-2013, 05:42 PM
good thing i traded him for Harden in my dynasty league. just picked up jackson as well.

Bruno
12-27-2013, 05:42 PM
Why get another surgery? He looked fine the last game.
major swelling.

poleandreel
12-27-2013, 05:49 PM
what a ****ing ***** patrick scrub beverly is. He is ruining the career of a superstar player and the championship aspirations of a team because he is a scrub that wanted to hustle on 1 play in a game/series they had no chance in.

What a ****ing piece of ****.

EL_MACHETE
12-27-2013, 05:52 PM
what a ****ing ***** patrick scrub beverly is. He is ruining the career of a player and the championship aspirations of a team because he is a scrub that wanted to hustle on 1 play in a game/series they had no chance in.

This

fredv
12-27-2013, 05:56 PM
what a ****ing ***** patrick scrub beverly is. He is ruining the career of a superstar player and the championship aspirations of a team because he is a scrub that wanted to hustle on 1 play in a game/series they had no chance in.

It was an accident.

Westbrook does the same kind of things all the time to.

But I understand Westbrook fans frustration... One of my favorite Texans got injured 2 years in a row by another player, it sucks.

Minimal
12-27-2013, 05:56 PM
Damn, I really hope he won't become another Derrick Rose.

TestedWest
12-27-2013, 06:02 PM

Lmao

Wade n Fade
12-27-2013, 06:15 PM
This definitely sucks. Westbrook is a high character guy, fun to watch, but he does have his shooting problems of taking too many shots. I just hope it's not a Brandon Roy or Derrick Rose situation. Westbrook is so electrifying. And this sucks for OKC. Now, it's just Ibaka, Jackson, and Durant. Their first round pick, Steven Adams, is not that good either. Talk about tough luck for Presti.

Red_Pill
12-27-2013, 06:27 PM
Damn, I really hope he won't become another Derrick Rose.

Has he looked as terrible as Derrick Rose? He'll be fine. He was having some swelling issues, and this surgery will alleviate that. It's not like his meniscus is torn again. The good news is he'll be back well before the playoffs, which is when it actually matters.

And with Reggie Jackson playing extremely well, it'll be interesting to see how he performs now in the extra minutes he'll be given.

Lakers + Giants
12-27-2013, 06:29 PM

I had him 2 weeks ago, dropped him. Now I went back to check if he was there and someone else has him :(

blahblahyoutoo
12-27-2013, 06:38 PM
This definitely sucks. Westbrook is a high character guy, fun to watch, but he does have his shooting problems of taking too many shots. I just hope it's not a Brandon Roy or Derrick Rose situation. Westbrook is so electrifying. And this sucks for OKC. Now, it's just Ibaka, Jackson, and Durant. Their first round pick, Steven Adams, is not that good either. Talk about tough luck for Presti.

from the few thunder games i've watched this year, he's been much better at not taking ill advised shots.

Minimal
12-27-2013, 06:43 PM
Has he looked as terrible as Derrick Rose? He'll be fine. He was having some swelling issues, and this surgery will alleviate that. It's not like his meniscus is torn again. The good news is he'll be back well before the playoffs, which is when it actually matters.

And with Reggie Jackson playing extremely well, it'll be interesting to see how he performs now in the extra minutes he'll be given.
I know its nothing serious, but you never know. He is one of my favourite players and I just dont want for him to end up as Rose. 1st injury 2nd injury and boom your career is over. I hope the surgery will only benefit him.
OKC will be fine, I have no doubt about that. Jackson is playing nearly on Harden level so they'll be fine without Westbrook.

astrosmaniac
12-27-2013, 06:48 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjWrjQpNBsA

Westbrook doing the same play.

Get over it

mdm692
12-27-2013, 06:53 PM

:laugh:.

Swashcuff
12-27-2013, 07:20 PM
This ****ing suckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkssssssssssssssssss!!! Just when Westy was starting to hit his stride. :mad:

torocan
12-27-2013, 07:38 PM

Not to point out some irony, but you do realize that Houston wouldn't have even been in the Play Offs if OKC didn't trade Harden to Houston....

Just saying... :hide:

THE MTL
12-27-2013, 09:30 PM
Im thinking this freakish athleticism that players have these days is not natural and puts too much strain on the body. These new fitness methods that can isolate one muscle and the way we use drugs, massage therapies, water therapies, etc. to mask underlying injuries are catching up to the players.

Big time players getting these prolonged injuries are becoming ever-so common.

WES KOAST
12-27-2013, 09:45 PM
just got the bad news...he's my fav player dang

was it a tear?

WES KOAST
12-27-2013, 09:48 PM

dude I totally feel your frustration. I still feel the same way when I see Patrick dumb Beverley play