PDA

View Full Version : Brooklyn Nets trade possibilities if they decide to break things up

mbsalame123
12-27-2013, 03:20 AM
So the Nets suck, if you haven't noticed yet. To make things worse, their best player Brook Lopez was injured for the rest of the season.

So now they are stuck with a veteran team that doesn't have much left other then this year and next year to compete for a title... oh and they have a coach that was playing in the nba last year against his roster, KG, Pierce, Williams, Johnson and everyone else in the playoffs.

I think it is a matter of time before the nets start to rebuild and just decide to trade away some of their stars. I think KG, Pierce, and Williams can get them some much needed talent to help them stay competitive or just plain old start over again with a young coach and less expectations this time.

So make your predictions... what kind of trades do you see the Nets making?

mbsalame123
12-27-2013, 03:28 AM
I think the Nets can try and package KG and Pierce in a trade to a contender for some youngsters or others. A possibility is to the Clippers, although the clippers would have to get a third team involved or need to send back several contracts. Deandre Jordan and Jamal Crawford would most likely be the main players involved but other than that I can't think of anything else.

I think KG can be traded in a separate trade to the Thunder for Perkins, Jones, Lamb and a draft pick... the thunder would get a big man to pair down low with Ibaka and this might finally make them stand out over everyone else in the West.

The nets could trade Pierce to the Grizzlies for Randolph, as rumored earlier this week or they can trade him to the lakers for pau gasol... maybe packaging pierce and kg for gasol, kaman, and a couple other players.

It is hard thinking of trades for both of these stars because they are old, not as reliable as before and have expensive contracts. Plus I don't think their are many nba title contenders that might want either of them.

But trading Deron Williams shouldn't be a problem. I think a perfect trade can be for Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin out of Houston. The nets get a replacement center in Asik and a young point guard that might be better for the nets then williams. The rockets get a superstar point guard who needs a change of scenary and maybe playing with a big man like Howard (who he wanted to play with back in the orlando days when the dwightmare was going on) and a great scorer in Harden would be perfect. Remember these 3 played together on team usa so they would have chemistry together.

I think Jason Terry gets thrown into any deal with these 3 players too... but now its your turn, what do you think will happen?

mbsalame123
12-27-2013, 03:29 AM
By the way, I haven't mentioned Joe Johnson because he is nearly impossible to trade! His contract is too big so he is left stuck in Brooklyn whether they trade him away or not... maybe they amnesty him at the end of the year if they decide to rebuild?

Deception
12-27-2013, 05:08 AM
By the way, I haven't mentioned Joe Johnson because he is nearly impossible to trade! His contract is too big so he is left stuck in Brooklyn whether they trade him away or not... maybe they amnesty him at the end of the year if they decide to rebuild?

Really wish people understood the rules and requirements when it comes to amnesty a player.

Chrisclover
12-27-2013, 05:10 AM
What a perplexing labyrinth. The Nets FO should play more 2k dynasty to test different outcomes of different proposals.And I guess they will be shocked that most of the different packages will not be so much different at the end of the day .:oldguy:
They sowed the wind and now reap the whirlwind .I still remember how conceited Proky looked when that blockbuster trade was made.

MikefromMars
12-27-2013, 10:33 AM
I think the Nets can try and package KG and Pierce in a trade to a contender for some youngsters or others. A possibility is to the Clippers, although the clippers would have to get a third team involved or need to send back several contracts. Deandre Jordan and Jamal Crawford would most likely be the main players involved but other than that I can't think of anything else.

I think KG can be traded in a separate trade to the Thunder for Perkins, Jones, Lamb and a draft pick... the thunder would get a big man to pair down low with Ibaka and this might finally make them stand out over everyone else in the West.

The nets could trade Pierce to the Grizzlies for Randolph, as rumored earlier this week or they can trade him to the lakers for pau gasol... maybe packaging pierce and kg for gasol, kaman, and a couple other players.

It is hard thinking of trades for both of these stars because they are old, not as reliable as before and have expensive contracts. Plus I don't think their are many nba title contenders that might want either of them.

But trading Deron Williams shouldn't be a problem. I think a perfect trade can be for Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin out of Houston. The nets get a replacement center in Asik and a young point guard that might be better for the nets then williams. The rockets get a superstar point guard who needs a change of scenary and maybe playing with a big man like Howard (who he wanted to play with back in the orlando days when the dwightmare was going on) and a great scorer in Harden would be perfect. Remember these 3 played together on team usa so they would have chemistry together.

I think Jason Terry gets thrown into any deal with these 3 players too... but now its your turn, what do you think will happen?

You're overvaluing KG big time. He has played horrible this yr.

The trade I could see is Asik, Lin and a pick for Williams and KG.

EL_MACHETE
12-27-2013, 10:55 AM
[QUOTE=mbsalame123;27681168]

I think KG can be traded in a separate trade to the Thunder for Perkins, Jones, Lamb and a draft pick... the thunder would get a big man to pair down low with Ibaka and this might finally make them stand out over everyone else in the West. [QUOTE]

Their is no way in Hell that Okc will ever trade Lamb, Jones AND a 1st rounder for a washed up Garnett!

We'll offer you Perkins and a 2nd rounder for Garnett at most. If Brooklyn ain't interested then the deal is off. Simple as That.

NYKnickFanatic
12-27-2013, 11:00 AM
Really wish people understood the rules and requirements when it comes to amnesty a player.

I know, right. I love his enthusiasm, though.

FOXHOUND
12-27-2013, 11:08 AM
The question is, can they really blow it up? I mean we have to remember that they traded THREE first round picks to the Celtics to get Pierce, Garnett, Terry and whatever other garbage they got. They really put themselves in a win or nothing for two years scenario, with the hopes that they would win at least 1 title and then they wouldn't care about the aftermath of sucking with little draft picks available.

To make matters worse, because of swap options, the Nets can lose their next FIVE draft picks.

2014 - Hawks can swap/Celtics take lower pick - Joe Johnson/Celtic trade
2015 - Hawks can swap - Joe Johnson trade
2016 - Celtics get it - Celtic trade
2017 - Celtics can swap - Celtic trade
2018 - Celtics get it - Celtic trade

And remember, their 2011, 2012 and 2013 picks were already traded for Deron/Wallace/Joe. 2011 was Kanter, 2012 was Lillard.

HOLY CRAP!

As bad as the Knicks are right now it makes me feel a little better to look across the bridge to see that there is in fact a franchise run more poorly. Billy King, run for your life while you can.

king4day
12-27-2013, 11:33 AM

You can only amnesty a player you signed before the last CBA went into effect. They acquired JJ via trade so he doesn't apply.

RLundi
12-27-2013, 11:34 AM
Can they trade Jason Kidd?

MagicBucsSox
12-27-2013, 11:38 AM

Nba won't allow pierce & Garnett to the clips until a full year passes. This was settled before they even went to brooklyn

MagicBucsSox
12-27-2013, 11:39 AM
You can only amnesty a player you signed before the last CBA went into effect. They acquired JJ via trade so he doesn't apply.

This is correct, only one they can amnesty is deron. Because he's under a new deal

black1605
12-27-2013, 12:00 PM
This is correct, only one they can amnesty is deron. Because he's under a new deal

The Nets have already used their amnesty on Travis Outlaw. They can't amnesty anyone else.

MagicBucsSox
12-27-2013, 12:03 PM
The Nets have already used their amnesty on Travis Outlaw. They can't amnesty anyone else.

Lmaooooo I'll never wonder how billy king got a 2nd job

dhopisthename
12-27-2013, 12:05 PM
the reality is you can't rebuild without picks and like some poster mentioned they don't have for quite a few years. they have to somehow make this work

blahblahyoutoo
12-27-2013, 12:14 PM
So the Nets suck, if you haven't noticed yet. To make things worse, their best player Brook Lopez was injured for the rest of the season.

So now they are stuck with a veteran team that doesn't have much left other then this year and next year to compete for a title... oh and they have a coach that was playing in the nba last year against his roster, KG, Pierce, Williams, Johnson and everyone else in the playoffs.

I think it is a matter of time before the nets start to rebuild and just decide to trade away some of their stars. I think KG, Pierce, and Williams can get them some much needed talent to help them stay competitive or just plain old start over again with a young coach and less expectations this time.

So make your predictions... what kind of trades do you see the Nets making?

if anyone still wants KG and pierce after last post season and this... I dont' know what to say...

ichitownclowni
12-27-2013, 12:17 PM

This

king4day
12-27-2013, 12:18 PM
If the Nets decide to blow it up, they could be in serious trouble. There best bet is to trade KG and Pierce. KG might net you a late first from a team like OKC. Pierce seems to be having the better year. You might be able to land the same there too. BKN needs to fire King and hire a GM with full control to do things his own way.

RipCity32
12-27-2013, 12:18 PM
Lol at KG for Lamb, Jones and draft picks.

Red_Pill
12-27-2013, 12:25 PM

Sometimes I wonder if some of you actually watch Basketball. The Thunder are only a half game out from having the best record in the NBA. They already are standing out. They have two top six players, a great PF in Ibaka, and a really solid bench. They don't and won't trade Lamb or Jones for an over-the-hill Garnett.

bholly
12-27-2013, 12:40 PM
Nba won't allow pierce & Garnett to the clips until a full year passes. This was settled before they even went to brooklyn

I don't think any of us are too clear on the details of that ruling. It's entirely possible that they'd allow it, just not deals directly between Boston and LAC.

John Walls Era
12-27-2013, 12:54 PM
Too late to blow it up. They traded away so many assets.

Giannis94
12-27-2013, 12:58 PM
The question is, can they really blow it up? I mean we have to remember that they traded THREE first round picks to the Celtics to get Pierce, Garnett, Terry and whatever other garbage they got. They really put themselves in a win or nothing for two years scenario, with the hopes that they would win at least 1 title and then they wouldn't care about the aftermath of sucking with little draft picks available.

To make matters worse, because of swap options, the Nets can lose their next FIVE draft picks.

2014 - Hawks can swap/Celtics take lower pick - Joe Johnson/Celtic trade
2015 - Hawks can swap - Joe Johnson trade
2016 - Celtics get it - Celtic trade
2017 - Celtics can swap - Celtic trade
2018 - Celtics get it - Celtic trade

And remember, their 2011, 2012 and 2013 picks were already traded for Deron/Wallace/Joe. 2011 was Kanter, 2012 was Lillard.

HOLY CRAP!

As bad as the Knicks are right now it makes me feel a little better to look across the bridge to see that there is in fact a franchise run more poorly. Billy King, run for your life while you can.

Ahahaha makes me feel better about my Bucks. Are Celtics picks protected, unprotected or what?

KniCks4LiFe
12-27-2013, 01:03 PM
Too late to blow it up. They traded away so many assets.

No it's not.

This is the thinking that gets GMs in trouble. That's why they are where they are. If they stay the course they are a 28 win team, tops. They have to blow it up. They can get picks from a PP, KG or Terry. These guys aren't unmovable especially w/ playoff races coming soon and home court advantage being a necessity.

So no it's not too late. They just don't have a good GM.

And to correct something here.

They don't not have picks. They don't have their own picks.

KniCks4LiFe
12-27-2013, 01:08 PM
2014 - They have no pick
2015 - Hawks can take the highest pick
2016 - They have no pick
2017 - Celtics can take the highest pick
2018 - They have no pick

So 2 out of the next 5 yrs. they don't own a pick.

shep33
12-27-2013, 01:19 PM
No way the Clips trade DJ for KG

KniCks4LiFe
12-27-2013, 01:27 PM
Lol at KG for Lamb, Jones and draft picks.

when does this happen New Years after they downed the Ciroc and ish?

hell no.

John Walls Era
12-27-2013, 01:35 PM
No it's not.

This is the thinking that gets GMs in trouble. That's why they are where they are. If they stay the course they are a 28 win team, tops. They have to blow it up. They can get picks from a PP, KG or Terry. These guys aren't unmovable especially w/ playoff races coming soon and home court advantage being a necessity.

So no it's not too late. They just don't have a good GM.

And to correct something here.

They don't not have picks. They don't have their own picks.

its an ego thing. I really doubt KG and Pierce can get them a good pick. They would also need to completely rebuild and trade Lopez and Deron who probably won't get their full value. Also when rebuilding, it completely sucks when you don't have your own picks.

KniCks4LiFe
12-27-2013, 01:43 PM
its an ego thing. I really doubt KG and Pierce can get them a good pick. They would also need to completely rebuild and trade Lopez and Deron who probably won't get their full value. Also when rebuilding, it completely sucks when you don't have your own picks.

It does but it's not impossible. Talent does fall, David Lee was a low pick. Manu fell, Wilson Chandler was a low pick. It's not as dire as peeps are making it. Infact you could say more of the top 13 picks never pan out. Now yeh this draft is deep but again, it's not impossible.

I already think step #1 should be moving D-Will and the big 3 before you touch a Lopez.

mbsalame123
12-27-2013, 02:11 PM

To be honest, I didn't understand the whole amnesty clause rule until now... thanks everyone for clearing it up! I always thought that you can amnesty any player on the team and only have one chance, but then again I forgot to realize that the nets already used the amnesty on Travis Outlaw.

Thanks for pointing this one out! ^^^^

mbsalame123
12-27-2013, 02:13 PM
when does this happen New Years after they downed the Ciroc and ish?

hell no.

I was actually thinking of the trade rumors that ran all up over the summer which was paul pierce, kg, and terry for bledsoe, jordan, and crawford along with others.

Wow to think the clippers and celtics almost pulled that deal off... the celtics would have been big winners

shep33
12-27-2013, 02:14 PM
The clips have no need to trade with the nets. Pierce and kg for whom exactly?

mbsalame123
12-27-2013, 02:19 PM
You're overvaluing KG big time. He has played horrible this yr.

The trade I could see is Asik, Lin and a pick for Williams and KG.

By the way the nets declined a trade of asik and lin for williams so if the nets have to include kg then it will be even worse decline! People are undervaluing KG right now. Last year he was an all star and having a great year! He just doesn't fit in this current system right now. If he goes to a championship contender like the Thunder then he would go back to averaging 15 points and 10 rebounds.

D-Leethal
12-27-2013, 02:22 PM
DWill is the only guy that can net them some assets and picks. Your not getting a first for Pierce or KG with the way they have played this year.

mbsalame123
12-27-2013, 02:24 PM
[QUOTE=mbsalame123;27681168]

I think KG can be traded in a separate trade to the Thunder for Perkins, Jones, Lamb and a draft pick... the thunder would get a big man to pair down low with Ibaka and this might finally make them stand out over everyone else in the West. [QUOTE]

Their is no way in Hell that Okc will ever trade Lamb, Jones AND a 1st rounder for a washed up Garnett!

We'll offer you Perkins and a 2nd rounder for Garnett at most. If Brooklyn ain't interested then the deal is off. Simple as That.

Ok I might have put in Lamb and overvalued KG right now but if the Thunder can get KG at a cheaper price then that would be amazing!

I could see Kendrick Perkins, Perry Jones and a second round pick or Kendrick Perkins and a draft pick and maybe Jones or Andre Roberson for KG.

KG and Ibaka down low would be amazing and he would give them that veteran big man that they have needed... he would be a big upgrade over Perkins. The nets get a young player in Jones who has amazing talent in my opinion and would get to blossom in brooklyn... they also get a draft pick and a big man that will do for now and can be released without having to pay him his full contract.

bleedprple&gold
12-27-2013, 02:27 PM
2014 - They have no pick
2015 - Hawks can take the highest pick
2016 - They have no pick
2017 - Celtics can take the highest pick
2018 - They have no pick

So 2 out of the next 5 yrs. they don't own a pick.

This is terrible management to give up all your picks without at least some type of protection. The Nets are going to be awful for years.

effen5
12-27-2013, 02:28 PM
By the way the nets declined a trade of asik and lin for williams so if the nets have to include kg then it will be even worse decline! People are undervaluing KG right now. Last year he was an all star and having a great year! He just doesn't fit in this current system right now. If he goes to a championship contender like the Thunder then he would go back to averaging 15 points and 10 rebounds.

You're not getting anything back for kg or pierce. The only valuable assets you have are dwill and brook but won't get anything significant back.

mbsalame123
12-27-2013, 02:29 PM
If the Nets decide to blow it up, they could be in serious trouble. There best bet is to trade KG and Pierce. KG might net you a late first from a team like OKC. Pierce seems to be having the better year. You might be able to land the same there too. BKN needs to fire King and hire a GM with full control to do things his own way.

I think KG can get them a young player like Jones and a draft pick... people are underrating KG right now... he is just in a bad situation like I said and if he is on a good team, he can still average 15 points and 10 rebounds along with a couple blocks. KG to the Thunder would be a huge upgrade over Perkins, don't get me wrong right here!

Pierce can still score and will get you a draft pick along with a couple young players probably... I mean there were talks of Zach Randolph for Paul Pierce! Randolph is way better then Pierce right now, but Pierce can still get you this kind of value.

I think Pierce can get traded to a team like the Clippers for Crawford and a draft pick along with someone else like Byron Mullens.... maybe a trade to the Lakers for Pau Gasol? Don't forget Terry, he would most likely get thrown in a deal somewhere, or maybe they keep him in Brooklyn with his former back court partner who is now his coach, Jason Kidd.

I think the Nets can get good value from Williams right now while he still has it, because his value has been dropping over the years. So if I'm the nets I go for a Asik, Lin and draft pick for Williams and Reggie Evans.

mbsalame123
12-27-2013, 02:31 PM
You're not getting anything back for kg or pierce. The only valuable assets you have are dwill and brook but won't get anything significant back.

A late first round draft pick is obtainable. I think the Thunder might be able to give up a draft pick along with Jones if it means getting rid of Perkins contract and getting a hall of fame big man that would put them over the top in the West

RipCity32
12-27-2013, 02:31 PM

Sad thing is he will probably be a AllStar again this year :laugh2:.

mbsalame123
12-27-2013, 02:32 PM

You're not getting anything for Pierce? Really?! Sorry but the latest rumors had Pau Gasol headed to the Nets for pierce or Zach Randolph headed to the nets for Pierce. If Pierce can still get you a superstar big then he sure can get you a draft pick.

Now other pieces had to be added to the deal from the Nets side but Pierce and KG can still get you good talent, everyone is just underrating them right now

effen5
12-27-2013, 02:33 PM
A late first round draft pick is obtainable. I think the Thunder might be able to give up a draft pick along with Jones if it means getting rid of Perkins contract and getting a hall of fame big man that would put them over the top in the West

Maybe a 2nd rounder.

mbsalame123
12-27-2013, 02:35 PM
Sad thing is he will probably be a AllStar again this year :laugh2:.

hahaha the east sucks so much that I wouldn't be surprised if a player like Deron Williams makes the team. If lopez was healthy, then he would most likely be a lock to make the all star team.

But like I was saying, KG is playing a reduced role in Brooklyn, same with pierce(he even admitted it in an interview on Christmas day). Both players are playing reduced roles and fewer minutes, the offense isn't run through them right now, pierce is coming off the bench!

If KG goes to a title contender and starts there then he will be back to a double double big man and pierce can easily average 18 points a game on a title contender team or as a second option on a team like the cavaliers

mbsalame123
12-27-2013, 02:36 PM
Maybe a 2nd rounder.

I think the Thunder would be willing to give up a draft pick, first or second, if it means getting rid of Perkins

RipCity32
12-27-2013, 02:38 PM

Is Garnett even a player that is going to put any team over the top anymore?

mbsalame123
12-27-2013, 02:39 PM

I was just using the rumors from over the summer that had Jordan and bledsoe heading to the Celtics for Pierce and KG... remember that! Wow what a steal it would have been for the Celtics.

But anyways, I was thinking that Rivers wouldn't mind getting KG and Pierce back in LA with him and the Clippers would be in a much better win now situation then they are right now, however do you give up youth for a chance to win a title now or next year and then lose all of that 3 years from now? probably not!

mbsalame123
12-27-2013, 02:42 PM
Is Garnett even a player that is going to put any team over the top anymore?

So you're telling me that KG wouldn't make the Thunder better then they are right now if he were to be acquired for Perkins and a draft pick?

What is Perkins doing right now that KG can't do better? If anything KG would be the veteran that guards Tim Duncan, Lamarcus Aldridge, Kevin Love and other bigs in the West and take the load off of Serge Ibaka so that he can blossom on the offensive end.

Remember everyone compares Serge Ibaka's potential to that of KG. What better way to turn Ibaka into an all star and have him reach his full potential by allowing him to learn and play next to the player everyone compares him to, KG.

All I'm saying is that KG would be an upgrade over many teams current centers, look at OKC

RipCity32
12-27-2013, 02:43 PM
Yeah nobody is trading for Garnett. I just looked at his stats and Hes avg 6rebs, 6pts on 37% shooting at the age of 37.

RipCity32
12-27-2013, 02:46 PM
So you're telling me that KG wouldn't make the Thunder better then they are right now if he were to be acquired for Perkins and a draft pick?

What is Perkins doing right now that KG can't do better? If anything KG would be the veteran that guards Tim Duncan, Lamarcus Aldridge, Kevin Love and other bigs in the West and take the load off of Serge Ibaka so that he can blossom on the offensive end.

Remember everyone compares Serge Ibaka's potential to that of KG. What better way to turn Ibaka into an all star and have him reach his full potential by allowing him to learn and play next to the player everyone compares him to, KG.

All I'm saying is that KG would be an upgrade over many teams current centers, look at OKC

Hes better than Perkins, yes. But He's not good enough for OKC to give up a asset for especially when they are already playing great.

Deception
12-27-2013, 02:50 PM
To be honest, I didn't understand the whole amnesty clause rule until now... thanks everyone for clearing it up! I always thought that you can amnesty any player on the team and only have one chance, but then again I forgot to realize that the nets already used the amnesty on Travis Outlaw.

Thanks for pointing this one out! ^^^^

It's not just that they used it, they can only use the amnesty on players on the team prior to the new CBA. Not even Deron could be amnestied, he was resigned after.

Rockice_8
12-27-2013, 02:54 PM
DWill is the only guy that can net them some assets and picks. Your not getting a first for Pierce or KG with the way they have played this year.

Bargnani yielded a first so I could see PP and KG bringing back a late first from a team looking to add that one last piece for a championship run. Both have short contracts as well and the Nets can throw 3M in as well to offset their salaries making them very tradable. I don't think a short stretch of poor play is going to scare teams away. Both are still good players who can contribute in the right situation. It just looks like BK was it.

Rockice_8
12-27-2013, 02:59 PM
Yeah nobody is trading for Garnett. I just looked at his stats and Hes avg 6rebs, 6pts on 37% shooting at the age of 37.

Two months on a team with zero identity doesn't erase what he did last season. Plus a late first from OKC isn't really all that much TBH. They probably don't have room for the guy to play and are looking to save money so why pay a guaranteed salary for 3 years to a guy who just sits the bench.

Teams give away 1st round picks for cash only. Why not take a shot on a guy who can help you win a ring for something so small. It's not a completely unthinkable trade.

KniCks4LiFe
12-27-2013, 03:01 PM
This is terrible management to give up all your picks without at least some type of protection. The Nets are going to be awful for years.

Exactly. Which is why you have to blow it up. If Deron Williams goes down, then what? You turn into a laughing stock. You still have $20M you can't release, you can't even sign anybody.

BTW Billy King is still doing the same **** that got him fired from Philadelphia!!!! The reason the Sixers are in a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng rebuild effort is b/c he put them there.

RipCity32
12-27-2013, 03:08 PM
Two months on a team with zero identity doesn't erase what he did last season. Plus a late first from OKC isn't really all that much TBH. They probably don't have room for the guy to play and are looking to save money so why pay a guaranteed salary for 3 years to a guy who just sits the bench.

Teams give away 1st round picks for cash only. Why not take a shot on a guy who can help you win a ring for something so small. It's not a completely unthinkable trade.

He's almost 38 years old. It's highly possible that Hes washed up now. He could have just been comfortable where he was last year and at his age now can't adjust to another new system.

mbsalame123
12-27-2013, 03:09 PM
Hes better than Perkins, yes. But He's not good enough for OKC to give up a asset for especially when they are already playing great.

Look at this below:

Thanks Rockice_8!

And look at this:

Bargnani yielded a first so I could see PP and KG bringing back a late first from a team looking to add that one last piece for a championship run. Both have short contracts as well and the Nets can throw 3M in as well to offset their salaries making them very tradable. I don't think a short stretch of poor play is going to scare teams away. Both are still good players who can contribute in the right situation. It just looks like BK was it.

Again Thanks RockIce_8

The Thunder are not in need of a draft pick right now, they aren't playing Perry Jones or Andre Roberson who are both really good in my opinion, and they just started playing Jeremy Lamb. Giving up a first round pick for KG is a steal for the Thunder!

KG is playing with 5 other stars. Look at the lakers last year, howard and gasol had horrible years because there was so much talent there that they weren't able to play to their fullest potential. now look at howard in houston! Kg would be amazing starting in OKC and would easily average a double double and make it no question at all that the Thunder are the best team in the West

mbsalame123
12-27-2013, 03:10 PM
He's almost 38 years old. It's highly possible that Hes washed up now. He could have just been comfortable where he was last year and at his age now can't adjust to another new system.

KG and Pierce will get the nets not only draft picks, but young players and another good player in return... mark my words.

RipCity32
12-27-2013, 03:13 PM
KG and Pierce will get the nets not only draft picks, but young players and another good player in return... mark my words.

:facepalm:, so we should probably expect the Lakers to trade Nash for some young players and draft picks too then.

RipCity32
12-27-2013, 03:15 PM
Tell me these young players that those two dinosaurs could land. Lamb is completely out of the question.

effen5
12-27-2013, 03:16 PM

Bargnani was traded to a team that also trades draft picks like candy. They also have no draft picks or a future if they wanted to blow their team up. The difference between the Knicks and Nets...Knicks actually has players that might bring in assets for them.

mbsalame123
12-27-2013, 03:17 PM
Exactly. Which is why you have to blow it up. If Deron Williams goes down, then what? You turn into a laughing stock. You still have $20M you can't release, you can't even sign anybody.

BTW Billy King is still doing the same **** that got him fired from Philadelphia!!!! The reason the Sixers are in a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng rebuild effort is b/c he put them there.

Billy King is an awful GM... but I guess he might have been forced to do this because his owner is a rich Russian Billionare lol.

But the Nets don't want to end up like a Knicks team back during the Isiah Thomas days, and that is what I feel like is bound to happen right now. Plus if on the other side, the knicks, were playing good right now, then the nets would get way more heat then they are getting right now. The Knicks are in an even worse situation then the knicks right now, at least the nets can get value in return, the knicks can't do anything right now.

@RipCity32: if you want washed up, take Amare Stoudamire!

The knicks have a big contract and a washed up player in Amare Stoudamire that can't even get them a 2nd round pick probably. They have a young player that is injury prone and has personality issues (iman shumpert), another player close to that is JR Smith. The only players with value are Tyson Chandler (who may have lost a lot of his value due to recent injuries), and Melo (a superstar that the team wants to build around but will most likely lose out on, plus I think we have seen Melo reach his potential so teams know what to expect).

The nets should look at the other side of the river and notice that there is a team that is worse off then them, and they don't want to follow in their foot steps. Get rid of Pierce, KG, and Williams while they still have good value and then wait out the year, get Lopez back, play out Johnson's contract, if you can trade him, then God loves you guys, and start over.

KniCks4LiFe
12-27-2013, 03:19 PM
Tell me these young players that those two dinosaurs could land. Lamb is completely out of the question.

well not Lamb. But If they'd take a Perkins? they might get a Perry Jones out of it.

mbsalame123
12-27-2013, 03:19 PM
:facepalm:, so we should probably expect the Lakers to trade Nash for some young players and draft picks too then.

Actually the Lakers can trade Nash and Jodie Meeks or Xavier Henry to the Raptors for Kyle Lowry and a 2nd round pick. There have been rumors going on about the possibility of that trade too

RipCity32
12-27-2013, 03:22 PM
Actually the Lakers can trade Nash and Jodie Meeks or Xavier Henry to the Raptors for Kyle Lowry and a 2nd round pick. There have been rumors going on about the possibility of that trade too

Those are two decent young players that they would have to package with him to even get that deal done.

mbsalame123
12-27-2013, 03:22 PM

Again here is someone that knows what he's talking about:

well not Lamb. But If they'd take a Perkins? they might get a Perry Jones out of it.

The Thunder would love to get rid of perkins right now and the benifets of getting a better player in KG would definitely get them to trade a draft pick along with a player like Perry Jones or Andre Roberson.

After all, Jones hasn't played at all... they played Roberson, Thabeet, and even Deandre liggins last year and didn't even consider playing Perry. Perry would be a throw in just to sweeten the deal that wouldn't ruin the Thunder's chemistry at all, it would make it better!

mbsalame123
12-27-2013, 03:24 PM
Those are two decent young players that they would have to package with him to even get that deal done.

Steve Nash has been injury prone and washed up, yes you can call him washed up right now, but the last time I checked, pierce and KG are still playing and haven't battled any bad injuries so far

RipCity32
12-27-2013, 03:24 PM
I guess something like that could happen but that would basically be a neutral trade. That's like trading KG just to trade him.

mbsalame123
12-27-2013, 03:25 PM

Plus the lakers trade a washed up player along with a young player for a really good point guard right now in Lowry and probably another player or draft pick

YoungOne
12-27-2013, 03:26 PM

wrong. NBA only prevents deals between boston and the clippers.

mbsalame123
12-27-2013, 03:26 PM
I guess something like that could happen but that would basically be a neutral trade. That's like trading KG just to trade him.

Yeah, I like your opinion and do think that KG and Pierce can only give you so much, but I honestly think they are worth a late round draft pick and a young player right now, especially if it means giving up a bad contract like Kendrick perkins

RipCity32
12-27-2013, 03:27 PM
I'm done arguing about it. I couldn't see anybody giving up any young valuable players or 1st rounders. But GMs do dumb things all the time so who knows.

Rockice_8
12-27-2013, 03:27 PM
Bargnani was traded to a team that also trades draft picks like candy. They also have no draft picks or a future if they wanted to blow their team up. The difference between the Knicks and Nets...Knicks actually has players that might bring in assets for them.

Really? I'd love to see what they'd bring back. Since it looks like they want to keep Melo leave him out of the question. Tyson and THJ look like their best options and why would they trade THJ who they just drafted and like. So it looks like Tyson is their only tradable asset. Shump? He's had two knee surgeries and is playing horrible.

I don't see any tradable assets on NY but to each his own.

mbsalame123
12-27-2013, 03:28 PM
wrong. NBA only prevents deals between boston and the clippers.

Yeah which I think is stupid lol. But thinking about it, the Clippers don't have the assets anymore to get them KG and Pierce... all they have is Jordan and maybe Crawford, and that might be too much for KG right now, plus they would need to add more players to the deal in order to match salaries

mbsalame123
12-27-2013, 03:32 PM
Really? I'd love to see what they'd bring back. Since it looks like they want to keep Melo leave him out of the question. Tyson and THJ look like their best options and why would they trade THJ who they just drafted and like. So it looks like Tyson is their only tradable asset. Shump? He's had two knee surgeries and is playing horrible.

Thanks Rockice_8!

You have the same train of thought as I, lol.

The knicks only have Chadler and Shumpert who have both been battling some good injuries as of late. They have Tim Hardaway Jr, but THJ is the reason why the knicks want to get rid of shumpert, in order to allow THJ to get more playing time.

JR smith might be a nice trade asset, but his inconsistency is what scares teams away.

The nets have way better assets then the knicks by far. They have 2 hall of famers in KG and Pierce, a superstar point guard in Williams and veteran players like Jason Terry and Reggie Evans(the most underrated rebounder in the nba).

The nets also have Mirza Teletakovic, Tornike Shengalia, Tyshawn Taylor, and Mason Plumlee, as well as Andray Blatche who can get them lots of talent... and if it wasn't for the injury, brook lopez s a superstar that can net you lots of assets

effen5
12-27-2013, 03:38 PM

Melo and Tyson would bring in more assets than the entire nets team combined. Personally I wouldn't want anything from either team unless its expiring contracts.

Rockice_8
12-27-2013, 03:38 PM
I'm done arguing about it. I couldn't see anybody giving up any young valuable players or 1st rounders. But GMs do dumb things all the time so who knows.

Teams sell draft picks for nothing but money. Dumping a crap contract like Perkins for KG and adding a 1st round pick isn't a dumb thing when you're trying to win a chip. If KG gives them a better chance to win a ring (he does since he's better than Perkins) then you don't hesitate giving up one of the last picks in the draft for that chance.

The top few picks in the second round are more valuable than the last few in the first.

KniCks4LiFe
12-27-2013, 03:39 PM

Perry Jones isn't young and a bit of value. I mean yeh you take a Perkins who only has a contract that goes till next year. But you get a young 22 promising yr. old athletic player out of it. That's basically a draft pick.

RipCity32
12-27-2013, 03:39 PM
Any rebuild for either team would probably have to start with Melo and Deron. Other wise your basically just trading crap for crap.

RipCity32
12-27-2013, 03:40 PM
Perry Jones isn't young and a bit of value. I mean yeh you take a Perkins who only has a contract that goes till next year. But you get a young 22 promising yr. old athletic player out of it. That's basically a draft pick.

So why would OKC trade him then? They thrive on draft picks and raising up a young roster.

mbsalame123
12-27-2013, 03:41 PM
Melo and Tyson would bring in more assets than the entire nets team combined. Personally I wouldn't want anything from either team unless its expiring contracts.

melo can get them a whole lot right now, definitely, but the knicks don't want to trade him as of right now. Chandler can get them good assets too, but he would have to be combined with Shumpert and someone else in a deal and I can't think of anyone that wants him right now.

But the knicks will want a package similar to what the nuggets got from the them, but the knicks need to realize that no teams are as dumb as them and will give them something like that but I think a trade with the clippers would fit both teams... blake griffin, jared dudley, ryan hollins and a draft pick for melo and shumpert would be good for both sides

KniCks4LiFe
12-27-2013, 03:41 PM

Junior stays. You'd have to kill me to get him!

effen5
12-27-2013, 03:42 PM
Teams sell draft picks for nothing but money. Dumping a crap contract like Perkins for KG and adding a 1st round pick isn't a dumb thing when you're trying to win a chip. If KG gives them a better chance to win a ring (he does since he's better than Perkins) then you don't hesitate giving up one of the last picks in the draft for that chance.

The top few picks in the second round are more valuable than the last few in the first.

They won't be selling draft picks this year.

effen5
12-27-2013, 03:44 PM
melo can get them a whole lot right now, definitely, but the knicks don't want to trade him as of right now. Chandler can get them good assets too, but he would have to be combined with Shumpert and someone else in a deal and I can't think of anyone that wants him right now.

But the knicks will want a package similar to what the nuggets got from the them, but the knicks need to realize that no teams are as dumb as them and will give them something like that but I think a trade with the clippers would fit both teams... blake griffin, jared dudley, ryan hollins and a draft pick for melo and shumpert would be good for both sides

I only said if the Knicks want to do a total rebuild in which I think they should, they could receive a lot more assets than the nets. If they don't want to, then that's their issue.

mbsalame123
12-27-2013, 03:47 PM
Alright so we have been talking about these players values, but we haven't come up with any good trades. The only trades that keep coming up are OKC and Brooklyn, lol.... so what do you guys think?

Where can KG, Pierce, Williams and anyone else head to?

if you want, we can include this discussion to have New York Knicks be involved in it. Lets come up with ideas and trade for both teams. Do the knicks trade melo? Chandler? What can Amare, shumpert, and Jr Smith get them? oh and what about their point guard situation?

KniCks4LiFe
12-27-2013, 03:47 PM
So why would OKC trade him then? They thrive on draft picks and raising up a young roster.

No room. Lamb is there, KD is there. And they can draft another him. They can get KG in that deal and actually cause some major problems vs a depleted front court in Miami or get past a SAS team that has Duncan.

Rockice_8
12-27-2013, 03:53 PM

LOL, OK

I said leave out Melo since they are trying to build around him not trade him but that's fine. I think you're overvaluing Melo big time. Nobody is going to want to pay him 24M a season so good luck trading him. He's a one year rental meaning his value is even lower. D-Will is signed which is a small detail you are forgetting.

Tyson has value but it's not that much. If Tyson is bringing a kings ransom like you say than Blatche is valuable too.

D-Will is more valuable than Chandler.

Rockice_8
12-27-2013, 04:03 PM
Jordan, Dudley, Barnes and Green from LAC for Pierce, Blatche, Teletovic, Anderson

Why: LAC is in win now mode with Doc and CP3. Jordan is a solid player but nothing special and is a giant liability at the end of games. Pierce gives them leadership on the wing where they lack it and is a Doc favorite. Blatche can replace Jordan's spot next to Griffin and can space the floor better. Anderson replaces what Barnes brings for cheaper and less years and Teletovic brings his near 40% 3pt shooting to a weak frontcourt bench for CP3 to get open looks.

Nets get a younger guy to pair with Lopez moving forward who can rebound for him.

effen5
12-27-2013, 04:03 PM
LOL, OK

I said leave out Melo since they are trying to build around him not trade him but that's fine. I think you're overvaluing Melo big time. Nobody is going to want to pay him 24M a season so good luck trading him. He's a one year rental meaning his value is even lower. D-Will is signed which is a small detail you are forgetting.

Tyson has value but it's not that much. If Tyson is bringing a kings ransom like you say than Blatche is valuable too.

D-Will is more valuable than Chandler.

And you are overvaluing nets trash. Their entire team is literally trash...

Rockice_8
12-27-2013, 04:14 PM
And you are overvaluing nets trash. Their entire team is literally trash...

Thanks for the insightful response. Yeah the Nets are trash and the Knicks are awesome I get it. It must be why their record is so good.

mbsalame123
12-27-2013, 04:20 PM
ok so I was just reading somewhere that the nets and rockets might have a deal in the works but are being quiet about it in order to play out the rest of the month and see how both teams do or if other offers come up. Basically the reason why Asik wasn't traded by the December 19 deadline is because there is a deal in place between the Nets and Rockets that would send Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin along with a 2015 first round pick and a second round pick to the Nets for Deron Williams and another unnamed player.

I am trying to find the link, but I can't find it right now! I am looking through my history so hopefully I will find it and post it soon.

Basically the nets and rockets rumor broke out and they killed it right away so that they don't build any hype over it and it doesn't happen, funny how the rumor came up on the day the rockets said they aren't trading asik anymore.

I think the rockets finally realize that they have Donates Montiejunas and Terrence Jones at the 4 spot and don't need anymore help down low so they want to package Lin and Asik for a point guard that can help them now.

Williams would be a perfect fit, although he is injury prone, but Dwight has always wanted to play with Williams, remember the Orlando Magic/Nets rumors that went on forever a couple years ago!?

The nets get a replacement center for now in Asik and get a young point guard that will help out. And they get a couple draft picks as well. Plus this will make KG and Pierce even more expandable as they can trade KG now for a draft pick and other player.

What do you guys think? If you're the nets, do you do it? Or can you get something better than that?

Sorry for not posting the link, I'm sure you've heard of this rumor and how it was nothing else but a rumor, but somewhere else I read that this was a real possibilities, and both sides are just waiting until closer to the trade deadline (possibly until after the all star game).

Rockice_8
12-27-2013, 04:33 PM
I'd probably pull the trigger on that and then do that Clipper deal I mentioned but add a 1st to it from LAC. Why would LAC add a 1st you ask. Well the Nets would agree to buy out KG afterwards and he can sign with DOC and PP in LAC.

mbsalame123
12-27-2013, 04:49 PM
I'd probably pull the trigger on that and then do that Clipper deal I mentioned but add a 1st to it from LAC. Why would LAC add a 1st you ask. Well the Nets would agree to buy out KG afterwards and he can sign with DOC and PP in LAC.

I like that possibility. I still think that KG and Pierce would fit well in LAC and it is worth giving up deandre jordan, a draft pick, and dudley. Plus in case you haven't heard, Russell Westbrook underwent knee scope surgery that will put him out until after the all star break (a couple of months). This means the thunder are going to struggle now and it will make it easier for teams like the clippers to move up in the west, and what better way to do then by adding talent that will bolster them to the top.

But this means the thunder will be looking to deal now, probably try and trade for someone like KG to keep them competitive down low and maybe throw in Tyshawn Taylor to the deal.

RipCity32
12-27-2013, 05:08 PM
I like that possibility. I still think that KG and Pierce would fit well in LAC and it is worth giving up deandre jordan, a draft pick, and dudley. Plus in case you haven't heard, Russell Westbrook underwent knee scope surgery that will put him out until after the all star break (a couple of months). This means the thunder are going to struggle now and it will make it easier for teams like the clippers to move up in the west, and what better way to do then by adding talent that will bolster them to the top.

But this means the thunder will be looking to deal now, probably try and trade for someone like KG to keep them competitive down low and maybe throw in Tyshawn Taylor to the deal.

Deandre Jordan is way better then Garnett.

king4day
12-27-2013, 05:14 PM
I think KG can get them a young player like Jones and a draft pick... people are underrating KG right now... he is just in a bad situation like I said and if he is on a good team, he can still average 15 points and 10 rebounds along with a couple blocks. KG to the Thunder would be a huge upgrade over Perkins, don't get me wrong right here!

Pierce can still score and will get you a draft pick along with a couple young players probably... I mean there were talks of Zach Randolph for Paul Pierce! Randolph is way better then Pierce right now, but Pierce can still get you this kind of value.

I think Pierce can get traded to a team like the Clippers for Crawford and a draft pick along with someone else like Byron Mullens.... maybe a trade to the Lakers for Pau Gasol? Don't forget Terry, he would most likely get thrown in a deal somewhere, or maybe they keep him in Brooklyn with his former back court partner who is now his coach, Jason Kidd.

I think the Nets can get good value from Williams right now while he still has it, because his value has been dropping over the years. So if I'm the nets I go for a Asik, Lin and draft pick for Williams and Reggie Evans.

Interesting details. I haven't followed BKN enough. I'm just assuming they are having years where the Nets won't get much back.
They need to do something fast though before things get worse. Get value while you can. Without Brook, any title hopes are gone.
Recouping some picks is their best bet, even if they won't be as good as theirs likely would have been.

Rockice_8
12-27-2013, 05:15 PM
Deandre Jordan is way better then Garnett.

The trade isn't KG for DJ. It would land LAC a group of guys. PP/KG/Blatche/Teletovic/Anderson

(well in my trade scenario it did)

Losing DJ for KG is dumb but getting all those guys could boost their bench and give them a real shot at the WC which I think they are on the outside looking in.

CP3
Reddick
PP
Griffin
KG

Bench
Collison
Crawford
Anderson
Jamison
Blatche
etc

That really helps them. It would be a shady deal to make it work but it's possible. Nets would have to do the trade with one of KG or Pierce then agree to buy the other out for them to sign in LAC. The guy bought out would certainly sign with the other and Doc in LAC so it is possible.

Rockice_8
12-27-2013, 05:17 PM
Interesting details. I haven't followed BKN enough. I'm just assuming they are having years where the Nets won't get much back.
They need to do something fast though before things get worse. Get value while you can. Without Brook, any title hopes are gone.
Recouping some picks is their best bet, even if they won't be as good as theirs likely would have been.

I don't think its a rush. Near the deadline these guys will be wanted by the teams looking to make the run.

futureman
12-27-2013, 06:34 PM
They wont even be able to get a first round pick for any of their players not named Deron Williams. No way are they going to get a good deal for the like of Garnett, Pierce, or Johnson, the most overpaid player in the NBA. Brooklyn wanted this roster and now they are stuck with it. Just goes to show how far a lack of patience gives you.

KniCks4LiFe
12-28-2013, 12:19 AM
don't look now but Bradley Beal's injury might open a trade possibility for Pierce or Terry.

BHF
12-28-2013, 12:23 AM
Yes Yes break it up than trade Teletovic and Bogdanovic to Toronto.

Cracka2HI!
12-28-2013, 12:37 AM
As bad as the Knicks were many years ago with all the dead money this may be a worse situation. It took the Knicks nearly a decade to get out of it. I can't begin to figure how the Nets could be become good. I think they need a new coach for sure. Lopez will hopefully come back 100% for next year and hopefully Williams gets right for them again. Ironically they could still easily make the playoffs this year with the team they have. That said it won't happen with Kidd.

Things also look so bleak for the future that I would try to trade KG and Pierce for anything they can get. They might able to get a fringe prospect, late pick and decent player with a bad contract. They don't have any resources to add players in the future. Just the Mini MLE and minimum contracts. They really need to try to get to something for all the money KG and Pierce are making. If they just let them leave or retire those 3 #1's will be probably make that the worst trade of all-time.

Knicks21
12-28-2013, 12:49 AM
As much as it would pain the organisation to fire Kidd, as it would be practically admitting that they have failed, its necessary and could drastically change their circumstances. Getting someone respectable in, who has had many years of Head Coaching experience at either the College or Pro level would be ideal. Jackson and Sloan would say no, in a perfect world either of the Van Gundys or even Lionel Hollins would be great. Coaches who know how to handle the situation, Rookie coaches need time to develop ie. Vaughn with the Magic, and the process is a whole lot easier if they can develop in coherence with the players development.

mbsalame123
12-28-2013, 01:21 AM
As much as it would pain the organisation to fire Kidd, as it would be practically admitting that they have failed, its necessary and could drastically change their circumstances. Getting someone respectable in, who has had many years of Head Coaching experience at either the College or Pro level would be ideal. Jackson and Sloan would say no, in a perfect world either of the Van Gundys or even Lionel Hollins would be great. Coaches who know how to handle the situation, Rookie coaches need time to develop ie. Vaughn with the Magic, and the process is a whole lot easier if they can develop in coherence with the players development.

I think this all good be turned around by getting a new coach. If the nets possibly got a good coach like Bryon Scott then they might be able to contend. They have the talent, the right fits in my opinion, but just don't have the right coaching situation to fit with the team. If you hear all the news coming from the nets, it is all about the players saying that Kidd isn't doing a thing, doesn't care and at times it is the assistant coaches that do most of the work and all most of the plays. Maybe the nets try a new coach and then see how it is.

But knowing them, they will fire Billy King before firing Kidd so they will most likely trade their players, fire Billy King and then fire Jason Kidd after it all fails.

mbsalame123
12-28-2013, 01:24 AM
don't look now but Bradley Beal's injury might open a trade possibility for Pierce or Terry.

Well it depends on how bad bradley beal's injury is. Right now we know it isn't anything to do with the bones but it might have something to do with the ACL or MCL or just might be a big bruise or something... hopefully nothing awful like an MCL or ACL injury.

Anyways, the wizards will most likely be involved at the trade deadline and I wouldn't be surprised if they trade for Paul Pierce by sending over a draft pick and other young talent like Jan Vesley, Trevor Booker, Kevin Seraphin, or Glen Robinson Jr.

RipCity32
12-28-2013, 02:24 AM
Wouldn't be a bad idea to bring in a new coach now. This way they can really evaluate where they are at by the deadline.