PDA

View Full Version : If Lebron leaves Miami, which team will he go to and why?

IKnowHoops
12-27-2013, 01:35 AM
If Bron leaves Miami, where does he go? LA NY for the market. OKC, Golden State, Houston, to create his next stacked team? Obviously he going to go where he can win rings so...

SINCESTARBURY25
12-27-2013, 01:59 AM
Dallas.... Why??? Chicken strips.

bholly
12-27-2013, 02:00 AM
This offseason? Super unlikely he leaves. Just doesn't make sense. Longer term, the only place I can really see him going to is CLE. NY or BKN might've been candidates, but obviously not anymore given their situations for the next few years. He isn't just going to up and join some other contender.

shep33
12-27-2013, 02:22 AM
Lakers... we have Jack

Chrisclover
12-27-2013, 02:25 AM
LBJ can go wherever he wants and easily turn that team into a contender. In my 2k 14 my player mode, he went to Suns and therefore Suns became a 2th western seed but ended up swept by another team in the 1st round, though.

Nick O
12-27-2013, 02:25 AM
Saskatchewan university

Wade#Heat
12-27-2013, 02:31 AM
Wherever the wind takes him

PowerHouse
12-27-2013, 02:40 AM
If Bron leaves Miami, where does he go? LA NY for the market. OKC, Golden State, Houston, to create his next stacked team? Obviously he going to go where he can win rings so...

It definitely wont be to go back to Cleveland. Would you want to play for an owner who has publicly chastised you and hates your guts? I wouldnt.

jerellh528
12-27-2013, 02:49 AM
He should stay in Miami, if not there, Cleveland.

hotdalton18
12-27-2013, 02:59 AM
Miami or CLE

But he'll stay with us if he really cares about being the GOAT

dalton749
12-27-2013, 03:19 AM
LBJ can go wherever he wants and easily turn that team into a contender. In my 2k 14 my player mode, he went to Suns and therefore Suns became a 2th western seed but ended up swept by another team in the 1st round, though.

this happened in mine too
sneaky developer must be a suns fans

Matter.
12-27-2013, 03:22 AM

Went to the bobcats for me ...

majmarcus
12-27-2013, 03:42 AM

Well this says it all so close this thread NOW! Here comes the Suns....

On Nba 2k14

Chrisclover
12-27-2013, 04:18 AM
In my saves, he stayed in Phoenix and had never won an MVP again. BTW, the Heat regressed to a 8th seed with Wade and Bosh remaining .KD took 3 consecutive MVPs. How about the future of LBJ in your My player mode ?

naps
12-27-2013, 04:56 AM
LeBron James doesn't move his talents much, but when he does he does it to South Beach.

IKnowHoops
12-27-2013, 05:24 AM
I think if he does leave, he obviously goes to a team that has good players, and he goes there with a buddy of his. Maybe Melo.

FreakaNashur
12-27-2013, 09:23 AM
lol..Lebron has a good rapport with everyone in the nba. doesn't mean much.

LongIslandIcedZ
12-27-2013, 09:28 AM
Knicks because I like the Knicks

Yankeefan213
12-27-2013, 10:32 AM
I can't see him leaving Miami for anyone but Cleveland

EL_MACHETE
12-27-2013, 10:39 AM
LeBron in Okc would be just unfair lol

Pg- Westbrook / Jackson
Sg- Roberson / Lamb
Sf- Durant / Jones
Pf- James / Collison
C- Ibaka / Adams

torocan
12-27-2013, 11:02 AM
Don't see him leaving Miami, but if he does the most likely is Cleveland.

I just don't see him going to LA or NY at this point. Just not enough talent on either roster for Lebron to turn up his nose at Miami and Cleveland. Houston might be a long shot dark horse.

Lord help the NBA if Lebron goes to Houston.... Lebron + Dwight + Harden? Yowch.

NYKnickFanatic
12-27-2013, 11:15 AM

Well if it can happen in 2K, then...

gatkins11
12-27-2013, 12:05 PM

Yep.

koreancabbage
12-27-2013, 12:39 PM
Cleveland. The prodigal son returns (not going for broke of course)

todu82
12-27-2013, 12:49 PM
Yeah, I think he stays in Miami.

2-ONE-5
12-27-2013, 01:03 PM

no one cares what you did in your video game

mdm692
12-27-2013, 01:28 PM
Bledsoe/Dragic
PJ Tucker/Goodwin
Green/Marcus
LBJ/Markieff
Plumlee/Len

Get err done McMiracles!!!

TylerSL
12-27-2013, 01:33 PM
I know the media just loves to speculate and talk about it, but Lebron is not leaving Miami for the foreseeable future. He will either opt out after this year or next and sign an extension or he wont even make it to free agency and serve all 6 years of his contract (more likely). Lebron still has 2+ years in Miami, and I expect him to resign after this contract is up. He will play his entire prime here, but I could see him going back to Cleveland to end his career.

IKnowHoops
12-27-2013, 02:40 PM

I can't see him going back to cleveland when they prove time and time again they have no idea what they are doing. If he leaves Miami, I see it being in this order.

OKC
HOU
SAS
GSW

His number one motivation is rings and legacy, so I think after looking over his options, Miami is the best place to be.

Slug3
12-27-2013, 03:06 PM
I can't see him going back to cleveland when they prove time and time again they have no idea what they are doing. If he leaves Miami, I see it being in this order.

OKC
HOU
SAS
GSW

His number one motivation is rings and legacy, so I think after looking over his options, Miami is the best place to be.

Is anyone going to take into account that none of this teams can afford him next year? OKC and gs will be right at the cap and the other 2 might be a few million under. I don't see lbj taking 8 million to play for any team. Not even Miami.

mdm692
12-27-2013, 03:17 PM

OKC
HOU
SAS
GSW

If it was really about legacy he would take an even bigger pay and sign with the Rockets or OKC.

DODGERS&LAKERS
12-27-2013, 03:18 PM
Why would he leave? That team is awesome. There nowhere he could go and and have as much talent on his team.

Chronz
12-27-2013, 03:26 PM
Clippers

Chronz
12-27-2013, 03:28 PM
Would he leave? That team is awesome. There nowhere he could go and and have A-35's much talent on his team.

Entertain the idea tho, its what the thread asks of us. Just imagine that for the 3rd straight post season, that talent underwhelmed again or suffered yet another string of injuries. Heat lose as a result because thats the only way Bron leaves.

IKnowHoops
12-27-2013, 04:03 PM
Clippers

I could actually see this happening, and they would no doubt win the title. Good coaching as well, and playing with Blake CP3 might be enough to entice Bron.

IKnowHoops
12-27-2013, 04:06 PM
Clippers

The fast break would murda

Slug3
12-27-2013, 04:18 PM
I could actually see this happening, and they would no doubt win the title. Good coaching as well, and playing with Blake CP3 might be enough to entice Bron.

Seriously can some of you get into the real world on this crap. With what money will they sign him? How can you see it happening? Going on 2K and turning the salaries off? Damn it people. You still need to play under the same rules.

EL_MACHETE
12-27-2013, 04:28 PM
Is anyone going to take into account that none of this teams can afford him next year? OKC and gs will be right at the cap and the other 2 might be a few million under. I don't see lbj taking 8 million to play for any team. Not even Miami.

What if Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka all restructure their contracts and Amnesty Perkins..??..
Then they would be able to lure LeBron to Okc

Slug3
12-27-2013, 04:31 PM
What if Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka all restructure their contracts and Amnesty Perkins..??..
Then they would be able to lure LeBron to Okc

This is not the nfl. They cannot restruct their contracts.

IKnowHoops
12-27-2013, 04:31 PM
Seriously can some of you get into the real world on this crap. With what money will they sign him? How can you see it happening? Going on 2K and turning the salaries off? Damn it people. You still need to play under the same rules.

ahahahahaha. Yeah I was on 2k with the salaries turned off. But check this. Lebron to me is the one guy who I feel doesn't need to get a top salary. I feel like some other business(s) within the city would end up paying him whatever he lost. Nike may do it, who knows, but I feel like with him something out of the ordinary could be possible just for him to go play where ever he wanted. Not saying it could or would happen, but it just seems like more things are possible with him. Otherwise why even become a free agent when the only other teams out there that can afford you are garbage, and you know he isn't going to a garbage team. Maybe he has other options. Maybe he is willing to do unheard of things to go play where he wants to because he's so big he can afford to.

Slug3
12-27-2013, 04:33 PM
ahahahahaha. Yeah I was on 2k with the salaries turned off. But check this. Lebron to me is the one guy who I feel doesn't need to get a top salary. I feel like some other business(s) within the city would end up paying him whatever he lost. Nike may do it, who knows, but I feel like with him something out of the ordinary could be possible just for him to go play where ever he wanted. Not saying it could or would happen, but it just seems like more things are possible with him. Otherwise why even become a free agent when the only other teams out there that can afford you are garbage, and you know he isn't going to a garbage team. Maybe he has other options. Maybe he is willing to do unheard of things to go play where he wants to because he's so big he can afford to.

So you are saying Lebron would give up like 10-12 million plus a year to play for a team that has never won?

IKnowHoops
12-27-2013, 04:44 PM
So you are saying Lebron would give up like 10-12 million plus a year to play for a team that has never won?

Im saying because Lebron has so many avenues to recoup money, he could recoup any lost money in a legal way that would technically be a backdoor payment.

For instance. Maybe the team pays Company A more money for a service than it should. And then Company A pays Lebron more for a service than it should.

Slug3
12-27-2013, 04:52 PM
Im saying because Lebron has so many avenues to recoup money, he could recoup any lost money in a legal way that would technically be a backdoor payment.

For instance. Maybe the team pays Company A more money for a service than it should. And then Company A pays Lebron more for a service than it should.

Yeah because Kobe took a pay cut on his extension because companies pay him millions upon millions more. Look an indorsement is going to pay a player like Lebron top dollar. He's not going to take a 12 million pay cut to play for a team. I mean going to Miami he got paid like 15/16 millions his first year. And everyone was saying that's a big pay cut. The scenario you are putting out there will not happen. He's not signing with LAC for 3 million a year.

torocan
12-27-2013, 06:03 PM

The Rockets only have $39M in guaranteed salary for 2015/16.
http://hoopshype.com/salaries/houston.htm

Golden State has $38M in guaranteed salary for 2015/16.
http://hoopshype.com/salaries/golden_state.htm

San Antonio has $8.2M in guaranteed salary for 2015/16.
http://hoopshype.com/salaries/san_antonio.htm

No need to turn salaries off... just look at the actual salaries. While nowhere near likely, depending on who they sign, re-sign, etc it's potentially possible depending on the timing if Lebron truly wanted to opt out.

And that's not even talking about working trades should decide that he definitely wants out.

bholly
12-27-2013, 06:15 PM

So when you say 'legal' you actually mean 'illegal'?

Dade County
12-27-2013, 06:16 PM
LeBron James doesn't move his talents much, but when he does he does it to South Beach.

lmao... ( i forget, but there is a station down here that does the Dos Equis one liners from callers (maybe 790 the ticket, I forget the host's name)).

Goodone

J4KOP99
12-27-2013, 06:23 PM
He's not leaving... Knicks are in disarray and probably won't have space, lakers are Kobe's team for a couple more years (I think I'm gonna puke), and Cleveland would be the same **** as last time. He needs some serious help to win (as all great players do) and I don't see it on Cleveland

Slug3
12-27-2013, 06:37 PM
The Rockets only have $39M in guaranteed salary for 2015/16.
http://hoopshype.com/salaries/houston.htm

Golden State has $38M in guaranteed salary for 2015/16.
http://hoopshype.com/salaries/golden_state.htm

San Antonio has $8.2M in guaranteed salary for 2015/16.
http://hoopshype.com/salaries/san_antonio.htm

No need to turn salaries off... just look at the actual salaries. While nowhere near likely, depending on who they sign, re-sign, etc it's potentially possible depending on the timing if Lebron truly wanted to opt out.

And that's not even talking about working trades should decide that he definitely wants out.

But that is 2 years from now and not next year when he's expected to opt out. Their salary for the year after does not matter.

Dade County
12-27-2013, 06:46 PM
Lets give this a try...

Houston:

Lbj tells Houston, to trade Harden (& co) either too the Clippers or the Knicks... This trade brings in Cp3 or Melo (so the Knicks don't lose Melo for nothing).

Lbj gets a Cp3 (I think he is a good father to one of Lbj sons) or he gets an illuminati brother in Melo (that will deal with his con-artist ways, just like how Wade deals with that ****).

Cp3, Lbj, Howard... Or Lbj, Melo, Howard

Then I can see Lbj signing there starting at 14mil the 1st year, the rockets owner will have to be willing to go into the tax too (repeat offender).

OKC:

Okc trades Westbrook, amnesty perkins, and bring in more shooters and big men.

Lbj + KD

WannabeJazzGM
12-27-2013, 06:58 PM
When LBJ leaves Miami he will be joining the Charlotte Hornets. I have an inside sources that says LBJ wants to go to a notoriously bad team and help turn them into Champions. Remember you heard this truth here on PSD first.

torocan
12-27-2013, 07:08 PM
But that is 2 years from now and not next year when he's expected to opt out. Their salary for the year after does not matter.

We don't know that. He has player options for 2014/15 AND 2015/16.

He could declare FA and decline the option at either point if he has a plan for where he wants to go.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/miami.htm

mdm692
12-27-2013, 07:10 PM
Since everybody is throwing Crazy ideas left and right then here goes mine.

Suns proceed with Draft. Sign LBJ to a Max contract. Trade Markieff Morris, Marcus Morris, Lakers 2015 1st(top 5 protected), Alex Len, Frye(expiring) and the rights to any 1 of our 3-4 draftees in '14 or future 1st for K-Love .

Bledsoe/Dragic
Green/Goodwin
LBJ/Tucker
Love/Rookie??
Plumlee/Rookie??

:D

Matter.
12-27-2013, 07:12 PM
raptors

EL_MACHETE
12-27-2013, 07:27 PM
This is not the nfl. They cannot restruct their contracts.

I didn't know that.. Well I guess we could only hope for him to sign here for cheap.. and I doubt he'll do that

Slug3
12-27-2013, 09:00 PM
We don't know that. He has player options for 2014/15 AND 2015/16.

He could declare FA and decline the option at either point if he has a plan for where he wants to go.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/miami.htm

Very good point. He could opt in one year and out the other. I was just going off the assumption he opts out next year.

JeremiahWing
12-27-2013, 09:23 PM
NYC because I have dreams.

Riodagoat
12-27-2013, 09:27 PM

Suns proceed with Draft. Sign LBJ to a Max contract. Trade Markieff Morris, Marcus Morris, Lakers 2015 1st(top 5 protected), Alex Len, Frye(expiring) and the rights to any 1 of our 3-4 draftees in '14 or future 1st for K-
Bledsoe/Dragic
Green/Goodwin
LBJ/Tucker
Love/Rookie??
Plumlee/Rookie??

That team would still be at least 2 years from being a championship team. Need a bench to win.

WES KOAST
12-27-2013, 09:53 PM
This offseason? Super unlikely he leaves. Just doesn't make sense. Longer term, the only place I can really see him going to is CLE. NY or BKN might've been candidates, but obviously not anymore given their situations for the next few years. He isn't just going to up and join some other contender.

why clev? cuz they have irving?

LeBron will go wherever there's 2 other superstars

WES KOAST
12-27-2013, 09:59 PM

Suns proceed with Draft. Sign LBJ to a Max contract. Trade Markieff Morris, Marcus Morris, Lakers 2015 1st(top 5 protected), Alex Len, Frye(expiring) and the rights to any 1 of our 3-4 draftees in '14 or future 1st for K-Love .

Bledsoe/Dragic
Green/Goodwin
LBJ/Tucker
Love/Rookie??
Plumlee/Rookie??

noooo. LeBron wants a superstar sg and pg or center.

howard/LeBron/harden/parsons/

EL_MACHETE
12-27-2013, 10:50 PM

Hmmm Okc :)

IKnowHoops
12-27-2013, 11:01 PM
Hmmm Okc :)

I thought so but I wonder if injury proneness of Russ scares him off. I have a longshot guess at what Bron does if he does opt out. Hell play for 2-3 different teams over the next 2-3 years, trying to bring a ring to each city. Then at the age of 33 hell pick that long hall contract with two other great young players and ride them off into the sunset. Hell win 3 with Heat/3 with 3 diff teams/3 with final team and G.O.A.T. ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

mdm692
12-27-2013, 11:07 PM
That team would still be at least 2 years from being a championship team. Need a bench to win.

With LBJ and Love we would have vets lining up to sign for the min so a back up C and PF won't be that hard to find.

slashsnake
12-28-2013, 02:19 AM
With LBJ and Love we would have vets lining up to sign for the min so a back up C and PF won't be that hard to find.

Gotta agree there. Miami's bench isn't that great. Get guys who can hustle on D and hit the 3. Beasley is arguably Miami's top bench player this year. Norris Cole is getting the most minutes of any bench player there.

astonmartin10
12-28-2013, 09:34 AM
Toronto obviously lol

king4day
12-28-2013, 10:18 AM
Likely doesn't leave Miami but Phoenix is a star pf away from being serious contenders. Plug in Lebron and watch out.

koreancabbage
12-28-2013, 12:38 PM
why clev? cuz they have irving?

Chris Bosh is a superstar now?

Love PSD logic:
So when the argument is about Lebron, Bosh becomes a superstar. but when the argument is about Bosh - Bosh Sucks?

Vampirate
12-28-2013, 12:40 PM
Lebron is not leaving Miami, it's pointless to do so.

Bookey
12-28-2013, 01:05 PM
Why would he go back to Cleveland? That makes zero sense they have nothing to offer him, as this team is worse than the contending ones he played for. Plus with Mike Brown as coach and Gilbert as owner does he really want to leave a championship team for that? Get real

CELTICS4LYFE
12-28-2013, 02:15 PM
The Knicks of course

FriedTofuz
12-29-2013, 01:48 AM
Sadly not the lakers cus kobe doesnt wanna tarnish his resume with help from lebron.. So he'll go to the toronto raptors.

FriedTofuz
12-29-2013, 01:49 AM
he's not going back to cleveland, and Kyrie irving is overated.