PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Day Uniforms

BDawk4Prez
12-26-2013, 04:30 PM
V-neck, skin tight, t-shirts for uniforms?

When did this happen?

The uniforms yesterday made the traditionalist in me sick to my stomach. Those were hideous beyond words.

shep33
12-26-2013, 04:38 PM
Worst jerseys ever

Nick O
12-26-2013, 04:50 PM
they kinda sucked

mikekhelxD
12-26-2013, 04:52 PM
I hate it.

PurpleLynch
12-26-2013, 04:54 PM
Ugly uniforms. The Lakers one above all.

WVNowitzki
12-26-2013, 05:02 PM
I liked them, could of done without the V-neck part though.

Slug3
12-26-2013, 05:02 PM
Probably going to start putting ads or endorsements on the sleeves.

joeym
12-26-2013, 05:09 PM
I think they looked a little like pajamas...

Ugly uniforms. The Lakers one above all.

b_russ
12-26-2013, 05:27 PM
Probably going to start putting ads or endorsements on the sleeves.

*Ads on the chest, team logo on the sleeve. Just wait. That's how greedy the league is.

TrueFan420
12-26-2013, 05:49 PM
*Ads on the chest, team logo on the sleeve. Just wait. That's how greedy the league is.

They will most likely keep the logo on the front but like soccer will be smaller and over the heart while the ad is large and in the middle. I mean I understand why they'd do it if you can make more money without hurting the integrity of the sport itself why not. After awhile it will be normal and not a big deal. As a soccer fan I don't really mind it (cause it's been like that for as long as I can remember) but as basketball fan it would definitely be weird seeing something other than the warriors logo front and center on their jersey.

Sly Guy
12-26-2013, 05:59 PM
I still don't understand why you'd put sleeves on uniforms in a sport where 75% of the time you've got your arms above your head.....makes no sense. Stupid uniforms, stupid design.

LAKobeBryant
12-26-2013, 06:14 PM
worst christmas day nba game line up also. only the gsw vs. lac game was good to watch.

J4KOP99
12-26-2013, 06:24 PM
Theyre preparing us for when they start putting ads on the jerseys. Notice how there were no numbers on the front?

airforceones25
12-26-2013, 06:31 PM
The jerseys didn't do it for me….

But I will say I did like the warmup shirts with names across the basketball nets. Id buy that

AddiX
12-26-2013, 06:34 PM
NBA has been going downhill Quickly this year. It's just all bad. The superstar calls, the fouls, the refs, the young players, the apathetic attitude from these players, the amount of awful teams, it's just a bad product that's only getting worse.

The new uniforms which will be year round eventually topped off with a logo of the god damn McRib will be here to stay in no time. I love NBA basketball, but this year has been brutal.

JasonJohnHorn
12-26-2013, 06:42 PM
I don't hate or love them. I don't know that I see a need for changing the jerseys, but I anticipate that these jerseys are a way to make room for adds. Which I don't like, but I also understand that the NBA is a business. So....

They could also increase revenue sales. People who buy traditional jerseys don't typically wear them to work at factories and such because of dress codes, but these they could. So it opens up possibilities. It also, if the jerseys alternate, could open up the door for revenue in terms of fans want 'all' the jerseys.

The increased area of the jersey also gives designers more room to work with. I could imagine some creative scenarios for that space.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-26-2013, 06:50 PM
Eh. Not too bad.

Deception
12-26-2013, 07:08 PM
If they took off the sleeves and kept the same look, would you guys like them better?

Rivera
12-26-2013, 07:10 PM
I tried watching the games yesterday but my eyes couldn't take it. I lasted maybe a minute per game.

Red_Pill
12-26-2013, 07:37 PM
I liked them. Regular jerseys just appear very low-class. The new ones are fashionable. I hope we see them replacing the current jerseys in the coming years.

OlivaThor
12-26-2013, 07:42 PM
Just one step closer before they will put ads on jerseys. Ad means money and for NBA is business at the first place. Unfortunately.

RLundi
12-26-2013, 07:48 PM
I kinda liked them.

If people are really concerned about the look to the point they couldn't watch the game, then something is very wrong. It's not that big a deal. The game itself didn't change so why the uproar?

TrueFan420
12-26-2013, 07:50 PM
Don't mind the shirts but didn't like the v-neck

TrueFan420
12-26-2013, 07:53 PM
If people are really concerned about the look to the point they couldn't watch the game, then something is very wrong with them. It's not that big a deal. The game itself didn't change so why the uproar?

Fixed and agreed

ThuglifeJ
12-26-2013, 08:28 PM
a big problem with league revenue these days is not the jerseys..but with the players..

You have Lebron, who is often disliked for the whole leaving to Miami thing but still the best thing in the league. Then Durant, who's not that marketable or exciting to someone that doesn't care much about basketball. Gtiffin attracts fans for dunks but he's a PF who doesn't exactly shout "greatness". CP3 is nice for the league. Rose and Westbrook are good for league but Rose is injured and Westbrook is obnoxious. Curry's great.

What else?? Kobe and Wade don't bring in the big bucks anymore. Paul George doesn't bring in **** compared to a young Kobe or Tmac.

There's just not much excitement right now. I mean I've never seen more 32+ year olds playing big roles on teams. Where are the ambitious uber talented young guys to knock these old guys out of the league? New fans don't come in wanting to see Paul Pierce anymore.

The league was all worried once Jordan retired..but look what we got. The expectations were risen so high that so much talent DID come in. I mean you had Kobe and Shaq. Vince Carter in Toronto would sell out away games because of his show. Tmac, Ray, Iverson, KG. The 7 6 Yao Ming. Jordan returns to Wizards. Pierce's Celtics. Etc etc. Every team had there 'Jordan' and making every team a reason to root for.

Now days there's soo many garbage teams who just want a lottery. In 2002 the Magic were a garbage team but you had friggin Tmac.

The league needs to get an identity back. There's no good storylines because every player wants to be friends and practice together.

astonmartin10
12-26-2013, 10:55 PM
Don't like the look.

COOLbeans
12-26-2013, 11:00 PM
Covered up alot of ugly tattoos out there

ChiSox219
12-26-2013, 11:33 PM
The NBA doesnt even allow the jersey manufacturer to put their corporate logo on game jerseys, I dont think we see ads anytime soon but with a new commish things could change quickly.

I think the sleeved jerseys is more of an Adidas perogative because it creates more visual exposure for their brand. Did you all see those zubaz jerseys they made for NCAA last year? Similar idea.

If Nike had the license we'd still see special Christmas jerseys but I doubt they would have sleeves. You have to understand Nike represents 90% of the US basketball shoe market, Adidas has to do radicial things to compete.

PurpleLynch
12-27-2013, 03:18 PM
I think they looked a little like pajamas...

Yes,you're right.

b@llhog24
12-27-2013, 03:46 PM
I kinda liked them.

If people are really concerned about the look to the point they couldn't watch the game, then something is very wrong. It's not that big a deal. The game itself didn't change so why the uproar?

Cause PSD is full of pansies.

BDawk4Prez
12-30-2013, 06:04 PM
If they took off the sleeves and kept the same look, would you guys like them better?

Not at all.