PDA

View Full Version : NY Knicks or Brooklyn Nets

Wade n Fade
12-26-2013, 12:30 AM
If you had to choose either team to be the next GM for, which one would you go with?

I choose the Nets. The main problem they have is coaching. Injuries have hurt them as well. Brook Lopez is a skilled 5 when healthy (which is his biggest problem.) I wish he could rebound at a better clip though. If it's possible, PP and KG can be separated via trade, but their contracts are hard to take for other NBA teams.

The Knicks are just a mess. Poor coaching, poor player chemistry, bad front office personnel, and a terrible owner. At least Prokorov is investing in the team and allows some leeway compared to Dolan. Melo is going to walk away or the Knicks have to trade him somewhere. The team is loaded with ball stoppers that don't want to play any D or pass the ball. JR Smith has a PER of 10.53 and got a -32 +/- vs the Thunder today and he is shooting 34.6% this season. His stats are so bad that, Robbie Hummel, E'Twaun Moore, Steven Adams, Brian Roberts, etc are more efficient than JR. His contract made him even more complacent. MWP, Shumpert, and Tyson are the only guys capable of playing D. Amare's knees are no good. Kenyon Martin is okay on D, sometimes I see some good things like blocks on back to back sequences. Shumpert is overrated though. Raymond Felton is just fat and a shell of himself from his first time in NY. I can go on and on about the Knicks lack of cohesion on and off the court, but their play speaks for itself. I am enjoying it though because I am a Heat fan.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-26-2013, 01:17 AM
Knicks easily.

They have more picks available and contracts end sooner.

Nets are the worst place to start for a GM.

Riodagoat
12-26-2013, 01:20 AM
I would go NY. Simply because they have more feasible assets that would make it easier to rebuild, at least compared to Brooklyn. Plus, players are generally attracted to playing in NY.

I blow up that team and start from scratch. Trade Melo for picks and young players and trade Amare's contract with Shumpert as a trade bait.

Nets are in the worst situation possible. No picks until 2040 and they are stuck with the Stone Age Fossil crew.

THE MTL
12-26-2013, 01:24 AM
If you had to choose either team to be the next GM for, which one would you go with?

I choose the Nets. The main problem they have is coaching. Injuries have hurt them as well. Brook Lopez is a skilled 5 when healthy (which is his biggest problem.) I wish he could rebound at a better clip though. If it's possible, PP and KG can be separated via trade, but their contracts are hard to take for other NBA teams.

The Knicks are just a mess. Poor coaching, poor player chemistry, bad front office personnel, and a terrible owner. At least Prokorov is investing in the team and allows some leeway compared to Dolan. Melo is going to walk away or the Knicks have to trade him somewhere. The team is loaded with ball stoppers that don't want to play any D or pass the ball. JR Smith has a PER of 10.53 and got a -32 +/- vs the Thunder today and he is shooting 34.6% this season. His stats are so bad that, Robbie Hummel, E'Twaun Moore, Steven Adams, Brian Roberts, etc are more efficient than JR. His contract made him even more complacent. MWP, Shumpert, and Tyson are the only guys capable of playing D. Amare's knees are no good. Kenyon Martin is okay on D, sometimes I see some good things like blocks on back to back sequences. Shumpert is overrated though. Raymond Felton is just fat and a shell of himself from his first time in NY. I can go on and on about the Knicks lack of cohesion on and off the court, but their play speaks for itself. I am enjoying it though because I am a Heat fan.

All of the Knicks contract except Hardaway expires in 2015. So a GM has a clean slate in 1 1/2 year and has a talent like Melo to work with.

Nets are cap locked for years. Picks '14, '16, and '18 all given away. KG and Pierce are old and Dwill has lost it. Where does a GM start with the Nets?

GiantsSwaGG
12-26-2013, 01:27 AM

:facepalm: you do realize u have no picks til 2023 and a center with bad feet!

Riodagoat
12-26-2013, 01:32 AM

They have been in the finals in the last 3 years winning 2 of them.
Other teams spend an eternity playing the draft and developing prospects and never achieve anything.
So what's your point?

GiantsSwaGG
12-26-2013, 01:35 AM
Other teams spend an eternity playing the draft and developing prospects and never achieve anything.
So what's your point?

Yeah but yet teams like the Pacers, Bulls, Thunder etc build threw the draft and will be intact for a while, while the Heat basically have a year left of dominance before Wade breaks down, LeBron leaves and Bosh is your best player.

That's my point brah

THE MTL

He's a Heat fan, what u expect? He probi didnt even do his homework on the cap or pick situation of either team. He just made a stupid thread to hear himself talk.

As much as you hate the Knicks, for a new GM it is a NO BRAINER to chose NYK over BKN. Its seriously a joke.

jmoney85

the nets dont have picks till 2023? thats news to me

mjt20mik
12-26-2013, 01:36 AM
NY.. billy king messed up the Nets

jmoney85
12-26-2013, 01:37 AM
I would choose the nets in a heartbeat for a new gm

it would take the nets literally 3 days to recoup 3-5 1st rounders via trade for players on the roster... I don't see the knicks being able to accomplish that

GiantsSwaGG
12-26-2013, 01:40 AM
I would choose the nets in a heartbeat for a new gm

it would take the nets literally 3 days to recoup 3-5 1st rounders via trade for players on the roster... I don't see the knicks being able to accomplish that

:laugh: plz explain... Only team that would be dumb enough to trade picks for 35 yr + players are the Nets

THE MTL
12-26-2013, 01:40 AM
So what's your point?

Ummm...i think he's talking about Brooklyn.

GiantsSwaGG
12-26-2013, 01:41 AM
He's a Heat fan, what u expect? He probi didnt even do his homework on the cap or pick situation of either team. He just made a stupid thread to hear himself talk.

As much as you hate the Knicks, for a new GM it is a NO BRAINER to chose NYK over BKN. Its seriously a joke.

His explanation is laughable

DDynO
12-26-2013, 01:41 AM
Knicks. They actually have picks in the next 5 years.

jmoney85
12-26-2013, 01:42 AM
:laugh: plz explain... Only team that would be dumb enough to trade picks for 35 yr + players are the Nets

pierce and garnett could easily yield a 1st rounder each and dwill can probably yield 2.... I haven't even touched blatche or ak47

Riodagoat
12-26-2013, 01:44 AM
Yeah but yet teams like the Pacers, Bulls, Thunder etc build threw the draft and will be intact for a while, while the Heat basically have a year left of dominance before Wade breaks down, LeBron leaves and Bosh is your best player.

That's my point brah

You're missing the point. They already won 2 chips with the Big 3 era. They've won. Even if they left, they will still have it. You brought up other teams such as Bulls and Pacers. Even if their core stays for the next 10 years, it doesn't guarantee that they will win it all.

This is the same exact reason why BK did what they did. They traded all of their potential assets for a win-now situation. Obviously, it didn't work out. But you can't sit there and tell me that no team would be willing to make a franchise changing move for a possibility of winning a championship even if that means sacrificing some of the future.

In the end, championships > everything else

GiantsSwaGG
12-26-2013, 01:45 AM
pierce and garnett could easily yield a 1st rounder each and dwill can probably yield 2.... I haven't even touched blatche or ak47

:laugh:

jmoney85
12-26-2013, 01:48 AM

great respone... good to see your IQ is still room temp since i've been gone

THE MTL

Just stop yourself while you're ahead.....dont want you to touch blatche or ak47

GiantsSwaGG
You're missing the point. They already won 2 chips with the Big 3 era. They've won. Even if they left, they will still have it. You brought up other teams such as Bulls and Pacers. Even if their core stays for the next 10 years, it doesn't guarantee that they will win it all.

This is the same exact reason why BK did what they did. They traded all of their potential assets for a win-now situation. Obviously, it didn't work out. But you can't sit there and tell me that no team would be willing to make a franchise changing move for a possibility of winning a championship even if that means sacrificing some of the future.

In the end, championships > everything else

Pacers were 1 game away from making the finals...

Bulls with a heathly rose probably make the finals...

Westbrook being injured hurt the Thunders chances last year...

Heat deserved it obviously but they been somewhat lucky.

Once the Heat dismantle, it's the Thunder, Pacers and Bulls that will be fighting for the title

jmoney85
12-26-2013, 01:49 AM
a knick fan laughs at the notion of pierce or garnett yielding a 1st via trade but the knicks traded a 1st for bargnani ... lol the irony

GiantsSwaGG
12-26-2013, 01:49 AM
great respone... good to see your IQ is still room temp since i've been gone

I'm not going to even go at it with you, you're IQ is on par with Jason Kidd coaching!

GiantsSwaGG
12-26-2013, 01:50 AM
a knick fan laughs at the notion of pierce or garnett yielding a 1st via trade but the knicks traded a 1st for bargnani ... lol the irony

You guys traded a 1st for Gerald Wallace who was expiring :laugh:

Stop it kid :laugh: brags is actually playing better than Garnett this season lol sad isn't it

jmoney85
12-26-2013, 01:52 AM
You guys traded a 1st for Gerald Wallace who was expiring :laugh:

Stop it kid :laugh: brags is actually playing better than Garnett this season lol sad isn't it

thank you for proving my point even further... you are so dumb lol

Riodagoat
12-26-2013, 01:53 AM
Pacers were 1 game away from making the finals...

Bulls with a heathly rose probably make the finals...

Westbrook being injured hurt the Thunders chances last year...

Heat deserved it obviously but they been somewhat lucky.

Once the Heat dismantle, it's the Thunder, Pacers and Bulls that will be fighting for the title

I agree with all the facts it's maybe the exception of the Bulls. And yes, winning takes a lot of talent, but at the same time you need luck on your side.

However, the conversation is being derailed. I still don't get why you tried to undermine the Heat's situation for not having pick when they've won twice during the process. :shrug:

THE MTL
12-26-2013, 01:53 AM

Bargs is 28 years old. And at the time it was a trade to a semi-contender. I agree it is stupid that we gave them a pick.

But KG and Pierce are finished within 1 year or maybe 2 for Pierce. They might get a first rounder from a TRUE CONTENDER team like the Thunder or Spurs which makes the pick >#25. But no one else would trade a first rounder for either guy, meanwhile, the Nets would easily be the worst team in the league with NONE of their OWN picks which would be the HIGH picks

GiantsSwaGG
12-26-2013, 01:55 AM
thank you for proving my point even further... you are so dumb lol

No thank you for looking more ****.... Again read what I typed, the only team that would trade a 1st for an expiring are the Nets

Trade a 1st for 35 & 37 yr old players are the Nets

Trade a 1st for a 31 yr old overpaid SG are the nets...

So unless the nets are trading with the Nets, no other teams will make those stupid trades. Do you get it now DMF?

GiantsSwaGG
12-26-2013, 01:56 AM
I agree with all the facts it's maybe the exception of the Bulls. And yes, winning takes a lot of talent, but at the same time you need luck on your side.

However, the conversation is being derailed. I still don't get why you tried to undermine the Heat's situation for not having pick when they've won twice during the process. :shrug:

Brah I was talking about the nets... The nets have no picks

Sactown
Bargs is 28 years old. And at the time it was a trade to a semi-contender. I agree it is stupid that we gave them a pick.

But KG and Pierce are finished within 1 year or maybe 2 for Pierce. They might get a first rounder from a TRUE CONTENDER team like the Thunder or Spurs which makes the pick >#25. Meanwhile, the Nets would easily be the worst team in the league with NONE of their OWN picks.

Did you seriously just justify the Knicks trade by saying they thought they were a contender but than bash the Nets trade because they suck... Both teams gave up bad picks for players who aren't worth it.. stop it.. many people thought the nets had a legit shot at being a contender...

Also back to the OP, honestly it's hard to choose, both teams need overhauling and while the Knicks have more draft picks I think the Nets have more tradable assets. Idk toss up

jmoney85

But KG and Pierce are finished within 1 year or maybe 2 for Pierce. They might get a first rounder from a TRUE CONTENDER team like the Thunder or Spurs which makes the pick >#25. Meanwhile, the Nets would easily be the worst team in the league with NONE of their OWN picks.

doesn't matter... my point is that the nets COULD yield at least 4 1st rounders via trade if they wanted to blow it up.... there is no debating that... I can name over 10 trades in the last 3 years where players worse than anybody on the nets roster yielded 1st rounders... I would take 4 rounders in the 2014 draft anyday of the week... don't even care if none of them were top 10 picks

effen5
12-26-2013, 01:58 AM
I'd stop watching basketball if these were my choices.

GiantsSwaGG
12-26-2013, 01:59 AM
Plz who would trade a 1st for Garnett who's basically trash at this point...

Blatche and Ak47 who's injured?

GiantsSwaGG
12-26-2013, 02:01 AM
I'd stop watching basketball if these were my choices.

This

Sactown
12-26-2013, 02:01 AM
doesn't matter... my point is that the nets COULD yield at least 4 1st rounders via trade if they wanted to blow it up.... there is no debating that... I can name over 10 trades in the last 3 years where players worse than anybody on the nets roster yielded 1st rounders... I would take 4 rounders in the 2014 draft anyday of the week... don't even care if none of them were top 10 picks

No way you get 4 this year, but I could see 4 in total, D-Will could probably fetch 2
Sure a team would consider PP and KG for a 1st
Brook Lopez could land a few 1st in the future, and you'd have to stick it out with JJ

jmoney85
12-26-2013, 02:03 AM
No thank you for looking more ****.... Again read what I typed, the only team that would trade a 1st for an expiring are the Nets

Trade a 1st for 35 & 37 yr old players are the Nets

Trade a 1st for a 31 yr old overpaid SG are the nets...

So unless the nets are trading with the Nets, no other teams will make those stupid trades. Do you get it now DMF?

(JUST LAST YEAR)
steve nash was traded for 2 1st rounders
jon leuer was traded for a 1st
corey maggette was traded for a 1st
arnett moultrie was traded for a 1st

But pierce or garnett cant get 1st's

GiantsSwaGG
12-26-2013, 02:05 AM
No way you get 4 this year, but I could see 4 in total, D-Will could probably fetch 2
Brook Lopez could land a few 1st in the future, and you'd have to stick it out with JJ

Again how does Garnett fetch a first? He's basically retiring at seasons end

Brook broke his foot again and unless a team didn't learn from the Yao Ming situation I can't see a team giving a 1st for Lopez especially with that contract and his horrible rebounding and defense...

Deron is now injurying prone and I can only see a team giving a protected 1st for him

Raps18-19 Champ
12-26-2013, 02:05 AM
Knicks. They have better trade pieces for a rebuild.

jmoney85
12-26-2013, 02:06 AM

pierce and garnett would yield two seperate 1st rounders from 2 different contenders... they could probably trade dwill to another team for 2 1st rounders ( 1 for next year) and blatche could yield a 1st EASILY with that favorable contract

Riodagoat
12-26-2013, 02:07 AM
Brah I was talking about the nets... The nets have no picks

My bad brah. OP is a Heat fan and coincidentally your statement matched their situation.

GiantsSwaGG
12-26-2013, 02:08 AM
(JUST LAST YEAR)
steve nash was traded for 2 1st rounders
jon leuer was traded for a 1st
corey maggette was traded for a 1st
arnett moultrie was traded for a 1st

But pierce or garnett cant get 1st's

Yeah and all those teams got raped... It won't happen again hints why even the Knicks wouldn't part with a 1st for Lowery...

jmoney85
12-26-2013, 02:10 AM
Yeah and all those teams got raped... It won't happen again hints why even the Knicks wouldn't part with a 1st for Lowery...

so the knicks can trade a 1st for bargnani but its off limits for lowry ... lol get a clue dude

GiantsSwaGG
My bad brah. OP is a Heat fan and coincidentally your statement matched their situation.

It's all good

Raps18-19 Champ
Plz who would trade a 1st for Garnett who's basically trash at this point...

Blatche and Ak47 who's injured?

Garnett could probably play better on a different team but the Nets coaching is garbage (and they are playing him like 15 mins a game).

A team that needs that next push would probably trade a 1st for him and can get some production. Hell, Thunder probably wouldn't mind giving a 1st for Garnett considering how garbage Perkins is.

GiantsSwaGG
12-26-2013, 02:11 AM
so the knicks can trade a 1st for bargnani but its off limits for lowry ... lol get a clue dude

The Knicks were dumb to trade a 1st for Brags, but again Brags is playing better than Garnett. The nets were stupid to trade their future for 2 retiring players!

jimm120
12-26-2013, 02:27 AM
IF the nets dismantle now, in season, they can get a 1st for garnet and pierce and maybe a 2014 1st and a future 1st with good dealings. It'll be a low pick, though. Only teams like the thunder/clippers would trade for those two guys.

Deron can easily bring back 2 1sts...1 2014 and a future first. And it could be a high pick too. A bad team or a mid tier team would trade that for an under control (though slightly expensive) deron.

Brook Lopez can bring back 1 pick...though only a future 1st, not a 2014 pick. Why? Cause he's injured and out for the year.

The rest can't bring back picks.

So yeah, they can get at least 3 picks(1 lottery, 1 end of draft, and a future) or maybe even 5 picks (1 lottery, 1 end of draft, 2 future picks, with 1 of those coming from a bad team).

But only if they break it up ow in season.

But if not....the nets are in horrible position. No picks and right to swap to a low pick for 6 straight years I believe.

Knicks at least have 3 picks, 1 right to swap to a lo pick in the next 6 years.

Plus, Knicks can trade some for 2 first rounders.

effen5
12-26-2013, 02:29 AM
pierce and garnett would yield two seperate 1st rounders from 2 different contenders... they could probably trade dwill to another team for 2 1st rounders ( 1 for next year) and blatche could yield a 1st EASILY with that favorable contract

I wouldn't give up a first for any of those players. I'd be willing to give up Boozer, Marquis Teague for Pierce.

RipCity32
12-26-2013, 02:31 AM
I highly doubt anyone trades a 1st for Garnett. He's finished and that would just be like flushing a pick down the toilet. I actually am having a hard time thinking of a single team right now who doesn't have a PF on their roster who is better than him at this point. The Nets would probably have to trade 1st rounders with Deron to find someone to take on his massive contract with his injuries and production. The only team who made trades for guys like these are the Nets so I don't really know who King would call.

Sactown
12-26-2013, 02:33 AM
If I'm the nets I look into a few trades;

One being

Brooklyn Sends Clippers: Paul Pierce, The Jet
Brooklyn receives from Clippers: JJ Reddick, Dudley, Matt Barnes, Eric Bledsoe exception and future 1st top 5 protected

Another idea

Brooklyn sends to Minny: Dwill Livingston AK 47
Brooklyn receives from Minny: Alexy Shaved, (Rubio or JJ barea) Brewer and Buddinger and 2 top 5 protected future 1st (2015-2017 or 2014-2016)

3rd idea
KG and Blatche for Asik and Greg Smith with. Top 5 protected 1st

4th idea
KG and Blatche for Bogut and Harrison Barnes

5th idea
Brook Lopez (next season) and Blatche for Bogut, Barnes and 2 1st rounders

effen5
12-26-2013, 02:33 AM
Every single Net player's stock is at a ALL TIME LOW. Only two players on that team might be able to net you a first rounder, Deron and Brook. You're not getting a first for KG or Pierce or any of the other trash on that team.

jmoney85
12-26-2013, 02:37 AM
blatche can definitely yield a 1st also.... he has an extremely favorable contract and is a very productive player (most of the time)

RipCity32
12-26-2013, 02:37 AM

One being

Brooklyn receives from Clippers: JJ Reddick, Dudley, Matt Barnes, Eric Bledsoe exception and future 1st top 5 protected

Another idea

Brooklyn receives from Minny: Alexy Shaved, (Rubio or JJ barea) Brewer and Buddinger and 2 top 5 protected future 1st (2015-2017 or 2014-2016)

3rd idea

4th idea

5th idea

Sorry man but those are all terrible trades for the other teams. Nobody is giving a 1st rounder for some corpses. Lopez could but even Williams has too many question marks at this point to warrant some one to build their team around his salary.

jmoney85
12-26-2013, 02:38 AM
Every single Net player's stock is at a ALL TIME LOW. Only two players on that team might be able to net you a first rounder, Deron and Brook. You're not getting a first for KG or Pierce or any of the other trash on that team.

look at the history of nba transactions and it proves that you are wrong

THE MTL
12-26-2013, 02:42 AM

One being

Another idea

3rd idea

4th idea

5th idea

LMAO! At ur horrible trades. Each and everyone one of them.

Wait did u just propose Rubio and 2 firsts for DWill? KG for Asik...with a first?

jp611
12-26-2013, 02:47 AM

Pierce won't net you a first rounder. And either will KG.

The best you're gonna get is worse contracts, and teams looking for salary cap relief earlier.

Pierce for Boozer would work out for the Nets if they're desperate to try and improve their team, and that's probably the best deal you're going to see for someone like that.

KG isn't getting you a first at this point. It's gonna be another bad contract to give teams cap relief.

AK47 - yeah, I'm sure everyone's lining up to give first round picks up for him :rolleyes:

Blatche - :laugh2: My god. He's not netting a first round pick in this deep draft.

D-Will and Lopez are the only assets that could net a first round pick on this team. And Lopez isn't worth that with his injury history.

The Nets are in serious trouble for a long time.

jmoney85
12-26-2013, 02:53 AM
Pierce won't net you a first rounder. And either will KG.

The best you're gonna get is worse contracts, and teams looking for salary cap relief earlier.

Pierce for Boozer would work out for the Nets if they're desperate to try and improve their team, and that's probably the best deal you're going to see for someone like that.

KG isn't getting you a first at this point. It's gonna be another bad contract to give teams cap relief.

AK47 - yeah, I'm sure everyone's lining up to give first round picks up for him :rolleyes:

Blatche - :laugh2: My god. He's not netting a first round pick in this deep draft.

D-Will and Lopez are the only assets that could net a first round pick on this team. And Lopez isn't worth that with his injury history.

The Nets are in serious trouble for a long time.

again

the history of nba transactions proves you wrong also

worse players have been traded for 1st rounders

KniCks4LiFe
12-26-2013, 02:53 AM
Easily the Nets.

I don't have to put up w/ James Dolan's ********.

I'd fix the Nets so easily. And pave the way to build a future threat in the Eastern Conference.

effen5
12-26-2013, 02:54 AM
look at the history of nba transactions and it proves that you are wrong

Most terrible trades comes from the Nets and Knicks so no, nobody is willing to trade with you guys unless you guys have a pick to give away.

effen5
12-26-2013, 02:55 AM
again

Again, bad GMs trade first round picks for terrible players. Unfortunately two of the GM's we're talking about are related to this thread.

Chrisclover
12-26-2013, 03:07 AM
Nets!!!it is a no -brainer for me
you know ,the owner Proky is a very nice guy because even the Nets is this bad ,he hasnt fired anyone and hasnt done any trades.The only change is that he let Kidd demote his assistant coach .
The economy is bad ,so I would like to find a stable job :cheers:
Proky is the most generous and nicest boss of the world

jp611
12-26-2013, 03:08 AM
again

In worse drafts.

KniCks4LiFe
12-26-2013, 03:09 AM
The Nets aren't hard to fix. It all starts wit Deron Williams and acquiring assets for him.

First I'd put the for sale sign on D-Will.

I'd revisit the Lin/Asik and try to get them to throw in T.Jones. That's move #1.

Then I'd take Paul Pierce and dangle him for a player and a pick. There are many teams in the West that can use his toughness. Hell there are some in the East that could benefit from him being their 3rd option.

KG is the one I hold onto until I'm floored w/ a starting player w/ [no more than 2 yrs. to his contract] and pick.

Jason Terry is also movable and I know plenty of teams can use a combo guard as a 4th option in the playoffs.

Blatche is a tricky one. I think I hold onto him. What he does for what he's paid is just not movable to me unless you take Joe's contract too.

Mirza I'd package him w/ Plumlee and Livingston, who can give me the most for him.

I've already gotten younger wit these moves, added potential cap space, added 2 to 3 picks we didn't have.

I'd also think about packaging Asik wit Bogdonavic for a future deal.

The Nets aren't hard to fix. You just have to keep in mind to acquire young athletic assets. And free up cap space in 2 yrs.

Land an athletic 3 guard, land a back up PG, buy a pick. You can rebuild quickly. It's all about freeing up space and acquiring young assets.

jmoney85
12-26-2013, 03:10 AM
Again, bad GMs trade first round picks for terrible players. Unfortunately two of the GM's we're talking about are related to this thread.

mitch kupchak traded two 1st rounders for steve nash

and he has rings for days... he must be a bad gm

your logic is soooo flawed.

effen5
12-26-2013, 03:14 AM

No it's not. Steve Nash was still playing solid when they picked him up. Now lets see Mitch dangle Nash right now for first round picks...you think someone would do it? Maybe the Nets or Knicks if they had any first round picks.

jmoney85
12-26-2013, 03:16 AM
In worse drafts.

again....

history proves otherwise

KniCks4LiFe
12-26-2013, 03:16 AM
To fix the Knicks, you need Dolan in a coma, he interferes too much and puts you in a mess.

effen5
12-26-2013, 03:17 AM
again....

history proves otherwise

If that is the case, why aren't there any offers for Pierce or Garnett?

KniCks4LiFe
No it's not. Steve Nash was still playing solid when they picked him up. Now lets see Mitch dangle Nash right now for first round picks...you think someone would do it? Maybe the Nets or Knicks if they had any first round picks.

No. Neither.

RipCity32

That's not the same at all. Your logic would be that the Lakers could trade Nash for a 1st now, Which will not happen. KG could have netted a 1st last year but not now.

jp611
12-26-2013, 03:18 AM
No team in their right mind is going to give up a first round pick for two nursing home patients in this draft.

You'll be lucky to get someone of Boozer's caliber in a deal. The only trades teams are going to make for those guys are to get expirings so they can get some cap relief. You're not going to get any picks in this draft. In other years, perhaps. But no teams are going to give up any picks for them. Maybe a second rounder or something. But it's likely just going to be the Nets acquiring a worse contract and a team gaining some cap relief.

effen5
That's not the same at all. Your logic would be that the Lakers could trade Nash for a 1st now, Which will not happen. KG could have netted a 1st last year but not now.

Exactly. Thank you.

jmoney85
If that is the case, why aren't there any offers for Pierce or Garnett?

how do we know their arent?

jp611
12-26-2013, 03:19 AM
again....

history proves otherwise

How does history prove otherwise?

There's never been a 2013 draft class.

jp611
12-26-2013, 03:20 AM
Boozer for Pierce.

Nets get a big man and allows them to move KG to C. The Bulls get an expiring contract and can buy out his contract after the deal is made. Then Pierce could sign with the Clippers for one last hurrah.

KniCks4LiFe
12-26-2013, 03:23 AM
No team in their right mind is going to give up a first round pick for two nursing home patients in this draft.

You'll be lucky to get someone of Boozer's caliber in a deal. The only trades teams are going to make for those guys are to get expirings so they can get some cap relief. You're not going to get any picks in this draft. In other years, perhaps. But no teams are going to give up any picks for them. Maybe a second rounder or something. But it's likely just going to be the Nets acquiring a worse contract and a team gaining some cap relief.

really? so a Clippers team that thinks they may win an NBA championship if they acquire a Paul Pierce who the coach knows. They wouldn't deal a 1st rd. pick for him?

A team like Golden State that lacks the veteran presence, that team wouldn't? The Mavs are always game we know that.

Don't say no one. While these picks are deep. A shot to win NBA championship is not always there.

jmoney85
12-26-2013, 03:24 AM

all of a sudden you're the dictator of value?

your team traded a 1st for corey maggette last year but now KG isn't worth a 1st?

gtfo son

KniCks4LiFe
12-26-2013, 03:25 AM
Boozer for Pierce.

Nets get a big man and allows them to move KG to C. The Bulls get an expiring contract and can buy out his contract after the deal is made. Then Pierce could sign with the Clippers for one last hurrah.

how does that help Brooklyn? If anything you established the Clippers would want him, so why go through the Bulls to get Boozer?

RipCity32
12-26-2013, 03:26 AM
how do we know their arent?

If there have been then Billy King is even worse then I thought for not pulling the trigger already lol.

jmoney85
12-26-2013, 03:26 AM
Boozer for Pierce.

why would the nets trade for boozer if they are doing a full rebuild

jmoney85
12-26-2013, 03:27 AM
If there have been then Billy King is even worse then I thought for not pulling the trigger already lol.

ill bet my right kidney that if KG was available that the clips would trade a 1st rounder in a NY minute

jp611
12-26-2013, 03:27 AM
how does that help Brooklyn? If anything you established the Clippers would want him, so why go through the Bulls to get Boozer?

And why waste a first round pick when you can get him for free?

That deal definitely helps the Nets, they need some big men and they are stuck in a small window to compete. Reuniting Boozer with D-Will could help give them some scoring in the post, this moves KG over to C and Blatche can come off the bench.

jmoney85
12-26-2013, 03:28 AM
too many dumb people post in here with terrible logic.. i'm going to bed

effen5
12-26-2013, 03:28 AM

your team traded a 1st for corey maggette last year but now KG isn't worth a 1st?

gtfo son

That trade was more beneficial for the Pistons than the Bobcats. They got rid of a terrible contract (saved the Pistons 14 mil) and their first round is protected through 2016.

They didn't trade this years draft pick. That would be silly.

RipCity32
12-26-2013, 03:29 AM

gtfo son

It was dumb but not as dumb as what your talking about. We traded a big contract for a expiring contract and threw in a 1st to get it done. Dumars wanted cap space, We didn't just trade a 1st rounder for Magette. Still dumb especially seeing how stacked the draft is this year.

jp611
why would the nets trade for boozer if they are doing a full rebuild

They can't do a full on rebuild.

Their GM ruined that when he traded for Joe Johnson and Pierce and KG.

They have no assets, and have no players to get assets (minus D-Will)

Their best bet is to try and compete right now. Getting Boozer helps their low post game and gives them a PF, allowing KG to move to C.

jmoney85

That deal definitely helps the Nets, they need some big men and they are stuck in a small window to compete. Reuniting Boozer with D-Will could help give them some scoring in the post, this moves KG over to C and Blatche can come off the bench.

boozer does nothing to help the nets... he plays horrible defense... if thats the case we will continue to use mirza at the 4

jp611
12-26-2013, 03:30 AM
It was dumb but not as dumb as what your talking about. We traded a big contract for a expiring contract and through in a 1st to get it done. Dumars wouldn't cap space, We didn't just trade a 1st rounder for Magette. Still dumb especially seeing how stacked the draft is this year.

Let alone, that draft was trash.

I almost guarantee the Pistons don't make that deal if it's this draft class.

effen5
12-26-2013, 03:30 AM
ill bet my right kidney that if KG was available that the clips would trade a 1st rounder in a NY minute

Why wouldn't KG be available? Why wouldn't the entire Nets roster be available? You guys aren't doing anything in the next 7 years.

KniCks4LiFe
12-26-2013, 03:31 AM

B/c you don't. Another team can swoop in and take him from you.

That deal helps the Nets in no way. KG has the smaller contract, Boozer is harder to move in the NBA. If the Nets are rebuilding they aren't keeping D-Will. This isn't about catering to him. This is about moving on. Blatche is a better post player than Boozer.

RipCity32
That trade was more beneficial for the Pistons than the Bobcats. They got rid of a terrible contract (saved the Pistons 14 mil) and their first round is protected through 2016.

They didn't trade this years draft pick. That would be silly.

It's gone, It's only top8 protected this year.

jp611
boozer does nothing to help the nets... he plays horrible defense... if thats the case we will continue to use mirza at the 4

Mirza isn't able to get double-doubles on a nightly basis like Boozer.

And his lack of defense is pretty overstated. He's not great by any means, but he's not as bad as people make it out to be. Noah really masks his deficiencies and KG would too.

jp611
12-26-2013, 03:32 AM

That deal helps the Nets in no way. KG has the smaller contract, Boozer is harder to move in the NBA. If the Nets are rebuilding they aren't keeping D-Will. This isn't about catering to him. This is about moving on. Blatche is a better post player than Boozer.

Why are we acting as if the Nets don't make horrible deals all the time?

Boozer deal would be a great trade for them compared to the JJ, KG + Pierce disasters.

Blatche is not better than Boozer :laugh2:

effen5
12-26-2013, 03:35 AM

You honestly can't believe Blatche is better than Boozer in the post...WOW

Boozer would play even better especially with Deron on that team.

KniCks4LiFe
12-26-2013, 03:36 AM
Why are we acting as if the Nets don't make horrible deals all the time?

Boozer deal would be a great trade for them compared to the JJ, KG + Pierce disasters.

Blatche is not better than Boozer :laugh2:

We're not talking if we're Billy King. We're saying if we were GMS. And if I'm a GM I don't want a bad rep.

No it wouldn't. B/c you delay developing Blatche and potentially moving him in the future.

Blatche is better. His PER is even better. What % you want to go over?

AB 11/6 w/ 18.07 PER off the bench

CB 14/9 w/ a 15.20 PER as a starter

KniCks4LiFe
12-26-2013, 03:39 AM
You honestly can't believe Blatche is better than Boozer in the post...WOW

Boozer would play even better especially with Deron on that team.

No he wouldn't. And lets not go over the faults that Boozer has, no defense, he's mostly helped by Noah's post passing, and help D. If Boozer were as good as you claimed, you wouldn't want to move him for KG.

effen5
12-26-2013, 03:41 AM
No he wouldn't. And lets not go over the faults that Boozer has, no defense, he's mostly helped by Noah's post passing, and help D. If Boozer were as good as you claimed, you wouldn't want to move him for KG.

?? I don't want to move him for KG.

jp611
12-26-2013, 03:42 AM
After looking at Blatche's numbers this year, I must say he has played better than him.

Blatche has become pretty efficient these past two seasons, and I must say I am surprised about that.

But it's not about Boozer vs. Blatche really. Because they need some more depth at the 4, they could both play about the same amount of minutes a game anyway, as Blatche will back up KG as well.

Now I do think Boozer would be playing better if he's motivated. The injuries to the Bulls have given us less hope and Jo even mentioned how they knew there season was done in November, so some guys just aren't motivated right now.

Reuniting Booz with D-Will would certainly help that team out. And they're not in a position to rebuild, because they have literally ZERO assets. It's either try to compete now, or just be really bad for a long time.

jp611
12-26-2013, 03:44 AM

Ummmm... We want to trade him for Paul Pierce.

We want the expiring contract, it has nothing to do with Boozer. I am one of Boozer's biggest fans in fact, but this team needs to set themselves up better for the future and getting PP, then buying him out, not only makes us worse, but gets us out of Boozer's contract one year earlier.

KniCks4LiFe
12-26-2013, 03:44 AM
what's hilarious to me is how a Chicago Bulls fan can call a KG or a PP for Boozer deal a (+) move for a GM.

When you weigh in that this is basically adding $15M for one more season. To block off a player [Blatche] that make $14M less and plays better than what you want to trade to them. It's a Billy King move, would you like a pick wit that too?

It's the dumbest move ever. I could get more for a PT player in Kevin Garnett or Paul Pierce. That prolly wasn't even a serious trade request.

jp611
12-26-2013, 03:47 AM
what's hilarious to me is how a Chicago Bulls fan can call a KG or a PP for Boozer deal a (+) move for a GM.

When you weigh in that this is basically adding $15M for one more season. To block off a player [Blatche] that make $14M less and plays better than what you want to trade to them. It's a Billy King move, would you like a pick wit that too?

It's the dumbest move ever. I could get more for a PT player in Kevin Garnett or Paul Pierce. That prolly wasn't even a serious trade request.

It was actually mentioned on Grantland, which is a very credible sports site.

It's not the dumbest move ever.

Look no further then the Knicks Carmelo Anthony trade, the Nets KG, Paul Pierce, and Joe Johnson trades as well.

This is Billy King we're talking about here, and Prokhorov. These guys are delusional and think they can build a team overnight. What makes you believe they're just going to give up on it now?

jp611
12-26-2013, 03:50 AM
And again, why are we making this Blatche vs. Boozer?

The Nets just lost their big man for the season and clearly need some help in the post.

They aren't going to get Asik unless they give up D-Will, and the delusional Nets FO isn't ready to give up on him yet.

KniCks4LiFe
12-26-2013, 03:52 AM
It was actually mentioned on Grantland, which is a very credible sports site.

It's not the dumbest move ever.

Look no further then the Knicks Carmelo Anthony trade, the Nets KG, Paul Pierce, and Joe Johnson trades as well.

Who was the reporter?

It is.

Let me put it to you this way.

You Andray Blatche who is more gifted than Carlos Boozer, more mobile than Carlos Boozer, makes 14 million dollar less than Carlos Boozer. Why in the blue hell do you make this deal?

Look at the thread, the OP saids IF YOU WERE GM.

This is Billy King we're talking about here, and Prokhorov. These guys are delusional and think they can build a team overnight. What makes you believe they're just going to give up on it now?

B/c it's not working. You have over $200M invested in a starting line up that only has 1 player in the top 10 in player efficiency. And he's out for the season.

KniCks4LiFe
12-26-2013, 03:54 AM
And again, why are we making this Blatche vs. Boozer?

The Nets just lost their big man for the season and clearly need some help in the post.

They aren't going to get Asik unless they give up D-Will, and the delusional Nets FO isn't ready to give up on him yet.

B/c you want to trade PP for him. I'm giving you the fact that the Nets don't want that.

Boozer isn't that guy.

This they won't be ready to do? but giving up an asset in PP for a stiff in Carlos Boozer, this they want to do?

jp611
12-26-2013, 03:56 AM
Who was the reporter?

It is.

Let me put it to you this way.

You Andray Blatche who is more gifted than Carlos Boozer, more mobile than Carlos Boozer, makes 14 million dollar less than Carlos Boozer. Why in the blue hell do you make this deal?

Look at the thread, the OP saids IF YOU WERE GM.

B/c it's not working. You have over $200M invested in a starting line up that only has 1 player in the top 10 in player efficiency. And he's out for the season.

Why are we comparing Blatche and Boozer again?

They're going to play the same amount of minutes.

The Nets have Blatche listed as their C.

Blatche is still going to play signifcant minutes, look at the crap they have at PF.

jp611
12-26-2013, 03:57 AM
Paul Pierce isn't really an asset outside of his expiring contract.

Carlos Boozer is not a stiff. He is still a pretty damn good PF in this league.

KniCks4LiFe
12-26-2013, 03:59 AM
Why are we comparing Blatche and Boozer again?

They're going to play the same amount of minutes.

The Nets have Blatche listed as their C.

Blatche is still going to play signifcant minutes, look at the crap they have at PF.

Why am I putting Boozer out there w/ Blatche?

Plumlee isn't crap. Reggie is. Why adding Boozer makes this look shiny to you? :laugh2:

jp611
12-26-2013, 04:01 AM
Mirza Teletovic is playing significant minutes at the 4.

Getting Carlos Boozer puts Teletovic where he should be, the end of the bench.

KniCks4LiFe
12-26-2013, 04:02 AM
Paul Pierce isn't really an asset outside of his expiring contract.

Carlos Boozer is not a stiff. He is still a pretty damn good PF in this league.

He's not an asset? PP 12/2/5 and PO experience is not an asset?

he's average as a shooter.

KniCks4LiFe
12-26-2013, 04:04 AM
someone change the topic to Knicks moves. My head hurts here.

jp611
12-26-2013, 04:05 AM
He's not an asset? PP 12/2/5 and PO experience is not an asset?

he's average as a shooter.

Certainly not worth a first round asset.

Like I said, he'll net someone with a bad contract to get a team cap relief.

KniCks4LiFe
12-26-2013, 04:10 AM

a team that is fighting for home court advantage and strengthens their bench would. A team borderline a player away from being in the playoff race would.

No. B/c for that they'd just let him expire.

Rockice_8
12-26-2013, 10:20 AM
Knicks. They actually have picks in the next 5 years.

When posting try to say something somewhat intelligent or don't say anything at all.

It's close but I might go BK just for the fact that the Knicks are about to pay Melo 24M per season. Any flexibility you thought you had goes right out the window with that one move. If they don't pay him then they don't have any assets outside of THJ and I guess Shump (who is not improving), and Tyson.

I could see a contender trading for some of the Nets pieces at least (Pierce, KG, Teletovic, Blatche, AK, Anderson, Bogdanovic). They won't fetch crazy assets but could fetch some late firsts possibly and some young bench guys.

The Nets problems have been injuries and chemistry. I think they could of gotten things together if they kept Pierce on the bench and had a healthy Lopez and D-Will but it looks like we'll never know. I thought it would work but they were too offensively minded and if they weren't scoring they didn't do the little things that help a team win.

The Nets can bounce back with a core of D-Will (who has been playing well but way too passive trying to get guys involved), JJ and a healthy Lopez. Swapping out KG for Plumlee, moving Johnson to the SF and bringing in an athletic 3 and D guy at the SG spot would help them tremendously. That will give them some athletic role players who will do the little things (who don't need touches) and give them some much needed athleticism.

Rockice_8
12-26-2013, 10:32 AM

What? So the Nets should trade PP for a guy with a bad contract by giving whatever team a guy with championship experience while getting nothing of value like a late first/young player in return. Just let him walk if that's the case. The Nets won't take on a guy with a contract more than a few years left so they can have a clean slate in 2016 with D-Will only on the books.

By the Nets trading Pierce they aren't looking to win anymore. Swapping one for one isn't solving the Nets problems just making them longer with a longer contract. Horrible idea.

tr3ymill3r
12-26-2013, 10:40 AM
If the Nets don't blow it up now, they are doomed for the next 5-10 years.

koreancabbage
12-26-2013, 10:42 AM
two words for the Knicks: Andrea Bargnani.

LongIslandIcedZ
12-26-2013, 10:52 AM
I suppose the Knicks by a very thin hair.

Both are at the bottom of the league when it comes to the future though.

todu82
12-26-2013, 10:54 AM
The Knicks. Great basketball market, good city plus they seem to a better overall organization right now.

GiantsSwaGG
12-26-2013, 12:43 PM
The Knicks. Great basketball market, good city plus they seem to a better overall organization right now.

GiantsSwaGG
12-26-2013, 12:44 PM
The only reason why I choose the Knicks is because they have picks next season and beyond. If the Nets had a 2014 1st I would of gone with the Nets

torocan
12-26-2013, 01:44 PM
Both teams are in an awful position right now.

The Knicks are in a slightly better position in terms of contracts and picks.

That said I'd have to pick the Nets. Dolan is too much of an idiot that can't resist jumping in and screwing things up. While Prokhorov wants to buy a championship, at least he'll let the GM do his job (even if he's an idiot like Billy King).

D-Leethal
12-26-2013, 01:52 PM
Knicks actually have some picks and at least has a star who doesn't have degenerative ankles and has actually played like a star in a Knicks uni. They also have roster flexibility a year earlier than Nets. I think its clear Knicks are better of the two, although its like arguing between piss and ****.

IAmARanger18
12-26-2013, 01:59 PM
All of the Knicks contract except Hardaway expires in 2015. So a GM has a clean slate in 1 1/2 year and has a talent like Melo to work with.
Nets are cap locked for years. Picks '14, '16, and '18 all given away. KG and Pierce are old and Dwill has lost it. Where does a GM start with the Nets?

That's assuming he is still there after this season and that's not guaranteed.

KniCks4LiFe
12-26-2013, 02:07 PM
The only reason why I choose the Knicks is because they have picks next season and beyond. If the Nets had a 2014 1st I would of gone with the Nets

see this is how I'm thinking. A 2014 1st is suppose to be a starter right? a potential starting 5 player.

If I'm the Nets GM and rebuild. And deal D-Will to a HOU [which I'm not shock the inept idiot that is Billy King hasn't made since it's clear KG and others don't like D-Will's attitude] I can get back a Lin, an Asik, a Terrence Jones. [who is the equivalent of that first rd. pick in 2014's worth]

I have added 3 for 1 in this one deal. And have added 3 assets. That's how flexible and better to be a GM on the Nets is.

With the Knicks. You want to rebuild, step #1 is get assets for Carmelo Anthony. [which the owner will not allow already I'm hamstrung as a GM] you lose flexibility just re-signing a Melo. B/c that contract is really 2/3 of your cap space. So it's not a rebuilding effort, it's a retooling that likely leads to you having to add veterans b/c he won't have the patience to play w/ young players who will be making mistakes. And eventually the owner wants what the star wants, and he'll force you to add veterans = bad contracts on heavy payroll, ruining your rep as a GM.

That's the difference. I never got the feeling the Nets GM is gun-ho about staying this course or catering to anyone. James Dolan, that mothaf** is a nuisance and a meddler.

And if James Dolan is reading this post or whoever works for him. Tell him Knicks4Life saids f___ you and the two that created you.

shep33
12-26-2013, 02:57 PM
The Nets are in a bad spot. After this year Deron is still owed over 60 mill. Joe Johnson is getting 48 mill over the next two. Picks are limited.

I don't think they can rebuild because nobody will take Joe Johnson's contract back unless they get multiple first rounders. That's not going to happen. Deron is just a shell of himself, which is why I'd take the deal with the Rox. At least you can use Asik and Lin's expirings next year to get you something decent.

The saddest part is Lopez. I really like this kid, best offensive center in the league by far. But you wonder if this is another Yao Ming situation. 4 breaks in 3 years? That's tough luck.

KniCks4LiFe
12-26-2013, 03:08 PM
The Nets are in a bad spot. After this year Deron is still owed over 60 mill. Joe Johnson is getting 48 mill over the next two. Picks are limited.

I don't think they can rebuild because nobody will take Joe Johnson's contract back unless they get multiple first rounders. That's not going to happen. Deron is just a shell of himself, which is why I'd take the deal with the Rox. At least you can use Asik and Lin's expirings next year to get you something decent.

The saddest part is Lopez. I really like this kid, best offensive center in the league by far. But you wonder if this is another Yao Ming situation. 4 breaks in 3 years? That's tough luck.

But is easily, the easiest one to fix. You just got to scrap it and rebuild and acquire assets. Deron is tradeable, KG is tradeable, PP is tradeable, Livingston, Plumlee, Terry, Telelovic, all of these pieces are tradable. Now Joe Johnson isn't. You gotta swallow that one. But aside from that everyone is movable.

astonmartin10
12-26-2013, 03:08 PM
Both are a mess. But the Nets have too much money tied into bad players. Easily the Knicks. Most contracts are done in 2015. And Melo which can be traded.
But it would be tough to be a gm there with Dolan and that useless front office.