PDA

View Full Version : Drummond Thanks Howard for Dominating him

5ass
12-22-2013, 05:18 PM
“I thanked him. I told him thank you for teaching me something,” Drummond said. “It was my first time playing him, it was definitely a learning experience for me.”
- See more at: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/andre-drummond-thanks-dwight-howard-for-dominating-him-281416.html#sthash.ZCD4hQhA.dpuf

I Love it.

5ass
12-22-2013, 05:19 PM
This is the type of attitude every player should have.

Hawkeye15
12-22-2013, 05:22 PM
I thought Drummond was going to be a pretty active, athletic big when he was drafted, but the way he conducts himself and adds to his game is leaking out to becoming a total beast in the next 2 years.

Giannis94
12-22-2013, 05:22 PM
Hes extremely young, and I myself never thought he would progress this fast.

bloomis1307
12-22-2013, 05:30 PM
I love the guy. With this attitude he'll only get better.

RipCity32
12-22-2013, 05:52 PM
He didn't really know how to react to Howard just backing him down like that. Drummond shares a lot of the same physical traits as Howard but you could tell who had more experience last night. Good to see him show a good attitude towards it though.

mjt20mik
12-22-2013, 05:56 PM
Cannot wait to see him in a couple of years. I think he and Val will be the best bigs in this league for a long time.

TrueFan420
12-22-2013, 06:16 PM
Cannot wait to see him in a couple of years. I think he and Val will be the best bigs in this league for a long time.

Seriously val? He's averaging 10 and 8 with no assists and shooting under 50%.

nba_4_life
12-22-2013, 06:51 PM

Val is averaging more assists than drummands, shoots 80% from the free throw line (as oppose to 37% for drummonds), also val is shooting 49% from the field which is not that bad. I don't know why you were surprised that the previous poster said both would be great centers in the league in a few years.

5ass
12-22-2013, 06:56 PM
oh man. can you stop mentioning val every time drummonds name comes up? We all know what comes of it, unfortunately this is PSD. Stay on topic.

xxplayerxx23
12-22-2013, 06:58 PM
Val is average

John Walls Era
12-22-2013, 06:59 PM

Cuz of Rudy Gay who jacks up every shot. Now is when it really counts.

John Walls Era
12-22-2013, 07:00 PM
Why does he want to learn from Dwight? Does he want to become a future loser with no post moves and bad ft shooting? I mean he has the ft shooting down, but I thought he would at least learn to score in the post and want to win.

b@llhog24
12-22-2013, 07:01 PM
It's kinda funny cause if iirc, he was touted as having attitude problems coming in the daft.

5ass
12-22-2013, 07:02 PM
How about 35-19-5 from Howard? I bet Lakers fans no longer think he's overpaid. He's showing that he's still the best big man in the league quite easily. His offensive game is getting better and better. FT% is up.

John Walls Era
12-22-2013, 07:12 PM
How about 35-19-5 from Howard? I bet Lakers fans no longer think he's overpaid. He's showing that he's still the best big man in the league quite easily. His offensive game is getting better and better. FT% is up.

against a tired Piston's team and a starstruck Drummond.

R. Johnson#3
12-22-2013, 07:21 PM
Drummond has progressed at a level faster than any of us ever could imagine. He's a freak. If he can develop some post moves and get his FT% up, then he will be the best big man in the league.

koreancabbage
12-22-2013, 07:21 PM
against a tired Piston's team and a starstruck Drummond.

LOL so if Love puts up those numbers, he gets praised. Thats pretty hard to do as any player. give him credit where credit is due. Drummond and Monroe is one of the best front tandems in the NBA and Dwight went off on them. Dwight cementing himself as the best center in the NBA.

or maybe he needed to get out of the circus which is LA Lakers. not everyone can stay sane in the bright lights of a storied franchise.

John Walls Era
12-22-2013, 07:41 PM
LOL so if Love puts up those numbers, he gets praised. Thats pretty hard to do as any player. give him credit where credit is due. Drummond and Monroe is one of the best front tandems in the NBA and Dwight went off on them. Dwight cementing himself as the best center in the NBA.

or maybe he needed to get out of the circus which is LA Lakers. not everyone can stay sane in the bright lights of a storied franchise.

I don't like Love either, but he gets stats consistently. Dwight is so inconsistent.

5ass
12-22-2013, 07:42 PM

Not to mention he schooled hibbert a couple days ago too. This poster just straight up hates dwight. Its always the same **** with him. He cant even back up his ****.

5ass
12-22-2013, 07:44 PM
I don't like Love either, but he gets stats consistently. Dwight is so inconsistent.

Hes been the best and most consistent player on the rox this season. Has houston at 3rd in off eff and 9th in def eff (huge improvement from last year). And noone is saying you should like dwight, but stop being so bitter and give credit where its due.

John Walls Era
12-22-2013, 07:46 PM
Hes been the best and most consistent player on the rox this season. Has houston at 3rd in off eff and 9th in def eff (huge improvement from last year). And noone is saying you should like dwight, but stop being so bitter and give credit where its due.

Dwight hasn't been consistent at all.

I give DWight so much credit. I don't think he deserves any of it tbh with you.

5ass
12-22-2013, 07:51 PM

20-15-2-2 in 36 mpg? He is consistent. He just doesnt force things as much as he could. You dont give him credit at all, in fact any thread that mentions howard you directly see as a place to trash the guy. Dont ********

Im not saying the guy dominates every game, but no one does that.

Asik's better
12-22-2013, 07:54 PM

Please we all know your only here to hate on Howard and the rockets. We all see you post before each rockets game that howard sucks and their going to get smashed. Then you magically disappear after Howard shuts you up. You just a dumb troll who hates on Howard for no reason. Stop trying derail every thread with your nonsense.

D-Leethal
12-22-2013, 08:01 PM

I think its been like 15 and 11 since Gay and his 30 shots left.

D-Leethal
12-22-2013, 08:01 PM
He has the potential to be a two way dominant force and a top 3 C in this league one day.

astrosmaniac
12-22-2013, 08:03 PM
As he has become more comfortable with his teammates (and them with him) he has gotten more consistent. In December he's averaging 21/14.5/2 blocks on 60% from the field and 60% from the line. People really underestimate how much a good entry pass impacts a big's offensive game. The rest of team were HORRIBLE at that early in the season cause most have never played with a big like dwight. Now they are consistently getting him the ball deeper in the post in good position

kobe4thewinbang
12-22-2013, 08:07 PM
LOL

Howard sucks. If you're thanking that guy, Drummond must suck even more.

kobe4thewinbang
12-22-2013, 08:08 PM
Why does he want to learn from Dwight? Does he want to become a future loser with no post moves and bad ft shooting? I mean he has the ft shooting down, but I thought he would at least learn to score in the post and want to win.+1000

John Walls Era
12-22-2013, 08:14 PM
20-15-2-2 in 36 mpg? He is consistent. He just doesnt force things as much as he could. You dont give him credit at all, in fact any thread that mentions howard you directly see as a place to trash the guy. Dont ********

1) Per stats are BS
2) Don't round up
3) I give credit where its due, its not due.

MrfadeawayJB
12-22-2013, 08:19 PM
I think eventually Drummond will be at Howard's level, if not better

mjt20mik
12-22-2013, 08:23 PM
I think eventually Drummond will be at Howard's level, if not better

Better.

Howard is just an athletic freak. He really hasn't progressed in anyways offensively in the last 3-4 years. His attitude in addition to that is piss poor.

PurpleLynch
12-22-2013, 08:24 PM
That's a good attitude,props for Drummond. Hope he'll get better in 2 years with his FT and his post moves. Could be better than Howard maybe.

5ass
12-22-2013, 08:31 PM
1) Per stats are BS
2) Don't round up
3) I give credit where its due, its not due.

1) lol how are they useless? Theyre a measure of how his stats would look like if he played 36 minutes. Hes not playing 10 mpg, hes playing almost 34.
2) fine 19.6-14-2.1-1.9 happy?

Raps18-19 Champ
12-22-2013, 09:12 PM
Drummond will be better than Howard no doubt.

ACanadian
12-22-2013, 09:28 PM
Drummond's a clown, can't make a damn freethrow.

Bruno
12-22-2013, 09:29 PM
how about dwight stepping up and playing big without Harden? if he can be this guy in the post season houston has something. remains to be seen.

5ass
12-22-2013, 10:38 PM
andre will never be as good as howard if he doesnt raise his ft%. I love drummond and think his ceiling is higher than Howard's. Im rooting for him to be one of the best centers of all time, but he has to hit more of his fts. 37% is beyond pathetic. I really do think Drummond can be an all time great. Thats how skilled he is.

WES KOAST
12-22-2013, 10:44 PM
Drummond got weak legs cuz that lil white piece of ***. she must be walking around like she got ****ed by a horse

JerseyPalahniuk
12-23-2013, 12:02 AM
how about dwight stepping up and playing big without Harden? if he can be this guy in the post season houston has something. remains to be seen.

Harden didn't play in that game.

mjt20mik
12-23-2013, 12:06 AM
Drummond got weak legs cuz that lil white piece of ***. she must be walking around like she got ****ed by a horse

LMAO.. she looks like a kid compared to him

TrueFan420
12-23-2013, 12:07 AM
LOL

Butt hurt still? Lakers messed up from a basketball perspective they should have taken Dwight over Kobe plain and simple from a loyalty perspective they made the right choice but it will set back their eventual rebuild and will remain in limbo till Kobe retires.

goku
12-23-2013, 01:16 AM
looking the Lakers current make up and the decline of kobe with injuries howard made the best choice going to the Rockets

FriedTofuz
12-23-2013, 01:21 AM
Every Thread that contains the word " Drummond" will always have some clown bringing up Jonas Valancuinas. It's ****ing annoying, please stop embarressing yourselves and other raptor fans :facepalm:
Val has not been remotely close to as a talented as drummond, and to whoever said Drummond will be better than howard, you're also a clown because you dont watch drummond play, his offensive game is still very very limited, and his FT is poor. He wont be better than howard, but he'll give you some very nice all star center stats.

GunFactor187
12-23-2013, 02:44 AM
Some of the posts in this thread... smh... :pity:

FlashBolt
12-23-2013, 02:46 AM

Except lebron..

John Walls Era
12-23-2013, 03:06 AM
1) lol how are they useless? Theyre a measure of how his stats would look like if he played 36 minutes. Hes not playing 10 mpg, hes playing almost 34.
2) fine 19.6-14-2.1-1.9 happy?

Per stats are crap cuz some players can't play that long. 2 more minutes for Dwight is like 10 more shots at the FT line cuz he'll get hacked on every second of those 2 minutes.

Greg.
12-23-2013, 03:08 AM
Per stats are crap cuz some players can't play that long. 2 more minutes for Dwight is like 10 more shots at the FT line cuz he'll get hacked on every second of those 2 minutes.

so 25.2-14-2.1-1.9

sunsfan88
12-23-2013, 03:25 AM
Why does he want to learn from Dwight? Does he want to become a future loser with no post moves and bad ft shooting? I mean he has the ft shooting down, but I thought he would at least learn to score in the post and want to win.
Did Dwight ***k your mom?

I searched and went through all your posts and anytime you talk about Dwight, it's been you bashing him through complete nonsense. Dwight isn't hard to bash but you don't even bash him for the right reasons.

Please we all know your only here to hate on Howard and the rockets. We all see you post before each rockets game that howard sucks and their going to get smashed. Then you magically disappear after Howard shuts you up. You just a dumb troll who hates on Howard for no reason. Stop trying derail every thread with your nonsense.
^this. It's getting annoying.

John Walls Era
12-23-2013, 03:29 AM
Did Dwight ***k your mom?

I searched and went through all your posts and anytime you talk about Dwight, it's been you bashing him through complete nonsense. Dwight isn't hard to bash but you don't even bash him for the right reasons.

^this. It's getting annoying.

I hate how blind you people are. This is pathetic. I'm judging him on high standards. Hes suppose to be the BEST CENTER in the league. In a league where theres like 10 real Cs, I gotta be harsh. But you obviously didn't go through all of my posts because I praised him 3 times during the Warriors game (the one at Houston). So please stop making up crap and stop being blind. I'm just truth telling. I also praised him for yesterdays game vs. the tired Pistons.

N/A
12-23-2013, 03:53 AM

This is the last year that this is true. Next year, Anthony Davis will hold the title of best big man in the league.

5ass
12-23-2013, 04:52 AM
I hate how blind you people are. This is pathetic. I'm judging him on high standards. Hes suppose to be the BEST CENTER in the league. In a league where theres like 10 real Cs, I gotta be harsh. But you obviously didn't go through all of my posts because I praised him 3 times during the Warriors game (the one at Houston). So please stop making up crap and stop being blind. I'm just truth telling. I also praised him for yesterdays game vs. the tired Pistons.

There are a lot of good defensive centers in this league. So you're still wrong.

5ass
12-23-2013, 04:56 AM
This is the last year that this is true. Next year, Anthony Davis will hold the title of best big man in the league.

I should've said center. Not big man. PFs not included. As a center, I dont think Davis will be better than Howard next year. As a PF/C and player, maybe. Id like to see how Davis plays D on Howard first.

Chronz
12-23-2013, 05:08 AM

Most players can, in fact studies have shown that players tend to play better with more minutes and we aren't extrapolating all that much here. The only thing thats crap here is your statistical projections. If you had any common sense you would know that Dwight shooting 58% from the line is actually more efficient than your average NBA possession. In other words, you're just making his case stronger.

John Walls Era
12-23-2013, 06:07 AM
Most players can, in fact studies have shown that players tend to play better with more minutes and we aren't extrapolating all that much here. The only thing thats crap here is your statistical projections. If you had any common sense you would know that Dwight shooting 58% from the line is actually more efficient than your average NBA possession. In other words, you're just making his case stronger.

Check his 4th Q FT%.

Speaking of crap, when we are talking about Tmac, then you may speak.

PurpleLynch
12-23-2013, 08:09 AM
Drummond's a clown, can't make a damn freethrow.

So,is he a clown just because he can't shot freethrows? Man,bet you didn't see him play at all. Also,I recall you as a Drummond's basher and Valanciunas fan boy. So your bias is over 9000.

PS:if you want to be a serious Anon,delete all the **** you have on your profile and sig,there's no need to show off that.

Swashcuff
12-23-2013, 09:00 AM

It seems like any thread I go in there you are hating on one player or another.

b@llhog24
12-23-2013, 01:05 PM

Then it's kind of hard to take your opinion seriously on them.

Isn't that what he's saying?

This.

2-ONE-5
12-23-2013, 01:34 PM
LOL

lol this coming from a later/celtic fan really?

John Walls Era
12-23-2013, 02:15 PM
It seems like any thread I go in there you are hating on one player or another.

Truth telling... I only criticize 2 players because they have been put on a pedastool: Dwight and Rubio. But tbf to Dwight, hes levels above Rubio. Rubio just plain sucks (which I also predicted). Dwight is a legit top center, hes just inconsistent.

Then it's kind of hard to take your opinion seriously on them.

I don't know Love. Never talked to him. Hes a good player though, maybe not best PF, but top PF.

Chronz
12-23-2013, 02:26 PM
Check his 4th Q FT%.
Check volatility of small samples and Dwight's ppp overall. Added to the fact that free throws allow your teams defense to set up shop on the other end. You should then begin to understand common sense ... hopefully.

Speaking of crap, when we are talking about Tmac, then you may speak.
No thanks, Ill call out BS in any form whenever I wish. Per minute/per possession metrics are vital to todays statistical analysis, Ill take the words of actual statisticians and GM's over the hater any day.

Chronz
12-23-2013, 02:31 PM
Nice attempt to make this about Tmac tho. Totally doesn't undermine what you were saying at all.

I get that you dont like Dwight and have weird standards, I only wonder if you only consider context against him and his team the way you do when his team is playing a "tired" team.

John Walls Era
12-23-2013, 02:39 PM
No thanks, Ill call out BS in any form whenever I wish. Per minute/per possession metrics are vital to todays statistical analysis, Ill take the words of actual statisticians and GM's over the hater any day.

I'm sure GMs look at Per stats. But I bet they won't treat it like they're god stats. Morey uses video games too, does that mean we should use it as discussion? Its their job, they use w/e it takes.

Get off your low horse.

Chronz
12-23-2013, 02:47 PM
I'm sure GMs look at Per stats. But I bet they won't treat it like they're god stats. Morey uses video games too, does that mean we should use it as discussion? Its their job, they use w/e it takes.

Get off your low horse.
They treat them with an equal if not higher level of importance than per game rates so spare me your strawman argument, again, in this case we aren't extrapolating all that much. And yes you should use any form of objective analysis to back what you think you're seeing, does a whole lot more than attempting to take the discussion off topic or by spewing ignorance. You dont need to work for the NBA to apply their methodologies.

Like what exactly was I suppose to discover when looking at Dwights 4th quarter rate? Hes still shooting at a higher level than most NBA offenses score overall, and again, small samples aren't very telling, like when Dwight shot free throws at a higher rate in the 4th than any other quarter at one point in Orlando. Doesn't that just sound random?

ACanadian
12-23-2013, 03:07 PM
That's not necessary, MonroeFAN.

RipCity32
12-23-2013, 03:18 PM
Wow, wow where's the mod?
That's not necessary.

You're right you were trying to troll and bait.

fredv
12-23-2013, 03:45 PM
Dwight has been ballin. Just check out his stats for December.

He is finally getting into a rythme. Not only that, but he has showed an array of new post moves.

McHale, Hakeem and... Dawson (said to be his mentor in Houston) have really helped. Hopefully he can continue and be a threat down low for the playoffs.

ACanadian
12-23-2013, 03:56 PM
You're right you were trying to troll and bait.

Now, why would I be doing that? I'm just tying to express my thoughts on different players with statistical facts. The fact is, Drummond cannot make a damn free throw. Of course this is an exaggeration but it's the truth.

If this gentleman is calling me a ******, he's calling everyone else a ****** on this site.

Chronz
12-23-2013, 04:08 PM
Better.

Howard is just an athletic freak. He really hasn't progressed in anyways offensively in the last 3-4 years. His attitude in addition to that is piss poor.

What are you basing this on?

RipCity32
12-23-2013, 04:21 PM
Now, why would I be doing that? I'm just tying to express my thoughts on different players with statistical facts. The fact is, Drummond cannot make a damn free throw. Of course this is an exaggeration but it's the truth.

If this gentleman is calling me a ******, he's calling everyone else a ****** on this site.

Because your a sour JVal fanboy that tries to troll any thread with Drummond in it. Obviously his FTs suck and everyone already knows it but calling him a clown to bait Pistons fans is just dumb at this point. By the way let TMath know we've missed him in the Pistons forum lol.

ACanadian
12-23-2013, 04:26 PM
Because your a sour JVal fanboy that tries to troll any thread with Drummond in it. Obviously his FTs suck and everyone already knows it but calling him a clown to bait Pistons fans is just dumb at this point.

Where did I ever mention Jonas Valanciunas in my statistical fact? I'm not comparing the two, I'm just pointing out a statistical fact that he can't make a damn freethrow.

I believe it's my duty to point this out every Drummond or Jonas Valanciunas thread so people can understand that Drummond is not that good of a player. No need to flame/bait me every time I point this out.

RipCity32
12-23-2013, 04:35 PM
Where did I ever mention Jonas Valanciunas in my statistical fact? I'm not comparing the two, I'm just pointing out a statistical fact that he can't make a damn freethrow.

I believe it's my duty to point this out every Drummond or Jonas Valanciunas thread so people can understand that Drummond is not that good of a player. No need to flame/bait me every time I point this out.

What statistical evidence did you come up with to justify that he is a clown? His poor ft% that everyone already knows about. It's a flaw that he needs to fix but it hardly makes him a clown. I can show you enough statistical evidence to show you he's not a clown if you can't find it yourself.

ACanadian
12-23-2013, 04:51 PM
What statistical evidence did you come up with to justify that he is a clown? His poor ft% that everyone already knows about. It's a flaw that he needs to fix but it hardly makes him a clown. I can show you enough statistical evidence to show you he's not a clown if you can't find it yourself.

37% from FT. He's a walking, talking joke with that freethrow percentage.

RipCity32
12-23-2013, 04:57 PM
37% from FT. He's a walking, talking joke with that freethrow percentage.

His ft% is a joke you are correct. If you think he sucks because of it then that's your opinion and if that's what it takes for you to feel better about Ross then thats all that really matters.Have a good day

kylem4711
12-23-2013, 05:09 PM
extremely cool to see players like this

ACanadian
12-23-2013, 05:14 PM
His ft% is a joke you are correct. If you think he sucks because of it then that's your opinion and if that's what it takes for you to feel better about Ross then thats all that really matters.Have a good day

Terrence Ross is shooting 80% from the FT line this season, lol. Classic Drummond supporter, no statistical facts to support him.

Bruno
12-23-2013, 06:35 PM

i know.

John Walls Era
12-23-2013, 09:09 PM
They treat them with an equal if not higher level of importance than per game rates so spare me your strawman argument, again, in this case we aren't extrapolating all that much. And yes you should use any form of objective analysis to back what you think you're seeing, does a whole lot more than attempting to take the discussion off topic or by spewing ignorance. You dont need to work for the NBA to apply their methodologies.

Like what exactly was I suppose to discover when looking at Dwights 4th quarter rate? Hes still shooting at a higher level than most NBA offenses score overall, and again, small samples aren't very telling, like when Dwight shot free throws at a higher rate in the 4th than any other quarter at one point in Orlando. Doesn't that just sound random?

I'll give you more credit if you give me advanced stats to determine winning results and can make me money...

FOBolous
12-23-2013, 09:38 PM

Harden wasn't playing in that Detroit game. Harden was injured.

Ebbs
12-23-2013, 09:40 PM
Lol at the butt hurt Toronto fans who somehow made this about Val.

Anyways I said Drummond would be better than Davis when they were drafted. I don't know if he will be but he will be a beast.

John Walls Era
12-23-2013, 09:49 PM
lol at the butt hurt toronto fans who somehow made this about val.

anyways i said drummond would be better than davis when they were drafted. I don't know if he will be but he will be a beast.

lolololol

Ebbs
12-23-2013, 09:53 PM
lolololol

It's not impossible. Also I could look up some quotes but most people were saying Drummond would be a bust which he clearly isn't.

John Walls Era
12-23-2013, 10:21 PM
It's not impossible. Also I could look up some quotes but most people were saying Drummond would be a bust which he clearly isn't.

Davis is a 2 way player. Davis is a beast. Drummond can be great, but Davis will be a superstar.

Deception
12-23-2013, 10:37 PM
Davis is a 2 way player. Davis is a beast. Drummond can be great, but Davis will be a superstar.

To say that Drummond can surpass Davis is no long shot. Davis is a better player but Drummond can improve

koreancabbage
12-23-2013, 10:58 PM
thats what a whore will say when the man is done with her.

#justsaying

koreancabbage
12-23-2013, 10:59 PM
To say that Drummond can surpass Davis is no long shot. Davis is a better player but Drummond can improve

thats pretty much underrating Davis.

Davis is a MUCH better player.

Sactown
12-24-2013, 12:51 AM

And Davis can't improve? Drummond is becoming one of the most overrated players in the league.

No doubt he is a great finisher, rebounder, and help defender..

But he needs to improve leaps and bounds with his post moves, free throw shooting, and post defense... He's far from a finished product, but being an extremely raw talent doesn't always translate to attaining great skill... look at Dwight Howard, he's spent plenty of time in the league and hasn't developed his game much at all...

FlashBolt
12-24-2013, 12:57 AM

And Davis can't improve? Drummond is becoming one of the most overrated players in the league.

But he needs to improve leaps and bounds with his post moves, free throw shooting, and post defense... He's far from a finished product, but being an extremely raw talent doesn't always translate to attaining great skill... look at Dwight Howard, he's spent plenty of time in the league and hasn't developed his game much at all...

Dude gets destroyed by howard and has the guys to admit that it was a lesson. Howard would never say that. Drummond is going to be special. He's not great at all aspects of the game but he will be if he has that attitude for his career.

5ass
12-24-2013, 12:58 AM

This is not true. there are plenty of other examples you could've used that would've been much better. Anyone who has watched Dwight since his rookie season knows how much he's improved. Anyway, Drummond is more talented than rookie dwight.

5ass
12-24-2013, 01:00 AM
Dude gets destroyed by howard and has the guys to admit that it was a lesson. Howard would never say that. Drummond is going to be special. He's not great at all aspects of the game but he will be if he has that attitude for his career.

Time for Drummond to be the first big man to put his ego aside and experiment with the underhanded fts?

Sactown
12-24-2013, 01:02 AM
This is not true. there are plenty of other examples you could've used that would've been much better. Anyone who has watched Dwight since his rookie season knows how much he's improved. Anyway, Drummond is more talented than rookie dwight.

Dwight was a much better post defender as a rookie than Drummond is now.. maybe I was wrong to say Dwight hasn't developed much, but his post game is still unsatisfactory as well as his free throw.. and yet again Drummond at this point is much more raw athleticism than skill.. Still has quite a ways to go to be considered the best big man in the league...

But like I was saying, Davis is miles ahead as far as basketball skills are concerned when being compared to Drummond...

RipCity32
12-24-2013, 01:06 AM

He's still raw at certain areas but he has been a fast learner so far so I think he will improve quite a bit still. Look at what he can do as a raw center and now imagine when he does develop even a reliable hook shot at the least. Even being raw he leads the east in double-doubles and I believe he has the second most in the entire league. He's far from a finished product still so his potential is very high. So I don't think Hes overrated but in fact deserves all the credit he gets at 20.

Sactown
12-24-2013, 01:08 AM
He's still raw at certain areas but he has been a fast learner so far so I think he will improve quite a bit still. Look at what he can do as a raw center and now imagine when he does develop even a reliable hook shot at the least. Even being raw he leads the east in double-doubles and I believe he has the second most in the entire league. He's far from a finished product still so his potential is very high. So I don't think Hes overrated but in fact deserves all the credit he gets at 20.

I've read multiple posts calling him the best center in the league... and a legit all-star.. he's neither of those currently, and yes he has the potential to achieve those heights, but until he gets there, it's just "What if"..

Like I said he has elite finishing and rebounding skills, he's definitely a 10 and 10 guy night in and night out, but he's not a player you can feed the ball to down low and get production, he gets his points from offensive rebounding and being force fed.

SouthSideRookie
12-24-2013, 01:10 AM
Dwight was a much better post defender as a rookie than Drummond is now.. maybe I was wrong to say Dwight hasn't developed much, but his post game is still unsatisfactory as well as his free throw.. and yet again Drummond at this point is much more raw athleticism than skill.. Still has quite a ways to go to be considered the best big man in the league...

But like I was saying, Davis is miles ahead as far as basketball skills are concerned when being compared to Drummond...

You obviously haven't been watching Dwight lately. He looks like a completely different player.

Sactown
12-24-2013, 01:15 AM
You obviously haven't been watching Dwight lately. He looks like a completely different player.
I was talking about Drummonds post defense? Howard is a great defender lol...

RipCity32
12-24-2013, 01:18 AM
I've read multiple posts calling him the best center in the league... and a legit all-star.. he's neither of those currently, and yes he has the potential to achieve those heights, but until he gets there, it's just "What if"..

Like I said he has elite finishing and rebounding skills, he's definitely a 10 and 10 guy night in and night out, but he's not a player you can feed the ball to down low and get production, he gets his points from offensive rebounding and being force fed.

He's definitely not the best center in the league but I think he deserves a all star spot in the east. As far as centers go You can make a case of being the best in the eastern conference this season. Even Hibberts numbers haven't been anything spectacular up to this point.

rocket
12-24-2013, 01:23 AM
Sactown you are correct we should expect Drummond to be a 40 20 player while shooting 95% from the ft line. He sucks. We can't go on a what if basis! The kids 20 lol....

Sactown
12-24-2013, 01:24 AM
He's definitely not the best center in the league but I think he deserves a all star spot in the east. As far as centers go You can make a case of being the best in the eastern conference. Even Hibberts numbers haven't been anything spectacular up to this point.

Maybe, but Hibbert is the anchor of one of the best defensive teams in the league, so I'd probably say he's a better player currently, but probably won't be for much longer

Also Al Horford deserves some mention here, #2 in scoring among centers and the best player on the #3 team in the east.

Chris Bosh still is up there as well as Noah..

Sactown
12-24-2013, 01:26 AM
Sactown you are correct we should expect Drummond to be a 40 20 player while shooting 95% from the ft line. He sucks. We can't go on a what if basis! The kids 20 lol....

Dude, I'm not saying he sucks or he's a bad player, I'm saying he's a great RAW talent currently... but everyone needs to stop assuming developing elite skills is an easy task to complete.. or everybody would have them.

I'm saying for Drummond to be an actual star in this league he needs to

develop an offensive post game
become a better individual defender (already good help defender)
needs to improve his free throw shooting..

Those aren't exactly easy things to do, but he's definitely got tons of potential...

spreadeagle
12-24-2013, 01:30 AM
I remember making the first thread about him on here when he was in HS and saying he would be the next great NBA big n ppl laughed, hes looked dope. Also remember the ecstatic feeling when he was still somehow on the board when my Raps were drafting....followed by me screaming Terrance who!!!???? lol Ross is putting it together though nice player actually

RipCity32
12-24-2013, 01:30 AM
Maybe, but Hibbert is the anchor of one of the best defensive teams in the league, so I'd probably say he's a better player currently, but probably won't be for much longer

Also Al Horford deserves some mention here, #2 in scoring among centers and the best player on the #3 team in the east.

Chris Bosh still is up there as well as Noah..

Drummond would look a lot better defensively if he was on the Pacers. They have the best defensive team while Pistons have one of the worst. Moose can't defend anything,Smith can't defend the perimeter for crap so far and Jennings is constantly getting burned by his guy forcing Drummond to usually get in foul trouble trying to hurry up and play help side defense on a guard. When the defense is collapsing from everywhere consistently Drummonds to young and inexperienced yet to anchor down the whole team.

Sactown
12-24-2013, 01:32 AM
Drummond would look a lot better defensively if he was on the Pacers. They have the best defensive team whil Pistons have one of the worst. Moose can't defend anything,Smith can't defend the perimeter for crap so far and Jennings is constantly getting burned by his guy forcing Drummond to usually get in foul trouble trying to hurry up and play help side defense on a guard. When the defense collapsing from everywhere consistently Drummonds to young and inexperienced yet to anchor down the whole team.

Drummond is a great help defender, but he isn't near the post defender Hibbert is... there's definitely an argument to be made, but I give the nod to Hibbert slightly.

Swashcuff
12-24-2013, 08:02 AM
It's a shame that the best C for the first 6 weeks or so will not even be part of the ASG. Brook Lopez should have been on the East All Star team before any other C in the East, then it's a toss up between Horford, Drummond Hibbert. Vuc also deserves some mention, I'd have him in there before Bosh and Noah tbh.

Also this idea that Jennings is causing Drummond to get into foul trouble is confusing, a good defender is capable of defending within the rules of the while staying out of trouble. Drummond will get there, he isn't there yet.

RipCity32
12-24-2013, 12:19 PM
It's a shame that the best C for the first 6 weeks or so will not even be part of the ASG. Brook Lopez should have been on the East All Star team before any other C in the East, then it's a toss up between Horford, Drummond Hibbert. Vuc also deserves some mention, I'd have him in there before Bosh and Noah tbh.

Also this idea that Jennings is causing Drummond to get into foul trouble is confusing, a good defender is capable of defending within the rules of the while staying out of trouble. Drummond will get there, he isn't there yet.

You don't watch the games so that's probably why it's confusing.

Swashcuff
12-24-2013, 12:48 PM
You don't watch the games so that's probably why it's confusing.

Shouldn't the same hold true for James Harden causing Dwight to get into foul trouble, Joe Johnson causing Brook to get into foul trouble, Raymond Felton causing Tyson Chandler to get into foul trouble. Oddly enough we don't hear anyone say this. These guys are superior into defenders with better instincts than a RAW Drummond. You learn these things the more time you spend in the league, how to read opposing offenses. When Drummond develops more on the defensive end Jennings can't let his man blow by him twice as much as he does now and Drummond wouldn't foul as much. Its not about watching the Pistons but rather understanding the game of basketball.

RipCity32
12-24-2013, 01:20 PM
Shouldn't the same hold true for James Harden causing Dwight to get into foul trouble, Joe Johnson causing Brook to get into foul trouble, Raymond Felton causing Tyson Chandler to get into foul trouble. Oddly enough we don't hear anyone say this. These guys are superior into defenders with better instincts than a RAW Drummond. You learn these things the more time you spend in the league, how to read opposing offenses. When Drummond develops more on the defensive end Jennings can't let his man blow by him twice as much as he does now and Drummond wouldn't foul as much. Its not about watching the Pistons but rather understanding the game of basketball.

True, I'm not saying its not all his fault but he tries to block everything. He's still to young to get the benefit of a no call most the time as well in a collision of players even when he does contest them most of the time. It's literally in our pre game game plan show every game that the guards need to stay in front of their man. He needs to learn when to just give up a basket instead of picking up early fouls to stop everything.