PDA

View Full Version : NBA Trade Predictions for the 2013-2014 trade deadline

mbsalame123
12-22-2013, 03:34 AM
So it has been awfully quiet after so many rumors going on about omer asik and kyle lowry as well as pau gasol and others for the past couple weeks. All of a sudden the rockets who were almost guaranteed to trade Omer Asik by now, decide to pull back from the offers.

So now we need something to keep us occupied while the nba season plays out with no new rumors.

What are your predictions? who gets traded? where? what teams add talent, what teams dump talent?

Lets give each other our opinions and realistic trade possibilities.

mbsalame123
12-22-2013, 03:44 AM
Here are my predictions:

The rockets are holding out Omer Asik from being traded because they might want to package him with Jeremy Lin and others for Rajon Rondo, however they're just waiting to see how Rondo plays and see if the celtics will be willing to do so... maybe that is why they engaged the celtics in trade talks and felt like while talking with the celtics, the celtics might be open to trading rondo based on how the convo went.

But at the end they will trade Omer Asik to the Hawks for Paul Milsapp in my opinion or to the Celtics as proposed before but for different players and in a possibly bigger trade involving jeff green and a 3rd team.

I see the lakers trading for a point guard (jeremy lin, kyle lowry, or jameer nelson), in the process they will trade chris kaman, a draft pick and one if not more of their back court players like steve blake, jodie meeks, xavier henry, or wesley johnson. They might even trade Steve Nash but I doubt anyone wants him.

The Knicks make a trade for someone too. They will try and package amare stoudamire in a trade for someone and eventually end up rebuilding and breaking things up by firing mike woodson, trading amare, shumpert, felton, jr smith, and maybe even tyson chandler.... we might see an out of nowhere trade of melo to a team like the clippers just like what happened a couple years ago when Deron Williams was surprisingly traded to the nets.

The sixers will trade thaddeus young and possibly evan turner too. The Nuggets trade andre miller and someone like kenneth faried, wilson chandler, or danilo gallinari.

The Thunder make a trade for a big man out of no where, possibly for marcin gortat or for Anderson Varejao. They trade Jeremy Lamb, Perry Jones, and Kendrick Perkins along with a draft pick for one of them.

The cavaliers make a trade for a back court player either at the shooting guard or small forward position or even both. They trade Dion Waiters, Tyler Zeller, Earl Clark, and draft picks in the process and trade Anderson Varejao as well. I see them getting Danny Granger or DeMar DeRozan.

The Grizzlies will make some sort of trade for some back court help and if when Marc Gasol comes back, the are still out of the playoff picture then Zach Randolph could get traded.

The bobcats will make a trade for someone to get them over the hump and become an official threat for the playoffs.

The Raptors and Kings keep trading (demar derozan, kyle lowry, jimmer fredette, jason thompson and more will get traded from both teams).

I feel like this will be a wild trade deadline since this summer will be filled with a ton of big name free agents, as well as have one of the deepest drafts we've seen in years so its either teams dump their salary and rebuild from scratch in order to have a good offseason or they trade for players to get them to the next level because they think they might be close to making the playoffs or competing out with the other top teams.

Look for one big trade that no expects to happen... I still think Melo gets traded somehow to the Clippers... maybe for Griffin?

Eagles710
12-22-2013, 04:02 AM
sixers trade everything besides MCW ... and have the 1st 2nd 3rd 4th and 6th picks in the nba draft :) ... I took the 6th and not the 5th cause im not greedy

Monta is beast
12-22-2013, 04:18 AM
I'd like to see the Warriors get either John Henson or Taj Gibson. If it's Henson i'd give up Barnes if they take Lee and give us Ridnour

jp611
12-22-2013, 04:20 AM
Harrison Barnes and David Lee for John Henson and Luke Ridnour?

Are you on crack?

ROY 2 MVP Braun
12-22-2013, 05:21 AM
I'd like to see the Warriors get either John Henson or Taj Gibson. If it's Henson i'd give up Barnes if they take Lee and give us Ridnour

Id pass on that to be honest. Rather see what we have with Giannas at the 3, n Henson is our future double double machine at pf

Monta is beast
12-22-2013, 05:29 AM
Harrison Barnes and David Lee for John Henson and Luke Ridnour?

Are you on crack?

Na just see potential and value defense

Monta is beast
12-22-2013, 05:30 AM
Hensons PER is about 21 and PER doesnt value defense to much. Dudes gona be anthony davis like

Monta is beast
12-22-2013, 05:58 AM

Monta is beast
12-22-2013, 06:09 AM
12.5 PPG - 8.0 RPG - 2.2 BPG - 1.8 APG - .527 FG% - 20.6 PER

And his game is still raw. I called Pekovic breaking out and even suggested the Warriors should trade Ellis for him before thr Bogut trade. Henson is a future superstar.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=n9y69y3

Warriors have gone after bargani twice over the last year, even offered Lee for Bargani. Knicks try a last ditch effort to keep Melo, and the Bucks get someone to build their franchise around (Henson is a project).

PG: Curry//Douglas//Iguodala
SG: Thompson//Korver//Bazemore
SF: Iguodala//Green//Korver
PF: Henson//Bargani//O'Neal
C: Bogut//Ezeli//O'Neal

Warriors flip Speights and Nedovic for Korver. Good luck getting a shot up in the paint (Bogut, Henson, Ezeli, O'Neal), with even better shooting (Curry, Thompson , Korver, Bargani). With very very good wing defense (Iggy, Thompson, Green, Bazemore).

jp611
12-22-2013, 07:12 AM
I'm sure the Hawks would be knocking doors down to trade their SG and best shooter for Mareese Speights and Nedovic :rolleyes:

mdm692
12-22-2013, 10:23 AM
Suns will be the team that make a big trade out of nowhere for either a star PF or SF.

jp611
12-22-2013, 10:24 AM
Suns will be the team that make a big trade out of nowhere for either a star PF or SF.

Okafor and a first for Deng :)

waveycrockett
12-22-2013, 10:31 AM
I eventually see Omer Asik becoming a Net. I feel like Billy King is a huge idiot and Morey will eventually abuse him.

Giannis94
12-22-2013, 10:47 AM

That SF could be Ersan Ilyasova- assuming he gets back from injury in matter of fact way.

Giannis94
12-22-2013, 10:49 AM
Speaking of trade deadline, is there going to be a mock trade deadline?

king4day
12-22-2013, 10:52 AM
I think Lowry and Asik are the only ones who get traded. Not a chance something as big as Melo for Griffin goes down (yes I have talked to both GM's and they said, "K4D....it's not happening") :).

BklynKnicks3
12-22-2013, 11:03 AM
Knicks trade amare using shumps contract, Melo retires a Knick, I think rondo does get traded

xxplayerxx23
12-22-2013, 11:21 AM
Knicks trade amare using shumps contract, Melo retires a Knick, I think rondo does get traded

Nobody takes amare

RipCity32
12-22-2013, 11:37 AM
Monroe gets traded

RipCity32
12-22-2013, 11:39 AM
Monroe,Stuckey,Bynum
For
Lamb,Jackson,Perkins

Don't know if that works on the trade machine or not.

Giannis94
12-22-2013, 12:04 PM
Nobody takes amare

Well, I mean you could deal Amare you'll just have to give up all your young assets ie: Hardaway and Shump. What really hurts is that you already dealt an unportected top 10 draft pick.

eternal slumber
12-22-2013, 12:57 PM
Lin and Asik for Nets Williams

Dade County
12-22-2013, 01:23 PM
Lin and Asik for Nets Williams

I would really like that... D Will in Houston or any perceived contending team; like the Pacers.

I think Melo, Asik & Rondo get moved.

Deception
12-22-2013, 03:26 PM
Monroe,Stuckey,Bynum
For
Lamb,Jackson,Perkins

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=klqd3o9

Had to add another contract, not sure if this solves our issues, we need a wing player like Harrison Barnes

GThawks
12-22-2013, 03:57 PM
Here are my predictions:

The rockets are holding out Omer Asik from being traded because they might want to package him with Jeremy Lin and others for Rajon Rondo, however they're just waiting to see how Rondo plays and see if the celtics will be willing to do so... maybe that is why they engaged the celtics in trade talks and felt like while talking with the celtics, the celtics might be open to trading rondo based on how the convo went.

But at the end they will trade Omer Asik to the Hawks for Paul Milsapp in my opinion or to the Celtics as proposed before but for different players and in a possibly bigger trade involving jeff green and a 3rd team.

I see the lakers trading for a point guard (jeremy lin, kyle lowry, or jameer nelson), in the process they will trade chris kaman, a draft pick and one if not more of their back court players like steve blake, jodie meeks, xavier henry, or wesley johnson. They might even trade Steve Nash but I doubt anyone wants him.

The Knicks make a trade for someone too. They will try and package amare stoudamire in a trade for someone and eventually end up rebuilding and breaking things up by firing mike woodson, trading amare, shumpert, felton, jr smith, and maybe even tyson chandler.... we might see an out of nowhere trade of melo to a team like the clippers just like what happened a couple years ago when Deron Williams was surprisingly traded to the nets.

The sixers will trade thaddeus young and possibly evan turner too. The Nuggets trade andre miller and someone like kenneth faried, wilson chandler, or danilo gallinari.

The Thunder make a trade for a big man out of no where, possibly for marcin gortat or for Anderson Varejao. They trade Jeremy Lamb, Perry Jones, and Kendrick Perkins along with a draft pick for one of them.

The cavaliers make a trade for a back court player either at the shooting guard or small forward position or even both. They trade Dion Waiters, Tyler Zeller, Earl Clark, and draft picks in the process and trade Anderson Varejao as well. I see them getting Danny Granger or DeMar DeRozan.

The Grizzlies will make some sort of trade for some back court help and if when Marc Gasol comes back, the are still out of the playoff picture then Zach Randolph could get traded.

The bobcats will make a trade for someone to get them over the hump and become an official threat for the playoffs.

The Raptors and Kings keep trading (demar derozan, kyle lowry, jimmer fredette, jason thompson and more will get traded from both teams).

I feel like this will be a wild trade deadline since this summer will be filled with a ton of big name free agents, as well as have one of the deepest drafts we've seen in years so its either teams dump their salary and rebuild from scratch in order to have a good offseason or they trade for players to get them to the next level because they think they might be close to making the playoffs or competing out with the other top teams.

Look for one big trade that no expects to happen... I still think Melo gets traded somehow to the Clippers... maybe for Griffin?

Hawks will not trade Millsap for Asik. Millsap>>>>>Asik

Red_Pill
12-22-2013, 04:06 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=klqd3o9

Had to add another contract, not sure if this solves our issues, we need a wing player like Harrison Barnes

As a Thunder fan, I would LOVE to get rid of Perkins, and have Monroe, but I don't want to give up Jackson and Lamb. Disrupting the chemistry the team has built wouldn't be wise.

todu82
12-22-2013, 04:10 PM
I think Asik and Monroe get traded.

shep33
12-22-2013, 04:15 PM
Granger + future pick for Lowry

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
12-22-2013, 04:33 PM
Afflalo, baby Davis and maybe Nelson get traded

SugeKnight
12-22-2013, 05:00 PM
Gsw out: Harrison Barnes, David Lee
Gsw in: Al Horford

Curry/Douglas
Thompson/Bazemore
Iggy/Green
Horford/Speights
Bogut/Oneal/Ezeli

Houston out: Asik
Houston in: Milsap

Beverly/Lin/Brooks
Harden
Parsons/Casspi
Milsap/Jones
Howard/Dmo

Atl out:Horford, Milsap
Atl in: Asik, Lee, Barnes

Teague
Korver
Barnes
Lee
Asik

xxplayerxx23
12-22-2013, 06:48 PM
Don't think Atlanta does that

xxplayerxx23
12-22-2013, 06:50 PM
Well, I mean you could deal Amare you'll just have to give up all your young assets ie: Hardaway and Shump. What really hurts is that you already dealt an unportected top 10 draft pick.

Considering were less then 30 games in id bet it isn't a Lotto pick. Knicks would give up shump which I wouldn't like.

2-ONE-5
12-23-2013, 04:45 PM
Turner will be traded, so will Hawes they are both expirings and have good value to contending teams. Thad will prob get dealt too and is also another fit on a contender probably off the bench and since the trade talk came up he has been lights out for us.

If OKC wasnt worried about the lux tax some kind of deal involving Reggie Jackson and Monroe would seem perfect for both sides. But Monroe is going to get paid as an RFA and im not sure OKC gives up Jackson for a rental

EL_MACHETE
12-23-2013, 06:13 PM
Even tho I have mad respect for Serge Ibaka, I would Love to see him get traded for Kevin Love

mbsalame123
12-24-2013, 11:54 PM
12.5 PPG - 8.0 RPG - 2.2 BPG - 1.8 APG - .527 FG% - 20.6 PER

And his game is still raw. I called Pekovic breaking out and even suggested the Warriors should trade Ellis for him before thr Bogut trade. Henson is a future superstar.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=n9y69y3

Warriors have gone after bargani twice over the last year, even offered Lee for Bargani. Knicks try a last ditch effort to keep Melo, and the Bucks get someone to build their franchise around (Henson is a project).

PG: Curry//Douglas//Iguodala
SG: Thompson//Korver//Bazemore
SF: Iguodala//Green//Korver
PF: Henson//Bargani//O'Neal
C: Bogut//Ezeli//O'Neal

Warriors flip Speights and Nedovic for Korver. Good luck getting a shot up in the paint (Bogut, Henson, Ezeli, O'Neal), with even better shooting (Curry, Thompson , Korver, Bargani). With very very good wing defense (Iggy, Thompson, Green, Bazemore).

Sorry but I don't think the warriors would be dumb enough to pull off a trade like this. I see them looking for another big man and another point guard. I could see a trade involving the Raptors and Warriors that sends Kyle Lowry and Pattrick Patterson or Tyler Hansbrough to the Warriors for the trade exception, draft picks, and possibly harrison barnes. But I think they ultimately try and deal david lee for a forward and point guard and then start running lineups with barnes at the 4 most time. The warriors will definitely make a deal for some bench help but I don't think they trade any of their significant 6 man rotation players (curry, lee, thompson, iggy, bogut, and barnes). They have trade exceptions, draft picks and other players like Mareese Speights, Nedovic, Draymond Green and Festuts Ezeli.

mbsalame123
12-24-2013, 11:57 PM

I think the suns are playing at a magnificent level that not even they thought they can do so they might as well try and make a run at the playoffs and i see them making a big trade as well.

I see them trying to get rid of Goran Dragic along with Alex Len and draft picks along with other players like Gerald Green and possibly one of the Morris twins for some player that can help them out like Demar Derozan, or a big man like Greg Monroe. The Kings show interest in Dragic is the last thing I read so I can see the kings trading marcus thornton along with jason thompson to the suns for goran dragic and another player or draft pick.

mbsalame123
12-25-2013, 12:00 AM
I eventually see Omer Asik becoming a Net. I feel like Billy King is a huge idiot and Morey will eventually abuse him.

I could see that happening too however the nets don't have the assets to get the rockets to do something. All they have is Mirza Teletokovic, Tornike Shengalia, Tyshawn Taylor and Andray Blatche. No draft picks and an old hall of famer in Paul Pierce. If they decide to get rid of Williams then the Rockets might bite on a deal, just as mentioned earlier... deron williams for omer asik and jeremy lin... that could shake things up for both sides.

The nets get a replacement for both lopez and lin and get them a change in scenary for the team to possibly bolster them and make a run.

the rockets get a washed up all star point guard that would fit well with howard and harden and possibly with the right fit, get the rockets to another level, becoming championship contenders.

mbsalame123
12-25-2013, 12:02 AM
Monroe,Stuckey,Bynum
For
Lamb,Jackson,Perkins

I think greg monroe ends up getting traded however I don't think to the thunder. I could see a derozan for monroe trade or I can see a monroe to the spurs trade that brings back danny green and possibly cory joseph to the spurs. There were talks last year that the spurs were interested and I can see the spurs falling for a deal for monroe if things work out well.. possibly even taking back rodney stuckey and his contract.

As far as the thunder goes, I think they will pull off a trade for a big man like anderson varejao or even marcin gortat... trading kendrick perkins, perry jones, and jeremy lamb along with a draft pick.

mbsalame123
12-25-2013, 12:07 AM

I see the knicks and nets making deals to try and get them out of the lower end of the eastern conference. I see them packaging amare and shumpert in a trade to the celtics for wallace and humphries along with jordan crawford or possibly to another team for some assets, maybe to the nuggets... but I doubt the nuggets are that dumb.

I see the knicks trying to trade all of its assets and if no one bites and things remain the same/get worse in new york, then they will consider trading melo away before he leaves them in the offseason.

The nets will try and add more assets, but eventually I think they will trade one of the big 4 of williams, pierce, johnson, and kg. I think pierce might be the odd man out since they have kirilenko and anderson who have both been outplaying him lately.

Might a gasol for pierce trade work or make it a 3 way where gasol then heads over to another team like the nets for boozer or deng? We will see, but expect the nets and knicks to be very active teams

mbsalame123
12-25-2013, 12:09 AM
Afflalo, baby Davis and maybe Nelson get traded

if I am the magic then I trade afflolo while his value is at an all time high. possibly package him with nelson and/or davis for someone like a kyle lowry and then tyler hansbrough, but afflolo can get them some good assets right now, like a greg monroe.

mbsalame123
12-25-2013, 12:12 AM
Turner will be traded, so will Hawes they are both expirings and have good value to contending teams. Thad will prob get dealt too and is also another fit on a contender probably off the bench and since the trade talk came up he has been lights out for us.

If OKC wasnt worried about the lux tax some kind of deal involving Reggie Jackson and Monroe would seem perfect for both sides. But Monroe is going to get paid as an RFA and im not sure OKC gives up Jackson for a rental

The sixers will trade turner or hawes along with thaddeus young. I think asik for young will happen with asik and possibly evan turner then heading to a third team like the celtics for jeff green, brandon bass, and other assets. or I can see a 3 way that sends asik to the celtics, young to the rockets, and several assets like bass, a draft pick, lee and montiejunas to the sixers.

I think the thunder do make a small trade for another big man and will only trade lamb, perry jones, a draft pick and perkins... possibly for gortat, like I said earlier