PDA

View Full Version : The NBA needs to redo the X-Mas Games this year

JordansBulls
12-21-2013, 04:06 PM
At first they looked good, but now they will be atrocious. Brooklyn and Chicago needs to be canceled and replaced by something like Indiana and Portland. Miami and LA needs to be replaced by Miami and OKC. Houston and SA is ok. Those are really the only games you need to see. Back in the day there were only 2 games on Xmas anyway. No need for 5 games when only one of them will be highly competitive among good teams.

kdspurman
12-21-2013, 04:14 PM
Way too late for that.. Guess all we can hope for is they turn out to be entertaining. I could see them all being entertaining except Miami/LA. Even when Lakers were healthy and they played it seemed to always be a blowout in Miami's favor.

houstonfan
12-21-2013, 04:22 PM
I will for sure watch Clips-Warriors, Rockets-Spurs, Melo-Durant, Heat-Kobeless Lakers... but no go on the Bulls-Nets. That game is gonna be boring.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-21-2013, 04:24 PM
:facepalm:

shep33
12-21-2013, 04:24 PM
Yeah we suck on Christmas

P&GRealist
12-21-2013, 04:34 PM
I'm actually looking forward to the Lakers young guns giving the 2 x defending champions a run for their money. Who knows, with the aura that is the Christmas miracle and support from a rocking Staples Center on that night, the Kobe-less Lakers may just be able to pull off the upset.

P&GRealist
12-21-2013, 04:35 PM
Yeah we suck on Christmas

The Lakers won last yr against the Knicks. Won in 2008 against the Celtics and 2007 against the D'Antoni/Nash Suns. They're not the greatest on that day, but certainly not the worst. Not sure where you're getting that from.

JerseyPalahniuk
12-21-2013, 04:52 PM
At first they looked good, but now they will be atrocious. Brooklyn and Chicago needs to be canceled and replaced by something like Indiana and Portland. Miami and LA needs to be replaced by Miami and OKC. Houston and SA is ok. Those are really the only games you need to see. Back in the day there were only 2 games on Xmas anyway. No need for 5 games when only one of them will be highly competitive among good teams.

lol. its not that easy.

John Walls Era
12-21-2013, 05:55 PM
Yeah reorganize the entire NBA schedule for Christmas... go eat you food and open your presents if you don't wanna watch. Its idiotic for the NBA to ruin every teams schedule. It basically kills all the tickets that fans already bought [and for many other teams too when they reorganize all the matchups]. This is one of the dumbest ideas ever.

Lakers + Giants
12-21-2013, 06:29 PM
I actually want to see how our rejects play vs Miami :shrug:

TheNumber37
12-21-2013, 06:32 PM
They HAVE to schedule the games before the season starts...Contracts have been signed.

IKnowHoops
12-21-2013, 06:38 PM

I agree, I didn't even see the Christmas games. I just expected it would have Miami vs OKC on it. Two best players 3years running, seems like a no brainer. Miami LA is cool with a 100% Kobe, but at its current state, this is probably the worst Christmas matchup Ive seen in my lifetime.

They can't make changes at this stage of the game, but I'm just mad at the initial matchup. OKC vs Miami is an event because of Durant and Lebron. That is b-ball at its best. LA vs MIA is a spectacle in comparison with a healthy Kobe. Now its nothing more than passed gas.

sunsfan88
12-21-2013, 07:10 PM
I don't think it's fair to Lakers players that they have to get blown out and abused by the Heat on Christmas Day.

Seems pretty cruel.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-21-2013, 07:11 PM
Hey, if the Lakers beat the Heat, that's a Christmas present in itself.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-21-2013, 07:18 PM
Hey, if the Lakers beat the Heat, that's a Christmas present in itself.

:nod:

PurpleLynch
12-21-2013, 07:42 PM
Are u kiddin' me? Everybody wants to see that James-Johnson match up on Xmas.:rock:

deaner
12-21-2013, 07:45 PM
No thanks. I'm waiting as patiently as I can to watch the Knicks play the Thunder at home. I'm edging to feel sorry for the people of NY having to pay for Dolan's mistakes. Frame those tickets... It all about the memories.

force_within
12-21-2013, 09:56 PM
can't they schedule a Christmas game a week before Christmas?

kobe4thewinbang
12-21-2013, 11:52 PM
First of all, you never know how a game will turn out. I've expected blowouts and gotten showdowns, and vice versa. It would be difficult if not impossible and unreasonable to change the matches. It's too bad that Kobe won't play on Christmas, as that was something I was hoping for. I had thought he would initially return for x-mas. Oh, well.

TylerSL
12-22-2013, 12:46 AM
The Heat do not like that they have to go to LA to play the Lakers being that they are the champs, so no way they allow a Kobe-less Lakers to steal a game as well. Although I do expect a close game the Lakers will be playing out of their minds trying to beat the 2x champs at home, would be a gigantic momentum boost. A Kobe-less Lakers team beating the Heat on Christmas would be the Lakers biggest win since making the second round in 2011.

FlashBolt
12-22-2013, 02:32 AM
Lol. LeBron always dominates Lakers.. Kobe is lucky he is not playing. No disrespect but James actually tries vs few teams: 1) NYK
2) OKC
3) LAL
4) SPURS

jerellh528
12-22-2013, 02:45 AM
Can't wait for this X-mas match up. Should be a fun one in LA, they finally have a team that doesn't collectively take metamucil before games.

John Walls Era
12-22-2013, 02:53 AM
can't they schedule a Christmas game a week before Christmas?

since tickets are on sale since the beginning of the year, I don't see how thats possible.

Please don't think like JB. Nothing is ever as simple as he thinks.

naps
12-22-2013, 03:31 AM
I don't think it's fair to Lakers players that they have to get blown out and abused by the Heat on Christmas Day.

Seems pretty cruel.

It seems like Lakers always get blown out by the HEAT on Christmas day. Even when LeBron was in Cleveland Lakers used to get blown out by them on Christmas, IIRC. Never understood why it was vs Lakers this year where it actually should have been vs OKC, Spurs, or even the Bulls. And they even put it in LA. When was the last time champs were on the road for Christmas?

houstonfan
12-22-2013, 03:42 AM
Lol. LeBron always dominates Lakers.. Kobe is lucky he is not playing. No disrespect but James actually tries vs few teams: 1) NYK
2) OKC
3) LAL
4) SPURS

No Pacers or Bulls?

naps
12-22-2013, 03:47 AM
JB is ridiculous sometimes. I like a lot of his threads but some of his threads make no sense whatsoever.

dru_562
12-22-2013, 05:28 AM
Should of been
Heat vs Pacers
Lakers vs Houston
Clippers vs thunder
spurs vs nets

Chrisclover
12-22-2013, 05:40 AM
Too late.The innovative advertising video in which several superstars take jumpshots to make a Christmas rhythm has been broadcast for a long time.
Also, that is just for entertainment, not too many fans will take them too seriously. After all, they are just regular season games on Christmas day .Take Christmas away then they mean nothing else

Chrisclover
12-22-2013, 05:46 AM
And if the NBA does redo the games, what explanations can it give?Just admit that some teams are too lackluster, dumb?These words are just too hard to speak out and maybe a bigger laughingstock for the world than having dumb games in a blown out fashion.

N/A
12-22-2013, 07:12 AM
I was thinking the same thing. The Nets-Bulls game is going to be awful.

FlashBolt
12-22-2013, 12:01 PM
Well, the list didn't look all that bad but due to injuries, it's going to suck. You can't blame NBA. They had the right idea.

TylerSL
12-22-2013, 09:56 PM
Well, the list didn't look all that bad but due to injuries, it's going to suck. You can't blame NBA. They had the right idea.

Except making the the back to back champs go on the road to play a team that got swept in the first round.

tredigs
12-22-2013, 10:28 PM
Lmao. Can you imagine the fan backlash (especially by the tens of thousands who already bought tickets and scheduled their Xmas around it), media firestorm and logistics alone that would be involved if they just up and changed games in the last couple weeks for this slate?

Another great thread/idea, JB.

NoahH
12-23-2013, 03:23 AM
I was thinking this too. Definitely won't be watching any New York NBA teams on Christmas day.

JordansBulls
12-23-2013, 12:21 PM
It seems like Lakers always get blown out by the HEAT on Christmas day. Even when LeBron was in Cleveland Lakers used to get blown out by them on Christmas, IIRC. Never understood why it was vs Lakers this year where it actually should have been vs OKC, Spurs, or even the Bulls. And they even put it in LA. When was the last time champs were on the road for Christmas?

Celtics in 2009 playing at LA.