PDA

View Full Version : Brook Lopez out for the year

leprechaun5
12-21-2013, 11:49 AM
NetsDaily.com ‏@NetsDaily
NETSDAILY CAN CONFIRM THAT BROOK LOPEZ HAS A BROKEN FOOT WHICH LIKELY MEANS HE'S DONE FOR THE YEAR.

Cal827
12-21-2013, 11:51 AM
Link?

That's horrifying for this team if it's true. They finally looked like they were getting Healthy.

leprechaun5
12-21-2013, 11:56 AM
Link?

That's horrifying for this team if it's true. They finally looked like they were getting Healthy.

http://www.netsdaily.com/2013/12/21/5232786/brook-lopez-has-broken-foot

waveycrockett
12-21-2013, 11:57 AM
lol typical

waveycrockett
12-21-2013, 11:58 AM
On the brightside at least Plumlee will get some minutes but this season is over anyway so hope he, Mirza and Toko get alot of burn.

nycericanguy
12-21-2013, 12:00 PM
Considering all his past foot issues, I don't get why Brook added so much weight this year. He looks HUGE out there, and it may help him, but it's also a lot of weight and pressure on those ankles and feet.

I said it last year, the Nets best chance to win was last year. They were very fortunate and avoided any major injuries last year and they got 74 games out of Brook and 78 games our of Dwil while the rest of the east was pretty banged up. The chances of that happening again don't seem too high.

Dade County
12-21-2013, 12:01 PM
smh... The Nets are cursed (joking).

Sadds The Gr8
12-21-2013, 12:02 PM
they're done

waveycrockett
12-21-2013, 12:02 PM
Considering all his past foot issues, I don't get why Brook added so much weight this year. He looks HUGE out there, and it may help him, but it's also a lot of weight and pressure on those ankles and feet.

I said it last year, the Nets best chance to win was last year. They were very fortunate and avoided any major injuries last year and they got 74 games out of Brook and 78 games our of Dwil while the rest of the east was pretty banged up. The chances of that happening again don't seem too high.

The best chance to win was this year. There is now way in the world you can tell me Hump and Wallace and Watson is an upgrade over KG,PP, AK-47,Jason Terry sorry. The bottom line is J.Kidd is a horrible coach who has created dysfunction after only 2 months into his Head Coaching career and the team can't stay healthy to save it's life. I think it's time to look at breaking this team apart.

shep33
12-21-2013, 12:05 PM
Sucks. I like Lopez, dude is so unlucky with these breaks :(

Hope he gets healthy

DallasTrilla23
12-21-2013, 12:06 PM
Woah, it seemed like they were finally getting it together too. I can't see the nets coming back from this with no draft picks no cap space and probably no KG and Pierce next year.

nycericanguy
12-21-2013, 12:06 PM
The best chance to win was this year. There is now way in the world you can tell me Hump and Wallace and Watson is an upgrade over KG,PP, AK-47,Jason Terry sorry. The bottom line is J.Kidd is a horrible coach who has created dysfunction after only 2 months into his Head Coaching career and the team can't stay healthy to save it's life.

Of course not... but the Nets best players are Brook & Dwil, and those guys have become very injury prone. And neither missed any significant time last year. Stars are more important than the supporting cast.

As for Kidd, I don't know man, at some point players have to take accountability. First it was Avery Johnson's fault, then it was PJ's fault, now it's Kidd's fault? 3 coaches in less than 2 years and now you want a 4th?

shep33
12-21-2013, 12:07 PM
4th break in 3 years

kdspurman
12-21-2013, 12:08 PM
Wow, that's really unfortunate.

GiantsSwaGG
12-21-2013, 12:09 PM
Brook won't be the same

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-21-2013, 12:15 PM
wow Yao Ming 2.0

Very sad for the Nets

MagicBucsSox
12-21-2013, 12:15 PM
Lmao remember PSD said Orlando was idiots not taking the Bynum or Lopez deal for Howard? Yeah we won that.

nycericanguy
12-21-2013, 12:17 PM
Lmao remember PSD said Orlando was idiots not taking the Bynum or Lopez deal for Howard? Yeah we won that.

Didn't BK offer like 3 or 4 1st round picks though too in addition to Brook?

Not to mention ORL could have easily flipped Brook for quite a haul to add to those picks. They could have legitimately ended up with 6 or 7 1st round picks.

either way you guys did fine with Vuk, Harkless, AAA, and the picks.

But the Brook deal would have been great too.

waveycrockett
12-21-2013, 12:20 PM
Of course not... but the Nets best players are Brook & Dwil, and those guys have become very injury prone. And neither missed any significant time last year.

As for Kidd, I don't know man, at some point players have to take accountability. First it was Avery Johnson's fault, then it was PJ's fault, now it's Kidd's fault? 3 coaches in less than 2 years and now you want a 4th?
I think the two guys you have to blame are Kidd and Dwill. Neither guy has lived up to their hype. Deron has only been a fringe top-10 PG at best or above average. Deron was supposed to be a superstar and he has slacked and come to camp out of shape. Lopez has been a beast can't blame him for a foot injury he has looked great when healthy.

KniCks4LiFe
12-21-2013, 12:25 PM
career is over.

The Nets need to blow it up.

waveycrockett
12-21-2013, 12:27 PM

Brook has been a top-3 center the past 2 seasons. And those picks look like lottery picks now so jokes on ORL.

ztilzer31
12-21-2013, 12:27 PM
Funny. All those Nets fans that came and told us how they were better than Miami... How's that working?

Well at least this means we wont have to see DoMeFavors anymore.

KniCks4LiFe
12-21-2013, 12:28 PM
Billy King is fired before X-Mas. Book it.

waveycrockett
career is over.

If Greg Oden and Bynum are still in the league with no knee caps I dont see how Lopez is going to retire with a foot problem. He'll be back.

waveycrockett
Billy King is fired before X-Mas. Book it.

:clap:

Jets012
12-21-2013, 12:31 PM
I think the two guys you have to blame are Kidd and Dwill. Neither guy has lived up to their hype. Deron has only been a fringe top-10 PG at best or above average. Deron was supposed to be a superstar and he has slacked and come to camp out of shape. Lopez has been a beast can't blame him for a foot injury he has looked great when healthy.

Blame it on poor management bringing in guys like Pierce/Garnett/JJ over the past few seasons. All of which have been mediocre on the Nets. Garnett has been one of the worst PFs in the league, not even grading well defensively. Pierce had been terrible up until the last 2 games. JJ's getting paid like a top 10 player when he's just a fringe starter at this point. But yea, let's blame Kidd.

After this year, King will definitely be fired and the team will definitely be blown up. And it's probably a good thing. I'd shut down D-Will soon too. It's clear that that major surgery he passed up a couple of years ago has been the wrong move career wise for him.

career is over.

Jumping the gun, eh.

KniCks4LiFe
12-21-2013, 12:31 PM
:clap:

@wavey, this actually might benefit you guys. Not Brook going down, but getting rid of Billy King.

If you're Prohkov, today you are pissed. You can't keep Billy King at his position.

Blatche needs to step up. Big time. And honestly their most talented big.

king4day
12-21-2013, 12:38 PM
Ferry is probably privately giddy

waveycrockett
12-21-2013, 12:38 PM
@wavey, this actually might benefit you guys. Not Brook going down, but getting rid of Billy King.

If you're Prohkov, today you are pissed. You can't keep Billy King at his position.

Blatche needs to step up. Big time. And honestly their most talented big.

Im not a big Blatche fan I think Plumlee has a very bright future. Just like his bro but more athletic.

waveycrockett
12-21-2013, 12:40 PM
Blame it on poor management bringing in guys like Pierce/Garnett/JJ over the past few seasons. All of which have been mediocre on the Nets. Garnett has been one of the worst PFs in the league, not even grading well defensively. Pierce had been terrible up until the last 2 games. JJ's getting paid like a top 10 player when he's just a fringe starter at this point. But yea, let's blame Kidd.

After this year, King will definitely be fired and the team will definitely be blown up. And it's probably a good thing. I'd shut down D-Will soon too. It's clear that that major surgery he passed up a couple of years ago has been the wrong move career wise for him.

Yea King has been horrible. I'm not as mad at about the PP and KG trade since we got to dump Gerald Wallace contract but everyone and their mom knew that JJ trade was the worst.

KniCks4LiFe
12-21-2013, 12:42 PM
Im not a big Blatche fan I think Plumlee has a very bright future. Just like his bro but more athletic.

ohhhhh, IDK, I think he does, but that's like 3 or 4 yrs. down the line. I got a proposition for ya, not saying it would happen but if the Rockets were to call you guys and say

Pierce + Plumelee + pick for Asik + Lin, would you do that or nah?

Cal827
12-21-2013, 12:44 PM
Nets are screwed. Now they just have old players and no interior scoring (minus Anduray Blatche).

Should be interesting to see what they will do. They don't have the lottery pick coming their way. Pierce has a huge expiring; maybe they use that to try and acquire picks?

BenFrank
12-21-2013, 12:46 PM
Asik value just went up... Give me a 1st Rd pick, and he's yours.. plus a expiring contract for next year

Edit: Didn't kno they didn't have a Lottery Pick.. yeah, there pretty screwed

SiCk-N-TwiSTed
12-21-2013, 12:46 PM
Damn this sucks. Im a knicks fan but i actually like Brook Lopez. They were starting to click. On the bright side, at least he's not Amare...yet lol

waveycrockett
12-21-2013, 12:49 PM
ohhhhh, IDK, I think he does, but that's like 3 or 4 yrs. down the line. I got a proposition for ya, not saying it would happen but if the Rockets were to call you guys and say

Pierce + Plumelee + pick for Asik + Lin, would you do that or nah?

I probably would just because we got no lottery pick next year so might as well salvage what we can and Asik is a better fit for this team right now than Lopez for defense and rebounding purposes and when Lopez comes back we will need a guy like Asik to split time with Lopez. But I think Plumlee has some David Lee type upside I like his game alot.

kingsdelez24
12-21-2013, 12:50 PM
I've always wondered how the hell can somebody break a foot while playing basketball?

KniCks4LiFe
12-21-2013, 12:50 PM
I'm serious about this.

If the Rockets want to get out of Asik + Lin's contract, Brooklyn should go after it.

You could pair Asik w/ Blatche or Mirza or KG it's a better defensive combo.

Lin off the bench or as DWill's SG or back up, could save some face. If anything you acquire assets.

KniCks4LiFe
12-21-2013, 12:52 PM
I probably would just because we got no lottery pick next year so might as well salvage what we can and Asik is a better fit for this team right now than Lopez for defense and rebounding purposes and when Lopez comes back we will need a guy like Asik to split time with Lopez. But I think Plumlee has some David Lee type upside I like his game alot.

I know. I know. That's the first dude I thought when I saw Plumlee. The thing is it took David Lee 2 or 3 yrs. to develop. And I see it taking longer for Plumlee b/c he's not as gifted w/ his foot work.

waveycrockett
12-21-2013, 12:55 PM
I've always wondered how the hell can somebody break a foot while playing basketball?

Thats cause you dont have a foot the size of a laptop.

waveycrockett
12-21-2013, 12:57 PM
I know. I know. That's the first dude I thought when I saw Plumlee. The thing is it took David Lee 2 or 3 yrs. to develop. And I see it taking longer for Plumlee b/c he's not as gifted w/ his foot work.

Yeah Plumlee is alot more raw as far ability but he is also is much bigger and more of a true center so that helps but I agree Plumlee will prob take about 3-4 years to hit his ceiling. He has no midrange or post moves just dunks at the moment and a great motor.

Chill_Will_24
I am no Lopez fan. Overrated player by Nets fans. Mirza+Terry + Bogdanovic for Asik

Please Billy. I been saying it for months that the Nets should have traded him at high value. His game is overrated and his foot was always a risk

waveycrockett
Yea if I'm Billy King i'm def checking in on Asik to save my job

waveycrockett
12-21-2013, 12:58 PM
I am no Lopez fan. Overrated player by Nets fans. Mirza+Terry + Bogdanovic for Asik

Please Billy. I been saying it for months that the Nets should have traded him at high value. His game is overrated and his foot was always a risk
The funny thing is I remember you being a huge Asik fan tho

kingsdelez24

Thats cause you dont have a foot the size of a laptop.

Point taken

tnewkirk

he's been 260 for a couple years now, thats not a lot of weight for a seven footer.

KniCks4LiFe
If you're a Rockets team that wants Rondo and can get out of Lin and Asik's contract after this season. This makes too much of a perfect sense for them. If it happens I'll take the credit for it.

Pierce + Plumlee + Taylor

to Houston

Lin + Asik

It makes perfect sense for both teams.

tnewkirk
12-21-2013, 12:59 PM

but he's not overrated lol, you still think he's not a top 10 center?

KniCks4LiFe
12-21-2013, 01:00 PM
Yeah Plumlee is alot more raw as far ability but he is also is much bigger and more of a true center so that helps but I agree Plumlee will prob take about 3-4 years to hit his ceiling. He has no midrange or post moves just dunks at the moment and a great motor.

that's why you have to trade him when you can. A jumpshot isn't guaranteed.

2-ONE-5
12-21-2013, 01:02 PM
out for the year for a broke foot? isnt that like a 4-6 week injury?

nycericanguy
12-21-2013, 01:04 PM

Plumlee is a nice player, but the Lee thing is kinda pushing it. They are both white and athletic. But what made Lee so good was he developed into one of the best shooting bigs in the game, and even bigger is that he's ambidextrous, he's very hard to guard because he can shoot it, and if you get up on him then he can drive and finish/shoot with either hand. Those are rare qualities. He's also one of the better passing PF's in the league.

and that trade is ridiculous, Rockets are trading those 2 guys for a washed up Pierce and a rookie... they have enough young players like Terrance Jones and Greg Smith that have just as much potential.

KniCks4LiFe
12-21-2013, 01:05 PM
out for the year for a broke foot? isnt that like a 4-6 week injury?

nah. It's fractured. He's done. 4-6 after surgery, then 6-8 weeks of rehab.

waveycrockett
he's been 260 for a couple years now, thats not a lot of weight for a seven footer.

He's 295+ now and mostly muscle. Thats huge. He's gone from one of the weakest to one of the strongest centers in the NBA but it's too much for his foot.

Chill_Will_24
They don't wanna trade Pierce. Mirza has been on a tear. He is the perfect stretch 4 to pair with Howard. A poor man's Ryan Anderson

Kleonidas
12-21-2013, 01:09 PM
Magic fan here...I Fart In your general direction!

KniCks4LiFe
12-21-2013, 01:10 PM
Plumlee is a nice player, but the Lee thing is kinda pushing it. They are both white and athletic. But what made Lee so good was he developed into one of the best shooting bigs in the game, and even bigger is that he's ambidextrous, he's very hard to guard because he can shoot it, and if you get up on him then he can drive and finish/shoot with either hand. Those are rare qualities. He's also one of the better passing PF's in the league.

and that trade is ridiculous, Rockets are trading those 2 guys for a washed up Pierce and a rookie... they have enough young players like Terrance Jones and Greg Smith that have just as much potential.

Yeh. He doesn't have David's footwork, that's one of the things that make Lee who he is.

woah woah you're not looking at it for what it does. Lin + Asik are 17 MIL off their cap, and they have the poison pill at the end. Pierce has this year. and he expires. Leaves 17 MIL to replace on the cap + they get a pick.

waveycrockett
12-21-2013, 01:12 PM

Plumlee is a true center with great athleticism and frame fit to add at least another 10-15 lbs. His athleticism, motor and rebounding are why he reminds me of a young Lee. Not to mention his brothers developement has helped raise his stock. Guys with those traits are rare. Terrance Jones is a nice young player that has nothing to do with Plumlee. Greg Smith I barely ever seen play but having 2 young big guys with great athletics is a good thing.

tnewkirk
12-21-2013, 01:20 PM
He's 295+ now and mostly muscle. Thats huge. He's gone from one of the weakest to one of the strongest centers in the NBA but it's too much for his foot.

no he's not :laugh2:, maybe 270 at most.

waveycrockett
12-21-2013, 01:21 PM
no he's not :laugh2:, maybe 270 at most.
His first game of the season YES Network reported his weight at 295 and they said it was probably was over that.

29$JerZ
12-21-2013, 01:31 PM
Sucks for Brooklyn, Lopez was playing well this season.

Brooklyn needs to just give up on the season and hope Plumlee shines.
Hopefully King doesnt do any stupid trades to get Asik and further deplete their future.

NYKnickFanatic
12-21-2013, 01:37 PM
Injuries suck. Nets are very unlucky this year. They were projected a top 3 team.

Hopefully he can have a speedy recovery.

waveycrockett
12-21-2013, 01:38 PM
Gotta say Very classy Knicks fans here. Very encouraging for PSD

amak316
12-21-2013, 01:55 PM
"Have you met my friend Omer?" ~DMorey

NYKnickFanatic
12-21-2013, 01:56 PM

Maybe overrating him by saying he is the best center in the league, but he's definitely top 3. He's very good when healthy.

netsgiantsyanks
12-21-2013, 02:01 PM
sources say that the nets are confident he can come back earlier than expected.

leprechaun5
12-21-2013, 02:02 PM
They'll be OK if Kirilenko can come back healthy and KG playing the center(he's way more effective playing the C nowadays ).They still will have the most talented roster in the atlantic division if healthy.

The real problem is JKidd,he's been awful so far ,just AWFUL .

KniCks4LiFe
12-21-2013, 02:02 PM

Hopefully King doesnt do any stupid trades to get Asik and further deplete their future.

They can't give up the season. Do you see this year's draft picks? the ramifications of them giving the season away, you can't allow it.

netsgiantsyanks
12-21-2013, 02:03 PM
Magic fan here...I Fart In your general direction!

you want a cookie?

netsgiantsyanks
12-21-2013, 02:04 PM

give up for what? a imaginary draft pick?

netsgiantsyanks
12-21-2013, 02:06 PM
They'll be OK if Kirilenko can come back healthy and KG playing the center(he's way more effective playing the C nowadays ).They still will have the most talented roster in the atlantic division if healthy.

The real problem is JKidd,he's been awful so far ,just AWFUL .

this i can agree with.

Chill_Will_24
12-21-2013, 02:10 PM
Definitely not top 3 imo. People say he is the best offensive C in the game. All he does is score his own points. He has horrible awareness, bad at passing, sets weak screens, is a liability on the PnR defensively and his help d is subpar because of his physical limitations, he never attempts to grab contested rebounds within his reach and allows himself to get bullied by physical players

All he does for the offense is score his own points and draw doubles and he is great at it and he also protects the rim.

I have Howard, Gasol, Noah, Hibbert, Duncan, Cousins, Horford, Bogut and even Chandler ahead of him

tnewkirk
12-21-2013, 02:15 PM
Definitely not top 3 imo. People say he is the best offensive C in the game. All he does is score his own points. He has horrible awareness, bad at passing, sets weak screens, is a liability on the PnR defensively and his help d is subpar because of his physical limitations, he never attempts to grab contested rebounds within his reach and allows himself to get bullied by physical players

All he does for the offense is score his own points and draw doubles and he is great at it and he also protects the rim.

I have Howard, Gasol, Noah, Hibbert, Duncan, Cousins, Horford, Bogut and even Chandler ahead of him

:facepalm:, you're still sticking to your opinion from two years ago.

waveycrockett
12-21-2013, 02:16 PM
Anybody who says the Nets shouldn't gamble their future for Omer Asik is kidding themselves. The nets have already mortgaged their future for the next 2-3 seasons. The Nets plan for the "future" has alway been to lure Kevin Durant out of OKC with Jay-Z's people.

waveycrockett
12-21-2013, 02:16 PM

Your being ridiculous. I remember you even having Perkins over him 2 years ago. Thats crazy.

tnewkirk
12-21-2013, 02:17 PM
His first game of the season YES Network reported his weight at 295 and they said it was probably was over that.

they're wrong, shaq in his prime was a little over 300, brook isnt even close to the same frame as shaq. google it lol, he's 265.

Kashmir13579
12-21-2013, 02:19 PM
Bye Bye Nets.. Tough break for Lopez, but at least he's payed..

waveycrockett
12-21-2013, 02:21 PM
they're wrong, shaq in his prime was a little over 300, brook isnt even close to the same frame as shaq. google it lol, he's 265.

Shaq in his prime was LISTED at 300 even in Cleveland and BOS he was still LISTED as such. Which was joke. He was closer to 350-375 than 300 and it was brought up all the time when he was a Laker that they continued to list him at 300 lbs and laugh about it. Ian Eagle and YES network has no reason to lie about Brook coming in at 295. It's all they talked about his first game this year.

In search of widening his frame and building up his body mass, Lopez put on weight in the offseason. He came into camp around 290 pounds and said he'll probably play at roughly 285, up 10 pounds from last season.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/nets/garnett-in-awe-of-brook-lopez-1.6228557

When Brook Lopez was out last season, Jeremy Bettle, the team's strength and conditioning coach, got him on a regimen to bulk up. It's worked. He weighed in at 280 pounds Saturday, 15 pounds more than he did his rookie season four years ago.

^^This was in the middle of last season. Before he bulked up further. Still not close to 265.

http://www.netsdaily.com/2013/2/4/3949542/brook-lopez-is-a-big-man-thanks-to-his-time-off-last-season

torocan
12-21-2013, 02:28 PM
Wow. Sucks for Nets fans.

Tough to lose the guy who's not only your starting center but one of your primary offensive producers on the floor.

Guessing the season is a write off unless they pull off a good emergency trade.

tnewkirk
12-21-2013, 02:29 PM
Shaq in his prime was LISTED at 300 even in Cleveland and BOS he was still LISTED as such. Which was joke. He was closer to 350-375 than 300 and it was brought up all the time when he was a Laker that they continued to list him at 300 lbs and laugh about it. Ian Eagle and YES network has no reason to lie about Brook coming in at 295. It's all they talked about his first game this year.

his prime was before he got started gaining weight dude, from like 96 to 01 were his best years and he was maybe at most 310, and no i remember him being listed at 325 when he was with cleveland and boston.

i didnt say they lied, they're wrong, misinformed like a lot of these dumb analysts that say lebron is 6"9 270, when he's really 6"8 250.

GiantsSwaGG
12-21-2013, 02:31 PM
Where's Chill Will? I just wanted to take this time to laugh in his face. Dude was trolling Knicks fans and saying how the Nets were going to compete for the title...

Sad day for Brook, hope he gets well. Nets have no asset let alone pieces to make a trade for a center like an Asik.

tnewkirk
12-21-2013, 02:36 PM

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/nets/garnett-in-awe-of-brook-lopez-1.6228557

^^This was in the middle of last season. Before he bulked up further. Still not close to 265.

http://www.netsdaily.com/2013/2/4/3949542/brook-lopez-is-a-big-man-thanks-to-his-time-off-last-season

i guess he's 290 then lol, doesnt look any bigger than last year though. his frame is bigger than i though cause he carries that weight well.

waveycrockett
12-21-2013, 02:41 PM
i guess he's 290 then lol, doesnt look any bigger than last year though. his frame is bigger than i though cause he carries that weight well.

Everybody who watches the team daily and the broadcast has commented on how much bigger/stronger he is. He has destroyed guys this year down low who he couldn't even back down in the past but doesn't matter because his foot can't handle the weight.

Stefan Bondy ‏@NYDNInterNets

Brook Lopez told me he weighed in at 290 pounds yesterday, the most in his career, and you can see it's muscle.

https://twitter.com/NYDNInterNets

MagicBucsSox
12-21-2013, 02:42 PM
Brook has been a top-3 center the past 2 seasons. And those picks look like lottery picks now so jokes on ORL.

This guy

futureman
12-21-2013, 02:44 PM
This news makes the Atlanta Hawks happy.

MagicBucsSox
12-21-2013, 02:44 PM
Didn't BK offer like 3 or 4 1st round picks though too in addition to Brook?

Not to mention ORL could have easily flipped Brook for quite a haul to add to those picks. They could have legitimately ended up with 6 or 7 1st round picks.

either way you guys did fine with Vuk, Harkless, AAA, and the picks.

But the Brook deal would have been great too.

You not do I have a clue what your talking about. No one wants Lopez

And picks from a team with Dwight and deron are trash. Amazes me grown men don't have a clue of the sport they watch.

netsgiantsyanks
12-21-2013, 02:45 PM
Funny. All those Nets fans that came and told us how they were better than Miami... How's that working?

Well at least this means we wont have to see DoMeFavors anymore.

only DMF said **** like that. don't exaggerate.

waveycrockett
12-21-2013, 02:45 PM
This guy

What part of that is false?

JEDean89
12-21-2013, 02:46 PM
well he isn't gonna be destroying anyone down low any more this year. the guy is brittle as brittle comes. Amare and Brook are killing NY sports.

tnewkirk
12-21-2013, 02:47 PM
Everybody who watches the team daily and the broadcast has commented on how much bigger/stronger he is. He has destroyed guys this year down low who he couldn't even back down in the past but doesn't matter because his foot can't handle the weight.

https://twitter.com/NYDNInterNets

you're right, my bad.

MagicBucsSox
12-21-2013, 02:51 PM
What part of that is false?

Soon as you pressed a key

waveycrockett
12-21-2013, 02:52 PM
well he isn't gonna be destroying anyone down low any more this year. the guy is brittle as brittle comes. Amare and Brook are killing NY sports.

Sad part is they are actually really humble and genuine athletes. Very rare for big time NBA players this day and age.

waveycrockett
12-21-2013, 02:54 PM
Soon as you pressed a key

Your Magic Buccaneers and White/Red Sox fan with a NY Giants Avatar and your implying I'M wrong? ok

AddiX
12-21-2013, 02:59 PM
Sad part is they are actually really humble and genuine athletes. Very rare for big time NBA players this day and age.

Humble and genuine are the last words that should ever describe amare.

Lakers + Giants
12-21-2013, 03:08 PM
Another team destroyed by injuries, can't say I feel sorry tho, same **** happened to us last year.

sunsfan88
12-21-2013, 03:24 PM
The Nets have no draft picks, bunch of old washed up guys on the roster and a ridiculous payroll.

What a horrible position to be in.

Chill_Will_24
12-21-2013, 04:22 PM
:facepalm:, you're still sticking to your opinion from two years ago.

Feel free to tell me why you disagree

Chill_Will_24
12-21-2013, 04:23 PM
Where's Chill Will? I just wanted to take this time to laugh in his face. Dude was trolling Knicks fans and saying how the Nets were going to compete for the title...

Sad day for Brook, hope he gets well. Nets have no asset let alone pieces to make a trade for a center like an Asik.

Right here?

I still think the Nets are fine. This is a blessing in disguise imo. The offense looks so sluggish and slow with Brook. I like KG at C much more

Bruno
12-21-2013, 04:25 PM
Yao part II.

KnicksorBust
12-21-2013, 04:34 PM
Surprisingly my first reaction was "That sucks." I am just so sick of all these injuries to top players.

THE MTL
12-21-2013, 04:45 PM

The magic have great 20/20. They won the dwight howard by far! Nikola vucevic and Aaron Afflao are balling while philly denver and lakers have absolutely nothing to show. Bravo to you guys

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
12-21-2013, 04:57 PM
Not to mention we also got harkless in that trade and multiple draft picks, one of which will be a 1st rounder this year from Denver or Knicks (the less of the two picks, both owned by denver) ... afflalo should be a good trade piece this year. We made out well in the Dwight trade considering the crap situation

TheMightyHumph
12-21-2013, 05:20 PM
Right here?

I still think the Nets are fine. This is a blessing in disguise imo. The offense looks so sluggish and slow with Brook. I like KG at C much more

Smile, though your heart is breaking.

TheMightyHumph
12-21-2013, 05:22 PM
The Nets have no draft picks, bunch of old washed up guys on the roster and a ridiculous payroll.

What a horrible position to be in.

Yet somehow, the season goes on.

jp611
12-21-2013, 05:27 PM
What a mess of a team.

TheMightyHumph
12-21-2013, 05:28 PM
Wow. Sucks for Nets fans.

Tough to lose the guy who's not only your starting center but one of your primary offensive producers on the floor.

Guessing the season is a write off unless they pull off a good emergency trade.

Would be a great time for Nets to play what little youth they have. It's too bad Pierce and JJ are in the way.

TheMightyHumph
12-21-2013, 05:41 PM
Maybe overrating him by saying he is the best center in the league, but he's definitely top 3. He's very good when healthy.

I'd definitely say Dwight, Hibbert and Cousins are better than him.

Then there is Marc, Noah and Tyson to consider.

Then Bogut and Horford.

And other possibles

aztr0
12-21-2013, 05:58 PM
Another Yao Ming. Sad.

sunsfan88
12-21-2013, 06:57 PM
Anybody who says the Nets shouldn't gamble their future for Omer Asik is kidding themselves. The nets have already mortgaged their future for the next 2-3 seasons. The Nets plan for the "future" has alway been to lure Kevin Durant out of OKC with Jay-Z's people.

That's an awful plan. Durant is pretty loyal plus their building a dynasty there with him, Westbrook and Ibaka plus a good bench.

Chill_Will_24
12-21-2013, 07:04 PM
Smile, though your heart is breaking.

:laugh2: my heart is far from broken. I am no Brook Lopez fan as far as basketball goes. Only was for his 1st 2 years then i started souring on him and the excuses Nets fans make for him

*Silver&Black*
12-21-2013, 07:53 PM
Hawks has the right to swap picks with the Nets this year because of Joe Johnson. The Nets could give the Hawks Wiggins or Parker for Joe Johnson.

kylem4711
12-21-2013, 07:56 PM
Wow. Thats terrible.
Nets should buy out garnet so he cam come to the clips now

TheMightyHumph
12-21-2013, 07:59 PM
Wow. Thats terrible.
Nets should buy out garnet so he cam come to the clips now

Garnett is our starting Center

TheMightyHumph
12-21-2013, 08:02 PM
:laugh2: my heart is far from broken. I am no Brook Lopez fan as far as basketball goes. Only was for his 1st 2 years then i started souring on him and the excuses Nets fans make for him

We Net fans are big on excuses (well many of us, and I don't include myself).

But Nets are certainly better with him than without him, and perhaps with a REAL NBA coach, his true strengths could have been tapped into. Perhaps.

More-Than-Most
12-21-2013, 08:45 PM
Odds are it didnt happen while playing defense or getting a defensive board :laugh:

xxplayerxx23
12-21-2013, 08:53 PM
I'm a Knick fan and seeing the nets fail is great but this is really sad news. Out east they can make the playoffs tho

Chill_Will_24
12-21-2013, 10:10 PM
Hawks has the right to swap picks with the Nets this year because of Joe Johnson. The Nets could give the Hawks Wiggins or Parker for Joe Johnson.

I will put a $100 bet with anyone here through PayPal that the Nets will make the playoffs this year.

TheMightyHumph
12-21-2013, 10:22 PM
Odds are it didnt happen while playing defense or getting a defensive board :laugh:

Did you see the play?

TheMightyHumph
12-21-2013, 10:24 PM
I will put a $100 bet with anyone here through PayPal that the Nets will make the playoffs this year.

Place your bet with a bookie. I'd assume you'd get odds

KniCks4LiFe
12-21-2013, 11:32 PM
Like I've been saying. Billy King needed to be fired for not making those moves for Lopez when he could have. I said it last yr. You could have got Dwight for him, there were other deals the Nets FO turned down for Lopez. Talented big, but right now is incapable of staying on the floor.

Right now there is a team in HOU trying to get rid of 2 poison pill contracts in Jeremy Lin and Omir Asik, it's why deals haven't happened. If you're Billy King, take Paul Pierce's expiring + Bogdanovic, ship them to Houston and swallow the 2 pills. B/c there is no flexibility for a while and you might as well come away w/ 2 young players who can play in the NBA.

The reason the Rockets make this deal is b/c of cap flexibility that they will obtain.

Chill_Will_24
12-21-2013, 11:42 PM
Place your bet with a bookie. I'd assume you'd get odds

I might. I wonder how you do that

TheMightyHumph
12-21-2013, 11:47 PM
I might. I wonder how you do that

It's a mystery to us all

torocan
12-21-2013, 11:50 PM
Like I've been saying. Billy King needed to be fired for not making those moves for Lopez when he could have. I said it last yr. You could have got Dwight for him, there were other deals the Nets FO turned down for Lopez. Talented big, but right now is incapable of staying on the floor.

Right now there is a team in HOU trying to get rid of 2 poison pill contracts in Jeremy Lin and Omir Asik, it's why deals haven't happened. If you're Billy King, take Paul Pierce's expiring + Bogdanovic, ship them to Houston and swallow the 2 pills. B/c there is no flexibility for a while and you might as well come away w/ 2 young players who can play in the NBA.

The reason the Rockets make this deal is b/c of cap flexibility that they will obtain.

Apparently the Nets were thinking about it before Lopez went out...

Mike Mazzeo ‏@MazzESPN 3h
Source told @NotoriousOHM #Rockets talked with #Nets last week about Asik and Lin, but nothing ever came of it.

https://twitter.com/MazzESPN

Given Lopez and Deron's injury history, not completely shocked that they were thinking about it. And in hindsight it's looking like they had good reason to be worried about potential injuries...

TheMightyHumph
12-21-2013, 11:51 PM

You realize that all during the Magic/Dwight to Nets negotiations, Magic FO constantly AND publicly spoke of their disdain of Brook Lopez.

KniCks4LiFe
12-22-2013, 12:01 AM
You realize that all during the Magic/Dwight to Nets negotiations, Magic FO constantly AND publicly spoke of their disdain of Brook Lopez.

most of that isn't all that serious. Some GMs use it to posture their selves in deals. I think they didn't want to end up w/ his contract. Had he not had a contract to extend, would have been another story. But off the bat $14M ofcourse they weren't going to like him. The Lakers did, the Hawks did, a few other teams did. But instead of dealing him, King sat on his hands.

KniCks4LiFe
12-22-2013, 12:02 AM
Apparently the Nets were thinking about it before Lopez went out...

Mike Mazzeo ‏@MazzESPN 3h
Source told @NotoriousOHM #Rockets talked with #Nets last week about Asik and Lin, but nothing ever came of it.

https://twitter.com/MazzESPN

Given Lopez and Deron's injury history, not completely shocked that they were thinking about it. And in hindsight it's looking like they had good reason to be worried about potential injuries...

they need to reopen it and just swallow the pills. Adding those 2 might actually make them a better team than they are now.

netsgiantsyanks
12-22-2013, 12:34 AM

you are absolutely right.

it happened when he was trying to get an offensive board.

naps
12-22-2013, 12:59 AM
damn, that sucks hard. Feel bad for the dude. Nets are done. They are not going far without him.

NYKnickFanatic
12-22-2013, 01:01 AM
Dude, look how bad the East is. I think everyone still expects them to make it.

goingfor28
12-22-2013, 01:02 AM
Too funny. Nets season is just going horribly wrong :laugh2: feel bad for KG and PP

TheMightyHumph
12-22-2013, 01:04 AM
most of that isn't all that serious. Some GMs use it to posture their selves in deals. I think they didn't want to end up w/ his contract. Had he not had a contract to extend, would have been another story. But off the bat $14M ofcourse they weren't going to like him. The Lakers did, the Hawks did, a few other teams did. But instead of dealing him, King sat on his hands.

Yeah, you believe that.

KniCks4LiFe
12-22-2013, 01:06 AM
Yeah, you believe that.

every team does it. It's called leverage.

*Superman*
12-22-2013, 01:13 AM
Damn. Looks like the Nets are going to be stuck in mediocrity for awhile since they don't even have picks to start a rebuild. They should try pawning off whatever they have for assets/picks.

KniCks4LiFe
12-22-2013, 01:19 AM
Damn. Looks like the Nets are going to be stuck in mediocrity for awhile since they don't even have picks to start a rebuild. They should try pawning off whatever they have for assets/picks.

you can't. If you do that you guarantee Wiggins or Parker to your competition. They need to do what ever they can to salvage this season. The picks they should look to obtain should be in 2014.

*Superman*
12-22-2013, 01:27 AM
you can't. If you do that you guarantee Wiggins or Parker to your competition. They need to do what ever they can to salvage this season. The picks they should look to obtain should be in 2014.

Well if you have a trade on the table that can help you gain young players or picks right now, then what is stopping them? When you give away picks like that, especially unprotected, it should always be in the back of your mind something like this can happen. Why hinder your future even more over something that has nothing to do with them anymore? I get what you are trying to say, but they really can't do anything about it anymore, **** happens.

The only reasonable explanation for keeping that core together now is if they turn it around and make the playoffs or something, if not they need to pursue any deals they can at the trade deadline.

TheMightyHumph
12-22-2013, 01:34 AM
every team does it. It's called leverage.

Again, you believe that.

KniCks4LiFe
12-22-2013, 01:37 AM
Again, you believe that.

why initiate the talk w/ them :rolleyes:

TheMightyHumph
12-22-2013, 01:44 AM
why initiate the talk w/ them :rolleyes:

Because talking is how many beings communicate

blahblahyoutoo
12-22-2013, 01:49 AM

the same way you break any bone?
repeated/extreme impact.

Chrisclover
12-22-2013, 08:04 AM
This.

they're done

waveycrockett
12-22-2013, 09:39 AM
That's an awful plan. Durant is pretty loyal plus their building a dynasty there with him, Westbrook and Ibaka plus a good bench.
We will see but the rumblings are there. Same was said of LeBron, Dwight, CP3 etc..etc.. years before their free agency.

waveycrockett
12-22-2013, 09:50 AM
I'd definitely say Dwight, Hibbert and Cousins are better than him.

Then there is Marc, Noah and Tyson to consider.

Then Bogut and Horford.

And other possibles

Well pre injury the only centers I would take hands down over Brook were Marc Gasol, D12 and Noah. I think him and Hibbert were basically even. I think Roy Hibbert would even tell you that he gives Lopez a ton of respect. Bogut and Horford over Lopez are crazy talk. Obviously post injury who knows what will happen with Lopez tho.

Chill_Will_24
12-22-2013, 10:11 AM
Except they only want Deron Williams who is finally starting to look like his old self again and the Nets don't wanna trade him

Chill_Will_24
12-22-2013, 10:29 AM
Brook Lopez is overrated. The Nets have been trying to make him a focal point for years and it has led to nothing. Nothing. A slow sluggish offense that stops the ball.

He scores well for himself but without him the ball moves and the offense looks fluid and productive. His rim protection will be missed but KG can hold that down at C

waveycrockett
12-22-2013, 10:36 AM
Brook Lopez is overrated. The Nets have been trying to make him a focal point for years and it has led to nothing. Nothing. A slow sluggish offense that stops the ball.

He scores well for himself but without him the ball moves and the offense looks fluid and productive. His rim protection will be missed but KG can hold that down at C

There is nothing wrong with a slow sluggish offense if it's efficient. ANd Lopez is extremely efficient problem Nets offense has always been garbage around him. Scrubs like Gerald Wallace and a chucker like JJ have done nothing to open up the paint. PP and KG have been nothing short of awful too. Deron Williams never developed the type of connection with him that he had with Boozer/OKur in Utah and he doesn't do much to open up the offense anyway either. Feel like Lopez should have averaged alot more than 19 ppg these past 2 seasons when you realize the vast majority of his points always come in the 1st half and he fades in the 2nd in large part to terrible adjustments in game by Deron, PJC, Avery and Kidd. But I agree the half court offense does suffer from Lopez's poor passing.

Chill_Will_24
12-22-2013, 11:33 AM
Correction, Brook Lopez has been efficient. The Nets offense with him is really not that great. Dump the ball to Brook while everyone stands and watches is not productive. He is not a great passer either so incorporating cuts and stuff doesn't work with like it would with a guy like Gasol

Brook hurts everything Kidd talked of doing offensively when he got here

waveycrockett
12-22-2013, 12:04 PM
Correction, Brook Lopez has been efficient. The Nets offense with him is really not that great. Dump the ball to Brook while everyone stands and watches is not productive. He is not a great passer either so incorporating cuts and stuff doesn't work with like it would with a guy like Gasol

Which has been pretty much the same philosophy of every team with a dominate offensive center the past 50 years. Our offense hasn't been the problem at all. In fact offensively we looked great since Brooks return cause guys were actually getting/hitting open shots. I dont having a problem dumping the ball inside every play it just looks a lot better when a big man can kick it out to a guy who can actually bury a shot. Our defense has been a joke. The worst I've seen since the Travis Outlaw/Johan Petro days.

jmoney85
12-22-2013, 12:20 PM
options for the nets

start plumlee at the 5 with garnett at the 4

start garnett at the 5 and AK47 at the 4 (if he ever plays)

start garnett at the 5 and get a PF like z-bo or thadd young.. ( will probably require trading our only asset which is bojan)

if none of that works for the next month or so then trade everybody possible for 1st rounders... I think they should be able to acquire at least three 1st rounders for next year with a full blowup

Chill_Will_24
12-22-2013, 12:28 PM
Except he isn't dominant. He is a solid scorer and thats it. He isn't Shaq or Hakeem. He is an 18ppg 6reb center who allows smaller players to defend him.

The points he doesn't score are just as important as the ones he does. When he scores 12pts in the first there is no reason he should finish with less than 25 which is usually the case with him. He will have 6 rebounds at the half and finish the game with 7

He has no dominant gene. He is a passive guy who allows himself to be bullied by inferior players

waveycrockett
12-22-2013, 01:15 PM
Except he isn't dominant. He is a solid scorer and thats it. He isn't Shaq or Hakeem. He is an 18ppg 6reb center who allows smaller players to defend him.

The points he doesn't score are just as important as the ones he does. When he scores 12pts in the first there is no reason he should finish with less than 25 which is usually the case with him. He will have 6 rebounds at the half and finish the game with 7

He has no dominant gene. He is a passive guy who allows himself to be bullied by inferior players

This is the first season he has been a dominate post player. He has bullied guys on the block this year compared to last year with his added strength. He absolutely bull dozed Vucevic, Enes Kanter and Gortat down low and had a tough battle with Hibbert. He absolutely could not do that last year. He isn't active enough down low and can't rebound to save his life is my only complaint and his PnR defense sucks. Nets have done a terrible job making him the focal point of the offense which he should be but like I said offense isn't the problem with this team when Lopez is healthy. If your looking at Lopez like he is part of the problem you are sadly mistaken.

KniCks4LiFe
12-22-2013, 01:24 PM

But Brook was becoming a dominant closer. Before that injury this season in the Clippers game. They were starting to catch a rhythm w/ Brook, Deron and AA and JJ, they'd throw it down to Brook, the double came he'd kick it out to AA or JJ and the ball would rotate for a wide open shot. Usually ended up being JJ or DW or Mirza.

I agree one sense. Brook has been a little overrated. But that's b/c Blatche is not fully that guy yet. Now he has to be. Andray Blatche and I've always said this about him. Is the most talented big the Nets have. Maybe even the most talented big in the eastern conference. He just has to realize it and put it together. You look at a guy like Blatche and hope he can put it together for their own good. He's the only hope they have this season other than DWill.

waveycrockett
12-22-2013, 01:45 PM
Andray Blatche is a fool. Talk about a guy who can't play within the offense. Blatche's biggest problem is his brain and by comparison he makes Brook Lopez look like Ben Wallace in his prime on defense. He is a guy who you hope can get hot and go on a little run to expect anything more from Blatche is foolish.

KniCks4LiFe
12-22-2013, 01:54 PM
Andray Blatche is a fool. Talk about a guy who can't play within the offense. Blatche's biggest problem is his brain and by comparison he makes Brook Lopez look like Ben Wallace in his prime on defense. He is a guy who you hope can get hot and go on a little run to expect anything more from Blatche is foolish.

I got to admit I was down on the this kats game *pause* but he's been showing a lot of maturity this season. Don't know if that's him or Kidd's, or KG's doing. But it's there.