PDA

View Full Version : Jabari Parker - Andrew Wiggins - Julius Randle...who do you take 1st?

TheBigChief
12-21-2013, 02:16 AM
Simple question, imo these are EASILY the 3 best players coming out of college and i think they are all future multiple all-stars...so lets take a vote and discuss, who do you take 1st and why?

Additionally, will it depend on what team picks 1st? Or do you think the best player goes no matter what?

For me, I'd be very tempted to go with Julius Randle, he seems to be the next zach randolph with a higher bball iq, more agression and passion, and MUCH better defense

But I'll go with my gut and say I'd take Parker first simply because he is a scoring MACHINE w/ defense, like a carmelo anthony on steroids

Wiggins is obviously a future all-star and any other draft he go #1, but I have at 3

HONORABLE MENTION:

Several names have been added into the mix to make this years draft be considered the most stacked in quite some time like gordon, Exum, Imbiid, Hood, etc. "but" mark my words MARCUS SMART is the TRUTH and should go #4 without thinking twice....

I have the following order "so far".....

1. Jabari Parker
2. Julius Randle
3. Andrew Wiggins
4. Marcus Smart
5. Dante Exum (Seen some tape and I'm thorougly impressed)

What about you guys?

FlashBolt
12-21-2013, 02:19 AM
I don't think Randle will be as impressive in the NBA. Transition will be much tougher for him. Jabari Parker and then Wiggins for me. Parker is insanely good. NBA ready instantly.

TheBigChief
12-21-2013, 02:23 AM
I don't think Randle will be as impressive in the NBA. Transition will be much tougher for him. Jabari Parker and then Wiggins for me. Parker is insanely good. NBA ready instantly.

Out of curiosity, what makes you say that? IMO dude will be a MONSTER

RipCity32
12-21-2013, 02:26 AM
Parker hes just more NBA ready in my opinion.

JNA17
12-21-2013, 02:30 AM
I don't know how anybody can say Randle doesn't look impressive. IMHO, Randle to me is the best player in the draft bar none. The guy is a freaking monster.

With that said however, Parker looks more NBA ready and looks like he will make the big impact right away. Wiggins is the total question mark for me. It would depend what team but overall, my top three would also be Parker-Randle-Wiggins in that order.

Aso do you guys realize the Nuggets have two potential top 5 lottery picks!? (Nuggets and Knicks) and the Celtics (Celtics and Nets).

HOLY ****! We could see a team getting both Parker-Randle or if there more daring, Parker-Wiggins.

That would be insane.

Crackadalic
12-21-2013, 02:41 AM
I don't know how anybody can say Randle doesn't look impressive. IMHO, Randle to me is the best player in the draft bar none. The guy is a freaking monster.

With that said however, Parker looks more NBA ready and looks like he will make the big impact right away. Wiggins is the total question mark for me. It would depend what team but overall, my top three would also be Parker-Randle-Wiggins in that order.

Aso do you guys realize the Nuggets have two potential top 5 lottery picks!? (Nuggets and Knicks) and the Celtics (Celtics and Nets).

HOLY ****! We could see a team getting both Parker-Randle or if there more daring, Parker-Wiggins.

That would be insane.

Orlando gets the lesser of the two picks from knicks/Denver and I see Denver making the playoffs. Not sure about Boston/Nets tho

But IMO is Parker/randle/wiggins. I feel like wiggins has the most potential but Parker has shown he's a big time player

shep33
12-21-2013, 03:04 AM
Parker is ridiculous. 55% shooting and I think around 49% from 3.

I think you have to take him 1st overall.

John Walls Era
12-21-2013, 03:08 AM
Jabari Parker then Andrew Wiggins. Potential is great, but I always take the current skill over the potential. Wiggins has both too, but Parker can be a 20PPG guy right from the get go.

I like Randle too, but I can't see teams passing on Wiggins to take him. Randle does have everything you look for in a big man, but I don't think hes quite the prospect Anthony Davis was.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-21-2013, 03:09 AM
Where is the NBA Comparison Forum option?

RipCity32
12-21-2013, 03:11 AM
It would almost be scary having the #1 pick. Would if one of the 3 don't turn out while the other 2 are glorified superstars. You will then be known as Dumars 2.0.

RipCity32
12-21-2013, 03:13 AM
Of course if Toronto gets the #1 pick then I'm thinking its definitely Wiggins.

jerellh528
12-21-2013, 03:40 AM
Lol jabari has a per of 30.7 that's higher than Lebron, Parker is so good. That kid is ridiculous and only 18 he's going to get even better. I think you have to take him first. Wiggins has the potential to be a bigger superstar, mostly because of his jordaneqse athleticism, but Parker is almost a for sure thing.

JEDean89
12-21-2013, 03:42 AM
Yah Nuggs get the better of their or Denvers pick, and I think it's actually ATL who gets the Nets pick and they can make the playoffs.

My Mock
1- Parker 2- Embiid 3- Wiggins 4- Exum 5- Randle 6- Smart 7- Gordon 8- Vonleh 9- Lavine
10- Saric 11- Cauley Stein 12- Hood 13- Young 14- Grant

easily one of the most stacked lotteries in history

Raps18-19 Champ
12-21-2013, 03:45 AM

Correction, NBA Draft forum.

TheBigChief
12-21-2013, 03:57 AM

That would be insane.

Insane in the membrane....insane in the BRAIN!!!!

lmao sorry broski's i just snorted an opana...im flyin like lebron over ben mac lol

TheBigChief
12-21-2013, 03:58 AM
Yah Nuggs get the better of their or Denvers pick, and I think it's actually ATL who gets the Nets pick and they can make the playoffs.

My Mock
1- Parker 2- Embiid 3- Wiggins 4- Exum 5- Randle 6- Smart 7- Gordon 8- Vonleh 9- Lavine
10- Saric 11- Cauley Stein 12- Hood 13- Young 14- Grant

easily one of the most stacked lotteries in history

lmao randle at 6????? u smokin that **** bruh

TheBigChief
12-21-2013, 03:59 AM
It would almost be scary having the #1 pick. Would if one of the 3 don't turn out while the other 2 are glorified superstars. You will then be known as Dumars 2.0.

lol god that was so stupid...even if they had 5 sf's, they STILL should have drafted melo instead of ****ovich lol

John Walls Era
12-21-2013, 04:59 AM
Lol jabari has a per of 30.7 that's higher than Lebron, Parker is so good. That kid is ridiculous and only 18 he's going to get even better. I think you have to take him first. Wiggins has the potential to be a bigger superstar, mostly because of his jordaneqse athleticism, but Parker is almost a for sure thing.

NCAA PER...

I just want to see him rape in March when every team is playing zone. The last player I see do that was Melo.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-21-2013, 05:09 AM
Right now, Parker should go. But if we held it tomorrow, Wiggins would go.

jerellh528
12-21-2013, 05:20 AM
NCAA PER...

I just want to see him rape in March when every team is playing zone. The last player I see do that was Melo.

They are calculated the same I thought?

Heediot
12-21-2013, 06:13 AM
Wiggins.

Parker has a more mature body and game as compared to Wiggins. I just think he takes too many tough shots, although he is hitting them at a very high clip. In the NBA it's going to be hard to make those same shots he's attempting. His shot selection is not the greatest. Wiggins is a bit more inconsistent and needs more refinement. His athleticism will allow him to translate better to the nba. Needs to learn how to break down the zone with better efficiency and effectiveness.

Defense is what people seem to ignore. Jabari is killing it offensively that people don't see that he is average to below average in this category. His lack of foot-speed and lateral quick will show up against 3's in the league. His lack of strength will be a problem against NBA 4's. He is a tweener in the league. Wiggins on the other hand has the potential to be a top 5 perimeter defender in the league, solid length world class foot-speed and lateral quickness. Wiggins needs to bulk up in order to handle the more physical 3's but at 18-19 his body will grow and mature.

Jabari = Kyrie/Harden/Melo potential. Top scorer that needs defenders to make up for that side of the ball. More of a safe pick.

Wiggins = More of a risk, but IMO has a higher ceiling. Easily going to be a beter two way player and has the potential to be just as good offensively with some work and refinement.

Heediot
12-21-2013, 06:29 AM
Embiid is a real sleeper, he could surpass them all by the end of the season.

Im_in_Mia_bish
12-21-2013, 06:47 AM
Listening to Parker's convo. Very humble.
I like that.

He reminds me of bron.

"All I wanna do is be remembered as a good guy. A team guy. Not someone who is arrogant or cocky."

He def has fan in me.

Also asked ranked top 3- wiggins, randle, and yourself.

And he goes- Julius, me, wiggins.

And I totally agree.

PurpleLynch
12-21-2013, 08:42 AM
For me is Parker,Randle,Wiggins...but:-Parker's offense is excellent and Nba ready,also his body is good for the SF position,but his defense needs to improve absolutely.
-Randle is a monster phisically,but he's turnover prone and his defense also needs to improve;plus his post game needs to improve.
Wiggins is the most athletic of the three,insane I would say.Offensive awareness is very good. Perfect size,but he needs to add strenght to his body and improve his ball handling ability.

Honorable mention:Joel Embiid.This guy has an incredible high ceiling considering that he started playing bball in 2011. Could reach n1 imo. Watch him plays,he's a good passer and also a nice shooter from mid. Needs to improve his post game,but he's learning to play faster than anyone I've ever seen.

There are also a lot of good/decent prospects(Exum,Smart etc)

Definitely a stacked draft finally.

poleandreel
12-21-2013, 09:33 AM
It's pretty obvious you take Wiggins. Just because Carmelo was NBA ready and tearing up the NCAA doesn't mean you take him over Lebron.

You don't take Beasley and his 24/13 over rose
You don't take Evan Turner over Wall
Even Oden over KD was the right move at the time

Wiggins has much higher upside. You do with him and it really is an obvious choice. Parker is great though. And whoever says take Randle is out of their ****ing mind.

PurpleLynch
12-21-2013, 10:42 AM
It's pretty obvious you take Wiggins. Just because Carmelo was NBA ready and tearing up the NCAA doesn't mean you take him over Lebron.

You don't take Beasley and his 24/13 over rose
You don't take Evan Turner over Wall
Even Oden over KD was the right move at the time

Wiggins has much higher upside. You do with him and it really is an obvious choice. Parker is great though. And whoever says take Randle is out of their ****ing mind.

You assumes that Wiggins was like Lebron in the Ncaa. But that is not true. That's why people put Parker at 1st.

waveycrockett
12-21-2013, 10:59 AM
Long term it will obviously be Wiggins. People will be kicking themselves the same way those who passed on Paul George are kicking themselves.

2-ONE-5
12-21-2013, 11:08 AM
Parker and he is widening the gap by the game.

Rain City
12-21-2013, 12:34 PM
this might be the best draft i ever seen.

parker has been bread since a youth to be an NBA superstar, melo/PP ability, more active on defense, unselfish, high character. a safe #1 pick any year.

wiggins is an elite athlete by NBA standards and refined perimeter game, i dont see him shouldering the pressure like parker but if he develops that he may end up being the better player. like his D too.

randle is ready, he will be a good player right away and cant miss All star career, superstar potential.

gordon is freaky, he should have no problem averaging 20pts per game if he has the right fit, even if he doesnt he can be a top 10 NBA player by all the ways he can make an impact.

i give embiid a tyson chandler comp and if he becomes better it will surprise few. he is soaring.

exum is young but can really slash, good length, great experience developing as a PG, hes a project but his ability/potential justifies a top 3 pick almost any year.

smart reminds me of a taller kemba walker, who would be more respected if he wasnt in CHA. hes been a beast. Big 12 looks too easy for him. Looks like a future NBA all star.

zach lavine, learn about him, his %s are better than parker and his highlight real is comparable to gordon. monte ellis, russell westbook ability.

i knew going into CBB season this would be a dreamy draft and so many continue to raise their stock. all these guys i listed i see as All Stars, multiple HOF type guys. it has a chance to go down as one of the greatest drafts ever. I wouldnt be surprised when we get to the NBA finals will be clamoring to get it over with so we can get to the draft. it'll be a main event this year.

GottaLoveCubs
12-21-2013, 01:49 PM
Wiggins.

Parker has a more mature body and game as compared to Wiggins. I just think he takes too many tough shots, although he is hitting them at a very high clip. In the NBA it's going to be hard to make those same shots he's attempting. His shot selection is not the greatest. Wiggins is a bit more inconsistent and needs more refinement. His athleticism will allow him to translate better to the nba. Needs to learn how to break down the zone with better efficiency and effectiveness.

Defense is what people seem to ignore. Jabari is killing it offensively that people don't see that he is average to below average in this category. His lack of foot-speed and lateral quick will show up against 3's in the league. His lack of strength will be a problem against NBA 4's. He is a tweener in the league. Wiggins on the other hand has the potential to be a top 5 perimeter defender in the league, solid length world class foot-speed and lateral quickness. Wiggins needs to bulk up in order to handle the more physical 3's but at 18-19 his body will grow and mature.

Jabari = Kyrie/Harden/Melo potential. Top scorer that needs defenders to make up for that side of the ball. More of a safe pick.

Wiggins = More of a risk, but IMO has a higher ceiling. Easily going to be a beter two way player and has the potential to be just as good offensively with some work and refinement.

Really like your breakdown of these players. I just love Parker too much not to take him #1. I've only seen him play a handful of times but there are a few things I'm not too big a fan of. I think he tries too hard sometimes and doesn't let the game come to him. Like you said, takes a lot of bad shots. I think he is lazy at getting rebounds too. That can hopefully be changed by the right coach though. Just a few things I've noticed but love his offensive game too much.

futureman
12-21-2013, 02:50 PM
If Toronto gets the first pick that will make me very happy because I know they will pass on Parker. Parker will be a Jazz member for life if drafted by them due to him being a Mormon. The big market teams will be wasting their time.

Hulk6
12-21-2013, 03:01 PM

Where is the you're a stupid ******* option?

mjt20mik
12-21-2013, 03:14 PM
Embiid might go in that top 3. I can see either Randel or Wiggins dropping out.

nolin
12-21-2013, 03:19 PM
i think parker is the best . But my gut tells me you cant teach size and embiid will go number 1 parker 2 and wiggins 3

jp611
12-21-2013, 03:21 PM
Parker reminds me of Durant.

I'm taking him first

jp611
12-21-2013, 03:22 PM
Keep losing though, Bulls :D

I'll take any of these 3

Spanklin
12-21-2013, 03:25 PM
I guarantee Exum is a bust. He doesn't belong in the first round discussion, let alone top pick in THIS ddraft.

Eagles4Lyfe
12-21-2013, 03:33 PM
LMFAO :clap:

I guarantee Exum is a bust. He doesn't belong in the first round discussion, let alone top pick in THIS ddraft.

lmao ya his potential which was flashed this past summer against team usa in the summit was complete fluke.
What a joke. He's basically Derrick Rose 2.0.

DillyDill
12-21-2013, 03:44 PM
This draft this supperrr stacked. Idk who to take randle just had 29-10 with 19 trips to the line he's a MONSTAR

OKC
12-21-2013, 04:01 PM
I voted Parker but after thinking about it a little more im going with Embiid.
that kind of two way player potential on the center position is rare this these days and he is already so much more polished than expected.

sunsfan88
12-21-2013, 04:14 PM
Julius Randle reminds me of Derrick Williams and Thomas Robinson.

We all know how those 2 worked out.

John Walls Era
12-21-2013, 05:27 PM
They are calculated the same I thought?

against different competition

2-ONE-5
12-21-2013, 05:43 PM
If Toronto gets the first pick that will make me very happy because I know they will pass on Parker. Parker will be a Jazz member for life if drafted by them due to him being a Mormon. The big market teams will be wasting their time.

you sound like that Raptors homer whokept saying they will get Wiggins and all that nonsense just bcuz he is from there. just bcuz he is a mormon doesnt mean he will stay there his whole career thats so incredibly rare these days

2-ONE-5
12-21-2013, 05:44 PM
[QUOTE=Spanklin;27652256]I guarantee Exum is a bust. He doesn't belong in the first round discussion, let alone top pick in THIS ddraft./QUOTE]

i bet you never seen him play

2-ONE-5
12-21-2013, 05:45 PM
Julius Randle reminds me of Derrick Williams and Thomas Robinson.

We all know how those 2 worked out.

he doesnt play like either one of them

hugepatsfan
12-21-2013, 05:54 PM

That would be insane.

The Hawks have the right to swap picks with the Nets this year. So BOS has their own pick and the lesser of ATL or BRK's.

todu82
12-21-2013, 06:22 PM
Jabari Parker

Raps18-19 Champ
12-21-2013, 06:27 PM

Hey, don't get mad at me because he made a mistake.

Jarvo
12-22-2013, 11:48 AM
Been telling folks about Parker since High School & still don't know how the hell Wiggins jumped over him as the #1 player coming out of High School. He's good don't get me wrong but he can be a huge bust also at the same time but I hope that isn't the case because he can go.

2-ONE-5
12-22-2013, 11:54 AM
Parker got surgery and came back rusty while Wiggins re classed and dominated. Best thing to happen to Parker though

LoveMeOrHateMe
12-22-2013, 12:20 PM
Parker

Wiggins
Randle
Smart

Giannis94
12-22-2013, 12:59 PM
I want Embid!

MagicBucsSox
12-22-2013, 01:02 PM

Lmao and Dwight Howard was a holy Christian when he was drafted. Adidas was gonna nickname his shoes "D-Ho" but he refuted because he thought it was offensive to his beliefs, moral is now he has 6 kids by 6women and he's not even 30.

UPRock
12-22-2013, 01:40 PM
Lmao and Dwight Howard was a holy Christian when he was drafted. Adidas was gonna nickname his shoes "D-Ho" but he refuted because he thought it was offensive to his beliefs, moral is now he has 6 kids by 6women and he's not even 30.

LMAO spot on

astonmartin10
12-22-2013, 01:42 PM
Haha D-HO

I think Parker will be a star. I like Randle too he's a beast. But if Toronto gets 1st,No way we don't draft Wiggins.

Corey
12-22-2013, 05:13 PM
Wiggins and Embiid have the most upside. Smart and Parker are most ready to perform right now.

Randle is a question mark in terms of pro production because of size and upside limitations. I dont know how he will do in the NBA. Great college productivity though.

Chrisclover
12-23-2013, 02:57 AM
Wiggins. His performance is so electrifying and he has already signed a big time commercial contract, right ?I bet those businessmen had thought thoroughly and were sure Wiggins would be another LBJ-type cornerstone. The 2014 draft. will be no doubt a dreamy showcase for future talents.
BTW, I hope the East could bounce back the moment they get these elites. This year 's East is too weird and catches everybody off guard.

N/A
12-23-2013, 03:13 AM
Wiggins and Embiid have the most upside. Smart and Parker are most ready to perform right now.

Randle is a question mark in terms of pro production because of size and upside limitations. I dont know how he will do in the NBA. Great college productivity though.

Best analysis I've seen throughout this thread.

NoahH
12-23-2013, 03:18 AM
I worry about taking Parker because he said he might go on his two year Mormon mission once he makes the NBA.

Wiggins.

shep33
12-23-2013, 03:21 AM
Wiggins has the potential to be special. But Parker is the safe pick. Dude can average 20 ppg right now in the NBA

jerryred
12-23-2013, 03:45 AM
right now mock draft

1. Bucks: SF Jabari Parker
2. Jazz: SF Andrew Wiggins
3. 76ers: PF Julius Randle
4. Magic: PG Marcus Smart
5. Kings: PF Aaron Gordan
6. Nuggets(from Knicks): PG/SG Dante Exum
7. Hawks(from nets): C Joel Embiid
8. Cavs: SF Rodney Hood
9. Bulls: SG Zach Lavine
10. Grizzlies: PF Noah Vonleh

72 Wins
12-23-2013, 12:39 PM
Been telling folks about Parker since High School & still don't know how the hell Wiggins jumped over him as the #1 player coming out of High School. He's good don't get me wrong but he can be a huge bust also at the same time but I hope that isn't the case because he can go.

Parker got surgery and came back rusty while Wiggins re classed and dominated. Best thing to happen to Parker though

:clap: YEP. Parker came back after that foot surgery REALLY rusty. There were several HS games where Parker didn't look good against nationally ranked opponents. Forget about the best player on the court, he wasn't even the 2nd or 3rd best at the time. I had my doubts as well (until this year that is)!

Corey
12-23-2013, 02:00 PM
right now mock draft

1. Bucks: SF Jabari Parker
2. Jazz: SF Andrew Wiggins
3. 76ers: PF Julius Randle
4. Magic: PG Marcus Smart
5. Kings: PF Aaron Gordan
6. Nuggets(from Knicks): PG/SG Dante Exum
7. Hawks(from nets): C Joel Embiid
8. Cavs: SF Rodney Hood
9. Bulls: SG Zach Lavine
10. Grizzlies: PF Noah Vonleh

I'd rather Embiid if I was the Kings.

Let DMC play the 4 and back him up with the best rim protector in the class. Run with a team of Thomas, McLemore, Gay, Williams, Cousins, Embiid.

It makes Thompson a valuable trade asset to upgrade at the wing or PG if necessary.

futureman
12-23-2013, 02:10 PM
I worry about taking Parker because he said he might go on his two year Mormon mission once he makes the NBA.

Wiggins.

That's why he belongs with the Jazz. Because they understand this unlike the other teams.

2-ONE-5
12-23-2013, 03:48 PM
except he wont be doing his mission its not like its mandatory

Sly Guy
12-23-2013, 04:51 PM
I take wiggins on the athleticism and potential alone. The other guys may have more polish and be ready for immediate impact, but potential is what the draft is all about.

2-ONE-5
12-23-2013, 06:39 PM
so Parker and the others dont have potential? theyre not finished prodcuts and being an elite athlete means dick in the nba just ask 95% of the d league

BKLYNpigeon
12-23-2013, 06:45 PM
you cant go wrong with the 3 of them. All three are locks to be the top 3. Bobcats and Cavs cant screw that pick up.

BKLYNpigeon
12-23-2013, 06:48 PM
I dont care who gets the top 3 picks in the draft. I just hope its a team that deserves them based on team and record. I dont want to see a team like Chicago getting lucky again.