PDA

View Full Version : Miami Heat undefeated vs West (Second longest win streak vs West by E.C team)

FlashBolt
12-21-2013, 02:12 AM
Was watching ESPN and Miami Heat are undefeated vs West and has the second longest winning streak at 18. Boston Celtics had 20.

naps
12-21-2013, 02:56 AM
And this season LeBron has been averaging 30 a game against west teams which is much higher than his overall avg. So much for Miami would have worse record if they were in the west.

SouthSideRookie
12-21-2013, 03:02 AM
Just like last season, there's only one powerhouse in the East. The Pacers are the 1 seeded Bulls of the past, just because they finished with such record, everyone and their mom knew they weren't the best team in the league.

Just wait and see.

shep33
12-21-2013, 03:13 AM
Umm... they've beaten 3 Western Conference Playoff teams this year.

The Suns who probably won't even make the playoffs are one of them

Then they beat the Clips at home by 5 points... also beat Dallas who is a fringe playoff team by 6 points (again at home).

Don't see that as dominant. Don't get me wrong, I think they're the title favorites still just cause of LBJ, but check out the following:

-OKC hasn't lost to the Eastern conference either. They also blew out Indy.

-The Blazers are also undefeated against the East.

-The Spurs lost 1 game against the east

Slug3
12-21-2013, 03:22 AM

Then they beat the Clips at home by 5 points... also beat Dallas who is a fringe playoff team by 6 points (again at home).

Don't see that as dominant. Don't get me wrong, I think they're the title favorites still just cause of LBJ, but check out the following:

They have also won like 32 of the last 36 games against the west (including last year).

jerellh528
12-21-2013, 03:27 AM
Beating west teams is a lot different than being in the west and battling them day in and day out. It takes a greater overall toll on your team, especially in the long run. Heat are a great team no doubt, but if they were actually in the western conference, their streak wouldn't be 18 games because they wouldn't be able to take it easy like they do in the east and conserve themselves, they would have to battle every night, not just spry up for all the west opponents or the pacers or bulls like they do now. Also the heat only plays the west 1/4 of the season, add the fact that the heat have had the easiest or one of the 3 easiest schedules the past 3 out of 4 seasons including this one, and they have a pretty light load and get to expend more energy on the 24 west teams they face and playoffs, still kinda impressive though.

Supreme LA
12-21-2013, 03:37 AM
Is this where people are supposed to bow down to the Heat now? They've beaten 3 teams this season and it says nothing because it's still the regular season. I'd love to see the Heat try getting out the West playoff bracket unscaved because it's not a walk through like the East.

Every round in the West a challenge and you'll more than likely move on with some bumps and bruises. The Heat could literally play with 2 of their stars until the ECF before they even faced a real challenge, and even then, it's not even close to what West teams have been enduring for years.

Supreme LA
12-21-2013, 03:41 AM
And this season LeBron has been averaging 30 a game against west teams which is much higher than his overall avg. So much for Miami would have worse record if they were in the west.

Dude they've played 3 teams and it's the regular season. Get off his nuts.

TrueFan420
12-21-2013, 03:47 AM
Was watching ESPN and Miami Heat are undefeated vs West and has the second longest winning streak at 18. Boston Celtics had 20.

Good god seriously they've only played 3 teams

BlinkManJan02
12-21-2013, 03:55 AM

interesting stats. I cannot stand the heat (liked them a bit before July '10..polar opposite of most eh?)..that is pretty impressive though. The east is pathetic besides two teams, so I would expect the top west teams to have streaks like this. Nice job to the heat, impressive indeed. The heat are going to keep winning and something like their regular season record vs the clearly dominant conference shows why they are the best team in the league. I would like to see someone else win a champ. though