PDA

View Full Version : Marshall to the Lakers

Stunner
12-20-2013, 06:03 PM
Eric Pincus ‏@EricPincus 56m
The Lakers can't sign Marshall for more than 2 years as a min contract - so it's a 2-year contract - non-guaranteed is what I'm hearing

Love this signing for them ,been hungry trying to get back into the league. I think he can flourish in this system with him being a pure point .

Lakers + Giants
12-20-2013, 06:06 PM
He's better than seth curry

Hawkeye15
12-20-2013, 06:09 PM
yeah I didn't think he was that bad to be out of the league so early. He is what, 22? He at least will get a look.

sunsfan88
12-20-2013, 06:44 PM
The only thing he's good at is passing. He has zero athleticism, can't shoot, can't play defense, and can't drive in.

If he can't put up inflated stats on a D'Antoni offense then he can kiss ever making it in the NBA good bye.

Lakers + Giants
12-20-2013, 06:55 PM
He'll be the next andre miller :)

ztilzer31
12-20-2013, 07:07 PM
Looking like I'm going to win my first sig bet :).

L8kers4life has been avoiding me.

mdm692
12-20-2013, 07:11 PM
Safe to say Lakers are landing Andrew Wiggins?

jerellh528
12-20-2013, 07:20 PM

:hope:

shep33
yeah I didn't think he was that bad to be out of the league so early. He is what, 22? He at least will get a look.

Yeah, I mean he was the 13th pick last year, to give up on him in 49 games is pretty harsh

Westbrook36

Unless something happens in the lottery ridiculously..I doubt it

LoveMeOrHateMe
12-20-2013, 07:30 PM
Wiggins or Parker to the lakers please

Deception
12-20-2013, 07:42 PM
Honestly wish the Pistons grabbed this guy and didn't resign Will Bynum. I think if he's allowed to develop and find ways to contribute, he could be a great game manager

jimm120
12-20-2013, 07:52 PM
who's marshall?

Donyell Marshall????

Giannis94
12-20-2013, 07:57 PM
Unless something happens in the lottery ridiculously..I doubt it
If they manage to get in the top 6 theyre fine. Wiggins, Parker, Randle, Smart, Embiid,Exum. After the top 6, its a fairly big drop off- but you can count on 1 or 2 more elite prospects developing by the end of the season.

TrueFan420
12-20-2013, 08:06 PM
who's marshall?

Donyell Marshall????
That's what I was thinking at first. I went to school with his daughter when he was playing with the warriors then I realized that fool must be hella old by now.

Shlumpledink
12-20-2013, 08:09 PM
Power shift in the west

DreamShaker
12-20-2013, 08:32 PM
who's marshall?

Donyell Marshall????

Him or Sam Perkins would be a wet dream for Mike D in their primes.

Bruno
12-20-2013, 08:45 PM
i don't know anything about this guy somebody fill me in.

IndyRealist
12-20-2013, 09:06 PM

Absurd pass-first PG with fantastic court vision and basketball IQ. Can't shoot, can't defend. Not athletic. At least, that was the college scouting report.

Stunner
12-20-2013, 09:12 PM

http://m.bleacherreport.com/los-angeles-lakers

mightybosstone
12-20-2013, 09:26 PM
It would help to include the player's first name, OP. There have been more than one player in the league over the last few years with that last name. Regardless, I have very few ****s to give about this, and I fail to see why we need a thread in the NBA forum for it.

GrkGawdofWalkz
12-20-2013, 09:31 PM
I really was hoping the Spurs would add him as he has more size and is automatically an upgrade over Cory Joseph who really is horrible. Oh well. Good low risk move for a team with major PG issues.

Stunner
12-20-2013, 09:51 PM
It would help to include the player's first name, OP. There have been more than one player in the league over the last few years with that last name. Regardless, I have very few ****s to give about this, and I fail to see why we need a thread in the NBA forum for it.

True NBA junkies would know that there are few to one revelant Marshall in the NBA at theomejt and the moment and the first post states the name . 2nd you don't care but that case is totally ruined by your involement in the thread now . Don't speak for everyone , some people do care about other signings . A former lottery pick form just last year singing to a brand new team is some sort of news .

mightybosstone
12-20-2013, 10:17 PM
True NBA junkies would know that there are few to one revelant Marshall in the NBA at theomejt and the moment and the first post states the name . 2nd you don't care but that case is totally ruined by your involement in the thread now . Don't speak for everyone , some people do care about other signings . A former lottery pick form just last year singing to a brand new team is some sort of news .

Two things... 1. Your grammar sucks. 2. There are actually zero relevant NBA players with the last name Marshall. Donyell Marshall is every bit as relevant, because Kendall Marshall has accomplished absolutely nothing in this league yet. Regardless, either way, it wouldn't be worthy enough for the NBA forum. The guy is a first round bust at this point until he proves otherwise.

WES KOAST
12-20-2013, 10:24 PM
Eric Pincus ‏@EricPincus 56m
The Lakers can't sign Marshall for more than 2 years as a min contract - so it's a 2-year contract - non-guaranteed is what I'm hearing

Love this signing for them ,been hungry trying to get back into the league. I think he can flourish in this system with him being a pure point .

if you know anything about nodantoni, he doesn't play guys on the far end of the bench

WES KOAST
12-20-2013, 10:26 PM
Absurd pass-first PG with fantastic court vision and basketball IQ. Can't shoot, can't defend. Not athletic. At least, that was the college scouting report.

u rite, he sux

WES KOAST
12-20-2013, 10:28 PM
Two things... 1. Your grammar sucks. 2. There are actually zero relevant NBA players with the last name Marshall. Donyell Marshall is every bit as relevant, because Kendall Marshall has accomplished absolutely nothing in this league yet. Regardless, either way, it wouldn't be worthy enough for the NBA forum. The guy is a first round bust at this point until he proves otherwise.

how is he going to prove otherwise if he sucks? you gotta have game to prove otherwise but he aint got none so he cant prove otherwise.

Stunner
12-20-2013, 11:18 PM
I wouldn't even call him a bust :

* it's his 2nd season
* got drafted to a team with an established lead guard , where was the room to improve ?
* got thrown into a trade and then released because the team had about 3 PG's already

The guy had a really rough time trying to establish any stability

Stunner
12-20-2013, 11:19 PM
if you know anything about nodantoni, he doesn't play guys on the far end of the bench

Too bad he doesn't have any healthy guards but Meeks , Young and X. Probably get forced to play until bodies come back .