jkiddvc20
12-19-2013, 04:49 PM
Will post link in 5 minutes when I get home

jkiddvc20
12-19-2013, 04:49 PM
Fractured Tibia

Matter.
12-19-2013, 04:51 PM
Injury Update: Kobe Bryant has a fracture of the lateral tibial plateau in his left knee. He is expected to miss 6 weeks.

D-Leethal
12-19-2013, 04:51 PM
Damn, thats the same thing that happened to Nash last year, right? Also pretty sure thats what kept Tyson out for the past 6 weeks.

D-Leethal
12-19-2013, 04:52 PM
He must be stoked on that shiny new contract.

DillyDill
12-19-2013, 04:52 PM
Damn are u postive just when he was getting legs back smh

310Casper
12-19-2013, 04:53 PM
-They were playing better without him.
-Is there a grace period to undo contracts? ouch

Lakers + Giants
12-19-2013, 04:56 PM
Hate to say it but he's breaking down.

When he went down on Tuesday you can tell it was serious, pretty surprising that he still played through it. Guess the lakers are just going to be extra cautious now after what happened last year.

Also, this is not how I wanted it to happen but the draft is looking better and better for us as the season goes on. :)

Matter.
12-19-2013, 04:57 PM
Goes to show how much tear is on that body

mightybosstone
12-19-2013, 04:57 PM
****.... Even someone who has never been a fan of the guy and loathes the Lakers, I didn't want to see this happen. I really was rooting for him to come back and make the Lakers somewhat relevant over the next couple of years.

Him coming back and giving us some vintage Kobe games would have been a great story for the league with all the other injuries we've had this year. But I think there's a good chance that Achilles injury is just the beginning of the end for Kobe. He could still come back and play pretty damn good basketball over these next two years, but I'd be surprised if we got more than 60 games of a 75% Kobe Bryant each season until he retires.

Tony_Starks
12-19-2013, 05:00 PM
Lateral tibial fracture. Mother ****er!!!!!'

D-Leethal
12-19-2013, 05:01 PM
****.... Even someone who has never been a fan of the guy and loathes the Lakers, I didn't want to see this happen. I really was rooting for him to come back and make the Lakers somewhat relevant over the next couple of years.

Him coming back and giving us some vintage Kobe games would have been a great story for the league with all the other injuries we've had this year. But I think there's a good chance that Achilles injury is just the beginning of the end for Kobe. He could still come back and play pretty damn good basketball over these next two years, but I'd be surprised if we got more than 60 games of a 75% Kobe Bryant each season until he retires.

You forgot to include the part about "staying remotely healthy" in your sig. Looks like you can close the book on that now.

mightybosstone
12-19-2013, 05:03 PM
You forgot to include the part about "staying remotely healthy" in your sig. Looks like you can close the book on that now.

Yeahhh..... But you still said it, and you still look an idiot for doing so. I'm going to leave that up there for a while just to prove a point. Don't overreact to a handful of games at the start of the season and say some **** you'll regret when you read it 2-3 months later. ;)

True Sports Fan
12-19-2013, 05:05 PM
Damn.

canefandynasty
12-19-2013, 05:06 PM
Time for Kobe to retire. He's had a good career. Farewell Kobe.

Matter.
12-19-2013, 05:07 PM
But still Kobe played through it for a whole quarter. WOW.

goingfor28
12-19-2013, 05:08 PM
Oh well.

Lakers + Giants
12-19-2013, 05:10 PM
So We go from having 3 PGs: Nash, Farmar, Blake

Nash gets hurt
Farmar gets hurt
Blake gets hurt

then kobe becomes the PG.

Kobe gets hurt.

:laugh2:

shauneazy
12-19-2013, 05:10 PM
Is it now acceptable for us to focus on the Wiggins, Parker, Randle, etc. sweepstakes!?

True Sports Fan
12-19-2013, 05:12 PM

Nash gets hurt
Farmar gets hurt
Blake gets hurt

Kobe gets hurt.

:laugh2: Maybe you guys should ask No D'Antoni to play PG?

Gibby23
12-19-2013, 05:13 PM
Maybe you guys should ask No D'Antoni to play PG?
did you think that made sense when you posted it?

DillyDill
12-19-2013, 05:15 PM
I hope da Mamba shuts it down and comes back fresher next year. No need to be putting added stress on those knees rest gr8 1

True Sports Fan
12-19-2013, 05:17 PM
Maybe you guys should ask No D'Antoni to play PG?
did you think that made sense when you posted it? Was obviously a joke considering 98% of La fans hate Him.

Lakers + Giants
12-19-2013, 05:18 PM
did you think that made sense when you posted it?

I didn't get it either.

Rain City
12-19-2013, 05:18 PM
saw this coming.

this is just like jeter. highly doubt this is a freak injury. he tried to hard to come back from a serious injury in record time and hurt something else. hes no spring chicken. as the saying goes, father time arrives like a thief in the night.

knowing kobe he will prolly try to come back from this in record time, do too much, and hurt another part of his leg within 2 weeks. im willing to bet.

J4KOP99
12-19-2013, 05:20 PM
This really sucks for Kobe. As for the Lakers, the basketball gods are helping once again.

Basketball god to Jim and Mitch: "Oh, you don't want to do the smart thing and tank? We'll see about that... Jim, you're dad was too good of a man to me. I'm not gonna just sit back and watch this happen."

FraziersKnicks
12-19-2013, 05:20 PM
His body is starting to break down. It's a shame but I'll be surprised if we ever see the same Kobe we saw before the achilles injury.

The guy has done incredibly well to remain relevant for so long when players like T-Mac, Carter, AI broke down waaaay before him, but that's just a testament to Kobe's greatest attribute, his longevity.

KingPosey
12-19-2013, 05:21 PM
Well I guess he isn't passing MJ this year.

Tony_Starks
12-19-2013, 05:22 PM
But still Kobe played through it for a whole quarter. WOW.

That's what I was thinking, how the hell do you keep playing with a fractured knee? And hit the dagger three at that. Damn Kobe!

Oh well, we did it before without him time to do it again....

P&GRealist
12-19-2013, 05:22 PM
He needs to sit out the rest of the season and come back with a new coach next yr's training camp with a new ststem and a whole new team. Gasol and Nash will be gone by then. Trade Gasol now and stretch waive Nash in the summer.

Lakers + Giants
12-19-2013, 05:23 PM
This really sucks for Kobe. As for the Lakers, the basketball gods are helping once again.

Basketball god to Jim and Mitch: "Oh, you don't want to do the smart thing and tank? We'll see about that... Jim, you're dad was too good of a man to me. I'm not gonna just sit back and watch this happen."

:nod:

Lakers + Giants
12-19-2013, 05:24 PM
That's what I was thinking, how the hell do you keep playing with a fractured knee? And hit the dagger three at that. Damn Kobe!

Oh well, we did it before without him time to do it again....

We had PGs, not anymore!

Matter.
12-19-2013, 05:28 PM
The NBA wont be the same without Kobe.

ztilzer31
12-19-2013, 05:29 PM
Does lakers4life still post on your guys' forum? I'll PM him.

Jenceman
12-19-2013, 05:31 PM
Tank for Wiggins!

Gibby23
12-19-2013, 05:34 PM
Does lakers4life still post on your guys' forum? I'll PM him.

For what?

Hawkeye15
12-19-2013, 05:35 PM
wait, he fractured his knee, then played on it? Beast.

All those games have finally caught up to Kobe. Was hoping to at least see if he could get his game back later this year. This will slow him even more. 6 weeks isn't the end of the world, and this injury is not a tear or ligament. He will come back fine, it just puts a longer time frame on when his game gets back.

Bruno
12-19-2013, 05:35 PM
is this from last game? the dinger he played through for the rest of the game? christ sakes dude.

i have a feeling those eight months away from the game aged his body at an accelerated rate. like how people age faster once they retire type thing.

anyways, it's time to trade Pau and fire Dantoni. i don't care what anyone says, Dantoni drove Kobe into the ground with his absurd rotation last season. Kobe would still be playing at an elite level if Dantoni didn't ruin him. Phil would have NEVER played Kobe 45.5 minutes per game over a two week period. thats exactly what Mike did in the two weeks before the Achilles injury. and that was after playing him 38 minutes a game for the entire season before that two week stretch. It's a damn shame.

Slug3
12-19-2013, 05:36 PM
Is this like his 17/18th season? That's a lot of millage on his legs. He also had a lot of deep playoff runs with something like 7 finals appearances. He just has played a ton of basketball. He needs to take a backseat role and play less than 25 min a game. He can't do what he did 5 years anymore because his body just will not allow him too.

Hawkeye15
12-19-2013, 05:39 PM

sure it will. It has survived countless superstars leaving the game. Obviously any group of fans who watched those players live, and many times while they were growing up, have a special emotional attachment to a certain player. But the NBA moves on, no matter who comes and goes. That is why its so awesome.

This isn't that serious of an injury guys, honestly. He will be back strong in 6 weeks. Hell, Chandler just played 37 minutes last night in game 1 of his return from a similar injury.

IKnowHoops
12-19-2013, 05:43 PM

All those games have finally caught up to Kobe. Was hoping to at least see if he could get his game back later this year. This will slow him even more. 6 weeks isn't the end of the world, and this injury is not a tear or ligament. He will come back fine, it just puts a longer time frame on when his game gets back.

Like a poster said earlier, they need to sit Kobe out for the rest of the year. Let him come back 100% at the start of next year. Also allow the lakers to assess what they have without Kobe and see if any players mature and step up. With Kobe gone, guys will have opportunities that they would never see with a thriving Kobe Bryant on the court with them. Gives players and team staff to accurately assess there talent, maybe move some guys, acquire some guys, ensure a low draft pick, etc... And then most importantly Kobe gets to heal for a year and come back at his best.

Matter.
12-19-2013, 05:43 PM
sure it will. It has survived countless superstars leaving the game. Obviously any group of fans who watched those players live, and many times while they were growing up, have a special emotional attachment to a certain player. But the NBA moves on, no matter who comes and goes. That is why its so awesome.

This isn't that serious of an injury guys, honestly. He will be back strong in 6 weeks. Hell, Chandler just played 37 minutes last night in game 1 of his return from a similar injury.

For us Laker fans and people WHO ACTUALLY enjoyed seeing him play it won't. Im sorry Hawkeye but you always seem to find negatives about Kobe all the time. :\

Bruno
12-19-2013, 05:50 PM

it won't. the league never stays the same, it changes and adapts to new eras and players. style of play changes, rules, strategy, its constantly evolving. we're in a transition period for the league, have been for the past season or two. GOATs from the 90's are on their way out, as in the mentality.

FraziersKnicks
12-19-2013, 05:50 PM
For us Laker fans and people WHO ACTUALLY enjoyed seeing him play it won't. Im sorry Hawkeye but you always seem to find negatives about Kobe all the time. :\

He's saying it about every superstar that's ever retired, not just Kobe. Chill out, it's not a negative.

Hawkeye15
12-19-2013, 05:52 PM

its not a negative. To say the game will never be the same is not true at all. I worshiped Jordan growing up. When he left, all 3 times haha, I was sad. But it didn't change the game. It just made it different.

Hawkeye15
12-19-2013, 05:52 PM
Like a poster said earlier, they need to sit Kobe out for the rest of the year. Let him come back 100% at the start of next year. Also allow the lakers to assess what they have without Kobe and see if any players mature and step up. With Kobe gone, guys will have opportunities that they would never see with a thriving Kobe Bryant on the court with them. Gives players and team staff to accurately assess there talent, maybe move some guys, acquire some guys, ensure a low draft pick, etc... And then most importantly Kobe gets to heal for a year and come back at his best.

one problem with that: Kobe would NEVER agree to it.

IKnowHoops
12-19-2013, 05:53 PM
Is this like his 17/18th season? That's a lot of millage on his legs. He also had a lot of deep playoff runs with something like 7 finals appearances. He just has played a ton of basketball. He needs to take a backseat role and play less than 25 min a game. He can't do what he did 5 years anymore because his body just will not allow him too.

You add that to his current set of injuries, and he has fully earned that year off. As a matter of fact if you have played 17 seasons to prolong your career you should take a year off.

Gibby23
12-19-2013, 05:54 PM
one problem with that: Kobe would NEVER agree to it.

He should come back for the last month just to get some games in. Play like 20 min a game and then get ready for next year. Still need to work some knins out in game action.

Matter.
12-19-2013, 05:54 PM
He's saying it about every superstar that's ever retired, not just Kobe. Chill out, it's not a negative.
I was saying from the time i have been on PSD. pls.

Matter.
12-19-2013, 05:55 PM
its not a negative. To say the game will never be the same is not true at all. I worshiped Jordan growing up. When he left, all 3 times haha, I was sad. But it didn't change the game. It just made it different.

I understand but I am just saying it came to me as what you were syaing negatively as what you have said for the time I have been on PSD.

showtym24
12-19-2013, 05:56 PM
Sucks. Sit him out the year, let him fully heal. And tank tank tank!

alexander_37
12-19-2013, 05:57 PM
I said months ago, Kobe is done. He has played the last of his meaningful basketball, especially with the Lakers.

kblo247
12-19-2013, 05:59 PM
Disturbing everyone who has started at pg has went down for Pringles on this team ... I mean god ****ing damn. Nash went down, Blake was sent out there with what was thought as a hyper extension and leading the team in minutes only to go down, Farmars minutes were ramped up and he tore a hamstring, and Kobe came off playing 33mins back to back nights and now he's out

Wow at him making that 30ft three and playing the 4th with a fracture to help the team win

Pringles should get his *** fired on principle because he in his own words "rides guys like freaking secretariat"

Sickening to think Memphis was cheering Kobe being hurt

Hawkeye15
12-19-2013, 06:06 PM
I was saying from the time i have been on PSD. pls.

he is right. I am saying it about every superstar who has left the game. While certain fans have certain attachments to certain players, in all reality, the game doesn't change.

My guess is you are young, and grew up watching Kobe, right?

Cracka2HI!
12-19-2013, 06:08 PM
I was stupified by everyone's 100% assumption that not only would Bryant return but would be 100% and the same player. I was telling everyone this would happen. It's pretty obvious when a guy his age sufferes an injury like that he will never be the same. I LOL at the contract the Lakers gave him. I was telling Laker fans to enjoy the next half decade after Howard bolted. Well the next 2 years are shot anyway.

Hawkeye15
12-19-2013, 06:08 PM
I understand but I am just saying it came to me as what you were syaing negatively as what you have said for the time I have been on PSD.

not at all. I may not like Kobe, but I have always respected him. Overrated by many, underrated by many. Truth has always lied in between. Just because I am on the other side of the fence on many arguments doesn't mean I am irrational towards Kobe. I am mature enough to put aside my emotional feelings over an athlete and understand how good/bad they are.

BklynKnicks3
12-19-2013, 06:14 PM
Melo wants to go to the lakers why? I love Kobe and respect him but Lakers might be in the worst shape in the NBA. 40% of ur Cap paid to a life time achievement award. Melo will be resigning very soon unless clippers offer a crazy trade

LTBaByyy
12-19-2013, 06:15 PM
Damn! I bought expensive tickets for that Lakers game in a few weeks and he won't even be there

sunsfan88
12-19-2013, 06:26 PM
Lakers have to be the dumbest team in NBA history for giving a 37 year old broken down Kobe Bryant that much money.

Lakers + Giants
12-19-2013, 06:27 PM
Damn! I bought expensive tickets for that Lakers game in a few weeks and he won't even be there

At least you paid to watch the mavs win! :shrug:

Lakers + Giants
12-19-2013, 06:29 PM
I was stupified by everyone's 100% assumption that not only would Bryant return but would be 100% and the same player. I was telling everyone this would happen. It's pretty obvious when a guy his age sufferes an injury like that he will never be the same. I LOL at the contract the Lakers gave him. I was telling Laker fans to enjoy the next half decade after Howard bolted. Well the next 2 years are shot anyway.

You act like you're the only person that thought kobe would not be the same. Everyone said kobe would be good but not nearly the same, that he would have to change his style of play to still be dominant.

The only people who would've said he will be the same are the kobe homers, if you take them seriously then that says a lot about you. LMFAO.

PurpleLynch
12-19-2013, 06:31 PM
**** off,sad to hear. We couldn't win anything anyway,but a Kobe-less season is sad to me. Come Black Mamba,the Scrubs will take care while you're out.

Bruno
12-19-2013, 06:33 PM
Lakers have to be the dumbest team in NBA history for giving a 37 year old broken down Kobe Bryant that much money.

he's 35.

leprechaun5
12-19-2013, 06:35 PM
It's not a similar injury to chandler's

Chandler had a non-displaced fracture on FIBULA , this is TIBIA , massive bone with much more functions than fibula.

He won't be back in 6 weeks ,i can almost guarantee everybody .Considering his age this is a tough blow for Kobe.

He should sit for the rest of the season and try to come back stronger next year .Lakers aren't going anywhere with or without him this year .

Swashcuff
12-19-2013, 06:53 PM
This SUCKS

Swashcuff
12-19-2013, 06:56 PM

I can think of at least 5 reasons as to why this is the stupidest post in this thread.

Chacarron
12-19-2013, 06:58 PM
This is not too bad for the Lakers.

jerellh528
12-19-2013, 07:01 PM
Man, this sucks. As much as I hate to say it, or see it happen, I think they should shut down kobe the rest of the year and let him rehab and refine his body to 100% for next year. Trade anything we can for draft pick, and tank it away for wiggins. The only ones I would keep on the roster for next year are kobe, hill, farmar, johnson, young, henry and sacre.

Gibby23
12-19-2013, 07:10 PM

He has played like 17 years and has helped 5 of those banners the clippers cover up. He did his part even if we have him for 2 years and wont win anything. All it means is that the city of Los Angeles wont have a championship for the next few years.

P&GRealist
12-19-2013, 07:14 PM
Tears his achilles, goes back into the game and hits both free throws at home against the Warriors. Lakers end up winning the game.

Fractures his leg, keeps on playing for the final 6 minutes and hits the dagger rainbow 3 against the Grizzlies on the road, and the Lakers win.

Seriously, if there is anyone who could pull this stuff off, it's this man #24.

P&GRealist
12-19-2013, 07:16 PM
You don't make a 35 yr old guy in his 18th yr coming off of achilles surgery as your point guard, forcing him to dribble the ball up court, split through defenders, battle through pick and rolls, initiate the fast break.

**** you D'Antoni! Fire this sum*****es *** right now!

LTBaByyy
12-19-2013, 07:18 PM
The Lakers this season remind me of the Mavs last year

A lot of 1 year contracts while the star is out, waiting for free agency

torocan
12-19-2013, 07:21 PM
Suck for Lakers fans. Tough luck there.

Still, he banged knees and got a fracture. It's a freak accident and he should be fine.

Though heck if I know why he wasn't wearing knee padding. Surprised it didn't happen to him sooner considering how long he's been playing.

Kobe should be back. It's not a joint or tissue injury.

savvy1803
12-19-2013, 07:22 PM

This and well stated , too many minutes out of the gate with the initial injury he suffered but he will heal and start back on the road to recovery it will just take longer to do it , get well Kobe and have a successful rehab .

shep33
12-19-2013, 07:24 PM
Man... I saw this when it happened. Dude played on it after lol. Absolute freak of nature when it comes to enduring pain.

sunsfan88
12-19-2013, 07:26 PM
I can think of at least 5 reasons as to why this is the stupidest post in this thread.

Whoa, I didn't know you were actually capable of such a feat! And yes, giving Kobe that much money before even seeing how he would play after coming back such a major injury was moronic.

shep33
12-19-2013, 07:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x6iiHgGvnU

Here's the vid of where he broke it.

He nailed the dagger 3 later on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ5LRbaK0EM

sunsfan88
12-19-2013, 07:27 PM
Man... I saw this when it happened. Dude played on it after lol. Absolute freak of nature when it comes to enduring pain.

Him knocking down those FTs after the injury last year was just crazy and ridiculously impressive.

shep33
12-19-2013, 07:27 PM

He came back a month too early. But even worse is that MDA was playing him way too much. He should've been on a 15-20 minute limit for a month

WES KOAST
12-19-2013, 07:28 PM
he's 35.

his natural age is 35 but his body is more like 45, dude put a lot of miles

I wanted to see kobe and nash retire on top, not due to chronic injuries.

P&GRealist
12-19-2013, 07:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x6iiHgGvnU

Here's the vid of where he broke it.

He nailed the dagger 3 later on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ5LRbaK0EM

Already posted it before you bud. You really need to start reading the threads before you post redundant things dude.

WES KOAST
12-19-2013, 07:30 PM
He came back a month too early. But even worse is that MDA was playing him way too much. He should've been on a 15-20 minute limit for a month

no, kobe should've returned after the all star break. what's he's going thru is what every great player eventually goes thru...body cant do what the mind wants it to do. father time waits for no one.

Jamiecballer
12-19-2013, 07:35 PM
oh darn.

WES KOAST
12-19-2013, 07:36 PM
Whoa, I didn't know you were actually capable of such a feat! And yes, giving Kobe that much money before even seeing how he would play after coming back such a major injury was moronic.

no, kobe is still a major draw because he's a special player to the laker franchise. his 45M is nothing compared to what the team will make in return. it's all business for ownership and their ROI in a no brainer.

the moronic thing the lakers did was trading for nash and giving up 4 picks along with hiring nodantoni.

the howard fiasco was a crapshoot that went against the lakers but at least the organization has balls to roll the dice unlike other franchises who are too afraid to risk it all to win a championship.

I hate the lakers but I ABSOLUTELY respect them as a world class franchise.

WES KOAST
12-19-2013, 07:40 PM
Suck for Lakers fans. Tough luck there.

Still, he banged knees and got a fracture. It's a freak accident and he should be fine.

Though heck if I know why he wasn't wearing knee padding. Surprised it didn't happen to him sooner considering how long he's been playing.

Kobe should be back. It's not a joint or tissue injury.

lakers paid the man top $ so kobe should take the rest of the year off and come back beasting next year. they aren't going anywhere this year so why risk it?

to me, kobe can still be a top 5 player if healthy. dude just needs to take his time whether you like the guy or not, he's still important not only for the franchise but for the entire league

Gibby23
12-19-2013, 07:46 PM
no, kobe is still a major draw because he's a special player to the laker franchise. his 45M is nothing compared to what the team will make in return. it's all business for ownership and their ROI in a no brainer.

the moronic thing the lakers did was trading for nash and giving up 4 picks along with hiring nodantoni.

the howard fiasco was a crapshoot that went against the lakers but at least the organization has balls to roll the dice unlike other franchises who are too afraid to risk it all to win a championship.

I hate the lakers but I ABSOLUTELY respect them as a world class franchise.

The Nash thing was a huge risk and it didn't work, but he had a great season prior and I think we thought he had 1 more in him, he could have, but that nerve injury messed him up.

Tony_Starks
12-19-2013, 07:49 PM
We had PGs, not anymore!

Farmar should be back soon. Xavier should be able to hold it down for a while. I would pick up a vet like Tinsley or somebody for the time being....

shep33
12-19-2013, 07:50 PM
We need to tank. It's easier in the western conference because there are good teams.

shep33
12-19-2013, 07:50 PM
Yeah, grab Gilbert lol. I am so down for that

WES KOAST
12-19-2013, 07:53 PM
We need to tank. It's easier in the western conference because there are good teams.

haha, explain that to the bench, those guys play balls out every night

shep33
12-19-2013, 07:56 PM
haha, explain that to the bench, those guys play balls out every night

Agree, they play their ****** off. But it's definitely the right move. Trade Pau, Blake and Jordan Hill and lets go from there.

Swashcuff
12-19-2013, 08:01 PM

And when Kobe makes the franchise literally 10 times what he's paid they'll really look like idiots right, because their pockets are fatter than it was before. This is a business they are the Lakers they aren't going to stay down for long, paying Kobe was absolutely the right thing, anyone with a brain would know that.

WES KOAST
12-19-2013, 08:02 PM
Agree, they play their ****** off. But it's definitely the right move. Trade Pau, Blake and Jordan Hill and lets go from there.

haha, why hill? love the dude. he hustles. in fact their bench is better than their starters. I bet now kobe out 6 wks, the team plays better. seem like they were faster and played reckless and loose when kobe was out.

shep33
12-19-2013, 08:03 PM
haha, why hill? love the dude. he hustles. in fact their bench is better than their starters. I bet now kobe out 6 wks, the team plays better. seem like they were faster and played reckless and loose when kobe was out.

Hill has great value right now as does Blake when he gets back. Both are 4 mill expiring players as well.

I like Hill, but he can leave for nothing next year

WES KOAST
12-19-2013, 08:05 PM
And when Kobe makes the franchise literally 10 times what he's paid they'll really look like idiots right, because their pockets are fatter than it was before. This is a business they are the Lakers they aren't going to stay down for long, paying Kobe was absolutely the right thing, anyone with a brain would know that.

more like 100000000000x. you have no idea how much kobe's brand is worth on and off the court.

Lakers + Giants
12-19-2013, 08:23 PM
Hill has great value right now as does Blake when he gets back. Both are 4 mill expiring players as well.

I like Hill, but he can leave for nothing next year

Yea, I think He's gonna get about 8 mil per after this. He's going to go somewhere else. Might as well trade him while his value is at an all time high. He's been great ever since he's been a laker, with a PER of 18+. This year its above 21! Get a pick for him or something.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-19-2013, 08:27 PM
Sucks. Some stars this season can't catch a break with injuries (Kobe, Gasol, Davis, Rose, etc).

Hope he's back healthy for the playoffs if they make it.

shep33
12-19-2013, 08:29 PM
Yea, I think He's gonna get about 8 mil per after this. He's going to go somewhere else. Might as well trade him while his value is at an all time high. He's been great ever since he's been a laker. PER of 18+ this year its above 21! Get a pick for him or something.

Yeah, just get a pick for him and go from there.

Lakers + Giants
12-19-2013, 08:32 PM
Sucks. Some stars this season can't catch a break with injuries (Kobe, Gasol, Davis, Rose, etc).

Hope he's back healthy for the playoffs if they make it.

No thanks, I don't want playoffs!

6cadi6
12-19-2013, 08:36 PM
:clap:

DillyDill
12-19-2013, 09:47 PM
more like 100000000000x. you have no idea how much kobe's brand is worth on and off the court.
Just curious to know how much he has made the lakes?

WES KOAST
12-19-2013, 09:56 PM
Just curious to know how much he has made the lakes?

idk, but it's going to be way more than 48M over the next 2 years.

what's the alternative? trade kobe, amnesty or don't pay the man? what do you think that will do to ticket sales, merchandising, tv contracts etc?

More-Than-Most
12-19-2013, 10:00 PM
That contract :laugh:

LoveMeOrHateMe
12-19-2013, 10:13 PM
Tank for Wiggins!

I want Parker! He's a ****en stud

DillyDill
12-19-2013, 10:20 PM

what's the alternative? trade kobe, amnesty or don't pay the man? what do you think that will do to ticket sales, merchandising, tv contracts etc?

Ooo I see the bigger picture outside of ball..So we had to pay him that for all the contributions he's made

WES KOAST
12-19-2013, 10:28 PM
Ooo I see the bigger picture outside of ball..So we had to pay him that for all the contributions he's made

what kobe did for the lakers, he's up there with the best lakers ever, magic, west, kareem.

I think a small part is out of respect but when healthy, kobe is still a top player. plus he's still one of the biggest draw in the nba. every laker road game, think about how many non laker fans still pay money to see kobe play.

zn23
12-19-2013, 10:31 PM
I wonder if the Lakers regret that contract now?

Still sucks for Kobe though.

DillyDill
12-19-2013, 10:35 PM

what kobe did for the lakers, he's up there with the best lakers ever, magic, west, kareem.

I think a small part is out of respect but when healthy, kobe is still a top player. plus he's still one of the biggest draw in the nba. every laker road game, think about how many non laker fans still pay money to see kobe play.
Ur a smart man, I was one of the few who thought that contract was ridiculous. But reading this has changed my mind entirely. Seeing now that's it's about off the court just as much on he rightfully deserved that FAT deal for what he's done for them

meloman1592
12-19-2013, 10:36 PM
He was already overpaid...now this. Sucks that he's hurt though

NBA_Starter
12-19-2013, 10:38 PM
Get well soon

IKnowHoops
12-19-2013, 10:47 PM
The contract Kobe got is peanuts to how much the Lakers make off of him. When Lebron left the Cavs, the franchise value was cut in half. The Lakers wouldn't fall off that bad but it would be a big drop if you don't have a Lebron James coming in.

Contract has nothing to do with how he performs. Has everything to do with the living legend that is Kobe, and its strength upon which many many tickets will be sold.

THE MTL
12-19-2013, 11:04 PM
....and so the injuries have begun and start to pile up.

THE MTL
12-19-2013, 11:06 PM
And for those wanting Kobe to shut it down for the rest of the season...you all are fools and dont know kobe . He isnt Derrick Rose (no offense).

Six weeks is feb. Basketball doesnt even matter till then. Plus six weeks for Kobe is more like 4 weeks lol. He's like wolverine. ..healing factor

BKLYNpigeon
12-19-2013, 11:27 PM
to be honest, I didnt even miss him at all this season.

*Superman*
12-19-2013, 11:37 PM
to be honest, I didnt even miss him at all this season.

Probably because with or without Kobe the Lakers are irrelevant right now.

Sucks for Kobe, maybe LA front office will see why it was such a horrible contract now.

Cracka2HI!
12-20-2013, 12:24 AM
The contract Kobe got is peanuts to how much the Lakers make off of him. When Lebron left the Cavs, the franchise value was cut in half. The Lakers wouldn't fall off that bad but it would be a big drop if you don't have a Lebron James coming in.

Contract has nothing to do with how he performs. Has everything to do with the living legend that is Kobe, and its strength upon which many many tickets will be sold.That's not the point, they could have brought him back for $15 million easily. Now that he's hurt again he probably would be worth $7-10 Mil tops to another team. Your point is true but paying someone twice as much as you have to is bad business. Jerry West or Jerry Buss would not have given him that contract.

mrblisterdundee
12-20-2013, 12:35 AM
At this point, the Lakers might want to hope for a medical retirement and start the complete rebuild. They're going to be bad, with Jordan Hill, Jodie Meeks, Nick Young and Xavier Henry as the main starting pieces. But they shouldn't cave for someone like Carmelo Anthony. Their next big acquisition should be younger than 25.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-20-2013, 12:52 AM
please tank :hope:

shep33
12-20-2013, 12:56 AM
Probably a blessing in disguise. Better chance at tanking, and I think Kobe realizes that he can't rush back.

Sucks cause he was showing glimpses of the old Kobe. Still came back a month too early though.

As for the contract, yeah they gave him too much, but lets get real, it's not like we're getting any other FA's this summer. Maybe Melo? I doubt it though

Sssmush
12-20-2013, 03:43 AM
Probably a blessing in disguise. Better chance at tanking, and I think Kobe realizes that he can't rush back.

Sucks cause he was showing glimpses of the old Kobe. Still came back a month too early though.

As for the contract, yeah they gave him too much, but lets get real, it's not like we're getting any other FA's this summer. Maybe Melo? I doubt it though

If Kobe's healthy, he's well worth it.

And you're right, the silver lining is that the REAL injury, the achilles, gets a lot more time to heal. Maybe the rest of the season into the summer possibly. That was the real danger, now it will have more time to get completely strong.

and yeah, about the tanking thing... I just don't know. Is any player in the draft even remotely worth tanking? Seems like kind of a joke.

But it's weird now, because it seems there is no collective will for the organization to actually win in the Dantoni era, except from Dantoni himself. Like even with the Pau trade/no trade controversy... even the announcers and commentators are like "do we really want to trade for someone who can play now and then win more games but have them on the books past 2014?" It's like even when they are 10-9 nobody gives them a chance and nobody seems to care whether they win or not. And Dantoni is out there battling furiously to win games and build a team and it seems like we don't care... I mean the Pau situation is very weird. Because we're thinking that it's really irrelevant if we're better or worse with our without Pau. Like when I think will we trade Pau or not, I'm more concerned about the cap space and if we get longterm deals back and not about whether we'll play better without Pau.

Actually I feel we will play BETTER without Pau and win more games, but no one wants to trade him because of that, and no one wants to keep him because they think he'll help us win more games. It's either you're tired of him and he sucks so lets trade him for anything, hopefully no longterm salary, or like "**** Dantoni let's keep Pau because he is a true bigman and Dantoni doesn't know how to use him"; but what I see is that nobody except Dantoni and Kobe truly want this team to win.

Even now Kobe is making big time plans to come back in February and lead us to the playoffs but we're all like "ehhhhh, take the year off and kick back till the summer, dude."

I wouldn't count out this team, or Dantoni, though. And if you ask me Pau is turning into like another Odom who just plays well enough to stay in the lineup and can turn it on or off. Watch if we trade him to Dallas and the LoL if he averages 2 points and 1 rebound for the Mavs or something

akagiredsuns
12-20-2013, 04:32 AM
Well that takes the heat off D-Rose for now as being the most injury prone. But at least Kobe has an excuse he's battled and endured 15+ years in this league and has a resume only eclipsed by Jordan. Rose is just becoming the Kerry Wood of the Bulls. So much potential to be a beast, but the injuries just don't go away. Hope Kobe bounces back, he'll probably be shooting around in a couple of weeks. The man's will power is epic. Stay tuned for tweets.

Cracka2HI!
12-20-2013, 04:48 AM

Bringing in 1 guy is the wrong approach. If they gave Bryant $15 million it still would have been incredibly generous. They could have brought in 3-4 guys in the $5-$10 million range. D'Antoni does well with role player types. They Lakers are stuck in the muck. Their too good and proud to tank and with the contract they gave Bryant I don't see them being able to make a deep playoff run. Even if he transforms back to 28 years old. As a Clipper fan I didn't want to see the Bryant era go out like this. I don't think the Clippers are a great franchise that will keep this success. Once CP3's done we'll see what Sterling's got. This may have been the 1 time in history where there could have been an all LA playoff series where both teams had a legit shot. Ironically it's the Lakers that are falling apart.

Cracka2HI!
12-20-2013, 04:55 AM
If Kobe's healthy, he's well worth it.

And you're right, the silver lining is that the REAL injury, the achilles, gets a lot more time to heal. Maybe the rest of the season into the summer possibly. That was the real danger, now it will have more time to get completely strong.

and yeah, about the tanking thing... I just don't know. Is any player in the draft even remotely worth tanking? Seems like kind of a joke.

This is probably the worst thing that could have happened to Bryant injury wise. He doesn't get more time to rest his achillies. He is losing time to strengthen it. He is going to lose muscle in the leg again and that will not help. Most players that tear an achillies are never the same. This is exactly what happened when Billups tried to come back. He kept hurting other body parts. Elton Brand's right calf is probably half the size of his left calf.

If there were ever a year where there was not only A player worth tanking but 5-6 it's this year. The Lakers could be bad enough to get a top 5 pick if they go for it, but they won't. It wouldn't be hard to do and the true basketball fans in their fan base would support it.

Sssmush
12-20-2013, 06:12 AM
This is probably the worst thing that could have happened to Bryant injury wise. He doesn't get more time to rest his achillies. He is losing time to strengthen it. He is going to lose muscle in the leg again and that will not help. Most players that tear an achillies are never the same. This is exactly what happened when Billups tried to come back. He kept hurting other body parts. Elton Brand's right calf is probably half the size of his left calf.

If there were ever a year where there was not only A player worth tanking but 5-6 it's this year. The Lakers could be bad enough to get a top 5 pick if they go for it, but they won't. It wouldn't be hard to do and the true basketball fans in their fan base would support it.

Yeah, maybe. I guess we'll see.

I mean we just signed a point guard today for nothing who was the #13 pick in the first round last year, and we have several other legit college star / lottery pick guys on the Lakers now in there very early twenties who were just lying around for the taking. In fact some of them might be BETTER now than what we could expect from a top pick next year because they've had a year or two to mature and to learn the ropes.

And I mean even if we could add a Blake Griffin, let's say, or an Anthony Davis (two extremely legit recent #1 overall picks) yes that would be great for our team but is it really worth giving up our culture of winning and fairplay? The golden Laker standard of fair play and competitiveness; the thing that makes the Lakers one of the true "faces" of the NBA, rather than one of the numerous "heels" of the NBA, like the Spurs, the Timberwolves, the Rockets or whatever. I mean in 30 years will anyone remember that the Spurs won x amount of games last year or made it to the NBA Finals? No, but everyone will always remember that they tanked so hard to get Robinson and then Duncan, and that Houston tanked so egregiously to get Hakeem, that the league actually had to change the freakin' rules so that teams wouldn't just THROW GAMES on a mass scale. It's like what happens when a bunch of teams are just loser scrubs and refuse to do anything but throw games so they can force high picks to sign with them? What happens is the league has to change the rules and invent all this convoluted lottery weirdness, that's what.

The Lakers have never been a part of that nonsense and looking out at the vista of college boys out there running around and dunking the basketball this year I don't really see any reason for that to change. Look at Cleveland's first pick Bennett; I mean I actually like his style and think we should get him, but realistically he'll probably be an easy D-league pickup for Dantoni by next year or the year after, while there are some players taken much lower who are contributing.

GiantsSwaGG
12-20-2013, 06:35 AM
He should retire

Chrisclover
12-20-2013, 11:10 AM
The Lakers has never had a true point guard since long time ago .Nash is an exception but he is perennial brittle man ,so we can rule him out

Nash gets hurt
Farmar gets hurt
Blake gets hurt

Kobe gets hurt.

:laugh2:

AddiX
12-20-2013, 11:46 AM
IMO Kobe was on hgh last year, and now his body is paying the price. Before last season Kobe was having a major decline, all of sudden last year he was back to form out of no where, dude was def on something.

He overworked his body, now it's breaking down.

Chrisclover
12-20-2013, 11:54 AM
It is high time he took a lesser role to prolong his career to rack up more stats .It doesn't make too much sense for him to try too hard

His body is starting to break down. It's a shame but I'll be surprised if we ever see the same Kobe we saw before the achilles injury.

The guy has done incredibly well to remain relevant for so long when players like T-Mac, Carter, AI broke down waaaay before him, but that's just a testament to Kobe's greatest attribute, his longevity.

Matter.
12-20-2013, 12:28 PM
Kobe Bryant tells Yahoo Sports that, "Only an idiot," would doubt his resolve to come back strong again

shep33
12-20-2013, 12:47 PM
IMO Kobe was on hgh last year, and now his body is paying the price. Before last season Kobe was having a major decline, all of sudden last year he was back to form out of no where, dude was def on something.

Lol

shep33
12-20-2013, 12:55 PM
Bringing in 1 guy is the wrong approach. If they gave Bryant $15 million it still would have been incredibly generous. They could have brought in 3-4 guys in the $5-$10 million range. D'Antoni does well with role player types. They Lakers are stuck in the muck. Their too good and proud to tank and with the contract they gave Bryant I don't see them being able to make a deep playoff run. Even if he transforms back to 28 years old. As a Clipper fan I didn't want to see the Bryant era go out like this. I don't think the Clippers are a great franchise that will keep this success. Once CP3's done we'll see what Sterling's got. This may have been the 1 time in history where there could have been an all LA playoff series where both teams had a legit shot. Ironically it's the Lakers that are falling apart.

See but look at the impact players in free agency this upcoming year. Really aren't many of them.

Deng is going to get his 10 mill, and he's turning 30 with a ton of miles on him.

Look at this list and build a championship team, or even a team with a top 5 record in the west next year:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/2014-nba-free-agents

I mean guys who might be attainable:

Deng, Lowry, and Ariza? Then take into account that Pau, Hill, Wesley Johnson, Farmar, and Nick Young are going to get bigger contracts either in LA or with another team.

Try as we may, but even if Kobe took 15 mill, which he would've likely accepted had it not been for a bonehead offer by our FO, I am just not seeing how we could build a quality team.

Adding Melo would make us like a 6th seed at best. Say we added Deng and Lowry then re-signed Pau, Nick, Hill and Farmar...

Still not seeing how that team is a contender. They're still horrible defensively.

Stinkyoutsider
12-20-2013, 01:12 PM
I think he came back too fast and it hurt him in the long run...

He's been pretty durable thru his career but he was unlucky this time and got hurt again.

nickdymez
12-20-2013, 01:17 PM
Melo wants to go to the lakers why? I love Kobe and respect him but Lakers might be in the worst shape in the NBA. 40% of ur Cap paid to a life time achievement award. Melo will be resigning very soon unless clippers offer a crazy trade

How so?

AddiX
12-20-2013, 01:19 PM
Lol

It would be pretty ignorant to not at least acknowledge his decline was huge before last year, all of sudde he's playing more minutes than ever, shooting better, doing everything better, he looked like young Kobe out there.

All of a sudden, torn acl, broken Tibia. You speed your body up, it's only a matter of time before it breaks down.

I'm not a Kobe hater by any means, but last years Kobe was suspicious to say the least.

nickdymez
12-20-2013, 01:22 PM
See but look at the impact players in free agency this upcoming year. Really aren't many of them.

Deng is going to get his 10 mill, and he's turning 30 with a ton of miles on him.

Look at this list and build a championship team, or even a team with a top 5 record in the west next year:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/2014-nba-free-agents

I mean guys who might be attainable:

Deng, Lowry, and Ariza? Then take into account that Pau, Hill, Wesley Johnson, Farmar, and Nick Young are going to get bigger contracts either in LA or with another team.

Try as we may, but even if Kobe took 15 mill, which he would've likely accepted had it not been for a bonehead offer by our FO, I am just not seeing how we could build a quality team.

Adding Melo would make us like a 6th seed at best. Say we added Deng and Lowry then re-signed Pau, Nick, Hill and Farmar...

Still not seeing how that team is a contender. They're still horrible defensively.

Okefor is making 14 million????

nickdymez
12-20-2013, 01:23 PM
It would be pretty ignorant to not at least acknowledge his decline was huge before last year, all of sudde he's playing more minutes than ever, shooting better, doing everything better, he looked like young Kobe out there.

All of a sudden, torn acl, broken Tibia. You speed your body up, it's only a matter of time before it breaks down.

I'm not a Kobe hater by any means, but last years Kobe was suspicious to say the least.

You saying Kobe is juicing?

D-Leethal
12-20-2013, 01:23 PM

Yeahhh..... But you still said it, and you still look an idiot for doing so. I'm going to leave that up there for a while just to prove a point. Don't overreact to a handful of games at the start of the season and say some **** you'll regret when you read it 2-3 months later. ;)

Well bold predictions are supposed to be bold. And if they were healthy I still think it would be close. If your gonna leave it up - leave it up in full to represent what I actually said instead of selecting a misleading excerpt "to make me look like an idiot". Bush league brah.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-20-2013, 01:35 PM
How so?

lol at knicks fans

shep33
12-20-2013, 01:41 PM

He was also hurt the previous couple years. Bad knee which I believe he got surgery on.

Also quick playoff exits gave him more time to heal.

It could be that he's just getting old, or that the Achilles injury weakened his leg/knee.

Rentzias
12-20-2013, 01:42 PM
Kobe ever gonna have another elite season?

J4KOP99
12-20-2013, 01:45 PM
You come at the King, you best not miss...

... I think that achilles injury was a "direct shot" though...

P&GRealist
12-20-2013, 01:47 PM

You are completely wrong. Tim Grover, Kobe's personal trainer and MJ's former personal trainer, said that this was a good thing for Kobe to take care of other aspects that he could have overcompensated with the Achilles, and that he will come back stronger. I trust Grover's words more than I trust yours. No offense.

AddiX
12-20-2013, 01:51 PM
He was also hurt the previous couple years. Bad knee which I believe he got surgery on.

Also quick playoff exits gave him more time to heal.

It could be that he's just getting old, or that the Achilles injury weakened his leg/knee.

Well he's obviously getting old, which is why I think he turned to hgh. The minutes he was p,yang last year while showing no signs of fatigue, especially while being asked to do what he was asked to do, just isn't right.

He had some years where everyone was saying, it looks like he's on his way out. Not a star anymore. All of sudden he gets some new company in town, has to share a spotlight (and the ball) and old Kobe looks like young Kobe. What he did last year was crazy when you consider his recent history.

It would be like KG showing up tomorrow and looking like hisnold self. It's just not going to happen naturally.

L8kers4life
12-20-2013, 02:11 PM
Well he's obviously getting old, which is why I think he turned to hgh. The minutes he was p,yang last year while showing no signs of fatigue, especially while being asked to do what he was asked to do, just isn't right.

He had some years where everyone was saying, it looks like he's on his way out. Not a star anymore. All of sudden he gets some new company in town, has to share a spotlight (and the ball) and old Kobe looks like young Kobe. What he did last year was crazy when you consider his recent history.

It would be like KG showing up tomorrow and looking like hisnold self. It's just not going to happen naturally.

This is Absurd, Kobe Never declined like you say, His average is always around 25 to 28. To compare him to KG is a joke, KG has been on the decline since his first year in Boston, and every year has declined a bit more. just stop this HGH crap, if you watched every game last year, there were plenty of times when Kobe looked old, there were plenty of signs of wear and tear, for you to just come on here and make an assumption Kobe is on HGH is a joke. Everyone knows Kobe works harder than anyone in the game, take a look at people who have been accused of using steroids, most of them do not have the drive and will or dedication that Kobe has. To say it was HGH and discredit what he did last year is just plain Blasphemous as Stephen A Smith would say.

L8kers4life
12-20-2013, 02:14 PM

The year before last year he averaged more points than last year 27.9 in 2012 and 27.3 in 2013, his incline in assists and shooting percentage has more to do with Dwight being here and Kobe taking better shots than this crazy ish you are talking. Where is the supposed decline you were talking about before last year, go look at his stats.

savvy1803
12-20-2013, 03:01 PM

Interesting take on the whole situation Addix , who else do you believe to be on the HGH bandwagon or is this reserved for Kobe alone , just curious ?

AddiX
12-20-2013, 03:13 PM
Interesting take on the whole situation Addix , who else do you believe to be on the HGH bandwagon or is this reserved for Kobe alone , just curious ?

IVe accused massive amounts of athletes for hgh or steroids.

I use to work in sports marketing for sports supplements so I've studied the subject In quite a bit of depth. Besides that im a gym rat.

Just a few guys who I suspect of being dirty who never tested positive on some joke test, Kobe, Adrian Peterson, Ladanian Tomlinson, AJ Hawk, Urijah Faber, Clay Matthews, the entire Seahawks roster, can go on all day.

Guys who have been caught who I always said were dirty, Cushing, Rodriguez, Overeem, Clemons, I can keep going on this list too.

I don't expect other posters to agree with me or not get mad either, but I've been studying snd oayng attention to PEDs in all sports for quite some time.

savvy1803
12-20-2013, 03:23 PM
IVe accused massive amounts of athletes for hgh or steroids.

I use to work in sports marketing for sports supplements so I've studied the subject In quite a bit of depth. Besides that im a gym rat.

Just a few guys who I suspect of being dirty who never tested positive on some joke test, Kobe, Adrian Peterson, Ladanian Tomlinson, AJ Hawk, Urijah Faber, Clay Matthews, the entire Seahawks roster, can go on all day.

Guys who have been caught who I always said were dirty, Cushing, Rodriguez, Overeem, Clemons, I can keep going on this list too.

I don't expect other posters to agree with me or not get mad either, but I've been studying snd oayng attention to PEDs in all sports for quite some time.

Not mad at all , just trying to understand your reasoning but i don't believe i see any NBA players included in your list , perhaps i'm mistaken but i do see tons of football players though .

AddiX
12-20-2013, 03:36 PM
Not mad at all , just trying to understand your reasoning but i don't believe i see any NBA players included in your list , perhaps i'm mistaken but i do see tons of football players though .

Quite frankly football is a hard sport to make it without PEDs, and the testing so minimal amd easy to bypass it makes no sense for them not to take them. I think it's quietly accepted amongst fans, that football players juice there heads off.

Basketball is much harder to see ped use among athletes because bulking up isn't really something most players are after, so it's not as noticeable. The need for obscene amounts of power and strength just isn't a part of NBA basketball.

But hgh would be incredibly helpful for NBA players, especially the guys who are aging.

Quite simply, if you've never had an elite burst, you never will, and if you lose it, it's gone. To me Kobes burst and ability was on major decline, last year I couldn't believe my eyes, especially when you consider the fact he played incredible amounts of minutes. That's just not normal. You don't get to turn back the clock, the body doesn't work like that.

savvy1803
12-20-2013, 03:49 PM
Quite frankly football is a hard sport to make it without PEDs, and the testing so minimal amd easy to bypass it makes no sense for them not to take them. I think it's quietly accepted amongst fans, that football players juice there heads off.

Basketball is much harder to see ped use among athletes because bulking up isn't really something most players are after, so it's not as noticeable. The need for obscene amounts of power and strength just isn't a part of NBA basketball.

But hgh would be incredibly helpful for NBA players, especially the guys who are aging.

It's a tricky discussion at times and your reasoning makes a high degree of sense , i heard HGH also promotes faster healing but i'm not sure if that's correct . Until i see a failed test with Kobe's name on it i will have to give him the benefit of the doubt and i can understand how others would not , as a Laker fan i can only hope Kobe has stayed within the boundries of not using a banned substance .

I am not so naive to think it's not possible that he has done what you have implied but as of right now without any evidence to prove otherwise , i will have to go with the theory that his basketball achievements were done through hard work and not cheating .

AddiX
12-20-2013, 04:00 PM
It's a tricky discussion at times and your reasoning makes a high degree of sense , i heard HGH also promotes faster healing but i'm not sure if that's correct . Until i see a failed test with Kobe's name on it i will have to give him the benefit of the doubt and i can understand how others would not , as a Laker fan i can only hope Kobe has stayed within the boundries of not using a banned substance .

I am not so naive to think it's not possible that he has done what you have implied but as of right now without any evidence to prove otherwise , i will have to go with the theory that his basketball achievements were done through hard work and not cheating .

That's more than fair of an answer, especially amongst these parts.

And just to be clear, I don't think most of his accomplishment were because of hgh. Just last year. I think he saw his decline, he saw Nash, he saw Dwight, and he felt his greatness would be over shadowed by them.

I don't think his ego would allow that so he took the hgh.

savvy1803
12-20-2013, 04:05 PM
That's more than fair of an answer, especially amongst these parts.

And just to be clear, I don't think most of his accomplishment were because of hgh. Just last year. I think he saw his decline, he saw Nash, he saw Dwight, and he felt his greatness would be over shadowed by them.

I don't think his ego would allow that so he took the hgh.

Time will certainly tell if you were right as a Laker's fan i hope you are wrong on this issue .

hidalgo
12-21-2013, 12:27 AM
surprise surprise, the lakers are gonna win tonight, & win more without hero boy. they'll be over .500 when he gets back I bet. I think the basketball Gods refuse to let them miss the playoffs, no matter the roster. just watch, they're getting in, mark my words. heed my warning(uhh what?..)

sunsfan88
12-21-2013, 04:52 AM
Winning is whats gonna make their pockets fatter and a 45 year old Kobe walking around on the court with a cane isn't gonna bring them a lot of that.

There's a reason that even Kobe felt compelled to go and defend his contract on Twitter...anyone with a brain know that LAL overpaid. They could have kept Kobe for much less, its not any other team will offer him a lot.