PDA

View Full Version : Celtics analyst D. Marshall says Rondo heading west in blockbuster. To Houston?

jsthornton7
12-17-2013, 05:34 PM
Not sure how accurate this is, but should at least make for interesting discussion. 4 other teams are in the mix as well.

Chris Sheridan ‏@sheridanhoops 8m
With #Celtics analyst D.Marshall saying Rondo heading West in blockbuster, consider whether it may be to #Rockets: http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2013/12/16/omer-asik-sweepstakes-source-says-five-teams-still-in-the-mix/ …

Chris Sheridan assumes the deal would look like this:

Rondo + Lee + Bass to HOU

for Lin + Asik and two future firsts

Feel free to move this if deemed to be garbage.

NoahH
12-17-2013, 05:42 PM
Your link is broken.

Also, not sure how much i trust Chris Sheridan

Htownballa1622
12-17-2013, 05:43 PM
Plz be bs. Do not want rondo

BleedingGreen9
12-17-2013, 05:44 PM
^dont get 2 worried twitter is saying its to sac

celtNYpatsHeels
12-17-2013, 05:46 PM
First - Donny Marshall works for the YES network as a Nets analyst

Second - Marshall says that it is the Kings who are trying to get Rondo, not the Rockets

jsthornton7
12-17-2013, 05:47 PM
Your link is broken.

Also, not sure how much i trust Chris Sheridan

Fixed the link. Thanks

I mean who knows, I just came across the twitter post and thought it was interesting. I'm sure there's nothing to it, but the prospect of the lineup below is quite intriguing.

Rondo, Harden, Chandler, Bass, Howard

jsthornton7
12-17-2013, 05:48 PM

Second - Marshall says that it is the Kings who are trying to get Rondo, not the Rockets

well, my bad then, feel free to close this.

Nighthawk
12-17-2013, 05:49 PM
Rumor im hearing is boston trading with sacramento

Rondo and filler

For

I. Thomas, B. Maclemore, J. Thompson, M. Thornton and 2 future firsts..

I dont do that deal.. I let Rondo show hes healthy and trade him for more

celtNYpatsHeels
12-17-2013, 05:50 PM
well, my bad then, feel free to close this.

Well there is something here... its just not Rondo to the Rockets. Rondo is going to get sent somewhere... and supposedly the Kings want him very badly to build around Cousins

jerellh528
12-17-2013, 05:52 PM
wow that would be great for the rockets, lin is pure garbage.
rondo, harden, parsons, bass, howard would be sick.

jsthornton7
12-17-2013, 05:53 PM
Rondo + Gay + Cousins. They better surround them with a lot of veterans. Where does the leadership come from?

bagwell368
12-17-2013, 05:56 PM

Right Marshall used to work in Boston.

The version of the deal i heard gets the Celts 2 #1's and various players, Thomas being the most interesting. Take the plunge Danny.

2-ONE-5
12-17-2013, 06:05 PM

Rondo and filler

For

how could they possibly get more? thats too much to begin with

Tony_Starks
12-17-2013, 06:07 PM
He's going to Sacramento. But if I'm Sac the only way I deal is if Mclemore is off the table. No way I give up Thomas AND him...

jsthornton7
12-17-2013, 06:46 PM
Another tweet from Chris Sheridan:

Chris Sheridan ‏@sheridanhoops 21m
Rumor of the Day involves Rajon Rondo getting dealt out West by #Celtics. Think it is part of Omer Asik trade?

http://sulia.com/channel/charlotte-bobcats/f/51dae4b3-8202-46b9-ae6d-c4b01d2bcfb7/?source=twitter

valade16
12-17-2013, 07:00 PM
Why do people assume a trade with the Rockets would result in Bass starting? Jones has been playing great in the starting lineup, Bass would most likely come off the bench.

Rondo - Harden - Parsons - Jones - Howard

Kyben36
12-17-2013, 07:20 PM
they would look ok, still think they need a better pf.

Kyben36
12-17-2013, 07:21 PM
on 2nd thought, dont like a rondo harden backcorut, both need the ball

see nash/kobe.

Nighthawk
12-17-2013, 07:22 PM
Why do people assume a trade with the Rockets would result in Bass starting? Jones has been playing great in the starting lineup, Bass would most likely come off the bench.

Coaches typically prefer veterans. Bass would be a nice compliment to Howards inside game with his mid rangers. I would start Bass over Jones

Rondo is not going to Houston however. Danny wants picks and Houstons draft picks would be late first rounders

TaylorMays
12-17-2013, 07:27 PM
Rondo and Harden may be one of the worst pairing of star guards you could have...

MagicBucsSox
12-17-2013, 07:31 PM

Rondo and filler

For

Boston is loaded at guard already lol

jp611
12-17-2013, 07:33 PM
Rondo-Gay-Cousins :laugh:

That team will be ****ing comedy

3RDASYSTEM
12-17-2013, 07:33 PM
how could they possibly get more? thats too much to begin with

Exactly what I was thinking, and just to think he is coming off majory surgery so that is like a major major haul for C's

shep33
12-17-2013, 08:00 PM
Rondo and Harden may be one of the worst pairing of star guards you could have...

This. Rondo doesn't fit well with the rockets.

blahblahyoutoo
12-17-2013, 08:05 PM
This. Rondo doesn't fit well with the rockets.

plus he can't shoot so he's useless to howard.

king4day
12-17-2013, 08:06 PM

Rondo and filler

For

I don't think you'll find a better deal than that. You will never get equal value but in that deal, you are getting a ton of assets that could help Boston's future. Whether they keep or trade them.

IMO, that's way too much as it is for Rondo. Prime or not.

KingPosey
12-17-2013, 08:20 PM

Rondo and filler

For

If I'm the Kings I don't do that because Rondo isn't worth that. Let alone more.

mrblisterdundee
12-17-2013, 08:42 PM
How about sending Rajon Rondo and Jared Sullinger to Detroit for Brandon Jennings and Greg Monroe?
Boston drops Rondo's contract and receives a solid power forward/center and a passable point guard in Jennings. Detroit gets a defensive point guard who can feed Josh Smith and Andre Drummund all day long. I think Drummond and and Smith will be more effective without Monroe, who I think will also do a lot better as the go-to post option in Boston.

Dade County
12-17-2013, 08:54 PM
rondo can't shot the 3 though... I think Houston needs all 4 guys out there with Howard to be able to hit he 3.

Dade County
12-17-2013, 08:56 PM

So the ball is not going to be in Harden hands for the Marjory of the shot clock? Still a good lineup if they mesh.

bholly
12-17-2013, 09:11 PM
Until someone credible has it, it sounds like it's just guys repeating the same rumors that have been everywhere else the last few days, and which both the Kings and Celtics denied to Sam Amick.

c.c.
12-17-2013, 10:08 PM
Rondo? No way, Dwight Howard shoots better than him

Hawkeye15
12-17-2013, 10:10 PM
Morey would never be stupid enough to go after Rondo.

NYMetros
12-17-2013, 10:14 PM
Until someone credible has it, it sounds like it's just guys repeating the same rumors that have been everywhere else the last few days, and which both the Kings and Celtics denied to Sam Amick.

Donny Marshall is very credible, extremely plugged into the league, especially the Celtics

beliges
12-17-2013, 10:16 PM
Morey would never be stupid enough to go after Rondo.

Rondo is a stud. Not sure what most people here are talking about. The Rox with a healthy Rondo can be contenders.

bholly
12-17-2013, 10:21 PM
Donny Marshall is very credible, extremely plugged into the league, especially the Celtics

I meant someone with a track record of trade stuff - plenty of people talk to people and hear things, and I don't doubt his connections, but there's a tonne of stuff that gets talked about that never comes to anything, so I want to wait to hear it from one of the people with a track record of separating the good from the bad and knowing how far along things are.

He has, after-all, suggested a Rondo-Sacto trade before:

It’s important to note that Marshall has missed the mark on some Rondo predictions in the past. He said in December 2011 that Rondo was beginning to “wear his welcome out” and that a trade may have been nearing. He reiterated that stance later in the month, hinting that Sacramento could be the destination, but a trade never did come to fruition that year.
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/12/17/donny-marshall-rajon-rando-part-of-trade-brewing-between-celtics-kings/

I have no doubt he's hearing things, and he could be absolutely right, but I don't think we should put too much stock into it until some others start corroborating.

Hawkeye15
12-17-2013, 10:25 PM
Rondo is a stud. Not sure what most people here are talking about. The Rox with a healthy Rondo can be contenders.

no, he isn't. His over completely overrated. Has been for years. The Rockets need a low usage shooter at PG who can defend. They don't need a primadonna PG who only plays hard when he wants, and adds to the fact that they already have a garbage FT shooter on their roster.

Bruno
12-17-2013, 10:27 PM

if rondo was capable of hitting 37% of his threes on 2 makes a game, maybe.

dwight needs spacing and single coverage to operate in the post. he's completely ineffective if doubled. teams will cheat off rondo and make dwights life miserable. its not a good fit.

BenFrank
12-17-2013, 10:40 PM
People see Rondo's name and automatically assume the negatives of his game.. I'm more on the positive side of things if he ended up in a Rockets jersey.. like..

Driving the lane, and setting up teammates, finding Harden/Parsons for spot up 3's, Alley Oops.. to Dwight Howard
Running a team, He's a floor general.. he direct's guys into there spot so other people will be open for easy buckets
Defense, spark plug defensively.. Rockets could use more of that
Mid range shot, he may not be a 3 point threat.. but I have faith in his mid range, TP not making a ton of 3's
Finishes around the Basket, he caused so much attention in the paint, it leave shooters open

The positive's outweigh the good, and I would be estatic if Morey could pull that off.. if he's healthy

xnick5757
12-17-2013, 10:54 PM
depends on what rondo you think you're trading for.

if you think your trading for the rondo that's been in decline for a few years now, is a headcase, and a terrible shooter, than your're not going to give up much for him.

if you think the rondo you're getting is this one - http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201205300MIA.html

then you offer the world for him

SINCESTARBURY25
12-17-2013, 11:04 PM
Rondo on the Kings would be sick only if they keep Rudy Gay.

bagwell368
12-17-2013, 11:07 PM

Please. I wrote this earlier today in another thread:

Celt fan here. Rondo is hugely overrated. He's in the middle of all sorts of stupid emotional behavior. He takes way too many games off (like not on National TV). He's uncoachable (per Tubby Smith, Doc, Ainge, and Coach K also dislikes him a great deal). He's an awful FT shooter and doesn't penetrate much anymore because he gets crushed when he does. His last 4 years including this one are a big decline from his two best years 2008-2010. He's getting injured more and more. Crawford has played PG (a retread SG !!) better than Rondo has since 2009-2010. Last year after Rondo went down (5 game losing streak), Barbosa (a 3rd string PG) took them on a 7 game winning streak with the best offense the team played all year - until he went down.

Rondo for two #1's and various other pieces such as Thomas coming East - all day and every day.

Followed by:

Rondo's value on offense is almost all passing, so he dominates the ball and passes to aging superstars behind screens and they hit a J. Super tough. In his prime 5 years ago he was probably the 5th best PG in the NBA. In his last 3 he's been 11th, 14th, 14th. He's no superstar and never was. In his title year he was the 6th or 7th key guy on the team and got sat in the Finals in the 4th quarter a few times.

It's my team. I watch him on local TV in December when he posts a 5/9/3 with 5 TOV's and brutal shooting numbers, and no effort on D. Please. Watch the local game or at least the stats or stop saying things that have no basis in fact. Rondo's D sucked last year all year BTW, so I know you didn't watch him much.

Moving Rondo is a must do for the Celts.

bagwell368
12-17-2013, 11:08 PM
if you think the rondo you're getting is this one - http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201205300MIA.html

then you offer the world for him

Any GM stupid enough to see a player through the single peak game of his career is an idiot and deserves what they get.

xnick5757
12-17-2013, 11:10 PM
Any GM stupid enough to see a player through the single peak game of his career is an idiot and deserves what they get.

which is why he's likely not going to the rockets

the kings on the other hand, new owner, looking to make a splash? idk

personally I think the celtics end up holding onto him

tr3ymill3r
12-17-2013, 11:26 PM
I'd be all over a Rondo, Harden, Parsons, Bass, Howard lineup. I don't think that will go down, but I know the Rockets would love to upgrade the PG position as well as the PF spot.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-18-2013, 12:39 AM
holy **** that would be the best trade ever if Boston trades with Kings

shep33
12-18-2013, 12:46 AM
Why are teams willing to overpay for Rondo?

jsthornton7
12-18-2013, 04:21 AM
Why are teams willing to overpay for Rondo?

I don't know, but rumors are starting to intensify that Boston has been increasingly more aggressive in their pursuit of Omer Asik.

They may not have to give up Rondo, but I guess we'll have to wait and see...

SeoulBeatz
12-18-2013, 05:25 AM

Rondo and filler

For

Freal? I think that's a pretty damn good deal for Boston.

sammyvine
12-18-2013, 07:11 AM
Please. I wrote this earlier today in another thread:

Celt fan here. Rondo is hugely overrated. He's in the middle of all sorts of stupid emotional behavior. He takes way too many games off (like not on National TV). He's uncoachable (per Tubby Smith, Doc, Ainge, and Coach K also dislikes him a great deal). He's an awful FT shooter and doesn't penetrate much anymore because he gets crushed when he does. His last 4 years including this one are a big decline from his two best years 2008-2010. He's getting injured more and more. Crawford has played PG (a retread SG !!) better than Rondo has since 2009-2010. Last year after Rondo went down (5 game losing streak), Barbosa (a 3rd string PG) took them on a 7 game winning streak with the best offense the team played all year - until he went down.

Rondo for two #1's and various other pieces such as Thomas coming East - all day and every day.

Followed by:

Rondo's value on offense is almost all passing, so he dominates the ball and passes to aging superstars behind screens and they hit a J. Super tough. In his prime 5 years ago he was probably the 5th best PG in the NBA. In his last 3 he's been 11th, 14th, 14th. He's no superstar and never was. In his title year he was the 6th or 7th key guy on the team and got sat in the Finals in the 4th quarter a few times.

It's my team. I watch him on local TV in December when he posts a 5/9/3 with 5 TOV's and brutal shooting numbers, and no effort on D. Please. Watch the local game or at least the stats or stop saying things that have no basis in fact. Rondo's D sucked last year all year BTW, so I know you didn't watch him much.

Moving Rondo is a must do for the Celts.

Doc never said bad things about Rondo..and how does Coach K hate him? Doc just said he could be challenging but he was great to work with....Nothing wrong with that.

To many posters act like they are actually around players and coaches....

GoferKing_
12-18-2013, 08:29 AM
First of all the Kings can't deal draft pick till 2018, so this is BS.

Secondary, I. Thomas, B. Maclemore, J. Thompson, M. Thornton and 2 future firsts? Really? I don't think believe that we would be that stupid to be left with one SG (Jimmer?!) and trade Maclemore, really? Even if we get Crawford I say it is not worth it, because we would not have a consistent threat form 3, no one.

You can put those rumors to sleep. It ain't happening.

KingPosey
12-18-2013, 08:45 AM
I do not want him in Sac, that is a complete over pay of its anything approaching that.

But Rondo makes no sense in Houston, he has the exact opposite skill set and weaknesses from what they actually need from the PG spot.

Heediot
12-18-2013, 08:52 AM
Coaches typically prefer veterans. Bass would be a nice compliment to Howards inside game with his mid rangers. I would start Bass over Jones

Rondo is not going to Houston however. Danny wants picks and Houstons draft picks would be late first rounders

Another guy that knows **** all about Terence Jones.

KingPosey
12-18-2013, 08:53 AM
I hope this kings wouldn't give up every single trade asset they could have over the next few years to rent Rondo. We literally wouldn't have a single piece to trade for value after that and I pretty sure we can't trade a first at the moment.

Every single time a trade comes up with Sac, Boston is involved and everyone always think they can literally have every single person they want and picks. its ****ing absurd.

Heediot
12-18-2013, 08:56 AM
**** the advanced stats, I'd take Rondo on my team any day. Dude plays with fire and has intangibles. He is fearless and you need that on your team. He may be a head-ache but he doesn't shrink to the moment and been critical in critical playoff games for the Celtics.

bagwell368
12-18-2013, 09:45 AM
People see Rondo's name and automatically assume the negatives of his game.. I'm more on the positive side of things if he ended up in a Rockets jersey.. like..

Driving the lane, and setting up teammates, finding Harden/Parsons for spot up 3's, Alley Oops.. to Dwight Howard
Running a team, He's a floor general.. he direct's guys into there spot so other people will be open for easy buckets
Defense, spark plug defensively.. Rockets could use more of that

His D fell of a cliff last year. He's been in decline since 2009-2010. You need to watch his non national TV games more, which he is distinctly less invested in. He doesn't drive as much as he did because he gets killed since he can't hit FT's, too bad, he was good at it. He's routinely the worst starting PG in terms of his shooting, picked it up last year to the low 20's.

Mid range shot, he may not be a 3 point threat.. but I have faith in his mid range, TP not making a ton of 3's Finishes around the Basket, he caused so much attention in the paint, it leave shooters open

Historically his mid range shot sucks. The players concerned with him in the paint are bigs looking to lay him on the floor.

Last year Barbosa ran the team much better when Rondo went down. This year Crawford that retread SG is playing better than any year Rondo has had since 2009-2010. So then, how great is Rondo again?

The positive's outweigh the good, and I would be estatic if Morey could pull that off.. if he's healthy

Hope you have the GM's ear, but I think Rondo goes to the Kings and Bass and a #1 go the the Rockets for Asik.

bagwell368
12-18-2013, 09:46 AM
Freal? I think that's a pretty damn good deal for Boston.

x2 - that can't be on the table, because Ainge would have taken it with 3 seconds worth of thinking. Big win for Boston.

bagwell368
12-18-2013, 09:49 AM
**** the advanced stats, I'd take Rondo on my team any day.

Watch him much on local Boston TV when he's not on TNT? Have you checked out how many games for injuries and suspensions he has had the last 4 seasons?

His game has been in decline since 2009-2010. Last year his mid range shooting got better - but - his D dropped more than enough to wipe it out.

Dude plays with fire and has intangibles. He is fearless and you need that on your team. He may be a head-ache but he doesn't shrink to the moment and been critical in critical playoff games for the Celtics.

He is afraid of shooting. He is afraid of not leading the league in assists which is why he passes up bunnies to rack up more assists.

bagwell368
12-18-2013, 09:52 AM
How about sending Rajon Rondo and Jared Sullinger to Detroit for Brandon Jennings and Greg Monroe?
Boston drops Rondo's contract and receives a solid power forward/center and a passable point guard in Jennings. Detroit gets a defensive point guard who can feed Josh Smith and Andre Drummund all day long. I think Drummond and and Smith will be more effective without Monroe, who I think will also do a lot better as the go-to post option in Boston.

No thanks on Sullinger. You can have Bass, we'll take a crap contract (or two) back to even it up, and I'll even toss in a projected late 1st rounder (say the Clips pick next year).

With Rondo added to your team you'll have one of the worst FT shooting teams since the early 60's.

bagwell368
12-18-2013, 09:57 AM
Doc never said bad things about Rondo..and how does Coach K hate him? Doc just said he could be challenging but he was great to work with....Nothing wrong with that.

To many posters act like they are actually around players and coaches....

I have pointers to quotes when Doc labelled Rondo "uncoachable" - and i've posted them at least 4 times in the Celts Forum over the last 3 years. Once Rondo got upset enough about Ainge publicly floating him in trade comments and Doc and Ainge both dissing him - it stopped publicly, but according to the local plugged in scribes Doc split in part due to Rondo, just like Ray Allen did.

Coach K loathes Rondo because of how he behaved and then ducked out of the US team with a phoney excuse when he was about to be cut in favor of Westbrook - not to mention that he doesn't accept coaching.

I played D1, and used to play pick up with Celt players. I have no current "in" to the Celts, but I have a pretty good idea of what goes on, and I collect comments from articles, and radio and TV for my team - the Celts - for over 45 years. My take is as good or better than any other Celt fan on PSD.

Crackadalic
12-18-2013, 09:59 AM
Rondo would honestly change the dynamic of that rockets team since rondo isn't much of a shooter

bagwell368
12-18-2013, 10:02 AM
I hope this kings wouldn't give up every single trade asset they could have over the next few years to rent Rondo. We literally wouldn't have a single piece to trade for value after that and I pretty sure we can't trade a first at the moment.

Every single time a trade comes up with Sac, Boston is involved and everyone always think they can literally have every single person they want and picks. its ****ing absurd.

That's often true, but since the report comes out of a media member with very close ties in Boston, it should be taken with more seriousness than most 14 year old fantasy deals.

OTOH the Kings are getting screwed in this deal. I can see one of the young G's coming to Boston, but not both - unless Bradley is also going to the Kings. The named bigs are all crap, just to balance off the money and get some years off the Kings neck. Can't see the Kings dealing away two picks unprotected that might be huge. could become a 3 way deal where the Celts pick up a decent #1 over the next few years (but not '14).

bagwell368
12-18-2013, 10:06 AM
I'd be all over a Rondo, Harden, Parsons, Bass, Howard lineup. I don't think that will go down, but I know the Rockets would love to upgrade the PG position as well as the PF spot.

I like you. To me Rondo and Harden don't seem to fit well.

Rondo to the Kings seems to make much more sense.

Swashcuff
12-18-2013, 10:48 AM

Rondo and filler

For

:laugh2:

Could you please suggest what "more" would look like. Isaiah Thomas himself has potential to be a better player than Rondo is (given his steady improvement every year in the league its certainly possible), Ben is another high upside player at worst he'd be a solid rotational player on the perimeter, Thompson and Thornton are useful for trade purposes later on this season and the two picks are likely to be lottery picks out West unless the Kings do a whole lot more than Rondo and Gay next to Cousins.

There is no possible way you get more than that for Rondo.

Swashcuff
12-18-2013, 10:52 AM
Rondo would honestly change the dynamic of that rockets team since rondo isn't much of a shooter

Change the dynamic in what way? Beverley also plays more than 30 minutes a game and he isn't much of a shooter. I don't think Rondo's would fit too well with Harden but you'd think he'd be good for Dwight who is IMO the X-Factor for Houston's success.

Crackadalic
12-18-2013, 11:16 AM
Change the dynamic in what way? Beverley also plays more than 30 minutes a game and he isn't much of a shooter. I don't think Rondo's would fit too well with Harden but you'd think he'd be good for Dwight who is IMO the X-Factor for Houston's success.

He's also coming off a injury and the rockets play at a faster pace. It's gonna take a while for him to even fit in. If they ran a slow down half court set maybe but idk man

Rondo is more effective with the ball in his hand and that will affect Harden.

nickdymez
12-18-2013, 02:12 PM
on 2nd thought, dont like a rondo harden backcorut, both need the ball

see nash/kobe.

I think Kobe and Nash played a total of 8 games together.

jstone0716
12-18-2013, 05:41 PM
I hate Rondo but I think if they can get him for the right price it would be a pretty good fit seeing as how offense isn't really that huge of a deal for them. Dwight isn't THAT dominant in the paint they don't NEED to have 4 shooters on the court with him. Dwight/Rondo driving pick and roll would be pretty good, he's no slouch on D, and I think playing for a high caliber team would bring the best out of him ( as stupid as that is ).

If they want some absurd trade like the Sac rumors than screw him but if they would take Lin & Beverly for Rondo that would be more than fair. And then trade Asik, Montiejunas & a pick for Millsap

Rondo - Harden - Parsons - Millsap - Howard

They wouldn't be very deep but Caspi, Jones, Brooks & Garcia are decent backups and there's still some alright free agents out there.

bagwell368
12-18-2013, 05:48 PM
^ Rondo doesn't fit in Houston.

I devalue Rondo more than almost any Celt fan, but Lin and Beverley is a straight joke.

jstone0716
12-18-2013, 05:57 PM
^ Rondo doesn't fit in Houston.

I devalue Rondo more than almost any Celt fan, but Lin and Beverley is a straight joke.

Alright squirt. You're the expert.

Sportfan
12-18-2013, 06:41 PM
I would do jumping jacks if we got that deal for Rondo

Hell, even if it was IT/Mclemore and the 2 picks I'd still do it.

bagwell368
12-18-2013, 07:25 PM
I would do jumping jacks if we got that deal for Rondo

Hell, even if it was IT/Mclemore and the 2 picks I'd still do it.

x2

mightybosstone
12-18-2013, 07:44 PM
The Rondo deal mentioned by OP is a horrible, horrible deal for Houston. If I'm Daryl Morey and Ainge offers that, I hang up the phone mid-sentence. Rondo is insanely overrated and would be a horrible fit in Houston next to Harden.

The deal that Woj keeps mentioning currently on the table is Bass, Lee and a 1st rounder for Asik. That deal makes far more sense for both teams, and I'm very pleased with that haul at this point. Bass is an excellent bench big who can get 25-30 minutes playing PF behind Jones and getting a little time as a small ball 5. Lee played his best basketball in Houston and would be a much better fit on this roster than he's been in since he left. And any first round pick thrown in would be solid, especially if it's Boston's 2014 first rounder.

We'll see what the deal ends up being, but I'm pleased with where the rumors are at right now. It doesn't make Houston substantially better, but it certainly makes them a better, deeper basketball team.

celtics 34
12-18-2013, 07:55 PM
The Rondo deal mentioned by OP is a horrible, horrible deal for Houston. If I'm Daryl Morey and Ainge offers that, I hang up the phone mid-sentence. Rondo is insanely overrated and would be a horrible fit in Houston next to Harden.

The deal that Woj keeps mentioning currently on the table is Bass, Lee and a 1st rounder for Asik. That deal makes far more sense for both teams, and I'm very pleased with that haul at this point. Bass is an excellent bench big who can get 25-30 minutes playing PF behind Jones and getting a little time as a small ball 5. Lee played his best basketball in Houston and would be a much better fit on this roster than he's been in since he left. And any first round pick thrown in would be solid, especially if it's Boston's 2014 first rounder.

We'll see what the deal ends up being, but I'm pleased with where the rumors are at right now. It doesn't make Houston substantially better, but it certainly makes them a better, deeper basketball team.
Pretty low chance it is the celtics 2014 pick

mightybosstone
12-18-2013, 07:59 PM
Pretty low chance it is the celtics 2014 pick

I also think it's unlikely, but I wouldn't rule it out, especially if the Rockets add some pieces to sweeten the deal. They have a TON of second round picks and a few young prospects.

celtics 34
12-18-2013, 08:00 PM
I also think it's unlikely, but I wouldn't rule it out, especially if the Rockets add some pieces to sweeten the deal. They have a TON of second round picks and a few young prospects.

Anything is possible that's for sure

smith&wesson
12-18-2013, 08:19 PM
I think rondo will be a king with cousins. I see rudy gay will be part of the trade somehow. If bostons rebuilding they can use his 19 million expiring contract next season.

xxplayerxx23
12-18-2013, 09:15 PM
Gay will stay with the kings

Swashcuff
12-18-2013, 10:38 PM
He's also coming off a injury and the rockets play at a faster pace. It's gonna take a while for him to even fit in. If they ran a slow down half court set maybe but idk man

Rondo is more effective with the ball in his hand and that will affect Harden.

While I may not be as high on Rondo as some are I honestly don't see him fitting into their offense once he's healthy (and if he's good enough to play then that should mean he is healthy). Rondo is very capable of running an offense. I just think the most important player for Houston's success would be Dwight.

Ebbs
12-18-2013, 10:41 PM

Rondo and filler

For

lolllllll If the Celtics can get that haul for Rondo do it right now. That's stupid over pay for Rondo.

Goose17
12-19-2013, 05:24 AM
Rondo and Gay have always been vocal about wanting to play together.

bagwell368
12-19-2013, 08:24 AM
lolllllll If the Celtics can get that haul for Rondo do it right now. That's stupid over pay for Rondo.

Even better Sac's owner is said to be crazy about Rondo. If they can score two #1's (even long in the future) to unburden themselves of Rondo's contract and future extension, and pull off the Asik for Bass/Lee and a #1 - it would be great. Trader Danny is back and he's got a fistfull of picks through about 2021 to work with. Celts can at least be a force in the East by '17 if things are handled well.