PDA

View Full Version : MKG on the table

Stunner
12-17-2013, 10:08 AM
Rumor is once he's back they will put him on the block to improve the team now . So a trade of MKG and Ben Gordon for the Deng and Mike Dunleavy makes a ton of sense . Not to mention cats will get a lil more cap space and increase their chances of making the playoffs and add two good locker room players . Deng has been going under the radar this year and has been the 5th or how some people look at it 4th most productive SF this year every since Rose got hurt . Mike adds a more consistent shooter to the roster as well . Bulls get young value back and I really want to see Thibs and MKG together . Not to mention increases the chance of the Bulls getting two lotto picks this year . http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=10144499&src=desktop

MonroeFAN
12-17-2013, 10:18 AM
Just don't see him returning that much. Shame, I wanted him pretty badly when he was in school.

Heediot
12-17-2013, 10:20 AM
Needs to go to a team that just needs him to be like Tony Allen at the 3. I think Utah or even in division ATL (Don't know if MJ would trade him there) are good fits.

Stunner
12-17-2013, 10:28 AM
ATL and Utah are good spots but if they're looking to improve like they're saying idk who they have to send to be honest without sending a starter . Jazz has what Alec Burks and ATL ummm idk nobody lol they like Korver and Williams .

DreamShaker
12-17-2013, 10:31 AM
If I was the Cavs, I would jump on that. Offer Waiters.

Stunner
12-17-2013, 10:32 AM
Just don't see him returning that much. Shame, I wanted him pretty badly when he was in school.

I think the Bulls would do for the purpose of trying to get back into the hunt faster next year . As the season is looking it's gonna be bad . Bulls are out the playoffs right now . If we can help the cats win enough just to not the playoffs or make it and get their pick this year and in a process gain a young prospect and increase or lotto chances I think they might . I don't think Deng will budge from him wanting the contract the bulls aren't willing to give . But based on the talent pool and production MJ most def pay Deng .

2-ONE-5
12-17-2013, 10:34 AM
bring him to Philly. ET and Hawes for MKG, McRoberts and a pick

ManRam
12-17-2013, 10:36 AM
I wasn't a huge fan of his out of college, perhaps because I'm such a Beal fan...but I'd be fine if the Magic made a move for him. I'm a little worried about his future because he literally has no three point shot, and that's something that can keep hyper-athletic and strong defenders in the league for a long time. But still, why not?

If the market is drier than we hope, I wouldn't hate packaging a deal involving Afflalo for him. I'm usually pretty pessimistic with trades and never shoot for the moon, so maybe this is too much for him. But I'd do something like Afflalo and Davis for Gordon and Gilchrist. That would help Charlotte out a TON. We'd shed cap and get a young guy whose career maybe just needs a change of scenery. Davis and Afflalo are upgrades for the Cats...and aren't terrible contracts at all.

mdm692
12-17-2013, 10:52 AM
Make it happen McDonough. Hornacek can teach him how to shoot.

b_russ
12-17-2013, 11:49 AM

He's worked since summer league with Mark Price on it. I don't know if Hornacek would be much better, and this is coming from a Jazz fan.

Speaking of which, I'd love it if we could get him.

mightybosstone
12-17-2013, 01:07 PM
Chris Sheridan had a few possible trade ideas for Asik, one of which was Biyombo and MKG. As a Rockets fan, I'm lukewarm on the idea only because I'm not sure how MKG would fit into the lineup. Parsons is as solid a SF as there is in the NBA and Harden obviously has SG on lockdown. But given how the Rockets love to try various lineups and play a lot of small ball, I could see MKG getting 25-30 minutes off bench with Parsons moving to a stretch 4 in various lineups, sort of like how they play Francisco Garcia at times.

I think MKG has the potential to be an elite glue guy and role player on a contending team in his career because of his athleticism and defense. The key for him will be finding the right fit for the right team.

king4day
12-17-2013, 01:44 PM
Isn't his value at an alltime low right now? Waiters for MKG is probably the best trade idea mentioned.

Tony_Starks
12-17-2013, 01:57 PM
I don't see them getting too much of a return. Unless they're willing to take back a vet and a pick from a contender...

COOLbeans
12-17-2013, 02:34 PM
The Lakers should move Nick Young or another one of their shooters for him. Or the Waiters for MKG sounds about right..

Lakers + Giants
12-17-2013, 03:03 PM
The Lakers should move Nick Young or another one of their shooters for him. Or the Waiters for MKG sounds about right..

I'd be down.

ManRam
12-17-2013, 03:03 PM
Isn't his value at an alltime low right now? Waiters for MKG is probably the best trade idea mentioned.

Seems like that trade is just treading water for both sides...especially for Cleveland. Doesn't seem to really help either out. Basically just hoping that the guy you trade for pans out and the guy you give away doesn't.

Tony_Starks
12-17-2013, 03:14 PM
I'd be down.

They could have Meeks but not Swag P. He's our most consistent offensive player and his D has improved...

Bishnoff
12-17-2013, 06:41 PM

He'd be a good fit for us, but who could we afford to give up for him? If the Bobcats want to "improve now" they're probably going to find preferred offers than our picks.

True Sports Fan
12-17-2013, 07:48 PM
Some of the offers in this thread are terrible..

Bishnoff
12-17-2013, 09:49 PM
Some of the offers in this thread are terrible..

What do you believe is a fair offer?

D-Leethal
12-17-2013, 10:47 PM
Hopefully he doesn't fall off.

Phenomenonsense
12-17-2013, 10:50 PM
bring him to Philly. ET and Hawes for MKG, McRoberts and a pick

You can't honestly think that TWO expiring contracts in any way brings you a pick?

Raps18-19 Champ
12-17-2013, 10:54 PM
I hate Machine Gun Kelly.

xnick5757
12-17-2013, 10:58 PM
I wasn't a huge fan of his out of college, perhaps because I'm such a Beal fan...but I'd be fine if the Magic made a move for him. I'm a little worried about his future because he literally has no three point shot, and that's something that can keep hyper-athletic and strong defenders in the league for a long time. But still, why not?

If the market is drier than we hope, I wouldn't hate packaging a deal involving Afflalo for him. I'm usually pretty pessimistic with trades and never shoot for the moon, so maybe this is too much for him. But I'd do something like Afflalo and Davis for Gordon and Gilchrist. That would help Charlotte out a TON. We'd shed cap and get a young guy whose career maybe just needs a change of scenery. Davis and Afflalo are upgrades for the Cats...and aren't terrible contracts at all.

you would trade a (borderline) top 5 SG for MKG? seems like an overpay to me

*Silver&Black*
12-17-2013, 11:07 PM
Would love for him to fill that SF void on the Hawks (and with the Spurs style we have picked up with coach Bud, would be an ideal situation for him as a defensive wing in this line-up).

We could only offer Millsap, picks, also maybe if you want to talk Dennis Schroder or John Jenkins. I'm not sold on Teague, but I doubt a trade involving him with no PG coming back is going to happen.

Maybe if there was a 3-way trade worked up with Bobcats/Hawks/Rockets where Rockets get Millsap, Bobcats gets some picks and nice young players, and Hawks get Asik and MKG to fill the SF and C voids.

Teague/Korver/MKG/Horford/Asik would be a good line-up.

Since Asik doesn't = Millsap, how about:

Rockets receive P. Millsap from Hawks
Bobcats receive T. Jones from Rockets, J. Jenkins and a 1st round pick from Hawks
Hawks receive O. Asik from Rockets, M. Kidd-Gilchrist from Bobcats

koreancabbage
12-17-2013, 11:23 PM
I think MKG is similar and younger version of Deng lol - so ya, Deng is a solid 3rd option b/c his real value is defense and making the shots as the game comes to him. that could be MKG's ceiling

Swashcuff
12-18-2013, 10:55 AM
Waiters for him doesn't make much sense IMO. Waiters is already an undersized 2 which they already have plenty of. He also wants to be the best player on whatever team he goes to not sure how that will sit with Walker. I'd like the 76ers to get on this and trade Evan for MKG (to pair with MCW) but even so I don't think Evan is of any benefit to them either. He's too ball dominant, doesn't offer great spacing and is piss poor defensively all of which will not help them win right now.

2-ONE-5
12-18-2013, 11:48 AM
You can't honestly think that TWO expiring contracts in any way brings you a pick?

Turner is restriced and MKG hass little value at the moment. Both players help Bobcats try to win now and in the future if they keep ET. Just throwing something reasonable out there to get it started.