PDA

View Full Version : On December 20th, who is Omer Asik playing for?

Rockets Fanatic
12-16-2013, 07:02 PM
My 2 guesses are either Boston (Jeff Green/1st) or Atlanta (Millsap), but I am thinking Philly and Charlotte are right there in the mix too. This trade could really shape the Western Conference depending on what the Rockets get.

JNA17
12-16-2013, 07:03 PM
Rockets. Prepare to be very disappointed.

ThaDubs
12-16-2013, 07:04 PM
Asik is not worth either of those

jerellh528
12-16-2013, 07:05 PM
It doesnt matter much, he wouldnt shake up anything of note. Unless he's packaged in a bigger deal

alexander_37
12-16-2013, 07:14 PM
Asik is not worth either of those

Yeah he is worth more. Unless it's Bostons pick. Jeff Green and a non lottery pick is kinda fair.

WARRIORS@GR
12-16-2013, 07:32 PM
Yeah he is worth more. Unless it's Bostons pick. Jeff Green and a non lottery pick is kinda fair.No he is not.Paul Millsap>>>>>Asik,Grenn+1st>>>>>Asik.

NoahH
12-16-2013, 07:39 PM
No way Asik is worth Millsap or Jeff Green and a pick!

Rockets Fanatic
12-16-2013, 07:41 PM
regardless,

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/

leprechaun5
12-16-2013, 07:45 PM
It's pretty hard to believe that danny can be that dumb to give a first rounder and green for Asik .

DR_1
12-16-2013, 07:52 PM
I doubt he goes to Boston. Atlanta makes so much sense for both teams though.

Tony_Starks
12-16-2013, 08:01 PM
Houston or Philly. Ainge and what's his face in ATL aren't that stupid.

They can take Hawes or Young and be grateful....

bholly
12-16-2013, 08:02 PM
In a vacuum Asik is more valuable than Jeff Green, but over all he's the kind of player whose value is going to depend a lot on what the team already has and how he fits in.

Also, something to keep in mind - draft order is based on record and doesn't take into account seedings - so if the Celtics win the Atlantic and get a top 4 seed, their pick could still be in the mid teens.

xxplayerxx23
12-16-2013, 08:15 PM
Green>asik he's overrated

DreamShaker
12-16-2013, 08:38 PM
Asik, to me, is like a Turkish Wilt Chamberlain just waiting to be unleashed. Minnesota for Love and 2 or 3 firsts would be a steal for the Wolves.

DreamShaker
12-16-2013, 08:39 PM
Green>asik he's overrated

Shhhhhhhhh.

ThaDubs
12-16-2013, 08:44 PM
Asik is real beast with his below league average WS/48 and 10 PER.

DreamShaker
12-16-2013, 09:02 PM

In all honesty, those stats don't mean much. He has barely played this year due to the messy Howard situation. When he has played, it's been a terrible chemistry situation. Last year he was a top 10 center.

WARRIORS@GR
12-16-2013, 09:09 PM
He's a top 17-20 C,which is not enough to give you Millsap or Green.

ackar
12-16-2013, 09:10 PM
I am predicting he will be in you guessed it Houston. They want to much and the vibe to me is they pissed off a lot of team execs with their outlandish request.

ThaDubs
12-16-2013, 09:19 PM
In all honesty, those stats don't mean much. He has barely played this year due to the messy Howard situation. When he has played, it's been a terrible chemistry situation. Last year he was a top 10 center.

Al Horford, Boogie, Andre Drummond, D12, Roy Hibbert, Pekovic, J Noah, DJ, Brook Lopez, Spencer Hawes all better than him right now.

shep33
12-16-2013, 09:22 PM
ATL would be idiots to trade Milsap after signing him for a bargain deal

WARRIORS@GR
12-16-2013, 09:24 PM
Al Horford, Boogie, Andre Drummond, D12, Roy Hibbert, Pekovic, J Noah, DJ, Brook Lopez, Spencer Hawes all better than him right now.Bogut,Marc Gasol,Big Al,Pekovic,Sanders.

I'd take all of those guys ahead of Asik.

ThaDubs
12-16-2013, 09:25 PM
ATL would be idiots to trade Milsap after signing him for a bargain deal

Trading Millsap for Asik is a bad move no matter what.

ThaDubs
12-16-2013, 09:26 PM
Bogut,Marc Gasol,Big Al,Pekovic,Sanders.

Yup, those guys to, I just had too much swag to type their names.

DreamShaker
12-16-2013, 09:50 PM
Bogut,Marc Gasol,Big Al,Pekovic,Sanders.

Al Horford, Boogie, Andre Drummond, D12, Roy Hibbert, Pekovic, J Noah, DJ, Brook Lopez, Spencer Hawes all better than him right now.

He is a better defender and rebounder than most of those guys. That is his value. Should have said defensive center, even though I don't agree with a few of those guys. He is obviously limited on offense. I just hope we get SOMETHING for him. A guy like Green would be huge. Although I can see where you guys are skepics.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
12-16-2013, 09:51 PM
Don't see it being the Celtics because they don't wanna pay the luxury tax these next couple of seasons.

Hawkeye15
12-16-2013, 09:53 PM
My 2 guesses are either Boston (Jeff Green/1st) or Atlanta (Millsap), but I am thinking Philly and Charlotte are right there in the mix too. This trade could really shape the Western Conference depending on what the Rockets get.

that makes the most sense of any trade I can think of. It would help both teams immensely.

Hawkeye15
12-16-2013, 09:55 PM
He is a better defender and rebounder than most of those guys. That is his value. Should have said defensive center, even though I don't agree with a few of those guys. He is obviously limited on offense. I just hope we get SOMETHING for him. A guy like Green would be huge. Although I can see where you guys are skepics.

Asik's value is on the defensive end, for sure. But he has a reasonable contract, and has shown he can at least be an above average starting center if you have offense despite him. Asik is underrated statistically, because stats are mostly offensive based.

WES KOAST
12-16-2013, 11:20 PM
I say asik stays in Houston. they are trying to dictate terms when every team has the upper hand and the rockets are in no position to negotiate.

Tony_Starks
12-16-2013, 11:58 PM
They're saying Boston has no interest in trading Green for Asik.... as they shouldn't.

sixer04fan
12-17-2013, 12:50 AM
The reports are saying it could be a three team deal with Philly and Boston.

I can see a type of deal where Boston gets Asik, Houston gets Bass and either Hawes or Thad, and Philly gets a 1st rounder from Boston and takes on one of Boston's contract dumps like Gerald Wallace or Kris Humphries. With some other spare moving parts in the background.

Houston gets some solid role players on modest contracts that can compliment Dwight fairly well and provide good depth in the front court. Boston gets Asik for Bass and a first. Rondo/Asik is a very respectable PG/C starting point for a team that's retooling, not tanking. And they get to dump either Humphries or Wallace on Philly to seal the deal. And with Philly being below the salary floor, they can afford to take on Humphries or Wallace, while getting to trade away one of the vets for another first round pick.

TheMightyHumph
12-17-2013, 01:08 AM
Whichever team is responsible to pay his contract.

PacersForLife
12-17-2013, 01:25 AM
I feel like a lot of people overrate Asik. To me he's a better version of Robin Lopez. (I'm not basing this comparison off of any stats or anything, just by watching them.) Not worth Green or Millsap imo.

mightybosstone
12-17-2013, 01:40 AM
At this point it's impossible to tell, mainly because most sources are saying that it's a three-team deal that Houston has on the table. I'd like to think that Asik will land in the Eastern Conference, but I legitimately would not be super surprised to wake up tomorrow and find that he's playing for almost any of the other 29 teams in the league.

Personally, as long as it's a deal that makes Houston better now and over the remainder of Dwight and Harden's contracts, I'll be thrilled. I just hope it happens soon so the Rockets can begin integrating the new player or players as soon as possible.

Asik's better
12-17-2013, 02:24 AM
jonathan feigen has been saying that it will be a complicated three way deal. A lot of moving parts. That tells me that Dmo, brooks and Garcia may be involved as well.

RollingWave
12-17-2013, 06:01 AM
In a vacuum Asik is more valuable than Jeff Green, but over all he's the kind of player whose value is going to depend a lot on what the team already has and how he fits in.

Also, something to keep in mind - draft order is based on record and doesn't take into account seedings - so if the Celtics win the Atlantic and get a top 4 seed, their pick could still be in the mid teens.

This is a good summary.

Essentially, Asik's value is quite high, Zach Lowe's recent article summerized that up well, in this league with the way it's currently constructed, post players are no longer the vogue but centers that can defend pick and roll and the paint in general like Asik and doesn't demand touches can be devastatingly effective on the most powerful teams, like OKC or Miami.

However, value in trade is relative to leverage. most of the teams that most desperately need Asik is either unlikely to be able to put together deals for him (see Miami), or the Rockets would be extremely reluctant in trading him to (see OKC) . most other teams could use Asik sure, but building a successful team around Asik require talented perimeter players, something not every team have, the bigger question with Asik to Boston for Green would be.... who the hell's scoring on that team? I think most of us agree that to make the playoffs, offense has more value than defense, but to win in the playoffs defense has more value than offense.

In the end, I think Asik certainly has value, but Houston's likely in a tough leverage situation. it's unlikely that they get a very fair deal out of this, if they get a good player, it probably means they're either taking back some bad contract as well, or throwing picks.

As for Green in particular though, he doesn't strike me as the type of player the Rockets would like in this situation.

I've repeated noted that I feel Amir Johnson would be the stealth target Houston target, because he fits everything that team likes and needs. getting Amir though, would require some serious tinkering.

If i'm to guess, I think Asik either ends up in Boston or Sacramento, but it'll be a 3 team trade.

For Boston one in particular, I'll guess it be something like

Asik to Boston

Motiejunas / Humphries / 2015 Clippers first (likely to be 20+) / Rockets 2015 2nd to Toronto

Amir and Fields to Rockets

this make more sense for what every team is looking to do, the 2015 Clipper pick's value isn't that high, late 1st turning into even rotation player would be a win, so that and the corpse of Humphries for Asik is a good trade for Boston, meanwhile, the Raptors get assets and lose bad deals in exchange for Amir, while the Rockets get the guy they really want, and lineup all their non-max deals to expire after next year.

PhillyFaninLA
12-17-2013, 07:40 AM
As a Sixers fan I don't get why we would trade for him. He will make $15 mil next year and we want the cap space and we have Moultrie and Noels. I don't see why adding that much in cap space in what could be a good free agent class would be worthwhile to us.

The take on Humphries or Wallace idea above, unless they are expiring contracts I would have no interest, its not going to put us in the direction we need.

Now a three team deal in which we trade Hawes or Thad and Turner and get Wieters and another young player or expiring fits what we are doing.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
12-17-2013, 08:07 AM
Glad the Bucks back away from Asik trade talks for Ersan Ilyasova.

c.c.
12-17-2013, 08:17 AM
jonathan feigen has been saying that it will be a complicated three way deal. A lot of moving parts. That tells me that Dmo, brooks and Garcia may be involved as well.

I hope he stays! Out of those three, Garcia is the most valuable player to our team.

c.c.
12-17-2013, 08:33 AM
This is a good summary.

Essentially, Asik's value is quite high, Zach Lowe's recent article summerized that up well, in this league with the way it's currently constructed, post players are no longer the vogue but centers that can defend pick and roll and the paint in general like Asik and doesn't demand touches can be devastatingly effective on the most powerful teams, like OKC or Miami.

However, value in trade is relative to leverage. most of the teams that most desperately need Asik is either unlikely to be able to put together deals for him (see Miami), or the Rockets would be extremely reluctant in trading him to (see OKC) . most other teams could use Asik sure, but building a successful team around Asik require talented perimeter players, something not every team have, the bigger question with Asik to Boston for Green would be.... who the hell's scoring on that team? I think most of us agree that to make the playoffs, offense has more value than defense, but to win in the playoffs defense has more value than offense.

In the end, I think Asik certainly has value, but Houston's likely in a tough leverage situation. it's unlikely that they get a very fair deal out of this, if they get a good player, it probably means they're either taking back some bad contract as well, or throwing picks.

As for Green in particular though, he doesn't strike me as the type of player the Rockets would like in this situation.

I've repeated noted that I feel Amir Johnson would be the stealth target Houston target, because he fits everything that team likes and needs. getting Amir though, would require some serious tinkering.

If i'm to guess, I think Asik either ends up in Boston or Sacramento, but it'll be a 3 team trade.

Asik to Boston

Motiejunas / Humphries / 2015 Clippers first (likely to be 20+) / Rockets 2015 2nd to Toronto

this make more sense for what every team is looking to do, the 2015 Clipper pick's value isn't that high, late 1st turning into even rotation player would be a win, so that and the corpse of Humphries for Asik is a good trade for Boston, meanwhile, the Raptors get assets and lose bad deals in exchange for Amir, while the Rockets get the guy they really want, and lineup all their non-max deals to expire after next year.

Asik won't start over Cousins, that's the problem in Houston. Asik wanna start so sending him to the Kings will made no sense.

fredv
12-17-2013, 09:26 AM
Defensive team that needs an anchor in the middle.

With a smart FO who knows analytics and what they're doing.

Highly doubt Charlotte has the kind of brains to think Asik has any value, like most of the ridiculous posts I read on here.

I would love write a long post filled with stats and graph's to show you 12 year olds why you are wrong, but I would be wasting my time.

Like Zach Lowe said: "it really takes a team stats-oriented to give you the kind of true assessment about Omer Asik's value". And I wouldn't expect most people on here to be stats-oriented.

I'm thinking Rockets get a backup center, young player on a rookie-scale contract, and a pick.
Probably send out D-Mo with Asik.

tr3ymill3r
12-17-2013, 10:12 AM

When has Daryl Morey ever lost a trade? Never

Asik isn't going to play for the Rockets based on his "injury" bruised ego. Therefore any player we get that can contribute will be a bigger help than Asik right now.

hugepatsfan
12-17-2013, 11:37 AM
This is a good summary.

Asik to Boston

Wow I think that's a really nice deal. Really solid trade IMO. However reports are Morey really wants a first round pick so IDK if they'd do that. Again though, really solid trade.

bholly
12-17-2013, 11:43 AM
As a Sixers fan I don't get why we would trade for him. He will make $15 mil next year and we want the cap space and we have Moultrie and Noels. I don't see why adding that much in cap space in what could be a good free agent class would be worthwhile to us.

The take on Humphries or Wallace idea above, unless they are expiring contracts I would have no interest, its not going to put us in the direction we need.

Now a three team deal in which we trade Hawes or Thad and Turner and get Wieters and another young player or expiring fits what we are doing.

FWIW, he only counts $8m towards the cap. If we added that amount without sending anything out we'd still have $20m+ in cap room, which is almost certainly more than we're going to use. If we send Thad out in the deal we're looking at more cap room than we would've had before the trade.

3RDASYSTEM
12-17-2013, 12:11 PM

See how that WS and PER work? it doesn't matter because we all know what he is capable of and limited to, it doesn't matter what his TS is, his game on the court shows it

just like it does for the players with the higher PER or TS

he is a below avg center in the 90's but in todays small ball era and him being capable of anchoring a 2nd unit defense and starters(1yr) has somehow put his value on par with better overall players but lack of big 7footers who can play D are hard to obtain but were a dime a dozen in 90's, of course he is a avg C, he put up 10 and 10-12 on a fast past team as full time starter with no plays ran for him basically, he is a ****** ****** ****** version of EATON at best, and EATON was beast on D end, he is like a complete opposite version of LONGLEY, LONGLEY could hit a mid range jumper but didn't have the D of ASIK, ASIK from my watching games has never attempted a mid range jumper, unless you count his FT shooting

so a modern day Defense version of LONGLEY is nothing to get out of bed for, in the 90's nor today

Chronz
12-17-2013, 12:23 PM
See how that WS and PER work? it doesn't matter because we all know what he is capable of and limited to, it doesn't matter what his TS is, his game on the court shows it

just like it does for the players with the higher PER or TS

he is a below avg center in the 90's but in todays small ball era and him being capable of anchoring a 2nd unit defense and starters(1yr) has somehow put his value on par with better overall players but lack of big 7footers who can play D are hard to obtain but were a dime a dozen in 90's, of course he is a avg C, he put up 10 and 10-12 on a fast past team as full time starter with no plays ran for him basically, he is a ****** ****** ****** version of EATON at best, and EATON was beast on D end, he is like a complete opposite version of LONGLEY, LONGLEY could hit a mid range jumper but didn't have the D of ASIK, ASIK from my watching games has never attempted a mid range jumper, unless you count his FT shooting

so a modern day Defense version of LONGLEY is nothing to get out of bed for, in the 90's nor today

u really suck at evaluating players. Longley was never elite at anything, Asik IS, and it comes in a facet of utmost importance, rim protection. He just sucks balls offensively and that (combined with the fact that the Rox dont want him playing for a contender) makes it harder to find a perfect fit for him.

jstone0716
12-17-2013, 12:28 PM
I can see him and someone else ( Motiejunas ) or a pick going to Atlanta for Millsap. Harford really wants to play PF. Forget comparing Millsap to Asik - they are a better team with Asik even if it's a straight up trade. But I think they could probably get a pick or a prospect out of the deal.

Not big on any of the other trade rumors being thrown out there. I wish he could some how land in Dallas.

Oh and on a side note... funny how you guys listed the "top 15 centers" in the league and somehow forgot to mention Tyson Chandler... who's arguable a top 5 center and ironically who Asik is most like.

Chronz
12-17-2013, 01:31 PM
Atlanta makes the most sense for both sides, but if reports are true about a 3-way then Im guessing the Hawks want alil more to sweeten the pot. Makes sense given they are trading out the best player but they know how intriguing a chip Asik is.

ManRam
12-17-2013, 01:38 PM

This is usually my go-to answer for anything trade-related.

I think there are teams that he could have a profound impact on. Portland is the most obvious one. Atlanta does make sense. He has value, but I think most of us always underestimate how hard it is to find a good deal that pleases both sides. I doubt he's traded right away. Maybe later in the season as a team gets more desperate...but on the 20th, I'd be a lot he's still in Houston.

If the Rockets can get Millsap? :drool:

MikefromMars
12-17-2013, 01:47 PM
This...

Knicks:
Asik, Lin

Pelicans:
Shump, Chandler, Casspi

Rockets:
Felton, R. Anderson, Aminu

Thoughts?

leprechaun5
12-17-2013, 02:10 PM
This...

Knicks:
Asik, Lin

Pelicans:
Shump, Chandler, Casspi

Rockets:

Thoughts?

James Dolan is stupid , but not that stupid i believe .Why would he do that ?Why ?

2-ONE-5
12-17-2013, 02:11 PM
Pels get worse in that. Anderson is perfect next to Davis.

amak316
12-17-2013, 02:27 PM
This...

Knicks:
Asik, Lin

Pelicans:
Shump, Chandler, Casspi

Rockets:

Thoughts?

I would love to see that trade for pretty much all teams, but James Dolan has way way too much ego to ever take Lin back. Lin will never play for the knicks again IMO.

I do think Lin will be traded with Asik though. His "back spasms" declaring him out for Wednesday 3 days early (when back spasms are usually a day to day thing) right after he just returned from injury reeks of the Rockets making sure he doesn't reinjure his knee and fail the physical nullifying a trade.

MikefromMars
12-17-2013, 03:13 PM
James Dolan is stupid , but not that stupid i believe .Why would he do that ?Why ?

Besides the poison pills at the end of the contracts, it's actually not too bad for Dolan. Gets him off the hook from Tyson's contract and replaces him with a younger and possibly equally talented C. It's an upgrade at PG, which they desperately need, because Felton has been horrible when healthy... and moving Shump gives THJ more room to shine.

CELTICS4LYFE
12-17-2013, 04:27 PM
I'd rather give them Bass than Green.

Think Bass fits better with Dwight too.

Ty_Lawson
12-17-2013, 04:33 PM
Denver Nuggets.

Wade n Fade
12-17-2013, 06:39 PM
How about this deal for Houston: Miami sends Joel Anthony, a 1st, Rashard Lewis, and a 2nd for Omer Asik? I like the deal for Houston since it gives them assets plus a bench player in Lewis and an expiring in Joel Anthony. Miami gets a defensive anchor in Asik.

WARRIORS@GR
12-17-2013, 06:46 PM
How about this deal for Houston: Miami sends Joel Anthony, a 1st, Rashard Lewis, and a 2nd for Omer Asik? I like the deal for Houston since it gives them assets plus a bench player in Lewis and an expiring in Joel Anthony. Miami gets a defensive anchor in Asik.Why would the Rockets trade their best asset for two garbage players and two worthless picks?They can get MUCH better than that.

Wade n Fade
12-17-2013, 06:49 PM
Why would the Rockets trade their best asset for two garbage players and two worthless picks?They can get MUCH better than that.

Philly's pick is not garbage. Lewis is vet shooter off the bench, a 2nd rounder in a loaded draft, Joel is an expiring, which teams covet. It gets them out of a bad contract with Asik.

WARRIORS@GR
12-17-2013, 06:53 PM
Philly's pick is not garbage. Lewis is vet shooter off the bench, a 2nd rounder in a loaded draft, Joel is an expiring, which teams covet. It gets them out of a bad contract with Asik.They already have vet shooters off the bench,and I doubt they care about expirings or cap space this year.They are trying to win.

Chronz
12-17-2013, 07:11 PM
Philly's pick is not garbage. Lewis is vet shooter off the bench, a 2nd rounder in a loaded draft, Joel is an expiring, which teams covet. It gets them out of a bad contract with Asik.

Asik doesn't have a bad contract and those picks dont help them win now, not only that but I highly doubt the salaries match. Garbage trade overall, Houston actually wants some assets

BenFrank
12-17-2013, 07:33 PM
I've heard all kind of Rumors these past few days..

Like Lin to Chicago, Asik to Boston, and Deng (exp) to Houston with a 1st

Never know which ones actually has a fire under it, but I know I've never been disappointed from a Morey trade as a Rockets fan

todu82
12-17-2013, 07:34 PM
Still with Houston.

2-ONE-5
12-17-2013, 11:25 PM

Sixers pick is garbage it is lottery protected pick for however many years and then turns into a 2nd i think

B'sCeltsPatsSox
12-17-2013, 11:50 PM
A-Woj says Celtics, Hawks, Cavs, 76ers and mystery team are all in the mix.

torocan
12-18-2013, 12:01 AM
A-Woj says Celtics, Hawks, Cavs, 76ers and mystery team are all in the mix.

Dang Woj and his teases...

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 21m
With Rockets determined to make Omer Asik deal within 48 hours, Hawks, Celtics, Cavs, 76ers most serious suitors, league sources tell Yahoo.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 16m
Beyond Atlanta, Boston, Cleveland and Philadelphia, I know there's one more significant team in Asik mix. "A wildcard," a source says.

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

I think Morey will get a pretty decent haul with that many teams in the mix.

And who's the Wild card?

RollingWave
12-18-2013, 01:22 AM

Asik count as 8.3m against the cap next year, for the 10000x time. And the likelihood of the Sixers getting serious FAs in this off season is laughably bad.

This is usually my go-to answer for anything trade-related.

I think there are teams that he could have a profound impact on. Portland is the most obvious one. Atlanta does make sense. He has value, but I think most of us always underestimate how hard it is to find a good deal that pleases both sides. I doubt he's traded right away. Maybe later in the season as a team gets more desperate...but on the 20th, I'd be a lot he's still in Houston.

If the Rockets can get Millsap? :drool:

the team that have the greatest marginal utility for Asik would be the Thunder or the Heat. if either get him, might as well book the victory parade.

Millsap fits almost any team well, including Houston, I'd argue that he's game doesn't fit in as well with Houston as we'd like, but clearly, he's the best player here.

This...

Knicks:
Asik, Lin

Pelicans:
Shump, Chandler, Casspi

Rockets:

Thoughts?

It make sense in terms of needs to some extend for the Rockets, mostly due to Aminu , but it's unlikely that Dolan can swallow taking back Lin, and I doubt anyone who likes Lin wish the Knicks on him heh. (and even his haters on the Rockets would realize that if you replace him with Felon your in deeeeep trouble.)

It is a lot more dubious on the Pelican's part though. they already have fit issue and this only makes it worse.

mjt20mik
12-18-2013, 03:21 AM
Dang Woj and his teases...

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 21m
With Rockets determined to make Omer Asik deal within 48 hours, Hawks, Celtics, Cavs, 76ers most serious suitors, league sources tell Yahoo.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 16m
Beyond Atlanta, Boston, Cleveland and Philadelphia, I know there's one more significant team in Asik mix. "A wildcard," a source says.

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

I think Morey will get a pretty decent haul with that many teams in the mix.

And who's the Wild card?

Could that wildcard be the Raptors?

RollingWave
12-18-2013, 05:13 AM
Could that wildcard be the Raptors?

That would seems logical, given that Amir would be someone the Rockets would really like, as I mentioned a couple pages ago, if Houston agree to also take Fields, give back Moteijunas, and a 2nd, and also swing Asik to a 3rd team for another first to the Raptors, that seem to make the most sense for every team involved.

GThawks
12-18-2013, 03:43 PM
that makes the most sense of any trade I can think of. It would help both teams immensely.

No Millsap>>>>Asik.

Some of these Rockets fans are delusional. Would you do any of these trades?

My immediate wish list for Asik:
1. Asik for Millsap and 2 Nets/Hawks pick swaps. Lin for Ilyasova. Sova/pick to Utah for Kanter. Then at the deadline Millsap/DMo/picks/Kanter for Love.
2. Asik for A.Bynum & 2 first rounders, Lin for Ilyasova then at the deadline Bynum/DMo/picks/Ilyasova for Love.
3. Asik for KHump and 2 picks. Rinse/repeat rest of previous deals.
4. Asik/Brewer for Eric Gordon.
5. Asik/DMo for Emeka Okafor and 3 first round picks.

RipCity32
12-18-2013, 03:58 PM
The wild card team is Portland

Agar81
12-18-2013, 04:36 PM
The Boston Celtics are gaining traction in talks to acquire Houston center Omer Asik, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Serious talks on Boston-Houston package for Asik have included Brandon Bass, Courtney Lee and a 1st round pick, sources tell Yahoo.

-Woj

sixer04fan
12-18-2013, 04:38 PM
"@WojYahooNBA: Serious talks on Boston-Houston package for Asik have included Brandon Bass, Courtney Lee and a 1st round pick, sources tell Yahoo."

hugepatsfan
12-18-2013, 04:43 PM
"@WojYahooNBA: Serious talks on Boston-Houston package for Asik have included Brandon Bass, Courtney Lee and a 1st round pick, sources tell Yahoo."

Me likey...

Rondo/Crawford
Bradley
Green/Wallace
Sullinger/Olynyk/Humphries
Asik/Faverani

BOS has 2 1st rounders in 2014, 2 in 2015, 1 in 2016, 1 in 2017 (right to swap w/ BRK) and 2 in 2018. So giving up one of them wouldn't bother me.

I really like that front court now and especially for the future. I think Sullinger and Asik compliment each other very well as a starting duo and Olynyk could be a great offensive big off the bench behind them IMO. Faverani's a good backup C to log 15 minutes a night to fill out the rotation.

king4day
12-18-2013, 04:46 PM
No Millsap>>>>Asik.

Some of these Rockets fans are delusional. Would you do any of these trades?

My immediate wish list for Asik:
1. Asik for Millsap and 2 Nets/Hawks pick swaps. Lin for Ilyasova. Sova/pick to Utah for Kanter. Then at the deadline Millsap/DMo/picks/Kanter for Love.
2. Asik for A.Bynum & 2 first rounders, Lin for Ilyasova then at the deadline Bynum/DMo/picks/Ilyasova for Love.
3. Asik for KHump and 2 picks. Rinse/repeat rest of previous deals.
4. Asik/Brewer for Eric Gordon.
5. Asik/DMo for Emeka Okafor and 3 first round picks.

Atlanta likely wants more than just Asik if giving up Milsap. Especially since it's known that Houston wants him. They might be the ones to ask for an extra pick back as opposed to tacking on pick swaps.

The Suns have no need for him. He can't shoot so he slows the game down with 'hack-a-Asik'.
And with the way Markieff Morris is playing this year, Motiejunas won't help either.

Agar81
12-18-2013, 04:50 PM
Me likey...

Rondo/Crawford
Bradley
Green/Wallace
Asik/Faverani

BOS has 2 1st rounders in 2014, 2 in 2015, 1 in 2016, 1 in 2017 (right to swap w/ BRK) and 2 in 2018. So giving up one of them wouldn't bother me.

I really like that front court now and especially for the future. I think Sullinger and Asik compliment each other very well as a starting duo and Olynyk could be a great offensive big off the bench behind them IMO. Faverani's a good backup C to log 15 minutes a night to fill out the rotation.

Agreed. A Sully + Asik duo would be great because of their complementing skill sets.

We get rid of two bad contracts in this deal, don't lose anyone significant, and vastly improve in an area of need (low post defense).

leprechaun5
12-18-2013, 05:04 PM
Agreed. A Sully + Asik duo would be great because of their complementing skill sets.

We get rid of two bad contracts in this deal, don't lose anyone significant, and vastly improve in an area of need (low post defense).

Bass is not a bad contract even though we don't need him .

I think we need to trade rondo and bradley to ,because a lineup of rondo/bradley/green/sully/asik can't score .

I like this deal only because we dump courtney's contract which is a very bad contract.

I hope its 2015 clippers first rounder because he isn't worth better than that.

I trust danny but i don't like Asik .Hopefully works good for us .

P&GRealist
12-18-2013, 05:06 PM
Courtney Lee will be back in Houston and will be re-united with Howard.

RipCity32
12-18-2013, 05:06 PM
Sully and Asik sounds pretty good to me.

P&GRealist
12-18-2013, 05:10 PM
Imagine all the easy points Rondo will get Asik near the basket when he gets back. Asik will easily be a 12-14 ppg guy along with his 12 rebounds per game on efficient FG%.

RipCity32
12-18-2013, 05:12 PM
Imagine all the easy points Rondo will get Asik near the basket when he gets back. Asik will easily be a 12-14 ppg guy along with his 12 rebounds per game on efficient FG%.

I don't know about 12-14 ppg but he will more then likely avg around 12 rpg though.

hugepatsfan
12-18-2013, 05:12 PM

I don't think Bass or Lee are bad contracts. Bass for sure isn't IMO. He's a pretty solid PF. He's exactly what i think of as a MLE player. His contract pays him only about $1 million above that level and it only runs through next season. I'd hardly call that a bad deal.

As for Lee, I think he's a pretty solid backup SG. His $5 million salary is again only about $1 million or so above what I think he should be making. His deal does run for another 2 seasons after this one though so he's

If the rumor is true that we'd be landing Asik for Bass, Lee and a 1st rounder I'd rather swap Lee out for Bogans' expiring deal (non-guaranteed beyond this year). Keep Lee as a trade chip for later on...

Rondo/Crawford/Pressey
Bradley/Lee/Brooks
Green/Wallace
Asik/Faverani

Even after sending a pick to HOU we'd have 8 picks in the next 4 drafts. Danny can package some of the pieces there with those picks to make improvements. Lee's modest salary makes him a good candidate to be one of those pieces either this offseason or next. Ideally, when Wallace's deal is expiring you can package him with some young players/picks for a star.