PDA

View Full Version : If LeBron played for the Knicks, how good would they be ?

mudvayne387
12-16-2013, 10:08 AM
Simple question, If LeBron played for the Knicks instead of Carmelo, how good would this current Knicks team really be ? I peg a LeBron led Knicks team to be 2nd in the Eastern Conference behind the Pacers.

This is not meant to be a free agency or trade speculation thread. I also understand LeBron James is not going to the Knicks so please don't go there.

Starting 5

Raymond Felton
Iman Shumpert
LeBron James
Andrea Bargnani
Tyson Chandler

Bench

JR Smith
Amare Stoudemire
Tim Hardaway Jr
Pablo Prigioni
Metta World Peace
Kenyon Martin
Beno Udrih

waveycrockett
12-16-2013, 10:26 AM
Def a top-5 team their defense would be great.

mudvayne387
12-16-2013, 11:55 AM
Def a top-5 team their defense would be great.

I agree. Look what he did with those Cavs teams that had a very mediocre supporting cast.

ManningToTyree
12-16-2013, 12:30 PM
Obviously better but I don't think it's fair to put Tyson in the line up since melo hasn't had him for most of the season either. If he was healthy the Knicks would have a much better record

Tony_Starks
12-16-2013, 12:41 PM
Not much better. Their gaurd play is still horrid, and Tyson is still out. They'd have a few more wins and wouldn't have the blowouts they've taken but Lebron needs to be surrounded by shooters and the Knicks don't have any consistent ones.....

NoahH
12-16-2013, 12:47 PM
I think they'd be 14-9

waveycrockett
12-16-2013, 12:51 PM
Not much better. Their gaurd play is still horrid, and Tyson is still out. They'd have a few more wins and wouldn't have the blowouts they've taken but Lebron needs to be surrounded by shooters and the Knicks don't have any consistent ones.....

LeBron is by far the best player in the NBA. Melo was a top-5 NBA player last year and the gap was still huge. They would be much much much better any team would.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-16-2013, 12:55 PM
2nd seed in East

Tony_Starks
12-16-2013, 01:08 PM
LeBron is by far the best player in the NBA. Melo was a top-5 NBA player last year and the gap was still huge. They would be much much much better any team would.

Lebron can't make the other guys shots go in. Are Jr, Prigs, and Shump supposed to magically find jumpers now? Is Felton magically losing 10 pounds just because Lebron is on the team? Is Amare finding the fountain of health? Lebron is great but you have to give him something to work with...

BklynKnicks3
12-16-2013, 01:14 PM
thanks god he doesn't or I might not be a fan, Melo on heat would have 3 rings they don't lose to dallas because emelo not dropping deuces

Hugbees
12-16-2013, 01:18 PM
Lets be real, they would probably be the best team in the NBA. Easy buckets for Amare, Bargnani camping outside while being compensated for his lack of defensive presence, no point guard issues since he'll command the floor, shumpert/hardaway jr/smith playing the 1/2 and the bench would perform significantly better. It's Lebron freaking James, not Carmelo feed me Anthony.

Minimal
12-16-2013, 01:18 PM
Lebron can't make the other guys shots go in. Are Jr, Prigs, and Shump supposed to magically find jumpers now? Is Felton magically losing 10 pounds just because Lebron is on the team? Is Amare finding the fountain of health? Lebron is great but you have to give him something to work with...
The thing about LeBron is that he gets a lot of attention from other players, creating chaos in the defenses which create open shots for the other shooters. Players surrounded with LeBron, will definitely improve their FG% and 3PT%, because they will get better shots, because of LeBron. Other than that Knicks squad is completely anti LeBron system squad, so therefore I don't think they will be that much better. Still probably 2nd seed in East with something 14-9 record.

waveycrockett
12-16-2013, 01:19 PM
Felton and Amare suck but it's not like Chalmers and Birdman are any better. LeBron makes every body better

waveycrockett
12-16-2013, 01:20 PM

They not even getting past Boston or Indiana to get to those rings with Melo so point is dead. They would have 0 rings.

TylerSL
12-16-2013, 01:27 PM
I'd say they would go something like 54-28 on the season. Thats actually not the great for a Lebron team, but they would definately win more games. That team would never win a title.

Tony_Starks
12-16-2013, 01:28 PM
Felton and Amare suck but it's not like Chalmers and Birdman are any better. LeBron makes every body better

I disagree. I'd take Rio and Birdman over Amare and Felton ANYDAY! Rio can actually make a open shot and defend and Birdman is high energy. Amare is a shell of himself and Felton has underachieved on every team he's ever been on...

bucketss
12-16-2013, 01:28 PM

melo kills ball movement, so those guys would get better shots at the basket- if you replace melo with chandler parson they would be better, and you're talking about lebron lmafoo.

lamzoka
12-16-2013, 01:29 PM
I never understand the purpose of this kinda threads.
If lebron james was playing with ________ , how good will they be?

Unless that blank is the HEAT, nobody knows the ****ing answer.

bucketss
12-16-2013, 01:29 PM
melo is a cancer, just like rudy gay. but atleast rudy has some heart.

mudvayne387
12-16-2013, 02:05 PM
I never understand the purpose of this kinda threads.
If lebron james was playing with ________ , how good will they be?

Unless that blank is the HEAT, nobody knows the ****ing answer.

Forum - a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Sandman
12-16-2013, 02:24 PM
it would solve the lack of PG issue. I think the pieces around him would fit pretty well too. Wouldn't be surprised if the team was better than the Cavs

Tony_Starks
12-16-2013, 02:50 PM
The Knicks get a lot more flack then they deserve. Put Prigs and Bargnani in your starting lineup and tell me how good your team would be. It's basically the Melo show.

DallasTrilla23
12-16-2013, 03:17 PM
thanks god he doesn't or I might not be a fan, Melo on heat would have 3 rings they don't lose to dallas because emelo not dropping deuces

Melo wouldn't make it past Chi that year because he wouldn't be able to defend rose like lebron did

IKnowHoops
12-16-2013, 03:24 PM

The quality of there shots would be so much better. They would be getting wide open 3's due to Lebrons double teams. If they don't double Lebron will score easily. Guys turn into shooters when they play with Lebron. Look at Beasley, always shot a poor percentage. Now playing with Lebron he has a TS over 61%. If he played with Melo he'd have a TS under 50%

BklynKnicks3
12-16-2013, 03:30 PM
wade can if he had to that series wasn't not even close anyway they won in 5. Last year they won in 5 without rose so it doesn't matter I of the believe LeBron should get zero credit for winning with the heat
Melo wouldn't make it past Chi that year because he wouldn't be able to defend rose like lebron did

IKnowHoops
12-16-2013, 03:38 PM
I disagree. I'd take Rio and Birdman over Amare and Felton ANYDAY! Rio can actually make a open shot and defend and Birdman is high energy. Amare is a shell of himself and Felton has underachieved on every team he's ever been on...

No way. Amare can shoot, Birdman. Birdman wasn't even on a roster half of last year. Kenyon Martin and Birdman are probably equals. Knicks would be better than the Cavs were with Lebron, but not as good as the Heat are now.

blahblahyoutoo
12-16-2013, 03:41 PM

yes he can.
did you not see who he lead to the finals?

Ebbs
12-16-2013, 03:47 PM
Second best team in the east with ease.,

Yankeefan213
12-16-2013, 03:48 PM
It would be a good defensive team, but that doesn't change the fact that Shumpert, Smith, and Felton can't shoot worth ****.

meloman1592
12-16-2013, 03:56 PM
melo is a cancer, just like rudy gay. but atleast rudy has some heart.

The hate is real

FlashBolt
12-16-2013, 04:41 PM
With J.R's issues? I don't think anyone can carry that squad.

Kashmir13579
12-16-2013, 04:43 PM
2nd or 3rd in the east. Where would Miami be without him, though..

Da Knicks
12-16-2013, 08:02 PM
Man they would probably be worse, he can't shoot, Felton can't shoot, jr and shumpert have being horrible. Him being a knick would probably result in less of the tacky fouls he gets. Yeah they would be horrible.

ILLUSIONIST^248
12-16-2013, 08:07 PM
Bingo! I say slightly above average.

IKnowHoops
12-16-2013, 08:11 PM
Bingo! I say slightly above average.

In the east? Are you crazy? They would be better than the Heat without Lebron for sure.

IKnowHoops
12-16-2013, 08:18 PM
Are the knicks the worst team in the League without Melo? The Cavs were without Bron and he still got them 60 wins.

Sandman
12-16-2013, 08:34 PM
Are the knicks the worst team in the League without Melo? The Cavs were without Bron and he still got them 60 wins.

they probably are. you basically replace melo with JR.

D-Leethal
12-16-2013, 08:37 PM
Anyone saying anything less than 2nd is not giving LeBron enough credit for his ability to make guys better and get them wide open looks where they want them. And Felton can't shoot but you could have Pablo stand there and shoot 50% from deep all night and even play TJjr at PG off LeBron. Shump would be back to 40% from deep if LeBron was hitting him wide open in the corner all night.

blahblahyoutoo
12-16-2013, 09:12 PM
Anyone saying anything less than 2nd is not giving LeBron enough credit for his ability to make guys better and get them wide open looks where they want them. And Felton can't shoot but you could have Pablo stand there and shoot 50% from deep all night and even play TJjr at PG off LeBron. Shump would be back to 40% from deep if LeBron was hitting him wide open in the corner all night.

^
unbiased knick fan.

LongIslandIcedZ
12-16-2013, 09:50 PM
Immensely better.

Maybe number one seed in the east.

Lebron is a great deal better than Carmelo.

Hawkeye15
12-16-2013, 10:12 PM
55 win team or better, second round knockout. The Knicks have so many holes it's scary.

koreancabbage
12-16-2013, 11:12 PM
55 win team or better, second round knockout. The Knicks have so many holes it's scary.

when unhealthy. with a big man guarding the paint, all of Miami's weakness goes out the door. He has a bunch of shooters with him and he's going to get double teamed every time. They wouldn't let Felton handle the ball anymore. realistically, the Knicks have some average to decent pieces. Shumpert, JR, Bargnani, THJ, Chandler.

put a guy like Lebron and everything is going to be okay. and they definitely won't be in the position they are. they'd be at least a .500 team (worst case scenario, WITH injuries) lol IMO

Tony_Starks
12-16-2013, 11:32 PM
Why do people keep including Tyson and Felton? We're talking the current hurt Knicks. Prigs, Bargs....., Martin and Amare alternating missing games. JR missing the first 5 games then coming back still gimpy. They're in shambles.

If you gave him a healthy complete Knick squad of course they'd be a good team, Melo got them 50+ wins and second round last year....

Hawkeye15
12-16-2013, 11:53 PM
Why do people keep including Tyson and Felton? We're talking the current hurt Knicks. Prigs, Bargs....., Martin and Amare alternating missing games. JR missing the first 5 games then coming back still gimpy. They're in shambles.

If you gave him a healthy complete Knick squad of course they'd be a good team, Melo got them 50+ wins and second round last year....

its the east, and LeBron is worth exponentially more wins than anyone else is why. The Knicks are a 55 win team with him, no matter who you give him in the dreadful east this year.

Hawkeye15
12-16-2013, 11:54 PM

its the east, and LeBron is worth exponentially more wins than anyone else is why. The Knicks are a 55 win team with him, no matter who you give him in the dreadful east this year.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-17-2013, 01:09 AM
Man they would probably be worse, he can't shoot, Felton can't shoot, jr and shumpert have being horrible. Him being a knick would probably result in less of the tacky fouls he gets. Yeah they would be horrible.

says a guy with Melo on his avatar :laugh:

Da Knicks
12-17-2013, 01:55 AM
U seem to enjoy that dolphin. Lol

Johann
12-17-2013, 02:00 AM
If the Knicks had Lebron instead of Melo...

They would still have no good PG, so Dolan would ship him off + a 2018 1st rounder + Felton to Toronto for Kyle Lowry + Jorge Garbajosa.

85BearsDefense
12-17-2013, 07:31 AM
Lebron makes just about any team in the league a playoff team. He'd make the Knicks a top 2 team in the east. He does it all.

85BearsDefense
12-17-2013, 07:31 AM
Personally I dont think Miami wins a ring if you replace Melo for Lebron. Just my opinion.

sammyvine
12-17-2013, 08:59 AM
Personally I dont think Miami wins a ring if you replace Melo for Lebron. Just my opinion.

the heat are stacked

melo could win a ring with miami

TheNumber37
12-17-2013, 09:51 PM
LeBron is great and all, but he'd be playing under Woodson and under Dolan... No one can survive that combo...Mike Brown is better than woodson

Bishnoff
12-17-2013, 09:57 PM
I'd say better, but not that much better. Still that's probably good for 2nd or 3rd seed in the East lol.

Hawkeye15
12-17-2013, 10:28 PM

oh god no. They don't even sniff the finals. Indy would have destroyed them.

Bruno
12-17-2013, 10:37 PM
they'd be better but I wouldn't bet on them to win the title.

this question is a bit unfair because it assumes a healthy chandler which the knicks haven't had. if chandler never went out the knicks would probably have 4-6 more wins than they do today.

koreancabbage
12-17-2013, 11:19 PM
the heat are stacked

melo could win a ring with miami

no, he can't. that would mean Melo would play defense and able to guard any position.

Thats like saying Melo played on the Knicks and if any player went down on the Knicks due to injury, the Knicks would still be at least a .500 team.... oh wait.

Lebron James is still the most important player on that Heat by a FAR margin. Take away Lebron and add Melo the last two years, I don't think they would win a championship IMO. thats how much inferior Melo is compared to Lebron.