PDA

View Full Version : Suns HC Jeff Hornacek for Coach of the Year?

sunsfan88
12-16-2013, 05:55 AM
This is really early, but could Jeff Hornacek end up being a legitimate COY candidate by the end of the season?

Here is the Suns lineup that he's working with:

Goran Dragic/Ish Smith
Eric Bledsoe/Archie Goodwin
PJ Tucker/Gerald Green
Channing Frye/Marcus Morris
Miles Plumlee/Markieff Morris

Yea such a star studded group of players :p...and those Suns are currently 14-9 and #6 in the super competitive West.

Predicted by EVERYONE to be WORST in the West, the Suns have beat Portland TWICE, Houston, GSW, and Denver. In losses, they played extremely close games with Portland, Spurs, OKC, and Heat all on the road.

Portland is also another one but the Blazers have a way better roster than us...LaMarcus Alridge and Damian Lillard are All Stars and Nicolas Batum has always been a very athletic SF that can shoot, drive and defend at a high level. Wesley Matthews is one of the best 3 and D guys in the NBA.

IMO, the Suns are doing more with less compared to the Trail Blazers.

Jeff Hornacek deserves a medal for what he's gotten out of this team. He has resurrected Miles Plumlee, Morris bros, PJ Tucker and Gerald Green's careers!

2-ONE-5
12-16-2013, 10:07 AM
they will fall off so it wont matter. Id be pissed right now if i was a Suns fan having a record like that.

Stunner
12-16-2013, 10:50 AM
Deng would look good on that team , I'll do Meka / Tucker and one of their 1st they're rumored to want to get rid of

Tony_Starks
12-16-2013, 12:48 PM
He gets honorable mention but I'm not sold on the Suns yet. Vogel should get it, Indy will legit all season...

apet8945
12-16-2013, 02:11 PM
Eric Bledsoe is a beast. That is all.

king4day
12-16-2013, 02:40 PM
It'll be hard to top the Blazers or Indy's coach but if the Suns make the playoffs at all, he should most def be in the running.
People think this is an anomaly but it's not. 20 games is enough to know what a team can do. The Suns can score and defend. I don't care what team we could play in the first round. If a healthy Suns squad makes the playoffs, that team we play will be in for the fight of their lives.

WES KOAST
12-16-2013, 04:32 PM
Deng would look good on that team , I'll do Meka / Tucker and one of their 1st they're rumored to want to get rid of

hell no. deng is getting old, too many miles on him

Ebbs
12-16-2013, 04:32 PM
Suns are going to make a move and compete. Meka + first for help at the 3. Or Dragic + Meka + picks for a star. Just wait.

I think Suns are legitimate. Although it sucks because West is competitive enough for my Mavs.

WES KOAST
12-16-2013, 04:33 PM
for me its stots. if vogel deserves it, stots deserves it even more.

2-ONE-5
12-16-2013, 05:20 PM
Suns are going to make a move and compete. Meka + first for help at the 3. Or Dragic + Meka + picks for a star. Just wait.

I think Suns are legitimate. Although it sucks because West is competitive enough for my Mavs.

no way Dragic and a non lotto pick gets them a star. they wont even finish top 10 in the west by the end of the year.

ThaDubs
12-16-2013, 05:20 PM
He should definitely get consideration. Along with Stots, Vogel, etc.

Pakman
12-16-2013, 05:26 PM
You swear like the suns got a bunch of mediocre players. They got nice players on that team and bledsoe is the man. I think in this case its more players than coaching

WES KOAST
12-16-2013, 05:30 PM
no way Dragic and a non lotto pick gets them a star. they wont even finish top 10 in the west by the end of the year.

haha sucka, u da one said suns goin drop off like the sixers rite? guess u were half rite den.

why would suns trade dragic? dynamic-duo batman/robin putting up about 40 pts/game

Hawkeye15
12-16-2013, 05:30 PM
right now, Stotts in a runaway. But Hornacek is doing a great job.

ThaDubs
12-16-2013, 06:07 PM
Mark Jackson... :hide:

WES KOAST
12-16-2013, 06:15 PM
they will fall off so it wont matter. Id be pissed right now if i was a Suns fan having a record like that.

y? u think wigging goin come into the league and take over like he some kind of kobe or LeBron?

Bishnoff
12-16-2013, 06:19 PM
Hornacek definitely deserves a mention for what he's achieved so far this season.

The Suns are in a very interesting position right now, I can foresee a major trade happening before the deadline. I only hope that we can keep Bledsoe, Dragic, the Morris twins, and Goodwin.

ThaDubs
12-16-2013, 06:19 PM
y? u think wigging goin come into the league and take over like he some kind of kobe or LeBron?

Wiggins is no longer the #1 prospect.

WES KOAST
12-16-2013, 06:23 PM
Hornacek definitely deserves a mention for what he's achieved so far this season.

The Suns are in a very interesting position right now, I can foresee a major trade happening before the deadline. I only hope that we can keep Bledsoe, Dragic, the Morris twins, and Goodwin.

no plumlee? dude motors on defense.

I don't see a major trade. suns suits have been consistent. they are going to build thru the draft unless a tasty deal comes along.

Bishnoff
12-16-2013, 06:38 PM
no plumlee? dude motors on defense.

I don't see a major trade. suns suits have been consistent. they are going to build thru the draft unless a tasty deal comes along.

Plumlee is solid, but he's expendable and has good trade value. I love Tucker too but we can't keep everyone.

Recent articles have quoted McDonough as been open to trading some of our plethora of future picks (as you know). As you said, if the right deal comes along McDonough won't think twice if it improves our team both now AND in the future. I don't think our FO are planning on rebuilding directly through the draft anymore.

2-ONE-5
12-16-2013, 06:49 PM
haha sucka, u da one said suns goin drop off like the sixers rite? guess u were half rite den.

why would suns trade dragic? dynamic-duo batman/robin putting up about 40 pts/game

lol our owner is ensuring our tank by benching our players when the time is right, he is a genious.

i didnt say the Suns would trade Dragic but they should and prob will. If you think this starting lineup is a real threat you are crazy.

Spanklin
12-16-2013, 06:56 PM

Why, because everyone severely underrated the Portland? I had them solidly top 4 preseason.

It's plain dumb to not take Lilliard's rookie campaign and expect him to make those HUGE leaps that error prone rookies make in year two. Add in the center addition and health, and Portland is harder than my favorite granite Statue of David.

Spanklin
12-16-2013, 07:04 PM
Hornacek has done some brilliant work on the O-Side. Here's my case against Coach Worship.

Bledsoe is scoring at an elite clip. Dragic is quite possibly the most undervalued contract in the NBA. He's playing at elite level at a position that's hard to name all stars at. Combine his dribble penetration beauty with a slew of 40% 3 point shooters (even that nasty center P.J. can catch and shoot 3's at 50%, or drive like an all star at times), Plumlee proving he has grown tremendously during his injury, Bledsoe ensuring you can't focus solely on a guy deserving an All Star bid....

I love what Horny has been doing with that offense. Some real ingenuity in grabbing player strengths and hurting top caliber teams with them....... but I have to give credit to the players just as I have to with Stotts (OVERRATED COACH BY MEDIA HYPE MACHINE).

D-Leethal
12-16-2013, 07:42 PM

I wouldn't say runaway although he is the favorite. Vogel has a strong case as well but probably not as much as Stotts.

Now my question to everyone, is Stotts the same scrub from Milwaukee or is he now a great coach?

Stotts should make everyone re-evaluate how they judge NBA coaches - all these guys can coach their ***** off with the right guys and "right guys" doesn't mean the best guys.

WES KOAST
12-16-2013, 07:46 PM
lol our owner is ensuring our tank by benching our players when the time is right, he is a genious.

i didnt say the Suns would trade Dragic but they should and prob will. If you think this starting lineup is a real threat you are crazy.

alrite my nga.

u 6er fans been the same ones trade turner n thad. yall got sum nice players, wroten, mcw, turner, young n wait til noels get healthy

WES KOAST
12-16-2013, 07:47 PM
Plumlee is solid, but he's expendable and has good trade value. I love Tucker too but we can't keep everyone.

Recent articles have quoted McDonough as been open to trading some of our plethora of future picks (as you know). As you said, if the right deal comes along McDonough won't think twice if it improves our team both now AND in the future. I don't think our FO are planning on rebuilding directly through the draft anymore.

it seems hard to break up this group. it easy to root for the the underdogs who play hard.

Bishnoff
12-16-2013, 08:27 PM
it seems hard to break up this group. it easy to root for the the underdogs who play hard.

You're not wrong. They've even turned me into a believer, when prior to the season I couldn't see us getting more than 25 wins.

sunsfan88
12-17-2013, 06:05 AM

You wanna sig bet on that?

2-ONE-5
12-17-2013, 09:53 AM
You wanna sig bet on that?

sure. take your blinders off first though and re-think this.

Heediot
12-17-2013, 10:25 AM
If the suns win 45 plus he is COY. that's probably 20 plus more wins then the vast majority of people projected them to win. People still projected Portland as a 35-40 win team at worse, so Portland needs to win 55 plus for Stotts to get it.

xnick5757
12-17-2013, 11:02 PM
no love for brad stevens? celtics are rebuilding, have a not very good roster, and are in first place in their division...

2-ONE-5
12-17-2013, 11:23 PM
^with a losing record.

sunsfan88
12-20-2013, 06:36 AM
sure. take your blinders off first though and re-think this.
No need to re think anything. The Suns will make the playoffs in the West, come on lets sig bet this.

todu82
12-20-2013, 09:40 AM
He should be a favourite. Lots of people, including me, had the Suns as being one of the worst teams in the league this year.

2-ONE-5
12-20-2013, 10:56 AM
No need to re think anything. The Suns will make the playoffs in the West, come on lets sig bet this.

hahahahahaha you got a deal. top 10 in the west is still on the table too

TrueFan420
12-20-2013, 05:45 PM
Still way to early to be making this thread. And part of this comes down to how you view the award itself. If its best coach pop hands down every year. Now the suns coach is doing a great job but there are also other deserving surprise candidates. Still way too soon.

sunsfan88
12-20-2013, 06:47 PM

Nah, I'll stick with playoffs. And deal!

sunsfan88
12-31-2013, 02:43 AM
You still feeling confident about the bet? I hope your ban is over and your back in time to see the Suns in the playoffs :)

ROY 2 MVP Braun
12-31-2013, 11:36 AM
^with a losing record.

Hehe I lol'd literally!

Chrisclover
12-31-2013, 12:07 PM
It's definitely a heroic achievement of him to bring a D -league All Star Team (Dragic and Bledsoe excluded )to the stage of playoffs. Haha. Maybe his new year resolution is to get that COY trophy.

koreancabbage
12-31-2013, 12:29 PM

they spanked the Clippers. They are the real deal. the Morris twins plus their plethora of bigs can hit the distance jumpers, opening up the lane for athletes in Dragic, Bledsoe, Green.

All of these players can get into the lane or shoot the ball. I'm very impressed. All of them are very toolsy players. Plumlee is a great surprise as well. tough as nails. see that block on Griffin? no fear.

kjoke
12-31-2013, 03:30 PM
Don't they also have 4 draft picks in this years solid draft? I think they should try to make a deal for Carmelo where they don't lose much of their team right now, maybe a few draft picks and something else

beasted86
12-31-2013, 03:34 PM
Don't they also have 4 draft picks in this years solid draft? I think they should try to make a deal for Carmelo where they don't lose much of their team right now, maybe a few draft picks and something else

I'd instead sign Granger for like $3M and then let the health staff turn him back into an all-star.

kjoke
12-31-2013, 03:51 PM
I'd instead sign Granger for like $3M and then let the health staff turn him back into an all-star.

I'm not all to familiar with the suns but I would think they need some veteran leadership. I think Paul Pierce is a UFA next season. Maybe the Suns can get him now for some cheap pieces hell maybe Meka and you can potentially revitalize his career and you get a solid veteran on the team without losing a draft pick or something

king4day
12-31-2013, 05:52 PM
Suns fans won't want Melo. Dragic and Bledsoe are our 2 headed scoring monster.
We'd have to give up too many big assets (rightfully so) and pay him a max deal next year which will destroy our cap situation.

The one player who would fit like a glove on this team is Kevin Love. Problem is, Minny has no need to trade him now.

rocky4104
12-31-2013, 10:38 PM
Nah, I'll stick with playoffs. And deal!

boy, wish i could see the look on his face AFTER we make the playoffs :D

mdm692
12-31-2013, 11:03 PM
Let's not get cocky or ahead of ourselves guys. Were in a good position but we still have a long way to go before we make the playoffs, if we do make it that is.

Drummond#1
01-01-2014, 03:52 AM
Melo is a selfish cancer. The great thing about this team is that they work together. They are a bunch of hungry young guys and spare parts. They have the same vibe as the early 2000s Pistons. Winning with defense and smart guard play. If anything they should go after a smaller scale veteran star who is good in the clutch at end of game scenarios. Marc Gasol or Deng would be a good fit here. Someone who doesn't care about big market success and just wants to win.

Drummond#1
01-01-2014, 03:54 AM
I like Hornacek a lot and kind of hope he doesn't get COY. Lately the award is a precursor to getting fired.

Drummond#1
01-01-2014, 03:56 AM
Also it seems Len is disgruntled. They could package him with draft picks while he still has value. The Phoenix chemistry is good... If I was the GM I wouldn't want to tweak it too much.

Duncan = Donkey
01-01-2014, 04:18 AM
Also it seems Len is disgruntled. They could package him with draft picks while he still has value. The Phoenix chemistry is good... If I was the GM I wouldn't want to tweak it too much.

:laugh: What makes you say that?

rocky4104
01-01-2014, 04:38 AM
Let's not get cocky or ahead of ourselves guys. Were in a good position but we still have a long way to go before we make the playoffs, if we do make it that is.

i am not saying we'll be NBA Champions but i do believe (the way this team is playing) that we will at least make the playoffs, you're not a believer yet?

mdm692
01-01-2014, 04:39 AM

Yeah that caught me by surprise too lol. He's injured so maybe that's why he's frustrated but trading him isn't going to heal him.

mdm692
01-01-2014, 04:43 AM
i am not saying we'll be NBA Champions but i do believe (the way this team is playing) that we will at least make the playoffs, you're not a believer yet?

I'm a believer I just rather be the quiet sneaky team that surprises everybody in the playoffs than that cocky team who disappoints.

Drummond#1
01-01-2014, 05:48 AM

I don't have a link. Earlier in the season he made some twitter comments about being healthy and ready to go.

Duncan = Donkey
01-01-2014, 09:21 AM
I don't have a link. Earlier in the season he made some twitter comments about being healthy and ready to go.

That makes him disgruntled???

Anyway from December 5

“We decided to shut it down to get it completely better. It’s just frustrating to be able to play a couple games and then it gets worse. We’ll let it heal completely and come back 100 percent.”

Obviously not ready to play

Drummond#1
01-01-2014, 09:45 AM
That makes him disgruntled???

Anyway from December 5

We decided to shut it down to get it completely better. Its just frustrating to be able to play a couple games and then it gets worse. Well let it heal completely and come back 100 percent.

Obviously not ready to play

Wish him a speedy recovery. It looks like the suns almost have too many good young players. Which is not a bad problem to have. Dragic, Bledsoe, Morris twins, Plumlee, Len. You are stacked with potential.

Drummond#1
01-01-2014, 09:47 AM
I have only caught a couple Suns games this season. But they are pretty entertaining to watch. Who has the better potential Markieff or Marcus? From what I've seen of Markeiff he is like a young Sheed.

sunsfan88
01-01-2014, 05:44 PM
Markieff is the better one. However Marcus is younger so he still has time.

mdm692
01-01-2014, 08:39 PM
Markieff is the better one. However Marcus is younger so he still has time.
By 10 min :laugh:.

king4day
01-01-2014, 08:56 PM
I have only caught a couple Suns games this season. But they are pretty entertaining to watch. Who has the better potential Markieff or Marcus? From what I've seen of Markeiff he is like a young Sheed.

As mentioned, Kieff is better. He's more of a bruiser inside (limited post moves). A good insider shooter and decent with the 3. A better defender too.
Marcus is more of a ball handler. Very good 3pt shooter and good finisher.
While Kieff is more valuable, they seem to play best when on the court together.

KnicksorBust
01-01-2014, 09:14 PM
This team is a mirage. They will drift behind at least the Warriors and Rockets and either miss the playoffs to a surging team (twolves/nuggets/grizzlies?) or lose in 5 games to a real Western Conference contender like the Spurs or Thunder.

TheNumber37
01-01-2014, 09:27 PM
They've got 50 games to go...
Still, Vogel or Stotts Might get it. I see Vogel getting it because They have a chance to win the East and maybe get the best overall record. I don't think Portland can win the West or get the best overall record.

Drummond#1
01-01-2014, 11:33 PM
This team is a mirage. They will drift behind at least the Warriors and Rockets and either miss the playoffs to a surging team (twolves/nuggets/grizzlies?) or lose in 5 games to a real Western Conference contender like the Spurs or Thunder.

I would much rather have a $58 million mirage that is winning and stacked with high character guys who can play than your $91 million **** storm that is full of whiny primadonnas.

rocky4104
01-02-2014, 02:44 AM
I would much rather have a $58 million mirage that is winning and stacked with high character guys who can play than your $91 million **** storm that is full of whiny primadonnas.

well said

sunsfan88
01-02-2014, 03:37 AM

Excellent post.

I just hope that rest of the NBA sees the Suns same as him so we can continue to surprise and beat the s**t out of teams.

mjt20mik
01-02-2014, 03:39 AM
Yup. That team is performing amazingly, and even had issues with injuries.

bigmac8675
01-02-2014, 04:35 AM
If they keep it up... sure why not

koreancabbage
01-02-2014, 09:52 AM

that Knicks team that won 54 games is a mirage. LOL

king4day
01-02-2014, 11:45 AM
They've got 50 games to go...
Still, Vogel or Stotts Might get it. I see Vogel getting it because They have a chance to win the East and maybe get the best overall record. I don't think Portland can win the West or get the best overall record.

The one thing Vogel would have against him is that his team plays more games against the East while the Suns play the West. If it's close, I think that stat will be in play for the final decision (that and the talent level).

rocky4104
01-02-2014, 12:39 PM
You swear like the suns got a bunch of mediocre players. They got nice players on that team and bledsoe is the man. I think in this case its more players than coaching

i think he deserves at least a nomination for the way the team is performing above expectations (so-called experts, in their pre-season analysis, have the Suns pegged as the worst team in the west, or one of). with your logic, does that disqualify the Pacers and Blazers coach as well?

having said that, i think it's a toss up between Stotts and Vogel for COY - their team is tearing up the league right now and at the same time proud of coach 'Horny' for what he's done with this young team

sunsfan88
01-02-2014, 07:02 PM
Dwane Casey and Jeff Hornacek have been named the NBA Eastern and Western Conference Coaches of the Month, respectively, for games played in December.

Casey led the Toronto Raptors to an 8-6 (.571) record, including road wins over the Dallas Mavericks and Oklahoma City Thunder. The six road wins Toronto posted tied for best in the conference in December.

Hornacek guided the Phoenix Suns to a 10-3 (.769) record, including wins over the Mavericks, Golden State Warriors, Houston Rockets and Los Angeles Clippers.

KnicksorBust
01-03-2014, 11:39 AM

Baiting. :)

well said

Feed the troll. :laugh:

Excellent post.

I just hope that rest of the NBA sees the Suns same as him so we can continue to surprise and beat the s**t out of teams.

:laugh:

that Knicks team that won 54 games is a mirage. LOL

I would have been impressed if one Suns fan actually stepped up and debated but instead it's a bunch of immature replies baiting me about the Knicks. If that garbage worked on me I would have been kicked off this site a long time ago. :laugh:

And I stand by the fact that if the Suns even make the playoffs they will be a road underdog and lose in 5 games no matter who their opponent is in round 1.

sunsfan88
01-23-2014, 05:47 AM
And I stand by the fact that if the Suns even make the playoffs they will be a road underdog and lose in 5 games no matter who their opponent is in round 1.

You realize that the Suns have spanked Portland 2 out of 3 times this season already right? If PHX plays them in the first round, no way in hell they lose in 5. I don't even think they would lose to SAS in 5. Only OKC, and healthy GSW are really capable of blowing out the Suns and beating them in 5 or less. Maybe the Clippers too but I have to see more of our games vs them before saying that.

2-ONE-5
01-23-2014, 11:56 AM
You realize that the Suns have spanked Portland 2 out of 3 times this season already right? If PHX plays them in the first round, no way in hell they lose in 5. I don't even think they would lose to SAS in 5. Only OKC, and healthy GSW are really capable of blowing out the Suns and beating them in 5 or less. Maybe the Clippers too but I have to see more of our games vs them before saying that.

your not making the playoffs but its cute that you think you wouldnt go out in 5 against the Spurs let alone get swept

king4day
01-23-2014, 12:19 PM
your not making the playoffs but its cute that you think you wouldnt go out in 5 against the Spurs let alone get swept

Gotta disregard this post since you clearly aren't watching the Suns at all.

2-ONE-5
01-23-2014, 12:28 PM

of course not i live in Philly. but i follow whats going on and what not and i aslo know who is on that roster. like i said its cute to think they wouldnt get swept by the Spurs

JLynn943
01-23-2014, 12:43 PM
If the Suns keep this up and make the playoffs, Hornacek should absolutely be very seriously considered for coach of the year. This team wasn't supposed to do anything at all, let alone possibly make the playoffs.

Jamiecballer
01-23-2014, 12:45 PM
he's lapping the field right now IMO. that roster is downright homely.

astonmartin10
01-23-2014, 01:20 PM
Yeah what he is doing with the guys on this team is incredible especially in the west. If Toronto keeps winning Casey has a shot.

pebloemer
01-23-2014, 01:38 PM
If the Suns keep this up and make the playoffs, Hornacek should absolutely be very seriously considered for coach of the year. This team wasn't supposed to do anything at all, let alone possibly make the playoffs.

He certainly has to be a candidate. Stotts, Popovich and Vogel will make it a difficult decision at seasons end though. It is certainly phenomenal what the Suns are accomplishing with that roster.

goingfor28
01-23-2014, 04:20 PM
Ya Hornacek def deserves it. Him or Dwayne Casey. Suns and Raptors both much much better than expected, but I give it to Hornacek bc they're in the loaded West

mdm692
01-23-2014, 08:06 PM
of course not i live in Philly. but i follow whats going on and what not and i aslo know who is on that roster. like i said its cute to think they wouldnt get swept by the Spurs
Lol. You're exactly what's wrong with the common nba fan nowadays. You memorized the roster and automatically become an expert of a team that you don't even watch. I know the Raptors players so I guess I'm an expert too :laugh:.

mdm692
01-23-2014, 08:13 PM
Baiting. :)

Feed the troll. :laugh:

:laugh:

I would have been impressed if one Suns fan actually stepped up and debated but instead it's a bunch of immature replies baiting me about the Knicks. If that garbage worked on me I would have been kicked off this site a long time ago. :laugh:

I would of been impressed if you actually took the time to put together a well thought out reason instead of spitting the usual bull **** we see here everyday. I guess we can't get what we want. Thanks for taking stat of our hands though how's that working for you?

chitownbulls
01-23-2014, 08:54 PM
I think Thibs should get looked at again, how we're over .500 without Rose, Deng, an injured Butler, and a declining Boozer is beyond me.

IversonIsKrazy
01-23-2014, 09:38 PM
Hornacek or Thibs deserve it imo. But Stotts will prlly get it since Blazers are the most successful surprise team.

Bishnoff
01-23-2014, 11:04 PM
http://www.nba.com/suns/magic-johnson-hornacek-coach-year

Duncan = Donkey
01-23-2014, 11:09 PM
I thinks its clearly Hornacek.

At the start of the year everyone was saying we were a lock for a top 3 pick. Now we are right in the hunt for a playoff spot in the west. We would be a 3 seed in the East.

Ill21
01-23-2014, 11:20 PM
I :hope: the suns trade for Melo

Bishnoff
01-23-2014, 11:24 PM
A good indication of how well a coach is doing is how much he can extract from the players he has at his disposal. The following Suns are having career seasons:

Dragic
Bledsoe
Tucker
Frye
Plumlee
Green
Markieff Morris
Marcus Morris
Ish Smith

So every player, except the rookies who are exempt (or technically having their best season because it's their only season to date lol), Barbosa who has just joined the team, and Viacheslav Kravtsov who has played a grand total of 53 minutes so far this season.

Duncan = Donkey
01-23-2014, 11:25 PM
I :hope: the suns trade for Melo

Stop praying now!

Ill21
01-23-2014, 11:29 PM
Stop praying now!

No way! Time for my knicks to rebuild and PHX is a nice team to send him to with your 4 1st round picks.

Dragic
Okafor
Picks

Bishnoff
01-23-2014, 11:33 PM
No way! Time for my knicks to rebuild and PHX is a nice team to send him to with your 4 1st round picks.

Dragic
Okafor
Picks

For Melo to work for us, we'd need to keep both Bledsoe and Dragic. Makes a trade difficult because I highly doubt that any NY fan would consider a trade for Melo that didn't include one of those two, even if we threw a bucket load of 1sts your way.

Ill21
01-23-2014, 11:41 PM
For Melo to work for us, we'd need to keep both Bledsoe and Dragic. Makes a trade difficult because I highly doubt that any NY fan would consider a trade for Melo that didn't include one of those two, even if we threw a bucket load of 1sts your way.

Most NY fans are not logical

What about something like this

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kmxklst

plus 2 1st

Bishnoff
01-23-2014, 11:53 PM
Most NY fans are not logical

What about something like this

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kmxklst

plus 2 1st

Yeah, I'd probably do it but it would be hard to give up Goodwin who I think will become a very good player, and my man PJ.

I'd prefer this and 3 1sts: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mfnyd2x

Ill21
01-23-2014, 11:59 PM
Yeah, I'd probably do it but it would be hard to give up Goodwin who I think will become a very good player, and my man PJ.

I'd prefer this and 3 1sts: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mfnyd2x

Im 100% ok with this too. you can begin a full rebuild in one off season with 3 1sts

Unfortunately the Knicks have the dumbest owner and gm in basketball so in reality this is nothing but a pipe dream.

But that Suns linue-up

Bledsoe
Dragic
Tucker?
Melo
Plumlee

That is pretty nice.

Bishnoff
01-24-2014, 12:01 AM
Im 100% ok with this too. you can begin a full rebuild in one off season with 3 1sts

Unfortunately the Knicks have the dumbest owner and gm in basketball so in reality this is nothing but a pipe dream.

But that Suns linue-up

Bledsoe
Dragic
Tucker?
Melo
Plumlee

That is pretty nice.

That is nice, and I'm really impressed that you put Melo at PF because that's exactly where I'd want him to play the majority of his minutes. Then we'd still have Frye, Green, and Barbosa coming off the bench.

Ill21
01-24-2014, 12:03 AM
That is nice, and I'm really impressed that you put Melo at PF because that's exactly where I'd want him to play the majority of his minutes. Then we'd still have Frye, Green, and Barbosa coming off the bench.

He is so much better at the 4, abuses traditional PF's.

Bishnoff
01-24-2014, 12:07 AM

I agree. I love watching him play for Team USA at the 4.

Blink
01-24-2014, 12:16 AM
Just a Pistons fan putting his two sense in...

PJ + 2 1st for Monroe?

Its a terrible decision to keep Smith over Monroe but we are so use to Joe making stupid moves we just accept it

mdm692
01-24-2014, 12:25 AM
My thought exactly lol. Put in Frye and Green instead of Tucker and Plumlee and you got one of the deadliest 4th quarter line ups in the league.

mdm692
01-24-2014, 12:27 AM

PJ + 2 1st for Monroe?

Its a terrible decision to keep Smith over Monroe but we are so use to Joe making stupid moves we just accept it
I'm a big fan of him and wouldn't mind him at PF but the majority of Phx fans would prefer him at C.

Bishnoff
01-24-2014, 12:28 AM

PJ + 2 1st for Monroe?

We've discussed Monroe a fair bit in the Suns forum. I like him at C for us, but most guys want him at PF. With our current system we really need a stretch 4 for spacing to allow Bledsoe and Dragic to drive at will. Having Monroe and Plumlee together would cramp things up a bit.

Bishnoff
01-24-2014, 12:30 AM
My thought exactly lol. Put in Frye and Green instead of Tucker and Plumlee and you got one of the deadliest 4th quarter line ups in the league.

So a 4th quarter line up of:

Bledsoe
Dragic
Green
Melo
Frye?

Blink
01-24-2014, 12:34 AM
Ill admit that i havent watched a damn Phoenix game....but would you accept a...

Monroe/Stuckey/CV for Okafor/Goodwin/Tucker?

Bishnoff
01-24-2014, 12:45 AM
Ill admit that i havent watched a damn Phoenix game....but would you accept a...

We'd be silly not to. I think the Pistons can get more for Monroe however.

Duncan = Donkey
01-24-2014, 12:47 AM

Are Stuckey and CV expirng contracts? I remember them both being overpayed

Bishnoff
01-24-2014, 12:53 AM
Are Stuckey and CV expirng contracts? I remember them both being overpayed

Yep, both expiring.

Blink
01-24-2014, 01:00 AM
Both expiring deals but joe D. isnt smart with money.

I mean id love a pick but with Monroe able to catch a huge deal as with Stuckey able to walk..give me a 1st (i wont forfeit 2) to pick up wing players Tucker and potentially Goodwin and a 1st (or2?) id gladly be happy

goingfor28
01-24-2014, 01:06 AM
Stop praying now!

Dragic
Okafor
Picks

Good job, I see you watched sportscenter today.

mdm692
01-24-2014, 01:06 AM
So a 4th quarter line up of:

Bledsoe
Dragic
Green
Melo
Frye?
Yup. OFFENSIVELY this line up is near unstoppable.

sunsfan88
01-24-2014, 04:56 AM
Haha our bet is still on right for the Suns not making the playoffs? Hahahahah and the Suns just spanked Indiana 2 days ago.

Only one team has BLOWN OUT the Clippers (with CP3) and the Pacers this season...guess what team that is? You only get one chance.

king4day
01-24-2014, 07:34 AM

while I do think its a long shot to think the Suns could beat the Spurs, the only way Phoenix isn't making the playoffs is if they lose Dragic. If Bledsoe returns, we're a team that nobody will want to face in the playoffs

Ill21
01-24-2014, 10:50 AM
Good job, I see you watched sportscenter today.

I actually did not lol. Im guessing this exact trade was proposed?

sunsfan88
01-31-2014, 04:22 AM
With Miles Plumlee and Goran Dragic feeling overlooked, it is never too early to remind Coach of the Year voters that Suns first-year head coach Jeff Hornacek is now 4-1 against his main award competition, Indiana’s Frank Vogel and Portland’s Terry Stotts. He drew up a key wide-open 3-pointer for Markieff Morris out of a timeout late in the game and made adjustments like using a big lineup for the first time. Besides, this was supposed to be a last-place team.
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/20140130goran-dragic-leads-phoenix-suns-to-season-sweep-of-indiana-pacers.html#protected

Duncan = Donkey
01-31-2014, 06:09 AM
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/20140130goran-dragic-leads-phoenix-suns-to-season-sweep-of-indiana-pacers.html#protected

He will probably get snubbed as well:laugh2:

sunsfan88
01-31-2014, 03:39 PM
He will probably get snubbed as well:laugh2:

Probably unless ESPN starts kissing his *** soon.