PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose doesn't want to go through a rebuild

NoahH
12-15-2013, 03:24 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/lawrence-injured-bulls-star-fearful-cupboard-bare-article-1.1547747

“Derrick is worried that the Bulls are going to lose what they have,” said a league source. “He doesn’t want to go through rebuilding.”

Thought this was an interesting article. Derrick Rose has made it clear he does not want to go through a rebuild in Chicago and is worried the Bulls are going to clean house this offseason.

Personally, I don't think Derrick Rose has the right to say this since he can't stay healthy and has played 10 games since April 2012 (and during that lockout season he only played 39 / 66 games too). After this season he'll have played a total of 49 of a possible 230 games, which is Greg Oden territory. Now I'm not bashing D. Rose by any means because he's had the worst luck and is still a young player with unbelievable skill and I have no doubt he'll regain all-star form next season, but when you've missed THAT many games can you be so against a rebuild? Essentially the Bulls have to rebuild because of his injuries. Boozer is a liability and Deng has apparently worn out his welcome in Chicago, but this rebuild probably wouldn't be taking place if Derrick Rose could stay on the court.

Thoughts?

smiddy012
12-15-2013, 03:29 PM
This is a bulls thread.

Gators123
12-15-2013, 03:30 PM
They don't need to go through a complete rebuild, but Deng most likely won't be there next season, and Boozer will be 33 years old. They do need to make changes.

NoahH
12-15-2013, 03:30 PM
This is a bulls thread.

I'm not a Bulls fan and didn't want just Bulls homers opinions

hugepatsfan
12-15-2013, 03:40 PM
Well WTF else are they going to do while he rebuilds his knee?

*Superman*
12-15-2013, 03:45 PM
Seems inevitable that a few of the guys who were core players will most likely be gone.

And he really can't complain, his injuries are a reason as to why the have to go through a mini-rebuild if not a complete one.

sammyvine
12-15-2013, 03:50 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/lawrence-injured-bulls-star-fearful-cupboard-bare-article-1.1547747

Thought this was an interesting article. Derrick Rose has made it clear he does not want to go through a rebuild in Chicago and is worried the Bulls are going to clean house this offseason.

Personally, I don't think Derrick Rose has the right to say this since he can't stay healthy and has played 10 games since April 2012 (and during that lockout season he only played 39 / 66 games too). After this season he'll have played a total of 49 of a possible 230 games, which is Greg Oden territory. Now I'm not bashing D. Rose by any means because he's had the worst luck and is still a young player with unbelievable skill and I have no doubt he'll regain all-star form next season, but when you've missed THAT many games can you be so against a rebuild? Essentially the Bulls have to rebuild because of his injuries. Boozer is a liability and Deng has apparently worn out his welcome in Chicago, but this rebuild probably wouldn't be taking place if Derrick Rose could stay on the court.

Thoughts?

Where is the derrick rose actual quotes?

do people actually believe everything in the media?

Stunner
12-15-2013, 04:04 PM
Lol at it being reported by New York and not Chicago

smiddy012
12-15-2013, 04:06 PM
Where is the derrick rose actual quotes?

do people actually believe everything in the media?

Yes.

Hawkeye15
12-15-2013, 04:19 PM
What player wants to go through a rebuild? But the Bulls needs to make serious decisions after their young star just went through his 2nd major knee surgery.

Ebbs
12-15-2013, 04:24 PM
Why is he even part of the decision any more. People need to wake up and realize when Rose comes back there is a damn good chance he will never be a star again. He wasn't up to par after 18 months. Now he's out another 6-10. Stop banking on a player that may or may not have a future in this league.

Bulls should 100% rebuild.

Matrix3132
12-15-2013, 04:41 PM
Lol at it being reported by New York and not Chicago

I never trust a story written by someone who doesn't live in the same city as the event described

torocan
12-15-2013, 05:00 PM
I'm not sure Derrick Rose is in the position to complain about the Bulls making moves when they just spent the last 2 years paying for players because they were WAITING for him to get back and are willing to wait ANOTHER year for him...

Cal827
12-15-2013, 05:28 PM
It's unfortunate that he's had two devastating knee injuries within a couple years of each other. But his health is unfortunately the reason to blame if they go into another rebuild. It's not like the other players are staying the same age, and their contracts don't move from where they were before.

Luckily for him, he doesn't have to worry about being Amnestied.He's locked in for a while. What's he going to do; abandon the team which has been extremely patient with him and his injuries? He should just focus on his health before he could comment on matters such as these. A rebuilding team at the start of his recovery might take some pressure off him after all (as he wouldn't be pressured into returning early, or would have to go as hard as he would as if the team was a contender against the other ones.)

FlashBolt
12-15-2013, 05:38 PM
Get rid of Rose and grab someone like Rondo or Melo.. Anyone. Rose is done. Two knee injuries, back to back? Not a coincidence. He relies on his knees and he's never getting them back 100%. Bulls need to rebuild if they want to contend. Noah/Boozer/Deng are falling off the map every year.

TrueFan420
12-15-2013, 06:29 PM
He and his injuries are the reason they need to rebuild

Dade County
12-15-2013, 06:35 PM
He's gone, so lets start talking about who will rose play for next...lmao

But the bulls should rebuild, and place young talent around rose... So hopefully in the final year of rose's contract, those players would have grown and shower their worth.

2-ONE-5
12-15-2013, 07:16 PM
this is funny considering its bcuz of him they have to consider a rebuild

Sssmush
12-15-2013, 07:22 PM
Pau Gasol for D Rose... ?

Sssmush
12-15-2013, 07:23 PM
or Pau + Nash for DRose and Boozer, and Nash can medically retire, so Chicago clears $35M+ off its salary cap this summer.

do it mitch

Hawkeye15
12-15-2013, 07:44 PM
or Pau + Nash for DRose and Boozer, and Nash can medically retire, so Chicago clears $35M+ off its salary cap this summer.

do it mitch

The Bulls would trade Rose for your geriatric garbage?

Gators123
12-15-2013, 07:48 PM
Lol what kind of trade idea is that?

Cal827
12-15-2013, 07:52 PM
^ That's the most biased thing I've ever seen, and I've been on this forum when ESPN's trade machine was malfunctioning and ignored cap restrictions lol

Max.This
12-15-2013, 08:30 PM
I'm not a Bulls fan and didn't want just Bulls homers opinions

so you come to the nba forum to enlist in the advice of other homers representing different teams

Linkels
12-15-2013, 09:13 PM
He's gone, so lets start talking about who will rose play for next...lmao

But the bulls should rebuild, and place young talent around rose... So hopefully in the final year of rose's contract, those players would have grown and shower their worth.

This. This is our best time to really do it and with the FO drafting and with a potential Bobcats pick in this year draft as well with Mirotic coming along we could have a lot of young assets who could be more likely better than Deng and Boozer pretty easily. Wouldn't Rose like a given that we suck enough a Parker/Wiggins or Marcus Smart, Bobcats pick and Mirotic core a lot more than a Deng and Boozer lol.

valade16
12-15-2013, 09:40 PM
This. This is our best time to really do it and with the FO drafting and with a potential Bobcats pick in this year draft as well with Mirotic coming along we could have a lot of young assets who could be more likely better than Deng and Boozer pretty easily. Wouldn't Rose like a given that we suck enough a Parker/Wiggins or Marcus Smart, Bobcats pick and Mirotic core a lot more than a Deng and Boozer lol.

Not to mention Jimmy Butler and whatever assets they can get for Deng and Boozer.

FriedTofuz
12-15-2013, 09:53 PM
Pau Gasol for D Rose... ?

It's fans like this that give an entire fanbase a bad name. :facepalm:

chi-townlove1
12-15-2013, 10:13 PM
Such bait threads cant even stand it

D-Leethal
12-15-2013, 10:24 PM
I'm sure his teammates don't want to go through another season missing their top gun but such is life.

Ebbs
12-15-2013, 10:31 PM

Definitely shouldn't. However if I'm the Bulls I quietly float his name around. Guy had more shots than points in his return*. I think if I'm an exec I stay the hell away from Rose but there are teams out there who likely still believe in his impact to a franchise on and off the court.

Shammyguy3
12-15-2013, 11:16 PM
Get rid of Rose and grab someone like Rondo or Melo.. Anyone. Rose is done. Two knee injuries, back to back? Not a coincidence. He relies on his knees and he's never getting them back 100%. Bulls need to rebuild if they want to contend. Noah/Boozer/Deng are falling off the map every year.

Well, for one Rondo hasn't even returned from his own ACL tear yet. Also, he's an expiring that will be due another long-term deal at the age of 29 years old. That's not a guy you deal for. Same for Melo, who has yet to prove he can make those around him better while also maintaining at least a respectable efficiency.

And as far as the bolded - Deng is having arguably the best season of his career right now on both ends of the floor. Noah last year, although he was inefficient, also arguably had the greatest impact he's ever had on a team. His defense and passing were on a whole different level.

Boozer's sucked dick this year though.

Definitely shouldn't. However if I'm the Bulls I quietly float his name around. Guy had more shots than points in his return*. I think if I'm an exec I stay the hell away from Rose but there are teams out there who likely still believe in his impact to a franchise on and off the court.

I can't see how this would be a good thing. What would be proper value for Rose? What team would honestly agree with the Bulls' FO on that value? The Bulls value Rose more than anyone right now, especially considering he's only 25 years old I believe. Also - if his name is heard throughout the league, that would only alienate him further than what happened last year in Chicago for him missing the whole season.

The Bulls are in quite the predicament now - but it's not as grandiose as some are making it out to be. This rebuilding image the Bulls have right now - the same questions were already being asked in Chicago about this upcoming off-season before Rose went down a few weeks ago.

naps
12-15-2013, 11:24 PM
If I was the GM I would be open to offers for Derrick Rose himself to be honest at this point. Miracles and exceptions happen but it's certainly safer to say he will never be the same player he once was, let alone be better. It's sad but Bulls need to move on from Rose. They probably won't but the quicker they do the better it gets for their long run future.

Shammyguy3
12-15-2013, 11:32 PM
Okay - say Rose is NEVER an MVP caliber player again, not in the top-10 players in the league. Say he can only average 16/7/4 on average efficiency... Is that a player franchises would move on from? I think either my interpretation of posts such as yours is way off, or I just completely disagree and do not understand why the Bulls should cut ties from Rose.

Cutting ties from Rose or not, the Bulls would still need to find a franchise player if Rose is no longer such a player himself. So, why cut ties from Rose and get said franchise player only to turn around and be in need of someone to be the Robin after the fact, a role that Rose should more than be capable of filling?

I just don't get it.

Linkels
12-15-2013, 11:36 PM
If I was the GM I would be open to offers for Derrick Rose himself to be honest at this point. Miracles and exceptions happen but it's certainly safer to say he will never be the same player he once was, let alone be better. It's sad but Bulls need to move on from Rose. They probably won't but the quicker they do the better it gets for their long run future.

Our long term future includes being terrible this year getting a top 3 pick Smart/Wiggins/Parker. Pair that with Mirotic the best Euro player out their and a bobcats pick in the 11-14 range in a stacked draft. Get what we can for Deng possibly Eric Gordon. Amnesty Boozer. I am pretty sure every Bulls fan would be ecstatic with that if it happens.

The_Jamal
12-15-2013, 11:41 PM
Rose has absolutely 0 value to anyone but the Bulls at this point. What team would give anything of value for him? And I simply can't see the Bulls trading a home-town hero and former MVP for trash.

Bulls just have to hope he regains some of his old form

Shammyguy3
12-15-2013, 11:46 PM
Precisely ^ and the Bulls aren't in this HORRIBLE situation. They still have solid players to surround Rose with in Butler/Noah, and they'll have a lottery pick in this draft + a seemingly very good Euro prospect in Mirotic coming over as well. And if Charlotte makes the playoffs this year then the Bulls will also get their pick.

Hypothetically, the Bulls could enter next season with 3 high-ceiling or high-impact rookies to go along with Rose/Butler/Noah/Gibson. Snell seems to be at worst a rotation player, so he's a solid bench piece on the cheap as well.

It's not a situation they wanted to be in, but it's definitely not as bad as it could be if the Bulls didn't have a pro-active approach on future assets and stashing guys overseas (Asik was the first)

NoahH
12-16-2013, 12:53 AM
so you come to the nba forum to enlist in the advice of other homers representing different teams

Nope

mjt20mik
12-16-2013, 01:32 AM
They don't have to do a full rebuild. They are really lucky actually, cause they can do a super quick rebuild.

IMO they should keep Deng (if the price is right) and amnesty Boozer.

Noah
Gibson
Deng
Butler
Rose

+ a lottery pick

Shammyguy3
12-16-2013, 01:58 AM
They don't have to do a full rebuild. They are really lucky actually, cause they can do a super quick rebuild.

IMO they should keep Deng (if the price is right) and amnesty Boozer.

Noah
Gibson
Deng
Butler
Rose

+ a lottery pick

What would the right price for Deng be in your opinion

mjt20mik
12-16-2013, 02:09 AM

I'd say anything from 12-15 if they are amnestying Boozer. I don't know if any team would overpay for him. His current salary is pretty decent considering how much he brings to the table for that team.

TheBigChief
12-16-2013, 02:39 AM
This is a bulls thread.

well dont just stand there, run and tell the mods!!!! *****

TheBigChief
12-16-2013, 02:44 AM

you mean his $ value for a contract or for trade?

Shammyguy3
12-16-2013, 02:55 AM
I'd say anything from 12-15 if they are amnestying Boozer. I don't know if any team would overpay for him. His current salary is pretty decent considering how much he brings to the table for that team.

Then I would say I disagree, Deng's walking

you mean his $ value for a contract or for trade?

Contract value since he's an upcoming free agent

JNA17
12-16-2013, 03:29 AM

Yes.

All it takes is 1,400 VC to use the "mind control" ability to convince the Bulls GM that "you are getting the best players in this deal" and then the Bulls GM will say "wow you're right! This is a fantastic deal for us! Let's do it!"

It worked before, just ask Memphis back in 2008.

TheBigChief
12-16-2013, 07:43 AM
Then I would say I disagree, Deng's walking

Contract value since he's an upcoming free agent

Taking everything into account including age, performance, etc.....I would say Deng is worth 10/12 mil for 4 years

amak316
12-16-2013, 10:12 AM
People in glass knees shouldn't throw stones

NoahH
12-16-2013, 12:52 PM
Taking everything into account including age, performance, etc.....I would say Deng is worth 10/12 mil for 4 years

I agree. I'd give deng 40 mill for 4 years

Shammyguy3
12-16-2013, 04:32 PM

Which is pretty much what the majority of Bulls fans also believe - but Deng will command more than that unless he gets seriously injured. 4 years at $40M total? Descending pay scale? I'd LOVE to bring him back as a Bulls fan - but the closer that gets towards $12M annually, the less happy I'll be about him coming back, and anything over 4/$50M and adios Lu, it was a blast

DR_1
12-16-2013, 07:51 PM
Why is he even part of the decision any more. People need to wake up and realize when Rose comes back there is a damn good chance he will never be a star again. He wasn't up to par after 18 months. Now he's out another 6-10. Stop banking on a player that may or may not have a future in this league.

Bulls should 100% rebuild.

I wouldn't go that far. He was looking like his old self again before he got hurt. But yes the Bulls need to reconsider their direction. Personally I hope we make some changes, it's obvious this group will never be healthy.

Shammyguy3
12-16-2013, 08:13 PM
He looked like himself in 7 preseason games out of 8, and then didn't look like himself in probably 8 out of 10 regular season games. He was progressing, but he was not what he once was because he was playing the dumbest basketball he's ever done

Sssmush
12-17-2013, 04:33 AM
^ That's the most biased thing I've ever seen, and I've been on this forum when ESPN's trade machine was malfunctioning and ignored cap restrictions lol

Well, by the end of this season D-Rose will have more or less missed almost 200 straight games, if you don't count the handful of games he played this season.

So I don't think it's outlandish that Chicago could consider dumping him for cap space (Pau Gasol) although it is certainly smarter for them to dump him for 1st round picks if possible.

Gasol for Boozer is certainly being talked about, and in terms of production Boozer has been FAR more valuable than D-Rose in the past 24 months.

But again I do get why you said that. But if I was Chicago I would be looking to dump D-Rose for one or two first round picks and a bad contract this year if possible.

Sssmush
12-17-2013, 04:34 AM
but then again as a Laker fan you'll notice that I wanted us to trade for him. So, either way. But let's not pretend that D-Rose is a sure thing right now.

85BearsDefense
12-17-2013, 05:21 AM
Here is what I would do.

Bulls currently sit 8 in the lottery standings. Thats where you want to be, no way you win the championship so you have to shoot for the lottery. My plan.

Deng has averaged 24.5 PPG 6.7 Assists and 5.6 Rebounds a game over the last 15 days I believe and overall his numbers are going up. A contender would covet him. Someone like OKC or the Clippers. I'd trade Deng for picks and maybe a young asset.

Trade Boozer. If you can get something then great, if not take back expiring.

Trade Dunleavy. Its been fun Mike but I don't want to win anymore games.

Listen to offers on Noah, Butler, Kirk, and Gibson.

At worst

Hinrich
Butler
Snell
Gibson
Noah

Hopefully continue to lose and get into the range of 4 to 5 range in the lottery so a 37% at top 3 and 15% at the #1.

GunFactor187
12-17-2013, 05:33 AM
Bulls don't need to rebuild, more like retooling. They really need to focus on how they're going to retool their Forward spots, Deng is a nice trade asset, Boozer is on the decline.

Shammyguy3
12-17-2013, 02:14 PM
^ exactly... and they already have their forward rotation for next season with Nikola Mirotic coming over (hopefully) and Gibson on his long-term deal. Butler will play either wing position, most likely SF and the Bulls will seek a SG through draft or free agency. This team will be a surprise contender next season if Rose can stay healthy, not sure if they'll be as good as they were in 2012 but they could be as dangerous as their 2011 squad

smiddy012
12-17-2013, 06:19 PM
First of all, I highly doubt the Bulls will end up in the lottery, but that would be great. Cuz really, this is the time all the stars are aligning for the Bulls to rebuild.

IF:

1. The Bulls trade Deng for a mid-first
2. The Bulls trade Booz for a late first (or solid prospect at the least)
3. The Bobcats don't end up with one of the worse 10 records

That's 3 or 4 firsts in a great draft to rebuild. Plus we'll have Butler,
Gibson, & Dunleavy on the table if we want to trade up, or really change things up.

Then throw in the decent chance that Mirotic comes over. And you realize how much if an opportunity this is for Bulls FO to rebuild, with little to no drop off in the process. The Bulls FO has put themselves in a great position IMO, now they just got to carry through.

Linkels
12-17-2013, 06:23 PM
First of all, I highly doubt the Bulls will end up in the lottery, but that would be great. Cuz really, this is the time all the stars are aligning for the Bulls to rebuild.

IF:

1. The Bulls trade Deng for a mid-first
2. The Bulls trade Booz for a late first (or solid prospect at the least)
3. The Bobcats don't end up with one of the worse 10 records

That's 3 or 4 firsts in a great draft to rebuild. Plus we'll have Butler,
Gibson, & Dunleavy on the table if we want to trade up, or really change things up.

Then throw in the decent chance that Mirotic comes over. And you realize how much if an opportunity this is for Bulls FO to rebuild, with little to no drop off in the process. The Bulls FO has put themselves in a great position IMO, now they just got to carry through.

As bad as the East is with our recent play and especially the recent teams we have lost to at Home that is how can you say we won't end up in the lottery? It is only going to get touger from here on out looking at our schedule and if Deng is traded for Waiters we will be around the worst records in NBA.

kobe4thewinbang
12-18-2013, 03:59 PM
LOL. Rose needs to rebuild his body first.