PDA

View Full Version : NBA 2014 Draft: Tank Nation Watch

FriedTofuz
12-14-2013, 11:58 PM
with several teams in the EC tanking, who get's the number 1 pick, and a lot of teams who have multiple picks in this years draft, who gets it?!
Watch the seedings!

http://www.nba.com/standings/team_record_comparison/conferenceNew_Std_Cnf.html

shep33
12-15-2013, 12:12 AM
The Eastern Conference should get the first 14 picks.

Maybe in 5-6 years we'll have a balance of power

2-ONE-5
12-15-2013, 12:27 AM
sixers.

jerellh528
12-15-2013, 12:46 AM
The east isn't tanking, they just suck

JerseyPalahniuk
12-15-2013, 12:55 AM
The east isn't tanking, they just suck

Yup, the West has most of the top players in the league.

alexander_37
12-15-2013, 01:00 AM
The 3rd seed in the East would be like 13th in the west :laugh:

Cal827
12-15-2013, 01:09 AM
The Eastern Conference should get the first 14 picks.

Maybe in 5-6 years we'll have a balance of power

:laugh: I don't think you would want to piss of the Sacramento Kings any more

shep33
12-15-2013, 02:22 AM
:laugh: I don't think you would want to piss of the Sacramento Kings any more

:laugh:

The Kings are still in the tanking mix after getting Rudy lol

Lakers + Giants
12-15-2013, 02:36 AM
Isn't the lottery done by standings of teams OUT of the playoffs and not just overall records?

Because if it's overall records then yea, east has a lot of lottery teams. If it's by teams OUT of the playoffs then each conference has 7 lottery teams. Isn't it the latter?

NYSpirit1
12-15-2013, 03:57 AM
I wouldn't say the West has that much more talent than the East. The West has had no major injuries -- the East - Derrick Rose, Deron Williams, Pierce, Garnett, Lopez, Tyson Chandler, Noah, Deng - all have missed time. The entire Knicks team pretty much had knee surgery.

So those were the presumptive 3, 4 and 5 teams in the East, who all are 8th seed or lower right now.

The West has been a model of health. I don't doubt 6 down sucks in the East, but the Bulls, Nets and Knicks were all supposed to be good-to-contenders and have been ravaged by injuries.

Not to mention Rondo..

WARRIORS@GR
12-15-2013, 04:04 AM
I wouldn't say the West has that much more talent than the East. The West has had no major injuries -- the East - Derrick Rose, Deron Williams, Pierce, Garnett, Lopez, Tyson Chandler, Noah, Deng - all have missed time. The entire Knicks team pretty much had knee surgery.

So those were the presumptive 3, 4 and 5 teams in the East, who all are 8th seed or lower right now.

The West has been a model of health. I don't doubt 6 down sucks in the East, but the Bulls, Nets and Knicks were all supposed to be good-to-contenders and have been ravaged by injuries.

Not to mention Rondo..Model of health?What about Kobe,Iggy,Gallinari,Marc Gasol,Anthony Davis all missing big most of the games so far?

Cal827
12-15-2013, 04:22 AM
:laugh:

The Kings are still in the tanking mix after getting Rudy lol

And of course, our team has learned how to pass the ball lol

tp13baby
12-15-2013, 04:22 AM
Model of health?What about Kobe,Iggy,Gallinari,Marc Gasol,Anthony Davis all missing big most of the games so far?

The talent missing in the west right now is better than the east. And probably more important. Outside of Rose, Iggy, Gallo, Kobe, Gasol and Davis are all more important to their team then any of the East players missing.

Cal827
12-15-2013, 04:23 AM
lol I'm going to laugh so hard if Brooklyn or New York get the 1st overall pick, just to give it away

shep33
12-15-2013, 04:35 AM

Not to mention Rondo..

The west is better than the east at basketball. Outside of Miami and Indy, it's arguably the worst the Eastern Conference has ever been in the history of the NBA.

shep33
12-15-2013, 04:38 AM
Model of health?What about Kobe,Iggy,Gallinari,Marc Gasol,Anthony Davis all missing big most of the games so far?

Preach.

The East flat out sucks. What's sad is that teams currently in the east playoff pictures are trying to tank lol

Cal827
12-15-2013, 04:59 AM
Lol, this might be the first time in a while that we see a GM get fired for making the playoffs

JBears79
12-15-2013, 05:08 AM
Lol. You guys really think the NBA is still relevant. That's cute.

shep33
12-15-2013, 05:11 AM
Lol, this might be the first time in a while that we see a GM get fired for making the playoffs

Danny Ainge is ******** himself right now.

He trades away KG, Pierce, and Terry while planning for Rondo to be out until like Februrary... and the Celtics are the 4 seed lol.

shep33
12-15-2013, 05:16 AM
How bad is the east?

-2 teams above .500
-3 teams with a + point differential. The Raps being one of them at +0.2
-The Bucks who are 5-19 with the worst record in the NBA are only 5 games back of the 6th seed

NYSpirit1
12-15-2013, 11:31 AM

Yeah and what do you know... All of those teams are mediocre or suck. Memphis is seriously hurting bc of that.

The top teams in the West have been models of health and all of a sudden that means they are leaps and bounds better than the East. But they're not - the Nets, Knicks and Bulls have just had to deal with a ton of injuries.

NYSpirit1
12-15-2013, 11:37 AM
The west is better than the east at basketball. Outside of Miami and Indy, it's arguably the worst the Eastern Conference has ever been in the history of the NBA.

Because of injuries. The only team you could say has underperformed without injuries is Cleveland. People thought they'd win 43-45 wins.

The Nets had Deron, Pierce and Lopez out for long stretches - eliminating any chance of building chemistry. Lopez is out again now.

The Bulls have Rose out for the season and now Deng/Noah/Butler have been hurt.

And the Knicks have had Chandler out for a month and a half, eliminating any chance at interior defense for them. Plus Smith, Shumpert and Amare all had knee surgeries in the offseason. And Melo had a torn rotator cuff.

If these three teams had complete health, like the top of the West, they'd all be 14-9 or better.

greg_ory_2005
12-15-2013, 01:20 PM
Jazzzzzzzzzz

Burke
Hayward
Wiggins
Favors
Kanter

FOBolous
12-15-2013, 01:43 PM
i think the whole eastern conference is tanking.

shep33
12-15-2013, 02:00 PM
Because of injuries. The only team you could say has underperformed without injuries is Cleveland. People thought they'd win 43-45 wins.

The Nets had Deron, Pierce and Lopez out for long stretches - eliminating any chance of building chemistry. Lopez is out again now.

The Bulls have Rose out for the season and now Deng/Noah/Butler have been hurt.

And the Knicks have had Chandler out for a month and a half, eliminating any chance at interior defense for them. Plus Smith, Shumpert and Amare all had knee surgeries in the offseason. And Melo had a torn rotator cuff.

If these three teams had complete health, like the top of the West, they'd all be 14-9 or better.

I love how everyone trashed the Lakers last year for the same thing. Saying they underachieved when in reality they were more banged up than the Knicks or Nets. Yet we still finished 8 games above. 500 in the more dominant conference.

The Knicks and Nets will make the playoffs regardless because the east is terrible. But the west had injuries to Gasol, Kobe, Iggy, Redick Davis, Nash, Gallo. Heck We didn't have our 3 point guards yesterday and still beat an east playoff team.

shep33
12-15-2013, 02:03 PM
I agree that the bulls and Knicks would obviously be better. But the Knicks have horrible problems on offense with Jr and shump not hitting a shot. Plus pg play has been awful

Lakers + Giants
12-15-2013, 02:04 PM
I love how everyone trashed the Lakers last year for the same thing. Saying they underachieved when in reality they were more banged up than the Knicks or Nets. Yet we still finished 8 games above. 500 in the more dominant conference.

The Knicks and Nets will make the playoffs regardless because the east is terrible. But the west had injuries to Gasol, Kobe, Iggy, Redick Davis, Nash, Gallo. Heck We didn't have our 3 point guards yesterday and still beat an east playoff team.

Preach!

When lakers were struggling with injuries they just sucked. When other teams struggle with injuries, it's a legit excuse?

shep33
12-15-2013, 02:06 PM
Preach!

When lakers were struggling with injuries they just sucked. When other teams struggle with injuries, it's a legit excuse?

So ridiculous man. I'm out for vengeance on that lol.