PDA

View Full Version : Is Curry the best PG in the NBA right now?

shauneazy
12-14-2013, 11:56 AM
There seem to be people that believe Curry is the best PG in the game right now.

Do you think he's better than Chris Paul or Tony Parker? Anybody else better than Curry? I think he's a top PG, don't get me wrong, but in my opinion, he's no where near Parker or CP3 skills wise, only shooting.

1. CP3
2. Parker
3. Westbrook
4. Curry
5. Rondo / Rose (obviously when healthy)

RipCity32
12-14-2013, 11:58 AM
He's the best shooter at the position but no way is he a better PG than Paul or Parker in my opinion.

alexander_37
12-14-2013, 12:05 PM
I would take Curry over Westbrook. But Rose over Curry.

waveycrockett
12-14-2013, 12:07 PM
He's probably the best PG in the game as of this season. He is averaging 9 assists per game this season so I dont see how anyone can say he is purely a shooter. Defensively CP3 is much better tho.

waveycrockett
12-14-2013, 12:09 PM
I would take Curry over Westbrook. But Rose over Curry.

I would take Westbrook over any PG in the NBA just based on his potential kid is nasty.

ManRam
12-14-2013, 12:11 PM
Point God is still the Point God

:shrug:

Longhornfan1234
12-14-2013, 12:21 PM
CP3 is the best pg. Healthy Rondo is better than every PG in the NBA.

alexander_37
12-14-2013, 12:48 PM
I would take Westbrook over any PG in the NBA just based on his potential kid is nasty.

Million dollar talent 10 cent head.

Max.This
12-14-2013, 01:19 PM
Million dollar talent 10 cent head.

Its cause he's super competitive. Steph curry takes ridiculously hard shots , but the kid is probably the best shooter in the game besides kyle korver. I'd take curry over cp3 just because he gets buckets. Cp3 is probably better, but from a fan perspective its fun watching curry

RLundi
12-14-2013, 01:25 PM
Rondo doesn't belong in the top 5, healthy or not. Also, Chris Paul is hands down the best point guard. Curry is in the discussion but I think a serious case can be made just yet.

FlashBolt
12-14-2013, 01:32 PM
CP3 and Westbrook are better than him.

cmellofan15
12-14-2013, 01:40 PM
Point God is still the Point God

:shrug:

yeah, pretty much. CP3 reigns.

FraziersKnicks
12-14-2013, 01:50 PM
1. Chris Paul
2. Stephen Curry
3. Tony Parker
4. Russell Westbrook
5. John Wall

ThaDubs
12-14-2013, 01:56 PM
No. CP3 is still the best by far. I have no clue why some of you are putting Westbrook above Curry though. Curry at this point in the season is the second best point guard. But that doesn't matter, we are still 13-11.

Tblaze
12-14-2013, 02:02 PM
How's his defense?

ThaDubs
12-14-2013, 02:03 PM
How's his defense?

This is his best year in terms of Drtg.

leprechaun5
12-14-2013, 02:05 PM
CP3 is the best pg. Healthy Rondo is better than every PG in the NBA.

LOOL , rondo isn't a top 8 pg in this league ,probably not top 10.

sunsfan88
12-14-2013, 03:09 PM
No. CP3 is still the best by far. I have no clue why some of you are putting Westbrook above Curry though. Curry at this point in the season is the second best point guard. But that doesn't matter, we are still 13-11.
You have to look at overall play though in today's NBA.

Curry is a little better offensively than Westbrook offensively but Westbrook is a lot better defensively than Curry.

FlashBolt
12-14-2013, 03:11 PM
Some of you forget how good Rondo is.. He's a top 5 PG hands down.

WES KOAST
12-14-2013, 03:16 PM
You have to look at overall play though in today's NBA.

Curry is a little better offensively than Westbrook offensively but Westbrook is a lot better defensively than Curry.

huh? game on the line, I take westbrook over curry any time

NoahH
12-14-2013, 03:37 PM
He's probably the best PG in the game as of this season. He is averaging 9 assists per game this season so I dont see how anyone can say he is purely a shooter. Defensively CP3 is much better tho.

People always like to knock Curry as simply being a shooter, but his 9 assists per game definitely tells another tale.

leprechaun5
12-14-2013, 03:37 PM
Some of you forget how good Rondo is.. He's a top 5 PG hands down.

No he isn't.

Cp3,Parker,Westbrook,Curry,Wall,Irving,Dwill,Lawso n,Rose are all better , and you can have a case for 3 or 4 other PG .

TrueFan420
12-14-2013, 03:46 PM
Curry isn't the best but he's up there

Bruno
12-14-2013, 03:58 PM
tony parker hasn't been as good as he was last year, I wouldn't have him at second. I'd say Curry is comfortably second behind Paul.

ThaDubs
12-14-2013, 04:03 PM

Who cares? Curry's offensive numbers (points, efficiency, assists) are all better than Westbrook's. And Westbrook's defense hasn't been amazing. Better than Curry's, but not by much. Also Westbrook is a terrible leader and you could make a case for KD over him in terms of play making.

sunsfan88
12-14-2013, 04:06 PM

http://youtu.be/VenoQGaQ1B8

WES KOAST
12-14-2013, 04:07 PM
Who cares? Curry's offensive numbers (points, efficiency, assists) are all better than Westbrook's. And Westbrook's defense hasn't been amazing. Better than Curry's, but not by much. Also Westbrook is a terrible leader and you could make a case for KD over him in terms of play making.

kd/westbrook are championship caliber
kd/curry is not

what part of that didn't you understand?

ThaDubs
12-14-2013, 04:12 PM
kd/westbrook are championship caliber
kd/curry is not

what part of that didn't you understand?

KD and Curry isn't championship caliber??? What????

WES KOAST
12-14-2013, 04:15 PM
KD and Curry isn't championship caliber??? What????

no. sorry to pop your cherry but no. please don't ask me to come over and show you.

SPURSFAN1
12-14-2013, 04:21 PM
tony parker hasn't been as good as he was last year, I wouldn't have him at second. I'd say Curry is comfortably second behind Paul.

Parker leads his team to 2nd in the west and curry is leading his team to lottery team. Yes curry is better than parker and the best pg in the league.

ThaDubs
12-14-2013, 04:24 PM
no. sorry to pop your cherry but no. please don't ask me to come over and show you.

Please enlighten me.

Also- "popping someone's cherry" is slang for breaking someone's hymen during sexual intercourse. I think you meant "rain on your parade". Or at least I hope that's what you meant.

WES KOAST
12-14-2013, 04:26 PM
Please enlighten me.

Also- "popping someone's cherry" is slang for breaking someone's hymen during sexual intercourse. I think you meant "rain on your parade". Or at least I hope that's what you meant.

no, I meant what I said and I said what I meant

WadeKobe
12-14-2013, 04:28 PM

You're flat wrong on this. Not to mention, the idea that you would take a guy who barely shoots league average over a great shooter with the game on the line makes no sense. Literally, it doesn't make any sense.

ThaDubs
12-14-2013, 04:31 PM
You're flat wrong on this. Not to mention, the idea that you would take a guy who barely shoots league average over a great shooter with the game on the line makes no sense. Literally, it doesn't make any sense.

League average is .449%.
Westbrook shoots .410%.

SPURSFAN1
12-14-2013, 04:33 PM
Do people ever hear of intangibles?

WES KOAST
12-14-2013, 04:34 PM
League average is .466%.
Westbrook shoots .410%.

I see, so you play the game on paper then.

I would go into battle with westbrook over curry, stat or no stats.

WES KOAST
12-14-2013, 04:35 PM
Do people ever hear of intangibles?

apparently the other dude doesn't, it's either black or white for him. maybe he works for john Hollinger?

SPURSFAN1
12-14-2013, 04:38 PM
apparently the other dude doesn't, it's either black or white for him. maybe he works for john Hollinger?

lol westbrook also gets to the freethrow line more than curry. Does that go in FG%? lol

ThaDubs
12-14-2013, 04:49 PM
Curry edges Westbrook in PPG, APG, ****ing BPG, 3P%, 2P%, TS%, eFG%, Ortg, WS, WS/48, even that PIE ******** <------ all of this on a considerably lower USG%. And yes I know about basketball intangibles. Leadership, on ball defense, setting up the extra pass, setting good screens, altering shots, etc. Westbrook is ONLY better than Curry at on ball defense and rebounding. ON BALL DEFENSE AND REBOUNDING. Tell me how on ball defense and rebounding are more important that running an offense and scoring points, which is essentially what everything boils down to. And no, FT's per game doesn't go in FG%, but it does go in PPG if you make your FTs. Oh and looky here! Steph Curry averages 4 PPG more than Westbrook. Westbrook could average 10 FTs per game and Curry could average .5 and it wouldn't mean **** if Curry scored more PPG than Westbrook.

Hawkeye15
12-14-2013, 05:01 PM
CP3 easily, and when Westbrook gets healthy, I might still take him. But Curry has established himself as a top 10 player arguably, and a top 3-4 PG no doubt.

Hawkeye15
12-14-2013, 05:02 PM
people realize Westbrook didn't start the season healthy, and will get better and better, right?

SPURSFAN1
12-14-2013, 05:03 PM
Dam. 18-4 is still better than 13-11.

tredigs
12-14-2013, 05:05 PM
There seem to be people that believe Curry is the best PG in the game right now.

Do you think he's better than Chris Paul or Tony Parker? Anybody else better than Curry? I think he's a top PG, don't get me wrong, but in my opinion, he's no where near Parker or CP3 skills wise, only shooting.

1. CP3
2. Parker
3. Westbrook
4. Curry
5. Rondo / Rose (obviously when healthy)
"There seem to be people who think he's the best in the NBA" is a little ambiguous. Who? Professional analysts, scouts, some random kids on PSD...? I haven't seen that take more than a couple times, and not from anyone of note. I could be missing it tho'.

First of all, Chris Paul's the best point. Let's get that out of the way. He's a commander and a maestro on the court that only a handful of players in NBA history can match. To lead the league in assists + assist% and still average well under 3 apg is insane control. It's his ballhandling and decision making that set him apart. He's not without faults, though. IMO he's too passive too often, and his 3pt shooting has dropped off over the past few seasons to the point where this years he's not even league average.

Other than him, though, I don't think there's a point in the league that can combat the overall force of nature that is a hot Curry (which is a normal Curry). To put it in perspective, he's shooting just under 42% from three on 8 attempts a night and everyone in the Warriors forum is wondering what is wrong with his shot. Which is still higher than Westbrook's FG%. They both have their turnover issues, but to me Curry is clearly the superior passer and that's starting to be highlighted to the casual fan this season. And I like Westbrook a lot, but the "elite defense" mark that some still like to give him has always made me laugh. He's not a great defender. Curry isn't either, but he's improved to the point where he's not a liability.

Tony's awesome for the Spurs and clearly has that system down to a science, but if we're redrafting for a single season, I'd be very surprised if he went over a guy capable of 24/4/9 on a 60% TS while he's not playing peak ball.

Rose? Let's not go down that path. He hasn't played elite ball in years and I'll be happy if he's a top 20 PG when he gets back again.

1. Cp3
2. Curry
3/4: Parker/Westbrook
5+ = Wall/Lawson/Conley/Lillard group. Rubio's a tough one to place, but somewhere around here as well.

Hawkeye15
12-14-2013, 05:06 PM

Parker has long been a beast, but I wonder what he would look like if he had to be more of a #1 type player. He has long benefited from Pop's system, and the players surrounding him. Not taking anything away from him, he continually leads the league in points in the paint, has a good jumper now, doesn't turn it over, etc. Great player.

But, don't use team record to rank individual players. That is ridiculous.

tredigs
12-14-2013, 05:06 PM
people realize Westbrook didn't start the season healthy, and will get better and better, right?

For sure. I'd still put Curry over the best of Westbrook, but it's closer.

ThaDubs
12-14-2013, 05:08 PM

Good lord, just another dunce trying to use a team's record to make a case for an individual player. Unless Tony Parker is literally the only guy on the court for the Spurs your argument is absolutely inane.

SPURSFAN1
12-14-2013, 05:11 PM
Parker has long been a beast, but I wonder what he would look like if he had to be more of a #1 type player. He has long benefited from Pop's system, and the players surrounding him. Not taking anything away from him, he continually leads the league in points in the paint, has a good jumper now, doesn't turn it over, etc. Great player.

But, don't use team record to rank individual players. That is ridiculous.

i guess you missed tony parkers lay up drill yesterday?

Hawkeye15
12-14-2013, 05:17 PM
i guess you missed tony parkers lay up drill yesterday?

nope, saw every minute. That matters why?

I literally just said he leads the league in points in the paint, and you retort that?

tredigs
12-14-2013, 05:21 PM
Here's another thing to note with Curry: I would argue that his presence on the court anywhere within 6 feet of the 3pt line (he could be chewing gum, playing MarioKart, whatever) has more of a positive shot-creating impact on his teammates than 50% of NBA points are capable of with the ball in their hands. Throw in the fact that he has an elite dribble drive + mid-range jumper and it's almost unfair how much he collapses a D. Iguodala shooting 48% from 3 on the highest volume of his career before he went down wasn't entirely a fluke, I and a lot of others called him having the best shooting season of his career this season, and I think that trend continues when he gets back (won't be the 55% from the field / 48% from 3 that he's at right now, but it will stay high).

John Walls Era
12-14-2013, 05:31 PM
Westbrook is better. Shooting? Yes Curry is the best PG at shooting. But Westbrook is the complete package.

ThaDubs
12-14-2013, 05:40 PM
Westbrook is better. Shooting? Yes Curry is the best PG at shooting. But Westbrook is the complete package.

Lol.

SPURSFAN1
12-14-2013, 06:03 PM

He's not the complete package though. He just better than curry though.

ThaDubs
12-14-2013, 06:12 PM
He's not the complete package though. He just better than curry though.

How? He's better at on ball defense and rebounding. Curry is better at scoring on a higher efficiency and running the offense. He's got a higher PIE, PER, and EFF. He's just better than Westbrook. You have yet to make a good case for Westbrook.

tredigs
12-14-2013, 06:12 PM
Westbrook's nice in transition and used to be great at crashing the offensive glass on his teams jumpers, but he's still good there. Defensively he's always been overrated, but he's not bad. Probably a mini upgrade over Curry there once he gets back to full strength. Not enough for me to counter Curry's scoring (shooters are guys like Korver, not 24 ppg scorers) and playmaking prowess at this point, though. The next peg down.

ThaDubs
12-14-2013, 06:13 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=westbru01&y1=2014&p2=curryst01&y2=2014

lol, please
12-14-2013, 06:15 PM
Absolutely. Without question.

lol, please
12-14-2013, 06:17 PM
Good lord, just another dunce trying to use a team's record to make a case for an individual player. Unless Tony Parker is literally the only guy on the court for the Spurs your argument is absolutely inane.This. :laugh2:

Here's another thing to note with Curry: I would argue that his presence on the court anywhere within 6 feet of the 3pt line (he could be chewing gum, playing MarioKart, whatever) has more of a positive shot-creating impact on his teammates than 50% of NBA points are capable of with the ball in their hands. Throw in the fact that he has an elite dribble drive + mid-range jumper and it's almost unfair how much he collapses a D. Iguodala shooting 48% from 3 on the highest volume of his career before he went down wasn't entirely a fluke, I and a lot of others called him having the best shooting season of his career this season, and I think that trend continues when he gets back (won't be the 55% from the field / 48% from 3 that he's at right now, but it will stay high).

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=westbru01&y1=2014&p2=curryst01&y2=2014

:clap:

John Walls Era
12-14-2013, 06:24 PM
BTW if you're going to regurgitate advanced stats from other websites can the same people help me look for a stat to predict wins instead of wasting everyone's time with stats no one gives a **** about?

ThaDubs
12-14-2013, 06:26 PM
BTW if you're going to regurgitate advanced stats from other websites can the same people help me look for a stat to predict wins instead of wasting everyone's time with stats no one gives a **** about?

We are trying to determine who the better player is, where the **** did wins come from?

tredigs
12-14-2013, 06:31 PM

You could try "wins produced", where Curry is rated well higher than the best of Westbrook (obviously crushing him this season in particular). Or, do you have something of worth to offer?

odiz
12-14-2013, 06:46 PM
Its cause he's super competitive. Steph curry takes ridiculously hard shots , but the kid is probably the best shooter in the game besides kyle korver. I'd take curry over cp3 just because he gets buckets. Cp3 is probably better, but from a fan perspective its fun watching curry

Id love to see the percentages Curry would shoot if he was a role player who just hung out on the perimeter waiting for the kick out to take an open three like Korver does. Probably 60% or so from three. Korvers a really good shooter but Curry is probably the best shooter in the history of the game. Thats not even an exaggeration.

odiz
12-14-2013, 06:52 PM

Westbrook is shooting 41%. He plays with one of the best and most efficient scorers in history. Westbrook still takes more shots then Durant. That tells you what sort of package Westbrook is.

WadeKobe
12-14-2013, 06:53 PM

All composite linear stats are used in prediction work. Hollinger has a model for the conversion of PER into wins.

The issue is not using a stat, but findig good stats and developing methodologies.

I think the bigger problem is that what you're discussing isn't a real thing. No one suggests stats are able to predict the future, nor settle it. Stats are meant to describe what happened. Then, the goal is to help them isolate a player's contributions enough to where they can become more prescriptive and predictive of player success when placed in a new context and projected over the life of a contract. It's hard work.

However, even the best predictive statistics can't account for injuries, early declines, steep declines, or the fact that sometimes players just have longer than usual slumps which result in a down year. Humans play the game. Front offices should try to utilize the best resources to predict future player performance, and statistics should seek to describe what took place.

So, the problem isn't the stats, or even the fact that the best ones are dependent on methodologies and unfixed future events in terms of their predictive accuracy when put to full-season predictions.

The problem is that most people don't understand the stats they use. They haven't researched them. Do people here who use PER even know what it measures? Do thy know how it measures it? Can they articulate the difference between a 12.8 and a 17.2 PER? Can they quantify tha difference in meaningful terms?

Do they know how WinShares is calculated? Do they know how it rates and relates in comparison to other Win/Value based metrics?

Did they know that PER readily adjusts to a Wins value metric, which might then disagree with WinShares?

Have they ever heard of, and can they discuss any of the following statistics?

82games Simple Rating
Wins Produced
Plus/Minus
Adjusted Plus/Minus
Adjusted Statistical Plus/Minus (VORP)
Basketball Prospectus VORP
Regularized Adjusted Plus/Minus
ezPlus/Minus

Do they know what usg% even means or represents when they factor it into discussions of win contribution and sliding efficiency?

The problem is most people on this site only know how to look up players on BRef and look at PER and WS, and then decide 2>1.

Even with that ignorance, I don't know of a single poster who thinks we can forgo the games and use stats to determine winners, which appears to be the tired trope you've brought here.

If you wanna complain, fine. Level a valid complaint.

However, if you're actually asking an honest question, check out SportSkeptic's NBA Stats Retrodiction Contest posts. He runs analysis on how well multiple advanced stats perform both descriptively and predictively, and then tests blends to see if combining methods can produce better results.

ThaDubs
12-14-2013, 06:57 PM
All composite linear stats are used in prediction work. Hollinger has a model for the conversion of PER into wins.

The issue is not using a stat, but findig good stats and developing methodologies.

I think the bigger problem is that what you're discussing isn't a real thing. No one suggests stats are able to predict the future, nor settle it. Stats are meant to describe what happened. Then, the goal is to help them isolate a player's contributions enough to where they can become more prescriptive and predictive of player success when placed in a new context and projected over the life of a contract. It's hard work.

However, even the best predictive statistics can't account for injuries, early declines, steep declines, or the fact that sometimes players just have longer than usual slumps which result in a down year. Humans play the game. Front offices should try to utilize the best resources to predict future player performance, and statistics should seek to describe what took place.

So, the problem isn't the stats, or even the fact that the best ones are dependent on methodologies and unfixed future events in terms of their predictive accuracy when put to full-season predictions.

The problem is that most people don't understand the stats they use. They haven't researched them. Do people here who use PER even know what it measures? Do thy know how it measures it? Can they articulate the difference between a 12.8 and a 17.2 PER? Can they quantify tha difference in meaningful terms?

Do they know how WinShares is calculated? Do they know how it rates and relates in comparison to other Win/Value based metrics?

Did they know that PER readily adjusts to a Wins value metric, which might then disagree with WinShares?

Have they ever heard of, and can they discuss any of the following statistics?

82games Simple Rating
Wins Produced
Plus/Minus
Adjusted Plus/Minus
Adjusted Statistical Plus/Minus (VORP)
Basketball Prospectus VORP
Regularized Adjusted Plus/Minus
ezPlus/Minus

Do they know what usg% even means or represents when they factor it into discussions of win contribution and sliding efficiency?

The problem is most people on this site only know how to look up players on BRef and look at PER and WS, and then decide 2>1.

Even with that ignorance, I don't know of a single poster who thinks we can forgo the games and use stats to determine winners, which appears to be the tired trope you've brought here.

If you wanna complain, fine. Level a valid complaint.

Great post.

WadeKobe
12-14-2013, 07:01 PM
Great post.

I made it even better.

BrandoCommando
12-14-2013, 07:27 PM
1. Chris Paul
2. Stephen Curry
3. Tony Parker
4. Russell Westbrook
5. John Wall

^ my list is pretty identical to this. Curry is the second best PG right now imo.

Guppyfighter
12-15-2013, 12:51 AM
Id love to see the percentages Curry would shoot if he was a role player who just hung out on the perimeter waiting for the kick out to take an open three like Korver does. Probably 60% or so from three. Korvers a really good shooter but Curry is probably the best shooter in the history of the game. Thats not even an exaggeration.

Curry shoots 50 percent on spot ups and 56 percent on corner threes.

SPURSFAN1
12-15-2013, 01:03 AM
Westbrook .195WS/48 last year. Curry .180 last year.

Someone playing better at the moment doesn't mean he is the better player. Westbrook was playing better than curry, then he got injured. westbrook had surgery and couldn't practice during the summer. He is playing a little rusty right now. Does that mean curry is the better player? Hell no. If I could pick one of the two right now? Westbrook hands down. Curry to injury prone. Westbrook got injured through a contact play, but curry gets injured through noncontact play.

Guppyfighter
12-15-2013, 01:09 AM
Westbrook .195WS/48 last year. Curry .180 last year.

Someone playing better at the moment doesn't mean he is the better player. Westbrook was playing better than curry, then he got injured. westbrook had surgery and couldn't practice during the summer. He is playing a little rusty right now. Does that mean curry is the better player? Hell no. If I could pick one of the two right now? Westbrook hands down. Curry to injury prone. Westbrook got injured through a contact play, but curry gets injured through noncontact play.

Curry's played 70+ games in three of four years and have only missed two games this year to a concussion.

Stop playing doctor. You don't know what injury prone means and you aren't able to deduce anything.

JasonJohnHorn
12-15-2013, 01:11 AM
If you asked me who I'd want going forward, I'd like take CP3 for the next 3-4 years in almost every situation, though it would depend on the rest of the roster.

If healthy, I would take Curry over any other point guard in the league right now. He's the best shooter at his position and he is a solid play maker. I haven't gotten to watch him play much, so I can't speak to his defense, but he looked pretty good in the playoff last season.

Westbrook is obviously the better rebounder, but his shooting percentage and A/T ratio isn't great, but I guess Curry's isn't either.

CP3 is the best in the game. After that there are a handful of maybe five guys that at in contention, but health is an issue for most of them.

SPURSFAN1
12-15-2013, 01:13 AM
Tony parker hands down the best PG in the league.

jerellh528
12-15-2013, 01:27 AM
Westbrook is shooting 41%. He plays with one of the best and most efficient scorers in history. Westbrook still takes more shots then Durant. That tells you what sort of package Westbrook is.

This is where people who don't understand the game much go wrong, they rely too much on numbers. That Okc team is one of the tops in the league, they need westy to do exactly what he does. Same with ai's sixers, etc. It's not all about efficiency, fg% and ts%. Different types of players are better suited in different schemes and teams. Westy is just as great and important on his team as curry on his. Different roles. Of course there's a point where it can become a detriment, see agent 0.

TheMightyHumph
12-15-2013, 01:49 AM

Curry is one of the best PGs in the league, but Warriors interest in Lowry suggests they'd like to have the ball in someone else's hands at PG.

Guppyfighter
12-15-2013, 01:53 AM
This is where people who don't understand the game much go wrong, they rely too much on numbers. That Okc team is one of the tops in the league, they need westy to do exactly what he does. Same with ai's sixers, etc. It's not all about efficiency, fg% and ts%. Different types of players are better suited in different schemes and teams. Westy is just as great and important on his team as curry on his. Different roles. Of course there's a point where it can become a detriment, see agent 0.

Considering how efficient the Thunder are it's actually an extreme knock on Westbrook for being inefficient. If you can't be efficient with Ibaka and Durant, imagine without them.

Westbrook needs them more than they need West.

goingfor28
12-15-2013, 01:59 AM
Cp3>all

Monta is beast
12-15-2013, 02:15 AM
I dont think he is. Too many turnovers

Allphakenny1
12-15-2013, 02:31 AM
Curry is one of the best PGs in the league, but Warriors interest in Lowry suggests they'd like to have the ball in someone else's hands at PG.

So so very wrong. A back up PG is one of the more important bench positions in the league. Curry should not be playing 48 minutes a game, which means he needs to sit at times. I think the Warriors would rather have Lowry than the current back up Douglas. If you think them going after Lowry is a knock on Curry then you have no idea what you are talking about.

PowerHouse
12-15-2013, 02:47 AM
I think CP3 saw this thread. He just dropped 38 and 12 with 3 steals on 11/14 from the field.

jerellh528
12-15-2013, 03:13 AM
Considering how efficient the Thunder are it's actually an extreme knock on Westbrook for being inefficient. If you can't be efficient with Ibaka and Durant, imagine without them.

Westbrook needs them more than they need West.
Yet it's weird how Okc's record without westy is 8-10 and durants % drops significantly.

SPURSFAN1
12-15-2013, 03:24 AM
Yet it's weird how Okc's record without westy is 8-10 and durants % drops significantly.

Please. No truth bombs here.

ThaDubs
12-15-2013, 03:30 AM
WES KOAST and SPURSFAN1 are two of the dumbest guys I've ever argued with on PSD, and to argue with both of them in one day, AT THE SAME DAMN TIME, it just unbelievable.

tredigs
12-15-2013, 03:36 AM

Still got through a playoff series without him while putting up 31/9/6 on a high TS. I wouldn't exactly say Durant wilts without Westbrook, but the rest cast did. A team needs more than 1 player on offense capable of taking off pressure off of other players, and without Harden that's no longer the case in OKC if Westbrook is out. It's even uglier when KD is the one out and Westbrook is left at the helm.

Goes to the point on Golden State possibly showing interest Lowry. That 2nd unit badly needs someone to help take the pressure off of whichever starter they leave in to help run the offense (since Iggy and others have been out and Barnes has had to start it's especially bad). Never a bad thing to have a possible smaller lineup of Lowry in there with both Splash Bros running off the ball, either.

jerellh528
12-15-2013, 03:41 AM
Still got through a playoff series without him while putting up 31/9/6 on a high TS. I wouldn't exactly say Durant wilts without Westbrook, but the rest cast did. A team needs more than 1 player on offense capable of taking off pressure off of other players, and without Harden that's no longer the case in OKC if Westbrook is out. It's even uglier when KD is the one out and Westbrook is left at the helm.

Goes to the point on Golden State possibly showing interest Lowry. That 2nd unit badly needs someone to help take the pressure off of whichever starter they leave in to help run the offense (since Iggy and others have been out and Barnes has had to start it's especially bad). Never a bad thing to have a possible smaller lineup of Lowry in there with both Splash Bros running off the ball, either.

Well yeah, durant is beastly and the undisputed 2nd best player in the nba. I just was pointing out that Westbrook does have a big value to his team and plays his role well even though his efficiency is lower than most people like from an all star caliber player. Sometimes teams need a player like Westbrook as opposed to an uber efficient guy who doesn't put the amount of pressure on defenses that Westbrook does.

ThaDubs
12-15-2013, 03:51 AM
Well yeah, durant is beastly and the undisputed 2nd best player in the nba. I just was pointing out that Westbrook does have a big value to his team and plays his role well even though his efficiency is lower than most people like from an all star caliber player. Sometimes teams need a player like Westbrook as opposed to an uber efficient guy who doesn't put the amount of pressure on defenses that Westbrook does.

Westbrook is a highly overrated defender and Curry get's way more **** for his defense than he deserves. If Curry is a 6/10 or so defensively, Westbrook is no more than 7/10.

nastynice
12-15-2013, 03:53 AM
I don't know what the hell is going on in this thread, but this pretty much sums it up

CP3 is the best in the game. After that there are a handful of maybe five guys that at in contention, but health is an issue for most of them.

jerellh528
12-15-2013, 03:53 AM
Westbrook is a highly overrated defender and Curry get's way more **** for his defense than he deserves. If Curry is a 6/10 or so defensively, Westbrook is no more than 7/10.

Dude, I'm not saying Westbrook is better. They both do exactly what their team needs so it's hard to say who's better. Although curry is a personal favorite of mine.

tredigs
12-15-2013, 03:57 AM

There's a lot to be said for the need for certain teams to have a guy capable of explosive offense and taking pressure off of other players - even at the expense of his own efficiency at times - fully agreed (IMO you have this more on teams with poor offensive coaches or young talent). Best to have the ability to be both obviously, and sometime Westbrook just gets in more of a ball-stopping mode ala Monta in Golden State which is never a good thing, but for the most part I'm all about Westbrook and his style.

Monta is beast
12-15-2013, 04:54 AM
Honestly this is a bad thread.

1. Paul
2. Westbrook
3. Curry
4. Parker
5. Lilliard

No one can control a game like Paul, Westbrook showed his value when he was out, Curry's been ballin, but his defense isn't at the level of Westbrook or Paul (when he wants to defend), and his turnovers are holding him back. But like Curry said, he's barely scratching the surface of his talent. He can still improve on his turnovers, getting to the line more, expanding his three point range to where he needs to be picked up near the half court line. These are all things he can do. He's 26, players hit their primes between 28-32. Imo hes going down as an ATG

Monta is beast
12-15-2013, 04:55 AM
In his prime I could see him averaging 30 and 11

SPURSFAN1
12-15-2013, 02:57 PM
Finals MVP, 3 Rings, Multiple other Conference Final's Appearances, Just played a Finals, Won Gold in the summer, in his PRIME. Proven leader. Dude makes 12mil a year. Definitely best PG in the league. What's on your PG's resume?

SPURSFAN1
12-15-2013, 03:05 PM
Skills challenge?

GSRaider
12-15-2013, 03:32 PM
Curry is my favorite player in the game... But he's currently not better than CP3... I think you can make a very strong argument that Curry is the 2nd best PG in the game and a top 10 player. If and when Curry cuts down on the turnovers and if he continues to improve on the defensive side of the ball, I then think you could make an argument that Curry is the best PG in the NBA.

Curry is putting up incredible numbers so far this season - 24 ppg 9 apg 4 rpg 1.7 spg (side note... in his last 10 games he's putting up 28 ppg 9 apg... Those are MVP numbers)

ThaDubs
12-15-2013, 03:57 PM
Finals MVP, 3 Rings, Multiple other Conference Final's Appearances, Just played a Finals, Won Gold in the summer, in his PRIME. Proven leader. Dude makes 12mil a year. Definitely best PG in the league. What's on your PG's resume?

Who cares about his past achievements? If that's really what you're resorting to to make a case for Tony Parker as the best PG in the league, you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Tony Parker has never been the best PG in the league.

He's averaging 18 ppg, 2.6 rpg, and 6.1 apg, with a 20.2 PER.

How is that better than 23.9 ppg, 4.1 rpg, and 9 apg, with a 23.7 PER?

Let alone 19.7 ppg, 4.6 rpg, and 11.5 apg, with a 28.3 PER?

CP3 and Curry are clearly superior to Tony Parker. It doesn't matter what he's done in the past, for all anyone cares he could have averaged 40 ppg over his last 5 seasons and it wouldn't be relevant to now.

ThaDubs
12-15-2013, 03:59 PM
In December Curry is averaging 29, 4, and 10!!!

SPURSFAN1
12-15-2013, 04:35 PM
Who cares about his past achievements? If that's really what you're resorting to to make a case for Tony Parker as the best PG in the league, you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Tony Parker has never been the best PG in the league.

He's averaging 18 ppg, 2.6 rpg, and 6.1 apg, with a 20.2 PER.

How is that better than 23.9 ppg, 4.1 rpg, and 9 apg, with a 23.7 PER?

Let alone 19.7 ppg, 4.6 rpg, and 11.5 apg, with a 28.3 PER?

CP3 and Curry are clearly superior to Tony Parker. It doesn't matter what he's done in the past, for all anyone cares he could have averaged 40 ppg over his last 5 seasons and it wouldn't be relevant to now.

Maybe second round exit is the best curry can do. Everyone knows the spurs don't try in the regular season. Tony will never put up big numbers or big minutes until they count. That doesn't mean curry is better than parker. If I want to win, I pick parker.

ThaDubs
12-15-2013, 04:38 PM
Maybe second round exit is the best curry can do. Everyone knows the spurs don't try in the regular season. Tony will never put up big numbers or big minutes until they count. That doesn't mean curry is better than parker. If I want to win, I pick parker.

Curry was better in the playoffs than Tony Parker.

SPURSFAN1
12-15-2013, 04:42 PM
Curry was better in the playoffs than Tony Parker.

One good game then being garbage for the rest of the games does not make curry better. Also it was tony that sparked that game 1 comeback. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqMYHEl85Cg

danny green then shut down curry for like the last 3 games.

So the only good game curry had, tony outshined him in the end. Tony is such a good CLOSER.

SPURSFAN1
12-15-2013, 04:52 PM
Spurs vs Warriors 6 games

per game tony 22.5 points 19 shots 6 assist 2.5 turnovers
per game curry 22.5 points 21 shots 6.8 assist 3.3 turnovers

tony looks a little better. Tony then goes monster vs grizz and heat. Curry is all powder and puff.

COOLbeans
12-15-2013, 04:56 PM
Spurs vs Warriors 6 games

per game tony 22.5 points 19 shots 6 assist 2.5 turnovers
per game curry 22.5 points 21 shots 6.8 assist 3.3 turnovers

tony looks a little better. Tony then goes monster vs grizz and heat. Curry is all powder and puff.

Why are you obsessed with proving Tony Parker's better than Curry?

SPURSFAN1
12-15-2013, 04:59 PM
Why are you obsessed with proving Tony Parker's better than Curry?

Thread asks people if Curry is the best PG in the league. Usually people respond with who they think are better. Then facts are thrown out. Do you feel offended somehow?

FlashBolt
12-15-2013, 05:14 PM
Are you guys really arguing Curry vs Parker? This isn't even a debate. Parker isn't a huge name like Curry because no one cares for the Spurs but how can you even ignore what he does? Curry is playing nearly 7 more minutes than Parker. Curry isn't leading his team to victories. On the other hand, you have Parker who is a great leader and has been a huge part of the SAS success. Curry may be better in 2-3 years but give me Parker if you're asking me to build on Curry or Parker for three years. And to no debate, CP3 is clearly the best point guard. LAC should consider a CP3 for Curry trade or something because Curry would be an amazing fit to that system.

tredigs
12-15-2013, 05:36 PM
Are you guys really arguing Curry vs Parker? This isn't even a debate. Parker isn't a huge name like Curry because no one cares for the Spurs but how can you even ignore what he does? Curry is playing nearly 7 more minutes than Parker. Curry isn't leading his team to victories. On the other hand, you have Parker who is a great leader and has been a huge part of the SAS success. Curry may be better in 2-3 years but give me Parker if you're asking me to build on Curry or Parker for three years. And to no debate, CP3 is clearly the best point guard. LAC should consider a CP3 for Curry trade or something because Curry would be an amazing fit to that system.

Incredible, compelling arguments.

FlashBolt
12-15-2013, 05:39 PM
Incredible, compelling arguments.

Is there a need to go in-depth? Only your local fans think Curry>Parker. Anyone who watches basketball doesn't even have to explain this comparison.

tredigs
12-15-2013, 05:41 PM
Is there a need to go in-depth? Only your local fans think Curry>Parker. Anyone who watches basketball doesn't even have to explain this comparison.

Do you even know what direction you would go? That comment was a mishmash of confusion and lack of any insight on head to head comparisons. You feel lost.

ThaDubs
12-15-2013, 05:47 PM

Lmao

NYMetros
12-15-2013, 05:56 PM
Parker and CP3 are still easily better.

Curry and Westbrook are about the same in my eyes.

SPURSFAN1
12-15-2013, 05:57 PM

You can't argue with warrior fans. Then they act all persecuted when you reply thought out responses like the guy that asked why "I" was "obsessed" proving parker was better than curry. Then when you don't provide anything, they try to belittle you. They are the "obsessed" people making threads like "is curry the best PG in the NBA." hahahahahaaha but no warrior fan actually tells him it's to early. Why is that? Delusional much? Probably.

tredigs
12-15-2013, 06:04 PM
"Former 5 time All Star and starting PG on perennial contender San Antonio Spurs is not as popular as 0 time All Star Steph Curry. Also, he is playing many less minutes than Curry and is the leader of the Spurs success. Other factors involved need not be discussed because it is very obvious that he is much superior to all fans in the league. Also, CP3 is definitely the best point guard in the NBA and the Clippers should definitely trade him for Steph Curry. The end."

This is what you wrote.

I have 0 issues with anyone taking Parker over Curry, it's a fair argument that I disagree with. But don't come in here with this nonsense, dude.

NYMetros
12-15-2013, 06:10 PM
Curry to me needs to work on handling the ball better at the end of games. Seems like he gets too careless and nonchalant and makes some bad decisions and turnovers in crunch time. I don't really trust him at the end of games unless he's just shooting it.

tredigs
12-15-2013, 06:20 PM
Curry to me needs to work on handling the ball better at the end of games. Seems like he gets too careless and nonchalant and makes some bad decisions and turnovers in crunch time. I don't really trust him at the end of games unless he's just shooting it.

I wouldn't entirely agree here. He turns it over at a high rate, but the turnovers are far worse when he's off the floor. It's a product of having the only other player currently on the team with playmaking ability currently out.

As a rule, I definitely want the ball in the hands of a guy with great ball handling ability and the #1 spot-up shot in the NBA to end a game. Worked out nicely in the iso game winner on Dallas a few games ago.

As far as the Warriors winning, they won't be consistent with Iggy out. A team can't have 1 player capable of handling the ball at a high rate.

ThaDubs
12-15-2013, 06:34 PM
You can't argue with warrior fans. Then they act all persecuted when you reply thought out responses like the guy that asked why "I" was "obsessed" proving parker was better than curry. Then when you don't provide anything, they try to belittle you. They are the "obsessed" people making threads like "is curry the best PG in the NBA." hahahahahaaha but no warrior fan actually tells him it's to early. Why is that? Delusional much? Probably.

None of us think he is the best. CP3 is still the Point God. He's just better than Parker and Westbrook. I've made multiple valid arguments and you keep retaliating by bringing up Tony's past accolades. And since ya'll are whining and saying bringing up numbers doesn't matter since Curry is playing 7 more minutes per game than Parker, I went ahead and looked at the per 36 numbers.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=curryst01&y1=2014&p2=parketo01&y2=2014

Curry per 36: 23 points, 4 rebounds, 8.6 assists
Parker per 36: 21.3 points, 3.1 rebounds, 7.2 assists

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=curryst01&y1=2013&p2=parketo01&y2=2013

The link I posted above is a comparison of last years season and playoffs, since SPURSFAN1 disagreed with me when I stated that Curry was better in the postseason.

Curry postseason: 23.4 points, 3.8 rebounds, 8.1 assists
Parker postseason: 20.6 points, 3.2 rebounds, 7.0 assists

And before you make the argument that Curry played more minutes in the postseason than Parker, lets look at last year's playoff per 36 numbers for both players:

Curry postseason per 36: 20.4 points, 3.3 rebounds, 7.0 assists
Parker postseason per 36: 20.3 points, 3.2 rebounds, 6.9 assists

So yeah, it's kind of funny actual, Curry per 36 in last years playoffs averaged exactly .1 more than Parker in all three major statistical categories.

Curry is BETTER.

SPURSFAN1
12-15-2013, 06:56 PM
None of us think he is the best. CP3 is still the Point God. He's just better than Parker and Westbrook. I've made multiple valid arguments and you keep retaliating by bringing up Tony's past accolades. And since ya'll are whining and saying bringing up numbers doesn't matter since Curry is playing 7 more minutes per game than Parker, I went ahead and looked at the per 36 numbers.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=curryst01&y1=2014&p2=parketo01&y2=2014

Curry per 36: 23 points, 4 rebounds, 8.6 assists
Parker per 36: 21.3 points, 3.1 rebounds, 7.2 assists

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=curryst01&y1=2013&p2=parketo01&y2=2013

The link I posted above is a comparison of last years season and playoffs, since SPURSFAN1 disagreed with me when I stated that Curry was better in the postseason.

Curry postseason: 23.4 points, 3.8 rebounds, 8.1 assists
Parker postseason: 20.6 points, 3.2 rebounds, 7.0 assists

And before you make the argument that Curry played more minutes in the postseason than Parker, lets look at last year's playoff per 36 numbers for both players:

Curry postseason per 36: 20.4 points, 3.3 rebounds, 7.0 assists
Parker postseason per 36: 20.3 points, 3.2 rebounds, 6.9 assists

So yeah, it's kind of funny actual, Curry per 36 in last years playoffs averaged exactly .1 more than Parker in all three major statistical categories.

Curry is BETTER.

Any regular season stats are worthless for parker. He doesn't push the action in the regular season. Now the post season per 36 seems like a good indicator of talent. Parker played 21 games in the playoffs while curry could barely make 12 games before falling apart. Keeping those per game 36 stats over a long stretch for parker is way more impressive than a measly 12 games. Parker is GOD and curry is not. Also CP3 hasn't done jack *** and I can't put him over parker. Just ask doc about it.

ThaDubs
12-15-2013, 06:59 PM
Any regular season stats are worthless for parker. He doesn't push the action in the regular season. Now the post season per 36 seems like a good indicator of talent. Parker played 21 games in the playoffs while curry could barely make 12 games before falling apart. Keeping those per game 36 stats over a long stretch for parker is way more impressive than a measly 12 games. Parker is GOD and curry is not. Also CP3 hasn't done jack *** and I can't put him over parker. Just ask doc about it.

**** Doc Rivers, it's obvious CP3 is the best point guard in the league, and he's the SOLE reason Parker has been in the All-NBA 2nd team the last 2 years and not the 1st. CP3 is miles above Parker, always has been, always will be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZAiq3YCx8s

I'd like you to find me one basketball skill that Tony Parker is better than CP3 in.

SPURSFAN1
12-15-2013, 07:09 PM
**** Doc Rivers, it's obvious CP3 is the best point guard in the league, and he's the SOLE reason Parker has been in the All-NBA 2nd team the last 2 years and not the 1st. CP3 is miles above Parker, always has been, always will be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZAiq3YCx8s

I'd like you to find me one basketball skill that Tony Parker is better than CP3 in.

Penetration, Points in the Paint. I could say more, but I don't think you'd understand.

edit: forgot to put a youtube up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9zt_pFdxZE
he only played 3 quarters. get the drift?

Monta is beast
12-15-2013, 07:10 PM
Lets offer curry for parker nd see what these spurs fans are saying then aha. How are you gonna say with a straight face that Parker is better than curry? Curry right now is playing at a higher level than parker ever has and hes 26. Gimme a ****in break

SPURSFAN1
12-15-2013, 07:20 PM
Lets offer curry for parker nd see what these spurs fans are saying then aha. How are you gonna say with a straight face that Parker is better than curry? Curry right now is playing at a higher level than parker ever has and hes 26. Gimme a ****in break

Ever or has been? You trolling me right now? Trade parker for curry straightup? You smoking? Is curry ever healthy? He is so icy hot. WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? Parker is the total package and curry is just not even close.

WARRIORS@GR
12-15-2013, 07:23 PM
Anybody who says he wouldn't trade Parker for Curry is dumb.

SPURSFAN1
12-15-2013, 07:25 PM

Now I understand the level of fanaticism. The whole cali media is feeding ya too much bull. stop drinking the koolaid.

naps
12-15-2013, 07:26 PM
Chris Paul is the best PG in the league, by a considerable margin. Curry is pretty darn good though. If he can improve his health and defense he will be a very special player. Funny thing is Curry would be labeled as the greatest thing since MJ if he was in New York, Chicago, or LA now.

WARRIORS@GR
12-15-2013, 07:33 PM
I don't get the issues with Curry's health.Is the 2011/12 season all that matters?Because he's played most of the games through the rest of his career.

ThaDubs
12-15-2013, 07:47 PM
Penetration, Points in the Paint. I could say more, but I don't think you'd understand.

edit: forgot to put a youtube up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9zt_pFdxZE
he only played 3 quarters. get the drift?

Who cares about points in the paint? Points are points, and Chris Paul scores and generates more of them. And no, it's not that you "could say more but I wouldn't understand", it's just that you have nothing else to say, period.

SPURSFAN1
12-15-2013, 08:02 PM
Who cares about points in the paint? Points are points, and Chris Paul scores and generates more of them. And no, it's not that you "could say more but I wouldn't understand", it's just that you have nothing else to say, period.

All lobs and no work. How did it turn out last year? You can do it during the regular season but not the playoffs.

ThaDubs
12-15-2013, 08:12 PM
All lobs and no work. How did it turn out last year? You can do it during the regular season but not the playoffs.

You just sound stupid. Stop.

Chris paul averaged 23 points on 53% FGs in the playoffs last year. Blake Griffin was just terrible and that's why the Clippers didn't go anywhere.

CP3 put up a stat line last game that hasn't been seen in 28 years.

In Parker's last game he put up 15 points on 6-15 shooting. #beastmode

Hawkeye15
12-15-2013, 08:13 PM

are you actually trying to push a homer agenda down everyones throats that Parker is better than Paul? The only PG better than Paul in history is Magic Johnson in all likelihood. I bet Chris wishes he had Timmy, Manu, and company, versus the garbage he played with up until very, very recently.

Parker is a great player, but not in Paul's realm.

SPURSFAN1
12-15-2013, 08:15 PM
are you actually trying to push a homer agenda down everyones throats that Parker is better than Paul? The only PG better than Paul in history is Magic Johnson in all likelihood. I bet Chris wishes he had Timmy, Manu, and company, versus the garbage he played with up until very, very recently.

Parker is a great player, but not in Paul's realm.

Please. Magic called tony parker the best point guard in the nba during the playoffs. Nothing has changed since then. Please stop with your weak assumptions.

edit: I guess Magic is a homer now too. When will it stop.

WARRIORS@GR
12-15-2013, 08:17 PM
Please. Magic called tony parker the best point guard in the nba during the playoffs. Nothing has changed since then. Please stop with your weak assumptions.Nice argument.And Jordan keeps saying Kobe is better than Lebron.Should we believe that too?

ThaDubs
12-15-2013, 08:19 PM
Please. Magic called tony parker the best point guard in the nba during the playoffs. Nothing has changed since then. Please stop with your weak assumptions.

edit: I guess Magic is a homer now too. When will it stop.

No he didn't. Link please.

Even if he did say it (which he didn't) he'd still be utterly wrong.

ThaDubs
12-15-2013, 08:19 PM
Nice argument.And Jordan keeps saying Kobe is better than Lebron.Should we believe that too?

#thankyougreece #logiconpsd

ThaDubs
12-15-2013, 08:20 PM
Charles Barkley also said Paul George is better than LeBron.

Guppyfighter
12-15-2013, 08:21 PM
That's the problem with this forum. There are legitmate statistical arguments for Curry and the responses are boiled down to "Ya'll don't know anything" and "WINS BABY"

How insufferable.

COOLbeans
12-15-2013, 08:30 PM
Lol y'all lol TEXAS

ThaDubs
12-15-2013, 08:33 PM
That's the problem with this forum. There are legitmate statistical arguments for Curry and the responses are boiled down to "Ya'll don't know anything" and "WINS BABY"

How insufferable.

I did a lot of typing and researching only to be responded with "winswinswinswinswinswinswinsplayoffsplayoffspastac colades".

SPURSFAN1
12-15-2013, 08:36 PM
Lol y'all lol TEXAS

NASAs calling.

Guppyfighter
12-15-2013, 08:41 PM
Curry is just as efficient as Parker, with better volume numbers, and while playing more minutes. It's honestly not close. Curry is better than Parker. Seriously, the argument the Spurs win more? Do people forget who the Spurs are?

SugeKnight
12-15-2013, 08:57 PM
As a warrior fan I'm worried about Bledsoe. His length is the best way to guard Curry.

Monta is beast
12-15-2013, 09:02 PM
This cats of tony parkers dick its coo jus ignore him. Like i said my top 5 would be

Paul
Westbrook
Curry
Parker
D will (4th when healthy)

IMO theres a drop from 3 to 4 thats just my oppinion though. I aint gonna argue with someone online for two days if they disagree lmao

ThaDubs
12-15-2013, 09:04 PM
This cats of tony parkers dick its coo jus ignore him. Like i said my top 5 would be

Paul
Westbrook
Curry
Parker
Lillard

IMO theres a drop from 3 to 4 thats just my oppinion though. I aint gonna argue with someone online for two days if they disagree lmao

Lillard is better than John Wall?

Monta is beast
12-15-2013, 09:07 PM
I changed my 5. Didnt reslize lillard was having kind of a down year, which is scary

Guppyfighter
12-15-2013, 09:38 PM
Lillard is better this year. His efficiency is way up and he's clearly a better player than Wall currently.

ThaDubs
12-15-2013, 09:45 PM
Lillard is better this year. His efficiency is way up and he's clearly a better player than Wall currently.

I'm almost sure this is sarcasm, if it's not I'm scared.

Guppyfighter
12-15-2013, 09:50 PM
I'm almost sure this is sarcasm, if it's not I'm scared.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=lillada01&y1=2014&p2=walljo01&y2=2014

Lillard scores two more points than Wall per 36 on one less shot and turns it over four percent less of the time. Lillard's WS/48 is .183 and Wall's is .123.

Lillard is obviously better than Wall currently.

The forum needs to stop placing emphasis on insane athleticism instead of actual production. The ability to shoot a ball is just as important as being athletic. Having more talent doesn't make you the better player.

If you want to win more you take Lillard and it's not really close enough to argue for Wall. Lillard is also only in his second year and he is the same age as Wall.

ThaDubs
12-15-2013, 10:02 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=lillada01&y1=2014&p2=walljo01&y2=2014

Lillard scores two more points than Wall per 36 on one less shot and turns it over four percent less of the time. Lillard's WS/48 is .183 and Wall's is .123.

Lillard is obviously better than Wall currently.

The forum needs to stop placing emphasis on insane athleticism instead of actual production. The ability to shoot a ball is just as important as being athletic. Having more talent doesn't make you the better player.

If you want to win more you take Lillard and it's not really close enough to argue for Wall. Lillard is also only in his second year and he is the same age as Wall.

Oh ****, didn't know that. Honestly I didn't look up any stats or anything. I just saw Lillard's shooting % and thought John Wall was doing great.

Guppyfighter
12-15-2013, 10:12 PM
FG percentage is probably the most misleading stat in basketball.

WadeKobe
12-15-2013, 10:46 PM
Lillard is better than John Wall?

Yes. Currently. Definitely.

Monta is beast
12-15-2013, 10:46 PM
^Just no dudr just no

Monta is beast
12-15-2013, 10:47 PM
To guppy

Guppyfighter
12-15-2013, 10:54 PM
Check the sig, Monta.

Monta is beast
12-15-2013, 10:57 PM
What about it. If ypu think Love impacts the game as much as his numbers say he does your craxy. If that was the case, he'd be an all time great, with the t-wolves in the upper half of the west. None of thats the case though. Your prolly some nerdy asd cat who doesnt play ball