PDA

View Full Version : Melo could be heading to the Clippers not the Lakers...

Swift Game
12-13-2013, 11:47 PM
http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

What a turn of events this could be. Talking about trading for Lowry and the looking to trade with the Clippers?

This could be a great move for the Clips. ..Griffin is far from a legit superstar....

The Clips have been lacking a low post game for a while now. Carmelo could be a different player playing under Doc and CP3...
They will not beat the Spurs or OKC currently constructed. .but Melo could change that for sure. If this happens the Lakers will also need to rethink their 2014 plans with Melo is a guy they are targeting. ..

alexander_37
12-13-2013, 11:50 PM
So the Clippers want to lower their chances of winning a championship or something? This isn't happening just stop.

koreancabbage
12-13-2013, 11:53 PM
Clippers wouldn't win a championship and their chances would be worse now (with Melo)

Swift Game
12-13-2013, 11:55 PM
So the Clippers want to lower their chances of winning a championship or something? This isn't happening just stop.

well why not? Do you really think Melo is going to stay with the Knicks with the way things are going? Get real.

Also why would the Knicks risk losing him knowing they could possibly get some value in return. They gave up a lot to get Melo...no way they just let him walk...That would set the Knicks back much further back than they ever have been. I would not be shocked if he is traded before the trade deadline.

koreancabbage
12-13-2013, 11:56 PM
well why not? Do you really think Melo is going to stay with the Knicks with the way things are going? Get real.

Also why would the Knicks risk losing him knowing they could possibly get some value in return. They gave up a lot to get Melo...no way they just let him walk...That would set the Knicks back much further back than they ever have been. I would not be shocked if he is traded before the trade deadline.

the question is why the Clippers would do it. not the Knicks.

alexander_37
12-13-2013, 11:56 PM
Melo will never win a championship unless he goes to Miami or something cheesy like that. He is not a superstar or a winner.

Swift Game
12-14-2013, 12:08 AM
the question is why the Clippers would do it. not the Knicks.

That's what I was thinking as well...but look the clippers are not good enough to get to the Finals this season and it's because of Blake Griffin. The guy has not worked to improve his game and he is all show to me. He dissappears in the playoffs and has a history of injuries.

Don't get me wrong about Melo though. To me he is still not LeBron or Durant but he is an upgrade over Griffin. Melo needs to learn how to impact the game other than scoring. The better players have learned and improved their games every year. Example would be K. Love and Lamarcus Aldridge ...they have gotten better each season where Blake has not..that's why I can see the Clippers making a move like this. Griffin does not have the discipline and I think Doc recognizes this.

WES KOAST
12-14-2013, 12:12 AM
it wouldn't surprise me if the clippers did this dumb trade...they are known to have done some really stupid things in the past.

I agree griffin isn't legit yet but he's still young and clips can get far better player than melo

Jarvo
12-14-2013, 12:16 AM
Melo won't win a ring I think it's sad but looks like it's true.

waveycrockett
12-14-2013, 12:17 AM
Blake griffin is a better player than Melo? Why are people criticizing the Clippers? Am I missing something?

ichitownclowni
12-14-2013, 12:21 AM
Sometimes idk who is hated more on this forum Melo Kobe or LBJ

LongIslandIcedZ
12-14-2013, 12:22 AM
I'd have to see potential proposals, but I'm absolutely ok with moving Melo for the right price.

Max.This
12-14-2013, 12:28 AM
He can go for a cheesecake. The real value is the experience seeing all these tools on psd turn from hater to admirer of melo when he stops donning a knicks jersey.

waveycrockett
12-14-2013, 12:35 AM
Idk why people are acting like Melo can't be a winner. He was in DEN and if anybody can get him to be unselfish it is CP3 and Doc. Shoot people said the same about ZBO in NY. He has almost nothing around him in NY other than Chandler. Blake Griffin isn't half the player Melo is.

More-Than-Most
12-14-2013, 12:48 AM
I was gonna post a thread about this with what first take said a week back... Steven A Smith said dont be surprised if the knicks deal Melo for Blake... He and skip said the knicks would and should only do this if they get Blake plus parts back and they wouldnt trade Melo for Blake straight up.... I dont get why people think that. I think it should be the other way around and that the clippers would and should laugh at that notion. Has blakes stock really fallen that far?

WARRIORS@GR
12-14-2013, 12:54 AM
I really dislike Griffin,but I would never trade him for Melo.

IKnowHoops
12-14-2013, 12:56 AM
I was gonna post a thread about this with what first take said a week back... Steven A Smith said dont be surprised if the knicks deal Melo for Blake... He and skip said the knicks would and should only do this if they get Blake plus parts back and they wouldnt trade Melo for Blake straight up.... I dont get why people think that. I think it should be the other way around and that the clippers would and should laugh at that notion. Has blakes stock really fallen that far?

Thats what I'm saying. Are you kidding me.(statement) If nothing else he is 5 years younger. He's a jumpshot away from having a serious game. All the athletic gifts he's got are incredible. If Blake goes to NewYork, Im gonna say if Bron leaves Miami, it will be to NewYork.

meloman1592
12-14-2013, 12:57 AM
Now Blake is better than melo? Lmao clips get a steal in this deal

FlashBolt
12-14-2013, 12:58 AM
Lol. Are some of you implying that Griffin>Melo? Let's see how Griffin does when the gameplan for the opposing team is to focus solely on him just like it's on Melo.

Max.This
12-14-2013, 01:02 AM
Lol. Are some of you implying that Griffin>Melo? Let's see how Griffin does when the gameplan for the opposing team is to focus solely on him just like it's on Melo.

I dont even like melo much but to say blake is better is ********. Down right bat **** crazy.

shep33
12-14-2013, 01:05 AM
Why would the Clips do this?

shep33
12-14-2013, 01:07 AM

No they don't. Blake is a top 3 power forward and he's 24

More-Than-Most
12-14-2013, 01:10 AM
Its not about Blake being better... Blake has limitless potential at a premium position while being 24 years old... That alone screams no.... The lack of defense Carmelo plays is also what makes this insanity. I just cant understand and I am a Melo supporter... I had him as my mvp before last season when I had a brain cramp and thought lebron died.

numba1CHANGsta
12-14-2013, 01:12 AM
CP3 and Melo is NOT a good combo, Melo needs a big man

DillyDill
Idk for the clips Blake is still ooooziiinnnggg with potential and he's much younger

Swift Game
I think Griffin will be a lesser of a player without CP3..no doubt.

shep33
12-14-2013, 01:14 AM
Cp3
Redick
Dudley
Melo
DJ

Blake isn't a great defender, but my god, with Melo at the 4 and the banging he'd do with guys like Zbo, Lee, Love, Aldridge, Ibaka, etc. he's going to get beat up and they'll be a worse defensive team than they already are.

shep33
12-14-2013, 01:15 AM

His rookie year he averaged 22.5 and 12 rpg without CP3

cssdmark
12-14-2013, 01:19 AM
Blake is half the player Melo is, let's be real. I do not care how much you hate Melo. Now put him with Chris Paul and the Clippers are deadly. It would be a bad trade for New York if it was a straight swap. Trade him to Golden State to play with Curry and take back David Lee, Harrison Barnes and something else. Trade Chandler and let's get a point guard somehow. We have to sit with Amare and Bargs until they come off the books and they might be so bad. Finally get rid of the coach and hire someone who teaches fundamentals such as boxing out and spacing the floor and will teach the team to move the ball, set screens and cut to the basket. No more isolation and standing around. I love Melos offensive game but he lacks basketball intelligence and the coach lacks it also.
I did not watch the Boston game but I was following it on my phone and when the game was close at the end we took at least three 20 feet plus shots and Boston was making lay ups. Why can this team not figure out ball movement and the closer you are to the basket you are the higher the percentage it may go in. This team lacks intelligence and leadership and it starts with the coach.

meloman1592
12-14-2013, 01:20 AM
Cp3 would make shumpert look like iggy

cssdmark
12-14-2013, 01:31 AM
Perfect Chandler to Phoenix for a 2014 first round pic. He can help Phoenix

Swift Game
12-14-2013, 01:40 AM
His rookie year he averaged 22.5 and 12 rpg without CP3

I hope that your not implying that Blake Griffin is better than Carmelo? I respect what you say about the lakers in that forum but there's no way Blake Griffin can be compared to Carmelo.

Blake is as raw as they come and like I pointed out earlier he has not improved his game since his rookie year. With his physique I thought he could be a LeBron type guy...difference is he has not worked on getting better like the better players...He is to busy making kia commercials. ..I like blake. .but he is just a good show to watch most of the time.

elledaddy
12-14-2013, 01:41 AM
Melo will never win a championship unless he goes to Miami or something cheesy like that. He is not a superstar or a winner.

Melo -
Scoring champ
6 time All Star
6 time All NBA
3 Olympic Medals
2 FIBA Games Medals
USA Male Athlete Of The Year
NCAA Champion
National Freashman of the Year
USA Today All American
Parade All American
McDonalds All American

plus his teams are 153 games over 500 since hes been in the NBA but you some how say he isnt "a winner" SMH. I guess a championship cures all sins. Maybe he will do somethin "cheesey" and go to Miami, I guess you mean like LBJ & Bosh

shep33
12-14-2013, 01:53 AM
I hope that your not implying that Blake Griffin is better than Carmelo? I respect what you say about the lakers in that forum but there's no way Blake Griffin can be compared to Carmelo.

Blake is as raw as they come and like I pointed out earlier he has not improved his game since his rookie year. With his physique I thought he could be a LeBron type guy...difference is he has not worked on getting better like the better players...He is to busy making kia commercials. ..I like blake. .but he is just a good show to watch most of the time.

Not what I'm implying at all. But Blake is top 3 at his position and he's 24. Melo is about to turn 30 after this season. Realistically he gives them what 1-3 more good years?

My point is you can't give up on Blake at age 24 for 2 good years of Melo

Chronz
12-14-2013, 01:56 AM
That's what I was thinking as well...but look the clippers are not good enough to get to the Finals this season and it's because of Blake Griffin. The guy has not worked to improve his game and he is all show to me. He dissappears in the playoffs and has a history of injuries.

Don't get me wrong about Melo though. To me he is still not LeBron or Durant but he is an upgrade over Griffin. Melo needs to learn how to impact the game other than scoring. The better players have learned and improved their games every year. Example would be K. Love and Lamarcus Aldridge ...they have gotten better each season where Blake has not..that's why I can see the Clippers making a move like this. Griffin does not have the discipline and I think Doc recognizes this.

Why speak about players you don't really watch

IKnowHoops
12-14-2013, 01:58 AM
They are both very good players. Melo may be a little better, but I don't know that he makes a bigger impact. Blake gets a lot of Reb. At the end of the day the talent is close enough where the age difference makes it a no brainer that you go with Blake.

Swift Game
12-14-2013, 02:04 AM
Not what I'm implying at all. But Blake is top 3 at his position and he's 24. Melo is about to turn 30 after this season. Realistically he gives them what 1-3 more good years?

My point is you can't give up on Blake at age 24 for 2 good years of Melo

I'm with you on the age thing...but i can name a handful of players better than him right now. Lebron..Carmelo..Durant..Paul George..He surpassed Blake last season by the way..K. Love....Lamarcus Aldridge..

I guess I just don't get all the hype with Blake Griffin. No where near a superstar imo...to me he falls in that Shawn kemp...type player that had a lot of potential with the high fly act but never did anything with it...Jerry Stackhouse maybe..my point is he does not show any sign of improving even at his young age..This would be the time for him to really place his footprint in the league...bad FT %..no low post game or jump shot..Lebron really improved his jumper since he was a rookie. I just don't see him reaching the ceiling like a lot were expecting.

Swift Game
12-14-2013, 02:08 AM
Why speak about players you don't really watch

Why would you assume I don't watch? I follow players and various teams? Get off if your high horse troll. Talk basketball if you like..no need for stupidity.

meloman1592
12-14-2013, 02:16 AM
People are wrapped up in melo and Blake. I honestly think shumpert would be the most beneficial

Jarvo
12-14-2013, 02:17 AM
Ehh Blake is one of the most or the most overrated player in The NBA, If he goes to NY they think they're having hard times now wait til they get Blake. I think in NY can pull off a trade to where Melo can go to Portland with LMA they'll be a scary team, But no way Portland goes with it without getting LMA.

Chronz
12-14-2013, 02:25 AM
Why would you assume I don't watch? I follow players and various teams? Get off if your high horse troll. Talk basketball if you like..no need for stupidity.

Cuz you obviously don't watch blake. Got any proof to your statements? I'm curtently driving

Swift Game
12-14-2013, 02:46 AM
Cuz you obviously don't watch blake. Got any proof to your statements? I'm curtently driving

do me a favor bro...When you stop driving and hopefully not with kids in the car...read through this thread thoroughly. When you have something to the contrary go head and make your point about your boy. It would take a lot to convince me otherwise.

I can talk basketball for hours with the casual fan..unbiased opinions..so don't be quick to judge. I have a wealth of basketball knowledge and there are some really good posters here with great knowledge. There are a lot of young trolls that just want attention. Make your point about your boy and I can respect that. CHEERS.

Cal827
12-14-2013, 02:59 AM
Dumb deal for the Clippers. Why risk messing team chemistry, as well as losing a significant interior presence. They are in the West, where to get through, they would have to deal with the Likes of Z-bo, Lee, Ibaka, Aldridge, Duncan, Dwight, Dirk, Davis, etc. That's a ton for Jordan to deal with, as there's no way in hell Carmelo can handle those PFs lol

Rhino
12-14-2013, 07:00 AM
No thanks wouldn't even want him to be the ball boy on my team. He's the ultimate ball hog who cannot seem to get it through his skull you don't have to shoot it a hundred times to win games in this nba. The Knicks deserve Melo and Melo the Knicks don't try and pawn off your used goods onto another squad the man is a cancer to a team and will only push a team to the brink of insanity then stardom in this league. The only way Melo will ever be on a championship team is if he is the 3rd option on said team and learns to play with humility and a team first aditude might help just a little.

waveycrockett
12-14-2013, 08:56 AM
Blake is what he is. A guy who can rebound and dunk and thats pretty much it. He is a poor man's Amare Stoudemire (the prime version). Blake is mentally weak and lacks heart thats why he so many big men push him around. Melo is an MVP caliber player when he is on his game a top-3 player and when he is not on his game top-15.

lvlheaded
12-14-2013, 09:06 AM
Honestly, if the Clippers were willing to do this, I'd do it. This Knicks team isn't winning a title , period. Trading Melo and Shumpert sucks but if you can get back a Blake, Dudley, and Hollins, it's worth it. The Knicks have Tyson who can help develop Blake defensively, while also helping him grow up. Meanwhile, Amare and Bargnani can help him work on his jumpshot.

Assuming they also do the Lowry deal:
Pg: Lowry/Prigioni
SG: JR/THJ
SF: Dudley
PF: Blake/Amare
C: Tyson/Bargnani/Hollins

That team is probably better off than the team we have now and is far more attractive to potential free agents in 2015

GiantsSwaGG
12-14-2013, 09:27 AM
:dance: get rid of Melo

GiantsSwaGG
12-14-2013, 09:33 AM

If we get Blake, Jared, hollins a 1st round pick, and a 2nd it's a steal for us

waveycrockett
12-14-2013, 09:37 AM
If we get Blake, Jared, hollins a 1st round pick, and a 2nd it's a steal for us

Only because it beats Melo walking for nothing but based on Talent Clips getting the much better end of that deal.

Ill21
12-14-2013, 11:17 AM
Only because it beats Melo walking for nothing but based on Talent Clips getting the much better end of that deal.

But if it was Melo coming to the Knicks you would be saying the complete opposite.

waveycrockett
12-14-2013, 11:21 AM
But if it was Melo coming to the Knicks you would be saying the complete opposite.

Melo is the better player. Hands down. Anyone who can't acknowledge should just stop talking basketball. Doesnt matter my feeling on the Knicks. The Chances of this happening are like 1% anyway. Sterling wont trade Blake.

vitamins_
12-14-2013, 11:55 AM
As a big carmelo fan i been saying this since the summer and everyone was thinking i am crazy... Melo is going to go to the Clippers if the knicks front office turn the ship around.

I cant see the clippers moving blake. He has done so much for that team and turning into a team people want to watch. I dont see the knicks trading for blake, unless the knicks can get a strong point guard like rondo to team with blake.

waveycrockett
12-14-2013, 12:05 PM
Sterling is basically the LA version of Dolan. Sterling initially vetoed the trade of Bledsoe for JJ Reddick/Dudley because Bledose is one of his guys. He wont deal Blake for anybody he is stubborn as hell

shauneazy
12-14-2013, 12:24 PM
I don't understand why the Knicks would do this trade. I get it, it's better than watching Melo leave, and although this season is done, how are you going to lose all scoring power on your roster and just overload on bigs?

For the clips, I don't think they advance to the Finals regardless of their team. Blake/Melo or whatever, they will still fall flat on their face because I don't think they're team will be any different. The West will beat up Melo.

I think this trade is dumb, although I can understand the Knicks interested in the draft picks and maybe being able to wheel-and-deal Stat

Chronz
12-14-2013, 12:41 PM
do me a favor bro...When you stop driving and hopefully not with kids in the car...read through this thread thoroughly. When you have something to the contrary go head and make your point about your boy. It would take a lot to convince me otherwise.

I can talk basketball for hours with the casual fan..unbiased opinions..so don't be quick to judge. I have a wealth of basketball knowledge and there are some really good posters here with great knowledge. There are a lot of young trolls that just want attention. Make your point about your boy and I can respect that. CHEERS.

My point was that you dont watch him, its obvious in the lies you spew and the lack of evidence behind your opinion. Provide more than conjecture and show me this wealth of knowledge, because from my point of view, anyone who thinks Blake hasn't improved and lacks work ethic doesn't care to follow the player one iota. Ur either a hater or completely ignorant.

Chronz
12-14-2013, 12:51 PM
I hope that your not implying that Blake Griffin is better than Carmelo?
You must struggle with the English language, heres the post he was responding to.

Where in that post did you mention Melo? And you guys are hilarious when you act as if Melo is on some completely different tier from Blake. Melo's better but Blake is definitely in the conversation and definitely more valuable to his team considering age/potential/position.

Blake is as raw as they come and like I pointed out earlier he has not improved his game since his rookie year.
LMFAO, like I pointed out earlier, plz stop talking about guys you CLEARLY know so little about.

With his physique I thought he could be a LeBron type guy...
In stretches without CP3, Hes actually put up arbitrary numbers that have only been matched by Bron so I get where you're going with this, but your expectations for Blake were far too great, which is prolly why you neglect to notice his obvious improvements, because they aren't rapid enough for you. It would be correct to say hes improved very slowly, but hes rounding out some weakpoints in his game.

About the only thing you assessed correctly about Blake is that hes injury prone and fails to show up in the post season (due to some combination of injuries and competition). Hes so much like a young Melo in that way.

difference is he has not worked on getting better like the better players...He is to busy making kia commercials. ..I like blake. .but he is just a good show to watch most of the time.
Based on wat?

3RDASYSTEM
12-14-2013, 01:10 PM
Clippers wouldn't win a championship and their chances would be worse now (with Melo)

You mean to tell me that a MELO/CP3 pick and pop/roll combo is not more lethal than BLAKE/CP3? are you sure MELO isn't more clutch in both shot making and free throw making? which you heavily need come playoff time

putting a legit 30ppg plus scorer with CP3 would do wonders giving CP3 the freedom to truly take over when necessary like he does best and lean on a big time clutch scorer

they both sell tickets and BLAKE is more highlight reel but MELO has what is needed to win in playoffs, clutch shot making ability and hitting free throws and he will bang down low, CP3 would have a field day with MELO in the fold, trust me

kblo247
12-14-2013, 01:16 PM
I'd smile if they trade Melo for Blake, and Melo leaves them for across the hall this summer, when CP gets matched by yet another western pg and can't get out the second round.

GiantsSwaGG
12-14-2013, 01:21 PM
This makes soo much sense for both teams from a business stand point.

Get it DONE!!!

RLundi
12-14-2013, 01:21 PM
I'd smile if they trade Melo for Blake, and Melo leaves them for across the hall this summer, when CP gets matched by yet another western pg and can't get out the second round.

If Melo goes to the Clips, he's staying there. The Lakers have nothing going for them from a talent perspective. Melo can't carry a team and playing with Kobe seems to now be a double-edged sword: either you hate playing with him because he dominates the ball and holds his teammates to insanely high standards, or he's regressing and will be a shell of himself next season, unable and unwilling to function in a supporting role.

Regardless, Melo is not going to be in purple and gold if he makes a pitstop in blue and red. Clippers are the more desirable franchise at the moment.

Chronz
12-14-2013, 01:25 PM

LOL, is CP3 injured in this scenario? And yea we would definitely lose if we got Melo, our problems have never been our offense, its been our defense and that doesn't exactly improve with Melo. Still, hes a tantalizing player, and we could conceivably build around him better than Blake, but by the time we do that Blake may wind up the better player.

KniCks4LiFe
12-14-2013, 01:26 PM
If anyone thinks Blake is better than Melo, then you have issues. But I will say this is a move anyone has to consider. The Knicks b/c it gives us a player in a controlled contract and a grand attraction as they rebuild and a potential major trade piece to land something else in the future.

Blake and CP3 do not work great together b/c at the end of the day, you stop him from running, you neutralize the PF and C spot for the Clippers. You can't do that wit Melo. You stop Melo from running, he can beat you on the board, on an iso depending the day or in the perimeter. Why would the Clippers consider this? B/c you're not winning an NBA championship as you are presently built. Your bench is good, but JJ Reddick and CP3 ain't enough to beat an OKC or SAS, maybe even struggle vs the likes of DEN, GSW and HOU's perimeter spread uptempo offense.

Both teams should consider it.

The Knicks ideal get would be: Griffin, Dudley and Green and 2014 pick

The Knicks logical get would be: Griffin, Dudley, 2014 pick

cmellofan15
12-14-2013, 01:35 PM
You mean to tell me that a MELO/CP3 pick and pop/roll combo is not more lethal than BLAKE/CP3? are you sure MELO isn't more clutch in both shot making and free throw making? which you heavily need come playoff time

putting a legit 30ppg plus scorer with CP3 would do wonders giving CP3 the freedom to truly take over when necessary like he does best and lean on a big time clutch scorer

they both sell tickets and BLAKE is more highlight reel but MELO has what is needed to win in playoffs, clutch shot making ability and hitting free throws and he will bang down low, CP3 would have a field day with MELO in the fold, trust me

As a Nuggets fan I'd have to disagree with that.

Chronz
12-14-2013, 01:40 PM
If anyone thinks Blake is better than Melo, then you have issues. But I will say this is a move anyone has to consider. The Knicks b/c it gives us a player in a controlled contract and a grand attraction as they rebuild and a potential major trade piece to land something else in the future.

Blake and CP3 do not work great together b/c at the end of the day, you stop him from running, you neutralize the PF and C spot for the Clippers. You can't do that wit Melo. You stop Melo from running, he can beat you on the board, on an iso depending the day or in the perimeter. Why would the Clippers consider this? B/c you're not winning an NBA championship as you are presently built. Your bench is good, but JJ Reddick and CP3 ain't enough to beat an OKC or SAS, maybe even struggle vs the likes of DEN, GSW and HOU's perimeter spread uptempo offense.

Both teams should consider it.

The Knicks ideal get would be: Griffin, Dudley and Green and 2014 pick

The Knicks logical get would be: Griffin, Dudley, 2014 pick
LOL

Sorry bro but nobody is giving picks when we are handing you the younger player who is under contract and isn't that far behind Melo as it is. Didn't read the rest of your piece but Im sure I disagreed with it as well.

Chronz
12-14-2013, 01:41 PM

Hes an AI fan.

KniCks4LiFe
12-14-2013, 02:00 PM
LOL

Sorry bro but nobody is giving picks when we are handing you the younger player who is under contract and isn't that far behind Melo as it is. Didn't read the rest of your piece but Im sure I disagreed with it as well.

Ideally that's what "we'd" want to get. Clippers ain't letting a pick come between them and Melo, that is if they want him.

SluggeR
12-14-2013, 02:08 PM
Anybody who thinks Blake is better than Melo, doesn't know about basketball as much as they think they do or is just hating. I like both squads and follow both. If Melo ever gets with an elite coach (that actually runs an offensive system & holds his players accountable on both ends of the court) and with an elite pg that allows Melo to just score, rather than create..WATCH OUT. Melo is not my favorite player, but you give the guy Doc Rivers & CP3..Scary. DOC+CP3+MELO=BIG3. As soon as STAT's health went south, that killed the Knicks chances of being a real contender. The Knicks won't be real contenders until STAT's contract is done (and STAT is my favorite player). The clippers are missing elite talent on the perimeter and a guy to make the big shot. CP3 can make big shots, but it's obvious that he's more comfortable facilitating. Right now, Blake is missing that killer instinct and another poor playoff run; will have clipper fans trying to figure out what they can get for him.

I wonder if these main forums will ever have objectivity..

Chronz
12-14-2013, 02:18 PM
Ideally that's what "we'd" want to get. Clippers ain't letting a pick come between them and Melo, that is if they want him.
NY aint stupid enough to let a pick come between them and a great rebuilding chip.

Chronz
12-14-2013, 02:20 PM
Anybody who thinks Blake is better than Melo, doesn't know about basketball as much as they think they do or is just hating. I like both squads and follow both. If Melo ever gets with an elite coach (that actually runs an offensive system & holds his players accountable on both ends of the court) and with an elite pg that allows Melo to just score, rather than create..WATCH OUT. Melo is not my favorite player, but you give the guy Doc Rivers & CP3..Scary. DOC+CP3+MELO=BIG3. As soon as STAT's health went south, that killed the Knicks chances of being a real contender. The Knicks won't be real contenders until STAT's contract is done (and STAT is my favorite player). The clippers are missing elite talent on the perimeter and a guy to make the big shot. CP3 can make big shots, but it's obvious that he's more comfortable facilitating. Right now, Blake is missing that killer instinct and another poor playoff run; will have clipper fans trying to figure out what they can get for him.

I wonder if these main forums will ever have objectivity..
You're not paying attention to the argument most are making (if not all). You seem to be stuck on the idea that the Clippers being better off holding onto Blake has to do with where people rank the 2 as individuals. Thats not the case at all.

KniCks4LiFe
12-14-2013, 02:21 PM
NY aint stupid enough to let a pick come between them and a great rebuilding chip.

ofcourse NY is. Who you telling here? I'm a Knicks fan. I don't have one bit of confidence in Steve Mills and James Dolan. :laugh2:

waveycrockett
12-14-2013, 02:34 PM
Melo with Doc Rivers would be scary. He would do with him the same thing he did with Paul Pierce when he took over BOS. PP had a similar rep to Melo as a chucker. The Knicks should not do this deal they should just realize they gotta get a HC in there who Melo will respect.

KniCks4LiFe
12-14-2013, 02:37 PM
Melo with Doc Rivers would be scary. He would do with him the same thing he did with Paul Pierce when he took over BOS. PP had a similar rep to Melo as a chucker. The Knicks should not do this deal they should just realize they gotta get a HC in there who Melo will respect.

we've bent over how much for Melo in the past 3 yrs.? It's not enough? you want double penetration treatment?

jerellh528
12-14-2013, 02:38 PM
I hope so, no melo on the lakers in good with me.

3RDASYSTEM
12-14-2013, 02:42 PM

Funny you say that since you didn't bold the later half of it which he was for your NUGGS since his rookie year or do you feel he wasn't clutch enough? he was avg 34ppg before the IVERSON trade and won a scoring title at 28ppg this past season and hasn't he hit some clutch shots for KNICKS?

with CP3 he wouldn't have to do what he does In NYC because CP3 would get the ball to him in sweet spots, spoon fed for most part, and he can stretch the D out to 3pt line unlike BLAKE, and he is more reliable come playoff time than a REDDICK/DUDLEY any day, now add CRAWFORD along with BARNES/JORDAN and that is more scary

MELO will pass to BARNES/REDDICK since he passes to SMITH, easy money

waveycrockett
12-14-2013, 02:45 PM
we've bent over how much for Melo in the past 3 yrs.? It's not enough? you want double penetration treatment?

Well the alternative is to trade him for some young pieces and to suck for at least the next 1or 2 seasons and likely have Dolan EFF that up as well.

3RDASYSTEM
12-14-2013, 02:57 PM
Hes an AI fan.

Im a bball/sports fan and tell it like it is

and obviously so does your favorite players

too bad you missed the boat

KniCks4LiFe
12-14-2013, 03:13 PM
Well the alternative is to trade him for some young pieces and to suck for at least the next 1or 2 seasons and likely have Dolan EFF that up as well.

but either way we'd be a 1 or 2 and out team. I'd rather be young and develop a Robin to pair wit a Batman later on.

WES KOAST
12-14-2013, 03:21 PM
melo is perfect as a 3rd option

for whatever reason, melo, cp3 and howard don't have championship in them. cant explain it but they are the Stockton/Malone/barkley of the nba

waveycrockett
12-14-2013, 03:24 PM

for whatever reason, melo, cp3 and howard don't have championship in them. cant explain it but they are the Stockton/Malone/barkley of the nba

Thats because all 3 of them haven't teamed up together. What was LBJ before he joined 2 other stars in Miami? Another Stockton? It's silly to say those guys can never win a chip.

xxplayerxx23
12-14-2013, 03:25 PM

:laugh: joke. He can be a number one option if you have a 2 that's close to him. He is the perfect two

WES KOAST
12-14-2013, 03:28 PM
Thats because all 3 of them haven't teamed up together. What was LBJ before he joined 2 other stars in Miami? Another Stockton? It's silly to say those guys can never win a chip.

chip or ship?

Stockton/Malone won how many titles? thank you. now, sit down

WES KOAST
12-14-2013, 03:30 PM
:laugh: joke. He can be a number one option if you have a 2 that's close to him. He is the perfect two

if im playing 1 on 1, I take melo

if I want to win titles as a team, then no melo

kobe's a ball hog but at least he shares the rock a little more than melo, not by much but still

Tysons_Beard
12-14-2013, 03:47 PM
100% fake

sunsfan88
12-14-2013, 03:47 PM

****** no.

WES KOAST
12-14-2013, 03:59 PM

chandler, come again?

chandler parsons :hope:

Tyson chandler :facepalm:

xxplayerxx23
12-14-2013, 04:20 PM
if im playing 1 on 1, I take melo

if I want to win titles as a team, then no melo

kobe's a ball hog but at least he shares the rock a little more than melo, not by much but still

Good for you. You either give melo a true number 1 and let him be the number 2 or you give him a true number 2 that can take the scoring load off of him. When you give him a pg that can score you see a melo that can win it all

WES KOAST
12-14-2013, 04:25 PM
Good for you. You either give melo a true number 1 and let him be the number 2 or you give him a true number 2 that can take the scoring load off of him. When you give him a pg that can score you see a melo that can win it all

1, 2, 1, 1, 2 what the hee haw?

name 2 superstars melo can play with?

Cracka2HI!
12-14-2013, 04:31 PM
I didn't like the Bledsoe/Butler for Reddick/Dudley trade at the time and I'm liking it less and less and it continues to not work out. There is still upside in the trade once Reddick gets healthy but Bledsoe has WAY too much value to only net Reddick. Dudley has been pure trash, a minimum player at best. Now hearing this Melo rumor make my blood boil a bit. I can see a package of something like Bledsoe/Butler(expiring), Crawford and a few picks for Melo making sense for both teams. The team could have used the MLE on Reddick and not overpaid to bring Matt Barnes back.

Dade County
12-14-2013, 04:54 PM
Clippers will not trade cash cow Griffin... Melo will have to join them another way.

I see Melo on 4 teams only... Houston, Clippers, HEAT, Bulls.

king4day
12-14-2013, 05:13 PM
If this were to happen, would Melo play the 4? He could give other PF's fits as they can't guard him.

king4day
12-14-2013, 05:16 PM

Realistically, Chandler to any team would help that team. Problem is, he needs to be healthy to make it work. Suns don't have a need at center (now watch we go trade for Asik).

GiantsSwaGG
12-14-2013, 05:43 PM
If this were to happen, would Melo play the 4? He could give other PF's fits as they can't guard him.

But he can't guard 4, it's a win lose

Chronz
12-14-2013, 06:01 PM
Hes an AI fan.

Im a bball/sports fan and tell it like it is

and obviously so does your favorite players

too bad you missed the boat
Because I don't put cliches above facts, I missed the boat . Right

Swift Game
12-14-2013, 06:24 PM
My point was that you dont watch him, its obvious in the lies you spew and the lack of evidence behind your opinion. Provide more than conjecture and show me this wealth of knowledge, because from my point of view, anyone who thinks Blake hasn't improved and lacks work ethic doesn't care to follow the player one iota. Ur either a hater or completely ignorant.

Spew of lies you say....The only spew comes from your filth of words with no backing of evidence of what you speak. I now see that you are troll and your 30k posts are empty and pointless. No more time I will waste with someone that cannot back up what they say. I will leave you with the information below and make sure you read it and review it troll.

Blake Griffin
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/griffbl01.html

For starters his games played have been up and down and has not played a full season since his rookie year. His minutes have gradually decreased and FG% has gone down every season to the current state of his stats. His 2 point FG % has decreased every season.:eyebrow:..His PPG have decreased every year since his rookie year. The stats do not lie chump. So how can you say that he has improved every year since you claim to watch every game if his?

You are the one that spews garbage just to be relevant in these forums that I rarely visit because of Trolls like you. Also can you elaborate on the vast improvements Blake has made? LMAO...this is just hilarious.

Do you remember what Zach Randolph did to Blake last season in the playoffs?. He made him look like an average player and scored on him at will. The knock on Blake also is that he has not worked on a low post move or a patent shot..(..Karl Malone, Kevin Garnett, Ewing all had low post go to moves...I can name several others ) And I only used Lebron as an example for his physique. I did however compare the likes of Kevin Love and Lamarcus Aldrige and Paul George in comparison to young players that have improved their games early on...that's the sign of players making a turn in the careers and transitioning into superstars. Blake also had one year at Oklahoma to polish his game, something Lebron/Kobe or KG did not have the luxury to do.

I can assure you though that if Doc Rivers had to choose between Blake and Melo he would select Melo 10 out of 10 times. Like I said before the Clips cannot get to the finals as they cannot beat OKC, Spurs and obviously the Griz. They need to make this move if they want any remote chance to get the Finals. CP3 would have legit teammate that can take over a game. Doc will polish up Melo into an all around player including defensively.

My statement here was also addressed by Reggie Miller on TNT so anything you have would say otherwise look utterly foolish.

Carmelo Anthony
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/anthoca01.html

As you can see with Melo since 2003 has improved his game since his rookie year and has had his best scoring year just last season. Players like this can improve their game if they really want to. Usually when the better players get older they work on the post game and shooting game. Melo can still be a bruiser inside if he choses to be, but he relies on the jump shot more for some reason.

Melo is a good post up scorer and I think he should rely on that part of his game more especially in the playoffs. This season could be a lost one for the Knicks and I think the trade could make sense for both teams. Melo and CP3 along with Doc could prove to be a great mix in the end. Melo would not have to be the primary scorer night in and night out. The clippers would still have a nice mix of core of players that can score in Jamal Crawford, Reddick and the Bench. Melo would be a game changer since Blake does not show up in the playoffs, plus Melo has been in some wars in the playoffs including the team that almost knocked off the Lakers. That was the team with Kenyon Martin, Chauncy Billups, JR smith and Melo. Point is Melo is much better served on the Clippers than Blake Griffin..period end of story.

Funny thing is melo is just a ring away from being anointed as a great player like Lebron. Lebron was always going to be in the Barkley/Ewing/Malone & Stockton company before he won his title. Same with CP3..And I would never take anything away from the players mentioned that have not won a title. Those were really great all time NBA players and I do not judge their entire careers based on winning a title or not.:cool:

D-Leethal
12-14-2013, 08:01 PM
Melo is way better than Griffin. But if Melo is a goner, this is a move we'd have to make. The thought of Blake as my franchise player makes me cringe though, dude is a clown.

koreancabbage
12-14-2013, 09:44 PM
Melo is way better than Griffin. But if Melo is a goner, this is a move we'd have to make. The thought of Blake as my franchise player makes me cringe though, dude is a clown.

both are non- clowns and non-franchise players. Both players are what you want to add to a true franchise player. But Knicks would have it better since Griffin is still young and putting up big numbers. and he's matured this season. Knicks wished they could get Griffin for Melo. I don't think the Clippers organization would want this.

Hawkeye15
12-14-2013, 09:59 PM
so the Clips would trade a 24 year old Griffin, for a 29 year old Melo who has shown what?

Dumb trade if the Clips do it. Griffin is probably the better player right now, and if not, will be exponentially over the next 7 years.

Hawkeye15
12-14-2013, 10:03 PM
Spew of lies you say....The only spew comes from your filth of words with no backing of evidence of what you speak. I now see that you are troll and your 30k posts are empty and pointless. No more time I will waste with someone that cannot back up what they say. I will leave you with the information below and make sure you read it and review it troll.

Blake Griffin

For starters his games played have been up and down and has not played a full season since his rookie year. His minutes have gradually decreased and FG% has gone down every season to the current state of his stats. His 2 point FG % has decreased every season.:eyebrow:..His PPG have decreased every year since his rookie year. The stats do not lie chump. So how can you say that he has improved every year since you claim to watch every game if his?

You are the one that spews garbage just to be relevant in these forums that I rarely visit because of Trolls like you. Also can you elaborate on the vast improvements Blake has made? LMAO...this is just hilarious.

Do you remember what Zach Randolph did to Blake last season in the playoffs?. He made him look like an average player and scored on him at will. The knock on Blake also is that he has not worked on a low post move or a patent shot..(..Karl Malone, Kevin Garnett, Ewing all had low post go to moves...I can name several others ) And I only used Lebron as an example for his physique. I did however compare the likes of Kevin Love and Lamarcus Aldrige and Paul George in comparison to young players that have improved their games early on...that's the sign of players making a turn in the careers and transitioning into superstars. Blake also had one year at Oklahoma to polish his game, something Lebron/Kobe or KG did not have the luxury to do.

I can assure you though that if Doc Rivers had to choose between Blake and Melo he would select Melo 10 out of 10 times. Like I said before the Clips cannot get to the finals as they cannot beat OKC, Spurs and obviously the Griz. They need to make this move if they want any remote chance to get the Finals. CP3 would have legit teammate that can take over a game. Doc will polish up Melo into an all around player including defensively.

My statement here was also addressed by Reggie Miller on TNT so anything you have would say otherwise look utterly foolish.

Carmelo Anthony

As you can see with Melo since 2003 has improved his game since his rookie year and has had his best scoring year just last season. Players like this can improve their game if they really want to. Usually when the better players get older they work on the post game and shooting game. Melo can still be a bruiser inside if he choses to be, but he relies on the jump shot more for some reason.

Melo is a good post up scorer and I think he should rely on that part of his game more especially in the playoffs. This season could be a lost one for the Knicks and I think the trade could make sense for both teams. Melo and CP3 along with Doc could prove to be a great mix in the end. Melo would not have to be the primary scorer night in and night out. The clippers would still have a nice mix of core of players that can score in Jamal Crawford, Reddick and the Bench. Melo would be a game changer since Blake does not show up in the playoffs, plus Melo has been in some wars in the playoffs including the team that almost knocked off the Lakers. That was the team with Kenyon Martin, Chauncy Billups, JR smith and Melo. Point is Melo is much better served on the Clippers than Blake Griffin..period end of story.

Funny thing is melo is just a ring away from being anointed as a great player like Lebron. Lebron was always going to be in the Barkley/Ewing/Malone & Stockton company before he won his title. Same with CP3..And I would never take anything away from the players mentioned that have not won a title. Those were really great all time NBA players and I do not judge their entire careers based on winning a title or not.:cool:

I am critical of Blake, his progression should have been higher by now with his start, and his expectations. But you claim Melo has made improvements over his career? Last year may have been his best year, with very underwhelming superstar numbers. He has hovered around the exact same advanced numbers for nearly a decade. He is 29. He is peaking as we speak. At a 3rd tier superstar level. Why on earth would the Clips trade a 24 year old who had better advanced numbers last year than Melo, for a player who will offer them SO much less over the next 7 years? It's not like its a short term fix, Melo's production is no better.

Clippersfan86
12-14-2013, 10:19 PM
Wow the cluelessness is at an all time highin this thread. Chronz is on point. People don't seem to know the value of age, contract, work ethic, upside etc. Melo is better, but only Marginally. When you factor in everything a GM has to, Blake is worth SIGNIFICANTLY more. So lol at peope talking about the Clippers throwing in other pieces.

Clippersfan86
12-14-2013, 10:22 PM
Btw last I checked 2 or 3 games ago Blake is 40 percent from midrange this year. He's not dunking enough this year if anything. With Redick Griffin was at almost 24 ppg. Once Redick went down his PPG dropped off to 20.5. Our shooters have been ATROCIOUS this road trip and it's allowing teams to pack the paint like crazy on Blake.

RLundi
12-14-2013, 10:27 PM
so the Clips would trade a 24 year old Griffin, for a 29 year old Melo who has shown what?

Dumb trade if the Clips do it. Griffin is probably the better player right now, and if not, will be exponentially over the next 7 years.

I don't think you'll find many people who assert that Griffin is the better player at the moment. Moving forward, he's more valuable, sure, but better? Ehh, maybe, if we bank on potential. But Melo being 29 is not a bad thing. He's in his prime and he'd be hitting his stride at exactly the same time that CP3 would be in his prime. Those two together could be lethal.

If Clips are in win-now mode, I could see them possibly at least kicking around the idea of making this deal. We haven't seen what Melo could do next to a dominant point guard, but we have seen what Blake can do, and that's not much, though injuries played a part. I'm curious to see how Melo would fit, where'd he play and what he could do in a system like Doc's. But I don't think it's as absurd and far-fetched as some are making it out to be.

kylem4711
12-14-2013, 11:08 PM
no clipper fan i know wants to trade griffin for melo.

griffins minutes and points were down last year because they blew quiet a few teams out and blake didn't have to even play the 4th in several games. the clippers bench was also one, if not the best, last year. it also makes sense that his FG% would go down when he is making an effort to implement his midrange game.

blake really pisses me off at time, but it really doesn't make any sense to trade blake for melo.

koreancabbage
12-14-2013, 11:18 PM
I don't think you'll find many people who assert that Griffin is the better player at the moment. Moving forward, he's more valuable, sure, but better? Ehh, maybe, if we bank on potential. But Melo being 29 is not a bad thing. He's in his prime and he'd be hitting his stride at exactly the same time that CP3 would be in his prime. Those two together could be lethal.

If Clips are in win-now mode, I could see them possibly at least kicking around the idea of making this deal. We haven't seen what Melo could do next to a dominant point guard, but we have seen what Blake can do, and that's not much, though injuries played a part. I'm curious to see how Melo would fit, where'd he play and what he could do in a system like Doc's. But I don't think it's as absurd and far-fetched as some are making it out to be.

thats the problem right there. he's not a perfect fit. ideally you always want to pair a elite big man with an elite PG. I don't know how an elite PG would improve Melo's shot selection.

potential? Griffin is a 20-10 24-year old guy who is going to improve. he hasn't even reached his peak yet. SMH. of course the Knicks want to make this trade. They are scared Melo is going to walk. if the Clippers make this move, they are throwing away one of the best PFs who has yet to even touch his potential.

mzgrizz
12-14-2013, 11:30 PM
Wow. It I were a Clippers fan , I'd sure hate to part with Blake.

nycericanguy
12-14-2013, 11:36 PM
Well CP3 is nearing 30. If the Clips decide to go for it NOW, then I could see a deal with NY.

Tyson, Melo, Shump & Kmart

for DJ, Blake & Dudley.... something along those lines... maybe send MWP there as well.

Melo played his best when he had Chauncey, other than that he's had garbage PG's. Him & CP3 would be amazing because not only is CP3 a great PG but he can shoot like Billups. And we all know the Cp3 to Tyson connection how well it worked in NOLA.

Hawkeye15
12-15-2013, 12:29 AM
I don't think you'll find many people who assert that Griffin is the better player at the moment. Moving forward, he's more valuable, sure, but better? Ehh, maybe, if we bank on potential.

Going forward has literally zip to do with potential. Blake is statistically as valuable at age 24 as Melo is at age 29. It's beyond simple to understand Blake, over the next 7 years, takes a dump on Melo production wise.

But Melo being 29 is not a bad thing. He's in his prime and he'd be hitting his stride at exactly the same time that CP3 would be in his prime. Those two together could be lethal.

It is a bad thing when you factor in Melo's career. What on earth has he proven? That he can ride the 8-9 win shares a year, PER of 22, shoot a ton, and get you some wins and get destroyed in the playoffs. Why would you bank on the bank of evidence he has provided, versus Blake, at age 24, who is so far ahead of what Melo offered at the same age?

If Clips are in win-now mode, I could see them possibly at least kicking around the idea of making this deal. We haven't seen what Melo could do next to a dominant point guard, but we have seen what Blake can do, and that's not much, though injuries played a part.

We did see what Blake can do. At age 23, he statistically had a better year than Melo ever has.

I'm curious to see how Melo would fit, where'd he play and what he could do in a system like Doc's. But I don't think it's as absurd and far-fetched as some are making it out to be.

I am curious to see if Melo can ever contribute to a contender. I don't see it. His game just translates to selfishness. At his age, I just don't see him able to change.

jerellh528
12-15-2013, 12:33 AM
Going forward has literally zip to do with potential. Blake is statistically as valuable at age 24 as Melo is at age 29. It's beyond simple to understand Blake, over the next 7 years, takes a dump on Melo production wise.

It is a bad thing when you factor in Melo's career. What on earth has he proven? That he can ride the 8-9 win shares a year, PER of 22, shoot a ton, and get you some wins and get destroyed in the playoffs. Why would you bank on the bank of evidence he has provided, versus Blake, at age 24, who is so far ahead of what Melo offered at the same age?

We did see what Blake can do. At age 23, he statistically had a better year than Melo ever has .

Dude, you're letting your stats get in the way if you think griffin is more valuable to a team than melo, or a better player.

koreancabbage
12-15-2013, 02:03 AM
Dude, you're letting your stats get in the way if you think griffin is more valuable to a team than melo, or a better player.

I dont think anyone has said it but what makes Melo by far the better player? simple question. i just want to see how much better people think Melo is.

shep33
12-15-2013, 02:08 AM
Wow the cluelessness is at an all time highin this thread. Chronz is on point. People don't seem to know the value of age, contract, work ethic, upside etc. Melo is better, but only Marginally. When you factor in everything a GM has to, Blake is worth SIGNIFICANTLY more. So lol at peope talking about the Clippers throwing in other pieces.

Pretty much this.

cmellofan15
12-15-2013, 02:33 AM
Funny you say that since you didn't bold the later half of it which he was for your NUGGS since his rookie year or do you feel he wasn't clutch enough? he was avg 34ppg before the IVERSON trade and won a scoring title at 28ppg this past season and hasn't he hit some clutch shots for KNICKS?

with CP3 he wouldn't have to do what he does In NYC because CP3 would get the ball to him in sweet spots, spoon fed for most part, and he can stretch the D out to 3pt line unlike BLAKE, and he is more reliable come playoff time than a REDDICK/DUDLEY any day, now add CRAWFORD along with BARNES/JORDAN and that is more scary

MELO will pass to BARNES/REDDICK since he passes to SMITH, easy money

Didn't say anything about clutch, but if you insist on bringing it up, he wasn't really the most efficient shooter in the clutch. He was, and still is, very good in the first three quarters, but a few shots doesn't really qualify him as a clutch player. But, yes, he did hit some clutch shots but that isn't relevant.

And you act as if Melo hasn't played with pass first point guards his entire career with the Nuggets. That didn't make him any more "clutch". And the fact that you are counting Melo as some reliable playoff "go to guy" is new to me considering he's never captained a playoff team to anything.

Let's keep the hypotheticals hypothetical. There should be no reason for the Clippers to do something so stupid as to trade Blake for Melo. Melo is still a valuable piece, mind you, but we're talking swapping the most promising power forward in the league right.

RLundi
12-15-2013, 03:00 AM

No, he doesn't, not if you're using this season as the barometer. This is Blake's worst statistical season yet, advanced metric-wise anyway. Potential has everything to do with it. If Griffin's potential doesn't matter, then all you're suggesting is that he will at least be simply as statistically valuable as Melo for the remainder of his career. If that's the case, he doesn't take a dump on anything. He'll just have more longevity, which I concede is an important factor to consider moving forward.

What has Blake proven? Essentially the same exact thing. And if you claim potential doesn't factor in, this makes even less sense. Melo's win shares per 48 since New York is virtually identical to Blake's. Griffin has a career PER of 22. Melo has failed in the playoffs; I'm interested to know what makes you think Blake wouldn't as the primary scorer. His numbers have taken a complete dive in the postseason as well. Who said anything about the Clippers banking on Melo? I merely said I could see that they'd kick the idea around. It's not as absurd as you're making it out to be.

We did see what Blake can do. At age 23, he statistically had a better year than Melo ever has.

I disagree. Melo's best season trumps Blake's.

I am curious to see if Melo can ever contribute to a contender. I don't see it. His game just translates to selfishness. At his age, I just don't see him able to change.

Like I said, I'm curious to see how he would adjust to a coach with a winner's pedigree that he respects and an offense like Doc's.

Chronz
12-15-2013, 03:48 AM
Spew of lies you say....The only spew comes from your filth of words with no backing of evidence of what you speak.
Actually the evidence backs me, more importantly, the burden of proof falls on the accuser so spare me this diatribe and get to the point already.

I now see that you are troll and your 30k posts are empty and pointless. No more time I will waste with someone that cannot back up what they say. I will leave you with the information below and make sure you read it and review it troll.
Oh great, another blowhard who pretends to understand statistics. This should be fun.

Blake Griffin

Why would I care about FG% when his TS% has increased? I never contested how many games he played, I already agreed that hes injury prone and yet despite this hes only missed 2 games in the last 3 full seasons. You sound like an idiot when you say he hasn't played a full season since his rookie year, you do realize the lockout happened...... right? There were 66 games to play that season, he played in ALL OF THEM. He only missed 2 games last year. The guy plays through injuries, that much is certain. Will you ever get a clue?

Defensive positioning, efficiency, range, playmaking. Do those not matter?

Do you remember what Zach Randolph did to Blake last season in the playoffs?. He made him look like an average player and scored on him at will.
Just like Blake outplayed him the year prior. Both have had injury problems however, and I never contested hes shrunk in the playoffs, you seem to think taking this argument off topic will do you favors, when all it does is show you have nothing to stand on. Show me proof and stop making my argument stronger, the link you provided shows an obvious statistical growth and they ignore the intangible improvements hes made. TRY HARDER.

The knock on Blake also is that he has not worked on a low post move or a patent shot..(..Karl Malone, Kevin Garnett, Ewing all had low post go to moves...I can name several others )
LMFAO, at the stage Blake is at, Malone was barely becoming an All-Star so whats your point? That hes ahead of the pace a HOF PF displayed? Get a clue before you start talking NBA history.

Considering you know so little about Blake, why would I care what you're so sure of?

The same ignorant analyst that felt Iverson and Billups were equally inefficient on the basis of FG%, whilst completely ignoring the totality of efficiency, yea you're in good company there. LMFAO if your argument cant stand on its own merit, find a new argument.

Carmelo Anthony
Do yourself a favor and learn about the stats they display, PLZ.

As you can see with Melo since 2003 has improved his game since his rookie year
Based on wat? More importantly, what does that have to do with Blake improving his game over the years?

and has had his best scoring year just last season. Players like this can improve their game if they really want to. Usually when the better players get older they work on the post game and shooting game. Melo can still be a bruiser inside if he choses to be, but he relies on the jump shot more for some reason.
Get this through your thick skull, I dont care about the comparison between Melo and Blake, quite frankly neither has done anything to separate themselves by a noticeable degree, this is strictly about Blakes evolution, stay on topic plz.

Again, why would I care about the opinion of someone who clearly knows very little about the players he speaks of, even worse, provides links to bbr that completely disprove his accusations.

LMFAO, Bron had already separated himself, if you needed to see him win a title to understand his greatness ahead of those guys then I truly pity you.

Chronz
12-15-2013, 03:57 AM

griffins minutes and points were down last year because they blew quiet a few teams out and blake didn't have to even play the 4th in several games. the clippers bench was also one, if not the best, last year. it also makes sense that his FG% would go down when he is making an effort to implement his midrange game.

blake really pisses me off at time, but it really doesn't make any sense to trade blake for melo.

Most of what you said is true, but you need to realize FG% isn't as important as overall efficiency. Stats 101

Chronz
12-15-2013, 03:58 AM
Well CP3 is nearing 30. If the Clips decide to go for it NOW, then I could see a deal with NY.

Tyson, Melo, Shump & Kmart

for DJ, Blake & Dudley.... something along those lines... maybe send MWP there as well.

Melo played his best when he had Chauncey, other than that he's had garbage PG's. Him & CP3 would be amazing because not only is CP3 a great PG but he can shoot like Billups. And we all know the Cp3 to Tyson connection how well it worked in NOLA.
Andre Miller was not garbage, he got more out of Melo than a guy like Iverson did.

Hawkeye15
12-15-2013, 03:59 AM

dude, no. Blake takes a complete dump on Melo for value for the next 7 years. Fact.

stazzzzzzzz

kylem4711
12-15-2013, 04:03 AM

Most of what you said is true, but you need to realize FG% isn't as important as overall efficiency. Stats 101

thanks teacher

jerellh528
12-15-2013, 04:04 AM
dude, no. Blake takes a complete dump on Melo for value for the next 7 years. Fact.

stazzzzzzzz

You said right now, but yeah I agree. Melo will be like 36 in 7 yrs.

Chronz
12-15-2013, 04:05 AM
What makes you think hes way better? Buckets?

jerellh528
12-15-2013, 04:06 AM
I dont think anyone has said it but what makes Melo by far the better player? simple question. i just want to see how much better people think Melo is.

To me he is a better defender, has a larger offensive arsenal, puts more pressure on defenses and has the ability to dominate a game at any given moment.

Chronz
12-15-2013, 04:12 AM
thanks teacher
sorry drank

Chronz
12-15-2013, 04:20 AM
To me he is a better defender, has a larger offensive arsenal, puts more pressure on defenses and has the ability to dominate a game at any given moment.

better defender? rly? even though hes at his best as a 4?

Kashmir13579
12-15-2013, 04:37 AM

Injuries, though. Blake is prone to them. Say what you want about 'Melo, i've said plenty, but does Blake have 7 peak years in him? 'Melo has mostly avoided or played through his injuries, and his tinkering mid-range game wears less on the body than explosion players like Blake.

shep33
12-15-2013, 04:49 AM
I also don't think CP3 and Melo would be a good fit.

Add in Redick, Dudley, Crawford, DJ, etc. Clips are best when the ball is moving (like any team). Blake is also a very good passer and pretty unselfish player

ModernDaySavage
12-15-2013, 05:29 AM
This swift game guy gave me a pretty good laugh tonight. I'm glad I didn't have to respond to that since he got destroyed already.

Rndy
12-15-2013, 05:51 AM
Melo would do fine with a coach and a structured offense. Not a team that is so far up his *** and lets him do whatever he wants. I think Melo is a great fit in LAC but Clippers would need to redo there team and get some defense they have so many scoring options and not nearly good enough defense to win a ring.

todu82
12-15-2013, 12:49 PM
I think Mel would be fine on a team as a 2nd or 3rd option as he would be on the Clippers with CP3 and Griffin.

nycericanguy
12-15-2013, 01:08 PM

Add in Redick, Dudley, Crawford, DJ, etc. Clips are best when the ball is moving (like any team). Blake is also a very good passer and pretty unselfish player

Melo in the olympics has shown he can play with stars that move the ball. Last year NY had the 3rd most efficient offense, and DEN always had a good offense with Melo.

Right now the KNicks just don't have anyone that can create so it looks ugly.

Hawkeye15
12-15-2013, 02:00 PM
No, he doesn't, not if you're using this season as the barometer. This is Blake's worst statistical season yet, advanced metric-wise anyway. Potential has everything to do with it. If Griffin's potential doesn't matter, then all you're suggesting is that he will at least be simply as statistically valuable as Melo for the remainder of his career. If that's the case, he doesn't take a dump on anything. He'll just have more longevity, which I concede is an important factor to consider moving forward.

I am using the bulk of Melo's career versus the last couple of seasons for Blake, due to age. Melo isn't getting better. No chance of it happening. Blake can. Due to age, etc. At the very least, over the next 7 years, we KNOW Blake will have a better statistical output, simply due to age and career projections. There is no denying that in the slightest.

What has Blake proven? Essentially the same exact thing. And if you claim potential doesn't factor in, this makes even less sense. Melo's win shares per 48 since New York is virtually identical to Blake's. Griffin has a career PER of 22. Melo has failed in the playoffs; I'm interested to know what makes you think Blake wouldn't as the primary scorer. His numbers have taken a complete dive in the postseason as well. Who said anything about the Clippers banking on Melo? I merely said I could see that they'd kick the idea around. It's not as absurd as you're making it out to be.

Potential aside, again, this trade makes no sense because of where each player is in their career. Melo is no better of an option RIGHT NOW. Why would you mortgage the future for a 29 year old who gives you the same output if you are the Clips?

I disagree. Melo's best season trumps Blake's.

Blake last season had more win shares, ws/48, offensive rating, all better than Melo ever has. He went into the playoffs hurt. At age 23. If Blake's season at age 23 is statistically as strong as Melo at age 28, pretty simple for me on who I am taking.

Like I said, I'm curious to see how he would adjust to a coach with a winner's pedigree that he respects and an offense like Doc's.

He has had a great coach. He did nothing with it.

Hawkeye15
12-15-2013, 02:02 PM
Injuries, though. Blake is prone to them. Say what you want about 'Melo, i've said plenty, but does Blake have 7 peak years in him? 'Melo has mostly avoided or played through his injuries, and his tinkering mid-range game wears less on the body than explosion players like Blake.

you don't trade away a player 5 years younger with similar statistical output because you think he "might" get hurt.

Hawkeye15
12-15-2013, 02:02 PM

Melo's achilles heal....

Hawkeye15
12-15-2013, 02:05 PM
I think Mel would be fine on a team as a 2nd or 3rd option as he would be on the Clippers with CP3 and Griffin.

can you ever see Melo not forcing himself to be the 1st option?

nycericanguy
12-15-2013, 02:30 PM
When Melo played with AI for one full season he averaged 26ppg and shot almost 50% from the field.

I know Melo is generally not very well liked, but if you watch the Knicks every game you would see he is forced into taking a ton of shots that he shouldn't really be taking.

I would love to see Melo play with a legit 2nd star once in his career.

Advanced stats will say he is inefficient, but again if you watch him you see he often follows up his own misses down low several times which kills his overall FG%. That's why he averages more than double the offensive rebounds that say... Kevin Durant does career wise. And this year it's actually 3x more than Durant.

Kashmir13579
12-15-2013, 03:04 PM
you don't trade away a player 5 years younger with similar statistical output because you think he "might" get hurt.
Not saying they should trade him. Only stating the obvious.

Kashmir13579
12-15-2013, 03:08 PM

Yeah, its simple, pair him with a PG who won't give him a choice in the matter. Its exactly what he needs. Its not even so much that he wouldn't be a first option, its that he won't have free reign to pick and choose his spots.

Max.This
12-15-2013, 03:10 PM

Can you see what position the knicks would be if he didn't? J.r can't throw a penny in the ocean. Our point guard can't get the ball up faster than 13 seconds. Put him in a position where he doesn't have to be the 1st option then we can answer your question.

Kashmir13579
12-15-2013, 03:13 PM
When Melo played with AI for one full season he averaged 26ppg and shot almost 50% from the field.

I know Melo is generally not very well liked, but if you watch the Knicks every game you would see he is forced into taking a ton of shots that he shouldn't really be taking.

I would love to see Melo play with a legit 2nd star once in his career.

Advanced stats will say he is inefficient, but again if you watch him you see he often follows up his own misses down low several times which kills his overall FG%. That's why he averages more than double the offensive rebounds that say... Kevin Durant does career wise. And this year it's actually 3x more than Durant.

lmfao yeah right. Classic apologists. Its called 'Melo playing HIS game. And the rebounding thing wouldn't be an issue if he didn't always miss the initial gimme. Its borderline padding stats.

Max.This
12-15-2013, 03:14 PM
Blake's best statistical season was next to a promising guy by the name of Eric Gordon and mo williams running the point. Put blake next to raymond felton/ j.r smith then come talk about that ****

Swift Game
12-15-2013, 03:52 PM
Actually the evidence backs me, more importantly, the burden of proof falls on the accuser so spare me this diatribe and get to the point already.

Oh great, another blowhard who pretends to understand statistics. This should be fun.

Why would I care about FG% when his TS% has increased? I never contested how many games he played, I already agreed that hes injury prone and yet despite this hes only missed 2 games in the last 3 full seasons. You sound like an idiot when you say he hasn't played a full season since his rookie year, you do realize the lockout happened...... right? There were 66 games to play that season, he played in ALL OF THEM. He only missed 2 games last year. The guy plays through injuries, that much is certain. Will you ever get a clue?

Just like Blake outplayed him the year prior. Both have had injury problems however, and I never contested hes shrunk in the playoffs, you seem to think taking this argument off topic will do you favors, when all it does is show you have nothing to stand on. Show me proof and stop making my argument stronger, the link you provided shows an obvious statistical growth and they ignore the intangible improvements hes made. TRY HARDER.

LMFAO, at the stage Blake is at, Malone was barely becoming an All-Star so whats your point? That hes ahead of the pace a HOF PF displayed? Get a clue before you start talking NBA history.

Considering you know so little about Blake, why would I care what you're so sure of?

The same ignorant analyst that felt Iverson and Billups were equally inefficient on the basis of FG%, whilst completely ignoring the totality of efficiency, yea you're in good company there. LMFAO if your argument cant stand on its own merit, find a new argument.

Based on wat? More importantly, what does that have to do with Blake improving his game over the years?

Get this through your thick skull, I dont care about the comparison between Melo and Blake, quite frankly neither has done anything to separate themselves by a noticeable degree, this is strictly about Blakes evolution, stay on topic plz.

Again, why would I care about the opinion of someone who clearly knows very little about the players he speaks of, even worse, provides links to bbr that completely disprove his accusations.

LMFAO, Bron had already separated himself, if you needed to see him win a title to understand his greatness ahead of those guys then I truly pity you.

Defensive positioning, efficiency, range, playmaking. Do those not matter?*

So after all that hot air and wasted time in your post your best answer to your whole argument is Defensive position, range and efficiency? I almost feel embarrassed for you. Your a clown that only plays devils advocate. Lmao at this pathetic response.
Just stop bro, like I said before you have confirmed that you are a troll with a response like that. Done wasting my time on wasted sperm.

Hawkeye15
12-15-2013, 04:12 PM
Not saying they should trade him. Only stating the obvious.

I understand. Just saying, Blake already backed off his insane attack style. I don't think he will be an injury prone player during his career. And honestly, the age gap alone is why this trade would just be idiotic for the Clippers. Even if you think Melo is better right now, its marginal, and not enough to put the Clips over the top.

Hawkeye15
12-15-2013, 04:13 PM
Blake's best statistical season was next to a promising guy by the name of Eric Gordon and mo williams running the point. Put blake next to raymond felton/ j.r smith then come talk about that ****

Blake's best statistical season was last year.

Max.This
12-15-2013, 04:23 PM
Blake's best statistical season was last year.

Someone mentioned that he was putting up great number prior to chris paul's arrival. Im pointing out that prior to chris paul, blake had an above average point guard along with a solid 1st/2nd option in eric gordon. Melo does not have that in Ny. If you say Blake is better than Melo and they play their best position at 4 that would imply that if they swapped positions Blake would fair better.

FlashBolt
12-15-2013, 05:18 PM
How can you honestly say Blake is better than Melo? Blake is not who the opposing team goes after. They go after CP3. What about the NYK? You think the opposing coach tells his players to "lockdown J.R Smith"? J.R Smith does that himself. I was never too fond of Melo but to blame him for the disastrous play of his teammates is inexcusable. The man is putting up 26/9/2. Some of the best rebounding by a SF and all while having a team that doesn't defend or can't seem to find the basket. I can't blame Melo anymore. He's playing great basketball and seems to be the only one who tries to win. I hope Melo puts himself into a better position because this squad has really gone out of control. When your sidekick is shooting 33% from the floor and you're getting the blame, what else can you expect him to do?

koreancabbage
12-15-2013, 07:16 PM
How can you honestly say Blake is better than Melo? Blake is not who the opposing team goes after. They go after CP3. What about the NYK? You think the opposing coach tells his players to "lockdown J.R Smith"? J.R Smith does that himself. I was never too fond of Melo but to blame him for the disastrous play of his teammates is inexcusable. The man is putting up 26/9/2. Some of the best rebounding by a SF and all while having a team that doesn't defend or can't seem to find the basket. I can't blame Melo anymore. He's playing great basketball and seems to be the only one who tries to win. I hope Melo puts himself into a better position because this squad has really gone out of control. When your sidekick is shooting 33% from the floor and you're getting the blame, what else can you expect him to do?

noone is saying Griffin in better than Melo. But a lot of people would rather have the 24 year Griffin who hasn't even reached his potential yet and hasn't even entered his prime yet. Sure. Melo scores more points but he takes 5 more shots to average 6 more points.

this isn't even a contest. Blake has a better all round game at the 4 than Melo at the 4 if anything I would say give defense at guarding 4s to Griffin more so than Melo, but Melo can play 2 positions and is flexible on the offensive end - defensively not so much at either. and the fact Griffin is a willing passer. good bigs are a commodity in the NBA.

bad trade for the Clips, good trade for the Knicks.

Cal827
12-15-2013, 07:54 PM
Ah **** this, I've got the urge to bait.

Blake>Melo

Kashmir13579
12-15-2013, 11:01 PM
I understand. Just saying, Blake already backed off his insane attack style. I don't think he will be an injury prone player during his career. And honestly, the age gap alone is why this trade would just be idiotic for the Clippers. Even if you think Melo is better right now, its marginal, and not enough to put the Clips over the top.

I don't think its cut and dried like you do. Its not like they NEED more offense right now, but the playoffs are always a different story. If there is anyone to bring out the 'Melo we saw in the Olympics, it would be Chris Paul.

Chronz
12-15-2013, 11:12 PM

So after all that hot air and wasted time in your post your best answer to your whole argument is Defensive position, range and efficiency? I almost feel embarrassed for you. Your a clown that only plays devils advocate. Lmao at this pathetic response.
Just stop bro, like I said before you have confirmed that you are a troll with a response like that. Done wasting my time on wasted sperm.
Way to dodge/dismiss the entire post, make of it what you will, we are done here considering you have been exposed as a pretender, fg% lmfao

Kashmir13579
12-15-2013, 11:56 PM
Thats why you don't take on Chronz.. When will people learn? lol

WES KOAST
12-16-2013, 01:09 AM

clips wont win a title with blake or cp3 but they certainly will never win with melo that's fo sho

Method28
12-16-2013, 05:00 AM

Melo has missed more than double the.amount of games that Blake has.over the.past four.seasons.

kylem4711
12-16-2013, 10:03 PM

Classic post. you had no good response so you called him names and said he isn't worth your time. well played...

WES KOAST
12-16-2013, 11:16 PM
dumb...just stop

Stressindecade
12-17-2013, 06:40 PM

As a long time Knicks fan .. we want Melo out of New York .... we could careless who Melo is better than, Melo showed Knicks fans for 3 seasons he's a non-chemistry player with his teammates. Melo has no chemistry with his 8 season teammate JRsmith that he recruited to New York. Both players are Ballhoggers with to many flaws in their talent. Melo and JR wouldve never had a 50 win season without Super-Star guards (AI, Billups, or Kidd). Melo specifically plays for his high scoring stats, his 26/9/2 stats are a farce of 40 plus minute games that lead his team to a 7-17 record. Melo's 40 plus minutes of ISO-ballhoggin has all his teammates playing to get injured .. its no longer a mystery in New York why Melo 10 yr career had problems getting pass the first round of the playoffs.

nycericanguy
12-17-2013, 06:48 PM
As a long time Knicks fan .. we want Melo out of New York .... we could careless who Melo is better than, Melo showed Knicks fans for 3 seasons he's a non-chemistry player with his teammates. Melo has no chemistry with his 8 season teammate JRsmith that he recruited to New York. Both players are Ballhoggers with to many flaws in their talent. Melo and JR wouldve never had a 50 win season without Super-Star guards (AI, Billups, or Kidd). Melo specifically plays for his high scoring stats, his 26/9/2 stats are a farce of 40 plus minute games that lead his team to a 7-17 record. Melo's 40 plus minutes of ISO-ballhoggin has all his teammates playing to get injured .. its no longer a mystery in New York why Melo 10 yr career had problems getting pass the first round of the playoffs.

we? Speak for yourself.

I'm not against a rebuild, but I don't think the majority or even many want Melo out of NY.

And his stats are a farce because he plays 39mpg? What?

JordansBulls
12-17-2013, 08:59 PM
Melo would do wonders on the Clippers. He hasn't played with anyone who led a team to a title as the man hands down, but CP3 is close enough.

kylem4711
12-18-2013, 01:50 AM
Melo would do wonders on the Clippers. He hasn't played with anyone who led a team to a title as the man hands down, but CP3 is close enough.

nope he wouldn't. especially if the clippers have to give up blake

Heediot
12-18-2013, 09:20 AM
Melo, Shump, Hardaway for Blake, Mullens, Hollins, Willie Greeen, Stephen Jackson, Wayns and they may consider it.

Crackadalic
12-18-2013, 09:51 AM
Blake has the stats the back up how much better he is to melo but I look at it this way. Melos game is more for the playoffs despite his ISO play. He creates so much attention on offense that he creates the double team which is lethal on the clippers squad.

If melo can make average guys make shots he can for the clippers and with cp3 is just as dangerous

Blake is a hell of a player but he isn't a guy who you need to double team a whole lot. He's FT shooting hurts too come playoff time.

Now in terms of long term investment of course Blake 10 times out of 10 no question

As of now and a shot to go far it's melo. I have no doubt in my mind Doc can motivate the guy to get into a good shooting % especially with cp3

Let's look at it this way. When Melo plays with Pablo,a pass first guard, his TS% is over 64%. Without a passing pg it's in the low 50's. Just imagine with cp3

nycericanguy
12-18-2013, 11:12 AM
Paul Pierce had a lower FG % than Melo before KG & Ray Allen came. Then he started shooting close to 50%.

Same with Ray Allen who had his 3 best years FG% wise after joining BOS.

It's no coincidence. Melo can hit shots, he's just forced into taking a lot of bad shots because the focus is on him.

SINCESTARBURY25
12-18-2013, 11:30 AM
Id trade Melo for Blake and jamal crawford or Redick.

lamzoka
12-18-2013, 11:36 AM
This Blake > Melo thing is just silly. Melo is far more talented than blake

Some of you people here just ruined this forum with hatred. The hate for Melo is getting out of hand...
"He will never win" what have CP3 the best player in his position ever won? How about D-wight? but NOOOO they're "winners" cuz they don't wear knick uniforms. Its not Melo is not a winner, the problem is he's not surrounded with talent. We all thought Lebron was not a winner before. The boy is 2x champ now.
What have denver ever won b4 melo got there? What did they win after he left? (I'm not taking shots at the nuggets or their fans, I'm just trying to make a point)

meloman1592
12-18-2013, 11:39 AM
This Blake > Melo thing is just silly. Melo is far more talented than blake

Some of you people here just ruined this forum with hatred. The hate for Melo is getting out of hand...
"He will never win" what have CP3 the best player in his position ever won? How about D-wight? but NOOOO they're "winners" cuz they don't wear knick uniforms. Its not Melo is not a winner, the problem is he's not surrounded with talent. We all thought Lebron was not a winner before. The boy is 2x champ now.
What have denver ever won b4 melo got there? What did they win after he left? (I'm not taking shots at the nuggets or their fans, I'm just trying to make a point)

Preach

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-18-2013, 11:39 AM
Paul Pierce had a lower FG % than Melo before KG & Ray Allen came. Then he started shooting close to 50%.

It's no coincidence. Melo can hit shots, he's just forced into taking a lot of bad shots because the focus is on him.

his shot selection has been god awful his whole career

BklynKnicks3
12-18-2013, 11:52 AM
I have been educating people for years about the fake fg% of stars when they play with other stars, When Melo played with Iverson he shot 49% to. Lebron would always be 50% or more with the amound of dunks he gets but that 60% is so fake. I told people that Durant % has a lot to do with westbrook and he shot 42% without him. When u have multiple perimeter stars no team has enough perimeter defenders to keep up with that

nycericanguy
12-18-2013, 12:09 PM
his shot selection has been god awful his whole career

says the Kobe fan!...lol

Melo never had the luxury of playing with prime Shaq, prime Howard or prime Gasol. Despite that, Melo still has a higher FG% than Kobe career wise.

Melo had AI for one year and that was year Melo averaged 26ppg and shot .492% from the field, higher than Kobe ever has.

Edit: and prime bynum!

IKnowHoops
12-18-2013, 12:14 PM
I have been educating people for years about the fake fg% of stars when they play with other stars, When Melo played with Iverson he shot 49% to. Lebron would always be 50% or more with the amound of dunks he gets but that 60% is so fake. I told people that Durant % has a lot to do with westbrook and he shot 42% without him. When u have multiple perimeter stars no team has enough perimeter defenders to keep up with that

So I guess Jordan and Magic had fake field goal % there whole careers. Actually let me stop. With or without Pippen, Jordan shot the same. Had literally no effect. Shooting a high percentage for real talented guys is a simple choice not to take bad shots. But there is no body as talented as Lebron, therefore nobody can duplicate what Lebron James is doing. If there was then Wade would be just as efficient if not more because he gets to play with Lebron and Bosh, where as Bron plays with Bosh and Wade, so Wade `is the most talented player in the league playing with the two most talented side kicks.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-18-2013, 12:40 PM
lol fake FG% :laugh::laugh:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-18-2013, 12:42 PM
says the Kobe fan!...lol

Melo never had the luxury of playing with prime Shaq, prime Howard or prime Gasol. Despite that, Melo still has a higher FG% than Kobe career wise.

Melo had AI for one year and that was year Melo averaged 26ppg and shot .492% from the field, higher than Kobe ever has.

dont put Melo and Kobe in the same sentence.

BklynKnicks3
12-18-2013, 12:46 PM
So I guess Jordan and Magic had fake field goal % there whole careers. Actually let me stop. With or without Pippen, Jordan shot the same. Had literally no effect. Shooting a high percentage for real talented guys is a simple choice not to take bad shots. But there is no body as talented as Lebron, therefore nobody can duplicate what Lebron James is doing. If there was then Wade would be just as efficient if not more because he gets to play with Lebron and Bosh, where as Bron plays with Bosh and Wade, so Wade `is the most talented player in the league playing with the two most talented side kicks.

like I said fake fg% no bosh n wade he 52% tops . It is not just a choice to shoot bad shots its created by lack of spacing when the other team doesn't respect ur teammates, Also stars that don't have that 2nd guy are forced to shoot every end of the qtr and every end of the shot clock shot which is usually low % You people got a lot to learn

KniCks4LiFe
12-18-2013, 12:51 PM
we? Speak for yourself.

I'm not against a rebuild, but I don't think the majority or even many want Melo out of NY.

And his stats are a farce because he plays 39mpg? What?

trust me they do. LOLS

Chronz
12-18-2013, 01:54 PM
like I said fake fg% no bosh n wade he 52% tops . It is not just a choice to shoot bad shots its created by lack of spacing when the other team doesn't respect ur teammates, Also stars that don't have that 2nd guy are forced to shoot every end of the qtr and every end of the shot clock shot which is usually low % You people got a lot to learn

nothing fake about it. You're just not very good at measuring efficiency.

Chronz
12-18-2013, 01:57 PM

You make it sound as if that exonerates any level of efficiency.

Chronz
12-18-2013, 02:34 PM
says the Kobe fan!...lol

Melo with AI was actually LESS efficient than Melo with Andre Miller and Chauncey that one year. You would know that if you stopped citing less accurate barometers like FG%

nycericanguy
12-18-2013, 02:51 PM
Melo with AI was actually LESS efficient than Melo with Andre Miller and Chauncey that one year. You would know that if you stopped citing less accurate barometers like FG%

Melo's game has changed since that time, Karl didn't want him shooting many 3's in DEN...

There's nothing inefficient about a SF shooting nearly 50%... yes he shoots alot more 3's now.

And yes I understand TS% and all that, but people get really carried away with advanced stats sometimes.

My whole point was with another star he had better shot selection and a higher fg%, and that's usually the case when stars team up.

nycericanguy
12-18-2013, 02:53 PM
You make it sound as if that exonerates any level of efficiency.

Nope... but Melo is a career 46% shooter, has become very solid from 3, and has always been a good FT shooter. He's not inefficient.

Now, I know you will go on about TS% and eFG%... and yes there's a place for that. But there's also more to efficiency than just getting to the line alot like Harden... who is so "efficient" but relies on the refs way too much for my liking.

Chronz
12-18-2013, 03:06 PM
Melo's game has changed since that time, Karl didn't want him shooting many 3's in DEN...
But you're talking about the years he spent with AI as some sort of foundation to your FG% argument, that time spans from Andre Miller to Chauncey, AI is smack in the middle of those 2 PG's. Unless you expect me to believe Melo for some reason just happened to play his least efficient ball with AI but was better in the years prior and after coincidentally, then Im afraid I cant suspend my disbelief that far.

There's nothing inefficient about a SF shooting nearly 50%... yes he shoots alot more 3's now.
There is nothing in my post that suggested he was inefficient or that I was comparing the Melo with AI to the Melo of today. If you read my post you can see I name 2 distinct PG's, Andre and Billups. How you took that to imply I was talking about Melo today (who currently plays with guys like Felton and Prigs) is beyond me.

Anyways, efficiency is relative, I never said he was inefficient, but hes not as efficient as the true greats and you're excuses do not exonerate him, that he needs that excuse is why hes a second tier star.

And yes I understand TS% and all that, but people get really carried away with advanced stats sometimes.
But we're talking about the same player here. When was that same player at his most efficient? It wasn't alongside AI, Andre did far more for Melo than AI did. And its not that advanced, its simple math. FG% is far too unreliable to use as any sort of barometer, its significantly less conducive to winning in comparison to overall efficiency.

My whole point was with another star he had better shot selection and a higher fg%, and that's usually the case when stars team up.
But why would anyone care about FG% when it does such a poor job of measuring efficiency?

Chronz
12-18-2013, 03:09 PM
Nope... but Melo is a career 46% shooter, has become very solid from 3, and has always been a good FT shooter. He's not inefficient.

Now, I know you will go on about TS% and eFG%... and yes there's a place for that. But there's also more to efficiency than just getting to the line alot like Harden... who is so "efficient" but relies on the refs way too much for my liking.

eFG% is an upgraded FG% in that it ignores FT's, so if you had used that it would make more sense but the point remains, when it comes to measuring a players overall effectiveness, FG% is by far the least informative.

And I get that you have your personal preferences but at the end of the day its the results that matter. If a player gets to the line alot, those points he scored actually counted. This isn't about Harden however, its not even a comparison between 2 players, this is just looking at how the exact same player has produced over the 4-5 year span in between those PG's. AI brought out the worst in Melo, so using him as an example and citing FG% as some sort of beacon of hope is completely twisted.

shep33
12-18-2013, 03:12 PM
Again .. there is no way in hell that you trade Blake for melo. Blake is way too young and talented to trade for a guy who is going to be out of his prime soon

D-Block21-Chito
12-18-2013, 03:48 PM
lol I'd rather have melo than Blake anyday. Blake is not on the same level

kylem4711
12-18-2013, 06:46 PM
im glad everyone realizes that the clippers shouldn't trade blake for melo. we can go ahead and close this thread now.

IKnowHoops
12-18-2013, 06:58 PM
lol I'd rather have melo than Blake anyday. Blake is not on the same level

I'll take Blake, and I think Melo is more skilled, but Blake has more God given ability. Like all players they both need help to win and Melo, much like Kobe gets a lot of his points outside the flow of the offense. I think Melo's points are faker than Lebron's FG% because much of his points are just him jacking shots over and over again. Ive seen the 7-24 stat sheets he's had. If Melo just got his points within the offensive flow, his points would drop dramatically. Thats what is ignored about Bron, and to be on topic Blake. Blake aint sitting on the outside going iso with his man while his teammates just sit and watch. Blake gets his within the offensive flow, and therefore he is not a detriment to his team. Melo's ball hog behavior screws up offensive flow, therefore worsening the team and his teammates. Bron's teammates are always 100% engaged in the offense and therefore his teammates and the players around him are better. Blake in a freak of nature who cannot be matched physically or athletically. He just needs to keep working on his game and he will be the best PF in the game. He gets his within the flow of the offense. He doesn't get "fake points" haha. But for real Melo putting up 38 pts on 12 of 34 shooting is a guaranteed loss, and he does it a lot. Blake will get his points from just playing basketball, getting rebounds, running the floor, getting to open spaces. I want my team to be a team.