12-13-2013, 02:35 PM
in no particular order:
jordan crawford
jamal crawford
melo
jr smith
gay
nick young

edit: chucker is defined (by me) as someone who often takes ill advised shots, poor shots (double teamed, early in shot clock), or just plain high volume at low % (not to be confused with someone that just sucks at shooting).

OKC
12-13-2013, 02:37 PM
Josh Smith /thread

NoahH
12-13-2013, 02:42 PM
Kemba Walker
Brandon Jennings
Gordon Hayward
Kevin Martin
Dion Waiters

Chronz
12-13-2013, 02:49 PM
I dont think Crawford is a chucker by your definition, either of them actually. Definitely not Melo.

Yes to the rest

Cal827
12-13-2013, 02:50 PM
Rudy Gay / Thread

Max.This
12-13-2013, 02:54 PM
in no particular order:
jordan crawford
jamal crawford
melo
jr smith
gay
nick young

edit: chucker is defined (by me) as someone who often takes ill advised shots, poor shots (double teamed, early in shot clock), or just plain high volume at low % (not to be confused with someone that just sucks at shooting).

Jordan crawford has been playing well, so if hes shooting a high volume its because he's making. Its ignorant to just look at a player's shooting w/out looking at the construct of the team he's on.

ManningToTyree
12-13-2013, 03:23 PM
Melo and Jamal Crawford don't fit into that category

Sadds The Gr8
12-13-2013, 03:31 PM
Chucker is the most overused word on this forum. Kevin Martin is not a chucker.

kobe4thewinbang
12-13-2013, 04:16 PM
Steph Curry. Yeah, I went there.

Cal827
12-13-2013, 04:19 PM
^ Kobe Bryant.

TrueFan420
12-13-2013, 04:20 PM
Steph Curry. Yeah, I went there.

Cause being one of the most efficient shoots in the nba and potentially history of the nba is chucking?

TrueFan420
12-13-2013, 04:21 PM
^ Kobe Bryant.

Second that motion

Mr_Jones
12-13-2013, 04:25 PM
in no particular order:
jordan crawford
jamal crawford
melo
jr smith
gay
nick young

Nick Young by no means has been a chucker this year, surprisingly. He's been very well-balanced. That was my concern with him going into the season but he's done very well.

Supreme LA
12-13-2013, 04:31 PM
Cause being one of the most efficient shoots in the nba and potentially history of the nba is chucking?

Umm...yes.

Chucking isn't defined by how many you make. Steph Curry just so happens to be a chucker who makes almost all of his shots.

TrueFan420
12-13-2013, 04:41 PM
Umm...yes.

Chucking isn't defined by how many you make. Steph Curry just so happens to be a chucker who makes almost all of his shots.
No but he doesn't take ill advised or poor shots. He has the green light to shoot early and in transition. Curry isn't a chucker.

Bklyn24
12-13-2013, 04:42 PM
melo is one of the best scorers in the league and can score on you pretty much anyway he wants to(inside/outside), how is he a chucker?

kobe4thewinbang
12-13-2013, 04:43 PM
Cause being one of the most efficient shoots in the nba and potentially history of the nba is chucking?If Curry wasn't shooting so well, would he be a chucker? The dude shoots A LOT.

Carbine15
12-13-2013, 04:44 PM
I dont know how Curry would be considered a chucker.

Supreme LA
12-13-2013, 04:45 PM
No but he doesn't take ill advised or poor shots. He has the green light to shoot early and in transition. Curry isn't a chucker.

The OP clearly defined chucking as taking ill-advised shots as double teamed, contested, or early in the clock. It doesn't matter that he has the green light to do it. He's still a chucker, just a very successful one. I'm not gonna debate this with you anymore. I take the term chucker literally for what it is and you seem to have a convoluted idea of what it means.

kobe4thewinbang
12-13-2013, 04:45 PM
The OP clearly defined chucking as taking ill-advised shots as double teamed or early in the clock. It doesn't matter that he has the green light to do it. He's still a chucker, just a very successful one. I'm not gonna debate this with you anymore. I take the term chucker literally for what it is and you seem to have a convoluted idea of what it means.+1

ghettosean
12-13-2013, 04:47 PM

+1

I don't think most people even know what a chucker is if some are calling Steph Curry a chucker :facepalm:

If so then so is Ray Allen when he chucked up that 3 pointer in game 6 to win Lebron his 2nd ring.

kobe4thewinbang
12-13-2013, 04:48 PM
+1

I don't think most people even know what a chucker is if some are calling Steph Curry a chucker :facepalm:

If so then so is Ray Allen when he chucked up that 3 pointer in game 6 to win Lebron his 2nd ring.Remember when Ray-Ray couldn't hit a shot for like a whole season?

Ebbs
12-13-2013, 05:12 PM
Chucker to me equals took more shots than he scored points. It's a good starting point.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&lg_id=NBA&is_playoffs=N&year_min=2014&year_max=2014&franch_id=&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&birth_country_is=Y&birth_country=&is_active=&is_hof=&is_as=&as_comp=gt&as_val=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&qual=&c1stat=&c1comp=gt&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5stat=fga&c5comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=pts&order_by=ws

Josh Smith
Derrick Rose
J.R. Smith
Jeffrey Taylor
Raymond Felton
Marcus Thornton
Jose Barea
Kevin Garnett

are some notables.

Carbine15
12-13-2013, 05:17 PM
If curry is a chucker then kobe is surely a career chucker.

scissors
12-13-2013, 05:19 PM
As well has Monta Ellis has been playing he's still a chucker

tredigs
12-13-2013, 05:21 PM
If Curry wasn't shooting so well, would he be a chucker? The dude shoots A LOT.

Agreed, if Curry was a different human we could potentially put him in the Chucker category.

Bruno
12-13-2013, 05:27 PM
Chucker is one of the dumbest descriptions. there is no solidified definition as people define it as they will.

to me, a chucker is a guy who has a TS% under .530, while posting a USG rate of 20% or higher, while taking at least 14 FGA per game. if you shoot under 40% from the field and average over 14 FGA per game you're probably a chucker too. :laugh2:

Bruno
12-13-2013, 05:28 PM
If curry is a chucker then kobe is surely a career chucker.

if Kobe is a chucker then so is Wilt, Tim Duncan and Hakeem. he has a higher career TS% than all of them.

lol, please
12-13-2013, 05:29 PM
Ellis, Ellis, Ellis, Ellis and Ellis (in Chappelle's Dylan voice).

Bruno
12-13-2013, 05:30 PM
Shaq is a total chucker. he took so many free throws, yet missed so many. what'd he keep chuckin 'em up there for? what is he doing? ;)

ghettosean
12-13-2013, 05:32 PM
The OP clearly defined chucking as taking ill-advised shotsas double teamed, contested, or early in the clock. It doesn't matter that he has the green light to do it. He's still a chucker, just a very successful one. I'm not gonna debate this with you anymore. I take the term chucker literally for what it is and you seem to have a convoluted idea of what it means.

How is a shot ill advised if you are making it with great consistency.... Actually historical consistency at that!

ghettosean
12-13-2013, 05:33 PM
Remember when Ray-Ray couldn't hit a shot for like a whole season?

I agree but he had to take the shot or Lebron wouldn't have his 2nd ring and definitely wouldn't be as high up in the GOAT list as he is now.

Supreme LA
12-13-2013, 05:40 PM
How is a shot ill advised if you are making it with great consistency.... Actually historical consistency at that!

Because ill-advised shots are generally used to describe contested shots or shot when you're double-teamed.

I didn't say Curry wasn't amazing. He's the GOAT. Doesn't mean he doesn't chuck shots up.

Just get over it. Apparently a lot more people have convoluted definitions of what a chucker is.

RipCity32
12-13-2013, 05:43 PM
Josh Smith is the correct answer here. Jennings has been more pass first until our offense goes stale. Jennings is just a bad shooter that can get really hot at times.

ghettosean
12-13-2013, 06:03 PM
Because ill-advised shots are generally used to describe contested shots or shot when you're double-teamed.

I didn't say Curry wasn't amazing. He's the GOAT. Doesn't mean he doesn't chuck shots up.

Just get over it. Apparently a lot more people have convoluted definitions of what a chucker is.

To me a chucker who takes ill advised shots meaning he doesn't make those contested shots or doesn't make shots when double teamed. To me it doesn't make sense to call someone a chucker when he's efficient (to me a chucker is the opposite someone who is inefficient who chucks up shots).

To me if you take a lot of shots and make them with consistency or efficiency it's not a chuck it's a basket!

This is somewhat of my definition though... Curry isn't just taking shots to just take shots he's taking them and scoring efficiently. I get what you are saying though because Curry can take and make shots other stars in the league can't even dream about but I just don't consider him a chucker.

jstone0716
12-13-2013, 06:17 PM
To the determent of their teams success:

Josh Smith
Rudy Gay
Kemba Walker
J.R. Smith
Brandon Jennings

To a lesser extent:

Melo
Russel Westbrook
Kobe Bryant
Kryie Irving
DeRozen
Jamal Crawford
Dion Waiters

KingPosey
12-13-2013, 06:45 PM

Ya that annoyed me when I saw his name

Paul Jeffrey
12-13-2013, 06:47 PM

An ill advised shot is different from player to player. If a player, like JR Smith, has the capabilities to take to the rack and hit mid range jumpers all day is averaging 10 3s a game, taking fadeaway 3s, and fancy 360 layups then his shot selection sucks even if he makes a few.

So many players have such poor shot selection when they could get much much better shots.

That's what a chucker is to me. Somebody who takes very stupid shots when they could get off much better shots, while shooting the ball at a high volume.

jerellh528
12-13-2013, 06:55 PM
This season the chuckers seemed to have calmed down a bit, but generally guys like Ellis, Jennings, smith, would be the most common answers. If you take the term literally I would say dwight Howard because anything he tosses toward the rim looks like he just chucked it up there.

GiantsSwaGG
12-13-2013, 07:00 PM
in no particular order:
jordan crawford
jamal crawford
melo
jr smith
gay
nick young

Colby Bryant
LeBron James
Monta Ellis
Dwayne Wade

ModernDaySavage
12-13-2013, 07:01 PM
This thread is absolutely awful. Filled with a lot of ignorance.

One of the best shooters in the league is not a chucker. A chucker is someone who is awful at shooting, but continues to launch shots up even if well defended or early shot clock when passes or other moves can be made. Just because Curry takes a decent amount of shots doesn't mean he is a chucker, he is a very smart player as well as a great shooter/passer. He's almost the opposite. You can't call someone a successful chucker, they'd just be an efficient shooter.

To me it seems only Kobe fans do not understand the definition of chucking, since they've probably had to defend Kobe from doing it year in year out. Also someone said, "if Kobe is a chucker, then Wilt, Duncan, and Hakeem are too." Seriously? Because of their TS %? I hope you're kidding, just look at Kobe's free throw % that absolutely sky rockets his TS %. In no way, shape, or form is that the criteria stat for chucking. It's taking deep, unintelligent shots, that you cannot hit consistently just because you like playing hero ball (thinking you're amazing). If you truly think a big man like Duncan or Hakeem are chuckers or moreso than Kobe, nothing I can type here will convince your delusional thoughts otherwise.

L8kers4life
12-13-2013, 07:44 PM

One of the best shooters in the league is not a chucker. A chucker is someone who is awful at shooting, but continues to launch shots up even if well defended or early shot clock when passes or other moves can be made. Just because Curry takes a decent amount of shots doesn't mean he is a chucker, he is a very smart player as well as a great shooter/passer. He's almost the opposite. You can't call someone a successful chucker, they'd just be an efficient shooter.

To me it seems only Kobe fans do not understand the definition of chucking, since they've probably had to defend Kobe from doing it year in year out. Also someone said, "if Kobe is a chucker, then Wilt, Duncan, and Hakeem are too." Seriously? Because of their TS %? I hope you're kidding, just look at Kobe's free throw % that absolutely sky rockets his TS %. In no way, shape, or form is that the criteria stat for chucking. It's taking deep, unintelligent shots, that you cannot hit consistently just because you like playing hero ball (thinking you're amazing). If you truly think a big man like Duncan or Hakeem are chuckers or moreso than Kobe, nothing I can type here will convince your delusional thoughts otherwise.

I agree Kobe shoots too much, but 5championships and 7 finals appearances say he is not a chucker, he takes a lot of shots but any shot he takes is usually a good one. A chucker would be Allen Iverson, Larry Hughes, Monta Ellis. The only reason shoots a lower percentage then Jordan is because Kobe shots 4 times as many 3's, which lower his field goal percentage, go take a look at Kobe's shooting percentage inside the 3 point line and then call him a chucker.

Deception
12-13-2013, 07:50 PM
Anyone that wants to say Brandon Jennings needs to watch him this season first before throwing him into consideration. Josh Smith on the other hand, feel free, he throws up shots left and right while Jennings is distributing the ball and shooting second.

Supreme LA
12-13-2013, 07:51 PM

I don't see how any of this has to do with Kobe. I also think you have it backwards.

It's obvious that some of us consider Curry to be a chucker than Kobe would be as well.

tr3ymill3r
12-13-2013, 08:14 PM
Detroit Pistons and NY Knicks, yes the entire teams are chuckers.

Dade County
12-13-2013, 08:34 PM
Kobe bean bryant... aka back before rose lol... aka I'm open.

naps
12-13-2013, 08:56 PM
To answer this thread: Does Joe Dumars still have his job?

nastynice
12-13-2013, 09:00 PM
would steph curry be a chucker? he definitely chucks that ****, lol. But I ain't mad at that, he can get a hot hand and takes heat checks, and to be honest drills most of them. So I guess he's a chucker, but a very good and efficient chucker. Plus, he's a smart chucker, like he'll chuck off a screen, or in transition, not while he has two guys in his face like kobe (whom I love as a player, not trying to bash the guy).

RipCity32
12-13-2013, 09:01 PM
To answer this thread: Does Joe Dumars still have his job?

Hopefully not much longer. Hes a idiot and has no concept of putting together players that fit and compliment each other. I like the Jennings trade but the Smith signing was just dumb. Dumars will sign anyone he thinks is a good player even if it will create a log jam at a position.

ManRam
12-13-2013, 09:03 PM
Chucking implies high volume/low efficiency IMO.

So, guys like Waiters, DeRozan, Gay, Russy (despite how much I love him...this he's he's been bad), Kyrie (this season only)...

You can add half the Knicks roster too. Not Melo though. He's gotta chuck.

Hawkeye15
12-13-2013, 09:06 PM
Eric Gordon (this year)
Nick Young
Rudy Gay
Marcus Thornton
Demar DeRozan

these guys shoot a ton of shots compared to when they pass, and they are all inefficient doing so.

nastynice
12-13-2013, 09:07 PM
The OP clearly defined chucking as taking ill-advised shots as double teamed, contested, or early in the clock. It doesn't matter that he has the green light to do it. He's still a chucker, just a very successful one. I'm not gonna debate this with you anymore. I take the term chucker literally for what it is and you seem to have a convoluted idea of what it means.

whoa, I completely skipped over the thread and just answered the op. Apparently its all about curry and kobe, lol, the two people i mentioned in my previous post. According to this, Curry COULD be a chucker, cuz he definitely takes them early in the shot clock, but definitely not ill advised. So I guess he's a half way chucker, lol. Kobe's definitely a chucker, pretty much the definition of chucker, but he's also pretty clutch, so I wouldn't mind having kobe chuck. Definitely one of the top chuckers in the league (or at least was at one point).

ThaDubs
12-13-2013, 09:21 PM

God, so much stupidity in this forum. I'm not even going to elaborate. Either you hate the Warriors and you're trying your hardest to talk some **** on Steph, or you're just simply dumb.

ManRam
12-13-2013, 09:25 PM
"Chucking" is a derogatory phrase. If you're "very successful" at it, well, then you're not chucking. Because if you shoot a ton and are still efficient, well, that's a tremendous asset to have. High volume/high efficiency is so rare to find...and so incredibly valuable. That's never "chucking" IMO...

Bruno
12-13-2013, 09:25 PM
Chucking implies high volume/low efficiency IMO.

So, guys like Waiters, DeRozan, Gay, Russy (despite how much I love him...this he's he's been bad), Kyrie (this season only)...

You can add half the Knicks roster too. Not Melo though. He's gotta chuck.

i almost want to give westbrook a pass here though.

ThaDubs
12-13-2013, 09:29 PM
"Chucking" is a derogatory phrase. If you're "very successful" at it, well, then you're not chucking. Because if you shoot a ton and are still efficient, well, that's a tremendous asset to have. High volume/high efficiency is so rare to find...and so incredibly valuable. That's never "chucking" IMO...

It's like making girls cum everytime but being told you're bad in bed just because you have a tiny dick. Or no, never mind. :facepalm:

ManRam
12-13-2013, 09:33 PM
i almost want to give westbrook a pass here though.

I've really never been critical of Westy in my life...he's easily one of my 5 favorite NBA players, but this year he has been chucking. People do get too caught up in the volume because he plays with KD, but it's far more often than not beneficial to his team. This year, I'm uncertain

But I am willing to chalk it off as recovering from an injury. I don't think he's a "chucker"...but this season because of how poorly he's been shooting, I think he does qualify. But normal healthy Russy is not. And people fail to recognize how much his scoring benefits KD (who's the best scorer in the league...but probably not with Russy taking some of the load off of him).

ManRam
12-13-2013, 09:34 PM
It's like making girls cum everytime but being told you're bad in bed just because you have a tiny dick. Or no, never mind. :facepalm:

:laugh:

Curry isn't a :"chucker" tho. THat's just preposterous. He's at the worst the second best shooter in the league...and perhaps the best 3 point shooter ever. With those two things being true he could shoot it 40 times a game and not be "chucking".

xnick5757
12-13-2013, 09:40 PM
Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay Rudy Gay

19 shots a games, hits 38.8% of them

alexander_37
12-13-2013, 10:37 PM
Gay
Smith
Colby
Melo

Raidergrant
01-12-2014, 05:40 AM
There are a lot of people who say Rudy Gay. He's been great for Sacramento and hasn't really been a chucker. He's shooting around 50% from the field and getting to the line. He's also a better passer then I thought. He really benefits from having an all star calliber center in Cousins like he did with Memphis in Gasol.

DitchDat
01-12-2014, 08:01 AM
Brandon Jennings never saw a shot he didn't like.

archdevil84
01-12-2014, 08:40 AM
the bearded one james harden chucks up any shot he likes

Goose17
01-12-2014, 08:49 AM
:laugh:

Curry isn't a :"chucker" tho. THat's just preposterous. He's at the worst the second best shooter in the league...and perhaps the best 3 point shooter ever. With those two things being true he could shoot it 40 times a game and not be "chucking".

This^

People don't seem to understand what being a "chucker" means. Being a "chucker" means high volume and low efficiency.

Being a chucker and being a shooter are not the same thing, shooters shoot, and if they have a bad game and they're missing but continue to shoot that's fine, that's what they do, they could get hot at any moment. When you look through their career you will see that although they shoot a lot, they make a lot. This high volume and high efficiency is definitely not chucking.

Chuckers are poor decision makers who continue to shoot a high volume of shots throughout their career despite the low level of efficiency.

Examples of chuckers (this season only);

Gerald Henderson, 80% of his attempted shots have been jump shots, his eFG% on jump shots is .399%

Josh Smith, 60% of his attempted shots have been jump shots, his eFG% on jump shots is .318%

J.R Smith, 86% of his attempted shots have been jump shots, his eFG% on jump shots is .423%

Westbrook, 68% of his attempted shot have been jump shots, his eFG% on jump shots is .418%

Ben Gordon, 81% of his attempted shots have been jump shots, his eFG% on jump shots is .358%

Examples of Shooters (the antithesis of chuckers, again, this season only);

Stephen Curry, 89% of his attempted shots have been jump shots, his eFG% on jump shots is .535%

Kevin Durant, 79% of his attempted shots have been jump shots, his eFG% on jump shots is .504%

Klay Thompson, 87% of his attempted shots have been jump shots, his eFG% on jump shots is .541%

Ray Allen, 79% of his attempted shots have been jump shots, his eFG% on jump shots is .552%

Mario Chalmers, 67% of his attempted shots have been jump shots, his eFG% on jump shots is .510%

Shane Battier, 88% of his attempted shots have been jump shots, his eFG% on jump shots is .524%

Damian Lillard, 74% of his attempted shots have been jump shots, his eFG% on jump shots is .547%

J.J Redick, 88% of his attempted shots have been jump shots, his eFG% on jump shots is .506%

Wes Mathews 82% of his attempted shots have been jump shots, his eFG% on jump shots is .596%

jericho
01-12-2014, 10:01 AM
This^

People don't seem to understand what being a "chucker" means. Being a "chucker" means high volume and low efficiency.

Being a chucker and being a shooter are not the same thing, shooters shoot, and if they have a bad game and they're missing but continue to shoot that's fine, that's what they do, they could get hot at any moment. When you look through their career you will see that although they shoot a lot, they make a lot. This high volume and high efficiency is definitely not chucking.

Chuckers are poor decision makers who continue to shoot a high volume of shots throughout their career despite the low level of efficiency.

Examples of chuckers (this season only);

Gerald Henderson, 80% of his attempted shots have been jump shots, his eFG% on jump shots is .399%

Josh Smith, 60% of his attempted shots have been jump shots, his eFG% on jump shots is .318%

J.R Smith, 86% of his attempted shots have been jump shots, his eFG% on jump shots is .423%

Westbrook, 68% of his attempted shot have been jump shots, his eFG% on jump shots is .418%

Ben Gordon, 81% of his attempted shots have been jump shots, his eFG% on jump shots is .358%

Examples of Shooters (the antithesis of chuckers, again, this season only);

Stephen Curry, 89% of his attempted shots have been jump shots, his eFG% on jump shots is .535%

Kevin Durant, 79% of his attempted shots have been jump shots, his eFG% on jump shots is .504%

Klay Thompson, 87% of his attempted shots have been jump shots, his eFG% on jump shots is .541%

Ray Allen, 79% of his attempted shots have been jump shots, his eFG% on jump shots is .552%

Mario Chalmers, 67% of his attempted shots have been jump shots, his eFG% on jump shots is .510%

Shane Battier, 88% of his attempted shots have been jump shots, his eFG% on jump shots is .524%

Damian Lillard, 74% of his attempted shots have been jump shots, his eFG% on jump shots is .547%

J.J Redick, 88% of his attempted shots have been jump shots, his eFG% on jump shots is .506%

Wes Mathews 82% of his attempted shots have been jump shots, his eFG% on jump shots is .596%

Dude i have argued with you before and i dont even remember why but i just want to give you an advice. Its the Lakers fans talking here no sorry Kobe fans. So really dont try to defend your boy here everybody knows that he is good and that he aint a chucker. Just really look at some of the posts on this, its just waste of time best thing to do is ignore it.

Goose17
01-12-2014, 10:04 AM
Dude i have argued with you before and i dont even remember why but i just want to give you an advice. Its the Lakers fans talking here no sorry Kobe fans. So really dont try to defend your boy here everybody knows that he is good and that he aint a chucker. Just really look at some of the posts on this, its just waste of time best thing to do is ignore it.

I don't remember seeing your posts before or arguing with you before, so it's whatever, it was probably something stupid.

And I'm not just defending Curry, I'm trying to clarify what a "chucker" is and isn't. Some people seem confused by it, taking a lot of shots doesn't make you a chucker, some don't seem to grasp that.

Wouldn't surprise me if you're right and it was just Lakers fans though.

RipCity32
01-12-2014, 12:12 PM
Brandon Jennings never saw a shot he didn't like.

I still don't think Hes a chucker. I've watched him all season and all he does is try to pass. He takes his shots within the flow of the offense. He just has a terrible shot and can't drive and convert. The only time he might start chucking is in the 4 th when we go down big and the rest of the team is scared to take a shot.

Goose17
01-12-2014, 12:38 PM
I still don't think Hes a chucker. I've watched him all season and all he does is try to pass. He takes his shots within the flow of the offense. He just has a terrible shot and can't drive and convert. The only time he might start chucking is in the 4 th when we go down big and the rest of the team is scared to take a shot.

Just wondering about your username, why do you call yourself rip city but support Detroit?

Anyway...

Personally I would put Jennings on the chucker list, 76% of his shot attempts are jump shots and his eFG% for jump shots is .426 which is only marginally better than J.R Smith. Interestingly with Jennings, the quicker he takes his shot, the more he makes. He shoots much better inside the first 10-15 seconds of the shot clock than he does if he shoots it later (I'm assuming some of that is pulling up on fast breaks and shooting early when the defense isn't quite set).

You're right that he has a terrible shot, but that's the problem. If he has a terrible shot, he shouldn't be taking so many shots. Like I said earlier, there's a difference between guys that are poor shooters and shoot a high volume and guys that are incredibly efficient shooters but are having a bad night and keep shooting. The latter actually has a chance of turning it around, the former does not.

76% of Jennings shot attempts are jump shots, if you can't shoot, you shouldn't be relying so heavily on your jump shot. The remaining 24% comes from inside, where he has an eFG% of .539.

I'll put my hand up and admit I've seen very little of the Pistons this year, I watched you guys play Indiana and OKC at the start of the year and I watched the Brooklyn game at the start of December, but that's it. So really I can't make a fair judgement, all I have is the numbers and some limited time watching games. I watched more of him in Milwaukee last season than I have in Detroit this season.

Like I say, I can't make a fair judgement, the numbers only tell you so much about a player and it would be ignorant of me to judge him when I've only seen him play three times this season (aside from watching highlights obviously). But based on the numbers, he certainly falls into that chucker category.

Sactown
01-12-2014, 12:41 PM
If the ball feels like leather.. Marcus Thornton will shoot it

Goose17
01-12-2014, 01:03 PM
If the ball feels like leather.. Marcus Thornton will shoot it

:nod:

I forgot to put him on my list of examples, great example of a chucker.

Travis Outlaw as well.

Isaiah Thomas is a great example of a shooter/non chucker.

RipCity32
01-12-2014, 01:26 PM
Just wondering about your username, why do you call yourself rip city but support Detroit?

Anyway...

Personally I would put Jennings on the chucker list, 76% of his shot attempts are jump shots and his eFG% for jump shots is .426 which is only marginally better than J.R Smith. Interestingly with Jennings, the quicker he takes his shot, the more he makes. He shoots much better inside the first 10-15 seconds of the shot clock than he does if he shoots it later (I'm assuming some of that is pulling up on fast breaks and shooting early when the defense isn't quite set).

You're right that he has a terrible shot, but that's the problem. If he has a terrible shot, he shouldn't be taking so many shots. Like I said earlier, there's a difference between guys that are poor shooters and shoot a high volume and guys that are incredibly efficient shooters but are having a bad night and keep shooting. The latter actually has a chance of turning it around, the former does not.

76% of Jennings shot attempts are jump shots, if you can't shoot, you shouldn't be relying so heavily on your jump shot. The remaining 24% comes from inside, where he has an eFG% of .539.

I'll put my hand up and admit I've seen very little of the Pistons this year, I watched you guys play Indiana and OKC at the start of the year and I watched the Brooklyn game at the start of December, but that's it. So really I can't make a fair judgement, all I have is the numbers and some limited time watching games. I watched more of him in Milwaukee last season than I have in Detroit this season.

Like I say, I can't make a fair judgement, the numbers only tell you so much about a player and it would be ignorant of me to judge him when I've only seen him play three times this season (aside from watching highlights obviously). But based on the numbers, he certainly falls into that chucker category.

That used to be a nickname in Detroit with Rip Hamilton. But know it just looks like I'm a damn Blazer fan or something lol.

Goose17
01-12-2014, 01:54 PM
That used to be a nickname in Detroit with Rip Hamilton. But know it just looks like I'm a damn Blazer fan or something lol.

lol damn, I forgot about Rip in that championship run for a minute there.

Jamiecballer
01-12-2014, 02:30 PM
Jennings
Melo
Gay

Triple_Ocho
01-12-2014, 02:37 PM
I am a Lakers/Kobe fan. Before you immediately discredit my opinion, I just need to point out something obvious... Every fanbase has idiot fans who talk outta their *****. Kobe definitely has games in which he shoots the Lakers out of possibly winning. He has many other games (more often than not) where he is efficient and makes good choices. Kobe definitely can be considered a chucker. It's a matter of opinion. The majority of Lakers fans get it. Unfortunately the Lakers attract more idiot fans than smaller market teams do. Don't call out all Lakers/Kobe fans lol... Call out the individual idiots.

Deception
01-12-2014, 03:46 PM

Anyway...

A chucker though is someone who constantly throws up shots who disrupts the offense of a team (JR Smith), however, Jennings is top 5 in assists and last night has the season record for assists (18 assists, 16 in the 1st half), like stated, he's just not a good shooter. Even though he can't shoot well, he doesn't force shots usually, we just have a team who have players who are scared to shoot and run the clock down.

Jamiecballer
01-12-2014, 04:26 PM
A chucker though is someone who constantly throws up shots who disrupts the offense of a team (JR Smith), however, Jennings is top 5 in assists and last night has the season record for assists (18 assists, 16 in the 1st half), like stated, he's just not a good shooter. Even though he can't shoot well, he doesn't force shots usually, we just have a team who have players who are scared to shoot and run the clock down.
the criticism you will get with your explanation is that the player has been the same all 4 years in the league, regardless of team or teammates. this year is pretty close to on par with the rest of them.

that's the definition of chucker really - someone with an established history of wasting possessions on low percentage shots AND/OR someone who continually takes what history has show to be the worst shots for them.

i'd add a third definition of someone who doesn't seem to even consider that there might be better looks than the one they create for themselves.

the guys that immediately come to my mind for those 3 definitions, although i am sure there are plenty more:

The first definition - Jennings/Ellis
The second definition - Gay
The third definition - Anthony

kingsdelez24
01-12-2014, 06:05 PM
Rudy gay has been shooting over 50% since he came to sacramento

NetsPaint
01-12-2014, 06:12 PM
Whenever I think of chucker I think of Harrington on the Knicks.

Chronz
01-12-2014, 06:21 PM
Beasley, Derozen and Gay come to mind.

jericho
01-12-2014, 06:24 PM
I am a Lakers/Kobe fan. Before you immediately discredit my opinion, I just need to point out something obvious... Every fanbase has idiot fans who talk outta their *****. Kobe definitely has games in which he shoots the Lakers out of possibly winning. He has many other games (more often than not) where he is efficient and makes good choices. Kobe definitely can be considered a chucker. It's a matter of opinion. The majority of Lakers fans get it. Unfortunately the Lakers attract more idiot fans than smaller market teams do. Don't call out all Lakers/Kobe fans lol... Call out the individual idiots.

Just in case I don't call out laker fans. I call out Kobe fans. You at least are leaving the door open for discussion the other ones don't want to do that and bring up silly arguments to validate their point. Every fan base has their own fans that screw it for everybody else. Hell I'm a Knicks fan I know how it is with the Melo fans. So I kinda share your pain lol.

Deception
01-12-2014, 06:54 PM
the criticism you will get with your explanation is that the player has been the same all 4 years in the league, regardless of team or teammates. this year is pretty close to on par with the rest of them.

that's the definition of chucker really - someone with an established history of wasting possessions on low percentage shots AND/OR someone who continually takes what history has show to be the worst shots for them.

i'd add a third definition of someone who doesn't seem to even consider that there might be better looks than the one they create for themselves.

the guys that immediately come to my mind for those 3 definitions, although i am sure there are plenty more:

The first definition - Jennings/Ellis
The second definition - Gay
The third definition - Anthony

Which is what I explained, possessions aren't wasted on his shots, the offense flows well with him. Just because he can't shoot well, doesn't make him a chucker. Is Ricky Rubio a chucker in your eyes?

Jamiecballer
01-12-2014, 07:56 PM
Which is what I explained, possessions aren't wasted on his shots, the offense flows well with him. Just because he can't shoot well, doesn't make him a chucker. Is Ricky Rubio a chucker in your eyes?

no because he takes a minimal number of shots. i understand your point of view.

however, you aren't going to convince me that it's purely bad luck that the ball ends up in his hands when a shot needs to go up, like a basketball version of hot potato. if you can't shoot, and your shot attempts are a terrible investment for your team, you shouldn't be taking a large number of shots. and since it has been an issue with Jennings all 4 of his seasons in the NBA, it's reasonable to assume that the problem is not his teammates but his own self awareness.

Deception
01-12-2014, 08:01 PM
no because he takes a minimal number of shots. i understand you point of view.

however, you aren't going to convince me that it's purely bad luck that the ball ends up in his hands when a shot needs to go up, like a basketball version of hot potato. if you can't shoot, and your shot attempts are a terrible investment for you team, you shouldn't be taking a large number of shots. and since it has been an issue with Jennings all 4 of his seasons in the NBA, it's reasonable to assume that the problem is not his teammates but his own self awareness.

Jennings assists were also an issue through is 4 seasons, now, he has shed that assumption. There are games where he shoots 4 shots maybe, he may make only one, so he goes 1 for 4, and is a chucker? Josh Smith on the other hand, he's a chucker on this team.

Cal827
01-12-2014, 08:14 PM
Rudy gay has been shooting over 50% since he came to sacramento

Funny enough, Derozan has played a more complete game without Rudy Here. He's getting about 5 assists per game, while getting to the line 2-3 more times per game without him. Although the FG% is a little down.

Jamiecballer
01-12-2014, 08:18 PM
Jennings assists were also an issue through is 4 seasons, now, he has shed that assumption. There are games where he shoots 4 shots maybe, he may make only one, so he goes 1 for 4, and is a chucker? Josh Smith on the other hand, he's a chucker on this team.

Josh Smith is a chucker! you are right.

however.

you know that part where you said there are games where he shoots maybe 4 shots? he's had 9+ attempts every game this season but one! so obviously that one game where he was 1 for 3 is looming awfully large in your memory lol.

eugene
01-12-2014, 08:29 PM
Joe Johnson

RipCity32
01-12-2014, 10:14 PM
Josh Smith is a chucker! you are right.

however.

you know that part where you said there are games where he shoots maybe 4 shots? he's had 9+ attempts every game this season but one! so obviously that one game where he was 1 for 3 is looming awfully large in your memory lol.

He doesn't really have a choice . name me one other player in our starting lineup who should take a jump shot other then him. He gets everyone involved but he's really are only option in crunch time. Nobody else can create they're own shot and we start 2 centers and a PF.

blahblahyoutoo
01-12-2014, 11:50 PM
This^

does eFG% take into account FT%?

lol, please
01-13-2014, 12:21 AM
Colby Bryant
LeBron James
Monta Ellis
Dwayne Wade

:laugh2: :laugh2:

ManRam
01-13-2014, 12:44 AM
He doesn't really have a choice . name me one other player in our starting lineup who should take a jump shot other then him. He gets everyone involved but he's really are only option in crunch time. Nobody else can create they're own shot and we start 2 centers and a PF.

http://stats.nba.com/playerShotchart.html?PlayerID=2746

Most shots from any other player on that team is going to be better than the horrible jumpers he so consistently takes...about 50% of all his shots are mid range or deeper, and he makes under 30% of those shots :laugh2:

http://stats.nba.com/playerShotchart.html?PlayerID=2746&display-mode=performance&zone-mode=basic

Yes, they need him to score. No, that doesn't mean it's OK to hoist up bad shot after bad shot. Get better shots. Pass up the ones you aren't going to make. The guy has zero offensive basketball IQ

ManRam
01-13-2014, 12:46 AM
:laugh2: :laugh2:

Yeah...Kobe is the one you should be laughing at on that list :laugh:

85BearsDefense
01-13-2014, 12:52 AM
Gay
Smith
Colby
Melo

Kobe isn't a chucker good grief neither is Melo. Get a clue.

RipCity32
01-13-2014, 01:23 AM
http://stats.nba.com/playerShotchart.html?PlayerID=2746

Most shots from any other player on that team is going to be better than the horrible jumpers he so consistently takes...about 50% of all his shots are mid range or deeper, and he makes under 30% of those shots :laugh2:

http://stats.nba.com/playerShotchart.html?PlayerID=2746&display-mode=performance&zone-mode=basic

Yes, they need him to score. No, that doesn't mean it's OK to hoist up bad shot after bad shot. Get better shots. Pass up the ones you aren't going to make. The guy has zero offensive basketball IQ

I'm not trying to defend him of anything. I don't even like him but more because of his defense and not his offence. Problem is I watch every game of the Pistons and you don't. So unlike you I actually know when hes being a cancer to the offense and when hes not. We have enough floor spacing problems in the starting lineup already. Someone has to be able to shoot the ball.

Chrisclover
01-13-2014, 02:29 AM
JR. But now he is at the brink of suspension.

Jamiecballer
01-13-2014, 10:46 AM
@ Deception, ripcity32

No. No you don't know. And yes, yes you absolutely are defending him.

There is no excuse for a point guard shooting that frequently when he has such a horrific history of (not) making them.

If this wasn't an issue of jennings maturity, basketball IQ or whatever you'd like to call it, we'd see a wide variation over his 4 years based on team or teammates. Or at the very least, indications of anger from Jennings that his teammates keep putting him in position to fail.

Problem is he thinks of himself as a scorer.

Jamiecballer
01-13-2014, 10:49 AM
Kobe isn't a chucker good grief neither is Melo. Get a clue.

How do you define chucker then, out of curiosity?

RipCity32
01-13-2014, 11:04 AM
@ Deception, ripcity32

No. No you don't know. And yes, yes you absolutely are defending him.

There is no excuse for a point guard shooting that frequently when he has such a horrific history of (not) making them.

If this wasn't an issue of jennings maturity, basketball IQ or whatever you'd like to call it, we'd see a wide variation over his 4 years based on team or teammates. Or at the very least, indications of anger from Jennings that his teammates keep putting him in position to fail.

Problem is he thinks of himself as a scorer.

So tell me who the shooter is on the team? Is it Smith,Monroe,Drummond or our rookie KCP who's shot has been struggling so far. We don't have Afflalos or Parsons on this team. Like I said eventually you have to take what the defense gives you. We still lead the league in points in the paint I think but teams do make adjustments to that throughout the game. Once again he's taking his shots when he should. Hes inefficient but he's also a shooter who can get really hot and go off. He's averaging 8.5 assist per game and constantly looks for his teammates first.

I love how your saying I don't know how he plays and trying to say you do. Do you know that we are the worst 4th qtr team in the league? Do you know its because everyone on offense plays extremely scarred basketball late in the game? Do you know that Monroe and Drummond are both useless outside of 5 feet? Do you know how bad Smiths jumper is? You know none of the situations and problems this team deals with besides looking at a PGs shooting %. Also until just this past week of games Jennings has avg 40% fg while shooting 37% from 3 for the season. But he's been ice cold lately and his numbers have dropped a bit.

Jamiecballer
01-13-2014, 03:32 PM
So tell me who the shooter is on the team? Is it Smith,Monroe,Drummond or our rookie KCP who's shot has been struggling so far. We don't have Afflalos or Parsons on this team. Like I said eventually you have to take what the defense gives you. We still lead the league in points in the paint I think but teams do make adjustments to that throughout the game. Once again he's taking his shots when he should. Hes inefficient but he's also a shooter who can get really hot and go off. He's averaging 8.5 assist per game and constantly looks for his teammates first.

I love how your saying I don't know how he plays and trying to say you do. Do you know that we are the worst 4th qtr team in the league? Do you know its because everyone on offense plays extremely scarred basketball late in the game? Do you know that Monroe and Drummond are both useless outside of 5 feet? Do you know how bad Smiths jumper is? You know none of the situations and problems this team deals with besides looking at a PGs shooting %. Also until just this past week of games Jennings has avg 40% fg while shooting 37% from 3 for the season. But he's been ice cold lately and his numbers have dropped a bit.

there is no point in continuing this conversation as long as you are convinced it has something, anything to do with his teammates.

is he just the most unlucky guy in the world, to be plague by this issue first in Milwaukee and now in Detroit?

i think you are just having trouble seeing the forest for the trees here.

ManRam
01-13-2014, 04:03 PM
I'm not trying to defend him of anything. I don't even like him but more because of his defense and not his offence. Problem is I watch every game of the Pistons and you don't. So unlike you I actually know when hes being a cancer to the offense and when hes not. We have enough floor spacing problems in the starting lineup already. Someone has to be able to shoot the ball.

That last part is true, and is why I disliked the signing even more than I normally would. Smoove can't be running around the perimeter, and with this roster that's what he's being forced to do. He's not a plus-SF. Maybe a plus-PF, but definitely not at the 3 any more. And yes, you guys do lack shooting, and yes, someone has to stretch the defense to keep them somewhat honest. I'd just imagine that after a while no defense is really going to give a damn about him out there. At what point does his low efficiency counter the benefits of him stretching the court at all?

But, back to the chucking point, I do feel a lot of it is on him. Yes, I don't watch every Pistons game, sure. But there's still stuff that you don't need to do just that to really understand. Stuff like noticing that last year a larger percent of his shots were from midrange than this year. So, his love of his terrible mid range game isn't something new and isn't completely a result of the system. It isn't something he's simply been forced into doing. It's who the guy is. And that is, at least in some capacity, a chucker

Chronz
01-13-2014, 04:12 PM
I do agree with him to some extent, it must be hard to find driving lanes with 3 "bigmen" on the court at once. #Idiotic coaching. Hopefully we see them mix it up some more.

Sactown
01-13-2014, 06:33 PM
I do agree with him to some extent, it must be hard to find driving lanes with 3 "bigmen" on the court at once. #Idiotic coaching. Hopefully we see them mix it up some more.

More blame should be placed on the GM, signing Josh Smith makes no sense unless they have a plan to move Moose

Cracka2HI!
01-13-2014, 09:05 PM
Byron Mullens is wituout a doubt the biggest chucker in the league. Dude is over 7' and probably over 300 lbs.

Jamal Crawford isn't a chucker IMO. He shoots a lot but he has other facets to his game and is the best "bad" shot maker I've ever seen. He's a decent spot up shooter but I'd rather him pass up an open 3, get to a double team and bail himself with a 20 foot 2 point fade away along the baseline. He makes a ton of those!

ThaDubs
01-13-2014, 09:10 PM
Carmelo is not a chucker. You guys are stupid.

RipCity32
01-13-2014, 09:12 PM
More blame should be placed on the GM, signing Josh Smith makes no sense unless they have a plan to move Moose

He should have been fired a while ago to be honest.

Jamiecballer
01-13-2014, 09:23 PM

is too!

alexander_37
01-14-2014, 02:50 AM

:laugh: just :laugh: everywhere.

alexander_37
01-14-2014, 02:51 AM

My dad can beat up your dad. Oh sorry I thought we were only allowed to use rebuttals suited for kindergarten

Jamiecballer
01-14-2014, 11:27 AM

there is a line with efficiency where no matter how many shots you take you aren't chucking, you are simply doing what's best for the team. harden is above that line.

problem is most chuckers are well below it and don't know it or don't care.