PDA

View Full Version : When vs D-Will,CP3 lost 15 out of 20times

Chrisclover
12-13-2013, 02:50 AM
Just funny to see that.
Since they stepped on the court of NBA in 2005, they have encountered for 20 times in regular season , but CP3 lost 15 times
No doubt skill -wise, CP3 wins marginally, but in terms of team successes, he was steamrolled and the just finished game between the Nets and the Clippers is a case in point--CP3 got 20+2+2,whereas D-Will got 15+4+5 and the Nets won.
So CP3 is unlucky when against Deron ?

DreamShaker
12-13-2013, 03:06 AM
His size has bothered CP3 in the past. I do remember D-Will getting the better of him most times. But he only had two assists? That is the thing that sticks out to me. I only watched a little bit of the game.

KingPosey
12-13-2013, 03:47 AM
Sometimes the entire team gets beat. Outside of CP3, te rest of the starters went 7-24 and the team shot like 35%. Can't win like that. And I'm sure CP3 only had two assists because no one made any baskets.

Dwill was a stud in Utah but he had superior squads to most of those Hornets teams, and a Solidified system run by Sloan who I think is surperior to
Byron Scott, and Bower and monty Williams blows

Chrisclover
12-13-2013, 03:55 AM
CP3's undersize will be all the more bothering for him once his athleticism fades away.He said he would consider retirement after 30 something last summer, if i remember correctly
His size has bothered CP3 in the past. I do remember D-Will getting the better of him most times. But he only had two assists? That is the thing that sticks out to me. I only watched a little bit of the game.

Hawkeye15
12-13-2013, 04:36 AM
best modern example of how overrated head to heads are overrated.

Paul Jeffrey
12-13-2013, 04:42 AM
best modern example of how overrated head to heads are overrated.

head to head records are overrated.

Hawkeye15
12-13-2013, 05:13 AM
head to head records are overrated.

haha, my b on the punch

Rndy
12-13-2013, 06:08 AM
D Will is a lot bigger but he also had much better teams with that Utah team I'm a large amount of those wins are from Utah vs NO. I'd say going forward CP3 and the Clips can start closing that gap assuming they learn how to play defense in the future and stop worrying about the teams 10th and 11th scoring option.

sammyvine
12-13-2013, 07:06 AM
always an excuse for cp3

b@llhog24
12-13-2013, 09:52 AM
Fascinating.

RipCity32
12-13-2013, 11:56 AM
I remember thinking DWill was the best pg in the league for a minute there in his Utah days. Now CP3 has far surpassed him.

KniCks4LiFe
12-13-2013, 12:44 PM
This is an overreaction thread. But still CP3 why you let him do that to you. You from North Carolina homie, you gonna let someone from Chi-town take yo ankles like that?

http://i41.tinypic.com/1hyrs9.jpg

Chronz
12-13-2013, 01:21 PM
This is an overreaction thread. But still CP3 why you let him do that to you. You from North Carolina homie, you gonna let someone from Chi-town take yo ankles like that?

http://i41.tinypic.com/1hyrs9.jpg

CP3 dont needem, Deron however is completely reliant on his ankles. You take away his crossover and you take away much of his separation.

Funny how one of the main things people tried to drill home was that Deron's superior size will allow him to age well, yet here we are, the midget has been the superior performer for what seems like forever now and is taking longer to slow down than Deron despite dealing with knee injuries.

D-Leethal
12-13-2013, 01:28 PM
And Melo is 12-1 vs Durant. Who gives a ****?

KniCks4LiFe
12-13-2013, 01:29 PM
CP3 dont needem, Deron however is completely reliant on his ankles. You take away his crossover and you take away much of his separation.

Funny how one of the main things people tried to drill home was that Deron's superior size will allow him to age well, yet here we are, the midget has been the superior performer for what seems like forever now and is taking longer to slow down than Deron despite dealing with knee injuries.

And for that reason Deron isn't the smartest tool in the shed. That fool should have been trying to Mark Jackson these kats in the post.

waveycrockett
12-13-2013, 01:34 PM

Deron has never had Knee injuries. At least not serious ones. It's his wrist and ankles that have been his biggest problem. Everyone talks about loss of athleticism but he is still plenty athletic his shooting has taken the biggest hit since his Utah days alot of that has to do with his broken wrist.

waveycrockett
12-13-2013, 01:37 PM
And for that reason Deron isn't the smartest tool in the shed. That fool should have been trying to Mark Jackson these kats in the post.

Deron does go to the post but you gotta remember there are alot of bigger guys playing PG now a days then when he first came into the league. His size isn't as big an advantage as it was when he was younger and alot of teams use a SG to guard him.

KniCks4LiFe
12-13-2013, 01:50 PM
Deron does go to the post but you gotta remember there are alot of bigger guys playing PG now a days then when he first came into the league. His size isn't as big an advantage as it was when he was younger and alot of teams use a SG to guard him.

he still has body to overpower most SG and PG. He's lazy at most times. He gets 3 pt. happy and at most times doesn't go to the rim.

waveycrockett
12-13-2013, 01:57 PM
he still has body to overpower most SG and PG. He's lazy at most times. He gets 3 pt. happy and at most times doesn't go to the rim.

Yeah thats true. His jump shot sucks now. I think one positive thing about PJC last year when he took over was that he made Deron get in the post more. He should do it more. I haven't really seen it too much from him this year.

Greedy22
12-13-2013, 02:00 PM
Cool? Let me know when D Will is a top pg again.

zn23
12-13-2013, 02:10 PM
This is why I don't take 1 on 1 matchups seriously in team sports... Only casuals take that stuff seriously. If this was boxing or Tennis then it would mean something.

But CP3 is 0-5 vs. DRose and 5-15 vs. Deron Williams, yet he's a better point guard than both.

Chronz
12-13-2013, 02:14 PM

Yea I was gonna say, size prolongs your career so long as you utilize it, Deron built his game on that nasty crossover.

Chronz
12-13-2013, 02:16 PM
Deron has never had Knee injuries. At least not serious ones. It's his wrist and ankles that have been his biggest problem. Everyone talks about loss of athleticism but he is still plenty athletic his shooting has taken the biggest hit since his Utah days alot of that has to do with his broken wrist.

CP3 has had serious knee injuries. Thats who I was talking about. Your prolly right about his shooting stroke tho.