PDA

View Full Version : Whats Happend to Eric Gordons game and Athleticism?

lakeshow22
12-12-2013, 06:59 PM
Whats Happend to Eric Gordons game and Athleticism?

Have injuries robbed Eric Gordon of his Athleticism?
Physically Eric Gordon has never looked the same since coming to the pelicans and he has seemed to have lost a step in his athleticism and quickness, mainly due to him being injured the last 2 years. He now says heís at 100percent but I still havenít seen the explosiveness and rim rocking dunks that made him 1 of the best slashers and a superstar in the making when he was on the clippers. Heís still capable of going for 30 on any given night and still remains an above average defender regardless of he has taken a step back. People seem to forget that Gordon is 1 of the most explosive players in the league and 1 of the most exciting to watch when at his best. People forget that Gordon is just as good as an athlete as Rose or Westbrook.

Monty Williams has no idea how to use Gordon, itís like he has no idea what kind of player he is. Jrue Holiday dominates and monopolizes the ball so much while Gordon just wait at the 3 point line for a kick out. Its even worst in crunch time when Gordon just watches Holiday and Davis play a 2 man game. This is Gordonís 6th year in the league and I have Never seen him this passive and non involved in the offense. A lot of the blame is on Monty as well as Gordon himself. He doesnít even look to attack the basket like he once did. There r some games that Gordon will get off to a good start in the 1st quarter and he gets back in the 2nd and takes 1 shot. There are stretches in the game where he wonít even touch the ball for a few minutes, which seems to effect his defensive effort at times. It seems like Gordon played with more fire when he was on the clippers.
I donít think Iíve ever seen Gordon so passive and just non-aggressive. There is NO way he should be averaging a career low in PPG and Minutes, that just silly.

Gordon should be the best shooting guard in the league by now if it werenít for injuries and him playing on losing teams. there is NO reason y he shouldnít be on the same level as guys like Rose and Westbrook and heís a better shooter and defender than them both.

I have no Idea How Gordon hasn't regained his athleticism he once had when guys like Westbrook, Rose and Shumpert have come back from injuries 10x worse and look fine. Gordon had a MINOR knee surgery and missed 6 weeks while guys like rose and west brook have missed 6+months and look fine. When Gordon missed the start of last season he was just resting and rehabbing his knee and did not have surgery. He's had ONE surgery on his Knee and missed 6 weeks.

Everyone talks about guys like Rose, Westbrook, Curry, Lillard, Irving, Wall, Paul George, Love, Griffin, Harden and guys like that and rightfully so, but there is NO way Gordon wouldn't be on that level if it wasn't for his knee.

Last Night Gordon took 9 shots in 36 minutes and guys like Aminu, Holiday, Jason Smith, and Anderson all got more shots than he did. Can someone explain that? Its like Gordon is Turning into the next Brandon Roy with a WAY LESS Severe injury and no one has noticed.

Wade n Fade
12-12-2013, 07:05 PM
You just said the answer. Injuries. Injuries can rob someone of their talent. Look at Oden. He's only like 25 and he will never be a 20 and 10 guy yet he could've been one if he lived up to his potential.

Ebbs
12-12-2013, 07:11 PM
lol uh injuries

lakeshow22
12-12-2013, 07:13 PM
You don't understand. Gordon injuries were NOT serious and were minor. Oden has had more than 5 knee surgeries and his were serious. Gordon has had ONE knee surgery and he missed 6 weeks. There is NO reason why he shouldn't be 100% recovered, but for what ever reason he hasn't.

koreancabbage
12-12-2013, 07:40 PM
I would lose all of my demeanor and heart if I went to the Pelicans.

EL_MACHETE
12-12-2013, 08:27 PM
Injuries.

Eric Gordon had a lot of potential to become a great player, But injuries have messed up his career :(

D-Leethal
12-12-2013, 10:30 PM
He seems to have Deron Williams heartless syndrome.

LakersA's49ers
12-12-2013, 10:49 PM
David Stern robbed the "Pelicans" of a decent return for CP3 in that nixed trade. Psycho douche. Al Farouq-Aminu? Chris Kaman? Eric Gordon? C'mon man. They could of got Lamar after his 6th man season, Kevin Martin, and Scola/Dragic, who are all good role players in their own right. Plus the picks

shen
12-12-2013, 10:56 PM
Monty learned that from Nate. Nate had several guys who could handle the ball but they all got labeled catch and shoot guys because Nate refused to let them do anything but stand in a corner and wait for the ball. If they tried to create shots or get the offense moving he would bench them. A few games that it directly resulted in a loss.

Bishnoff
12-12-2013, 11:01 PM
He seems to have Deron Williams heartless syndrome.

Ha ha, this. :hide:

flea
12-12-2013, 11:04 PM
David Stern robbed the "Pelicans" of a decent return for CP3 in that nixed trade. Psycho douche. Al Farouq-Aminu? Chris Kaman? Eric Gordon? C'mon man. They could of got Lamar after his 6th man season, Kevin Martin, and Scola/Dragic, who are all good role players in their own right. Plus the picks

Clever troll.

2_Trill
12-12-2013, 11:07 PM
I think he still has the skill set he displayed early in his career, but I think he's unhappy with the team log jam at the guard position. A simple fresh start is all that's needs for gordon to get back to performing at a high level.

RLundi
12-12-2013, 11:45 PM
The apologists will say injuries, but the truth is Eric Gordon has always been overrated. He's also been underrated, but in trying to properly rate him, many posters on this sure have completely overrated him.

I used to chuckle when I would see people slotting him as the third best shooting guard in the league a few seasons ago, in the sane breath as Kobe and Wade.

meloman1592
12-12-2013, 11:54 PM
Idk what the answer is....but he is not in the same athletic category as Westbrook and Rose

NoahH
12-13-2013, 01:24 AM
Whats Happend to Eric Gordons game and Athleticism?

Have injuries robbed Eric Gordon of his Athleticism?
Physically Eric Gordon has never looked the same since coming to the pelicans and he has seemed to have lost a step in his athleticism and quickness, mainly due to him being injured the last 2 years. He now says he’s at 100percent but I still haven’t seen the explosiveness and rim rocking dunks that made him 1 of the best slashers and a superstar in the making when he was on the clippers. He’s still capable of going for 30 on any given night and still remains an above average defender regardless of he has taken a step back. People seem to forget that Gordon is 1 of the most explosive players in the league and 1 of the most exciting to watch when at his best. People forget that Gordon is just as good as an athlete as Rose or Westbrook.

Monty Williams has no idea how to use Gordon, it’s like he has no idea what kind of player he is. Jrue Holiday dominates and monopolizes the ball so much while Gordon just wait at the 3 point line for a kick out. Its even worst in crunch time when Gordon just watches Holiday and Davis play a 2 man game. This is Gordon’s 6th year in the league and I have Never seen him this passive and non involved in the offense. A lot of the blame is on Monty as well as Gordon himself. He doesn’t even look to attack the basket like he once did. There r some games that Gordon will get off to a good start in the 1st quarter and he gets back in the 2nd and takes 1 shot. There are stretches in the game where he won’t even touch the ball for a few minutes, which seems to effect his defensive effort at times. It seems like Gordon played with more fire when he was on the clippers.
I don’t think I’ve ever seen Gordon so passive and just non-aggressive. There is NO way he should be averaging a career low in PPG and Minutes, that just silly.

Gordon should be the best shooting guard in the league by now if it werenít for injuries and him playing on losing teams. there is NO reason y he shouldn’t be on the same level as guys like Rose and Westbrook and he’s a better shooter and defender than them both.

I have no Idea How Gordon hasn't regained his athleticism he once had when guys like Westbrook, Rose and Shumpert have come back from injuries 10x worse and look fine. Gordon had a MINOR knee surgery and missed 6 weeks while guys like rose and west brook have missed 6+months and look fine. When Gordon missed the start of last season he was just resting and rehabbing his knee and did not have surgery. He's had ONE surgery on his Knee and missed 6 weeks.

Everyone talks about guys like Rose, Westbrook, Curry, Lillard, Irving, Wall, Paul George, Love, Griffin, Harden and guys like that and rightfully so, but there is NO way Gordon wouldn't be on that level if it wasn't for his knee.

Last Night Gordon took 9 shots in 36 minutes and guys like Aminu, Holiday, Jason Smith, and Anderson all got more shots than he did. Can someone explain that? Its like Gordon is Turning into the next Brandon Roy with a WAY LESS Severe injury and no one has noticed.
Not so sure about that

IndyRealist
12-13-2013, 09:17 AM
The apologists will say injuries, but the truth is Eric Gordon has always been overrated. He's also been underrated, but in trying to properly rate him, many posters on this sure have completely overrated him.

I used to chuckle when I would see people slotting him as the third best shooting guard in the league a few seasons ago, in the sane breath as Kobe and Wade.
He's always been overrated. People who randomly put up massive point totals in a game will always be overrated, no matter how they produce 99% of the time (see Jennings, Brandon). The fact is that New Orleans is not developing their offense around him, so he's no longer getting the volume of touches to inflate his point total and thus cannot disguise the fact that he's not very good.

Like almost every high draft pick, he has all the tools to be great, but has no idea how to get there. It doesn't help that everyone already treated him like a franchise player, so there was no impetus to improve.