PDA

View Full Version : Rudy Gay changes his jersey number to 8

Chrisclover
12-12-2013, 05:49 AM
Sacramento is now his 3rd station of his NBA career. Gay is an explosive SF but he is always criticized as a chucker with low FG %.
His previous jersey number was 22, which happened to the same as his new teammate, I. Thomas.With his Sacramento debut coming soon, Rudy Gay changes his jersey number from 22 to 8 and the his jersey is already made.
He said that he was born in August, drafted by an 8th pick and this season is his 8th NBA year .8 is a special number for him. May his new number be his lucky number and grant him faith to brave a new city and its fanbase.

Any predictions about his new life? Would he grow as an indisputable allstar by the next season ?

murphturph
12-12-2013, 07:22 AM
I think Rudy will return to his career numbers very soon. It's justa matter of time. His confidence was shot coming into this season with all the articles and **** about his low efficiency. He has come to the point where he is almost underrated now, and I think he really has something to prove in Sacramento.

richardle9
12-12-2013, 08:08 AM
trying to be like kobe i see, will his next # be 24?

ichitownclowni
12-12-2013, 08:26 AM

Kobe has absolutely nothing to do with this can we keep him out of this?

NYKnickFanatic
12-12-2013, 09:23 AM
Kobe has absolutely nothing to do with this can we keep him out of this?

Kobe has everything to do with this...

2-ONE-5
12-12-2013, 10:15 AM
who cares what number he wears its not like he has a popular selling jersey

DreamShaker
12-12-2013, 10:17 AM
I worry about the fit. It seems like the Kings are just throwing high volume scorer types together with no real plan on how they want to play. How does Gay fit? I could be wrong, but that team just looks super random on paper.

NYKnickFanatic
12-12-2013, 10:18 AM

I know lol.

deaner
12-12-2013, 10:38 AM
He chose the number eight because it looks like the symbol for infinity, which is how many balls he wants to shoot. Good luck kings.

Sly Guy
12-12-2013, 10:48 AM
I think rudy will bust out a little bit in sac-town. He knows he needs to.

1-800-STFU
12-12-2013, 10:50 AM
He should've kept 22 so he could have a jersey number to represent his shooting percentage

Chrisclover
12-12-2013, 10:54 AM
lulz

He should've kept 22 so he could have a jersey number to represent his shooting percentage

True Sports Fan
12-12-2013, 11:35 AM

Kobe has absolutely nothing to do with this can we keep him out of this? You know Faker fans. Gotta involve Kobe even when the discussion is totally unrelated.

shep33
12-12-2013, 11:45 AM
8... that's his PER goal

JK. Rudy has the talent but he needs to be like a 3rd option

RipCity32
12-12-2013, 12:05 PM
Maybe he will tone it down a little bit out in Sac. Toronto was already his team and he acted like he could just do whatever he wanted on the court. In Sacramento that won't be the case with Cousins around. I don't think it was a bad move for Sacramento. If it works good and if not they have a 19mil expiring next year.

bleedprple&gold
12-12-2013, 12:16 PM
Maybe he will tone it down a little bit out in Sac. Toronto was already his team and he acted like he could just do whatever he wanted on the court. In Sacramento that won't be the case with Cousins around. I don't think it was a bad move for Sacramento. If it works good and if not they have a 19mil expiring next year.

He had a player option next year which he will almost certainly exercise.

The_Jamal
12-12-2013, 12:40 PM
I worry about the fit. It seems like the Kings are just throwing high volume scorer types together with no real plan on how they want to play. How does Gay fit? I could be wrong, but that team just looks super random on paper.

Not about putting a winning team on the floor right now. We're just collecting talent.

Gay was a no lose situation. If he rebounds to Memphis form, we picked up a #2 option for absolutely nothing. He doesn't ruin our cap situation, as we didn't have space this offseason with or without him. And if he doesn't work out, he becomes a $19mil expiring contract. Which should have tremendous value to somebody.

scissors
12-12-2013, 12:55 PM
Rudy Gay is a good defender.

His offense is negative value to the team. Isaiah should just freeze him out on offense.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-12-2013, 01:23 PM
Cool.

bucketss
12-12-2013, 02:24 PM
rudy also asked the raptors to give him a refund on the tickets he has bought lol.

NoahH
12-12-2013, 02:35 PM

Especially since his jersey says

GAY

on the back. No homophobes would wear it. Not saying I wouldnt, but theres the possibility

FarOutIos
12-12-2013, 02:55 PM
Especially since his jersey says

GAY

on the back. No homophobes would wear it. Not saying I wouldnt, but theres the possibility

I'm a kings fan, and love having gay on our team. I'm also a fan of the number 8... But the same thought went through my mind.

Now.. I'm by far not a homophobe. I'm old, married, and quite long ago quit caring what others thought... But having a jersey with "gay" seems a little odd for me... False advertising? Anyway... Might feel different once he plays for us for a while and it has more meaning as a name...

Chrisclover
12-12-2013, 11:38 PM
i would say Gay as a surname is not a good idea because its meaning has shift from joy to homosexual ,which happened a few decades ago when the homosexual group demonstrated and used Gay to express their longing for being understood and accepted .
Not saying i am a homophobe ,but living a world full of prejudice and discrimination ,it is not easy to not think about its external meaning .
If my surname were Gay ,i might consider changing it :oldguy: might change it to Joy ,which is what it is supposed to be the wanted meaning in the first place

I'm a kings fan, and love having gay on our team. I'm also a fan of the number 8... But the same thought went through my mind.

Now.. I'm by far not a homophobe. I'm old, married, and quite long ago quit caring what others thought... But having a jersey with "gay" seems a little odd for me... False advertising? Anyway... Might feel different once he plays for us for a while and it has more meaning as a name...

WARRIORS@GR
12-12-2013, 11:44 PM
indisputable allstar?maybe in the NBDL or Chinese league?

Rndy
12-13-2013, 03:45 AM
He chose the number eight because it looks like the symbol for infinity, which is how many balls he wants to shoot. Good luck kings.

:laugh:

diu9leilomo
12-13-2013, 03:54 AM
He'll be better, but not enough to be a difference maker

rangersfan
12-13-2013, 04:18 AM
I was hoping MIN traded for Gay...http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g129/atrewsfan/gay-love.jpg

TheBigChief
12-13-2013, 06:11 AM
I think Rudy will return to his career numbers very soon. It's justa matter of time. His confidence was shot coming into this season with all the articles and **** about his low efficiency. He has come to the point where he is almost underrated now, and I think he really has something to prove in Sacramento.

THIS. You hit the nail on the head....His fg% isnt great, but it's getting to the point where he's now being underrated. Memphis was a bad fit, and toronto sucks ***, i think we will be seeing the REAL rudy gay in sac town with help from boogie cuzz

ThaDubs
12-13-2013, 06:58 AM

Yes.

flea
12-13-2013, 07:44 AM
i would say Gay as a surname is not a good idea because its meaning has shift from joy to homosexual ,which happened a few decades ago when the homosexual group demonstrated and used Gay to express their longing for being understood and accepted .
Not saying i am a homophobe ,but living a world full of prejudice and discrimination ,it is not easy to not think about its external meaning .
If my surname were Gay ,i might consider changing it :oldguy: might change it to Joy ,which is what it is supposed to be the wanted meaning in the first place

This post hurt my head.

Chrisclover
12-13-2013, 09:46 AM
so your surname is Gay or Joy ?

This post hurt my head.

jstone0716
12-13-2013, 05:22 PM
he chose the number eight because it looks like the symbol for infinity, which is how many balls he wants to shoot. Good luck kings.

lmfao

jstone0716
12-13-2013, 05:34 PM
I agree with what someone said at the beginning of this thread though. The guy is almost underrated now. He really does have an awesome game outside of the ill advised jumpers.. similar to Paul George and Kahwi Leonard.. he just needs to learn that there's more to offense than just making sweet looking fadeaway jumpers. I would love to see him take a lesser offensive role on a contender, be content with taking 8-10 shots per game... he would be great.

ghettosean
12-14-2013, 10:30 AM

LOL... This post is classic!!!

waveycrockett
12-14-2013, 10:39 AM
I think Rudy Gay needs to come off the bench in that 6th man role like JR Smith/Jamal Crawford both of those guys had similar reputations and Gay is much more talented. He could revitalize his career doing that but problem is nobody is going to pay a guy $18MM to come off the bench.

sunsfan88
12-14-2013, 09:12 PM
#8. #primeKOBE.

TheBigChief
12-16-2013, 01:21 AM

youre wack bro

hugepatsfan
12-16-2013, 01:24 AM

lmao

WES KOAST
12-16-2013, 01:30 AM
He'll be better, but not enough to be a difference maker

dude, gay will make a difference. he's putting up some nice numbers

Deception
12-16-2013, 01:44 AM

Did the same thing in Toronto when he was traded then settled into his Gay-ness

MrfadeawayJB
12-16-2013, 11:18 AM

Did the same thing in Toronto when he was traded then settled into his Gay-ness

:nod:

:laugh:

younger
12-19-2013, 05:46 AM
i think Rudy Gay can't catch up with Kobe so far. Even he change to 23. --benz7

True Sports Fan
12-19-2013, 01:16 PM

Did the same thing in Toronto when he was traded then settled into his Gay-ness How ****ing clever....

I like how everyone in here making the most basic jokes and thinking their funny....

To everyone on his jock.... Why aren't you in the NBA then? Exactly.

THE MTL
12-19-2013, 11:02 PM
Whos he trying to be? Kobe lol

Deception
12-19-2013, 11:07 PM
How ****ing clever....

I like how everyone in here making the most basic jokes and thinking their funny....

To everyone on his jock.... Why aren't you in the NBA then? Exactly.

Aww, did my opinion offend you?