PDA

View Full Version : Why do the Warriors not get any criticism or hate?

sunsfan88
12-12-2013, 01:24 AM
Let me start off by saying that I don't hate the Warriors. IMO their definitely one of the most fun teams to watch in the NBA and I was rootin for them to win it all last year and I probably will do the same thing again this year. Plus their fans are pretty cool and funny.

But I have seen the Lakers, Mavericks, Magic and Celtics (when they were contenders), Clippers, Rockets, Heat, Bulls, Kincks, Grizzlies and Thunder all get plenty of criticism and hate from the NBA fans when they didn't play up to expectations or struggled....why has Golden State lucked out from all that?

The Warriors, everyone's new favorite team, were supposed to be big boys in the West this year with their youngsters adding more experience and the additional of a high priced free agent Andre Igoudala. This team was expected to be a top 3-4 team in the West.

They have dealt with injuries sure but pretty much all the contenders have dealt with injuries this season one way or the other. Not good enough excuse.

And yet here they are at a pedestrian 12-10. If playoffs started today, they would barely make it in as the #8 seed or not make it at all.

Obviously there's ton of games still left but other teams got flamed when they struggled, why have the Warriors not get any when their failing to meet expectations?

Is it because nobody suddenly gives a s** about the Warriors? Or are they exempted from any criticism since their "fun and young"?

And please, how long are we gonna use the "Warriors are still young, just keep waiting"? Their best player, Steph Curry isn't 22 years old, he's gonna turn 26 in 3 months. He isn't new to the NBA, he's been in it for 4 years now. Bogut and Lee have both been in the NBA for quite some time also. Their "youth" excuse is really overrated.

So please...lets talk about what's wrong with the Warriors!

*Sorry Warriors fans. I like you (except for grumpy) but I think its time that your team gets talked about on the NBA forums everywhere! Your a contender now and ya gotta get the hate that all contenders get ;)

ThaDubs
12-12-2013, 01:32 AM
Because, we are mostly playing like **** because we're missing Iguodala. I mean yeah, we are playing bad, but if we had Iggy we'd definitely not be playing like THIS. Also Curry seems to be the only guy doing anything right sometimes. So when HE plays bad it's just mayhem of shittery.

alexander_37
12-12-2013, 01:43 AM
Do you really think he makes a 5-6 game difference so far?

Guppyfighter
12-12-2013, 01:44 AM
Because we have a +3.6 differential without Iggy.

BallIsAll
12-12-2013, 01:47 AM
Who honestly thought that the warriors were going to be a power house? Yeah i thought they would be better than they are now but they are a jump shooting team with a lot of hype. The scouting report is out, defend lee in the paint and let curry and thompson go for 50+ combined. Also go at the guards on offense one on one whenever you can.

bholly
12-12-2013, 01:48 AM
Young, exciting, fun is a big part of it. On top of that, they're sort of a fairytale team still (relative to pre-2013-playoffs expectations), and they have key injuries that kind of dampen any criticism about their current play. You're right about all of that.
A few huge factors you didn't really mention: they were a seriously messed up team with a tortured fan-base a really short time ago, so people were hoping they'd improve; they have some really fun teams historically that people have always had nostalgia for; and they just don't have any historical hatred from a fierce rival or a hated team.

Put it all together, and there's just a lot to love and not much to hate. Makes sense - not everyone has to be hated.

BallIsAll
12-12-2013, 01:48 AM

Iggy was balling out of control, but he will for sure go back to his regular numbers come the end of the season. He did the same for denver last season.

mightybosstone
12-12-2013, 01:53 AM
Honestly? Because this Warriors franchise has amounted to very little the last few decades and no one takes them seriously.

But personally, I think that's crap. They should be taken seriously, because when they play well, they can beat any team in the league. And the lack of criticism they've received early in the season is pretty unfair. Any time the Rockets have a bad game, there's a Harden or Dwight hate thread somewhere. I've seen similar threads in the past for Miami and other contending teams.

And people can use the Iggy injury all they want, but this is essentially the same team they had last year without Iggy minus Jarrett Jack. They should be playing better, and there's no excuses. OP has a point here, and I think it's something we should seriously consider when criticizing other contending teams.

Guppyfighter
12-12-2013, 01:55 AM
Honestly? Because this Warriors franchise team has amounted to very little the last few decades and no one takes them seriously.

But personally, I think that's crap. They should be taken seriously, because when they play well, they can beat any team in the league. And the lack of criticism they've received early in the season is pretty unfair. Any time the Rockets have a bad game, there's a Harden or Dwight hate thread somewhere. I've seen similar threads in the past for Miami and other contending teams.

And people can use the Iggy injury all they want, but this is essentially the same team they had last year without Iggy minus Jarrett Jack. They should be playing better, and there's no excuses. OP has a point here, and I think it's something we should seriously consider when criticizing other contending teams.

I am an adamant defender of the Rockets.

That being said, the Warriors were just at +1.6 differential without Iggy last year. He is a pretty significant difference.

sf-fanatic
12-12-2013, 01:56 AM
Honestly? Because this Warriors franchise has amounted to very little the last few decades and no one takes them seriously.

Forgetting about Landry. Without them we are going from 7 deep last year to 5 deep now minus Iggy.

bholly
12-12-2013, 01:58 AM

He's only missed 10 games, so probably not, but it's hard to overstate how huge he is for this team. Someone on twitter tonight posted that they have the 3rd best defensive efficiency with him, and the 3rd worst without. That's almost unbelievable.
Worth noting also that they have the worst home/away split in the league (8/14), a relatively tough set of opponents (11th in SOS), and have had a few tough close losses, include going 0-2 in OT - they could be almost be that much better just with an even schedule and better luck. There's a tonne of variance in this league, and a tonne of noise in the records at this point in the season.

mightybosstone
12-12-2013, 02:03 AM
I am an adamant defender of the Rockets.

That being said, the Warriors were just at +1.6 differential without Iggy last year. He is a pretty significant difference.

Forgetting about Landry. Without them we are going from 7 deep last year to 5 deep now minus Iggy.

I'm not saying these guys don't make an impact, but the Warriors aren't the only team dealing with injuries or roster turnover. Wade has missed a ton of games for Miami, OKC had to deal with Westbrook's recovery and the loss of Martin, the Clippers lost Reddick for a big chunk of games and the Rockets have dealt with injuries to pretty much every impact player on the team other than Dwight. Injuries aren't the exception. They're the norm.

That being said, things could still be a lot worse for Golden State. Their record seems mediocre, but then you consider how tough their conference is and how bad New York and Brooklyn have weathered their injuries, and the Warriors look golden by comparison. I still think they deserve some criticism, but until they either fall another couple of steps or New York and/or Brooklyn recover from their disastrous starts, Golden State certainly isn't the biggest underachiever in the NBA right now.

Guppyfighter
12-12-2013, 02:06 AM
Agreed. Injuries happen to everyone and I hate using them as an excuse. I like to think our +3 differential speaks for itself.

SugeKnight
12-12-2013, 02:15 AM
Biggest thing hurting the Warriors this year is turnovers. They can improve that. They definitely have the talent to be better, even with the injuries.

WARRIORS@GR
12-12-2013, 02:17 AM
Biggest thing hurting the Warriors this year is turnovers. They can improve that. They definitely have the talent to be better, even with the injuries.Iggy taking some ball handling workload off Curry should help improving that.

ThaDubs
12-12-2013, 02:19 AM
He's only missed 10 games, so probably not, but it's hard to overstate how huge he is for this team. Someone on twitter tonight posted that they have the 3rd best defensive efficiency with him, and the 3rd worst without. That's almost unbelievable.
Worth noting also that they have the worst home/away split in the league (8/14), a relatively tough set of opponents (11th in SOS), and have had a few tough close losses, include going 0-2 in OT - they could be almost be that much better just with an even schedule and better luck. There's a tonne of variance in this league, and a tonne of noise in the records at this point in the season.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ x 10

nastynice
12-12-2013, 02:20 AM
they were a good team last year, and theyre a good team this year. what is there to criticize? The one big addition from the offseason has missed half the games. If the rockets were missing their big off season addition for half their games, they wouldn't be criticized either for being 13-10.

mightybosstone
12-12-2013, 02:25 AM
they were a good team last year, and theyre a good team this year. what is there to criticize? The one big addition from the offseason has missed half the games. If the rockets were missing their big off season addition for half their games, they wouldn't be criticized either for being 13-10.

But you're comparing Dwight to Iggy, which I don't think is necessarily fair. The Rockets have missed Parsons, Lin, Harden, Beverley and Asik for different stretches this season and still are sitting at 15-7 and are tied with the 4th highest point differential in the league.

WARRIORS@GR
12-12-2013, 02:29 AM
But you're comparing Dwight to Iggy, which I don't think is necessarily fair. The Rockets have missed Parsons, Lin, Harden, Beverley and Asik for different stretches this season and still are sitting at 15-7 and are tied with the 4th highest point differential in the league.I'd say we've had the tougher schedule though.

ThaDubs
12-12-2013, 02:32 AM
How'd this become a Rockets thread

Monta is beast
12-12-2013, 02:34 AM
Im not gonna lie we deserve it. Lee, Bogut, Barnes, Speights, and Douglas have all had disapointing seasons. But whats wrong with our team is fixable. When we play defense and dont turn the ball over, we are an elite team. We have a true superstar in steph curry, a great core in thompson, Iguodala, barnes, and bogut. I personally believe lee will be traded this season. If we could get taj gibson or amir johnson i think it could take us to another level. Lee has so many defensive breakdowns he gets bogut in foul trouble on most nights. But if we play like were capable of were a championship team.

Monta is beast
12-12-2013, 02:36 AM
We've played the most road games in the nba so far, its not an excuse tho

BKLYNpigeon
12-12-2013, 02:36 AM
1. Iggy has been Injured
2. The Warriors have only played 2 games this season with their full roster.
3. The Warriors have played the Toughest Schedule so far.
4. The Warriors have Played the Most Road Games so far.

tredigs
12-12-2013, 02:42 AM
^The right Lee trade would make the team a true contender, that I would agree with. I have a hard time bashing him because I like the guy, but he's not the right fit.

Other than that, they badly need Iggy back to reach their potential. He is flat out dominant in our system and a massive loss when he's out.

houstonfan
12-12-2013, 02:42 AM
1. Iggy has been Injured

1. Excuse #1
2. Excuse #2
3. Excuse #3
4. Excuse #4

I strongly dislike the Warriors but my lord Stephen Curry is my favorite player to watch in the entire NBA.

*Superman*
12-12-2013, 03:03 AM
Because Steph Curry is a God among men.

DODGERS&LAKERS
12-12-2013, 03:10 AM
1. Iggy has been Injured
Number one and two are the same thing. And missing Iggy is not the end of the world. Denver hasn't had him all season and they're 13-8 with one less road game.

Warriors have had the 8th toughest schedule.
They have had the most road games but not by a big margin. 16 teams are within one or two games of having as many as the Warriors so its pretty even.

ThaDubs
12-12-2013, 03:13 AM
1. Excuse #1
2. Excuse #2
3. Excuse #3
4. Excuse #4

I strongly dislike the Warriors but my lord Stephen Curry is my favorite player to watch in the entire NBA.

They are all valid excuses.

JEDean89
12-12-2013, 03:31 AM
their bench kind of sucks, they need to really get it to be Ezeli, Green, Barnes, and Douglas and I understand they haven't had a chance to do that. Once they get healthy they will be good. Yah Lee probably isn't the best fit but he's plenty productive and has improved his D. Dubs will be fine, I never saw them as a true contender but they are probably a 2nd round team depending on who they play in the playoffs.

SugeKnight
12-12-2013, 03:33 AM
their bench kind of sucks, they need to really get it to be Ezeli, Green, Barnes, and Douglas and I understand they haven't had a chance to do that. Once they get healthy they will be good. Yah Lee probably isn't the best fit but he's plenty productive and has improved his D. Dubs will be fine, I never saw them as a true contender but they are probably a 2nd round team depending on who they play in the playoffs.

It's actually been worse

FOBolous
12-12-2013, 03:49 AM
Because, we are mostly playing like **** because we're missing Iguodala. I mean yeah, we are playing bad, but if we had Iggy we'd definitely not be playing like THIS. Also Curry seems to be the only guy doing anything right sometimes. So when HE plays bad it's just mayhem of shittery.

you act like no other team in the NBA had to deal with injuries to key players. injuries are part of the game. unless you're missing your #1 player, you have no excuse.

LoveMeOrHateMe
12-12-2013, 03:51 AM
Warriors are irrelevant that's why nobody criticizes them. People are used to them being failures

DODGERS&LAKERS
12-12-2013, 03:54 AM
Warriors are irrelevant that's why nobody criticizes them. People are used to them being failures

Well that seemed rather uncalled for.

John Walls Era
12-12-2013, 03:57 AM
Because they were built the right way. Mr. Hand Down Man Down could be annoying, but hes done a good job.

John Walls Era
12-12-2013, 03:58 AM

Harsh, but true. All it takes is one championship in the modern era. I don't remember the last time they won, probably wasn't born yet.

ThaDubs
12-12-2013, 04:03 AM
you act like no other team in the NBA had to deal with injuries to key players. injuries are part of the game. unless you're missing your #1 player, you have no excuse.

If Dwight Howard was missing and people were making fun of the Rockets subsequently subpar record you'd say the EXACT same thing. Iggy was huge for us. Someone said before he got injured we were the 3rd best defensive team and after he got injured we were the 3rd worst.

ThaDubs
12-12-2013, 04:04 AM

Almost being able to upset the Spurs is irrelevant? I thought irrelevant was more like the Lakers: get rigged into the playoffs and swept in the first round.

TrueFan420
12-12-2013, 04:15 AM
Its psd dude only LA, New York and Miami are allowed to be discussed on the main forum.

Seriously tho... Iggy injury and loss of jack hurt bad. Without Barnes off the bench right now were thin. Even with iggy added our key was the development of Klay and Barnes and as well as health. Trust me our forum is very critical of them right now.

BrandoCommando
12-12-2013, 04:28 AM

Warriors WERE irrelevant. That isn't the case anymore and thinking otherwise is just ignorance imo.

Asik's better
12-12-2013, 05:13 AM
The warriors don't have a controversial element to them, that's why. Look at every team that has hate and are constantly attacked all have elements that a controversial. Whether it be a player or coach or fan base, people are going to attack that team before a team like the warriors

Paul Jeffrey
12-12-2013, 05:29 AM
The Warriors don't get a lot of crap because they don't deserve any.

They have a very well balanced team that's young and well coached. They have the right role players, a ton of young kids that really know how to play ball, and a coach that knows what he's doing.

They, along with the Spurs are the only two teams that deserve to have zero crap thrown their way.

For the record, I don't think there's a right or wrong way of building teams.

Htownballa1622
12-12-2013, 10:03 AM
I just remember hearing how good their bench was and how it wouldn't hurt losing Landry or Jack.... How's Speights, Douglas, Ezeli, & Green been again?

Ha.

Guppyfighter
12-12-2013, 10:36 AM
Why do you guys let Laker fans ruffle your feathers?

Lloyd Christmas
12-12-2013, 11:16 AM
It's actually been worse

I never thought you would top your Udoh on a boat sig but that sig is perfect.

BrandoCommando
12-12-2013, 12:12 PM
I just remember hearing how good their bench was and how it wouldn't hurt losing Landry or Jack.... How's Speights, Douglas, Ezeli, & Green been again?

Ha.

Speights has been crap. Douglas has missed quite some time with an injury and Ezeli hasn't suited up yet. But, when Iggy comes back the bench looks a lot stronger with Barnes, Green, and O'neal. All of which have been playing great off the bench.

IKnowHoops
12-12-2013, 12:19 PM
Let me start off by saying that I don't hate the Warriors. IMO their definitely one of the most fun teams to watch in the NBA and I was rootin for them to win it all last year and I probably will do the same thing again this year. Plus their fans are pretty cool and funny.

But I have seen the Lakers, Mavericks, Magic and Celtics (when they were contenders), Clippers, Rockets, Heat, Bulls, Kincks, Grizzlies and Thunder all get plenty of criticism and hate from the NBA fans when they didn't play up to expectations or struggled....why has Golden State lucked out from all that?

The Warriors, everyone's new favorite team, were supposed to be big boys in the West this year with their youngsters adding more experience and the additional of a high priced free agent Andre Igoudala. This team was expected to be a top 3-4 team in the West.

They have dealt with injuries sure but pretty much all the contenders have dealt with injuries this season one way or the other. Not good enough excuse.

And yet here they are at a pedestrian 12-10. If playoffs started today, they would barely make it in as the #8 seed or not make it at all.

Obviously there's ton of games still left but other teams got flamed when they struggled, why have the Warriors not get any when their failing to meet expectations?

Is it because nobody suddenly gives a s** about the Warriors? Or are they exempted from any criticism since their "fun and young"?

And please, how long are we gonna use the "Warriors are still young, just keep waiting"? Their best player, Steph Curry isn't 22 years old, he's gonna turn 26 in 3 months. He isn't new to the NBA, he's been in it for 4 years now. Bogut and Lee have both been in the NBA for quite some time also. Their "youth" excuse is really overrated.

So please...lets talk about what's wrong with the Warriors!

*Sorry Warriors fans. I like you (except for grumpy) but I think its time that your team gets talked about on the NBA forums everywhere! Your a contender now and ya gotta get the hate that all contenders get ;)

There relevance is such that they are neither hated nor loved. There not quite a contender so the fans of contending teams aren't concentrating aka hating on them. They are young and fun so people generally just like the non threatening fun team. I don't think anyone expects them to contend for a ring. They are a second round team trying to get there again and advance. Now by the end of the year, if they can get to the finals, they will start to catch some hate because they will be a relevant to Chip conversation. The reason lesser teams like the Knicks and Nets catch hate is in part because of there fans. I haven't really heard any crazy assertions from Goldenstate fans about how good the team or the individual players are so that also contributes to the lack of hate they get.

Htownballa1622
12-12-2013, 12:20 PM
Speights has been crap. Douglas has missed quite some time with an injury and Ezeli hasn't suited up yet. But, when Iggy comes back the bench looks a lot stronger with Barnes, Green, and O'neal. All of which have been playing great off the bench.

Oh, I hear ya. I thought they had a solid bench and anytime injury comes into play it weakens the bench.

I just find it funny that ppl were so adamant about jack and Landry being easily replaced.

IKnowHoops
12-12-2013, 12:22 PM
Because they were built the right way. Mr. Hand Down Man Down could be annoying, but hes done a good job.

The right way is the way that gets you a ship brah.

Matter.
12-12-2013, 12:26 PM
They don't have hateable superstars

IKnowHoops
12-12-2013, 12:30 PM
Im not gonna lie we deserve it. Lee, Bogut, Barnes, Speights, and Douglas have all had disapointing seasons. But whats wrong with our team is fixable. When we play defense and dont turn the ball over, we are an elite team. We have a true superstar in steph curry, a great core in thompson, Iguodala, barnes, and bogut. I personally believe lee will be traded this season. If we could get taj gibson or amir johnson i think it could take us to another level. Lee has so many defensive breakdowns he gets bogut in foul trouble on most nights. But if we play like were capable of were a championship team.

Y'all should go after Lebron. With all the young talent, I think you guys could be a group he would think about. If you got the money that is.

SugeKnight
12-12-2013, 12:46 PM
I never thought you would top your Udoh on a boat sig but that sig is perfect.
Thanks! Warriors should bring back Udoh so I can bring back that sig

GSRaider
12-12-2013, 01:10 PM
They haven't been playing well... Their best basketball is in front of them.

They are 2 games back of the Clippers for 1st place in the Pacific and the 4th seed in the West... With a lot of basketball season left...

Have played more road games than any team in the league... 7-2 at home

Have been playing without arguably their 2nd most important player in Iguodala (who is an all-star), who plays an absolute crucial role... Also, have been playing without their back up center from last season in Ezeli...

bla bla... Too early for this

anyway... It's way too early to say who's going to come out the West...

todu82
12-12-2013, 01:17 PM
Injuries are hurting them so far but it's still only early yet, plenty of time for them to turn it around.

IgglesFanInCO
12-12-2013, 01:35 PM
Injuries are hurting them so far but it's still only early yet, plenty of time for them to turn it around.

Nuggets are without 3 starters and their best 2 players and they still have gotten more **** for their slow start when they are doing better than the dubs, thats a terrible excuse. ESPECIALLY on a team like the warriors whose entire ****ing question is whether or not they can stay healthy.

I personally think its because although most of their fans are some of the coolest fans in sports, on this forum their are a few Warriors fans who are such annoying trolls that no one wants to deal with them

nastynice
12-12-2013, 01:40 PM
But you're comparing Dwight to Iggy, which I don't think is necessarily fair. The Rockets have missed Parsons, Lin, Harden, Beverley and Asik for different stretches this season and still are sitting at 15-7 and are tied with the 4th highest point differential in the league.

Point being, take out the big off season acquisition and we are the same team as last year, if not worse actually due to less depth. Same with how if the rockets were missing howard to injury, then we would just expect them to be basically the same team they were last year. We're basically on par with last year, maybe a little less but nothing significant. So what is there to criticize?

torocan
12-12-2013, 02:21 PM
Personally, there's a few reasons I'm not too harsh on the Warriors.

1) They're a young team, and young teams don't all gel/develop at the same pace. Some rise in a season, some take a couple to find their footing.
2) They have no controversial Stars. No Dwight, Kobe, Lebron, Melo, etc. Given his injuries, it's hard not to wish Curry well so that he has a chance to rise to his potential. Iggy is an all star, but he's never really been controversial or hyped as a superstar despite the gold medal. The rest of the players are young and growing.
3) The GSW fans are hard enough on their own team. After every loss, they're about as schizophrenic as any other fan base.
4) GSW has been a really, really long suffering franchise. It's hard to wish them too much pain when they've suffered for so long already. I won't even get into the long list of players that got away.
5) The GSW fans haven't been beating their chest about being a contender for years, upon years, upon years.
6) Despite being a larger market, we don't get the media shoving them down our throat year in and out with crazy expectations. We don't get months of radio and TV talking about whether they can challenge for the Title, or raising the expectations on the team.
7) Most folks I know don't consider GSW to be a Favorite to get out of the conference. With juggernauts like OKC and the Spurs in the conference, most teams are viewed as serious under dogs.
8) They built their team primarily through the draft and some smart trades. They paid their dues. They didn't spend a gazillion dollars in an attempt to buy a Championship.

So, in the end I don't really worry about GSW that much. Are they under performing? Sure. Is it shocking? Not really... maybe unfortunate, but not like it's "OMG, How can they be doing so badly!". Will they get better? Most likely.

If GSW does well, I'm okay with that. Now, if they get to the WCF/Finals, expect next year's fans to be a little more critical...

tredigs
12-12-2013, 02:21 PM
To give the OP some credit, he made this thread earlier in the 2nd half of the game last night when he still expected the W's to lose. How they won is pretty much why they are liked and don't get very much heat from random fans. Very entertaining team that casual fans love to watch.

alexander_37
12-12-2013, 03:51 PM
1. Iggy has been Injured

Houston has basically played almost every game this season missing a starter and have a better record. So there's that.

Monta is beast
12-12-2013, 04:44 PM
Haha warriors are irrelevant? Were the most exciting team, with one of the most exciting players if not the most in the game, we have the best crowd, and were 13-10 when we've had curry, iggy, douglas, oneal, barnes have all missed some time and weve played the most road games. When we hit our stride its all gonna be coo

Paul Jeffrey
12-12-2013, 05:13 PM
Haha warriors are irrelevant? Were the most exciting team, with one of the most exciting players if not the most in the game, we have the best crowd, and were 13-10 when we've had curry, iggy, douglas, oneal, barnes have all missed some time and weve played the most road games. When we hit our stride its all gonna be coo

This is not a fact. It's subjective.

I could think Tim Duncan is the most exciting player in the NBA and you can't tell me I'm wrong because there is no right or wrong answer.

PowerHouse
12-12-2013, 05:15 PM
For one thing, the Warriors are a small market franchise that has never had very high expectations placed onto them. Even when they have had great players (the Run TMC days) the high expectations were never there, thats just what people have grown accustomed to. Thats why there isnt much criticism.

As far as the hate, hate stems from jealousy. And to honest, the Warriors havent done anything for anyone to be jealous of since 1975, so who would hate them?

COOLbeans
12-12-2013, 05:24 PM

Ha.

Green has been very good this year (try again)

Ezeli hasn't played one game and Douglas was getting better until he got hurt. He's been back for two games and has been pretty good in spot minutes so far.

Ohh and Jacks been struggling this season and Landrys been hurt all year. (They would've cost us abut $52 million)

COOLbeans
12-12-2013, 05:31 PM
For one thing, the Warriors are a small market franchise that has never had very high expectations placed onto them. Even when they have had great players (the Run TMC days) the high expectations were never there, thats just what people have grown accustomed to. Thats why there isnt much criticism.

As far as the hate, hate stems from jealousy. And to honest, the Warriors havent done anything for anyone to be jealous of since 1975, so who would hate them?

Define small market? :rolleyes:

Htownballa1622
12-12-2013, 05:35 PM
Green has been very good this year (try again)

Ezeli hasn't played one game and Douglas was getting better until he got hurt. He's been back for two games and has been pretty good in spot minutes so far.

Ohh and Jacks been struggling this season and Landrys been hurt all year. (They would've cost us abut $52 million)

Oh yeah? How's your bench been overall? What's your record?

All I hear are excuses.

SteveZissou
12-12-2013, 05:38 PM
Because until they win a championship, all it is unfulfilled potential.

They are a team that when stacked against others, are considered a better, younger, exciting team.

But they aren't expected to dominate anyone consistently.

All the other stated teams of the OP have won championships or had Long sustained success.

WARRIORS@GR
12-12-2013, 05:52 PM
Oh yeah? How's your bench been overall? What's your record?

All I hear are excuses.
What's your point?We're 13-10,while playing with a depleted bench most games,and having the most road games in the NBA.
Criticism for teams which are slightly underperforming early in the season is unfair.
Warriors,Clippers are good examples of that.
I would understand it if we had a Knicks or Nets like record,but 13-10 with a tough schedule and through injuries?

Htownballa1622
12-12-2013, 05:58 PM
What's your point?We're 13-10,while playing with a depleted bench most games,and having the most road games in the NBA.
Criticism for teams which are slightly underperforming early in the season is unfair.
Warriors,Clippers are good examples of that.
I would understand it if we had a Knicks or Nets like record,but 13-10 with a tough schedule and through injuries?

Let me fill you in because like the other poster you might be unaware.

I simply asked how your bench was doing at first because I could have sworn yall had a top 5 bench during the summer from some warriors posters. Rockets fans were ridiculed for thinking we could even touch the Warriors.

Regardless of what's happened (excuses), every team has dealt with injuries.

The Dubs are better than an 8 seed but it's been nice to see yall humbled.

Check the sig. :cool:

WARRIORS@GR
12-12-2013, 06:08 PM
Let me fill you in because like the other poster you might be unaware.

I simply asked how your bench was doing at first because I could have sworn yall had a top 5 bench during the summer from some warriors posters. Rockets fans were ridiculed for thinking we could even touch the Warriors.

Regardless of what's happened (excuses), every team has dealt with injuries.

The Dubs are better than an 8 seed but it's been nice to see yall humbled.

Check the sig. :cool:
Who talked about other teams?You asked about the bench.Hasn't a big part of our bench got injured and missed games?How is that an excuse?Is a Nedovic-Bazemore-Green-Speights-O'Neil bench what we were talking about before the season?No.More like Douglas(Iggy)-Green-Barnes-Speights-O'neil.That lineup has never been healthy enough so far this season.So,it's a big reason why our bench looks **** so far.

Again,don't talk me about other teams having injuries etc,I don't care.This thread was about the Warriors underperforming,whis is a fact,but injuries hurting our bench is also a fact.

Htownballa1622
12-12-2013, 06:17 PM
Who talked about other teams?You asked about the bench.Hasn't a big part of our bench got injured and missed games?How is that an excuse?Is a Nedovic-Bazemore-Green-Speights-O'Neil bench what we were talking about before the season?No.More like Douglas(Iggy)-Green-Barnes-Speights-O'neil.That lineup has never been healthy enough so far this season.So,it's a big reason why our bench looks **** so far.

Again,don't talk me about other teams having injuries etc,I don't care.This thread was about the Warriors underperforming,whis is a fact,but injuries hurting our bench is also a fact.

It's a fact that you're making excuses and you seem a little emotional. Sorry your bench has been made of glass.

Good day.

tredigs
12-12-2013, 06:19 PM
It's a fact that you're making excuses and you seem a little emotional. Sorry your bench has been made of glass.

Good day.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/08/08cc8be0132f411c46a308931558be2bcbc0dc50a97f9fb26d 94e41ce7a69193.jpg

WARRIORS@GR
12-12-2013, 06:19 PM

Good day.
Lol.I'm not emotional at all right now.Warriors not playing today,i'm fully relaxed.Looking forward to a blowout tommorrow though:laugh:

Htownballa1622
12-12-2013, 06:22 PM
Lol.I'm not emotional at all right now.Warriors not playing today,i'm fully relaxed.Looking forward to a blowout tommorrow though:laugh:
Lol. Right. Just like last week.

I actually am a fan of the warriors. I'm not as high on their bench as some but hopefully they get healthy. ;)

Good day again.

Htownballa1622
12-12-2013, 06:22 PM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/08/08cc8be0132f411c46a308931558be2bcbc0dc50a97f9fb26d 94e41ce7a69193.jpg

Lol. Nice.

LoveMeOrHateMe
12-12-2013, 06:23 PM
Why do you guys let Laker fans ruffle your feathers?

Only reason I made that irrelevant comment was because the dubs is always hating on the lakers and funny enough he says the lakers chips are rigged lol

WARRIORS@GR
12-12-2013, 06:28 PM
Only reason I made that irrelevant comment was because the dubs is always hating on the lakers and funny enough he says the lakers chips are rigged lol
I think he talked about last season's game,which was absolutely rigged.You can't deny that.

TrueFan420
12-12-2013, 06:31 PM

Um try again the Bay Area is a big market.

lakeshow22
12-12-2013, 06:41 PM
Warriors

bgdreton
12-12-2013, 07:08 PM
Have the trolls left?

JasonJohnHorn
12-12-2013, 07:22 PM
They are playing as well as they did last year. With Iggy in and out and Bogut getting his feel for the team (this is his first full season) and Jackosn working in new personal....

They are not playing consistently.... but they have the talent to compete with anybody in a 7-game series.

By the end of the season we'll get a better sense of what level they are at, but these are young guys for the most part, and they've had some injuries to deal with.

Let's not pretend they are pulling a BK.NY here. They have a winning record in the West. That's pretty impressive in and of itself.

Monta is beast
12-12-2013, 07:45 PM
Y'all should go after Lebron. With all the young talent, I think you guys could be a group he would think about. If you got the money that is.

I see us going after KD when hes a fa

ThaDubs
12-12-2013, 07:52 PM

I don't always hate on the Lakers. I actually love Kobe so much, and you can ask LG and Shep etc. I don't hate the Lakers. It's just that when I joined this forum the Lakers fanbase to me was basically you, Illusionist, and A1moser. All three of you are absolute imbeciles (or at least act like it) and it ****ed up my perception of the fanbase considering all the wannabe gangster #purplengoldboyzz I see on a daily. And no I never said anything about rigged chips.

Htownballa1622
12-12-2013, 07:57 PM
I don't always hate on the Lakers. I actually love Kobe so much, and you can ask LG and Shep etc. I don't hate the Lakers. It's just that when I joined this forum the Lakers fanbase to me was basically you, Illusionist, and A1moser. All three of you are absolute imbeciles (or at least act like it) and it ****ed up my perception of the fanbase considering all the wannabe gangster #purplengoldboyzz I see on a daily. And no I never said anything about rigged chips.

:clap:

Paul Jeffrey
12-12-2013, 08:17 PM
Um try again the Bay Area is a big market.

It isn't a small market, but I wouldn't call it a big market.

ThaDubs
12-12-2013, 09:01 PM

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2011/03/nba-market-size-numbers-game/

This is from 2011

nastynice
12-13-2013, 01:26 AM
I don't come in this forum too often, but is there some kinda rockets/warriors beef or something? I definitely sense some kinda weird tension there, lol

ThaDubs
12-13-2013, 01:35 AM
I don't come in this forum too often, but is there some kinda rockets/warriors beef or something? I definitely sense some kinda weird tension there, lol

I don't know. Some of them I find very annoying and defensive about there team, but I'm pretty sure that's exactly how we seem to them. Warriors and Rockets have had sort of a rivalry since last year.

WARRIORS@GR
12-13-2013, 01:35 AM
I don't come in this forum too often, but is there some kinda rockets/warriors beef or something? I definitely sense some kinda weird tension there, lolI think they're both kind of 'new contenders',that's why.

Gibby23
12-13-2013, 01:40 AM
I think they're both kind of 'new contenders',that's why.

"Contenders" for what? The Playoffs? The NBA has never been about 5 and under seeds as championship contenders.

WARRIORS@GR
12-13-2013, 01:42 AM
"Contenders" for what? The Playoffs? The NBA has never been about 5 and under seeds as championship contenders.lol,where u been gibby?did you like that game winner by the 3pt specialist yesterday?

WARRIORS@GR
12-13-2013, 02:02 AM
Gibby23:laugh2::laugh2:

Lakers + Giants
12-13-2013, 02:15 AM

Yea, You hate the laker fans that troll, ****, so do I lmao (**** all the trolls, of all teams). I've seen you post good **** about the lakers several times, I know you're not a laker hater, just a troll hater.

#movement *****es!

Sadds The Gr8
12-13-2013, 02:15 AM
I thought they were way overrated before the season but it's early. I heard they've barely played east teams so maybe they'll win more once that happens

Gibby23
12-13-2013, 02:29 AM
Gibby23:laugh2::laugh2:

Warriors:laugh::laugh: Bankrupt Greece :laugh:

ThaDubs
12-13-2013, 03:03 AM
So are the Warriors, that is the reason this thread was made.

Not really. We had a chance to upset the Spurs in the second round after ****ing the Nuggets up. Now we have Andre Iguodala (who we haven't had for what like 10 games?). I guarantee once we get Iggy back we will be all good and you'll **** off and stop trolling. I just don't get why you go around hating on the Warriors. Maybe you're jealous at all the success bay area sports have had recently, **** I don't know.

@L+G :cheers: #movement #gibbyissonotmovementworthy #nofatchicks

sunsfan88
12-13-2013, 08:18 AM
http://static2.businessinsider.com/image/4fb51191eab8ead96f000001-400-/oklahoma-city-thunder-crowd.jpg

torocan
12-13-2013, 11:29 AM

I don't think there's an actual rivalry. More like a bragging rights thing over best young and upcoming teams and competition over middle seeding.

I do think there's something from the Rockets/GSW game last year when the Rockets were going for the 3 point shooting record. Mark Jackson intentionally fouled on every possession when the Rockets tied the NBA 3 point shooting record. There was a hard foul and 2 ejections at the end with only 34s to go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNqh1qPN8Ls

Gibby23
12-13-2013, 12:06 PM
Not really. We had a chance to upset the Spurs in the second round after ****ing the Nuggets up. Now we have Andre Iguodala (who we haven't had for what like 10 games?). I guarantee once we get Iggy back we will be all good and you'll **** off and stop trolling. I just don't get why you go around hating on the Warriors. Maybe you're jealous at all the success bay area sports have had recently, **** I don't know.

@L+G :cheers: #movement #gibbyissonotmovementworthy #nofatchicks

Ohh man... I forgot about the "chance" they had to upset the Spurs. I mean they did take it all the way to a game 6.

ThaDubs
12-13-2013, 12:10 PM
Ohh man... I forgot about the "chance" they had to upset the Spurs. I mean they did take it all the way to a game 6.

Well if you'd actually watched the series you'd have seen that there was a game where the Spurs won on a game winning three by Manu Ginobili (he's there shooting guard) so if we hadn't blown that we could have won and taken it to game 7. And anything coulda happened in game 7.

Gibby23
12-13-2013, 12:21 PM
Well if you'd actually watched the series you'd have seen that there was a game where the Spurs won on a game winning three by Manu Ginobili (he's there shooting guard) so if we hadn't blown that we could have won and taken it to game 7. And anything coulda happened in game 7.

The only thing is, it didn't go 7. This was going to be the year the Warriors were going to come out and prove they were a top tier team. They haven't done that yet, still playing the same ball as they have in the past and holding down an 8 seed at the moment. The West is good, I don't see them being better than a 6 seed. They are still bad on the road. If they had HCA in the playoffs, I can see them getting out of the west, but they way they are going, it doesn't look like they will have HCA and if they get a 6 to 8 seed or even a 5 to 8 seed, they won't beat the Thunder, Spurs, Blazers, or Clippers.

beasted86
12-13-2013, 12:34 PM
The Warriors sucked for a long *** time. They deserve to have a couple winning seasons without us putting any pressure on them.

SugeKnight
12-13-2013, 01:52 PM
They can still finish with a top 4 seed. A win tonight would help

waveycrockett
12-13-2013, 02:00 PM
I can't believe you guys are writing this team off in December. This time last year nobody thought they'd be making the playoffs and look what happened. Jackson will get them playing well when it counts and they will be a force.

WARRIORS@GR
12-13-2013, 02:44 PM
No,it's over.The Warriors should tank for Randle.

Chronz
12-13-2013, 02:59 PM
I'm not saying these guys don't make an impact, but the Warriors aren't the only team dealing with injuries or roster turnover. Wade has missed a ton of games for Miami, OKC had to deal with Westbrook's recovery and the loss of Martin, the Clippers lost Reddick for a big chunk of games and the Rockets have dealt with injuries to pretty much every impact player on the team other than Dwight. Injuries aren't the exception. They're the norm.
Clippers have fallen off without Reddick, I think GS deserves some slack for being without Iggy.

waveycrockett
12-13-2013, 03:06 PM
People are way to quick to judge in December. The NBA season is a marathon not a Sprint. There will probably be at least 1 team in the Conference Finals who nobody would consider today.

TrueFan420
12-13-2013, 04:09 PM

Then you should do some homework

nastynice
12-13-2013, 04:11 PM
The only thing is, it didn't go 7. This was going to be the year the Warriors were going to come out and prove they were a top tier team. They haven't done that yet, still playing the same ball as they have in the past and holding down an 8 seed at the moment. The West is good, I don't see them being better than a 6 seed. They are still bad on the road. If they had HCA in the playoffs, I can see them getting out of the west, but they way they are going, it doesn't look like they will have HCA and if they get a 6 to 8 seed or even a 5 to 8 seed, they won't beat the Thunder, Spurs, Blazers, or Clippers.

who said they were a top tier team? If they came into the season supposedly as a top tier team, then I'd understand them deserving criticism, but you are literally the only person I've heard say this. The dubs are a team that is expected to make the playoffs, and once in can hang with anyone, yet not favored in the deeper rounds. They're not playing too far off from that right now, a little sloppy yes, but I there's not much there to criticize.

TrueFan420
12-13-2013, 04:14 PM
http://static2.businessinsider.com/image/4fb51191eab8ead96f000001-400-/oklahoma-city-thunder-crowd.jpg

Showing a packed playoff crowd doesn't mean much. The fact that the warriors were I believe top 5 in sellout games during a stretch were we only went to the playoffs once in 17 years should tell you something about our fans. Also I believe when voted on my players and coaches (there was thread in here on it) we were tied or very close to OKC as most intimidating crowd

SPURSFAN1
12-13-2013, 05:07 PM
Ton of GSW fans. lol

sunsfan88
12-13-2013, 05:11 PM
Showing a packed playoff crowd doesn't mean much. The fact that the warriors were I believe top 5 in sellout games during a stretch were we only went to the playoffs once in 17 years should tell you something about our fans. Also I believe when voted on my players and coaches (there was thread in here on it) we were tied or very close to OKC as most intimidating crowd
Warriors definitely have a top 3 fan base in the NBA, but I think OKC has the best fanbase in sports.

COOLbeans
12-13-2013, 05:55 PM
Warriors fans at home have been a bit soft this year. Can't lie. With raised ticket prices this season, many of the long suffering, true fans are now in the bleachers. You can tell there's more of a corporate atmosphere this year which knocks us down a slot or 2 at having the best home court advantage in the league.

We're still tough though and since the slump, the crowds getting crazier again (which is something we do have an advantage on with other fan bases)

Hawkeye15
12-13-2013, 06:17 PM
they don't get a lot of hate in the mainstream media, but plenty of fans on chat boards are critical of them.

It helps that they are arguably the most fun team to watch, and have no identifiable a-holes that people dislike.

MonroeFAN
12-13-2013, 06:30 PM
Anytime you have two shooters like Curry and Thompson you are for real.

Teams go through rough patches.

TrueFan420
12-13-2013, 07:43 PM
Warriors definitely have a top 3 fan base in the NBA, but I think OKC has the best fanbase in sports.
Fair enough

tr3ymill3r
12-13-2013, 08:18 PM
I'm not saying this to troll or be mean, but honestly nobody other than GS fans take the Warriors seriously. With their current roster, they will never win an NBA title, but that can be said for a lot of teams. Live by the jump shot, die by the jump shot. Unless Curry and Thompson shoot 85% from the field, sorry they won't come out of the West. GS fans, try not to get butthurt, you have a cute team that is fun to watch, but not a real title contender.

ThaDubs
12-13-2013, 08:53 PM
I'm not saying this to troll or be mean, but honestly nobody other than GS fans take the Warriors seriously. With their current roster, they will never win an NBA title, but that can be said for a lot of teams. Live by the jump shot, die by the jump shot. Unless Curry and Thompson shoot 85% from the field, sorry they won't come out of the West. GS fans, try not to get butthurt, you have a cute team that is fun to watch, but not a real title contender.

The incorrectness seeps.

nastynice
12-13-2013, 09:11 PM
The incorrectness seeps.

no, he's actually right. If you check the numbers you'll see we have yet to win a game in which curry or thompson shoot below 85%. Plus we don't have any players that can drive or finish at the rim.

ThaDubs
12-13-2013, 09:17 PM
no, he's actually right. If you check the numbers you'll see we have yet to win a game in which curry or thompson shoot below 85%. Plus we don't have any players that can drive or finish at the rim.

Not just that aspect of his post. The middle part was all nice and statistically accurate, but 1. we are definitely contenders with our full roster for at least the West in my opinion, and 2. we are not the only ones taking the Warriors seriously. I have seen multiple people on multiple threads talking about how we shouldn't be taken lightly and that we're legit, this isn't just my lone opinion as a Warriors fan.

COOLbeans
12-13-2013, 10:04 PM
Utah Jazz fans :laugh2:

COOLbeans
12-13-2013, 10:05 PM

Igoudala and Curry

ManRam
12-13-2013, 10:07 PM
I criticize them plenty.

Also, because they haven't been consistently good. People don't waste their disparaging words on teams that aren't established contenders :shrug:

Hawkeye15
12-13-2013, 10:16 PM
I criticize them plenty.

Also, because they haven't been consistently good. People don't waste their disparaging words on teams that aren't established contenders :shrug:

I mean, I have criticized them as well. They overachieved last year, statistically should have won a handful games less, and do not belong in "contender" talk until they are pushing deep into the playoffs.

sunsfan88
12-14-2013, 03:30 AM
I think there will be plenty of criticism coming their way if they don't find a way to win games against good teams when their jump shot isn't falling.

tr3ymill3r
12-14-2013, 10:54 AM
Klay Thompson and Dwight Howard both made the same number of 3 pointers last night. This is part of the reason why nobody takes the Warriors seriously. They are a fun team to watch, but if Curry is your best player, you're not winning a championship.

waveycrockett
12-14-2013, 11:00 AM
Klay Thompson and Dwight Howard both made the same number of 3 pointers last night. This is part of the reason why nobody takes the Warriors seriously. They are a fun team to watch, but if Curry is your best player, you're not winning a championship.

Anybody who doesn't take the warriors "seriously" shouldn't be taken "seriously". You dont treat a team that just took a trip to WCF and improved their roster as a "joke" because they hit a few bumps in December.

CluTcH_c1tY
12-14-2013, 01:05 PM
Oh man in the off season Rockets fans were thought of being crazy to think our bench was better than GSW. Glad to see the Rockets have won both match ups like I predicted. Warriors even with Iggy or no better than the 6th seed. Oh yeah its funny that people said we were in trouble if Parsons was our #3 guy. Lol he's been incredible this year, for a fraction of the price that Iggy is getting paid. Once we trade Asik they will only get deeper.

MikeMoola
12-14-2013, 01:15 PM
We don't get hated on when we're slumping because we as in warrior fans have seen the very bottom of the nba. We accept our team no matter how bad they are and the rest of the world has the mentality that we cant go for anyway. So why hate? Warriors fan culture is slightly different from the rest of the nba fan culture. I am disappointed in our post game I think we are not utilizing Bogut as a post offensive threat and relying on too much of the 3 and it's killing us early in games if we actually use a healthy Bogut or Lee in the paint to score that will open the 3 Bogut healthy as he is can average 14-15 Pts per game if we utilize him like the Bucks did.

MikeMoola
12-14-2013, 01:40 PM
I mean, I have criticized them as well. They overachieved last year, statistically should have won a handful games less, and do not belong in "contender" talk until they are pushing deep into the playoffs.

You make no sense what so ever....every team in the nba attempts to build a team with the goal in mind of making the playoffs...last year we did that so how did we over achieve? And your saying statistically we should of won less games?! Obviously you need to go back and look at some stats from last year before you make a statements like that... we were 3rd in rebounds 1st in defensive rebounds 3rd in 3% 8th in 3s made 7th in offense were 40-13 when scoring 99 Pts or more in a game...I can keep going

ThaDubs
12-14-2013, 01:59 PM
Oh man in the off season Rockets fans were thought of being crazy to think our bench was better than GSW. Glad to see the Rockets have won both match ups like I predicted. Warriors even with Iggy or no better than the 6th seed. Oh yeah its funny that people said we were in trouble if Parsons was our #3 guy. Lol he's been incredible this year, for a fraction of the price that Iggy is getting paid. Once we trade Asik they will only get deeper.

No better than 6th seed? What the ****?

CluTcH_c1tY
12-14-2013, 03:58 PM
No better than 6th seed? What the ****?

why are you shocked?
These teams are clearly better than the Warriors:
Blazers, Spurs, Thunder, Rockets, Clippers. One can even argue that the Mavs are better. I expect the Mavs to make a move by the deadline, so they might be a better team come February.

ThaDubs
12-14-2013, 04:05 PM
why are you shocked?
These teams are clearly better than the Warriors:
Blazers, Spurs, Thunder, Rockets, Clippers. One can even argue that the Mavs are better. I expect the Mavs to make a move by the deadline, so they might be a better team come February.

We could easily come out on top of the Blazers, Rockets, or Clippers assuming we don't get ****ed anymore by injuries. Before we lost Iggy, we were right in the mix with the teams you just mentioned. This team is pissing me off though, we shouldn't be doing this bad, even without Iggy. But I'm sure when Iggy comes back we'll come back as well.

WES KOAST
12-14-2013, 04:12 PM
they don't get any hate cuz they are the darling pretty boys of the nba. you know, baby face, soft skin, barely started shaving. in fact curry/klay still get carded when they buy mini condoms.

WES KOAST
12-14-2013, 04:13 PM
Anybody who doesn't take the warriors "seriously" shouldn't be taken "seriously". You dont treat a team that just took a trip to WCF and improved their roster as a "joke" because they hit a few bumps in December.

improved?

I thought you guys were better last year with jack

ThaDubs
12-14-2013, 04:14 PM
improved?

I thought you guys were better last year with jack

Iguodala ring any bells?

WES KOAST
12-14-2013, 04:19 PM
Iguodala ring any bells?

I didn't like the iggy deal at the expense of getting rid of jack.

during the playoffs, jack controlled the entire game with his veteran experience and consistency when he came off the bench.

ThaDubs
12-14-2013, 04:27 PM
I didn't like the iggy deal at the expense of getting rid of jack.

during the playoffs, jack controlled the entire game with his veteran experience and consistency when he came off the bench.

If you think Iguodala is worse than Jack you are stupid.

WES KOAST
12-14-2013, 04:32 PM
If you think Iguodala is worse than Jack you are stupid.

its not a one on one match up.

jack brought chemistry and leadership to that 2nd unit.

you may not think the bench is important bcuz you prob play 2k14 with the fatigue turned off and play your starting 5 the entire game. now that's really stupid

Xsatyr
12-14-2013, 04:34 PM

As a Rockets fan I hate the Warriors. It started last year when the Rockets stomped them 140 to 109 by raining threes on them. The Warriors starting fouling to prevent the Rockets from breaking the three point record; they tied it. Bogut put out a tweet essentially saying see you next game which they lost again... I despise the Warriors more than any other team right now.

ThaDubs
12-14-2013, 04:37 PM
its not a one on one match up.

jack brought chemistry and leadership to that 2nd unit.

you may not think the bench is important bcuz you prob play 2k14 with the fatigue turned off and play your starting 5 the entire game. now that's really stupid

Leadership and chemistry are two things Iguodala brings. He also brings something Jack doesn't- ELITE defense on the perimeter. Before Iguodala got hurt we were the 3rd BEST defensive team. Now we are the 3rd WORST. And who gives a **** what I do on 2k14? I could make a custom player named Seal Farts who's 99 overall, clone his *** 11 times, make team full of just him, play with fouls off and all sliders to 100, with fatigue off, vs. the ****ing Nets, and it still wouldn't mean anything.

ThaDubs
12-14-2013, 04:38 PM
As a Rockets fan I hate the Warriors. It started last year when the Rockets stomped them 140 to 109 by raining threes on them. The Warriors starting fouling to prevent the Rockets from breaking the three point record; they tied it. Bogut put out a tweet essentially saying see you next game which they lost again... I despise the Warriors more than any other team right now.

You won that game and you still angry? Jesus.

WES KOAST
12-14-2013, 04:39 PM

why would you hate the warriors when the rockets won both games you just mentioned?

if they tweet something, then drop more 3's on them. what's the prob?

WES KOAST
12-14-2013, 04:41 PM
Leadership and chemistry are two things Iguodala brings. He also brings something Jack doesn't- ELITE defense on the perimeter. Before Iguodala got hurt we were the 3rd BEST defensive team. Now we are the 3rd WORST. And who gives a **** what I do on 2k14? I could make a custom player named Seal Farts who's 99 overall, clone his *** 11 times, make team full of just him, play with fouls off and all sliders to 100, with fatigue off, vs. the ****ing Nets, and it still wouldn't mean anything.

okay, have it your way. when you guys struggle in the playoffs and miss that veteran leadership off the bench, don't come crying to me

WARRIORS@GR
12-14-2013, 04:43 PM
So Jarrett ****in Jack now brings more to the table than Iguodala?:facepalm:

ThaDubs
12-14-2013, 04:54 PM
okay, have it your way. when you guys struggle in the playoffs and miss that veteran leadership off the bench, don't come crying to me

"miss that veteran leadership"? Iguodala is in his 10th season and Jarrett Jack is in his 9th. Iguodala has been an allstar and played for Team USA, while Jarrett Jack hasn't done anything but play okay for a couple ****** teams. How does Jarrett Jack bring more "veteran leadership" than Iguodala?

Hawkeye15
12-14-2013, 04:58 PM
You make no sense what so ever....every team in the nba attempts to build a team with the goal in mind of making the playoffs...last year we did that so how did we over achieve? And your saying statistically we should of won less games?! Obviously you need to go back and look at some stats from last year before you make a statements like that... we were 3rd in rebounds 1st in defensive rebounds 3rd in 3% 8th in 3s made 7th in offense were 40-13 when scoring 99 Pts or more in a game...I can keep going

I did look at the stats. They said you should have dropped 3-4 games off that win total.

Keep going.... The Warriors have not showed they are contenders yet, so they shouldn't be included with the Spurs or Thunder out west in a conversation until they prove otherwise.

Xsatyr
12-14-2013, 05:12 PM
why would you hate the warriors when the rockets won both games you just mentioned?

if they tweet something, then drop more 3's on them. what's the prob?

It's easy not to like them after all the hype they got during the off-season albeit some of it is deserved because of their playoff performance. Also I can't stand Mark Jackson.

ThaDubs
12-14-2013, 05:15 PM
It's easy not to like them after all the hype they got during the off-season albeit some of it is deserved because of their playoff performance. Also I can't stand Mark Jackson.

Easy not to like them? Well yeah, if you're a Rockets fan who's still butthurt because his team didn't set an NBA record for 3's in a game like 10 months ago.

Xsatyr
12-14-2013, 05:34 PM
Easy not to like them? Well yeah, if you're a Rockets fan who's still butthurt because his team didn't set an NBA record for 3's in a game like 10 months ago.

Who said I was butthurt? It's the combination of the *** whooping and Bogut's dumb tweet that initially made me not like them. The last thing I would do is go to twitter after a loss like that and to top if off they didn't even back it up. I actually rooted for them during the playoffs but started not to like them again during the off-season.

slashsnake
12-14-2013, 05:56 PM
Well I think it's because they are new, and had some surprise success and that's fun to like.

2001 Patriots winning the SB over the big bad greatest show on turf. Awesome.
2013 Patriots in the playoffs trying to get to their 6th SB. Put them down NOW!

Same for the bulls first championship for Jordan, the spurs first one when Robinson got that ring, etc.

They may be disliked by their rivals in their division at the time. But they haven't beat your team, knocked them out of the post-season, taken that home court advantage, or ruined your HOFers chance for a title yet. They haven't overtaken every other team on ESPN, you aren't staring at their top players face on every commercial and cereal.

Until they start doing those things, I think they stay fun and nobody really hates them. As a Nugget fan I was upset they won that series... But guess who I was cheering for to try and knock of the Spurs the next week?

COOLbeans
12-14-2013, 06:28 PM
Who said I was butthurt? .

:laugh2:

lol, please
12-14-2013, 06:28 PM

This. We are over .500 and it's still the beginning of the season. :laugh2: Thanks for trying to make something out of nothing sunsfan88. The only people worried about our team right now would be worried even if we wer undefeated because it's how they think.

You can talk about our "problems" all you want, as far as i'm concerned, unless we fall well below .500 or are statistically eliminated from playoff contention for the rest of the season, or one more key player goes down indefinitely, there are no problems. There are just the ups and downs that all teams must endure throughout a season: Injuries, cold streaks, higher than normal turnover ratios, etc.

The criticisms will fall on deaf ears to the wiser.

lol, please
12-14-2013, 06:31 PM

Logic in the NBA forum? You must be in the wrong place sir.

sunsfan88
12-16-2013, 05:41 AM
This. We are over .500 and it's still the beginning of the season. :laugh2: Thanks for trying to make something out of nothing sunsfan88. The only people worried about our team right now would be worried even if we wer undefeated because it's how they think.

You can talk about our "problems" all you want, as far as i'm concerned, unless we fall well below .500 or are statistically eliminated from playoff contention for the rest of the season, or one more key player goes down indefinitely, there are no problems. There are just the ups and downs that all teams must endure throughout a season: Injuries, cold streaks, higher than normal turnover ratios, etc.

The criticisms will fall on deaf ears to the wiser.

I don't think its fair that every other team gets criticism when they had those "ups and downs" except for the Warriors.

And you said .500, well the Warriors are barely one game over .500 now.

And you must be the only Warriors fan who thinks "there are no problems". Even the other Warriors fans on this forum has said that the play is extremely frustrating and that there is a problem of them not playing hard and fans on the Warriors forums have echoed those same feelings.

I think the Warriors will bounce back from all this but I don't think its a "given" like you think it is.

JNA17
12-16-2013, 05:49 AM
Maybe its just me but somehow I felt the Warriors getting Iggy would screw up their rotation a bit.

Either that or injuries are just hurting them right now. I also heard David Lee is not the same player this year.

Guppyfighter
12-16-2013, 02:52 PM
Warriors have a +2.5 differential with the toughest schedule of the year so far.

Not worried.

Tony_Starks
12-16-2013, 03:47 PM
What is there to hate on? They're a decent team that's fun to watch...

ThaDubs
12-16-2013, 03:49 PM
Warriors have a +2.5 differential with the toughest schedule of the year so far.

Not worried.

I'm worried.

Spanklin
12-16-2013, 04:27 PM
Probably because we aren't good enough to hate on or worry about. You only worry when a potential 60 win team underperforms, not when a potential 43-49 win team wins 43-49 games. We aren't Minnesota by any means but we also ain't at that LA Clippers lever where a leap is conceivable.

It's a locked in mediocrity team and the national media responds accordingly.

Guppyfighter
12-16-2013, 05:00 PM
I'm worried.

Don't.

WES KOAST
12-16-2013, 05:17 PM
Maybe its just me but somehow I felt the Warriors getting Iggy would screw up their rotation a bit.

Either that or injuries are just hurting them right now. I also heard David Lee is not the same player this year.

no, I feel the same way. I think having jack off the bench did more for this team than having iggy as a starter ONLY BCUZ THEY HAD A GOOD YOUNG STARTER AT SF IN HARRISON BARNES. if the warriors didn't have barnes, then the iggy trade made sense. but once they lost jack to make cap space for iggy, I knew they would have big issues with their bench.

Jarrett jack not only gave the warriors a proven leader off the bench but dude controlled the game like a boss.

WES KOAST
12-16-2013, 05:21 PM
Probably because we aren't good enough to hate on or worry about. You only worry when a potential 60 win team underperforms, not when a potential 43-49 win team wins 43-49 games. We aren't Minnesota by any means but we also ain't at that LA Clippers lever where a leap is conceivable.

It's a locked in mediocrity team and the national media responds accordingly.

don't feel bad, clips aren't elite. cp3, griffin aren't championship caliber.

to me the warriors are in a better position than the clips. iggy needs to get healthy and they need to bolster that bench and get another vet like Jarrett jack on their bench.

WES KOAST
12-16-2013, 05:24 PM
I'm worried.

look man, klay just needs to grow some balls.

give curry/klay some time. look like dem boys just hit puberty, they can barely grow facial hair. wait til they can grow a full beard like harden, then they can man the **** up

Hawkeye15
12-16-2013, 05:29 PM

Not worried.

toughest schedule?

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings/_/sort/sos

Am I missing something? They have played 15 road games to 10 home games, I assume you are factoring that in?

ThaDubs
12-16-2013, 05:31 PM
no, I feel the same way. I think having jack off the bench did more for this team than having iggy as a starter ONLY BCUZ THEY HAD A GOOD YOUNG STARTER AT SF IN HARRISON BARNES. if the warriors didn't have barnes, then the iggy trade made sense. but once they lost jack to make cap space for iggy, I knew they would have big issues with their bench.

Jarrett jack not only gave the warriors a proven leader off the bench but dude controlled the game like a boss.

But we were perfectly fine until Iggy got injured. We started 7-2, then we lost Curry. Then, right before Curry got back, we lost Iggy. So before injuries we were 7-2, then when our starters started getting injured, be went 6-10. No coincidence, Iggy's WS/48 this year: .171 compared to JJ's last year: .115.

So let me restate this again because you seem to have trouble understanding things properly:

Curry and Iggy have the best +/- on the Warriors.

With them, we are 7-2.

Without them, we are 6-10.

Not a coincidence.

Okay?

We will bounce back. I'm worried, as I should be, but I'm pretty sure we will bounce back fine.

tredigs
12-16-2013, 05:31 PM
look man, klay just needs to grow some balls.

give curry/klay some time. look like dem boys just hit puberty, they can barely grow facial hair. wait til they can grow a full beard like harden, then they can man the **** up

By "man the **** up" we'll assume you mean embellish/flop at all opportunities and shoot FT's like a flamingo.

Hawkeye15
12-16-2013, 05:33 PM
By "man the **** up" we'll assume you mean embellish/flop at all opportunities and shoot FT's like a flamingo.

haha, you were really serious when you said you were done defending Harden

tredigs
12-16-2013, 05:34 PM
toughest schedule?

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings/_/sort/sos

Am I missing something? They have played 15 road games to 10 home games, I assume you are factoring that in?

15 road to 10 home, and the least games against the East / most against the West. It's a tough schedule, not sure if it has been the toughest.

ThaDubs
12-16-2013, 05:35 PM

:laugh2: tre

WES KOAST

yeah, exactly. wats the prob?

they have the best back court in the league, they just need to back it up that's all.

tredigs
haha, you were really serious when you said you were done defending Harden

Hahah. I almost put in the "OK I do love a lot of what Harden is and does" blah blah but for the sake of jabbing the troll, decided against it.

yeah, exactly. wats the prob?

they have the best back court in the league, they just need to back it up that's all.

I don't know, I'm not ultra invested in what is right or wrong right now. I'm just hoping they get the team back to semi-full strength to see where it can go.

Hawkeye15
15 road to 10 home, and the least games against the East / most against the West. It's a tough schedule, not sure if it has been the toughest.

statistically it hasn't, but they don't factor in home/road for SOS if I am not mistaken.

WES KOAST
12-16-2013, 05:36 PM
But we were perfectly fine until Iggy got injured. We started 7-2, then we lost Curry. Then, right before Curry got back, we lost Iggy. So before injuries we were 7-2, then when our starters started getting injured, be went 6-10. No coincidence, Iggy's WS/48 this year: .171 compared to JJ's last year: .115.

So let me restate this again because you seem to have trouble understanding things properly:

With them, we are 7-2.

Not a coincidence.

Okay?

We will bounce back. I'm worried, as I should be, but I'm pretty sure we will bounce back fine.

wateva mr stat man and got deep chedda to buy dem season tickets.

all I know is your bench was real good last year.

ThaDubs
12-16-2013, 05:38 PM

My dad just got laid off and he still paying for the season tickets and not selling any because we are a #warriorsfamily

WES KOAST
12-16-2013, 05:40 PM
Hahah. I almost put in the "OK I do love a lot of what Harden is and does" blah blah but for the sake of jabbing the troll, decided against it.

I don't know, I'm not ultra invested in what is right or wrong right now. I'm just hoping they get the team back to semi-full strength to see where it can go.

see if the warriors can rescind the iggy trade and get back jack.

healthy bogut/lee and jack off your bench was much tougher than having iggy and no bench.

ThaDubs
12-16-2013, 05:42 PM

And what is wrong with being a stat guy? Stats are stats, they distinguish bad players from good players, it's not like a mentally handicapped teenager keeps track of them. They are all carefully recorded and accurate. The only reason you dislike them is because they verify things you don't like.

WES KOAST
12-16-2013, 05:43 PM
My dad just got laid off and he still paying for the season tickets and not selling any because we are a #warriorsfamily

sorry to hear ur daddy got laid off but u said u drop 15k a year for tix like that sum chump change lol.

consider urself lucky to live in the bay area and watch the warriors regardless of what their record is. you got it better than most.

ThaDubs
12-16-2013, 05:44 PM

healthy bogut/lee and jack off your bench was much tougher than having iggy and no bench.

This is exactly what I was talking about when I said you don't comprehend anything I say. I just proved Iguodala is more productive and helpful than Jack to the Warriors and yet you go back to your original argument of Jack>Iggy.

WES KOAST
12-16-2013, 05:46 PM
And what is wrong with being a stat guy? Stats are stats, they distinguish bad players from good players, it's not like a mentally handicapped teenager keeps track of them. They are all carefully recorded and accurate. The only reason you dislike them is because they verify things you don't like.

nothing wrong with stats but I also like heart, intangibles, and leadership. what jack gave you guys. don't know why u don't wanna admit losing jack hurt your bench, which could be a big reason. not saying iggy getting hurt hasn't been the main reason but not having a great leader to lead your bench is just as important that's all im saying. you make it like seem like it's a contest who's better iggy or jack and that's not the case here.

Hawkeye15
12-16-2013, 05:46 PM
as a 38 year old who has followed the NBA since the mid 80's, I am still trying to wrap my head around the Warriors being talked about as elite haha. No insult to the Warriors, its finally their time to get it right, just crazy.

Always did like the Mullin/Hardaway teams though.

ThaDubs
12-16-2013, 05:49 PM
sorry to hear ur daddy got laid off but u said u drop 15k a year for tix like that sum chump change lol.

consider urself lucky to live in the bay area and watch the warriors regardless of what their record is. you got it better than most.

No, I stated that it was 15k a year for the exact opposite reason. It's a lot of money. If it was just chump change to my family, why would I bring that up? I was saying it's tough to spend a whole $15,000+ every year on Warriors related things, only to be disappointed by the season they're having.

Just another example of your lack of comprehension skills.

WES KOAST
12-16-2013, 05:49 PM
This is exactly what I was talking about when I said you don't comprehend anything I say. I just proved Iguodala is more productive and helpful than Jack to the Warriors and yet you go back to your original argument of Jack>Iggy.

haha never did I say jack>iggy. all I said was jack did more for the bench than iggy does for your starting lineup because you guys have a rising star in Harrison barnes who could more than hold his own.

if you didn't have barnes, then the iggy trade made sense.

ThaDubs
12-16-2013, 05:53 PM
nothing wrong with stats but I also like heart, intangibles, and leadership. what jack gave you guys. don't know why u don't wanna admit losing jack hurt your bench, which could be a big reason. not saying iggy getting hurt hasn't been the main reason but not having a great leader to lead your bench is just as important that's all im saying. you make it like seem like it's a contest who's better iggy or jack and that's not the case here.

Of course our bench is struggling with the loss of Jarrett Jack and Carl, but that's not the reason we're doing so bad, which is the subject of this debate. The reason we're doing so bad is because of injuries. I mean we could be playing better, but no way in hell would we be doing this bad if it wasn't for injuries. I'm not a guy who likes uses excuses, but if it's true, it's true.

tredigs
12-16-2013, 05:55 PM
as a 38 year old who has followed the NBA since the mid 80's, I am still trying to wrap my head around the Warriors being talked about as elite haha. No insult to the Warriors, its finally their time to get it right, just crazy.

Haha - growing up a Warriors/Raiders/A's fan will do things to a sports fans psyche. The "Black Hole" is probably a little less angry with a couple rings sprinkled in. Warriors being good still won't register to me unless we reach the WCF.

ThaDubs
12-16-2013, 05:58 PM
haha never did I say jack>iggy. all I said was jack did more for the bench than iggy does for your starting lineup because you guys have a rising star in Harrison barnes who could more than hold his own.

if you didn't have barnes, then the iggy trade made sense.

No, the Iggy trade made sense either way. We got rid of 3 worthless bench players who were demanding over $24,000,000 and now we have an elite perimeter defender who can rebound, make plays, and score when needed. Finding something Iggy is bad at is pretty damn hard. JJ was nice and all, but he's not doing well this season and Carl Landy has yet to play a single game (and probably won't for a couple months).

ThaDubs
12-16-2013, 06:00 PM
Haha - growing up a Warriors/Raiders/A's fan will do things to a sports fans psyche. The "Black Hole" is probably a little less angry with a couple rings sprinkled in. Warriors being good still won't register to me unless we reach the WCF.

We just need to get our hands on Andre Drummond and it's #dynasty

WES KOAST
12-16-2013, 06:00 PM
No, I stated that it was 15k a year for the exact opposite reason. It's a lot of money. If it was just chump change to my family, why would I bring that up? I was saying it's tough to spend a whole $15,000+ every year on Warriors related things, only to be disappointed by the season they're having.

Just another example of your lack of comprehension skills.

wen you can drop 15 g's on tix when most gotta use that money for food/rent, than it's a lux for you so don't feel ungrateful regardless of what the record says. you should feel fortunate instead of saying "bcuz you drop xyz, you want a certain ROI on your investment. fact you or ur familia can afford it, consider urself lucky.

as for break down in comprehension skills, that's just semantics. I say it's more a break down in communications skills since I wasn't made aware of all the facts surrounding your statement. if I was provided all the evidence behind your statement and I still didn't understand it, then yes, it's a break down of comprehension. not so in this case

Tony_Starks
12-16-2013, 06:03 PM
Once they're healthy they should bounce back for the second half. They still shoot too many outside shots for my taste but if they get the right matchup in the playoffs they could be dangerous...

ThaDubs
12-16-2013, 06:05 PM
wen you can drop 15 g's on tix when most gotta use that money for food/rent, than it's a lux for you so don't feel ungrateful regardless of what the record says. you should feel fortunate instead of saying "bcuz you drop xyz, you want a certain ROI on your investment. fact you or ur familia can afford it, consider urself lucky.

as for break down in comprehension skills, that's just semantics. I say it's more a break down in communications skills since I wasn't made aware of all the facts surrounding your statement. if I was provided all the evidence behind your statement and I still didn't understand it, then yes, it's a break down of comprehension. not so in this case

I was gonna go off, but then I was like nah. This dunce ain't worth it.

WES KOAST
12-16-2013, 06:07 PM
Of course our bench is struggling with the loss of Jarrett Jack and Carl, but that's not the reason we're doing so bad, which is the subject of this debate. The reason we're doing so bad is because of injuries. I mean we could be playing better, but no way in hell would we be doing this bad if it wasn't for injuries. I'm not a guy who likes uses excuses, but if it's true, it's true.

you sure about that? u 100% primetime, gen-u-ine sure it has nothing to do with your bench and all on iggys injury?

I don't know bout that.

when I watched the warriors last year in the playoffs, I said if bogut/lee can be healthy and keep that bench in tact + Harrison barnes emerging as a star, the warriors would have a shot against dethroning okc.

adding a guy like iggy but losing 2 critical players off your bench doesn't always make you better. it's sexy on paper but I still think you guys should've kept it tight and straight.

WES KOAST
12-16-2013, 06:12 PM
I was gonna go off, but then I was like nah. This dunce ain't worth it.

yeah, wateva.

haha pop your cherry, I kinda remember saying that but I don't remember why or to what comment I said it to.

ThaDubs
12-16-2013, 06:17 PM
yeah, wateva.

haha pop your cherry, I kinda remember saying that but I don't remember why or to what comment I said it to.

Oh, don't worry about it. I'm just showing the world that it is in fact possible to accidentally replace a common and simple idiom with a vulgar slang phrase used to describe breaking a virgin's hymen during sexual intercourse.

Spanklin
12-16-2013, 06:36 PM

With them, we are 7-2.

Not a coincidence.

Okay?

I'm a real Warrior fan and I personally guarantee everyone that Curry has played more than 9 games.

ThaDubs
12-16-2013, 06:37 PM
I'm a real Warrior fan and I personally guarantee everyone that Curry has played more than 9 games.

I meant without one of them. When at least one of them is inactive, we are 6-10.

sunsfan88
12-16-2013, 09:20 PM

I'm still feeling the same way about the Clippers.

Guppyfighter
12-16-2013, 10:47 PM
Once they're healthy they should bounce back for the second half. They still shoot too many outside shots for my taste but if they get the right matchup in the playoffs they could be dangerous...

Warriors were 13th in shot attempts from the three last year and are pretty low for their efficiency this year. It's actually probably a bad thing they don't shoot more threes.

Monta is beast
12-16-2013, 10:59 PM
^I thought fg percentage was the most useless stat in the nba? Still dont understand how someone can be dumb enough to say that

Guppyfighter
12-17-2013, 12:57 AM
^I thought fg percentage was the most useless stat in the nba? Still dont understand how someone can be dumb enough to say that

Well, because I didn't say that halfwit. Not only that, but this doesn't relate at all to my post. I will humor you though.

I said it's the most misleading statistic. FG percentage implies Curry and Josh Smith are equal in efficiency. When you don't weigh the shots to a value you get misleading stats. Like Lillard having a 404 field goal percentage. He's extremely efficient. Or Chauncey Billups rocking anything below 40 when he is also efficient.

FG percentage is the same stat that people try to use to say Kobe or Melo are inefficient. Both are very efficient.

sunsfan88
12-20-2013, 04:41 AM
Igoudala's back and they just lost to a team that didn't even have its 3 best players. All the Warriors fans (except for ThaDubs, he actually said he's worried that the Warriors are playing like crap) who kept saying "No need to worry, Iggy will save us"....is it time to worry now?

WARRIORS@GR
12-20-2013, 04:42 AM
Igoudala's back and they just lost to a team that didn't even have its 3 best players. All the Warriors fans (except for ThaDubs, he actually said he's worried that the Warriors are playing like crap) who kept saying "No need to worry, Iggy will save us"....is it time to worry now?Who said 'no need to worry'?

TrueFan420
12-20-2013, 04:59 AM
Igoudala's back and they just lost to a team that didn't even have its 3 best players. All the Warriors fans (except for ThaDubs, he actually said he's worried that the Warriors are playing like crap) who kept saying "No need to worry, Iggy will save us"....is it time to worry now?

Your tripping most of us are concerned with the teams level of commitment/concentration or lack there of. Injuries have been an issue. But that doesn't mean there's a lack of concern. And manu is not one of their top 3 or even 5 anymore he is far to inconsistent at his age now. And come on that blocking call at the end was some BS. Mills slid under curry after he had already gone up and released the ball.

TrueFan420
12-20-2013, 05:02 AM

Your not a real warriors fan. You were a laker, heat then okc fan that now turned his attention to the warriors.

jp611
12-20-2013, 05:56 AM
I've always kinda thought that Mark Jackson may be a little overrated.

kdspurman
12-20-2013, 10:16 AM

Seems like a great motivator, but not so much on play calling/implementing a system. I think losing Mike Malone was kind of a big for them

torocan
12-20-2013, 10:24 AM

Or maybe that Pops is still under-rated. Teams see "Big 3 sitting" and think, "Omg! Easy win!" ... Pops usually has different ideas. :laugh:

I suspect Pops could take 10 guys out of the D-League and get a play off spot in the East...

nycericanguy
12-20-2013, 11:05 AM
I said that GSW wouldn't be as good this year and I got called a hater.

But people under estimate what Jack & Landry meant to that team. And they over-estimate Iggy. DEN even without Iggy still has a better record than GSW. Not to mention they are w/o Gallo & McGee this year.

That's not even considering the boatload of picks GSW gave up. It's early, but they are 3 back in the loss column for the playoffs, so it could end up being a lotto pick this year.

sunsfan88
12-20-2013, 06:48 PM
Who said 'no need to worry'?

Your tripping most of us are concerned with the teams level of commitment/concentration or lack there of. Injuries have been an issue. But that doesn't mean there's a lack of concern. And manu is not one of their top 3 or even 5 anymore he is far to inconsistent at his age now. And come on that blocking call at the end was some BS. Mills slid under curry after he had already gone up and released the ball.

Neither of you said it but there are others who did. Notably, the grumpy Warriors fan.

COOLbeans
12-20-2013, 10:28 PM
Neither of you said it but there are others who did. Notably, the grumpy Warriors fan.

You've been real cocky ever since the Suns beat the Warriors for the first time in about 3 years.

And you're wrong.

Monta is beast
12-20-2013, 10:33 PM
Nvrmnd

sunsfan88
12-20-2013, 10:37 PM
You've been real cocky ever since the Suns beat the Warriors for the first time in about 3 years.

And you're wrong.
Lol I'm cocky since the Suns beat the Warriors? I don't give a s**t that the Suns beat the Warriors.

Anyone with a brain knows that the Warriors are a better team than Phoenix and their expected to be.

COOLbeans
12-20-2013, 11:17 PM
Lol I'm cocky since the Suns beat the Warriors? I don't give a s**t that the Suns beat the Warriors.

Anyone with a brain knows that the Warriors are a better team than Phoenix and their expected to be.

Fair enough. You're still pretty zealous regarding your opinion about the Warriors. I'm curious because I don't have the same vigor for the Suns that you do for the Dubs.

PartyPoison15
12-20-2013, 11:44 PM
They're eh..

Nothing write home about. Not bad, but not great. Too bad they're in the west.

sunsfan88
12-21-2013, 05:03 AM
Fair enough. You're still pretty zealous regarding your opinion about the Warriors. I'm curious because I don't have the same vigor for the Suns that you do for the Dubs.

Its because I care about the Warriors. That sounds odd but I actually have a lot ties to Alameda and I have wanted the Warriors to do good for so long. They piss me off when they lose. I'm a big fan of guys like Steph Curry, Harrison Barnes, Jarret Jack and Carl Landry last year too. Only one I don't like too much is Klay Thompson.

Ws are like my 2nd favorite team in the NBA. If they play the Suns in the playoffs, I'm gonna end up having multiple personality disorder. I root for the Suns in the games but in the playoffs...man I want Ws in the Finals and I don't like the Suns chances of going very far in post season if we get in.

sunsfan88
12-21-2013, 05:04 AM
They're eh..

Nothing write home about. Not bad, but not great. Too bad they're in the west.

If they were in the East, they would have the #3 seed right now behind Miami and Indiana. And if Bogut can stay healthy for playoffs, there's no guarantee that Miami can beat GSW in a 7 game series.*

*this is IF the Warriors get their s**t together.

Chronz
12-21-2013, 06:35 AM

You shouldn't need stats to know that, its sad that he still doesnt get it

Airevo76
12-21-2013, 09:51 AM
edit...

COOLbeans
12-21-2013, 02:53 PM
Its because I care about the Warriors. That sounds odd but I actually have a lot ties to Alameda and I have wanted the Warriors to do good for so long. They piss me off when they lose. I'm a big fan of guys like Steph Curry, Harrison Barnes, Jarret Jack and Carl Landry last year too. Only one I don't like too much is Klay Thompson.

Ws are like my 2nd favorite team in the NBA. If they play the Suns in the playoffs, I'm gonna end up having multiple personality disorder. I root for the Suns in the games but in the playoffs...man I want Ws in the Finals and I don't like the Suns chances of going very far in post season if we get in.

Nice!

PurpleLynch
12-21-2013, 08:04 PM
Or maybe that Pops is still under-rated. Teams see "Big 3 sitting" and think, "Omg! Easy win!" ... Pops usually has different ideas. :laugh:

I suspect Pops could take 10 guys out of the D-League and get a play off spot in the East...

I would watch the **** out of this D-League team in the East. It would be crazy.