PDA

View Full Version : 2014 F.A Pau Gasol, What does he do?

Hellcrooner
12-11-2013, 10:19 PM
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/12/11/pau-gasol-not-just-the-lakers-will-have-contract-options/

Ring chasing for the minimle or mle? ( Spurs, Thunder, Heat, Bulls....)
Brotherly reunión?
Show me the money and go wherever they pay him more regardless if its a contender or not?
Sign back?
Go back to Barcelona Fc?

MTar786
12-11-2013, 10:28 PM
either sign with lakers for the min.. or go back to spain. but he'll prob sign for like 5m somewhere else.

ManRam
12-11-2013, 10:30 PM
I don't think it's best for the Lakers, or him, for him to be back next year. Financially bringing him back really hampers the Lakers FA spending chances, and the odds are he won't be winning anything in LA again if he does stay.

I think he'll latch on to one more team to make one more run. But I say that only because that's what I'd do. Who knows what he prioritizes most? Not me.

Chronz
12-11-2013, 10:31 PM
Not sure if hes starter material anymore but teams would LOVE him off the bench

KnicksorBust
12-11-2013, 10:34 PM
LOVE to see him in Memphis.

Hawkeye15
12-11-2013, 10:36 PM
He really isn't a 32+ mpg guy who can control the paint anymore. He really should look to sign with a contender with a little wiggle room to be a rotation player up front, who can start if he needs to, and come off the bench if he needs to. At this stage, he needs to be under minutes/games played restrictions.

NBA_Starter
12-11-2013, 10:42 PM
He should sign with the Thunder.

Hellcrooner
12-11-2013, 10:43 PM
Id come back to Barcelona in order to play less games and minutes in order to keep my legs for team spain for longer.
That way he could still play in 14 world cup 15 eurobasket 16 olympics.

If he stays in nba i think he retires from National team after this summers World Cup.

kdspurman
12-11-2013, 10:43 PM
Add him to the Spurs 2nd unit of Mills, Manu, Belinelli, Diaw.

Hellcrooner
12-11-2013, 10:44 PM
Not sure if hes starter material anymore but teams would LOVE him off the bench

15 and 10? not starting material?

are we talking bout the center position?

finde me 30 better centers.

:laugh:

Hellcrooner
12-11-2013, 10:45 PM
Add him to the Spurs 2nd unit of Mills, Manu, Belinelli, Diaw.

If someone in this league knows how to use two seven footers and get away with it thats pops for sure.
The passing game between td and pg would be something never seen.

beliges
12-11-2013, 10:52 PM
null

I think he calls it a career. Have you seen him play lately? He's become literally a liability at every aspect of the game. He was a fantastic player but I think its time to give it up for pau, at least in the NBA.

Hellcrooner
12-11-2013, 10:54 PM
I think he calls it a career. Have you seen him play lately? He's become literally a liability at every aspect of the game. He was a fantastic player but I think its time to give it up for pau, at least in the NBA.

he definetly is still a top of the top dog if he comes back to europe.

and sorry to burst your bubble but if he forgets about **** like " career averages" he can still have a role ( disminishing year after year) in some team until he is 40 .

shep33
12-11-2013, 10:56 PM
Honestly, it's not good for him or the Lakers for him to stay there. He should go to a contender. Be that 6th man or something. Still can play 30 mpg, and get you 14 and 10

Hellcrooner
12-11-2013, 10:59 PM
Honestly, it's not good for him or the Lakers for him to stay there. He should go to a contender. Be that 6th man or something. Still can play 30 mpg, and get you 14 and 10

i agree he has to go.

in fact he RUINED his career for not asking to be traded INMEDIATLY after the cp3 fiasco.
At that moment he still was good enough to make us pay back for the stupidity.

Now his body is brokedown.

shep33
12-11-2013, 10:59 PM
He'll go back to Spain at like age 36 I bet.

shep33
12-11-2013, 11:02 PM
i agree he has to go.

in fact he RUINED his career for not asking to be traded INMEDIATLY after the cp3 fiasco.
At that moment he still was good enough to make us pay back for the stupidity.

Now his body is brokedown.

Yeah, he should have gotten dealt right after that, but oh well. Feel bad for him, his body is just not responding to what he used to be able to do. It happens though, that's what age, and a ton of miles do to you.

We forget how many minutes this guy has logged when you put in his international play. Plus we worked him like a dog in our championship runs. I remember him playing like 38 mpg

P&GRealist
12-11-2013, 11:07 PM
Yeah, he should have gotten dealt right after that, but oh well. Feel bad for him, his body is just not responding to what he used to be able to do. It happens though, that's what age, and a ton of miles do to you.

We forget how many minutes this guy has logged when you put in his international play. Plus we worked him like a dog in our championship runs. I remember him playing like 38 mpg
Worked him like a dog?

That was what was expected of him, no excuses. What killed him was his international commitments. After 2008 Olympics he should have called it an international career and solely concentrated on helping the most decorated franchise in all of sports to win more championships.

Hellcrooner
12-11-2013, 11:09 PM
Worked him like a dog?

That was what was expected of him, no excuses. What killed him was his international commitments. After 2008 Olympics he should have called it an international career and solely concentrated on helping the most decorated franchise in all of sports to win more championships.

neither did kobe.
or anyone on usa team.

not playing for your country is not an option.

He rested in one eurobasket anyway and one world cup btw.

EL_MACHETE
12-12-2013, 12:11 AM
It would be cool to see him in Okc

Chronz
12-12-2013, 12:36 AM

Am I suppose to be impressed with extremely inefficient #'s on a bad rebounding team with him playing really poor defense? I dont know if there are 30 better centers but I wouldn't be surprised if that were true, nor does it mean there are 30 centers that are all worthy of starting.

IversonIsKrazy
12-12-2013, 12:50 AM
Spurs & OKC imo are GREAT situations for him, and would be great additions for both squads. However for Spurs, you would be putting Splitter (who is now getting like $9M annually) off the bench.

mightybosstone
12-12-2013, 12:59 AM
I would say something about how mediocre Pau has been this season, but after reading the thread in the Lakers forum where hellcrooner completely lost his mind, I'm a little frightened of the guy. His love for Pau has caused him to go *******.

sunsfan88
12-12-2013, 01:08 AM
He should go to Memphis, Miami or the Spurs.

Memphis cause his bro is there and they can have their own brother twin towers or some s**t.

Miami cause he would be the best big man they have and could be a legitmate factor in them winning another title. Plus LeBron will make him look like he still belongs.

Spurs cause Popvich gets a hard on when thinking about adding an European player especially one that is a future HOFer and still may have something left.

HoopsMachine
12-12-2013, 01:08 AM
If Lakers don't resign him, the Spurs is the best fit even more so than LA. He goes well with their 2nd unit and the front court rotation.

beliges
12-12-2013, 01:18 AM

he definetly is still a top of the top dog if he comes back to europe.

and sorry to burst your bubble but if he forgets about **** like " career averages" he can still have a role ( disminishing year after year) in some team until he is 40 .

Im sure he can be a very good player in Europe. But Europe is no NBA. And I have no doubt that if he doesn't re sign with the lakers some team will pick him up, but that doesn't change the fact he has become a liability out there on the floor.

TheNumber37
12-12-2013, 01:33 AM
Spurs for the Min.
OKC for the Min
BEST option: Sign 1 yr deal, then sign with Marc Gasol as a package wherever he goes in 2015

DEF, not Miami

bleedprple&gold
12-12-2013, 01:53 AM
Spurs & OKC imo are GREAT situations for him, and would be great additions for both squads. However for Spurs, you would be putting Splitter (who is now getting like $9M annually) off the bench.

No he would probably back up Splitter.

Lakers + Giants
12-12-2013, 02:32 AM
Would love to see him play with his bro, Duncan, Dirk, or even along side Ibaka.

Lakers + Giants
12-12-2013, 02:34 AM
Am I suppose to be impressed with extremely inefficient #'s on a bad rebounding team with him playing really poor defense? I dont know if there are 30 better centers but I wouldn't be surprised if that were true, nor does it mean there are 30 centers that are all worthy of starting.

Exactly what I was going to say. Being a starting center doesn't mean **** anymore.

DODGERS&LAKERS
12-12-2013, 03:23 AM
He is one of the nicest guys in the NBA. With that said, I hope he chases a ring next year. I think he would be amazing at center or off the bench for OKC. But right now I'm glad he is doing his best to make sure the Lakers suck this year because he has been something awful.

BrandoCommando
12-12-2013, 04:32 AM
Role player on a contending team.

Storch
12-12-2013, 06:00 AM
Don't forget Gasol still believes he's a starter, and he expressed his anger at being benched last year. I doubt he signs to be a bench player for a different team. He will go to a team that would start him or go back to Spain.

EL_MACHETE
12-12-2013, 01:45 PM
He is one of the nicest guys in the NBA. With that said, I hope he chases a ring next year. I think he would be amazing at center or off the bench for OKC. But right now I'm glad he is doing his best to make sure the Lakers suck this year because he has been something awful.

Yea I think Okc would be a perfect choice. They lack a post scorer and Gasol will provide that.

Pg- Westbrook / Jackson
Sg- Roberson / Lamb / Sefo(I have a feeling they won't resign him)
Sf- Durant / Jones
Pf- Ibaka / Collison
C- Gasol / Adams / Thabeet

kobe4thewinbang
12-12-2013, 06:33 PM
Become a full time doctor. That dude cannot ball anymore.

lakeshow22
12-12-2013, 06:42 PM
memphis

Chrisclover
12-13-2013, 01:00 AM
i suppose he was talking that Pau would decline drastically ,not saying he couldn't be a starter ,but he could lengthen his career and contribute more as a backup