PDA

View Full Version : BOBCATS #5 in the EAST standings? AM I seeing this correctly?

Denver-boy
12-11-2013, 07:16 PM
I just got on to ( NBA STANDINGS (http://espn.go.com/nba/standings) ) and I see the Bobcats at #5? no disrespect, is Kemba Walker going off, is it MKG ? is BIG AL GOING OFF whats going on....

MY question is BOBCATS forreal? someone pinch me

Paul Jeffrey
12-11-2013, 07:21 PM
I just got on to ( NBA STANDINGS (http://espn.go.com/nba/standings) ) and I see the Bobcats at #5? no disrespect, is Kemba Walker going off, is it MKG ? is BIG AL GOING OFF whats going on....

MY question is BOBCATS forreal? someone pinch me

Standing doesn't matter, record is what matters when trying to determine whether a team is real or not. They are a .500 team so far, they've done this before going on a 20 game stretch of a .500 record.

It's still early.

Deception
12-11-2013, 07:39 PM
They just beat the Warriors, they're a good team, but still not a contender.

Paul Jeffrey
12-11-2013, 07:41 PM

They're not a good team.

koreancabbage
12-11-2013, 07:45 PM

warriors played down to the Bobcats level. happens all the time.

conway429
12-11-2013, 08:39 PM

I'm praying that no one is actually suggesting the idea that the Bobcats are a contender.

Bobcats are the Bobcats, they did this last year and then lost like 25 in a row after the start of December. They're not the worst team, but they wouldn't be a playoff team if the East was a normal conference.

Bruno
12-11-2013, 08:49 PM
it seems like the east has been somewhat weak from 5-8 for over a decade. this year almost to an exaggerated sense. i think the new commish will have top 16 league round make post season within five years. it just doesn't make any sense for sub .500 teams to be making the post-season in the east when the west will have several teams at 9-11 with better records, year in and year out.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-11-2013, 08:51 PM
Other teams will pick it up.

Paul Jeffrey
12-11-2013, 08:54 PM
it seems like the east has been somewhat weak from 5-8 for over a decade. this year almost to an exaggerated sense. i think the new commish will have top 16 league round make post season within five years. it just doesn't make any sense for sub .500 teams to be making the post-season in the east when the west will have several teams at 9-11 with better records, year in and year out.

I disagree with the whole top 16 in the NBA thing. They should get rid of the Eastern and Western Conferences then, no point in them.

I'd rather seem them just have the top 4 teams from each conference go to the playoffs if people really don't want to see bad teams in the East make it.

*Superman*
12-11-2013, 08:55 PM
The East just sucks period. If the Knicks and Nets weren't so crappy, they'd be a 7th or 8th seed team.

Paul Jeffrey
12-11-2013, 08:55 PM
The East just sucks period. If the Knicks and Nets weren't so crappy, they'd be a 7th or 8th seed team.

What does this even mean? If we weren't bad we'd be a 7th or 8th seed?

ThaDubs
12-11-2013, 08:59 PM
So many dumb threads.

*Superman*
12-11-2013, 09:07 PM
What does this even mean? If we weren't bad we'd be a 7th or 8th seed?

The Bobcats would be. Expectations were for Nets to be top 5. Knicks shouldn't be worse than a 6th seed.

Paul Jeffrey
12-11-2013, 09:10 PM
The Bobcats would be. Expectations were for Nets to be top 5. Knicks shouldn't be worse than a 6th seed.

Oh I get it. If the Knicks and Nets weren't so bad, the Bobcats would be the 7th or 8th seed?

*Superman*
12-11-2013, 09:11 PM
Oh I get it. If the Knicks and Nets weren't so bad, the Bobcats would be the 7th or 8th seed?

Yes. At least that is how I feel about it.

NBA_Starter
12-11-2013, 09:12 PM
We aren't the laughing stock of the league anymore but the East is so bad.

Rivera
12-11-2013, 10:35 PM
It's because they have #kembaswag

DallasTrilla23
12-11-2013, 10:38 PM
They're not a playoff team imo but they'll probably make it anyways

shep33
12-11-2013, 10:58 PM
My rec league team can make the Eastern Conference playoffs... jk... maybe

But in all seriousness, I like how they're playing. Solid players on that team. McRoberts is really playing well if anybody is aware of what the Bobcats are doing

Bruno
12-11-2013, 11:00 PM
I disagree with the whole top 16 in the NBA thing. They should get rid of the Eastern and Western Conferences then, no point in them.

I'd rather seem them just have the top 4 teams from each conference go to the playoffs if people really don't want to see bad teams in the East make it.
i'd support that. a lot of people are catching onto the fact that divisions are completely useless in todays era. so are the conferences if you ask me. everyone should play each other three times. not 4 for division, three for conference and two for other conferences. lets balance out the competition and match ups so teams from weaker conferences can't hoist an MVP who played against and put up numbers against inferior competition more often than elite players from the other conference.

KnicksorBust
12-11-2013, 11:09 PM
E-League

NBA_Starter
12-11-2013, 11:20 PM
It's because they have #kembaswag

That's right! :worthy:

They're not a playoff team imo but they'll probably make it anyways

I hope not!

Shammyguy3
12-12-2013, 12:32 AM
i'd support that. a lot of people are catching onto the fact that divisions are completely useless in todays era. so are the conferences if you ask me. everyone should play each other three times. not 4 for division, three for conference and two for other conferences. lets balance out the competition and match ups so teams from weaker conferences can't hoist an MVP who played against and put up numbers against inferior competition more often than elite players from the other conference.

I'd definitely support this, but that adds up to 87 games total. Each team should play the other teams 2 times, totaling 58 games. The remaining 24 games get split up, twelve more games versus western conference teams and twelve more versus eastern conference teams. The teams that one plays 3 times as opposed to 2 would be rotated each season, similar to rotations in baseball's old inter-league

dalton749
12-12-2013, 12:49 AM
the yEAST is not rising

2-ONE-5
12-12-2013, 11:10 AM
i had them as the 7 seed before the season and i stick to that.

torocan
12-12-2013, 11:26 AM
The Bobcats are amazing. They're just THAT good. Awesome roster, amazing team chemistry and playing out of their minds!

Either that or the East just sucks...

shep33
12-12-2013, 11:36 AM
They're solid. I wish they drafted Nerlens though. I'm not too high on Zeller.

Hawkeye15
12-12-2013, 04:18 PM

most people have no complaints of the number of teams that get in. The issue is, it's been a 20 year+ streak of the east just being totally inferior as a conference. So people have gotten sick of watching 2-3 series out east that are just a complete mockery of the playoffs.

The east sucks this year, for all sorts of reasons. Injuries aren't helping, and tankapalooza is on. It won't look AS brutal by the end of the year, but again, I figure 2 sub .500 teams make it, and get embarrassed in round 1.

NoahH
12-12-2013, 08:44 PM

The east has been weak from 5-8 for a decade but now its weak from 3-8

RollingWave
12-12-2013, 09:12 PM
They're not a bad team really, a bit like a lesser version of the Grizz, they play tough defense on most nights and gets just enough offense out of Kemba / Jefferson to cut it.

With so many disappointing teams this year that it's really not inconceivable they make it , if they get a better seed than 7th then they might even make it to the 2nd round.

Carbine15
12-12-2013, 10:15 PM

This is one of the dumbest ideas ive ever heard of.