PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 pacer players since 2000

MTar786
12-11-2013, 02:11 PM
I'm not a pacers fan by any means. But it's good to see them playing the way they are. Especially since te flavor of the nba has been lost since Miami got their big 3 with te best role players too lol. So I was thinking.. The pacers had another great team back around 04 and 05. Pre malice at the palace! Also the pacer teams from this year and that 05 team are similar in a lot of ways. One to note is that they dot have 1 mega star.. Theyre good 1-5. With a good bench too. So I was thinking who would you guys say are the top 5 pacers since 2000?

My list isn't the best but I would have it like this based off my memory

1. Paul george for sure
2. Ron artest (malice at te palace season was the best start he ever had)
3. Jermaine oneal
4. Roy hibbert (only going to climb this list)
5 it's a toss up for me between Stephan Jackson, rose and granger .. But I think il go with granger

8-10. Reggie miller (honorable mention)

Big Zo
12-11-2013, 02:22 PM
1. Travis Best
2. Travis Best
3. Travis Best
4. Travis Best
5. Travis Best.

FraziersKnicks
12-11-2013, 02:30 PM
Why is this in the NBA forum?

2-ONE-5
12-11-2013, 02:44 PM
pacers forum?

Jetsguy
12-11-2013, 03:11 PM

Because these have been the best in the NBA in the last 10 years? Whats the issue

Minimal
12-11-2013, 03:19 PM
1. Jermaine O'Neal
2. Paul George
3. Danny Granger
4. Ron Artest
5. Reggie Miller/Roy Hibbert

mightybosstone
12-11-2013, 03:37 PM
Normally I would argue that this should be in the Pacers forum, but the lack of decent threads at this point has me craving any relevant basketball discussion, so I'll bite. Using a combination of longevity, peak, prime and postseason success, I'd probably go:

1. Jermaine O'Neal
2. Danny Granger
3. Paul George
4. Ron Artest
5. Roy Hibbert

George's peak this year is stronger than any player on this list's peak, but it's still really early in the season and the other players on this list were more integral to the team over a longer period of time. O'Neal clearly tops the list, because he was the alpha dog during those dominant early 2000s Pacers teams, while Granger is the one guy on the list who bridges those teams to the Pacers teams of the last couple of years.

I left off Miller because he clearly peaked before the 2000s and he was, at best, the third or fourth best guy on the early 2000s playoff Pacers squads.

Hawkeye15
12-11-2013, 04:07 PM
how is Reggie Miller not in these lists? He has 5 of the top 20 win share seasons for the Pacers since 00. No other Pacer has more than 2...

Reggie Miller
Jermaine O'Neal
Paul George (passes JO after this season)
Ron Artest
Danny Granger

D-Leethal
12-11-2013, 05:27 PM
Not sure Paul George is better than a prime Ron Artest who was averaging 24ppg and was the reigning DPOY when he the brawl broke out. I would put Ron at the top of that list. In his heyday he was more than a handful and was the best player on multiple different playoff teams.

Hawkeye15
12-11-2013, 05:40 PM
Not sure Paul George is better than a prime Ron Artest who was averaging 24ppg and was the reigning DPOY when he the brawl broke out. I would put Ron at the top of that list. In his heyday he was more than a handful and was the best player on multiple different playoff teams.

because he sat out his peak time with them due to being an idiot is why.

Paul Jeffrey
12-11-2013, 05:45 PM
1. Jermaine O'Neal
2. Paul George
3. Danny Granger
4. Ron Artest
5. Reggie Miller/Roy Hibbert

I agree with this, but I wouldn't put Roy Hibbert on there. I honestly think the guy is massively overrated due to his lack of an efficient offensive game, but that's for another day.

FlashBolt
12-11-2013, 06:03 PM
Any answer not Jermaine or George is a joke. George this season is playing the best Pacers ball for a Pacer.

Knick Killer
12-11-2013, 06:14 PM
1. Paul George
2. Jermaine O'Neal
3. Old Reggie Miller
4. Roy Hibbert
5. Danny Granger

Paul Jeffrey
12-11-2013, 06:15 PM
1. Paul George
2. Jermaine O'Neal
3. Old Reggie Miller
4. Roy Hibbert
5. Danny Granger

I don't think the Old Reggie Miller was present beyond 2000, and LOL at Danny Granger getting in before Ron Artest.

MTar786
12-11-2013, 06:54 PM
I don't think the Old Reggie Miller was present beyond 2000, and LOL at Danny Granger getting in before Ron Artest.

+1

PacersForLife
12-11-2013, 07:02 PM
Jermaine O'Neal
Paul George
Ron Artest
Reggie Miller
Danny Granger

MTar786
12-11-2013, 07:04 PM

because i want nba fans opinions. I'm not a pacers fan. Im an NBA fan, yet i have an opinion about players

jacquewho?
12-11-2013, 07:32 PM
Jermaine O'Neal
Paul George
Ron Artest
Reggie Miller
Danny Granger

This, but I'd put Miller ahead of Artest. Just cause I still don't like Artest...but overall this 5 is pretty solid and I think most Pacers fans would agree with the players here.

O'Neal will always be my favorite, he was awesome to watch when he was on the court.

Paul Jeffrey
12-11-2013, 07:34 PM
This, but I'd put Miller ahead of Artest. Just cause I still don't like Artest...but overall this 5 is pretty solid and I think most Pacers fans would agree with the players here.

O'Neal will always be my favorite, he was awesome to watch when he was on the court.

There is no way in hell post 2000 Miller was better than Artest.

DreamShaker
12-11-2013, 07:36 PM

Sounds good to me. I think people tend to forget how good JO was, considering he has been hanging around past his prime for YEARS now. But he is, what, a 7 time All-Star? All of those were well deserved, as he was truly a special player.

DreamShaker
12-11-2013, 07:42 PM

Can you blame a Pacer fan for choosing Mr. Pacer over the looney that self-destructed a contending Pacers team with his insanity?

jacquewho?
12-11-2013, 07:55 PM

Can you blame a Pacer fan for choosing Mr. Pacer over the looney that self-destructed a contending Pacers team with his insanity?

Bam. Yup. For me, it's personal with him. Artest was talented as hell with us but there are a lot of people who are still bitter with him.

That 04-05 team had a chance to be special, even Reggie admitted it felt different with that squad in his 30 for 30 documentary.

Paul Jeffrey
12-11-2013, 07:58 PM
Bam. Yup. For me, it's personal with him. Artest was talented as hell with us but there are a lot of people who are still bitter with him.

That 04-05 team had a chance to be special, even Reggie admitted it felt different with that squad in his 30 for 30 documentary.

Oh, I guess I can understand that but Ron Artest was really something when he was in Indiana and was better than post 2000 Miller IMO.

I think you would agree with me if Artest didn't decide to kill that team.

jacquewho?
12-11-2013, 08:01 PM
Oh, I guess I can understand that but Ron Artest was really something when he was in Indiana and was better than post 2000 Miller IMO.

I think you would agree with me if Artest didn't decide to kill that team.

Yes I do agree. We had him in his prime years, it was fun watching him pre-brawl.

MTar786
12-12-2013, 05:14 AM
I'm actually shocked people are rating JO better than george?.. i just don't understand..

Paul Jeffrey
12-12-2013, 05:27 AM
I'm actually shocked people are rating JO better than george?.. i just don't understand..

I don't think you understand how good JO was.

PG has been great so far this year. If he can keep this up he will surpass JO but JO did it for many years, George is has done it for.....20 games?

George has always been special because of his potential and now he's starting to fulfill it.

MTar786
12-12-2013, 05:40 AM
I don't think you understand how good JO was.

PG has been great so far this year. If he can keep this up he will surpass JO but JO did it for many years, George is has done it for.....20 games?

George has always been special because of his potential and now he's starting to fulfill it.

no no, i do understand how good JO was. intact if i ever knew basketball it was from 99-05.. i was obsessed with the sport. JO was really good.. and i do somewhat understand that PG is only 20 games in.. but this guy is a diamond in the rough.. he will be far better than JO ever was.

Paul Jeffrey
12-12-2013, 06:03 AM
no no, i do understand how good JO was. intact if i ever knew basketball it was from 99-05.. i was obsessed with the sport. JO was really good.. and i do somewhat understand that PG is only 20 games in.. but this guy is a diamond in the rough.. he will be far better than JO ever was.

Whether or not he will be has nothing to do with what he is now though.

Will PG most likely end up better? Yes, but we have to wait and see we can't grade Paul George on what he might be.

That's why JO is higher than George, and IMO rightfully so.