PDA

View Full Version : Will Paul George skill-wise surpass Kevin Durant one day?

kobe4thewinbang
12-11-2013, 05:53 AM
Well? :o

hotdalton18
12-11-2013, 05:57 AM
I wish people would stop asking dumb questions about George

What about a 17 point game says he's better then Durant or could ever be him or better yet surpass him

Paul Jeffrey
12-11-2013, 05:57 AM
What do you mean skill wise?

As in who has a more diverse skill-set? Or do you mean who simply has more skill?

If the former, I think PG is already beyond KD. If the latter, I think PG will soon surpass KD in terms of skill if he continues to improve at this rate.

Would I take PG over KD? No. There isn't a player in the NBA I'd take over KD.

Paul Jeffrey
12-11-2013, 05:59 AM

What about a 17 point game says he's better then Durant or could ever be him or better yet surpass him

Huh? What 17 point game?

I don't think it's a ridiculous question. Both are young stars who are comparable due to their size and playing style.

Paul George is putting up a very impressive season so far and if he keeps this up, KD will have some company when talking about the 2nd best player in the NBA.

kobe4thewinbang
12-11-2013, 06:02 AM
What do you mean skill wise?

As in who has a more diverse skill-set? Or do you mean who simply has more skill?

If the former, I think PG is already beyond KD. If the latter, I think PG will soon surpass KD in terms of skill if he continues to improve at this rate.

Would I take PG over KD? No. There isn't a player in the NBA I'd take over KD.I'm not sure. Just kind of like who will hold down that 2nd best player in the league spot over the next 3-5 years or so? Just looking for general analysis about each player, how they differ and how good both could be at a peak/prime. Do you think George will win a ring before KD?

PacersForLife
12-11-2013, 06:32 AM

Oh so we're just going to forget the fact that LeBron also had 17, huh? Lol.

Who bases their whole opinion on a player on one performance?

Paul Jeffrey
12-11-2013, 06:59 AM
I'm not sure. Just kind of like who will hold down that 2nd best player in the league spot over the next 3-5 years or so? Just looking for general analysis about each player, how they differ and how good both could be at a peak/prime. Do you think George will win a ring before KD?

I think Paul George will win a ring before KD and not because I think he's better than KD but because he's already surrounded by a very good foundation.

Great cast around him most of whom are young or young enough to stick around and a great coach.

KD has some good pieces like Ibaka and Westbrook but that's it and OKC isn't a franchise that looks to spend spend spend.

allSUAVE
12-11-2013, 07:13 AM
Paul George overall I think it's a tab bit better.

PacersForLife
12-11-2013, 07:20 AM
KD is definitely a better scorer and I think I would still pick him ahead of PG at this point.

FraziersKnicks
12-11-2013, 08:24 AM

LeBron also had 14 rebounds and 6 assists, compared to PG's 3 and 4.

I don't think George will ever be the scorer Durant is and he certainly won't ever be close to the all-round player LeBron is, but just let him be him. The guy is a very good player and just because he doesn't do one thing as good as KD or a few things as good as LeBron doesn't mean he can't become a great player.

Capital G
12-11-2013, 09:55 AM
I don't think he will. although I think he has a better chance at winning a ring first due to the talent he is surrounded with.

BklynKnicks3
12-11-2013, 11:23 AM
This guy is becoming very overated he is not even on durants level he is a young all star that plays on maybe the best team in the nba they would be 2nd seed in east without him. He score 17 and they beat the heat that's how good his team is. His Career avg is 14 lets relax

blahblahyoutoo
12-11-2013, 11:28 AM
no, you can tell his stroke isn't as pure as durants.
athleticism is about the same for both, but durant is more agile and slippery, for lack of a better term.

jerellh528
12-11-2013, 11:46 AM
Pg will never posses the all around offensive game of durant. Durant's offense alone is better than PG's to the point where it makes up for whatever pg does better than durant, and then some.

Sly Guy
12-11-2013, 12:05 PM
I think Durant will always be the better scorer, George is the more rounded player.

ManRam
12-11-2013, 12:36 PM
PG will never have the offensive game KD has. Very, very, very few players ever have, and I just don't see that scoring ability in him. He's quite a bit away from that.

His defensive ability could get him relatively close overall, but I don't think KD is the best guy to be comparing him to.

I like George, and he's proven a lot of his worth...but I do think some of the hype is going slightly too far. I think we can be a bit more patient with our desires to put him in the KD/LeBron class. Because he's got some work to do first.

Master Mind
12-11-2013, 12:44 PM
Paul George is becoming the Derrick Rose of yester years in here smh.

SteveZissou
12-11-2013, 12:55 PM
For objectivity, if KD were on this pacers team, and PG on the thunder. Does PG keep the thunder dominant? And how high is KD's dominance ceiling when he had a supporting cast like that.

tripleplay2007
12-11-2013, 01:02 PM
For objectivity, if KD were on this pacers team, and PG on the thunder. Does PG keep the thunder dominant? And how high is KD's dominance ceiling when he had a supporting cast like that.

A Pacers team with Durant on it is damn near unstoppable, there are so many weapons on the offensive end in Indy and the defense the play is great. Where in OKC Durant doesn't have very many offensive weapons surrounding him other then Westbrook and Ibaka when he's playing hot.

ThaDubs
12-11-2013, 01:06 PM
Steph Curry is better

Curry PER: 24.49
PG PER: 24.48

shep33
12-11-2013, 01:07 PM
I love PG, I think he's already a top 5 player this year. Comparing him to KD is harsh though. KD is a monster

Somewhat off topic, but if you put KD on the Pacers... I think they would win the NBA championship and it wouldn't be close.

KD averages 29, 8.5, and 5 with over a block and a steal a game. Put him out east and those numbers probably go up.

ManRam
12-11-2013, 01:29 PM
Steph Curry is better

Yup. That sums it up. 0.01 is indisputable!

ManRam
12-11-2013, 01:31 PM
I love PG, I think he's already a top 5 player this year. Comparing him to KD is harsh though. KD is a monster

Somewhat off topic, but if you put KD on the Pacers... I think they would win the NBA championship and it wouldn't be close.

KD averages 29, 8.5, and 5 with over a block and a steal a game. Put him out east and those numbers probably go up.

Indy's problem the past two years has been offense, not defense. Some of that defensive strength is George, but obviously it's only a small fraction. KD's defense is very solid. Not PG good, but good nonetheless. The dropoff wouldn't outdo the gains the team would see offensively. I definitely agree, with KD's scoring they'd easily be the favorites IMO, even over the Heat. That would be a near perfect team.

jerellh528
12-11-2013, 01:38 PM
KD gets super underrated nowadays. He's 1 small notch below lebron and just recently turned 25.

Utd7
12-11-2013, 02:04 PM
Hard to forecast what will happen one day but at this point you would be foolish to not take Durant. Durant is much closer to LeBron than PG is thus far.

NYSpirit1
12-11-2013, 02:10 PM

This is so stupid. The Pacers are having their first elite season in years and George is off to a great start and now all of a sudden Paul George is better than Kevin Durant.

Give me a break. People get way too worked up at fast starts. The Knicks started 18-5 last season and then went 21-21 in the next 42.

Let George have a good SEASON before crowning him Michael Jordan. Please.

blahblahyoutoo
12-11-2013, 02:28 PM
This is so stupid. The Pacers are having their first elite season in years and George is off to a great start and now all of a sudden Paul George is better than Kevin Durant.

Give me a break. People get way too worked up at fast starts. The Knicks started 18-5 last season and then went 21-21 in the next 42.

he's already better than jordan.

Dade County
12-11-2013, 02:31 PM
I don't think so... I mean I really highly doubt it.

WARRIORS@GR
12-11-2013, 02:40 PM

Let George have a good SEASON before crowning him Michael Jordan. Please.This.As far as we know KD>>>PG

Big Zo
12-11-2013, 02:55 PM
Paul George will be better than MJ and LeBron combined.

Pacerlive
12-11-2013, 03:03 PM

Well to be fair the Knicks also got derailed by injuries and they are a streaky team. The Pacers team is much more consistent in their effort than New York and they are relatively healthy every year unlike the Knicks who are close to the Bulls level of a train wreck triage.

The question also is "will" he not he "is" better than KD so might we take some reading comprehension courses and try to figure out what is future tense versus present tense?

Lastly KD is great but he will always have to be paired with a elite defending wing which does limit the team quite a bit IMO. ON the Pacers team I would expect the defense to take a big hit if he was on the team and Hibbert probably would also get into foul trouble more often if he was paired with KD.

IndyRealist
12-11-2013, 03:11 PM
Steph Curry is better

This is exactly why people mistrust advanced metrics.

As far as the actual topic, KD is a much better, natural shooter than Paul George will ever be. However, Paul George is and likely will be the better defender throughout their careers.

The choice between them is really whether you want to build around a transcendent offensive player or a fantastically athletic two-way player.

mightybosstone
12-11-2013, 03:27 PM
I still think it's way too early to be thinking like this, but I also wouldn't put it outside the realm of possibility. It's unlikely that George will ever be the scorer that Durant is, and he's got a long ways to go to surpass him as a playmaker or rebounder, but he certainly has a lead on the defensive end. Statistically, George is still fairly far from Durant, but he's arguably as good as KD was at 23.

My biggest concern with George is that Durant's improvement was gradual and we've always viewed him as an elite player since his 2nd or 3rd season in the league. George's improvement, on the other hand, has been astronomical at the start of this season, and I'm not sure he can sustain this elite level of production all season long. There's still a very good chance this is an outlier and not the norm. He needs to sustain it for the rest of the year for this to be a serious discussion.

BHF
12-11-2013, 03:33 PM
Isn't Paul George almost as tall as Yao Ming by now?

SouthSideRookie
12-11-2013, 04:05 PM
I don't think he will. although I think he has a better chance at winning a ring first due to playing in a trash conference.

Fixed

This guy is becoming very overated he is not even on durants level he is a young all star that plays on maybe the best team in the nba they would be 2nd seed in east without him. He score 17 and they beat the heat that's how good his team is. His Career avg is 14 lets relax

You know it's bad when I'm agreeing with this guy lol

PacersForLife
12-11-2013, 04:31 PM
LeBron also had 14 rebounds and 6 assists, compared to PG's 3 and 4.

Yes, I know, but he didn't mention any of that.

I actually agree with you... He needs to keep this up for a year at least. I didn't make the thread, I was just responding to the guy basing their opinion off of one game...

PartyPoison15
12-11-2013, 04:45 PM
No.

No.

Just... No.

Paul Jeffrey
12-11-2013, 04:57 PM

This is so ridiculous.

The Pacers are the best team in large part BECAUSE of him, he's not just along for the ride. All Knicks fans claimed Melo was so great because he was leading the Knicks last year to a good record, but Paul George leads his team to the best record and he's just along for the ride? Cmon man.

How is he very overrated? There is nothing overrated about his game, he can do just about everything at a high level.

Career average? Really? You're gonna use career average on a guy who is in his 4th year and still improving? If we're gonna do that,

Paul Jeffrey
12-11-2013, 04:59 PM
Pg will never posses the all around offensive game of durant. Durant's offense alone is better than PG's to the point where it makes up for whatever pg does better than durant, and then some.

Durant's offense is indeed superior to George's, but it's not as big a difference as you're making it out to be.

Paul George can score. He is one of the better scorer's in the NBA.

koreancabbage
12-11-2013, 07:42 PM
This is so ridiculous.

The Pacers are the best team in large part BECAUSE of him, he's not just along for the ride. All Knicks fans claimed Melo was so great because he was leading the Knicks last year to a good record, but Paul George leads his team to the best record and he's just along for the ride? Cmon man.

How is he very overrated? There is nothing overrated about his game, he can do just about everything at a high level.

Career average? Really? You're gonna use career average on a guy who is in his 4th year and still improving? If we're gonna do that,

hibbert and west. these are the players that brings them over the top. not george.

jacquewho?
12-11-2013, 07:42 PM
As a Pacers fan I would take KD over PG. Right now, KD is a pure scorer, he's got a killer 1st step. Having watched the Pacers/thunder game a few days ago, that is one thing I noticed (the 1st step) that KD has over PG.

Hard to say talent wise who will be better but I'm sure they will both be in discussion for top 5 players in the league for a very long time.

Wade n Fade
12-11-2013, 07:46 PM
Anything can happen in sports, that's just a simple accepted rule in general. Right now, KD is the best scorer in the league and can play well without the ball my looking to get some people involved. PG is just a guy getting into his prime and he has a ton of talent and potential left in him. I think his defending is better than KD. Time will tell, but I take KD over PG right now and for the near future.

jacquewho?
12-11-2013, 07:51 PM
hibbert and west. these are the players that brings them over the top. not george.

Eh I disagree. This year George's confidence is leaps and bounds above what it was during the playoffs and the last half of regular season last year. Hibbert is starting to play like the max contract player he is, and just look at PG numbers difference from last season....

12/13: 37 minutes/game, FGM 6, FGA 14, 36% from 3PT, 7.6 rebounds/game, 17.4 PPG
13/14: 36.8 minutes/game, FGM 8, FGA 18, 42% from 3PT, 5.7 reb/game, 24.7 ppg

So his minutes have stayed the same, but his FG% has jumped by almost 6%. I'd say he's a more "polished" shooter this year and more consistent.

IMO it's George/Hibbert. No one person leads this team, it's done collectively.

koreancabbage
12-11-2013, 07:56 PM
Eh I disagree. This year George's confidence is leaps and bounds above what it was during the playoffs and the last half of regular season last year. Hibbert is starting to play like the max contract player he is, and just look at PG numbers difference from last season....

12/13: 37 minutes/game, FGM 6, FGA 14, 36% from 3PT, 7.6 rebounds/game, 17.4 PPG
13/14: 36.8 minutes/game, FGM 8, FGA 18, 42% from 3PT, 5.7 reb/game, 24.7 ppg

So his minutes have stayed the same, but his FG% has jumped by almost 6%. I'd say he's a more "polished" shooter this year and more consistent.

IMO it's George/Hibbert. No one person leads this team, it's done collectively.

i'm sorry but Hibbert and West are one of the main reasons why they are one of the best teams in league. Their front court duo inside allows George et al to have great shots. I don't think I can come up with a team with a better front court duo than the Pacers.

I was at the game last night and he put up a quiet 17 points. He gets a lot of open three pointers due to the fact Hibbert and West are load under the basket.

no hibbert or west, Pacers aren't that much of a threat.

jerellh528
12-11-2013, 08:00 PM
Durant's offense is indeed superior to George's, but it's not as big a difference as you're making it out to be.

Paul George can score. He is one of the better scorer's in the NBA.

One of the better scorers isn't the same as the best scorer. Durant doubles his offensive output on far superior efficiency. He's not close to durant there, nobody in the nba is so that's not a fault on George.

Paul Jeffrey
12-11-2013, 08:05 PM

Roy Hibbert, a player who is incredibly inefficient from the offensive end and David West a role player is what makes the Pacers the best team in the NBA? Not Paul George, the kid averaging 25 points on 47% shooting from the field to go along with 6 rebounds and 4 assists? Yeah okay.

jacquewho?
12-11-2013, 08:07 PM
i'm sorry but Hibbert and West are one of the main reasons why they are one of the best teams in league. Their front court duo inside allows George et al to have great shots. I don't think I can come up with a team with a better front court duo than the Pacers.

I was at the game last night and he put up a quiet 17 points. He gets a lot of open three pointers due to the fact Hibbert and West are load under the basket.

no hibbert or west, Pacers aren't that much of a threat.

You are using one game as a sample size to judge someone?

I think if you take Hibbert out of the team, then yes we aren't anywhere near where we are today. But Paul is regularly our number 1 option on offense. Last night you had to go with Hibbert...he destroyed them in the ECF last season, so is that not a wise strategy to play to your strengths? What do you have to say about the Portland game when Paul was the only one to score over 16 pts for the team? Keep in mind Hibbert shot just under 50% that night with only 16 points. Not that important, huh? Go watch the last 3 minutes of that game and try to tell me that he isn't our number 1 scoring option for this team.

koreancabbage
12-11-2013, 08:17 PM
Roy Hibbert, a player who is incredibly inefficient from the offensive end and David West a role player is what makes the Pacers the best team in the NBA? Not Paul George, the kid averaging 25 points on 47% shooting from the field to go along with 6 rebounds and 4 assists? Yeah okay.

no doubt George is a great player. not saying that he isn't. The Pacers size is what makes them a great team. you take away one of the Hibbert or West from the Pacers - they aren't anything special. George will probably be less efficient. He gets a ton of wide open shots bc of his bigs - as unefficient as people say they are: they are still HUGE threats for the Pacers i.e. Hibbert and West are far from scrubs.

I think people are overlooking this fact on why the Pacers are good team. they have mobile size ,outside shooting. and they have a great coach.

George isn't going to win you the East when Lebron is there. Its David West or Roy Hibbert.

jerellh528
12-11-2013, 08:26 PM
no doubt George is a great player. not saying that he isn't. The Pacers size is what makes them a great team. you take away one of the Hibbert or West from the Pacers - they aren't anything special. George will probably be less efficient. He gets a ton of wide open shots bc of his bigs - as unefficient as people say they are: they are still HUGE threats for the Pacers i.e. Hibbert and West are from scrubs.

I think people are overlooking this fact on why the Pacers are good team. they have mobile size ,outside shooting. and they have a great coach.

George isn't going to win you the East when Lebron is there. Its David West or Roy Hibbert.

George most definitely puts them over the top, the same way Lebron does for the heat and Durant for Okc. Of course they have great teams around them as well but pg is a top 10 player, those are the glue guys. Guys like west can be easily replaced, you can't easily replace a top 10 player.

jacquewho?
12-11-2013, 08:27 PM
no doubt George is a great player. not saying that he isn't. The Pacers size is what makes them a great team. you take away one of the Hibbert or West from the Pacers - they aren't anything special. George will probably be less efficient. He gets a ton of wide open shots bc of his bigs - as unefficient as people say they are: they are still HUGE threats for the Pacers i.e. Hibbert and West are far from scrubs.

Doesn't George fit the bill for those two categories?

koreancabbage
12-11-2013, 08:30 PM
George most definitely puts them over the top, the same way Lebron does for the heat and Durant for Okc. Of course they have great teams around them as well but pg is a top 10 player, those are the glue guys. Guys like west can be easily replaced, you can't easily replace a top 10 player.

WEst is essentially the soul of this team. he pumps them up, he's a great leader. not easily replaceable.

Its the glue guys that put these stars over the top. without great role players, **** can't get done. Lebron vs Durant vs George. I'm sorry but the glue guys are going help them beat the other's team.

koreancabbage
12-11-2013, 08:31 PM
Doesn't George fit the bill for those two categories?

yes. of course he does. i didn't say anything contradictory. I said Paul George is still an amazing player.

Paul Jeffrey
12-11-2013, 08:33 PM

I understand your points but why do you only look at it one way? Yeah if West or Hibbert were off the team George would get more double coverages, but that doesn't mean he's not the biggest reason they are where they are.

You said if you take away Hibbert or West they aren't special. What if you take away George? Do they even have 10 wins up to this point without him? I don't think so, they have nobody to score the ball without him.

David West is not all that big. He's only 6'9 250. And Roy Hibbert isn't mobile like you said he was, he's very very slow footed.

People keep mentioning Indiana's size and a big reason they have such a size advantage is because of Paul George, he can shoot right over people. There is no shooting guard in the NBA that is going to be able to bother his jump shot due to his massive height advantage.

Down low, in the front court Roy Hibbert is their only player with massive size and size is only useful when you're up against a team that is small like Miami.

I think you're talking more about match-ups than about being great.

jerellh528
12-11-2013, 08:37 PM
WEst is essentially the soul of this team. he pumps them up, he's a great leader. not easily replaceable.

Its the glue guys that put these stars over the top. without great role players, **** can't get done. Lebron vs Durant vs George. I'm sorry but the glue guys are going help them beat the other's team.

Pg accounts for about 30% of Indiana's offensive production. I'm pretty sure that's more than anyone else in the nba.

koreancabbage
12-11-2013, 08:42 PM
I understand your points but why do you only look at it one way? Yeah if West or Hibbert were off the team George would get more double coverages, but that doesn't mean he's not the biggest reason they are where they are.

You said if you take away Hibbert or West they aren't special. What if you take away George? Do they even have 10 wins up to this point without him? I don't think so, they have nobody to score the ball without him.

David West is not all that big. He's only 6'9 250. And Roy Hibbert isn't mobile like you said he was, he's very very slow footed.

People keep mentioning Indiana's size and a big reason they have such a size advantage is because of Paul George, he can shoot right over people. There is no shooting guard in the NBA that is going to be able to bother his jump shot due to his massive height advantage.

Down low, in the front court Roy Hibbert is their only player with massive size and size is only useful when you're up against a team that is small like Miami.

I think you're talking more about match-ups than about being great.

first off, he's not a shooting guard anymore. have people not watch the Pacers at all lately. he's moved on to the SF spot.

LOL @ Hibbert being useful ONLY smaller teams like the Heat. Okay there. Hibbert and West play high low all the time and they threats from those two areas, even if they aren't efficient. Hibbert is still mobile (albiet not fast). This is where the good offense starts. you have a great shooter like George, you dump down inside until the double comes and you swing the ball.

and yes - it is also about matchups. If the Pacers have ANY chance to make it to the Finals, most likely facing off Miami, they have to use Hibbert and West effectively. That's who won them the game yesterday ultimately. not George.

koreancabbage
12-11-2013, 08:48 PM
Pg accounts for about 30% of Indiana's offensive production. I'm pretty sure that's more than anyone else in the nba.

where did you get 30% - just curious.

Paul George is a stud. He's in a great situation as well with a great coach. he's a got a great demeanor to him as well. definitely jelly he isn't on the Raptors lol

PacersForLife
12-11-2013, 08:50 PM

No doubt about that. Had West not come here a few years ago, who knows what this team looks like today.

Paul Jeffrey
12-11-2013, 08:51 PM
first off, he's not a shooting guard anymore. have people not watch the Pacers at all lately. he's moved on to the SF spot.

LOL @ Hibbert being useful ONLY smaller teams like the Heat. Okay there. Hibbert and West play high low all the time and they threats from those two areas, even if they aren't efficient. Hibbert is still mobile (albiet not fast). This is where the good offense starts. you have a great shooter like George, you dump down inside until the double comes and you swing the ball.

and yes - it is also about matchups. If the Pacers have ANY chance to make it to the Finals, most likely facing off Miami, they have to use Hibbert and West effectively. That's who won them the game yesterday ultimately. not George.

I'm not talking about who won them the game, I'm talking about who makes the team better.

You only talking about the consequences that comes to Paul George if Hibbert isn't there. What if George isn't there? Hibbert will see more double teams and his already bad FG% will drop even more.

Yes Hibbert is slow, very slow just like Brook Lopez.

koreancabbage
12-11-2013, 08:56 PM
I'm not talking about who won them the game, I'm talking about who makes the team better.

You only talking about the consequences that comes to Paul George if Hibbert isn't there. What if George isn't there? Hibbert will see more double teams and his already bad FG% will drop even more.

Yes Hibbert is slow, very slow just like Brook Lopez.

in all honesty i think the Pacers are a great team. I think if you take off either George (obviously the biggest loss), Hibbert, or West, they would not be as successful. I don't think it matters who I think is the most important but I think we can agree that losing any of these players and the Pacers would not be as good. Each of these players bring something to the team and if one of them was missing, I truly don't think the Pacers are as good. George needs West and Hibbert and vice versa.

Am I wrong to say WEst and Hibbert brings them over the top? no. When have you ever heard of player going to a team and say this player will bring them over the top... and that player traded was a superstar? NEVER.

its ALWAYS about the glue guys. They say that everytime a team WITH a superstar gets these glue/role players. no exception here. West and Hibbert.

Paul Jeffrey
12-11-2013, 08:58 PM
in all honesty i think the Pacers are a great team. I think if you take off either George (obviously the biggest loss), Hibbert, or West, they would not be as successful. I don't think it matters who I think is the most important but I think we can agree that losing any of these players and the Pacers would not be as good. Each of these players bring something to the team and if one of them was missing, I truly don't think the Pacers are as good. George needs West and Hibbert and vice versa.

Obviously.

I do think West or the most expendable of the 3.

ThaDubs
12-11-2013, 09:00 PM
This is exactly why people mistrust advanced metrics.

As far as the actual topic, KD is a much better, natural shooter than Paul George will ever be. However, Paul George is and likely will be the better defender throughout their careers.

The choice between them is really whether you want to build around a transcendent offensive player or a fantastically athletic two-way player.

Why? Because they're always 100% accurate and prove things you don't like?

koreancabbage
12-11-2013, 09:01 PM
Obviously.

I think the Pacers will miss a step if they lose West. I think most Pacers fans can agree on - they love David West there in Indiana. He's part of their identity. David West is a tough mudder.

FlashBolt
12-11-2013, 09:45 PM
No. Make no mistake, Pacers don't rely on George as much as OKC and Miami rely on Durant/Bron. Hibbert anchors that defense - not George. Sorry but if you take George out of Pacers, he would have a tough time carrying a team by himself. Pacers were already tough before George came into play.

NBA_Starter
12-11-2013, 09:51 PM
Not a chance..

ThaDubs
12-11-2013, 09:56 PM
Kevin Durant = 1st b HOF lock
George = ≤Tracy McGrady

KnicksorBust
12-11-2013, 11:12 PM
Skill-wise is vague... especially considering both have a clear and significant edge on one side of the ball. Overall it all depends how you weight them.

b@llhog24
12-11-2013, 11:30 PM
No.

Gibby23
12-12-2013, 12:11 AM
Head to Head in a game or series against each other, Ill take George. Fresno State baby!

Gibby23
12-12-2013, 12:11 AM
Kevin Durant = 1st b HOF lock
George = ≤Tracy McGrady

False. T Mac in his prime was better than KD.

ThaDubs
12-12-2013, 12:16 AM

We are not talking about how good people were in there primes. I'm just saying KD is going to be a better player than Tmac career wise (and I guarantee when KD is in his prime he will be better than prime Tmac).

THE MTL
12-15-2013, 11:17 PM
Paul George will be better than Michael Jordan when its all said and done.

WES KOAST
12-16-2013, 01:03 AM

seriously?

mrblisterdundee
12-16-2013, 04:42 AM
At this point, I'd say Durant's better offensively, and George is better defensively. That dynamic will continue, and Durant and George will be fairly competitive forces.

Pacerlive
12-16-2013, 11:13 AM
Obviously.

West of the three is but those other two guys are franchise cornerstones and he can be that type of player as well IMO. Of course at his age he won't be for long but West is the third best player on that squad hands down. You don't easily replace those guys but that's 2.5 years down the road so I am not worried in the least.

ManRam
12-16-2013, 12:38 PM
At this point, I'd say Durant's better offensively, and George is better defensively. That dynamic will continue, and Durant and George will be fairly competitive forces.

I think the gap between their offensive abilities is far great than the gap between their defensive abilities :shrug:

KD really isn't a bad defender, and is a historically great offensive player. George has increased his offensive abilities, but last year he really wasn't anything to write home about. He's made big strides, but I want to see it sustained before I start getting terribly excited. Because last year, offensively, comparing them would be like comparing a Bentley to a Honda.

jstone0716
12-16-2013, 12:40 PM
No idea. Both will be greats if they stay healthy, if PG keeps going at the rate he's going he surely could surpass KD but I just don't know if he can keep his efficiency at such a high level.

waveycrockett
12-16-2013, 12:57 PM
I dont think offensively he ever will but I think because of how well he plays defense he will eventually be a better all around player. He's a great defensive player and already a really good offensive player

aztr0
12-16-2013, 03:04 PM
No.

jerellh528
12-16-2013, 03:10 PM
I dont think offensively he ever will but I think because of how well he plays defense he will eventually be a better all around player. He's a great defensive player and already a really good offensive player

Dude, durants only older by 1 year and some change. Who's to say durant isn't still progressing and wont get better on defense as well, he's not a bad defender to begin with and has the tools to improve. People are enamored with PG, but forget how young KD still is. KD hasn't even hit his prime yet.

BklynKnicks3
12-16-2013, 03:40 PM
this is totally idiotic PG is not even on LeBron level and I hate the guy, He not on Durant level either guy av 14 his career lmao he been a star 1 month