PDA

View Full Version : Seth Curry, Bobby Brown, Darius Morris...why aren't these guys getting NBA workouts?

KniCks4LiFe
12-09-2013, 11:12 PM
I can think of teams, I mean plural in the eastern conference alone that could use them. I can think of a few in the west that can use them.

Seth Curry, the guy has the Curry gene is young, can be a 9th or 10th man in this league
Bobby [Every step I take] Brown not being on an NBA roster is an insult
Darius Morris

why aren't these guys getting any workouts wit any NBA team.

WARRIORS@GR
12-09-2013, 11:21 PM
I read a report about Seth Curry and Grizzlies,maybe he's trying out for them.

KniCks4LiFe
12-09-2013, 11:30 PM
good for him if that's true. Seriously, look at the Bulls, the Nets, the freaking Cav, etc.. there's a lot of teams that can use a SG that can bank 8 or 9 pts off that bench.

KniCks4LiFe
12-09-2013, 11:34 PM
does anyone know what Bobby [don't be cruel] Brown is doing in Europe?

TheNumber37
12-09-2013, 11:53 PM
Bobby was holding out for the chance to place with the Knicks, who were smart in keeping Toure Murray but foolish into give a roster spot to Chris Smith, J.R's Brother.

mightybosstone
12-10-2013, 12:12 AM
Honestly, I don't think any of these guys would have a legitimate effect on any NBA team. The reason they're not getting a chance either means they aren't good enough or there's something off the court that is preventing them from getting work. But you're talking about a multi-billion dollar league. I highly doubt that 30 teams who judge NBA talent for a living have overlooked these supposed studs.

MrfadeawayJB
12-10-2013, 12:15 AM
I read a report about Seth Curry and Grizzlies,maybe he's trying out for them.

Curry, Morris and Reggie Williams are all working out for the grizz right now

KniCks4LiFe
12-10-2013, 12:34 AM
Honestly, I don't think any of these guys would have a legitimate effect on any NBA team. The reason they're not getting a chance either means they aren't good enough or there's something off the court that is preventing them from getting work. But you're talking about a multi-billion dollar league. I highly doubt that 30 teams who judge NBA talent for a living have overlooked these supposed studs.

no one said they are stars, but they could certainly get some burn in the NBA. There are too many (-) players in the NBA w/ low IQ's to not think these kats couldn't.

WARRIORS@GR
12-10-2013, 12:48 AM
does anyone know what Bobby [don't be cruel] Brown is doing in Europe?
Bobby Brown was killing it over here in Euroleague in terms of scoring.But this was last year.I think he plays in China now.

CityofChaos
12-10-2013, 01:00 AM
Seth Curry isn't fit for the NBA. The only player that can get away with being an undersized guard with no athletic ability and isn't a pure point guard is Stephen Curry who is far more superior than his brother in terms of talent.

bucketss
12-10-2013, 01:15 AM
bobby brown yes, but the other to, i don't think they're very good.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-10-2013, 02:54 AM
Morris is on 76ers :confused:

SMH!
12-10-2013, 03:33 AM
Morris is on 76ers :confused:

Nope, he had his chance and got cut

TheMightyHumph
12-10-2013, 03:41 AM
I can think of teams, I mean plural in the eastern conference alone that could use them. I can think of a few in the west that can use them.

Seth Curry, the guy has the Curry gene is young, can be a 9th or 10th man in this league
Bobby [Every step I take] Brown not being on an NBA roster is an insult
Darius Morris

why aren't these guys getting any workouts wit any NBA team.

Because life, NBA-wise and otherwise is cruel.

Why aren't Delonte West and CDR on some NBA roster? For the same reason.

torocan
12-10-2013, 09:46 AM
Seth Curry isn't fit for the NBA. The only player that can get away with being an undersized guard with no athletic ability and isn't a pure point guard is Stephen Curry who is far more superior than his brother in terms of talent.

Not sure I'd completely buy that argument. If anything I'd argue that Seth Curry could easily fill a 3rd string role on any number of teams.

That said, how many teams are in a position in terms of roster that they would *cut* someone for Seth Curry right now? Memphis is working him out at the moment, so there's no telling when/if Seth Curry will get picked up.

The problem is that 3rd stringers aren't an uncommon commodity. There's a ton of players floating in the D-League that are viable 3rd stringers/10 day contract types and a very limited number of spots.

Now, if you're talking bench/rotation players, I do agree that I don't believe that Seth Curry is ready yet. He's basically an undersized shooting guard at this point in his development, and while he is supposed to be developing his PG skills in the D-League, he's some way from being a viable PG on the 2nd or 3rd string.

Give him a year in the D-League and I think Seth Curry could develop into a decent bench player for next year.

2-ONE-5
12-10-2013, 09:48 AM
curry has foot problems going back to last year so that probably has played a role. Darius Morris flat out stinks and he had his chance here in Philly and was cut.

rhymeratic
12-10-2013, 11:30 AM
It's like anything in life. Sometimes its about money. The end of the bench doesn't get into games like that so if you already got a minimum guy like a Chris Smith there... why bother making the switch, he'll never see the light of day and if anything it keeps JR in check and MAYBE he turns into something. No big deal for 1 year. Next year we can find another.

bleedprple&gold
12-10-2013, 11:33 AM
These guys really arent that good to be this shocked they are not in the nba.

ManningToTyree
12-10-2013, 12:13 PM
Brown almost made the Knicks. He can score a little bit and could definitely be on the end of a bench.

I don't know enough about the other two. Seth didn't seem overly impressive in college and he doesn't have his brother's stroke

ManRam
12-10-2013, 01:20 PM
Because they aren't good :shrug:

There are probably less deserving players currently rostered, for sure. I'm sure there are a good amount of players that a team would love to replace if it weren't for the fact that those players on the roster are already getting paid. The upgrade from going from, let's say the crud that is Marquis Teague, to a Bobby Brown isn't significant. Especially considering you're already paying Teague a million bucks. Cut Teague and sign Brown and you're paying even more for just slightly more. Worth it? In today's CBS climate? Maybe not

If contracts weren't guaranteed I'm sure more of these guys would be rostered, but that's not the case.

Bang Bros89
12-10-2013, 01:42 PM
Bobby B. can't come back to the NBA until the Chinese season is over. So he's stuck in China until March

NoahH
12-10-2013, 01:44 PM
Seth Curry COULD be good, but right now he's a undersized SG who can only shoot who will get destroyed on defense by bigger, quicker guards.

RLundi
12-10-2013, 01:47 PM
Honestly, because they are all horrible.