PDA

View Full Version : Add Prime Alonzo Mourning to Current Heat and Prime Hakeem to Current Rockets

JordansBulls
12-09-2013, 09:05 PM
Add Prime Alonzo Mourning to Current Heat and Prime Hakeem to Current Rockets

Who wins in a series?

Heat
PG Mario
SG Wade
SF Lebron
PF Bosh
C Alonzo

Rockets
PG Brooks
SG Harden
SF Parsons
PF Dwight
C Hakeem

Raps18-19 Champ
12-09-2013, 09:07 PM
I'd lean towards the Rockets I guess.

Slug3
12-09-2013, 09:10 PM
So and Hakeem would be a great defensive match. Howard and Bosh would be a weird match up, I just don't know of Howard would be able to play the PF, but Rockets would have a great defensive front court.

WARRIORS@GR
12-09-2013, 09:12 PM
What is Brooks doing in the starting lineup?

Chronz
12-09-2013, 09:15 PM
What is Brooks doing in the starting lineup? this

Heediot
12-09-2013, 09:17 PM
Pretty close, I think Heat have better chemistry. Unless the Rockets are allowed to trade Howard, I'm leaning towards Miami.

Bishnoff
12-09-2013, 09:28 PM
I go with the Heat. People forget how good a prime Zo was, on both ends of the court.

No disrespect to Hakeem but I think Zo would be a better fit with the Heat, who are already the better team currently.

DreamShaker
12-09-2013, 09:52 PM
Really close. I go with the Heat only due to chemistry. Dwight and Hakeem are an odd fit.

DreamShaker
12-09-2013, 09:54 PM
I go with the Heat. People forget how good a prime Zo was, on both ends of the court.

No disrespect to Hakeem but I think Zo would be a better fit with the Heat, who are already the better team currently.

You aren't dissing Dream. It really is an odd fit.

Bishnoff
12-09-2013, 09:59 PM
You aren't dissing Dream. It really is an odd fit.

I think Moses Malone or Barkley would probably be a better fit with the current Rockets:

Lin
Harden
Parsons
Moses Malone/Barkley
Dwight

Either that or go with Hakeem and trade Dwight for a quality PF.

Cal827
12-09-2013, 10:04 PM
Miami I think would win it.

Zo isn't as good as Hakeem, but I would feel that Hakeem would be basically be stuck focusing on him (since Zo was a good offensive C a as well)

Wade/Harden is a wash, or at this point, maybe a little in Houston's favor
Brooks vs Chalmers is a Wash

Lebron is better than Parsons by quite a bit (not to insult Parsons; Lebron dominates pretty much any SF other than George/Durant)

The main match-up I see here is Dwight vs Bosh. At PF (his natural position), Chris would be able to play to his main game (as a face-up/stretch 4). This would pull Dwight away from where he is best (in the post/paint). Dwight's game is also very bad from like 10 feet away from the Rim. I think Bosh would be able to at least pretty much counter out Dwight at the 4, if not beat him outright.

Although, I would not be surprised if they have Hakeem take Bosh a couple times as Hakeem is much better defensively than Dwight is, and can move outside too, while Dwight deals with the post attack of Alonzo.

mightybosstone
12-09-2013, 10:07 PM
For one, Dwight wouldn't be starting at PF. Hakeem would. He was far more athletic and versatile offensively and defensively than Dwight, and would be a much better fit at the 4 than Dwight would be. Secondly, why in the hell is Brooks starting at PG instead of Beverley or Lin? The Rockets are already at a disadvantage because the Heat are a better basketball team, and then you're addressing the Heat's biggest holes without addressing the Rockets biggest holes. Then you apparently give the Rockets their third string PG, which makes even less sense.

This whole thread is a miserable failure, but assuming you give the Rockets Lin or Beverley instead of Brooks and Hakeem gets to start at the 4, I'd give a slight edge to Houston. That defense would be absolutely disgusting.

ztilzer31
12-09-2013, 10:07 PM
Prime Tim Hardaway/Prime Moses Malone instead.

UPRock
12-09-2013, 10:25 PM
Miami with a legit All Star Center? I'd take them.

FlashBolt
12-10-2013, 04:24 AM
Lol. Miami with a legit center could make a case as being one of the best teams in the history. As good as Hakeem is, that team doesn't make sense. Not to mention the fact that Alonzo in his prime was a defensive beast as well. Better player = Hakeem. Better impact would be Zo.

Slug3
12-10-2013, 04:38 AM
For one, Dwight wouldn't be starting at PF. Hakeem would. He was far more athletic and versatile offensively and defensively than Dwight, and would be a much better fit at the 4 than Dwight would be. Secondly, why in the hell is Brooks starting at PG instead of Beverley or Lin? The Rockets are already at a disadvantage because the Heat are a better basketball team, and then you're addressing the Heat's biggest holes without addressing the Rockets biggest holes. Then you apparently give the Rockets their third string PG, which makes even less sense.

This whole thread is a miserable failure, but assuming you give the Rockets Lin or Beverley instead of Brooks and Hakeem gets to start at the 4, I'd give a slight edge to Houston. That defense would be absolutely disgusting.

Zo would totally shut down Howard.

TylerSL
12-10-2013, 05:53 AM
Heat would win, though it would be closer if Hakeem was PF and guarded Bosh while Dwight guarded Zo. Bosh would expose Dwight and keep him from the basket where he is at his worst. Hakeem was more versatile than Dwight and would be better suited for guarding Bosh. I think Beverley should start for Houston and he would give Chalmers trouble with his defense and vice versa. They would probably end up pressing each other making it difficult to get the ball up and down the court.

PG Chalmers-Beverley: Both are very good defenders and would create quite a bit of turnovers, but I'd give advantage to Chalmers because he is a much better shooter.
SG Wade-Harden: I'd give the advantage to a healthy Wade only because he is more efficient. Very close though.
SF Lebron-Parsons: Lebron would decimate Parsons offensively and defensively. However, Parsons could sneak away from Lebron and get open 3's if Lebron needed to help out on either Harden or Hakeem though.
PF Bosh-Hakeem: Advantage Rockets, while Bosh would keep Hakeem away from basket, Hakeem would be athletic and physical enough to really get under Bosh's skin, much like KG used to. Bosh would be at a disadvantage defensively against Hakeem as well.
C Alonso-Dwight: Advantage Heat because Zo would be able to score on Dwight as he was a very good offensive Center, he would hit the baby hook and Dwight wouldn't be able to stop it. Dwight also would have a very hard time scoring against Zo's defense.

Rockets Bench (Lin, Asik, Brooks, Garcia, Caspi, Jones, Motiejunas)-Heat Bench (Cole, Allen, Battier, Beasley, Bird, Haslem, Lewis): Advantage Heat Bench, great 3pt shooting, Bird is very active in the paint, and they all work so well with members of the starting unit. Put 4 of any of them out there with Lebron and they can just spread the floor so well.

In a 7 game series, I'd say Heat in 6

Dade County
12-10-2013, 08:56 AM
I would love to watch that series... Lots of star power, and two teams that would bring that defense.

tr3ymill3r
12-10-2013, 09:06 AM
Make it Zo and Barkley.

bagwell368
12-10-2013, 09:36 AM
Why a Center to a team with a Center and meh PF?

How about prime KG to the Rockets instead? That's a better fit.

Heatcheck
12-10-2013, 10:09 AM
Why a Center to a team with a Center and meh PF?

How about prime KG to the Rockets instead? That's a better fit.

while we're at it, lets make it prime Wilt to the heat

Hawkeye15
12-10-2013, 11:49 AM
I think Moses Malone or Barkley would probably be a better fit with the current Rockets:

Lin
Harden
Parsons
Moses Malone/Barkley
Dwight

if you swapped out Hakeem for Barkley, I agree, this becomes a logical debate. Howard always needs that stretch 4, the only issue I see is that now you have Barkley and Harden, both of whom don't guard anyone. But Beverley, Parsons, and Howard do. And their offensive firepower is sick. But the Heat defense now just got a backbone to go with it's elite perimeter, swarming defense. Good luck now that LeBron and company get to gamble knowing there is a rim protector behind them.

Hawkeye15
12-10-2013, 11:50 AM

Heat's defense would be even better imo. Add Zo to their already elite defense? Rockets are an above average NBA defense, the Heat have been elite for 4 seasons now.

ManningToTyree
12-10-2013, 12:09 PM
I'll take the Heat. Dream was a better player but Zo was a monster in his prime and the Heat team seems like it would mesh better.

BKLYNpigeon
12-10-2013, 12:44 PM
please stop these dumb threads.

RLundi
12-10-2013, 01:54 PM
I'm picking the Heat.

No one can guard Hakeem but you'll be hard-pressed to find much better interior defenders than a prime Zo. Outside of that, he's a decent scorer that can take the pressure off of LeBron. The Heat would be UNSTOPPABLE with a dominant big man, even one that has to counter Olajuwon.

The only thing I'd be concerned with is Wade. If this was a few seasons ago, I'd say the Heat would have the decided advantage. But D-Wade is a shell of himself. I still think LeBron's brilliance, Bosh's jumper from 15 out, and Wade finding SOME portion of the magic he once had is enough for the Heat to overcome the Rockets.

Plus, I'm not sure if Hakeem and Dwight would work on offense. Seems like there would be a lot of clutter. Defensively, it'd be disgusting. Either way, Heat in 7.

WadeKobe
12-10-2013, 06:03 PM
I'm picking the Heat.

No one can guard Hakeem but you'll be hard-pressed to find much better interior defenders than a prime Zo. Outside of that, he's a decent scorer that can take the pressure off of LeBron. The Heat would be UNSTOPPABLE with a dominant big man, even one that has to counter Olajuwon.

The only thing I'd be concerned with is Wade. If this was a few seasons ago, I'd say the Heat would have the decided advantage. But D-Wade is a shell of himself. I still think LeBron's brilliance, Bosh's jumper from 15 out, and Wade finding SOME portion of the magic he once had is enough for the Heat to overcome the Rockets.

Plus, I'm not sure if Hakeem and Dwight would work on offense. Seems like there would be a lot of clutter. Defensively, it'd be disgusting. Either way, Heat in 7.

People keep sayin this about Wade by it isn't true. The numbers simply don't back it up, unless you go by PER or points. Is he what he once was? No. Is he a shell of it? Hell no.

He was great in the regular season last year and was great when he felt good in the playoffs.

When he is hurt his production and play go down, but people act as if he is permanently injured. Lol.

JordansBulls
12-10-2013, 06:17 PM
I'm picking the Heat.

You realize there were times where Zo didnt score much in his prime and this with Tim Hardaway and Jamal Mashburn on the team. I see no instance here where he will be scoring much with Wade and Lebron here and then factor in Bosh as well.

RLundi
12-10-2013, 06:20 PM
People keep sayin this about Wade by it isn't true. The numbers simply don't back it up, unless you go by PER or points. Is he what he once was? No. Is he a shell of it? Hell no.

He was great in the regular season last year and was great when he felt good in the playoffs.

When he is hurt his production and play go down, but people act as if he is permanently injured. Lol.

He's already missed like 6 games this year and he's probably going to miss many more, for precautionary reasons. That doesn't sound like a player that's near being over the hill? If he's in preservation mode, what are they trying to preserve? Whatever he has left.

RLundi
12-10-2013, 06:22 PM
You realize there were times where Zo didnt score much in his prime and this with Tim Hardaway and Jamal Mashburn on the team. I see no instance here where he will be scoring much with Wade and Lebron here and then factor in Bosh as well.

What are you even talking about? Who said anything about Zo having to be a primary scorer?

JordansBulls
12-10-2013, 06:31 PM
What are you even talking about? Who said anything about Zo having to be a primary scorer?

You said he was scorer who could take pressure off Lebron. He isn't going to be taking pressure off Lebron on that team scoring wise.

THE MTL
12-10-2013, 06:40 PM
Dwight cant play the PF. So youre basically giving the Heat the only thing it is preventing them from sweeping championships which is a center and prime Zo is top tier center

Heediot
12-10-2013, 06:59 PM
double

Heediot
12-10-2013, 06:59 PM
You said he was scorer who could take pressure off Lebron. He isn't going to be taking pressure off Lebron on that team scoring wise.

IMO he would be the third option. A good low post guy like him is invaluable especially in this day and age. Against some match-ups you would have to use him to exploit the opposition.

mightybosstone
12-10-2013, 07:07 PM
Heat's defense would be even better imo. Add Zo to their already elite defense? Rockets are an above average NBA defense, the Heat have been elite for 4 seasons now.

But the Rockets would have two of the best defensive player of the last 20 years in the same front court.

hidalgo
12-10-2013, 07:14 PM
You aren't dissing Dream.I've never heard anyone do it. I don't even think it's legal to diss The Dream. i'm pretty sure you go straight to jail if you talk bad about Olajuwon's game

ricky recon
12-10-2013, 07:43 PM
Miami in a landslide.

Better question would be: Would a '13 Houston team with Hakeem beat this Heat team?

mightybosstone
12-10-2013, 08:08 PM
Miami in a landslide.

Better question would be: Would a '13 Houston team with Hakeem beat this Heat team?

This is idiotic. Taking a team that's already a contender and adding one of the 10 greatest players in NBA history would make them overwhelming favorites, especially considering Miami's gaping hole in the front court.

ricky recon
12-10-2013, 09:51 PM
This is idiotic. Taking a team that's already a contender and adding one of the 10 greatest players in NBA history would make them overwhelming favorites, especially considering Miami's gaping hole in the front court.

The Heat are back to back world champions, with a player who will go down as one of the best players of all time.

What is idiotic is saying a currently slated 5th seed team that hasn't won a playoff series in the last four years is a contender.

blahblahyoutoo
12-11-2013, 12:10 AM

Lin
Harden
Parsons
Moses Malone/Barkley
Dwight

and watch Zo stomp the **** outta "best center in the league".
Zo was barely top 5 in his prime and is leagues above dwight.

rex.reyesiii
12-11-2013, 03:28 AM
Heat Fan here choosing Hou in this situation/circumstance. :D